Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Just now, lianau said:

Like Jill wouldn't push for the earliest engagement and wedding date possible .  

I think Jill would prioritize getting as many people (read gifts) as she could for the newlyweds, which would mean strategically planning the wedding for a date when the most, and wealthier,  fundy families could come.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

It’s not engaged news it’s courtship. He might bail like mr. bubble gum.

I don't think so.  Jill waited weeks to announce this courtship, and I think the engagement announcement won't be far behind.   

• Love 2

On a less hateful note, I feel so sorry for Nuri. I can't even imagine how damaging her childhood was at the hands of her monstrous parents. 😞 

As is true of all the Rod kids, I really don't think she would be an unattractive girl if she were allowed to be a normal weight and didn't sport the 80s hooker makeup look she learned from mama. 

I just watched that announcement video. So cringeworthy. I noticed Nuri has a similar odd intonation/manner of speaking that we noted in Tim a few weeks ago. 

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'm ashamed to say this, but I can't wait for this wedding (if the courtship progresses to that). It would be like the clusterfuck to end all clusterfucks of fundie weddings. I would actually tune in to it. 

I'm hoping for a livestream. TFDW can make it happen!

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Maybe the wedding $ is the $ that was grifted for Timmy’s tuition? 

Food will be bbq tuna sandwiches and cupcakes all licked by Josie!

😂😂😂😂😂

I'm sure Jill R is beyond ecstatic about her prospects of chasing down other suitors for her kids at this wedding. 

Wonder if the Duggars will attend in full force or if it will just be Josh and Anna. 

• Love 2

I predict a spring wedding. Right around Easter. Jill is getting her Duggar adjacent status and is gonna want to milk it for all it’s worth. Go fund mes, trying to sell the rights to wedding pics...it’s going to take some doing. J-rod  is probably over the moon.  Finally she will be in the big leagues!  Can’t wait to see the Frankendress!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

So has anyone stated what Nameless Keller Kid does for a living aside from god bothering inmates?  

As an aside, Pa Keller is a professional prison god botherer. I don’t know that he has a full time job aside from that. Shrek has a printing press dedicated to all things tracts. I think that this The REAL courtship announcement 😂

• Love 9

Nathan and David both help TFDW in his house flipping business in TX, but I don't think they live there. Other than that, I have no clue how young Nathan plans to support a household.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

If Nurie’s happy, I’m happy for her.  Nurie was never going to be a self-supporting career girl, and her courtship prospects were always limited by the fact her parents are leeches. Nathan can provide a home of her own, with ample portions of food and a bed she only has to share with her husband, which must sound pretty great after a childhood of starvation and two kids to a bunk in the RV. I mean, a fundie arranged marriage and being a stay-at-home daughter both sound like jail to me, but at least this way she gets to choose her own cell. 

• Love 14
(edited)

I wonder if Nurie is healthy enough to get pregnant and sustain a healthy pregnancy.

In any event,I hope she doesn't have a honeymoon baby and they have time to get to know each other 

Edited by sondraK
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

If this courtship does lead to marriage, I can only imagine Nurie's dress and the bridesmaid dresses. If they are anything like some of the homemade dresses we've seen on the younger girls...Yikes!
Jill's dress would probably be some bright atrocious thing and she'll wear extra gobs of make up.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, Madtown said:

If this courtship does lead to marriage, I can only imagine Nurie's dress and the bridesmaid dresses. If they are anything like some of the homemade dresses we've seen on the younger girls...Yikes!
Jill's dress would probably be some bright atrocious thing and she'll wear extra gobs of make up.

Nurie can use my wedding dress, circa 1984, with all its puffed glory. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Are the Rodrigues and Duggar families actually close at all?

No.I think they stopped getting invites to events after they stole the seats at one of the Bates weddings.

Jill still stops by to do laundry there sometimes.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, sleepysuzy said:

Jill posted a rundown of the Keller family children on FB, and said Nathan runs a law care business with one if his brothers. She also said the courtship started a few weeks ago. 

Sounds like they may live in Fl.I'm sure Jill will make many grifting trips down

8 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Maybe another GoFundMe is in the works...

For the wedding,shower and new place.I'm sure Jill won't let us down

• LOL 2
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

If they have the wedding in November, will Anna be able to travel? I don't think they've released an actual due date.

