Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I believe that's the table the pastor of their church handmade for the Rods because Jill was whining that her big, godly family had no place to gather to break bread and worship in their new barndo home. Why should Jill care about protecting the finish on the wood?  It was just another grift that cost her nothing. 

All that crap in her house and no coasters? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
23 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

And the bread is just plopped on the table, no plate or napkin under it. And that looks to be about half of the available bread, so it must be Hunk's portion. Personally, I cannot stand drinking from a Mason jar like that. I know they were quite the rage several years back , but were very uncomfortable to me.

Just as an aside, does anyone else's autocorrect constantly change were to we're? 

There is a restaurant by us that has really good food and drinks. My husband grumbles that they serve the beer in a mason jar and he hates it. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

C98ED037-8A69-439E-9D6A-3D8AC19DB00F.jpeg

BAF893AD-B6D5-4F49-BAE0-5B8ECB665A66.jpeg

9413F306-EE6C-4EBF-8B55-BEF13A27145C.jpeg

I should have checked Facebook lol

Way to go, Jilly. Ohio is over the top in COVID cases… let’s just invite a butt-load of people over to spend time inside. Looks like they are having a rousing good time, too.

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

I’m surprised she hasn’t married off more of her kids. 

I bet it's not for want of trying. At least the older daughters are - underneath the crazed JillR Back To The Eighties™ styling - fairly attractive, and have been brought up to be docile and man-pleasing. That makes them an easier sell to horny young fundie guys who can overlook or avoid Jill's essential insanity. 

How she's going to offload those sons - who knows? Underfed, hollow-eyed, under-educated, tied to Best Mama EVER's apron strings, with no money and no discernable skills to support a family - what fundie father of a nubile young fundie virgin would allow such a guy to marry his daughter? Not a very good fundie father, IMO, but then I'm not part of that insane world so, what do I know? I'm pretty sure "good fundie father" is an oxymoron anyway.

Heck,  Nathan Keller didn't marry until his, what, mid-20s. At least by then he'd apparently built up a business so he could support a family. Not that the Kellers are Parents of the Year - but IMO they are not as nasty and toxic as the Rods. 

I don't know much about the fundie circles the Rods move in. We've seen JB marry off his sons fairly young - in Justin's case barely legal, lol. But it seems that Duggar Enterprises has the resources to support those fledging families. Rodrigues Family Ministries isn't nearly as well-endowed with earthly treasure. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Way to go, Jilly. Ohio is over the top in COVID cases… let’s just invite a butt-load of people over to spend time inside. Looks like they are having a rousing good time, too.

She has an answer for that:

609C270E-AF9C-447C-9151-CF4B22AF8FEA.jpeg

I want to see evidence of an Amish neighborhood Christmas party in which Jill participated. Is Jilly implying that she hosted it at her house? I SEVERELY doubt that. I can't imagine a more awkward event than Jill serving potato chips and a single pot of beige slop, and her neighbors commenting on it in German while dodging her camera. 

I bet it was really some kind of town "block" party or similar event open to everyone. I'm sure there was Amish and Mennonite food available. Jill personalizes everything. 

• Love 19
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I want to see evidence of an Amish neighborhood Christmas party in which Jill participated. Is Jilly implying that she hosted it at her house? I SEVERELY doubt that. I can't imagine a more awkward event than Jill serving potato chips and a single pot of beige slop, and her neighbors commenting on it in German while dodging her camera. 

I bet it was really some kind of town "block" party or similar event open to everyone. I'm sure there was Amish and Mennonite food available. Jill personalizes everything. 

Do the Amish even celebrate Christmas??

3 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

I wonder if JPlexas still wants to marry one of her kids into the Duggar Family? 

Doubtful. She's been taking digs at them in her posts since Smuggar's trial. HER family doesn't have anyone who has strayed from her teachings, while OTHER families have. HER family wins the Most Godly contest in her warped mind.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Ohio is also one of the states with children’s hospitals filling up. 

6 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I am not Amish, but I also consider her garish and loud and not at all my kind of woman.

One of the big tenets of the Amish faith is that one is to lead a 'plain' life; to be part of the crowd to have no ego, to not seek attention or aggrandizement over anyone else.  One of the reasons you don't run into any Amish doctors or lawyers is because they eschew higher education as a form of pride, a way to elevate onself over everyone else.  Meanwhile, Jill's entire raison d'etre is to continually brag about how much better she is than anyone else.  She's anti-Amish.  

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 3
  • Love 20
4 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Oh, FFS… they think this is a joke.

And, I really, really HATE when people use the term “jabbed” pertaining to the vaccine. JMHO.

Especially when they’re not from the UK. 

46 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Doubtful. She's been taking digs at them in her posts since Smuggar's trial. HER family doesn't have anyone who has strayed from her teachings, while OTHER families have. HER family wins the Most Godly contest in her warped mind.

I wonder if she realizes she’s also insulting the Kellers when she posts that crap.

• Love 12
43 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I suspect this originated with someone from the UK.  They don't say shots, they say jabs.

