Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, McManda said:

Because the book starts with "Delighting in my Husband" I read all the rest of the subsequent chapters as "him" being the husband and things pertaining to a husband instead of god. 

And ew, "dripping"? First, my brain can't get past the husband connotation, but how does it actually relate to something Terri would write about?

Pretty sure I found the explanation:    "A continual dripping on a rainy day and a quarrelsome wife are alike" (Proverbs 27:15).

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

0BCE5AD1-D1FC-487F-81DA-B2913E5CD199.jpeg

DD1E744E-C6E1-4B7F-8B3E-01BA581DA4AA.jpeg

That face and teeth legit scared me.

1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

I haven't read it, but.... 

BJ's

Vacuum, and have your stunted adult kids clean the toilet and behind the fridge.

If you tits sag it's all your fault.

Tell him he's your king after the BJ.

...to treat you like a human being.

Make him a sandwich.

Do whatever he says.

He'll never notice a couple drops of chlorox in his soup.

When your vagina's like a cold can of Pepsi on a hot summer's day.

Nod frequently!

Give up all your agency.

Maybe, someday, he might think about saying thank you. But only if you do everything perfectly!

You only have to put up with this shit for another 20 years, 30 tops.

You win the internet today!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Pretty sure I found the explanation:    "A continual dripping on a rainy day and a quarrelsome wife are alike" (Proverbs 27:15).

That is for real in the Bible? Like WTF?!? If anyone told me I was like annoying rain for speaking my mind I'd show them what a real storm feels like.

• LOL 14
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

That is for real in the Bible? Like WTF?!? If anyone told me I was like annoying rain for speaking my mind I'd show them what a real storm feels like.

This is why these men like the bible so much. They wrote it to prove that everything is somebody else's fault!         This seems to be a pretty commonly quoted verse among their ilk. .... And, no surprise, the women, trained to collude in their own subservience, quote it quite a bit. 

Here's the opening of a Calvinist's take on the entire passage -- which also bashes the kids -- What happens when the father is the foolish and/or argumentative one (I'm looking at you, Steve Maxwell) isn't mentioned: 

https://www.ligonier.org/learn/devotionals/foolish-sons-and-prudent-wives/

“A foolish son is ruin to his father, and a wife’s quarreling is a continual dripping of rain. House and wealth are inherited from fathers, but a prudent wife is from the LORD.”

- Proverbs 19:13-14

A home should be a place of refuge for its residents, and when relationships are harmonious and things are going well, a home is exactly that. However, when a home is full of strife, its residents desire to flee from it far more than they hope to dwell in it. The book of Proverbs recognizes this reality, and many of its sayings capture both the joy and the sorrow that can be found in the home.

Today’s passage is one such saying. Employing a contrast between a foolish son and wife on the one hand and a wise family on the other, the saying encourages sons and wives to seek wisdom, parents to raise their children to be wise, and men to find prudent wives. First, we read that “a foolish son is ruin to his father” (Prov. 19:13a). A foolish son cannot be counted on to provide for his father in his father’s old age, for he is not a trustworthy steward (21:20). The son who is a fool is also unable to preserve his family’s good name. He brings disgrace and ruin on his heritage, as Eli learned firsthand (1 Sam. 2:12-36).

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Temperance said:

Teri even listed the chapter titles on the site. The chapters are 1)Delighting in My Husband, 2)Making a Sanctuary, 3)Nurturing Yourself for Him, 4)Loving Him, 5)Praying for Him, 6)Building Him Up, 7)Following, 8)Hindering, 9)Dripping, 10)Responding, 11)Laying Aside, 12)Investing, and, Plan of Salvation.

The sample is from the nurturing yourself for him chapter, which may seem like the chapter which is easiest to guess what its' about. Usually chapter one would be selected, because it should tone for the book. 

🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢

seriously that is some disgusting misogynistic Jesus speak bs. 

Edited by heckkitty
Needed more barf faces
  • Love 21
7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

This is why these men like the bible so much. They wrote it to prove that everything is somebody else's fault!         This seems to be a pretty commonly quoted verse among their ilk. .... And, no surprise, the women, trained to collude in their own subservience, quote it quite a bit. 

Here's the opening of a Calvinist's take on the entire passage -- which also bashes the kids -- What happens when the father is the foolish and/or argumentative one (I'm looking at you, Steve Maxwell) isn't mentioned: 

https://www.ligonier.org/learn/devotionals/foolish-sons-and-prudent-wives/

“A foolish son is ruin to his father, and a wife’s quarreling is a continual dripping of rain. House and wealth are inherited from fathers, but a prudent wife is from the LORD.”

