Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Causes: Christianity, Religion

Mission: Wings took 5 mission trips to canada,

Programs: "wings as eagles carried 20 people to various misionn fields in canada, usa, mexico and cameroon. There was 40 profession of faith and over 394 bibles were distributed. Gospel meetings were held in canada, usa, mexico and cameroon. A bible camp ministry in canada was served, flight camp was also conducted to teach teens the need for avaition in ministry. Aircraft maintenance support was also provided to other missionaries in canada and cameroon. "

https://greatnonprofits.org/org/wings-as-eagles-mission-air-service-inc

And yet, no one can use spell-check.  They can capitalize the first letter of the first word in a sentence,  but not countries.   I don't know what is worse,  misspelling mission or the phrase "there was 40 profession of faith."  I could go on with this paragraph,  but I'm not in the habit of proofreading for free.

• LOL 6
  • Love 12

It's a new popular thing to make an Instagram page for babies even before they are born. I came across one for Shawn Johnson's fetus a while ago. They are pretty dumb but it's a way to pimp out the baby and hopefully sell baby products once they're born. 🙄

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Causes: Christianity, Religion

Mission: Wings took 5 mission trips to canada,

Programs: "wings as eagles carried 20 people to various misionn fields in canada, usa, mexico and cameroon. There was 40 profession of faith and over 394 bibles were distributed. Gospel meetings were held in canada, usa, mexico and cameroon. A bible camp ministry in canada was served, flight camp was also conducted to teach teens the need for avaition in ministry. Aircraft maintenance support was also provided to other missionaries in canada and cameroon. "

https://greatnonprofits.org/org/wings-as-eagles-mission-air-service-inc

That is absolutely terrible. They cannot write or spell for shit. And they’re training others?  

• Love 10

John David's sister-in-law Carinna Burnett is engaged to a man named Daniel Penn. She's 23. FJ has the facebook announcement. 

The Burnetts have 8 kids. Most of them are married.  Carinna's twin sister is still single and so is the youngest who's a boy. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 10/5/2019 at 4:17 PM, doodlebug said:

I am sure that, surprised or not, it was Grandma Rod who paid for those pizzas.  No way Jill or Chubby Hubby came across with the cash to feed that mob.  Also, Jill could use a geography lesson since real New York style pizza is found in New York City which happens to be a 6 hour drive from Grandma's house.  Rochester is near Buffalo clear over on the western end of a very wide state.  If JRod wanted some authentic local cuisine, Buffalo wings would've been the way to go.

That was the first thing I thought of when I read Jill's caption about New York Style pizza.  I grew up in Rochester, NY.  While it is a decent size city and not the boondocks that Manhattanites probably think anywhere north of NYC is, its not as cosmopolitan as any of the boroughs.  Just because you got pizza somewhere in the state of NY doesn't make it New York style pizza.

• Love 13

Alyssa Bates is shilling for a new online clothing retailer.  She modeled the outfits she received , and while they looked nice on her, I was distracted (again) by the filthy bedroom carpet. If she actually gets money from these paid partnerships instead of just free clothes, she should spend a bit of it on carpet cleaning. 😜

• LOL 3
18 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Alyssa Bates is shilling for a new online clothing retailer.  She modeled the outfits she received , and while they looked nice on her, I was distracted (again) by the filthy bedroom carpet. If she actually gets money from these paid partnerships instead of just free clothes, she should spend a bit of it on carpet cleaning. 😜

Alyssa also watched her two (Webster) nieces for a week. She said "3 is her limit for now". I wonder how long that sentiment will last.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I realize that Alyssa has always been tiny, but when she was modeling the skinny pants, I thought her thighs looked like absolute toothpick. Did she lose weight or is that just Alyssa?

The rug is gross.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Alyssa also watched her two (Webster) nieces for a week. She said "3 is her limit for now". I wonder how long that sentiment will last.

The Websters have quite a few grandchildren. They had six kids and so far most of their kids have at least 3 or 4 children.  They're not necessarily quiverfull. 

