Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Turquoise said:

I saw today Gabby dropped out of performing at the CMT Awards tomorrow night due to “personal circumstances”. I hope the circumstance isn’t Punchable Aunt Cade pitching a fit because he’s the spouse of a star.

Fill me in? The only part of that I know is the CMTs. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Turquoise said:

I saw today Gabby dropped out of performing at the CMT Awards tomorrow night due to “personal circumstances”. I hope the circumstance isn’t Punchable Aunt Cade pitching a fit because he’s the spouse of a star.

Wow, I wonder why?

36 minutes ago, Hockey Addict said:

I'm wondering what the fundies in Big Sandy will think about Boob and Meech now. Sympathy?

Yes, I’m so curious. I suspect they’ll still be embraced as paragons of parenting and do their speaking engagements on how successful they’ve been. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, awaken said:

Wow, I wonder why?

Yes, I’m so curious. I suspect they’ll still be embraced as paragons of parenting and do their speaking engagements on how successful they’ve been. 

Quite possible. Or be met with oh, don't blame yourself for Josh.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, Hockey Addict said:

Quite possible. Or be met with oh, don't blame yourself for Josh.

Yup. They probably don't see how Boobchelle's handling of the early problems could have contributed to what Smuggar became as an adult.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Hockey Addict said:

If Josh is put away for over a decade will Anna remarry? Hey, Boob. Want more TLC money? Wedding special! Anna and new man. Then her blessing canal will remain in business.

Anna won't leave. She's got a built-in support system where she's at. Boob will feed his grandkids, but all bets are off if Anna divorces the former Golden Boy.

• Love 19

Anna divorcing Josh would also be an admission that all the years she has continued to defend him and pass him off as a wonderful husband, father, and person was her being wrong. I don't think she can admit that to herself, let alone the world at large. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Zella said:

Anna divorcing Josh would also be an admission that all the years she has continued to defend him and pass him off as a wonderful husband, father, and person was her being wrong. I don't think she can admit that to herself, let alone the world at large. 

I don't think she's all that introspective beyond "Trust Jesus." 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 13
34 minutes ago, Hockey Addict said:

If Josh is put away for over a decade will Anna remarry? Hey, Boob. Want more TLC money? Wedding special! Anna and new man. Then her blessing canal will remain in business.

I’m thinking IVF using Josh’s sperm. 

7 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I don't think she's all that introspective beyond "Trust Jesus." 

Oh I don't think she is either. I don't think she has ever had this conversation with herself. But I think she instinctively realizes that she has been made to look like an absolute fool, but she would rather double-down than admit that maybe she was wrong. 

• Love 16
56 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

OK, but now I'm imagining Philip Rodrigues with long hair...

Jill wouldn’t allow anything like that! That hateful witch stifled her kids to death. There is no expression allowed only LOVE JESUS and buy MAMA gifts. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Hockey Addict said:

Yeah. At this rate K will have more than Michelle.

Mullet better hope Kendra never has twins. If not for her two sets, Mullet would rank behind Kelly Bates. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Jb's head will explode if the Bates surpass him in gkids.He said he wanted 200 gkids,but the Bates may reach that number first? Not sure Jana will ever marry,and Josie may have issues and with some of her floating organs,like M said she has,and she may not be able to have kids?

And M will flip out if Kendra reaches 20 babies.No one outdoes them.LOL

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Heathen said:

Fill me in? The only part of that I know is the CMTs. 

I don’t know if I can add a whole lot more…usually this would be CMA Fest in Nashville. It’s been canceled the last two years because of the pandemic, but it’s normally a huge deal with a lot of events & tourists. The CMT Awards are scheduled for the middle of this week. Gabby was slated to perform with Lady A and another person. She released a statement yesterday that she was dropping out due to personal circumstances, hoped to see her fans this summer.

Gabby won an award at the ACMs several weeks ago, and PAC made a post pointing out she was “Mrs. Foehner”. So there has been speculation he isn’t handling being in her shadow very well.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, Hockey Addict said:

Boob could get her divorced from Josh and have her marry one of the other Duggars.  It worked with Henry VIII and Catherine of Aragon, but not really well.  Anyway I can't see TLC being able to pass that kind of insanity up. 

• LOL 14
3 hours ago, Turquoise said:

I don’t know if I can add a whole lot more…usually this would be CMA Fest in Nashville. It’s been canceled the last two years because of the pandemic, but it’s normally a huge deal with a lot of events & tourists. The CMT Awards are scheduled for the middle of this week. Gabby was slated to perform with Lady A and another person. She released a statement yesterday that she was dropping out due to personal circumstances, hoped to see her fans this summer.

