Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Josie Bates had her baby. The baby Hazel, looks like a carbon copy of her soon to be 2 sister, Willow.

In other Bates news, Alyssa bates is in town. A few of the sisters were shopping with Kelly - Alyssa had on ripped skinny jeans. In the past it seemed she saved her pants, tight shirts and short dresses for when she wasn't around her parents. Times are a changing for the Bates. Superficially, anyways.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, louannems said:

Any idea why Jill (in the car with her "girlies" has the music icon and the word meditation spelled wrong?

Idk but Jill is just like my mom,so I can already tell you what "spending a day with my girlies" means.It means they get to follow Jill around and watch her buy all kinds of clothes,goodies and trinkets for herself,while they get nothing.And they're supposed to consider it fun. :(

10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Thank-you for the pic @ginger90.

I see that un-Godly music is acceptable if its FREE. I hope no one got a bounce in their step or a wiggle in their hips while that un-Godly FREE music was playing. 

One of the kids should just plug in a radio then. Free music!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Kaylee and Renee are of marriageable age in Rod World, so I'm surprised Jill hasn't been displaying them more lately. One of them wanted to marry a farmer (for the food, no doubt), so Jill should find a nice Mennonite guy with a piece of land and some livestock. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Everyone and everything in the fundie's world is godly right down to music being godly. I never heard the term godly until I started reading about fundies. In the days when I was attending church mere mortals were referred to as holy or spiritual but never godly. I still find this term strange almost sacrilegist. 

• Love 16
(edited)
6 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Everyone and everything in the fundie's world is godly right down to music being godly. I never heard the term godly until I started reading about fundies. In the days when I was attending church mere mortals were referred to as holy or spiritual but never godly. I still find this term strange almost sacrilegist. 

Me too! 20 years of Catholic Church growing up and I don’t remember every hearing that term until recently and it really bothers me.

7 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Don't Mennonites forbid wearing makeup or jewelry? The Rod girls might be a tough sell. 

And they would never allow constant pictures/filming.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

I don't know about jewelry and makeup (probably not), but many Mennonites are OK with electricity, so the hair dryer and curling iron can stay. 

However, Jill must not reveal that she never taught the girls to cook anything other than pots of beige slop. 

• LOL 3
39 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Don't Mennonites forbid wearing makeup or jewelry? The Rod girls might be a tough sell. 

If they’re Old Order, yes. But they won’t look outside of their community for a wife. Regular Mennonites can span the range from super conservative socially to churches that perform same sex weddings. 

• Useful 9
  • Love 4
On 6/9/2021 at 7:44 PM, sondraK said:

My other thought is that they will freeze some of Josh's swimmers if he gets sent off to prison for many years.Then Anna will unthaw and self inseminate at home.No IVF needed. Of course this requires Josh to have swimmers that can survive freezing.Not all men do.

I know fundies don't approve of non sexual methods of having babies,but desperate times call for desperate measures? Anna came from a family of 8 kids,so I think she'll want at least 8 of her own.And she'll be one short if when Josh goes off to prison

Well, at least that visual requires a little less brain bleach...

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 6/14/2021 at 4:17 PM, sondraK said:

Their clothes are an abomination

I’m amazed that Jill let the girl who is second from the right out of the house in that skintight baseball T. Even with the frumpy jersey maxi skirt, she looks like a normal teenager! People might look at her instead of Jill! That’s just not acceptable! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

The irony!  Like her sexy (🤮) HUNK is hardworking?  Don't think so.

One thing the Amish do is work hard. They don't take government hand outs as far as I know. I could be wrong, but from what I have read, they don't. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Nuri is clutching her stomach which looks like she had 25 big dinners in a month. Congratulations on getting proper nutrition kid! Guess PRECIOUS mama will let us know the sex of the grand baby. 

How far along is Nurie, 4 or 5 months?

