Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I recall reading that Ethan Plath said Jill was trying to get him to notice Nurie. Makes sense since they were around the Plaths enough for Nurie to be on the eldest daughter’s wedding.

I don’t think Jill & David are aware of how low in the fundie totem pole they are. Jill did her best for a Duggar or Bates son in law. But the woman wore out her welcome when she showed up at Michael’s wedding and took front row seats, and leaked either Joy’s or Jinger’s wedding info. Those bridges burned she set her sights on poor Nathan, the closest she could get to the Duggars.

Jonathan’s family went private and scrubbed info on SM after the engagement announcement. They obviously knew Jill’s MO and were not full in with the circus.

While I wish them well I don’t see the Rod boys finding helpmeets. All the girls have to do is say yes, and pop babies they can’t afford. The boys must be able to support a large family. 

Jill and David have done a bang up job of crippling their sons. Getting your first job at 18, two months before starting college has left them unable to learn how to function in the real world. I don’t know much about fundies, but it seems the Rods are bottom feeders. Who is worse off than them that will want to marry into that mess?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 13
41 minutes ago, SMama said:

The boys must be able to support a large family. 

Why?   It's not like GWE is supporting his large family.    

If she is counting in fundie sons-in-laws to support her in her old age, she is totally screwed.   From what I can tell, none of the fundie families are really into job skills that can actually support a large family.   Even the Duggars.   If the tv show hadn't come along, they wouldn't have planes and be able to pay cash for houses.    All of them seem to rely on grift to some extent or like the Kellers are just poor and live with it.

Also, much as I hate to say it, I want a barno.   I've been researching them and oh the SPACE.    I like the concept.   Of course its just me and my husband.   It's not like we are cramming a small village into one.   It would also not be crammed with tchotkes.

Edited by merylinkid
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Jill thinks that she's royalty since Nurie married Anna Duggar's brother. 

And Not Nurie’s engagement to a seemingly nobody in the cult should be a wake up call.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

It'll be interesting to see how things are when more of Jill's kids are married. How many of them are still going to show up to visit her? How many are going to break off from her? How many sons-in-laws are going to blow all their money on her? Probably not as many as she thinks if any of them. Nathan for whatever reason is now but a few more kids down the road? Probably not. 

Unfortunately (yes, I can see the future..lol), I don't have many high expectations for these "cult kids".  Sad, but true.  I hope they prove me wrong.

• Sad 8
35 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I think Jill is so insane that she’s always thought she was royalty.  She truly is a legend in her own mind.  Look up the definition of “Legend in his own mind” in the urban dictionary.  That’s Jilly Bean.

• Sad 6
2 hours ago, SMama said:

While I wish them well I don’t see the Rod boys finding helpmeets. All the girls have to do is say yes, and pop babies they can’t afford. The boys must be able to support a large family. 

Maybe she’ll try to “recruit” some poor Amish girl who is trying to leave the community for her sons. She can bribe her with electricity, a cell phone, and new skirts and dresses. Naïve enough to  get suckered in and someone who most likely knows how to cook, clean and run a household so Jill doesn’t have to do it. 

• Sad 3
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

9CB325DB-A383-48DB-B602-98B4721EE3C2.jpeg

954C1836-BA20-4457-B4FC-B73E2423D59C.jpeg

Hot pink not Nurie’s posture is odd. Like her shoulders are pulled back. 
In the standing pic, it looked like the other not Nurie had a cold shoulder/open shoulder top in but zooming in showed me it was someone’s hand. Also I’m surprised that Jill is so hidden in the sitting pic. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, SMama said:

Jill and David have done a bang up job of crippling their sons. Getting your first job at 18, two months before starting college has left them unable to learn how to function in the real world. I don’t know much about fundies, but it seems the Rods are bottom feeders. Who is worse off than them that will want to marry into that mess?

But you are forgetting!!!!  They have provided many opportunities for their perfect sons to learn to preach and spread God's message!  They have been groomed for the ministry or mission work.  I remember an episode of Duggars where, when asked, almost every Duggar boy said their goal was to be a missionary.  It's amazing that there are so many wonderful preaching opportunities for all of these fundie men~

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Bet Jill ran to the P.O. Box first then home. Guess grift $ stopped coming. Or she is off to another vacation.

What kind of a job Philip has that lets him take a vacation shortly after starting work? Bet he got fired and no college !

