Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

It seems they were asking for donations for the dedicated living room space in their covid spreadingtravels this summer/fall as love offerings from the churches they tortured with their music.

I think we talked about it here, but I can't remember the details.

another note - the one big print shop area full of junk is heated with the same type of industrial ceiling heater they have in the kitchen. it was in one of the christmas pics

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

So no pictures of Jill boasting about all the treasured gifts her wonderful children bought her? No pictures of all the food she made to prove she feeds her children? I know she went private recently, but those she would be made public for sure!

Edited by Madtown
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

It seems they were asking for donations for the dedicated living room space in their covid spreadingtravels this summer/fall as love offerings from the churches they tortured with their music.

I think we talked about it here, but I can't remember the details.

another note - the one big print shop area full of junk is heated with the same type of industrial ceiling heater they have in the kitchen. it was in one of the christmas pics

I can’t imagine how they pay the electric/gas bill that must be quite large.  They must have several churches that support them monetarily every month as domestic missionaries.  It’s absolutely mind-blowing that they have 13 children but neither of them have a real job.  I wonder if they purposely keep those children rail thin so that people will feel sorry for them and give them more donations?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Madtown said:

So no pictures of Jill boasting about all the treasured gifts her wonderful children bought her? No pictures of all the food she made to prove she feeds her children? I know she went private recently, but those she would make public for sure!

She reads on here and probably does not want us to snark on her. But I guarantee you Jill got the bulk of the presents. The kids might have gotten a few dollar tree toys each. 

And you know 90% of the food is for the parents. 

What a nightmare.

• Love 1

Part of a blog post by David Waller:

Call to Fairpark Baptist Church Pastoral Ministry

Since my little sister passed away, my desire to make our lives count for eternity has intensified. The most fruitful life is one that is completely surrendered to the Lord. When I initially received a phone call from one of the men of Fairpark Baptist Church, I declined showing any interest in pastoring. However, after much prayer and consideration, we saw the Lord’s hand leading us to make the move to Fort Worth and begin pastoral ministry. We have been blessed to get to know many of the congregants over the last number of years as many of them attended Family Conferences that I organized. The move has gone far better than I could have dreamed and we are enjoying getting settled in to a new routine and focus. 

Come visit us sometime when you are in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. We would love to have you as our guest. You can also visit virtually at Facebook.com/FairparkBaptist

258D95EC-ABAE-4A22-9365-885B53BDADAC.jpeg

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, rue721 said:

Who sent out the memo that everyone needs to be in Buffalo check this year?

I mean, I like the pattern, but this is crazy. Are they all connected to a single hivemind or something?

I have a vague recollection of Buffalo check being really big three or four years ago, at least for Christmas around here. Maybe they’re just behind the times?  I’d blame it on the lag of everything making it to thrift stores, but I doubt they’re shopping in many of those these days, except when they’re making a sponsored post. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Madtown said:

So no pictures of Jill boasting about all the treasured gifts her wonderful children bought her? No pictures of all the food she made to prove she feeds her children? I know she went private recently, but those she would be made public for sure!

I’m sure she’s working on a major post as we speak!  

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I am bored so here is something I made up. Jill feel free to borrow it.

Hello this is Timothy Rodrigues. MAMA let me out of the basement for Christmas!

MAMA can’t write this year because she is being SEVERELY persecuted for being her BEASTLY self on Instagram. Stop picking on my MAMA! Her raccoon eyes are leaking tears.

Please send us half a cow and 100 rolls of toilet paper for PAPA. He has gut issues but will not take miracle Plexus to cure himself. 

Nurie isn’t pregnant because of all the fasts she did for Jesus. Now she is infertile! But she drinks plexus daily and it will cure her! Plexus promised! 

Please send us gift cards to Walmart we need supplies for out fire trap house! There are 3 free uncluttered inches mama found! 

Thank you, Timothy Rodrigues.

• LOL 17
2 hours ago, jennblevins said:

I have a vague recollection of Buffalo check being really big three or four years ago,

Honey, I have a vague recollection of Buffalo check being really big three or four decades ago.

There really is nothing new under the sun...

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I think the Waller children go through their awkward stage young. They are becoming little cuties.

I'm still seeing a lot of Buffalo plaid in Christmas photos this year. The oatmeal color scheme hasn't made its way to my neck of the woods yet, at least not on SM.

Pecan David posted wicked (not meant to be) funny photo. The Typhoid Wallers went to three wedding this pandemic summer. One in his family, two in the Keller family. The picture he posted of Prissy's secular sister in her wedding dress is hilarious. Mr Keller is taking on the part of a black box and only the bride's head and arm is visible. And speaking of Buffalo plaid, I'm not sure what Anna is wearing in the pic - a breast feeding cover or maybe a dress.