One of her inlaws just had a baby who was in the nicu for a little bit. I guess Alyssa might be babysitting for that family. 

• Love 2

Teri and Steve Maxwell are recommending books by Dr. Joel Fuhrman's books The End of Heart of Disease and Eat to Live. They are on a new diet for Steve's heart:

"With The End of Heart Disease eating plan, we (Steve and I) don’t eat: meat, dairy, sugar, refined grains, oil, or salt (For those who are healthy, small amounts of meat are acceptable according to Dr. Fuhrman’s Eat to Live.) We eat vegetables, fruit, beans and legumes, nuts and seeds, and whole grains. We have learned a whole new way of eating and even preparing food. Who knew you could stir fry without oil or cook without salt?

Steve has lost 30 pounds, and according to Dr. Fuhrman’s recommendations has a few more to lose (possibly 10). I think he looks great, he feels good, and we recently climbed a 14er in Colorado. His cardiologist says with what he is eating, he is fine not being on a statin. The most amazing part is: after jettisoning everything we knew and loved about food, we are actually enjoying this new way of eating. "

Their adult children who live at home are not on the diet. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Teri and Steve Maxwell are recommending books by Dr. Joel Fuhrman's books The End of Heart of Disease and Eat to Live. They are on a new diet for Steve's heart:

"With The End of Heart Disease eating plan, we (Steve and I) don’t eat: meat, dairy, sugar, refined grains, oil, or salt (For those who are healthy, small amounts of meat are acceptable according to Dr. Fuhrman’s Eat to Live.) We eat vegetables, fruit, beans and legumes, nuts and seeds, and whole grains. We have learned a whole new way of eating and even preparing food. Who knew you could stir fry without oil or cook without salt?

Steve has lost 30 pounds, and according to Dr. Fuhrman’s recommendations has a few more to lose (possibly 10). I think he looks great, he feels good, and we recently climbed a 14er in Colorado. His cardiologist says with what he is eating, he is fine not being on a statin. The most amazing part is: after jettisoning everything we knew and loved about food, we are actually enjoying this new way of eating. "

Their adult children who live at home are not on the diet. 

No oil? No cheese? No alcohol (I'm assuming)?  No ice cream? What killjoy designed that diet?  I would rather die than eat that way.

• LOL 8
  • Love 10

Alyssa had another 6 hr surgery on her heart.I'm guessing she may have lost some weight from that? Idk,but I hope she's feeling better,and that her SVT is gone for good

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 14

We eat vegetables, fruit, beans and legumes, nuts and seeds, and whole grains. We have learned a whole new way of eating and even preparing food. Who knew you could stir fry without oil or cook without salt?

I do my stir fry with water, it comes up a lot in vegan recipes. I don't think it's anything new. I went on a plant based diet out of necessity(my body doesn't like meat or dairy) and I feel great. I hope they are taking at least a B-12 vitamin.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, louannems said:

I realize that Alyssa has always been tiny, but when she was modeling the skinny pants, I thought her thighs looked like absolute toothpick. Did she lose weight or is that just Alyssa?

The rug is gross.

Alyssa is tiny.  She probably doesn’t weigh much over 80 lbs.  I hope the baby train has stopped for her.

• Love 9
On 10/7/2019 at 4:04 PM, DkNNy79 said:

That was the first thing I thought of when I read Jill's caption about New York Style pizza.  I grew up in Rochester, NY.  While it is a decent size city and not the boondocks that Manhattanites probably think anywhere north of NYC is, its not as cosmopolitan as any of the boroughs.  Just because you got pizza somewhere in the state of NY doesn't make it New York style pizza.

Have you tried telling the denizens of Rochester, Syracuse, Buffalo etc., that they don't have "New York Style Pizza", however?  In my experience, they very much think they do; in fact, they may even think it a competition between them and NYC.  I remember seeing that claim all the time upstate in pizzeria slogans, phone book ads, etc., back in the day.  I thought Jill and David do know NYC a little and should know better; but maybe they don't.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, queenanne said:

Have you tried telling the denizens of Rochester, Syracuse, Buffalo etc., that they don't have "New York Style Pizza", however?  In my experience, they very much think they do; in fact, they may even think it a competition between them and NYC.  I remember seeing that claim all the time upstate in pizzeria slogans, phone book ads, etc., back in the day.  I thought Jill and David do know NYC a little and should know better; but maybe they don't.