Oh, rest assured that Jill will insist on a wedding date in which as many Duggars as possible can attend. I doubt many of them will and they'll have all sort of excuses, but Josh and Anna will have to (and trust Jill to happily post several pictures of them) and I'm sure JB and Michelle with a few of the younger kids and possible Jana will be there. They can't completely snub an in law's wedding no matter how much they might want to.

• Love 9

Jill's courtship announcement for Nurie is so infantilizing. I would have thought she was giggling about a 12 year old with a first "boyfriend" and not her 20 year old daughter that she's gunning for marriage for. 

• Love 11

Of course she had to point out who the Keller siblings are. Of course. 

What happens when Nurie is off the meat market for good and settled in Florida with Nathan? I don't follow JRod closely but I only know there's Nurie, Timothy, and Janessa. The rest are a "Who?" Is she going to shift her attention elsewhere?

• Love 8

I was curious and looked back.  The Rods were in Florida and the Kellers in March, Jill teased this courtship announcement on June 10th, and the official announcement was made on July 1st.  Assuming Nathan and Nurie have been in approved contact with each other since March, I figure the wedding is being planned as we speak.  It will probably happen sometime in September.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
(edited)

I could have sworn Tim's initial announced plan for Moody was to train as a plane mechanic, not a pilot. But now at the new place he's all in on pilot training. 

I wonder whether part of the story here is that, as he hung around Moody, he got a serious itch to be a pilot instead.....

Or -- possibly more likely, given the grifter ethic at work here -- he intended all along to go for pilot training, but it was easier to get into the mechanic program, so they initially lied and said that was what he wanted, figuring that once he was in, he could switch and get some special consideration? 

But the pilot training is both more expensive and more academically challenging (there you have to train to be a bush pilot -- i.e., somebody who takes off and lands without a, you know, runway -- among other things)..... 

So when Tim announced his "new" intentions, Moody declined to make special arrangements to help him tackle the harder, pricier course --  possibly since the glimpse they already had of his high school "education" made it clear he couldn't hack it? (plus the glimpse they had of his family's money-management practices showed them that Tim and the school would get no financial help from mom and dad...)

That scenario would definitely piss the Rods off -- because it would spoil their little scheme. But in telling about it, of course, they wouldn't mention their little scheme....Just spread poison about how the school had wronged them. And wronged the KJV bible, too. 

I swear Tim said he was going to Moody for the mechanic course. But they've made no mention that I've seen about him changing his mind and deciding to be a pilot instead. Seems to me they're stating that he intended to be a pilot all along. But I swear that was not what they said when he was enrolling at Moody. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Of course she had to point out who the Keller siblings are. Of course. 

Waller, Duggar, Keller, Shrader --- nutcake royalty. 

Jill must be beside herself. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 7
(edited)

Tim sure went from nothing to solo flying pretty fast. Not only would I not want to fly in a plane piloted by someone who has to pray before making every decision (brake? not brake?), someone with a fifth-grade education at best, but one look at that ancient bucket of bolts plane would send me running. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

First of all Jill you're not 12 so stop with the little hearts, etc. Second...they are courting, not engaged? Or they pretty much have to get married now? Why are you spending most of the time talking about the family more than Mr. Servant Heart,  heart for God, honorable, serving God full-time, prison ministry Nathan? And introducing all of his siblings? Wth Jill?! Pull yourself together. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
54 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Waller, Duggar, Keller, Shrader --- nutcake royalty. 

Jill must be beside herself. 

She's got her foot in the door now. Hide yo sons Duggars and Bateses. She's coming for them too!

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

The retreat and the courtship, like everything else, show Jill's priorities. She begins the retreat announcement by bragging about being chosen to run the retreat in the big hotel "FILLED to the brim with beautiful gift shops." With the courtship, the focus is on how important a family the Kellers are (status that presumably will rub off on her). 

Of course, Jill eventually gets around to mentioning her love of God,  but she isn't bright enough to hide that everything is really all about her status-seeking, materialistic little self. I almost feel sorry for the Keller parents, but that will take work. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
4 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

The retreat and the courtship, like everything else, show Jill's priorities. She begins the retreat announcement by bragging about being chosen to run the retreat in the big hotel "FILLED to the brim with beautiful gift shops."

And in AMISH COUNTRY. Maybe JillR will convert. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Tim sure went from nothing to solo flying pretty fast. Not only would I not want to fly in a plane piloted by someone who has to pray before making every decision (brake? not brake?), someone with a fifth-grade education at best, but one look at that ancient bucket of bolts plane would send me running. 