Went back and found the pic...

image.png.b8f004bb354e528cf0b0eb428477a71b.png

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Big of you, Dave, to let them beg you into a job. Oy, the martyrdom. 🙄

I still think he decided to jump ship because the Gothard organization is crumbling fast and he saw the writing on the wall. Possibly he even got wind of some more scandals or shady financial dealings that are still under wraps, but will inevitably come out. Or perhaps he left because the current Board members were bearing down on him and Bill Gothard wasn't there to protect his little protégée.

I wonder how Priscilla will handle being a pastor's wife (a position that usually comes with a lot of responsibilities).

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 14
13 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I wonder how Priscilla will handle being a pastor's wife (a position that usually comes with a lot of responsibilities).

She’ll simper, giggle, and do as little as possible while the older church women quietly roll their eyes and do all the work.

• Love 13
13 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Honey, I have a vague recollection of Buffalo check being really big three or four decades ago.

There really is nothing new under the sun...

It is big out by me. I actually bought two shirts, one red/black and one green. They are super soft and comfy. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

She’ll simper, giggle, and do as little as possible while the older church women quietly roll their eyes and do all the work.

That sounds like my preacher's wife.  When he had his audition sermon, both of them were introduced to the congregation. The deacon said they had both graduated from XYZ Bible College.  The preacher interrupted and said no, his wife did NOT graduate. He went on that she went to college to get her MRS and she did.  Then she giggled like a teenager even though she was 50-something.  I rolled my eyes so hard I saw the outside door, then I voted NO, but he got voted in anyway.  Since he has worked for the church she has done pretty much nothing.  If there is a meal, she doesn't do anything. She is not involved in the women's Bible Study.  She doesn't even attend most Sundays.  I've never seen a preacher's wife like her.  Most are involved in the church.

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

At one church I attended they were introducing the new pastor and his wife. The new pastor told us that we were not getting 2 for 1. His wife was not going to work for free. She would help with Sunday School,  she would sing in the choir,  she would help with the cleaning up after service ( and she did those things) I always appreciated him standing up for her that her participation would be just like any other member of the congregation. More should not be expected of her just because they were married. 

I know nothing about small and/or independent churches. Is it the norm for wives to work for the church? And if so, what are their roles?

I'm guessing their must be a few pastors' wives who have jobs outside the home and/or church.

• Love 1

Aren't these evangelical pastors' wives helpmeets like all other females? I imagine Pris's role will be at least to raise the kids, produce more, and show up by David's side to every event. I can't imagine trying to have a conversation with her, but maybe it's easier than it appears.  

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I know nothing about small and/or independent churches. Is it the norm for wives to work for the church? And if so, what are their roles?

I'm guessing their must be a few pastors' wives who have jobs outside the home and/or church.

I worked with one years ago.  She wasn't at my place of employment very long, but she was a nice person and did her share of the grunt work that most of us did (there were slackers; aren't there at many jobs?)

Not that Mr. R is a pastor, but wouldn't it be hell on earth to work alongside JillR?  Shudders just thinking about it!

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I worked with one years ago.  She wasn't at my place of employment very long, but she was a nice person and did her share of the grunt work that most of us did (there were slackers; aren't there at many jobs?)

Not that Mr. R is a pastor, but wouldn't it be hell on earth to work alongside JillR?  Shudders just thinking about it!

Anybody who has been employed long enough knows what it's like to work with or near somebody who is highly neurotic, bipolar, or personality disordered. Jill is in the extreme category, and she doesn't work with people. She is the alpha and the omega of any interaction. 

And Shrek is just a member, as far as we know. He's not in charge of anything. Neither is Jill. The pastor of that little church better get things under control, or he will lose his church and his job. Let's see how he stands up to this invasion. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

What the heck is that poor little girl wearing?  They do make denim jumpers for one year olds.  You’d think with another baby on the way Whitney would not feel the  need to dress her like an infant anymore.

My guess is dresses are too inconvenient/cumbersome on a baby that might still be crawling a lot, but you can’t put her in evil pants, so...keep dressing her like a baby until she’s mostly walking. 

• Love 3

My church is Evangelical,  but not independent. I've never had specific expectations of my pastor's wife. My current pastor's wife is an agricultural teacher in a public school,  and at my last church (same denomination, different location) the pastor's wife was a high level administrator for a hospital system. 

Priscilla reminds me more of the wives of pastors I knew as a young kid. She seems pleasant and doesn't come across as lazy. I imagine her willingly helping with children's programs, making calls on the elderly (those we used to call shut-ins), and joining whatever they have for women's ministries. I was in a church when I was in graduate school where two pastors in a row left because of conflict between their wives and the congregation. In that church, they did NOT want a pastor's wife to think she had carte blanche to take over the music/youth program/etc. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Anybody who has been employed long enough knows what it's like to work with or near somebody who is highly neurotic, bipolar, or personality disordered. Jill is in the extreme category, and she doesn't work with people. She is the alpha and the omega of any interaction. 