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Looks like classes start next week for Phillip.  JKLOL we all know he isn't actually going, right?  Or is he starting in January? Or Never-ary.  I mean, that could be yet another RodFamVacay trip.  

ETA:  I misremembered the school he was going to.  But comment still stands.  No word from Jillpm as to her precious kid registering for classes or any other 1st Day of School stuff that she could insert herself into.  

Edited by ALittleShelfish
Wrong school.
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

Maybe she’ll try to “recruit” some poor Amish girl who is trying to leave the community for her sons. 

Interesting idea, but the Amish believe in working hard, not hardly working as the Rods are.  I also think any Amish girl would find Jill to be a very scarey woman.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

9CB325DB-A383-48DB-B602-98B4721EE3C2.jpeg

954C1836-BA20-4457-B4FC-B73E2423D59C.jpeg

Not a single one of the outfits that any of the girls are wearing look even vaguely comfortable.  As someone who can really only tolerate cotton against my skin, most of those dresses make me itch just looking at them.  

• Like 8
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, ozziemom said:

The Rodlet girls are barefoot so often their feet probably don’t bother them when they are biking. Between shoes that are too large or flip flops or barefoot, barefoot isn’t so bad! 

A larger picture on Reddit shows that they’re biking in the rain.  On the road, in the rain, barefoot, no helmets.  It doesn’t take a lot to wipe out off a bike on wet pavement.  But a couple of daughters in the hospital gives BME more grifting opportunities!  Big time road rash, a broken bone here and there, concussions - will those bring in better money than a stroke?  (And I hate that I even typed that, but should something have happened to those girls, I’m sure Jillpm would have been busy calculating on her chubby little fingers just how much money their injuries were worth.)

• Like 3
  • Sad 14
5 hours ago, Boston said:

Unfortunately (yes, I can see the future..lol), I don't have many high expectations for these "cult kids".  Sad, but true.  I hope they prove me wrong.

I don't either but after the Maxwells stopped following all of Steve's laws I'm a little more optimistic. The kids won't ever leave nor will the girls go to fundie college or get their own place. But I do think once more guys marrying into the family things will change since their in charge of their family not Jill. I don't know if Jill realizes or fears it. The Duggars kids changed more after more married into the family. Change from all skirts to pants. All those boys' were vetted by JB. Same with the Bates no one wore pants until Alyssa started wearing them then other kids started after they married. Whitney too. Or first son-in-law seems to be the push over lap dog Ben and Chad. The boys are harder. I really don't see Jill letting them go because she likes all their attention on her and their money. 

• Sad 3
11 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Hot pink not Nurie’s posture is odd. Like her shoulders are pulled back.

I thought her poses made her look like one of those cheap fake Barbie type dolls from the dollar store. Chest out, arms at rigid angle, giant smile, brightly colored dress and all.

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

We keep asking this, but why is Dad the only one who is going to help Ma once she goes home? Where are the daughters,  their husband's,  their kids? I don't think that man can handle this on his own, especially if it's round the clock care at first, considering he has his own health issues and is not a spring chicken anymore. 

Hope that Jill never finds out how much that poor lady, who's house poor Anne Heche hit,  received on a gofundme organized by her neighbors because it's a LOT more than Jill have managed to get from her followers. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 13
14 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Unfortunately for Jill, the link with the Duggar family she was so proud and thrilled over couldn’t have come at a worse time. Thanks to Josh, the TV glory days are over, the family’s image is shattered and being a Duggar-in-law doesn’t have the cachet it once did. I’m sure that there are still a few people who are impressed by Jill’s connection and I’m sure she plays it up for all it’s worth, but the bloom is definitely off that rose.

• Like 8

I figured Papa Noyes had quit his job weeks ago since he's been by Mama's side daily. Also, how long does it take for a biopsy report to come in? 

What state of being finished is the new house the Noyes built next to the Fosters? 

There will probably be some new donations to the gfm, but I don't see it getting much higher than it is now. Ma's recovery will be long and costly since she will still need therapy and doctors' visits and tests. I suppose Jill's great Plexus profits will go to help her mother. 

• Thanks 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

Jill has 12 kids at home. Certainly she can spare 2 to go live with the noyes grandparents to help. But nope she wouldn’t do that. Maybe the noyes will qualify for free in home care who knows. 

jill only sings and puts on makeup on ma actually help her, ma is out of luck.

jill will never share how much $ she got in the P o box scheme either.