Not totally sure about that. I see a fair amount of FB people from this side of the pond that do not choose to be vaccinated that use the term “jabbed” and in the same context that JillRod uses it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Rootbeer said:

One of the big tenets of the Amish faith is that one is to lead a 'plain' life; to be part of the crowd to have no ego, to not seek attention or aggrandizement over anyone else.  One of the reasons you don't run into any Amish doctors or lawyers is because they eschew higher education as a form of pride, a way to elevate onself over everyone else.  Meanwhile, Jill's entire raison d'etre is to continually brag about how much better she is than anyone else.  She's anti-Amish.  

It's probably very unlikely that the Amish have been vaccinated themselves...but then again, they are less likely to mingle with non-Amish folk.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Yes, but as a religious holiday.  They sing some German carols, the kids might do a Nativity play.  The families spend the day together and eat a nice meal.   Gift giving is limited mainly to small handmade items.

What the Amish, at least the old order Amish, don't do is hang out with Yankees/English on the holiday.  They will certainly be polite, might bring a loaf of fresh bread or homemade cookies as a holiday gift; but they generally keep to themselves socially.  Someone like Jill, who seems to view the Amish as a curiosity, a tourist attraction, is not going to be high on the list of people with whom regular Amish want to socialize.

While Jill considers herself to be the ultimate model of a Christian wife; the Amish would consider her garish and loud and not at all their kind of woman.

Jill, with the clownish makeup, bad dye job and tacky extensions along with the cheap ugly overdone jewelry is probably a subject of much amusemnt to her Amish neighbors who would probably be stunned to hear she thinks she's so much like them.

That was so well said!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, awaken said:

I’m confused whether she means she had a party WITH the Amish (doubtful!) or her own party in what she thinks is an Amish style. 

And holy overuse of commas!

Definitely Jill had a party Amish style! She probably followed an Amish family around Costco and bought the same food. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, awaken said:

I’m confused whether she means she had a party WITH the Amish (doubtful!) or her own party in what she thinks is an Amish style. 

And holy overuse of commas!

I interpreted it as her own Amish-style party, and I was morbidly curious about what it looked like. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
38 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

She made her own cake and gifts? 😂

I feel like Jill's version of an Amish party is she wears a bonnet and burns some bread and then calls it good. 

thumb_gonna-party-like-its-1699-amish-pa

• LOL 18
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Not totally sure about that. I see a fair amount of FB people from this side of the pond that do not choose to be vaccinated that use the term “jabbed” and in the same context that JillRod uses it.

I'm sure they picked up on it as jabs, jabbed, definitely sounds more negative that shots.

• Love 6

It must be hard for the tweens and older at Christmastime in the Jrod house. Dollar Store gifts are fine for little ones, but who wants a foot spa that likely never works, of perfume in an upside-down box. It seems the boys get more appropriate gifts.

This gift surprised me:

image.png.9c0e147062e4cb9a2aa75cc8da685142.png

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It must be hard for the tweens and older at Christmastime in the Jrod house. Dollar Store gifts are fine for little ones, but who wants a foot spa that likely never works, of perfume in an upside-down box. It seems the boys get more appropriate gifts.

This gift surprised me:

image.png.9c0e147062e4cb9a2aa75cc8da685142.png

Looks like something one would find used at a thrift store 

• Love 9
18 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Oh, FFS… they think this is a joke.

And, I really, really HATE when people use the term “jabbed” pertaining to the vaccine. JMHO.

Ask Amy

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

3D6CFB11-00EE-4938-B3F6-4B5C378ECB4C.jpeg

67455DB1-D993-49AA-8417-348C8F08FA88.jpeg

15219E58-4133-4589-BE30-E197A16F8730.jpeg

After my first boyfriend and I broke up.  I ran over the ring with my car.  How's that? Jill (we are still friends to this day).  

Edited by Boston
forgot word
13 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

It's probably very unlikely that the Amish have been vaccinated themselves...but then again, they are less likely to mingle with non-Amish folk.

They would if they have a trade or a business that involves tourists or the general public. I remember going to the Paradise Farmer's Market and the place was packed with Amish and non-Amish. I am sure none are vaccinated. 

• Love 1

Sammers got a rifle that is around $100 with the description "The GAMO Varmint is a lightweight .177 caliber break barrel air rifle that shoots up to 1,250 feet per second. It is powered by a spring piston and includes the Gamo 4×32 scope."

manly sammers got an air rifle and Gabriel got shoes. last year it seems gabriel got a rifle and Timbits got shoes.

17 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Google says about 10% of the Ohio Amish community are vaccinated.

The Amish have generally not been big on vaccination in general; COVID is just the latest vaccine that most of them haven't gotten.  There have been outbreaks of measles in the Amish community over the years due to lack of vaccination.  However, they don't oppose vaccination or modern medicine in general.  They just don't seek it out and preventive care is especially not a big priority in the community.

• Useful 11
  • Love 1

Does Jill even know enough people who would attend three different parties she's hosting? I get the church ladies sitting around looking bored, but who came to the "English" neighborhood Christmas party and to the "Amish" neighborhood Christmas party [unnecessary commas omitted]? 

Jill is notoriously cheap when it comes to spending money on anyone other than herself (unless there's a grift to be set up or be rewarded). Maybe she shelled out for crackers and dip because she wanted to show off her new addition. Still, even if she provided edible food, how much Jill Rodrigues can a sane person take in such a short period of time? 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5