Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

E3283239-DC91-4B72-84E7-11BBE504149C.jpeg

C22190C5-9FF4-44E6-9C93-4FD080A37060.jpeg

F2F7EAF6-6598-4444-B39F-85A2367B7862.jpeg

Whose garden did Jill photograph? I see vegetables trying to survive in the dry dirt here, and the Rods don't eat anything that isn't beige.  

Whew. David's dad didn't die a Catholic, so he went to Heaven. Like his daughter-in-law, he didn't waste his time with good works. 

• Love 9
18 hours ago, Temperance said:

Jesse Maxwell bought a new house in a new neighborhood. He and his wife the third Anna Maxwell spent their first year living in an apartment. The new house looks nice.  Also pants wearing is getting more common for fundie women; Chelsy Bontrager Maxwell (married to John), Melanie Maxwell (married to Nathan, and Mary Maxwell (daughter of Steve) are all wearing pants on the blog lately. 

Not surprised about Chelsy. VERY surprised about Mary wearing pants since she is still under Stevehovah's wing. It also looked like at least a couple of Melanie's daughters were wearing pants as well. Tina for sure. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

David danced with a girl? Maybe kissed her? I doubt it was anything BAD. Jill is such a BORING judge mental no FUN godly WOMAN. The thought that her PRECIOUS HUNK had fun once upon a time DRIVES her CRAZY.

Ikr.They prob. smoked a cig and drank a drink with caffeine in it.That was my idea of a wild time in HS.LOL

3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

E3283239-DC91-4B72-84E7-11BBE504149C.jpeg

C22190C5-9FF4-44E6-9C93-4FD080A37060.jpeg

F2F7EAF6-6598-4444-B39F-85A2367B7862.jpeg

See we feed our kids ! Jill Rodrigues 

They prob. roast the tire for dinner

• LOL 15

I have said this before, but....I continue to be aghast that this is supposed to be an English native speaker. The Joyful Academy of the Dining Table was lacking a bit, no?

Spraying weed killer in flip flops is a choice. Not a good choice but a choice.

What are those poor plants? Are they veggies? The earth looks dry as fuck - there's this handy wee thing called water that does work miracles Jill.

Snapping photos of people who truly believe that taking a photo of them is NOT acceptable will surely endear her mucho to her neighbours who will, I'm sure of it, already view her as a freak with 10 pounts of make up on her face. If she values the simple life, why doesn't she try it for once? No make up, no bleached hair, wearing simple clothes, WORKING

• Love 18

Is there no wildlife in the countryside of Ohio? I live just outside a city in New England and an unfenced garden like Jill's would be nibbled up at the first sign of growth.

And the weed killer - that poison is no joke. Jill is a freaking idiot.

• Love 16
(edited)
3 hours ago, MunichNark said:

I have said this before, but....I continue to be aghast that this is supposed to be an English native speaker. The Joyful Academy of the Dining Table was lacking a bit, no?

Spraying weed killer in flip flops is a choice. Not a good choice but a choice.

What are those poor plants? Are they veggies? The earth looks dry as fuck - there's this handy wee thing called water that does work miracles Jill.

Snapping photos of people who truly believe that taking a photo tof them is NOT acceptable will surely endear her mucho to her neighbours who will, I'm sure of it, already view her as a freak with 10 pounts of make up on her face. If she values the simple life, why doesn't she try it for once? No make up, no bleached hair, wearing simple clothes, WORKING

Yes hunky hub should be out plowing,planting and harvesting the fields.And Jill should be snapping beans and peas and such.And in the kitchen canning,cooking and preparing all the farmed goods.

But ha ha,that'll be the day

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 12

Josie Bates hasn't posted in two days, and her post three days ago was of previously taken pictures. I expect a birth announcement very soon.

Tori Bates is also due to give birth this month.

• Love 5
(edited)

It'd be hilarious if Jill had married someone like cheap,tightwad,greedy,stingy Jb,instead of the passive David.No more spending tons on makeup,hair extensions,decor,trips,clothes and such.Jill would flip.She's not your typical submissive fundie wife.We all know she makes all the decisions and wears the pants in her family

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 9

JRod has posted pictures of an antique piece of furniture that she bought and refinished.  She took a fine-looking cabinet and absolutely RUINED it.  I saw it on her FB page, but she probably posted it on IG too.  You must check it out.  It’s unbelievable.  She’s a f’ing fruitcake.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

JRod has posted pictures of an antique piece of furniture that she bought and refinished.  She took a fine-looking cabinet and absolutely RUINED it.  I saw it on her FB page, but she probably posted it on IG too.  You must check it out.  It’s unbelievable.  She’s a f’ing fruitcake.

I have to agree.

In her post she asked if it was better before or after. The answers were all, before.

And, brainiac that she is, she refinished it indoors.

C4927D1B-6F57-4FDD-ACE3-C00218EA36A0.jpeg

0A5BBA48-D0AA-4865-B1A9-4A69F16B6D4D.jpeg

• LOL 9
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

I have to agree.

