Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Has it been noted here that Nurthan bought a house? Apparently, this happened in June. It's small - 2BR/1BA, under 1000 sf, but it certainly beats the camper. 

Good news: Jill still has to sleep in the RV.

Does this open up the Nurthan RV for the brother who is engaged to the Reber daughter? Is there a wedding date for them yet? 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Heathen said:

Any bets on a wedding date? I have a dollar on a Christmas wedding or an early spring wedding. I can't see them putting it off any longer, although I don't remember how long Nurie's courtship was so might be wrong. 

Six months from now would be March so I could see that. They will probably be engaged before Christmas (between Thanksgiving and Christmas maybe) and a wedding the first weekend in March.

• Useful 3

The name is spelled Jonathan from what I can find. The Hills don't seem to be too creative with names and spelling.

The father is a software engineer, and the family has a farm. The mother sells an MLM product that is not Plexus. 

The oldest brother, Christopher, is divorced and has two children. Another brother, Matthew, and his wife, breed bearded dragons. 

• Useful 15
  • Love 1

I'm glad another one of the Rod girls will be escaping.  At the same time I feel bad for Renee who will surely miss her sister.  Also, I worry about the younger children.  I'm pretty sure the older girls do a lot to make life a little less hellish for the little ones.  

I wonder if this guy realizes how expensive having Jill as a mother-in-law is going to be.

I bet Nathan is breathing a sigh of relief.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I'm glad another one of the Rod girls will be escaping.  At the same time I feel bad for Renee who will surely miss her sister.  Also, I worry about the younger children.  I'm pretty sure the older girls do a lot to make life a little less hellish for the little ones.  

I wonder if this guy realizes how expensive having Jill as a mother-in-law is going to be.

I bet Nathan is breathing a sigh of relief.

Sadly I agree. Watch the youngest kids be even more unkempt, dirty and hungry. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Insert Username said:

Now I understand all of Timothy's issues and why he is always "posting" about "best momma" and spending money on presents for her - he is terrified of her. 

Imagine - a whiny toddler! A child focused on his own needs! The horror! She is a monster, and I don't sue that term flippantly. She never should have been allowed to have a goldfish, let alone 13 children. I didn't think that my contempt for her and David could get any deeper, but apparently it can. I hope every one of those children finds the strength to cut them off completely. She deserves a miserable and lonely old age.

I feel for Timothy. I hope he manages, somehow to break free of Best Mama Ever and completely disappear somehow so that he can have some thing resembling a normal life.

As for (and Kaylee), I'm sure Jill is secretly glad to be getting rid of her. Unless she manages to somehow outdo Nurie and get pregnant (with triplets) the second after they get married (if Jill hasn't completely scared him off), Jill will probably not make as much effort to see Jonathan (and Kaylee) as she does with Nurie and Nathan.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe the Hills have a daughter with a flying missionary desire for Tim.

Ha, ha. The Hill daughters should wait and see what marrying into the Rodrigues family means. Of course, the people with this worldview probably don't find Jill as annoying as we do, but, on some level, self-centered Jill must be annoying to everybody. 

• Love 21
3 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Of course, the people with this worldview probably don't find Jill as annoying as we do, but, on some level, self-centered Jill must be annoying to everybody. 

I suspect they still find her pretty annoying. My guess is a lot of people tolerate her to some degree because they feel sorry for her kids. I remember some leech of a deadbeat preacher who sponged off the church she attended. And though she couldn't stand him--and could be pretty sharp with him--she still did nice things for his kids because, and I quote, "it wasn't their fault their dad was a jackass." 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Nathan must be excited! Someone else will spend money on ma and pa grifter!

If Jill remembers Kaylee once she's out the door .

1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

I am so looking forward all the cringe worthy photos to come: 

them in the bushes

them awkwardly holding hands

kissing while MAMA watches creepily

elbow sex 

I think it depends on how much Jill's need for attention can be satisfied with pics of a courting NotNurie. Will her need for attention for herself  be higher than her disdain for (and Kaylee).

• Love 6
1 hour ago, lianau said:

If Jill remembers Kaylee once she's out the door .

If not that might actually be best for Kaylee. It'll probably hurt. But living life without her horrible mother's constant input and making Jonathan blow his money on her. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I am so looking forward all the cringe worthy photos to come: 

them in the bushes

them awkwardly holding hands

kissing while MAMA watches creepily

elbow sex 

I wonder how much of this Jonath?n can tolerate. Remember, they're only courting - not engaged. I hope, for Kaylee's sake, he doesn't run for the hills when he realizes what he's gotten himself into. 

Which, by the way, makes me wonder about Nathan. Does he put up with Jill because he truly loves his wife and is being a gentleman about the whole thing? Or does he too have a few screws loose?

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Farm desire & farm experience ?

I don’t even want to know !

The quotation marks is what gets me.  I am a proud member of Romancelandia and one of the most popular books these last few weeks over there is Morning Glory Milking Farm

https://www.amazon.com/Morning-Glory-Milking-Farm-Monster/dp/1736546619/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1764SATT20M6R&dchild=1&keywords=morning+glory+milking+farm&qid=1631652136&s=books&sr=1-2

I have not read this one yet, but farm "desire" and farm "experience" have a different connotation on this one.