And Shrek is just a member, as far as we know. He's not in charge of anything. Neither is Jill. The pastor of that little church better get things under control, or he will lose his church and his job. Let's see how he stands up to this invasion. 

I'm guessing Jill knew this church from previous visits,or knew of it from others,and she knew it would be an easy target for her to take over.

Totally guessing.Jmo

• Love 8
On 12/27/2020 at 12:08 AM, Portia said:

In fairness, she said, "We had a great Christmas; hope you did [had a good Christmas] as well [too]."  I doubt she correctly deployed a semicolon, though! I'm too lazy to go back and check her exact wording, so I'm just going to write it using good punctuation. 

Thank you. I think everyone should dress their table as they see fit. It's unfair to suggest that an absence of festive tableware means one doesn't care for one's offspring. It was my adult children who suggested a few years back that we incorporate disposable plates/baking pans and stop transferring food to separate serving dishes at holidays. Their reasoning? Our time together is precious. Some families may love cleaning up together for hours, and that's okay for them, but we prefer watching movies and playing games! 

OMG! I missed this post from Jill Rod. Jill, most people don't love doing the dishes more than their family; they just care about the environment more!  Fundies love using Adam and Eve to subjugate women, but miss that whole stewarts of the earth bit. 

She's so smug about it too! Typical Jill. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

OMG! I missed this post from Jill Rod. Jill, most people don't love doing the dishes more than their family; they just care about the environment more!  Fundies love using Adam and Eve to subjugate women, but miss that whole stewarts of the earth bit. 

Excuse me if I'm confused. Are you actually suggesting that I'm Jill? If so, that's  wildly off-base but kind of hilarious. 

I'm duly embarrassed at being called out for going the environmentally unfriendly route at holidays, but I do think the context is important. I was pushing back against posters who were calling JRod tacky for not serving food in special serving dishes, preferably holiday themed. I got a little pissy, and while trying to make the point that we all make our choices about prioritizing  convenience or aesthetics, I admitted to using single-use dishes at big holiday meals. For whatever it's worth, I'm aware this isn't a great look, and your post did give me food for thought. But let me reiterate, I'm not Jill! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

Jill Rod didn’t write that.

• Love 3

Could Nurthan be subtly trying to wait on a baby until at least their first anniversary?  Cause Nurie looks like she’s having a fabulous time with just the two of them.  I just wonder if they decided to try and hold off on the baby making. 

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

Could Nurthan be subtly trying to wait on a baby until at least their first anniversary?  Cause Nurie looks like she’s having a fabulous time with just the two of them.  I just wonder if they decided to try and hold off on the baby making. 

Wouldn’t that be wonderful? After all, Nurie already raised a family. Maybe she just wanted some time just to be newly-married her and Nathan is smart enough/besotted enough to give her what she wants. 

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Wouldn’t that be wonderful? After all, Nurie already raised a family. Maybe she just wanted some time just to be newly-married her and Nathan is smart enough/besotted enough to give her what she wants. 

I doubt it. More than likely, it hasn't happened yet because she was undernourished. 😞 

• Love 9

I was just reading about the Steve & Terri Maxwell family Christmas celebration.  They did mention how great it was that Christopher & Anna Marie & family were able to attend the celebration after her battle with (breast?) cancer **.  I'm not so sure I would have attended if I were her.  This is the most aggravating & upsetting part - SHE  WASN'T WEARING  A  MASK!! (at least in one of the pictures she wasn't but I doubt she wore any because of you know --God & Jesus.)  I did a rough count of how many adults attended their celebration  & the total was 15. That's not including the large number of children.  So she is roughly being exposed to the germs of the 15+ members of her husband's family (and whoever they were in contact with) by not wearing a mask.  I'm not even getting into other safety measures like social distancing. (**I don't remember exactly  but I think Anna Marie had a rare type of breast cancer and/or one that was hard to treat.) 

I am also a high risk person. I've only been out to doctor's appointments, my nephew's outside wedding in September and a small Christmas brunch at my mother-in-law's Christmas morning. Safety measures were practiced,  mainly mask wearing at all the functions.  My MIL's birthday is tomorrow &  our small family of approx 10 members (same group as Christmas) will be celebrating with a pizza & ice cream cake party at my BIL's house. I really would like to go but have decided to stay home.  Mainly for the reason of who every one has been in contact with.  My grown son who lives with us feels the same way. He has been working at home & has barely been in contact with anyone else and is my protector. He is very worried that I will catch it so I guess we'll be enjoying our take home pizza and cake at home. We have no problem with that -- it's not worth the chance of us catching it.

