Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

And what trials have they experienced in the last 3 years, specifically? Who is this couple?

I interpreted the “west” as the western world. But what does she consider the East? 😆

She’s using the “West” ways of life in comparison to (the Bible). So, the wrong way to live vs the right way to live.
The 3 years are probably referencing COVID. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I just happened upon the Rogers family. The mom Courtney just had her 12th child and the oldest is 11. The family confuses me because the dad is a pastor, yet they seem to have all kinds of money. The mom homeschools and they identify as Independent Baptist, yet the girls play with Barbies. Oh and all their names begin with a C.

https://www.instagram.com/littlehouseinthehighdesert/

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 3
7 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

What “trials” has this couple (the Parkers) experienced?

the Parkers' trials seem to include the wife having cardiac arrest and surviving and their son in-law died of covid leaving a wife and 3 or 4 kids

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Does anyone know if they discuss the Bates on Reddit? I'm still curious as to what was behind their abrupt cancelation. 

I’ve seen some Bates discussion on Reddit but I don’t think they have figured out what happened with the TV show. It seems like whatever it was should have come out by now, so it’s a mystery.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Everyone says GWE is huge, but wow Jill is large too.   Even in photos without the kids for comparison.    Well we know where all the food goes but you would think someone as obsessed with looks as Jill would care about her size.   Even Michelle Duggar works out every day to keep herself "cheerleader sexy" for Jim Bob.

Excuse me I need to go lie down for a bit, I feel ill after typing that last line.

• LOL 20
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Everyone says GWE is huge, but wow Jill is large too.   Even in photos without the kids for comparison.    Well we know where all the food goes but you would think someone as obsessed with looks as Jill would care about her size.   Even Michelle Duggar works out every day to keep herself "cheerleader sexy" for Jim Bob.

Excuse me I need to go lie down for a bit, I feel ill after typing that last line.

She's a walking endorsement for Plexus. By walking I mean walk away from it and feed your kids, Jill! 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I just happened upon the Rogers family. The mom Courtney just had her 12th child and the oldest is 11. The family confuses me because the dad is a pastor, yet they seem to have all kinds of money. The mom homeschools and they identify as Independent Baptist, yet the girls play with Barbies. Oh and all their names begin with a C.

https://www.instagram.com/littlehouseinthehighdesert/

To my knowledge most Baptists would have no problems with Barbies.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

To my knowledge most Baptists would have no problems with Barbies.

Huh, I didn't know that. I find it surprising though. Maybe because as a nonreligious person, I have a problem with Barbie, lol. They weren't a forbidden toy in our house, but the oversexualization and impossible figure bothers me.

So typically are Baptists and Independent Baptists beliefs more similar or more different?

• Useful 3

"Nathan is such a blessing to our family". Yeah, he will be as long as he keeps picking up the tab at restaurants. It's all he has to offer, now that being "Anna Duggar's brother" has lost it's cachet.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
30 minutes ago, Madtown said:

I don't know about the rest of you, but when my husband and I go out to dinner with either of our parents, we don't call it a "couples date." We just call it going out to eat.

That was what we called it. And often my parents offered to pay or we would split the bill. The times we paid for everything was when we were taking them out for an anniversary or a birthday..... 

• Love 18
5 hours ago, crazy8s said:

the Parkers' trials seem to include the wife having cardiac arrest and surviving and their son in-law died of covid leaving a wife and 3 or 4 kids

Well, that's fair.

I am still LOL'ing the reference to the West though. Is she referencing California, Oregon, and Washington State? You know, because the New England and mid-Atlantic areas are such uber conservative hot spots and all </sarcasm>.

• LOL 14

Nothing seems more boring to me than spending my life in these little churches, performing and listening to badly played music and repetitive sermons by uneducated "preachers."

I don't think HUNK has any kind of sense of humor.  I wonder what he enjoys in his life because living looks like a burden to him.

The Evangelicals seem to like Russia these days, so maybe she thinks morals are better in the East (Russia) and women know their place or something.  Of course she has no idea what goes on there but Putin is venerated these days in some circles.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

Nothing seems more boring to me than spending my life in these little churches, performing and listening to badly played music and repetitive sermons by uneducated "preachers."

I don't think HUNK has any kind of sense of humor.  I wonder what he enjoys in his life because living looks like a burden to him.

The Evangelicals seem to like Russia these days, so maybe she thinks morals are better in the East (Russia) and women know their place or something.  Of course she has no idea what goes on there but Putin is venerated these days in some circles.

I’m happy to help her pack so she can move to Russia. And pay for her plane ticket!