Pilot training on the cheap. That plane looks like something the Wright brothers built later in life. 

The way the Rodriguii lie, I wouldn't be surprised if Tim's "solo flight" was actually just handling the controls for a few minutes while his instructor hovered over him. 

Nuri's wedding will be a freak show. 

2 minutes ago, TresGatos said:

And in AMISH COUNTRY. Maybe JillR will convert. 

They don't want her! 

• Love 11

One thing I've noticed about the Kellers is that Suzette appears to adore her grandchildren.  I bet she'll feed Nathan and Nurie's Blessings and will "love on them" as MOTY of the year would say.  I shudder to think of the kind of grandmother JRod will be.  I do see a Mother/Daughter pregnancy pic in the future.  I hope Nurie tones down the make-up and 80's hair and packs on a few pounds after she escapes Jill's clutches!  

(I do realize it's a courtship announcement, not an engagement announcement.)

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

That would involve her leaving the grand hotel and its grift shops for a few hours. Not going to happen. 

Fixed it for you -- no way Jilly will spend her own money when she can spend someone else's instead. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Hey David Keller can marry Kaylee Rodrigues! Maybe that’s Jill’s plan. Double wedding. 

Nuri looks really old in the picture. too much makeup. You guys their arms are touching! That’s practically fore play. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Maybe Jill can pass the hat a few times among the retreat folks to fund her godly son's career piloting for Jesus and her dearest daughter's wedding to a famously pious family. A box of Plexus samples wouldn't hurt either. 

I wouldn't put it past Jill to wreck this new "career" on the first round. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Pilot training on the cheap. That plane looks like something the Wright brothers built later in life. 

The way the Rodriguii lie, I wouldn't be surprised if Tim's "solo flight" was actually just handling the controls for a few minutes while his instructor hovered over him. 

It's actually surprising how quickly the solo flights come up. My son was doing flight school in the Marines earlier this year, and his solo test came up after only 12 hours training in the air. Ultimately he didn't pass that last hurdle as they determined that he had a tendency to get just the tiniest bit rattled when unexpected circumstances (like a sudden gust of wind from an unexpected direction) came up. Now, the Marine flight training is of the highest quality there is, so if they can make it to solo flights that quickly, I'd think most other places could go a bit more quickly without necessarily having to cut too many corners. At least, I'd hope so.

By the way, my son is still in the Marines, and is now getting ready to head off for training in air traffic control, where he will be on the management side of things as an officer, so it all turned out pretty well.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I could have sworn Tim's initial announced plan for Moody was to train as a plane mechanic, not a pilot. But now at the new place he's all in on pilot training.

I'm pretty sure that Jill was saying missionary pilot from the beginning.  A lot of us wondered if he'd even flown in any airplane at all before deciding he wanted to pilot one. 

• Love 15
6 hours ago, Madtown said:

Just think back to JillR’s tacky vow renewal.  Tells you everything you need to know about the upcoming nuptials. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I'm pretty sure that Jill was saying missionary pilot from the beginning.  A lot of us wondered if he'd even flown in any airplane at all before deciding he wanted to pilot one. 

Yep, you're right.

This from Jill is what I was misremembering ... She'd said that at Moody you study mostly maintenance first, before you undertake the actual pilot training... 

Here’s part of a post by Jill:

"Moody Aviation in Spokane, Washington offers the BEST aviation program in the country and keeps the students focused on their calling—Missionary Aviation. This training will consist of a vigorous 5 year program. The first year is Bible training, the next 2 years – airplane maintenance and the last 2 years – obtaining his pilot’s license. Timothy will leave WELL equipped in this field once he is finished!"

I was remembering "at Moody you have to learn mechanics and maintenance first before you become a full-time flight student" as 
"Tim wants to enroll in the airplane mechanics course they have, not the pilots' course." 

I guess that was wishful thinking on my part, since the mechanics-and-maintenance course is a little easier and cheaper -- so I was probably subliminally hoping all this time that Timothy'd had the good sense to go for the more feasible option instead of the more expensive and difficult one!

No such luck, of course. Because you'd only do that if you lived in reality. And he's spent his whole life living with Jill. 

He's probably much happier with the new arrangement. He doesn't have to waste time learning how planes actually work. Now he just has to fly them. 😀

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, Patti Jean said:

I think it broke the Free Jinger website.

I'm on vacation and when we finally returned to our hotel room, I had to spend hours catching up on the FG Rod pages.  It did crash but was mostly back in order by the time I got to read it.