• Like 12
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

97FB676C-A9F7-4D43-9B0D-EB787918DC84.jpeg

852629C6-0977-4837-91E5-84BFDD3C325F.jpeg

0A170562-6FB4-4B52-ABD9-440F682AE5E9.jpeg

There are how many adults running around? You could take turns taking care of her some of the time and he could work. Or if you actually worked and had money you could have someone come in even part time to help. 

Look for another GoFundMe! 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, beckie said:

Jill's mom probably burst into tears on seeing her, because she probably knows somehow, that Jill is exploiting her situation and making it all about her.

Either that or she thought "Oh no!!!  Why doesn't she leave me alone!!!"

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
53 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill has 12 kids at home. Certainly she can spare 2 to go live with the noyes grandparents to help.

Jill and her sisters need to step up and either care for their parents themselves (except Amy) or arrange for care. Expecting their granddaughters to provide around the clock care for weeks or months is not fair to the girls. Around the clock care is exhausting. I am the sole caregiver for my 90+ year old father. He doesn't require a high level of care but there are lots of things he can no longer do for himself that I have to do. And that is exhausting.

Edited by scriggle
Grammar
  • Like 3
  • Hugs 13
  • Love 7

Apologies for my slightly twisted sense of humour, but the title "Massive Brain Bleed to Beloved Grandmother of 34" 🙄 reads to me like Jill is trying to raise money to give a massive brain bleed to a beloved grandmother. 

• Thanks 3
  • LOL 18
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, scriggle said:

am the sole caregiver for my 90+ year old father. He doesn't require a high level of care but there are lots of things he can no longer do for himself that I have to do. And that is exhausting.

YEP.   (I hope you get some time for yourself ocassionaly).   Jill's Dad is going to be worn out in week caring for Ma.  There is no way he can keep it up long term.    Sending the girls who don't do anything ANYWAY and have no lives because their Mother won't let them might actually be a relief to the girls.   They can work out shifts.

They also probably qualify for some respite care so someone is not on duty 24/7.   They clearly didn't have health insurance through Dad's job or he wouldn't have quit.   

There's solutions.   But this whole family doesn't strike me as real forward thinking.  Just well we will do this today and tomorrow is another day.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

I’m thinking Jill’s mother will qualify for home health care. Would they accept that? I’m having my doubts. I don’t know about West Virginia at all, but here a family member or friend can get paid for doing it. It’s a process but possible. Her mother is going to need much more than personal care though, much of it can be done at home through different agencies. Will they accept that? 
It will have to be deemed a safe environment.
She may end up back in a facility due to what I’m picturing in home outside people will conjure up in this family’s minds. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I figured Papa Noyes had quit his job weeks ago since he's been by Mama's side daily. Also, how long does it take for a biopsy report to come in

Yeah, I call bullshit on this. Anymore, you can get lab results in a few hours. With my last two surgeries, I had the pathology reports the next day. Didn't he have his alleged biopsy back in July? Even in rural West Virginia it should have been done long before now.

Ma's "broken brain" and her dad's health issues were not enough to keep Jilly from heading out on VACATION. Did you know she was on vacation? She was. Also, I suppose her preparations for NotNurie #1's wedding (aka getting a new dress and perhaps some jewelry for herself because that's what the bride WANTED for BME) will prevent her from providing any assistance when Ma goes home.

• Like 12
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I’m thinking Jill’s mother will qualify for home health care. Would they accept that? I’m having my doubts. I don’t know about West Virginia at all, but here a family member or friend can get paid for doing it. It’s a process but possible. Her mother is going to need much more than personal care though, much of it can be done at home through different agencies. Will they accept that? 
It will have to be deemed a safe environment.
She may end up back in a facility due to what I’m picturing in home outside people will conjure up in this family’s minds. 

It depends on what kind of coverage they have. If they didn’t sign up for Medicare Part B when they were first eligible (and I doubt they did as it’s more $$$), home care might not be covered.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Cinnabon said:

It depends on what kind of coverage they have. If they didn’t sign up for Medicare Part B when they were first eligible (and I doubt they did as it’s more $$$), home care might not be covered.

I have no clue about West Virginia but know of many programs they may qualify under where I am. Many are based on income, which admittedly, I am only assuming they would qualify.