• LOL 9
  • Love 15
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Huh, I didn't know that. I find it surprising though. Maybe because as a nonreligious person, I have a problem with Barbie, lol. They weren't a forbidden toy in our house, but the oversexualization and impossible figure bothers me.

So typically are Baptists and Independent Baptists beliefs more similar or more different?

It is hard to say because they each decide what how they interpret the Bible. They can range form conservative to liberal, well liberal for Baptists that is. I cannot think off hand why they would object to Barbies from a biblical viewpoint unless they would go with " Thou shall not make a graven image. ` but that is a bit of a reach. I played with Barbies as a child and never thought about the impossible figure or the sexualization ( but as an adult I can see that) I just enjoyed dressing them.

• Love 9
On 3/9/2022 at 8:54 AM, crazy8s said:

Nathan probably paid for the meal and jill probably whined/bitched about biden and high gas prices enough to get the aunt and uncle to pay to fill the tank of the RV.

The stink bus probably gets 8 miles/gallon, so there’s no telling what they’re spending on gasoline when they’re traveling from state to state and church to church.  The waifs are probably dividing up one pkg of Ramen/day to eat at this point.

• Love 2
On 3/10/2022 at 7:54 AM, Turquoise said:

I hope for all their sakes this was a GOOD Olive Garden...

Dog help Nathan if he takes BME to anything less! 

On 3/10/2022 at 11:53 AM, Madtown said:

I don't know about the rest of you, but when my husband and I go out to dinner with either of our parents, we don't call it a "couples date." We just call it going out to eat.

That's because you're normal.

• LOL 6
  • Love 11

How many daughters does Jill have to get married before she and Chunky can retire from the stink van grifting circuit and start living entirely off their sons-in-law? 

Married Rod sons are an unknown factor and cannot be considered. 

• LOL 9
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

How many daughters does Jill have to get married before she and Chunky can retire from the stink van grifting circuit and start living entirely off their sons-in-law? 

Married Rod sons are an unknown factor and cannot be considered. 

Married Rod sons does not compute. Those boys are so fucked.

• Love 6

Rene looks like she’s having a root canal not having fun with mommy dearest. 

Rene is praying for a HUNK of her own to marry ASAP

4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Can anyone help me? What does this - Jesause - mean?

It’s the way Jill pronounces Jesus 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

She is already grimacing. Send the help.

I think it's the shape of her mouth and her slightly disproportionate nose more than a grimace. Best cash cow son-in-law Nathan has the same issue, especially with the mouth. 

• Love 1

Ugh, I hate looking at her hands because I have the same, sad malady. I can be stick thin, but I've always had stubby porker fingers and toes. 

It's the only thing I have in common with Jill. 😃

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 3/10/2022 at 4:00 PM, iwantcookies said:

Ya all need to watch the video featuring HUNK wearing this. He is limping or something. He truly doesn’t look well at all. Maybe he is the one having a SEVERELY injured knee?

3FCEDC44-CBA2-417C-856B-BA7F30A793BD.jpeg

On 3/10/2022 at 6:53 PM, 65mickey said:

In the last picture, David looks like he is in pain and suffering. He does not look healthy physically or mentally. 

Does Jill actually care about her husband? I’m sure if she was limping they’ll be at the doctors in no time! 

On 3/10/2022 at 7:42 PM, Cinnabon said:

I’m happy to help her pack so she can move to Russia. And pay for her plane ticket!

Now why would you torment the Russians like that? 

On 3/10/2022 at 7:51 PM, BitterApple said:

There is, yes. BatesSnark. 

Also BringingUpBates too but some of them are fans.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BringingUpBates/

https://www.reddit.com/r/BatesFamilySnark/

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1
On 3/10/2022 at 2:35 PM, merylinkid said:

Everyone says GWE is huge, but wow Jill is large too.  

Jills is a rather hefty lass actually. It always becomes apparent when she's in a video she can't edit to oblivion.

There was a photo of her with one of her young daughters where she honestly looks like a Barbie (well, the cheap version) because she filtered herself so much.

Her fingers are horribly swollen. I reckon she's got water retention in addition to her crazy thyroid.

Fat slob is just vile. End of story.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

Her fingers are horribly swollen.

Her rings are cutting into her finger.   She needs to get them off.   Last year, my finger swelled up and we found out the hard way my wedding ring is made of some VERY solid stuff.  Had to go to the ER.   Even after they ground through it they couldn't twist it off, it took two STRONG men each grasping a pair of pliers on either side of the cut and pulling outwards to open it enough to get it off.   That was a fun night.   

Yeah Jill, not a great ad for the "miracle" of Plexus.

• Love 6