- Proverbs 19:13-14

A home should be a place of refuge for its residents, and when relationships are harmonious and things are going well, a home is exactly that. However, when a home is full of strife, its residents desire to flee from it far more than they hope to dwell in it. The book of Proverbs recognizes this reality, and many of its sayings capture both the joy and the sorrow that can be found in the home.

Today’s passage is one such saying. Employing a contrast between a foolish son and wife on the one hand and a wise family on the other, the saying encourages sons and wives to seek wisdom, parents to raise their children to be wise, and men to find prudent wives. First, we read that “a foolish son is ruin to his father” (Prov. 19:13a). A foolish son cannot be counted on to provide for his father in his father’s old age, for he is not a trustworthy steward (21:20). The son who is a fool is also unable to preserve his family’s good name. He brings disgrace and ruin on his heritage, as Eli learned firsthand (1 Sam. 2:12-36).

I can't help but apply Smuggar to this tidbit. 

• Love 7
19 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Exactly. I knew it wouldn't say anything. But this really doesn't say anything....And i assume that you'd pick one of the more interesting snippets for your sneak preview....wouldn't you? Or at least you wouldn't pick one of the dullest ones? 

When I was reading it I wondered why you'd bother to write such a thing. I don't think Teri's exactly stupid. 

Then I realized that a buck is buck. So....duh. 

Now. except for their closest friends wanting to make a donation, I have no idea why anybody would buy it.....Although maybe they're desperate to find their marriages and husbands delightful.  I can see how that might be true.

According to the blog post Terri wrote about the book:

"It’s been several years since the Lord laid a burden on my heart to write a book. Last summer, Steve gave a gentle nudge, asking me to pray about the topic. The Lord confirmed that this was indeed the time! "

Then she says in the preface:

"Steve, my husband of 44 years, asked me to write My Delight: Loving My Husband. He said it was a message he felt the Lord had been working in my life over the course of our marriage that other wives would be blessed to know."

She then reassures people that neither she nor steve is a model spouse. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

"Steve, my husband of 44 years, thought it was about time for me to bring a little more income into the old corral, so he told asked me to write My Delight: Loving My Husband. He said it was a product message he figured that a lot of the dumb women in our cult would buy because their men regularly let them know what a crappy job they do of pleasing them and that a lot of the godly guys would buy as birthday presents for their wives because ditto. felt the Lord had been working in my life over the course of our marriage that other wives would be blessed to know. So I hope you all spring for copies because we have old maids to feed. And floor-length denim skirts don't grow on trees."

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

ROFL

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

"Write a book about MEEEE & how delighted you are to be my helpmeet!" 

BARF.

"Chapter one should be about how to deal with your husband's MONSTER DONG! Chapter two, about how you're a coke pepsi whore. Chapter three, my favorite recipes. Make sure it's 75% verbatim copies of bible verses. Wouldn't want to strain your female brain by having to write creatively!"

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 4/10/2019 at 3:54 AM, Temperance said:

Teri even listed the chapter titles on the site. The chapters are 1)Delighting in My Husband, 2)Making a Sanctuary, 3)Nurturing Yourself for Him, 4)Loving Him, 5)Praying for Him, 6)Building Him Up, 7)Following, 8)Hindering, 9)Dripping, 10)Responding, 11)Laying Aside, 12)Investing, and, Plan of Salvation.

The sample is from the nurturing yourself for him chapter, which may seem like the chapter which is easiest to guess what its' about. Usually chapter one would be selected, because it should tone for the book. 

Am I missing something  - where's the chapter about Terri & her Pepsi addiction? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 4/3/2019 at 3:41 PM, Temperance said:

Kaylee will be 18 in July, and Nurie is twenty. None of her other children are of age except Tim.

For some reason, I thought Kaylee had already graduated and it was Renee that Jill was trying to sell off in her graduation post.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

EXCUSE me!!!    Where on EARTH did JillyMuffin find grift the funds for THREE of them to fly out and VISIT Timothy?!?!?!   (Random capitalization for Jill)

Well first things first you insipid fool. If you watched the news or TV in general, you would already know about the weather in that area and would not be shocked your flight was canceled. Number two. Where in the hell did you get that kind of money?

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Annb67 said:

Well first things first you insipid fool. If you watched the news or TV in general, you would already know about the weather in that area and would not be shocked your flight was canceled. Number two. Where in the hell did you get that kind of money?