I am from New York, living in Pennsylvania now. I laugh any time I see an add touting “New York pizza” here.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I am from New York, living in Pennsylvania now. I laugh any time I see an add touting “New York pizza” here.

I do think, to some extent, that people who say "New York Style" mean "crust style", like "Chicago style" means "deep dish"; and aren't necessarily concerned with the rest of it. 

I have eaten some abominations though under that sobriquet, and their taste is always so indefinably... weird and wrong.  Like, I will have no idea where said establishment got their idea of "tomato paste/sauce"; or I'll be wondering about the age of the flour used in the crust.  

• Love 5

Well, they did sing for their supper. Although they were probably fed before they performed. Otherwise, the church would have made some excuses about why they couldn't go out. 😁

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, awaken said:

Golden Corral!  Hahaha. Too funny that she is so transparent!  Roaming around grifting for meals!

$20 says Jill was stuffing rolls in her purse when nobody was looking.  

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

A video:

Y'all must take the time to listen to Jill screech and descant out of pitch, all while filming the worshipers!  She has to sing the loudest ( and off tune).  Not everyone looks too pleased to be filmed.  Jill, stop embarrassing Timothy!

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, louannems said:

Y'all must take the time to listen to Jill screech and descant out of pitch, all while filming the worshipers!  She has to sing the loudest ( and off tune).  Not everyone looks too pleased to be filmed.  Jill, stop embarrassing Timothy!

I heard her.  She’s pathetic in every way.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

It really was, and did you notice the people who were rubbernecking, trying to figure out where that god-awful screeching was coming from?

I honestly don't have the ambition to listen to this. To my ear, she has always had a reasonably pleasant and reasonably on-pitch voice which she unfortunately stretches the limits of with unfortunate consequences. If these people really want to use their "god given talents"  in self proclaimed ministry, I'd say, first of all listen to yourself with a critical ear, second of all, get actual  educated input from, if not accredited sources, at least trustworthy ones. And third of all go to an actual professional with more than a wannabe act tp their credit who is at least more than peripherally acquainted with what the requirements are for anything like a passable (with no real aspirations to a hit) release. And once you have that info, work toward bettering yourself. Because   no matter how good you might get, there will probably be a thousand acts ahead of you.

• Love 9

There's a ton of competition out therr. It seems like a good number of fundie families have bands of some sort, some with the parents, others, Duggars includef, consisting of just the kids. At any rate, these groups are a dime a dozen. The Rods are nothing special, unlike the wildly talented Reiths of Southern Raised. 

• Love 4
On 10/7/2019 at 4:51 PM, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if the sheen has worn off as the girls are so close in age. I can see there being quite a bit of a gap between Zoey and a potential Webster4. Alyssa strikes me as someone who loves her daughters but would also just love to ship them off to school for 8 hours to do her own thing without three tiny people wanting her attention all the time. 

On 10/6/2019 at 5:31 PM, OpieTaylor said:

Agreed! I was surprised when Josie recently announced that she was getting extensions in her hair again so that she could do fun braids, etc. It hadn’t occurred to me that all that hair the Bates girls have may not be all theirs (not that there’s anything wrong with that). And clearly Josie and Katie are bleaching. It seems the Duggars’ hair is all theirs.

Yep. The Duggar women are #blessed in the hair department for the most part. They still need to get a trim tho. Their brothers' hairlines died so their hair could live.  

I would not be the least bit surprised if the Bates' daughters had extensions for thickness. It is becoming almost like a necessity these days. Josie would probably have the proper education to do the sew-in and glue ones so they would only be shelling out money for the hair extensions themselves. I'm doubtful they would pay for ethically sourced ones though. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
58 minutes ago, clueless101 said:

Still nothing on Nurie?