In her post she asked if it was better before or after. The answers were all, before.

That moron ruined a gorgeous antique. 🤮

• Love 17
31 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

That moron ruined a gorgeous antique. 🤮

That's not even good distressing. It reminds me of the "vase" project we did in elementary school, the one with the Coke bottle swathed in masking tape and then painted over with a brown shoe polish dauber. Yuck.

• Love 12
14 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

David looks like his dad.

Did Jill use the name John for any of her sons?

0FD20AC0-28AA-4543-AB04-72B7D91D6E4F.jpeg

I have to say, I see the boys have this same facial structure, the cheek bones especially. So there is some validity to the fact that the kids are naturally thin. However lack of food makes them thinner. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I have to agree.

WTF did she do???!!! 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

Holy crap Janessa could have done a better job of that. I'm sure that post will disappear soon because no one agrees with her.

I looks like she took a black marker to it! 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I have to agree.

Hideous, just like the refinisher herself.  Way to ruin a nice storage cabinet.  And she doesn't need paint fumes in her godawful house, either.  

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Looks like Jill got her hands dirty for once. I think her kids do 100% of cooking and cleaning. Jill hasn’t changed a diaper in a decade. 

939C3A95-76CE-44BA-9645-479C1162BDA0.jpeg

The one on the right looks like she just got done putting her eye makeup on.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Temperance said:

I forgot to post this earlier, but Allison Bontrager Helferich did a blog post about how she and husband Jeremiah Helferich met. She is about to have her first baby soon. Her brother Denver Bontrager is married to Jeremiah's sister, Praise. 

Wow, they really didn’t know each other at all before the wedding! She didn’t even think he was interested in her, but he was already praying and talking to her dad about her — and then out of the blue, he asks her to be in a relationship? The whole thing sounds strange to me. I’m really glad that I didn’t get married to the first guy who had a crush on me.

I can’t imagine going into a marriage like this, although I’m sure that the men and women who go this route are too inexperienced in life to really understand why this is foolhardy or even how this is different from a love match or regular mainstream relationship/marriage.

That’s actually why I hate the parents for encouraging this. Their naive children think that as long as it’s a reasonable match they’ll grow into a happy relationship. Because they don’t know enough about relationships or even themselves to know better. The parents know more about life and know what a loveless, lonely lifelong trap they are likely leading their children into.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Is there no wildlife in the countryside of Ohio? I live just outside a city in New England and an unfenced garden like Jill's would be nibbled up at the first sign of growth.

And the weed killer - that poison is no joke. Jill is a freaking idiot.

There’s plenty of wildlife in the suburbs of Ohio where I reside. People practically erect machine gun nests and barbed wire to keep the deer and other critters out of the garden. Otherwise, it’s cleared out overnight.  

Jill also resides in an area famed for agriculture and rich farmland. Yet, her yard looks desolate like a plague of locusts or a nuclear disaster just happened. Most of us here can’t get stuff to STOP growing and any bare ground is covered almost immediately. They just chopped a patch of hemlock that grew to over 6 feet in just a couple weeks that was behind my yard.  Jill must work overtime to keep that 1930’s Dust Bowl ambience she’s got going.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 16
  • Love 4
Just now, Westiepeach said:

I am merely an antique lover and I am sobbing right with St. Anne. 😥

It’s a crime against humanity, isn’t it? The wood of the original cabinet was stunning.  How can anyone, even stupid Jill, think that her crappy attempt at refinishing that beautiful wood was an improvement?

The refinished piece is also stunning, but not in a good way.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Just when I think JillRod can’t possible stoop any lower… she surprises me. First spreading POISON weed killer while in freakin’ flip flops… and then ruining a potentially gorgeous antique. I got nothing.

• Love 11

That poor cabinet looks like it belongs in Jill's cemetery rock garden. 

That stupid rock garden is just another chore for the kids. At least, they might get food from the vegetable garden, but that pile of gravel and broken junk is just a waste of time and land. 

Does Jill think all of this is going to get her a photo spread in Better Homes and Gardens, Country Living, or House & Garden? Maybe if there's a What Not to Do section. 

As for the weed killer, doesn't Tim's little dog spend time outside? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Nooooo...that gorgeous antique needed nothing more than a good wipedown with dark Old English,  Her "refurbishing" looks like a child fingerpainted it.

That is some of the worst garden dirt I have ever seen. It really needed to be tilled and topsoil/fertilizer added. Literally one afternoon of work would have made a huge difference. Those plants are beyond stressed and will not produce anything.  She really does half-ass everything doesn't she?

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

This can be an ad for:

$19 a month can feed this orphan for a month!

The bottom two girls would be stunning if they got proper nutrition to fill them out. Everyone else looks like extras from Children Of The Corn.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I have to agree.

Jill deleted this post! Probably due to comments saying that it looked better before she ruined it!!!

🤡😺👏

• LOL 21
  • Love 1