Gabby won an award at the ACMs several weeks ago, and PAC made a post pointing out she was “Mrs. Foehner”. So there has been speculation he isn’t handling being in her shadow very well.

Thanks for the info, but my question was more about Gabby. I have no idea who that is or her husband, or PAC. 

I do know about Lady A and the controversy about the name. I do not have a high opinion of them. 

Topic: I think the Duggars are still ahead in the Great Grandchildren Race. For now. 

I just watched an IG Story from Alyssa Bates. The content wasn't what stuck out to me, it was the creating of the story that got me. Alyssa was kneeling on the floor by her bed. Behind her phone was her infant daughter. Off camera Alyssa was holding a bottle in her daughter's mouth. So Alyssa spent the next few minutes answering strangers questions while basically ignoring her daughter who was inches away.

This influencing shit is freaking crazy. Oh and BTW, Alyssa said they'll probably have more kids.

1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

I just watched an IG Story from Alyssa Bates. The content wasn't what stuck out to me, it was the creating of the story that got me. Alyssa was kneeling on the floor by her bed. Behind her phone was her infant daughter. Off camera Alyssa was holding a bottle in her daughter's mouth. So Alyssa spent the next few minutes answering strangers questions while basically ignoring her daughter who was inches away.

This influencing shit is freaking crazy. Oh and BTW, Alyssa said they'll probably have more kids.

They'll absolutely have more kids! 1. Attention. 2. They'll have to try for a boy. 3. Then the boy, if they get one, will need a brother. 4. More attention. 

The Bateseses are as gross as the Duggars. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Normades said:

Boob could get her divorced from Josh and have her marry one of the other Duggars.  It worked with Henry VIII and Catherine of Aragon, but not really well.  Anyway I can't see TLC being able to pass that kind of insanity up. 

Imagine if JB marries Anna himself 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 5
(edited)
20 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Imagine if JB marries Anna himself 🤣🤣🤣

Ewww. 

Then he'd be stepfather to his own grandchildren. His children (the batch with Ofsmuggar) would be half-siblings to their nieces and nephews, Smuggar's kids. 

It would be like the Habsburgs. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_II_of_Spain

Edited by Heathen
To clarify what that disturbing relationship would be
  • Love 4
On 6/7/2021 at 10:23 AM, Ohiopirate02 said:

There is a wisdom booklet out there somewhere that has a timeline of Christianity from Jesus to Martin Luther that explains how Christianity existed outside the Catholic church.  It is also batshit insane.  Some fundies cannot handle the thought that the Roman Catholic Church was the Christian Church from Peter to 1517.  This timeline includes many French and English sects that existed in that time period and all of them were somehow the "true church" that the RCC persecuted.  Think Cathars and Lollards.

I wish I had saved it.  This was something I found online.  I cannot remember if it was on the old TWOP boards or on Patheos.  

Uuumm, Eastern Orthodoxy and the Roman Catholic Church split in 1054, so the Roman Catholic Church was not the only game in town after that point

However, even among the Protestant faiths, these evangelicals and Baptists are fairly new.

Back to the topic at hand - I don't understand what the end game is for these people to have so many unemployable adults. There is no pride in watching their children become independent and successful

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Insert Username said:

Uuumm, Eastern Orthodoxy and the Roman Catholic Church split in 1054, so the Roman Catholic Church was not the only game in town after that point

However, even among the Protestant faiths, these evangelicals and Baptists are fairly new.

Back to the topic at hand - I don't understand what the end game is for these people to have so many unemployable adults. There is no pride in watching their children become independent and successful

I doubt the Duggars and their like consider those of the Eastern Rite Orthodox faith to be Christians either.  It's just that they don't know enough of them to announce it to the world.  Roman Catholicism is the most common single denomination in the US, so they're the ones the fundies target.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Insert Username said:

I am completely aware of the Orthodox church.  In fact, I was baptized and confirmed in one.  But, it's a different religious tradition and really does not intersect with the faith of the fundies we snark on here.  The Orthodox faith is Eastern Europe and Greece, the fundies here come from Western European stock.  Their church history is completely based on Western European countries like England and France with a bit of Germany and Switzerland.  

• Useful 3
11 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

That reminds me...I finally broke down and watched the cowbell video. It was worse than you could ever imagine. 