Sorry, I don't mean to be rambling on about how I've tried to protect myself from Covid. I just used it as a comparison with the Maxwell family (and the other goofy families) and how little they take Covid and observe safety procedures.  For example: We saw Jana & the other Duggar girls make masks for members of their family but I don't think we've ever seen them wear them. 

Or how upset they are to have to wear masks in a store.  

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I doubt it. More than likely, it hasn't happened yet because she was undernourished. 😞 

That’s what I think too. Maybe Nyri was so starved it caused her to be infertile. Wonder if she ever been to gynecologist. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I was just reading about the Steve & Terri Maxwell family Christmas celebration.  They did mention how great it was that Christopher & Anna Marie & family were able to attend the celebration after her battle with (breast?) cancer **.  I'm not so sure I would have attended if I were her.  This is the most aggravating & upsetting part - SHE  WASN'T WEARING  A  MASK!! (at least in one of the pictures she wasn't but I doubt she wore any because of you know --God & Jesus.)  I did a rough count of how many adults attended their celebration  & the total was 15. That's not including the large number of children.  So she is roughly being exposed to the germs of the 15+ members of her husband's family (and whoever they were in contact with) by not wearing a mask.  I'm not even getting into other safety measures like social distancing. (**I don't remember exactly  but I think Anna Marie had a rare type of breast cancer and/or one that was hard to treat.) 

I am also a high risk person. I've only been out to doctor's appointments, my nephew's outside wedding in September and a small Christmas brunch at my mother-in-law's Christmas morning. Safety measures were practiced,  mainly mask wearing at all the functions.  My MIL's birthday is tomorrow &  our small family of approx 10 members (same group as Christmas) will be celebrating with a pizza & ice cream cake party at my BIL's house. I really would like to go but have decided to stay home.  Mainly for the reason of who every one has been in contact with.  My grown son who lives with us feels the same way. He has been working at home & has barely been in contact with anyone else and is my protector. He is very worried that I will catch it so I guess we'll be enjoying our take home pizza and cake at home. We have no problem with that -- it's not worth the chance of us catching it.

Sorry, I don't mean to be rambling on about how I've tried to protect myself from Covid. I just used it as a comparison with the Maxwell family (and the other goofy families) and how little they take Covid and observe safety procedures.  For example: We saw Jana & the other Duggar girls make masks for members of their family but I don't think we've ever seen them wear them. 

Or how upset they are to have to wear masks in a store.  

You take care of yourself and be smart. I wish you the best. I just don't have words anymore for some of these people. 🤦‍♀️

1 minute ago, iwantcookies said:

That’s what I think too. Maybe Nyri was so starved it caused her to be infertile. Wonder if she ever been to gynecologist. 

I don't think she is infertile (though who knows?) but it might take her body some time to get healthy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
38 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

You take care of yourself and be smart. I wish you the best. I just don't have words anymore for some of these people. 🤦‍♀️

I don't think she is infertile (though who knows?) but it might take her body some time to get healthy. 

It is considered completely normal for a perfectly healthy couple to take a year to conceive.  Maybe she's malnourished, maybe she is just normal.  80% of healthy fertile couples will conceive within a year while the remaining 20% will take even longer.

• Useful 6
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, doodlebug said:

It is considered completely normal for a perfectly healthy couple to take a year to conceive.  Maybe she's malnourished, maybe she is just normal.  80% of healthy fertile couples will conceive within a year while the remaining 20% will take even longer.

true not everyone has a honeymoon baby. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

true not everyone has a honeymoon baby. 

Most of the Duggar’s did.

Too lazy to look how long it took Jill to have her first after her wedding. 

I bet Jill calls daily to ask if she is pregnant yet? Maybe Nuri is guzzling plexus and that’s hindering her. Who knows.

Jill didn’t even post where Nathan took them to dinner. slacker Jill ! Haha. Grifting slowdown?

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Anna Marie had an aggressive breast cancer that was discovered while she was pregnant with her last child.  They even induced her several weeks before her due date to start treatment ASAP.  In addition to surgery, she apparently received typical chemo and is now on a HER 2 receptor blocker which helps prevent growth of certain breast cancers.  The blocker isn't likely to affect her immune system; but she did have chemo within the last year, probably within the last few months.  There are at least 20 people sitting shoulder to shoulder in Stevehovah's living room opening Christmas presents.

In a blog post dated September 28, Anna Marie says she spoke to her oncologist about her immune system and he told her it would be AT LEAST 3-6 months AFTER she finished chemo before her immune system would be expected to be back to baseline and he recommended staying home and avoiding crowds for at least that long.  Anna Marie obviously decided against following his advice since the Christmas gathering is within the window he gave her.  The ignorance of these people is astounding.

Its been years, but as a child I actually went Christmas Caroling a number of times. We never left the sidewalk. If no one came out within a second or two, we moved on. I think its very rude and presumptuous to walk onto others' property for Christmas Caroling.

• Love 24