The people I see in home care can range from private pay, highest cost, to a waiver program, which is free.

For her mother’s sake, hopefully her father is receiving professional information, and not Jill’s input, which would be about Jill.

• Like 6
10 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I have no clue about West Virginia but know of many programs they may qualify under where I am. Many are based on income, which admittedly, I am only assuming they would qualify.

The people I see in home care can range from private pay, highest cost, to a waiver program, which is free.

For her mother’s sake, hopefully her father is receiving professional information, and not Jill’s input, which would be about Jill.

They may also be eligible for Medicaid depending on their income and resources. If they own their house, they may have to sell it before Medicaid would pay.

• Useful 1

JillR is always going to paint the bleakest picture. If Ma N gets her mobility back her home care will look a lot different and wouldn't necessarily need to be 18/24 hour care. 

A friend our ours recently (pre-pandemic) had a stroke. Immediately following the stroke, things looked bad. Now, other than his speech, he's doing well and is living on his own.

I hope for everyone's sake Ma N recovers well.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Isn’t October BME and GWE’s big 25th anniversary? Surely Ma would want JillR to have a special celebration after all that JillR has done for Ma? Right? No way JillR can spare any of her older kids to help out her parents.

• Sad 5
On 8/10/2022 at 9:01 AM, Trillium said:

I’d argue that CCC is more dangerous. The Rods have a very limited reach and while they are very problematic, they aren’t converting many, if any at all (I’d wager most of Jillpm’s conversations are very young children, if not straight up lies for Jesus)  CCC is dressed up as a fun modern missions organization, however at its core it’s deeply connected to Focus on the Family, Family Research Council (the one that an infamous pedophile fundy worked for) and still far more effective at recruiting younger people. They are still against LGBTQ+ equality, anti-choice, and all the other things that make those organizations and the Rods problematic.

Having spent most of life in fundy churches I just assume everyone who claims to be a xtian is also against LGBTQ+ equality, anti-choice, and all the other problematic things unless/until they tell me otherwise. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 2
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

They may also be eligible for Medicaid depending on their income and resources. If they own their house, they may have to sell it before Medicaid would pay.

Normally one home is allowed with Medicaid, but no separate pieces of property.  If all they have is Social Security income, she may well qualify.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
15 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Here's a gross thought: when Jill says that Tim is missing "fellowship" (she used the quotes) with Pat, is she referring to SEX???? 

I hate to say it but that thought crossed my mind also. But surely Tim wouldn't express that to Jill! I  can't imagine a man telling his daughter such a private thing. Especially in such a "modest family. (I would say "and surely Jill wouldn't post it" but she probably would. Especially if she thought it would bring in more sympathy dollars.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 8/12/2022 at 6:42 AM, skipnjump said:

Why are the bulk of the girls wearing what look like bridesmaid/flower girl dresses and generally look ragtag, but the boys all look pretty decent.  I guess pink was Jill's accent color choice.  Must be Christmas card picture time. 

The girls CANNOT show their shins, lest any man be tempted to sin. Very alluring, you know.

16 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

97FB676C-A9F7-4D43-9B0D-EB787918DC84.jpeg

852629C6-0977-4837-91E5-84BFDD3C325F.jpeg

0A170562-6FB4-4B52-ABD9-440F682AE5E9.jpeg

If I were her mom, I would tell Jill “Gee, thanks for telling everyone I threw up all over the place. Now please FUCK OFF.”

And the telltale marks of Joyful Noyes Crap Teaching are all over the place, already pointed out. I know my faith in the ability of you folks to see the absurdity of this family will never “waiver.” 🤡

10 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

There will probably be some new donations to the gfm, but I don't see it getting much higher than it is now. Ma's recovery will be long and costly since she will still need therapy and doctors' visits and tests. I suppose Jill's great Plexus profits will go to help her mother. 

Not a penny of Jill’s Plexus money will go to her mom. Needed for extensions, hair color, massive supplies of mascara and eyeliner, and to feed the starving Hunk, lest his belly lose any of its majestic expanse and he no longer fill out his leggings in such an eye pleasing fashion.

10 hours ago, beckie said:

Jill's mom probably burst into tears on seeing her, because she probably knows somehow, that Jill is exploiting her situation and making it all about her.

“Aw, fuck, that screeching bitch again??” Is why she burst into tears…

• LOL 10