Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

At the conference, Jill was today years old when she learned that the #1 trend influencing the next generation is...wait for it... PARENTING. 

She's such a shitty parent that this never occurred to her, apparently. 🙄

She believes with all her heart that she and David are remarkably wonderful parents. Truly does not see the emotional abuse she inflicts upon her children. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 12
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, LilJen said:

She believes with all her heart that she and David are remarkably wonderful parents. Truly does not see the emotional abuse she inflicts upon her children. 

She believes that since they are filling the Rodlets with the same hateful view of life that they have, that they are perfect parents. Nothing is of value but KJV Bible verses, feeling superior to heathens and being a slave to your parents. Oh, and modest clothes. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 12
  • Thanks 5
12 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

WTF with that B-day cake?  Did Shrek demolish the frosting on one side of it?

I think it’s the design on the cake. The side is just flat frosting. Wow this means she got a store bought cake! Is this all before the worst storm EVER? 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 1
22 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

That is all you got on her? She can quote scripture? Does she have any interesting hobbies or likes? Of course not. 

Wait! She's a SERVANT to all of those around her. Maybe Jill thinks that's a hobby..🙄

Congratulations on turning 18 Renee and still only having your parents to take you out and hanging with your siblings. Another year with absolutely no friends to hang out with.

• Sad 12

Is there just a zero on that cake? There should be a number 2 candle in the barndo with all the recent birthdays. I hope a hungry Janessa or Sophia didn't eat it when the electricity was out. 

It looks as if Renee got a birthday lunch in a restaurant with tablecloths and a full bar, even though her mother was just begging for money for gasoline for the generator. I hope she had a good meal. She will be courting this year, I imagine. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 7

random guy in the bday post - I hope it is not a courtship. Though just from the pic of guy with gabe and sam, you will know he is "like minded" with the Rods. Dirty hat, camo shirt and smirking all while giving a certain hand signal.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 12
  • Useful 1
5 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Is there just a zero on that cake? There should be a number 2 candle in the barndo with all the recent birthdays. I hope a hungry Janessa or Sophia didn't eat it when the electricity was out. 

It looks as if Renee got a birthday lunch in a restaurant with tablecloths and a full bar, even though her mother was just begging for money for gasoline for the generator. I hope she had a good meal. She will be courting this year, I imagine. 

I think the 2 is washed out. They were not able to take another picture? I could've done better and that's saying something. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Madtown said:

Wait! She's a SERVANT to all of those around her. Maybe Jill thinks that's a hobby..🙄

Congratulations on turning 18 Renee and still only having your parents to take you out and hanging with your siblings. Another year with absolutely no friends to hang out with.

20.  She’s 20 years old and has never been allowed to go anywhere without her mother, has never worn brand new clothes or shoes (I think everything those kids wear is secondhand), has no friends, has been raising her brothers and sisters and doing chores all day since she was probably 4 or 5 years old, has never read anything other than homeschool material and the Bible, and has most likely never spoken to a guy around her age, other than her brothers.  Just proofreading this makes me want to weep. 😢

• Sad 31
4 hours ago, ozziemom said:

She believes that since they are filling the Rodlets with the same hateful view of life that they have, that they are perfect parents. Nothing is of value but KJV Bible verses, feeling superior to heathens and being a slave to your parents. Oh, and modest clothes. 

And eyeliner. Lots of it.

3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill has spent more money in the last week than I have this month.

3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

random guy in the bday post - I hope it is not a courtship. Though just from the pic of guy with gabe and sam, you will know he is "like minded" with the Rods. Dirty hat, camo shirt and smirking all while giving a certain hand signal.

Does he have that weird phone belt case thing?

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

If rough-looking guy worships the "right" god and has money for restaurant meals and souvenir shopping, Jill will gladly hand over her daughter. Any daughter. 

How many Rods and associates got fed at the Texas Roadhouse, and who probably paid? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

Looks like she got a store bought cake and a decently fitting dress, though there may be a long black skirt underneath it. At least the cake wasn’t half-eaten when they presented it to her. Maybe whoever gave them the restaurant gift card also brought Renee the cake.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

Looks like she got a store bought cake and a decently fitting dress, though there may be a long black skirt underneath it. At least the cake wasn’t half-eaten when they presented it to her. Maybe whoever gave them the restaurant gift card also brought Renee the cake.

Well, we all know JillyRod and The Hunk didn’t open their wallet and pay for it.

• Like 10

Considering how "strenuous" their financial situation is these days according to Jill, the two Rodrigues deadbeats certainly seem to be out and about spending money faster than water gushing from a broken pipe. Could they really be making any significant money from donations on their website? 

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Considering how "strenuous" their financial situation is these days according to Jill, the two Rodrigues deadbeats certainly seem to be out and about spending money faster than water gushing from a broken pipe. Could they really be making any significant money from donations on their website? 

Apparently. Surely you don’t expect them to spend their own money, do you?

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
19 hours ago, crazy8s said:

from the Renee's bday/Texas Roadhouse video - wth!

Screenshot (269).png

Do 4-year-olds typically sit in high chairs?  Janessa now has the same unhealthy look that the other children have.  Sofia is wearing the dress that’s 5 sizes too big and is wearing some kind of flower arrangement in her hair that looks to be nearly as big as her head.  She must be in trouble.  She refused to even acknowledge Jill w/the phone, which is unlike her normal behavior.