• LOL 7
8 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The quotation marks is what gets me.  I am a proud member of Romancelandia and one of the most popular books these last few weeks over there is Morning Glory Milking Farm

https://www.amazon.com/Morning-Glory-Milking-Farm-Monster/dp/1736546619/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1764SATT20M6R&dchild=1&keywords=morning+glory+milking+farm&qid=1631652136&s=books&sr=1-2

I have not read this one yet, but farm "desire" and farm "experience" have a different connotation on this one.

Oh that looks good!  Thank you, I added it to my reading list!

1 hour ago, skatelady said:

Which, by the way, makes me wonder about Nathan. Does he put up with Jill because he truly loves his wife and is being a gentleman about the whole thing? Or does he too have a few screws loose?

Based on some of the clips we’ve seen of Nathan he seems a little off. His mother supposedly scheduled 15 minutes per week for each of her kids. So maybe he enjoys JillR’s attention.

Edited by ozziemom
Finish my thoughts
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, beckie said:

As for (and Kaylee), I'm sure Jill is secretly glad to be getting rid of her. Unless she manages to somehow outdo Nurie and get pregnant (with triplets) the second after they get married (if Jill hasn't completely scared him off), Jill will probably not make as much effort to see Jonathan (and Kaylee) as she does with Nurie and Nathan.

If Kaylee and Jonathan indulge Jill, Jill will engage with them. A grifter is transactional and will take the best opportunities available. Jill cares only about what's best for Jill. 

I've always thought Jill was jealous of Kaylee, who is really beautiful. Kaylee missed the genes for Jill's long nose and pointy chin. These are the features Jill photoshops regularly on her own photos. Ha, ha. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

If Kaylee and Jonathan indulge Jill, Jill will engage with them. A grifter is transactional and will take the best opportunities available. Jill cares only about what's best for Jill. 

I've always thought Jill was jealous of Kaylee, who is really beautiful. Kaylee missed the genes for Jill's long nose and pointy chin. These are the features Jill photoshops regularly on her own photos. Ha, ha. 

Whereas Nurie, quite frankly, tends toward the homely end of the spectrum. I have said before that I think Jill uglifies her own daughters so that she looks better in comparison.  Nurie doesn't outshine Mama, but Kaylee might. 

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Whereas Nurie, quite frankly, tends toward the homely end of the spectrum. I have said before that I think Jill uglifies her own daughters so that she looks better in comparison.  Nurie doesn't outshine Mama, but Kaylee might. 

The younger girls don't stand a chance. They will always be younger, fresher, thinner, and smoother than aging Mama. Jill won't take it well, not well at all. 

• Love 8

The younger girls don't stand a chance. They will always be younger, fresher, thinner, and smoother than aging Mama. Jill won't take it well, not well at all. 

Poor Tessie, or whoever the younger, lovely sister is, doesn't stand a chance. Jill will probably make her wear a burqa. 

• Love 6

I'm glad Kaylee found a farmer.  She has stated that that was the type of guy she wanted.  Maybe the work around the farm will prevent her from having to "perform" with her crazy family.  But is Jonathan a full-time farmer, or does he have some other income?  I hope he has enough money to feed her well (at least more than the occasional chicken leg).  I think they make a nice looking couple.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Based on some of the clips we’ve seen of Nathan he seems a little off. His mother supposedly scheduled 15 minutes per week for each of her kids. So maybe he enjoys JillR’s attention.

More time than Mechelle ever gave her kids, most she ever said to them was go find your buddy 🤮 and she got a mother of the year award 🙄.

24 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

If Kaylee moves to wherever Joe Hill farms, how far would she be from Nurthan?  Within visiting distance (2-4 hrs) or far apart? 

Not sure where Nathan and Nuri live, but if they’re near Nathan’s parents, it would be close to 8 hrs.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 3
23 hours ago, Absolom said:

With some work, it could be a cute starter house.  It even has an indoor laundry and a good sized yard.

15 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

Wait, they are engaged, not just courting? 

Then yes, they stand next to each others like strangers and not like future married couple. But then, they really are strangers, I assume

Even so, I suspect marrying a stranger is a better deal for kaylee than living with Jill. She’s bound to get much more food, affection, and freedom. 

14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

904B0A2A-8D1F-4C10-BD7B-2636DA41F9FF.jpeg

F48FC22E-48CA-42E5-90CF-09C43C589C13.jpeg

D6103EA0-27E5-4C6B-B592-B5C0F5CA0649.jpeg

3BAAF42C-39F0-4A52-8688-49044117E428.jpeg

Why so many “quotes”?  

some risqué back touching going on there!

funny connotations came to mind with the cannon pics!  The poor girl is literally wearing a floor length skirt. 

• Love 9
On 9/14/2021 at 6:51 PM, awaken said:

Why so many “quotes”?  

Because Jill is barely functionally literate?

Edited by SMama
Typo I know better to make. 😟
  • LOL 5
  • Love 11