2 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Let's just hope Nurie is saved from Jill's tweezers on this visit! *fingers crossed*

It doesn’t look like there’s much left to tweeze.  Her brows are mostly eyebrow pencil.  They’re horrible.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
(edited)

I wonder what Nathan and Nurie will give Shrek Jill for father's day. It's a given he'll be footing the bill for all the meals while they're visiting.

Edited by scriggle
  • Love 6

Note that Nurie needs to place her hand on her stomach to let us know she’s pregnant. Otherwise, she would just look like any other young woman. Also, I would PAY to see Jill dress like the Amish!

• LOL 5
  • Love 16
(edited)
31 minutes ago, scriggle said:

I wonder what Nathan and Nurie will give Shrek Jill for father's day. It's a given he'll be footing the bill for all the meals while they're visiting.

How do you think this plays out?  Does Jill suggest going out for dinner with the entire brood to celebrate Nurthan being back and then Shrek playfully "forgets" his wallet?  Does Nurie gently explain to Nathan that the only way her siblings are going to get a decent meal is if he is the one to suggest going out to eat, and then he picks up the check while Shrek chuckles, weakly protests and rubs his gigantic belly?  Or does Jill take Nathan aside and guilt him into paying, somehow twisting a Bible verses to serve her purpose?  It can't be fun for Nathan to visit his in-laws knowing that his most recent entire paycheck is going to mostly go down Shrek's gullet and the rest will be spent on a tchotchke for Jill to commemorate the visit.  

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Here’s part of it. 

E2E0A3C1-A025-4F29-8334-397AB8E49EAF.jpeg

99CE6F3B-8C51-4C35-BC04-EADB6B02D65B.jpeg

86F69922-AF5D-439C-B732-99675D4230A1.jpeg

I mean, in all fairness Jilly, I can check a few despite being a degenerate piece of shit in your eyes.

☑️I am a reliable, hard worker who is lucky enough to have a husband who allows me to be a stay at home wife.

☑️I keep a very neat and tidy household.

☑️I love a skirt!

I’m going to go wash dishes and then continue to eat curry in bed while I recover from the set of giant knockers MY hunky hubby got for ME, and smoke some weed. Also, get off the interwebz, Jill. The Amish think it’s a waste of time… said so yourself!

• LOL 14
  • Love 6
On 6/14/2021 at 10:22 AM, ginger90 said:

They’re singing Take Me Out to the Ballgame. I did not turn the sound on! 🤣

CE6A1852-F5E7-475D-8025-97A41D5DE282.jpeg

93BD0ACE-F654-47EA-9FC1-A36B7E508327.jpeg

background music:  BABY I WAS BORN THIS WAY (LADY GAGA).. CHEER FOR REAL PEOPLE Jackasses

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

For Jill:

B8663141-D2ED-4DE9-A944-765F6EBB4A82.jpeg

Could not have said it better myself

YAAAAASSSSS!!!!! Yes, Takei… 🤩you are out of this world. 
(haha! I’ll see myself out with my shit puns. Sorry!)

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
58 minutes ago, Enya Face said:

I mean, in all fairness Jilly, I can check a few despite being a degenerate piece of shit in your eyes.

☑️I am a reliable, hard worker who is lucky enough to have a husband who allows me to be a stay at home wife.

☑️I keep a very neat and tidy household.

☑️I love a skirt!

I’m going to go wash dishes and then continue to eat curry in bed while I recover from the set of giant knockers MY hunky hubby got for ME, and smoke some weed. Also, get off the interwebz, Jill. The Amish think it’s a waste of time… said so yourself!

Congratulations on new breasts 😺! Does it hurt a lot?

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

For Jill:

B8663141-D2ED-4DE9-A944-765F6EBB4A82.jpeg

Could not have said it better myself

Yes, I agree that if there were a heaven, I sure wouldn’t want to be there with many of those religious, judgmental hypocrites. Give me hell any day!

• Useful 1
  • Love 7