• Sad 13
(edited)

Jill has posted a video on Facebook.  In the video, several people are singing hymns in the hotel hallway/foyer.  The video is a must-see.  Jill is an attention-seeking lunatic who has a singing voice that grates like nails on a chalkboard.  Check it out!

Edited by farmgal4
Added a letter
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Do 4-year-olds typically sit in high chairs?  Janessa now has the same unhealthy look that the other children have.  Sofia is wearing the dress that’s 5 sizes too big and is wearing some kind of flower arrangement in her hair that looks to be nearly as big as her head.  She must be in trouble.  She refused to even acknowledge Jill w/the phone, which is unlike her normal behavior.

No, most kids are too big for high chairs by the time they’re 4.  Poor little waifs 🙁

• Sad 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill has posted a video on Facebook.  In the video, several people are singing hymns in the hotel hallway/foyer.  The video is a must-see.  Jill is a attention-seeking lunatic who has a singing voice that grates like nails on a chalkboard.  Check it out!

I must be blocked because all I can see is their intro. Could you please post here if page is public?

Edited by SMama
  • Like 1
57 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Wow! Jill does love the camera. Her face changed as soon as her mug was in view. The screeching was painful to my ears. The lady beside her tried to say something to her, but JillR was focused on being on camera and couldn't be bothered. 

The lady that camera-hogging Jill ignored is Betsy, the person who gave her the REAL ruby earrings and two blouses. I guess Jill forgot she was there.  

• Sad 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 8

A lot of MLMs cater to "Christian" women because its a way to earn money while still being a stay at home parent.   Of course some of the things these "Christian" companies teach their salespeople on how to scam others is not very Christian.   So ya know.

• Like 9
  • Love 13
27 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

A lot of MLMs cater to "Christian" women because its a way to earn money while still being a stay at home parent.   Of course some of the things these "Christian" companies teach their salespeople on how to scam others is not very Christian.   So ya know.

Yep and there's also a lot of overlap with the homeschool community, again because of the stay-at-home aspect being desirable. I know so many people who are stay-at-home Christian homeschool moms who peddle this shit. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 5
20 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

002AD546-CC14-4096-9371-670E053EA42D.jpeg

C85DAB10-5DC4-4612-985D-554C17432B5C.jpeg

787CF517-E486-4FD7-A966-8DB7EFCE211C.jpeg

BFAC2C4D-2650-4738-B9E7-C8012FB957A9.jpeg

So in the first post, she thanks people for buying Phillip’s car and in the next posts, she brags about her and Hottie’s (🤮) three day vacation.  Yep, that’s our JillyBean! 🙄

• Like 5
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

002AD546-CC14-4096-9371-670E053EA42D.jpeg

C85DAB10-5DC4-4612-985D-554C17432B5C.jpeg

787CF517-E486-4FD7-A966-8DB7EFCE211C.jpeg

BFAC2C4D-2650-4738-B9E7-C8012FB957A9.jpeg

Thoughts when I saw the car posts:  

1–Holy shit, she did it. She grifted a car. 
2–I hope he’s a better driver than Tim.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8

Pretty sure this either the same hotel or in the same chain so the rates wouldn't be radically different:

https://www.druryhotels.com/bookandstay/chooserateandroom

Rates START at $160 a night per room.   Now there was probably a convention discount but having just dealt with this for an organization I belong to, it ain't a GREAT DISCOUNT.   Figure probably $125 a night maybe $135.   Definitely not less than $100.   So even saying $125 for 3 nights she somehow managed to come up with $375?

• Mind Blown 8
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Pretty sure this either the same hotel or in the same chain so the rates wouldn't be radically different:

Rates START at $160 a night per room.   Now there was probably a convention discount but having just dealt with this for an organization I belong to, it ain't a GREAT DISCOUNT.   Figure probably $125 a night maybe $135.   Definitely not less than $100.   So even saying $125 for 3 nights she somehow managed to come up with $375?

Plus gas and parking, and meals away from the group for 3 days.

• Like 8
27 minutes ago, merylinkid said:So even saying $125 for 3 nights she somehow managed to come up with $375?

Jill is very good at coming up with other people’s money.

• Like 4
  • Sad 6
  • Applause 8
  • LOL 1
41 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

For what it's worth, in my personal experience, "convention rates" are not necessarily the "best" rates.  The last time (years ago) I was at a teacher's convention, I was able to call the hotel and get a much better rate than the others were paying when they went with the convention package.  I always call the hotel directly, and ask for their best rate.  AAA or AARP is usually a good discount.  Sometimes conventions have a good deal, but not always.  It is always a good idea to check rates independently.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

I don't want to defend Jill in any way whatsoever but I love Drury Inns and they offer breakfast and light dinners included in the rate. Baked potatoes, chili, hot dogs every night and then a main course like BBQ night or a penne pasta with chicken plus salad. It's actually really good food and you get 3 alcoholic drinks included per person (wine, beer or cocktails (and depending on the server they can be pretty strong!)). Not that Jill would appreciate that. So she could have saved some $ if she got the Winner Dinner or whatever and then the hotel meals.

• Useful 13