Not a word.  I hope she and her future headship told Mama to shut her yap and stop posting about them, but, if this is a failed courtship, Jill is just going to pretend like it never happened.  Just like the time Nurie had a male friend gift her with purple bubble gum and Jill was all excited.  I don't believe she's posted a word about him since, not even to say that he was just a friend and not a suitor.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, sondraK said:

So they go to see Timothy play at church,and the church owes them dinner for that?

Well, they also screeched, I mean, sang, so maybe Golden Corral was compensation for that. Or maybe the church wanted to shut them up and thought giving them something to eat so they would have something in their mouths would solve the problem. LOL 

• LOL 13
12 hours ago, Kbo said:

$20 says Jill was stuffing rolls in her purse when nobody was looking.  

I have not stepped foot into a Golden Corral in more than a decade, but those rolls are the best thing on that buffet.  Who hasn't stuffed a few rolls into their bag whist visiting?

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I have not stepped foot into a Golden Corral in more than a decade, but those rolls are the best thing on that buffet.  Who hasn't stuffed a few rolls into their bag whist visiting?

Never ate there, but the one by us is disgusting. People have gotten sick after eating there. 

• Love 5
17 hours ago, louannems said:

Okay, I did. I was totally loving the side-eye she was getting from one young guy behind her. 🤣

And OMG Jill's awful singing! Right up there with Hyacinth Bucket's off-pitch warbling in its awfulness, volume, and oblivious self-confidence! Who knew, that I'd ever see, and hear, a real-life Hyacinth in action? 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Golden Corral is my favorite for awful-trashy-shameful "I can't decide if this actually tastes good or awful, but I'm gonna keep eating it because BUFFET!" eating establishment.  I have a rule that I can not eat there more once in two years, though, because the yuckiness of being so full and eating so much I can't even remember what all I consumed is too much. LOL. 

I am VERY glad, though, that this church took the Rods there because it is all you-can-eat and over-gorging oneself is normalized and damn near expected at Golden Corral. Heck, it'd be bad table manners not to have several plates & stuff yourself if someone treated you to Golden Corral.  Plus, we KNOW the Rod kids need to be fed and to feel comfortable eating as much as they want.  I wish every "love offering" dinner they received was from Golden Corral or a similar place where several plates and gluttony is the norm (as opposed to eating at a potluck where they may not feel they can get extra helpings without being judged/having people judge their parents for not feeding them).  That way, they'd at least get plenty of food once a week (if they perform every week on Sundays).  However, that would certainly be expensive for the churches feeding them and it's ultimately not their responsibility to feed these children anyway. But I am so glad these kids got Golden Corral.  I wouldn't recommend it for anyone except maybe the Rod kids! 🙂

• Love 16

Good to know.  We see Golden Corral commercials on TV, but none exist in our town.  No one in our household is close to being underweight, so we wouldn't get our money's worth there!

I've never heard the Rod singers, so I'll take your word for it, and avoid it.  That Jill and her makeup is something else, along with her daughters.  If they can't afford food on the regular, why do they buy a buttload of makeup?  Mind-boggling.

• Love 3

I've always thought it rude to turn around and look at ppl behind you.I know when I'm waiting in line,I can't stand that and I never do it to anyone else.But Jill even films it!

I guess these churches feel sorry for those poor,underweight kids,so they send them out for a meal.Exactly how Jill n David want them to feel,imo.Starving kids are always good for a grift!

• Love 7

I listened to as much as I could stand on a few of the Rods’ singing videos.  The girls might not be bad singers but the whole family only ever sings at one dynamic - loud!  It drives me crazy!  

And the video of her filming everybody in Timmy’s new church.  That was bizarre, and I wouldn’t be happy if some stranger did that at a service I was attending.

• Love 6

That must have been quite a sight to see them all visiting the college!  

The older girls are covered neck to floor in heavy fabric!  

I hope Tim is enjoying his time away from home and expanding his world!  (Hopefully!!)

• Love 9