Grifter got $ from some sucker... 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

EXCUSE me!!!    Where on EARTH did JillyMuffin find grift the funds for THREE of them to fly out and VISIT Timothy?!?!?!   (Random capitalization for Jill)

When I first saw the picture I thought she was a Lot Lizzard😁

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

I guess you'd call Jazz a Frenemy, based on Der's and Jer's preachings about her, right? Anyway, she's been accepted by Harvard and by Pomona College. Apparently hasn't made up her mind which to attend. High-class problem to have.

I'm sure Der and Jer will both send their sincere congrats. "Enjoy going to a crummy college full of libruls before you and your parents burn forever in hell!   Love, DAAEC (Duggar Adjacents Always Emulating Christ)" 

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2019/04/jazz-jennings-i-am-jazz-accepted-into-harvard/

EML: because when the Adjacents talked to me in my mind the first time they forgot to mention the name of their new organization

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

She looks like she wanted to auditioned for Ru Paul's drag race and couldn't  make it  through the first door . I really want to know if she knows how ridiculous she looks . 

• Love 11

Ok, so I showed my 7 yr old Jill's pic, didn't tell her anything, just asked her to describe the lady in the picture and tell me what she thought.  She made an epic surprised/shocked face, said "Oh no!!  I think she's had face surgery. too much eyeliner. why is she making that face?  I'd be so embarrassed if my mom looked like that."   

And of course, it was a "severe" snow storm!!  Is there any other kind, in Jill's world?  

• Love 6

I first thought Jill had cut her hair above her shoulders and that’s why she was making the face. Then, after reading the caption, I wondered WHY she posts SO many selfies - she’s usually front and center of most pics she posts! SO self-absorbed!!!

• Love 6

When her flight was cancelled, did she just go back to the RV of Doom, grab her bucket of makeup, and do a clown face to photograph and post? I'm beginning to think she's more unhinged than I thought. Why post that strange, ugly picture? Poor, poor kids. They have to live with this weirdness every day. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

When her flight was cancelled, did she just go back to the RV of Doom, grab her bucket of makeup, and do a clown face to photograph and post? I'm beginning to think she's more unhinged than I thought. Why post that strange, ugly picture? Poor, poor kids. They have to live with this weirdness every day. 

I think it's supposed to be semi-phony pouting, isn't it? She's showing how disappointed she is in a sort of jokey, theatrical way? 

So....exhibitionism and overdramatizing, just as usual? 

Unfortunately the poor kids are probably so used to that from mom that they may not even realize how weird it is, I'd guess. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Jill looks like a drag queen in her “sad-frowny” pictures. 

Anyone watch Safyia on YouTube? (No, just me?) Anyway, occasionally she plays with makeup and one thing she is always aware off is (excuse the crude term?) "butthole lip". It's when your lipstick wears off around the inner part of lip and creates that ring.

... Jill has major butthole lip. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 8

Oh Jill - you're fooling absolutely no one.  

Of course she was upset about missing her vacation from most of the kids.  But, she went home, caught sight of herself in the mirror as she pouted, and instantly thought,  "I look good!"  Notice the extra layer of raccoon eye make-up, new coat of lipstick, and carefully tousled hair?  She realized that she sucked in her cheeks when she pouted and it made her look thinner.  And she's shooting herself from slightly above head level, so no double chin.

Jill, you vain, loathsome harpy - put the camera down and go feed your kids.

Edited by NotFundie
I doesn't matter how many times I check it before I post - there's always a typo. Sigh...
  • Love 21
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

5E687EC6-9964-40E0-A2F3-B9CF2E5FE7C8.jpeg

5ABE6531-97C3-44FB-A064-7139D0C255FC.jpeg

0AF27ED1-9BFE-4E4E-92F0-1B436622FFB2.jpeg

So I've had a crappy morning so my only response is "FUCK YOU JILL. FUCK YOU AND YOUR NON BIRTH CONTROL, HAVING KIDS OTHERS HAVE TO BUY SHIT FOR, SELF"

• Love 21

Just cutting back on the amount of eyeliner and lipstick she uses should double the amount of money they'd have available to spend on other things...like food.  There'd probably be enough food that someone other than David could eat.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

Jilly R is trying pretty hard to find an angle and/or filter that makes her look thinner. 

Finally, something I can relate to Jill about! LOL.

(PS Jill, Facetune is a thing...but you have to be very, very good at it if you don’t want to be called out.) 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

So evidently Alyssa Bates had a heart procedure this morning.  She has been suffering from an irregular heartbeat for a few months, and they had to do a cardiac ablation procedure.  There is a 50/50 chance she will have to have it done again.  

I hope the cardiologist told her NO MORE PREGNANCIES until this is resolved, and she and John listen to him.  

Hope she is ok.  She is so young and those 3 little girls need their mom.

• Love 11