Phillip's cheekbones could cut glass. That boy is emaciated.

I still think he is fasting for the Lord. 

Katie Bates' fiancé posted 6/17/21. Is that their wedding date? Josie, the MOH, is due to give birth any day now, and two other Bates women are due this month. Also, the 17th is a Thursday.

image.png.26718e61dd5c5adec2408e1ef55e89f4.png

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, sondraK said:

Jb's head will explode if the Bates surpass him in gkids.He said he wanted 200 gkids,but the Bates may reach that number first? Not sure Jana will ever marry,and Josie may have issues and with some of her floating organs,like M said she has,and she may not be able to have kids?

And M will flip out if Kendra reaches 20 babies.No one outdoes them.LOL

But But BUT don't forget that Clown Car already has 20 kids. Yes I am including the phoney adoption of Tyler. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Hockey Addict said:

Now Kelly Bates still has a show plus Gill is on the board of IBLP. Boob and Michelle are probably seething.

Both have been going on for years.  I think JB and Michelle reached some level of acceptance of that long ago.

1 hour ago, Heathen said:

Thanks for the info, but my question was more about Gabby. I have no idea who that is or her husband, or PAC. 

I do know about Lady A and the controversy about the name. I do not have a high opinion of them. 

Oh, sorry. Gabby Barrett and her husband, Punchable Aunt Cade Foehner (PAC) are friends of Jeremy & Jinger. There’s pictures posted of them on that thread every so often. Gabby placed third on American Idol and is a rising country star. Cade was also on Idol, didn’t do as well, career is not hot.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Normades said:

I doubt that would happen. They believe its Anna's fault that Josh stayed, so why would they want that for another of their sons?

4 minutes ago, beckie said:

I doubt that would happen. They believe its Anna's fault that Josh stayed, so why would they want that for another of their sons?

I was pretty much joking, but if Boob thought it would bring him more TLC money and fame, I could see him doing it.  He's never cared about the needs of his children of his love of money. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Katie Bates' fiancé posted 6/17/21. Is that their wedding date? Josie, the MOH, is due to give birth any day now, and two other Bates women are due this month. Also, the 17th is a Thursday.

image.png.26718e61dd5c5adec2408e1ef55e89f4.png

I think that's the date their engagement episode airs. 

• Useful 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, beckie said:

It boggles my mind that they would believe it was Anna’s fault that Josh is very probably a pedophile with sadistic tendencies.* Deep, deep down they have to realize that the only constants in all of the episodes of Josh’s sexual deviance or even inappropriateness (Ashley Madison) is Josh, and to a lesser extent, them. While I do put all the blame squarely on Josh’s shoulders for his “behavior,” I do think there is something in his upbringing by them that contributed to his actions. I have wondered if all of the punishments (physical and psychological) that he received around both normal teenage boy behavior and the more serious molestations indelibly linked risk and physical pain  to sexual pleasure, to the point that he had to escalate both the risk and pain to be fulfilled. 

(*My degrees in psychiatry and law are from Hudson University**, so make of that what you will) 

(**Hudson University is often mentioned on Law & Order, usually in the context of a crime being committed there, or a student being arrested for a crime. The school motto is “Not Dead or a Criminal”)

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Normades said:

I was pretty much joking, but if Boob thought it would bring him more TLC money and fame, I could see him doing it.  He's never cared about the needs of his children of his love of money. 

I figured you probably were.

(edited)
11 hours ago, Normades said:

My other thought is that they will freeze some of Josh's swimmers if he gets sent off to prison for many years.Then Anna will unthaw and self inseminate at home.No IVF needed. Of course this requires Josh to have swimmers that can survive freezing.Not all men do.

I know fundies don't approve of non sexual methods of having babies,but desperate times call for desperate measures? Anna came from a family of 8 kids,so I think she'll want at least 8 of her own.And she'll be one short if when Josh goes off to prison

Edited by sondraK
(edited)
1 hour ago, sondraK said:

My other thought is that they will freeze some of Josh's swimmers if he gets sent off to prison for many years.Then Anna will unthaw and self inseminate at home.No IVF needed. Of course this requires Josh to have swimmers that can survive freezing.Not all men do.

I know fundies don't approve of non sexual methods of having babies,but desperate times call for desperate measures? Anna came from a family of 8 kids,so I think she'll want at least 8 of her own.And she'll be one short if when Josh goes off to prison

If the trial is delayed enough, they could make one more baby after this one is born. And I think they would be just stupid enough to do it. 

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 3