Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

They probably had to ask to find out what it is. I can't imagine they've been served quiche at any of their mission church's pot lucks.

Maybe Nurie had quiche in Florida and told them they just had to try it. 

• Love 6

maybe the Dingii have chickens and gave the grifters some eggs or a some quiche.

and the two orders of fries probably went home to be thrown on the table for Janessa and a few other starving girls for dinner

Edited by crazy8s
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

They probably had to ask to find out what it is. I can't imagine they've been served quiche at any of their mission church's pot lucks.

At our church, we used to have several ladies who would bring cheese or spinach quiche to our church pot lucks. So it is possible that they have been served it before. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Quiche is cheap to make and you can throw all kinds of leftovers into it, so it’s a good thrifty meal. That said, if they knew that, then they probably wouldn’t have ordered it at $18 a slice 😂 They probably thought it sounded fancy...and maybe less fattening, since Jill & Co. are all about staying “trim.”

• Love 5
13 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I'm confused - if she's not pregnant, why are she and Nathan standing in the classic Fundie "gotta hold up mah belly even though I am only 3 days pregnant" pose?  And if she is pregnant, there is no way that JillR isn't blaring that information all over her social media - unless she's waiting to see what happens with her next pee stick so she can screech the "double pregnancy" announcement she so desperately wants.

It seems odd to to tease Nurie being pregnant by this picture but not knowing for sure, since baby-making is always the headline.  But it's also certainly possible that her little belly pooch is the result of eating proper portions for the first time in her life and Jill made them stand that way to fuel speculation.

If Nurie is, in fact, pregnant, I suppose Jill is probably just dragging out the announcement to the last possible moment in hopes that she will be able to join in with an announcement of her own.

• Love 15
43 minutes ago, rue721 said:

Quiche is cheap to make and you can throw all kinds of leftovers into it, so it’s a good thrifty meal. That said, if they knew that, then they probably wouldn’t have ordered it at $18 a slice 😂 They probably thought it sounded fancy...and maybe less fattening, since Jill & Co. are all about staying “trim.”

Tarragon charges $5 for 2 eggs.  That just pisses me off.  What a ripoff, I don’t care how good the food is, and the atmosphere of the restaurant was nothing extraordinary IMO.  Was that the only decent restaurant in the area?  

• Love 2

Someone, maybe Meredith Viera, said Barbara Walters told all the ladies on The View to smile showing their upper teeth, with their lower jaw slightly slack. It seems the Rod girls missed half of the memo.

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2 videos, and 2 pictures:

I have no idea how Jill trained her daughters to simper on demand.  It is really nauseating.  Someday these young women will wake up and hopefully be horrified at how they simpered for Sweet Mamma.

At the thrift store, why did Jill have to show us the ceiling?  And I know why she lingered on the Mennonite women since Jill loves the Amish and Mennonite people so much.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, louannems said:

I have no idea how Jill trained her daughters to simper on demand.  It is really nauseating.  Someday these young women will wake up and hopefully be horrified at how they simpered for Sweet Mamma.

At the thrift store, why did Jill have to show us the ceiling?  And I know why she lingered on the Mennonite women since Jill loves the Amish and Mennonite people so much.

Was she Mennonite or Amish? Amish do not like being filmed. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Jill is neither.  She also has no respect for the privacy of strangers, be they Amish or Mennonite or Wiccan.  It would never occur to her to ask permission before including strangers in her photos and videos, especially if she plans to post them publicly.  This is a woman who went to the funeral for a group of siblings who died tragically, people she didn't even know, and took photos and filmed, not to mention sitting in the front row at the service and taking selfies with the caskets in the background.  A couple of Amish people worried about graven images is not even on her radar.

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

True, but they are likely to turn away (if they see the camera).  Of course, there's always the horseshoe nail in a car tire passive-aggressive approach. 

The Mennonites and the Amish in the area are probably pretty tightly knit communities, so I bet the intrusive, trashy Jill R. with her ever-present camera and gaggle of unhealthy-looking kids is a topic of discussion.  Where in the world would Jill and her crew out in public not be a topic? 

• Love 11
44 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Jill is neither.  She also has no respect for the privacy of strangers, be they Amish or Mennonite or Wiccan.  It would never occur to her to ask permission before including strangers in her photos and videos, especially if she plans to post them publicly.  This is a woman who went to the funeral for a group of siblings who died tragically, people she didn't even know, and took photos and filmed, not to mention sitting in the front row at the service and taking selfies with the caskets in the background.  A couple of Amish people worried about graven images is not even on her radar.

Out of every terrible thing that Jill has ever done, her going to that funeral (and taking 2 daughters with her) truly takes the cake.  If that doesn’t scream LUNATIC, I don’t know what would.  What puzzles me is why no one told her to GTFO.  The mother of the dead children is also a POS, so she probably enjoyed the attention.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, louannems said:

She was pointing out the speaker from which her Christian music was playing 🙄

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

What is a “primitive” store?

I had to look this up. Apparently, these are stores that sell country and colonial decor, hopefully classier stuff than Jill fills her house with. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

In the first video of thrift store shopping, the little giggle and smile were so fake from whatever Rod daughter that was, she reminded me of...uh... women in adult videos. Gotta make pleasing sounds on command for the camera- it's your job. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Nurie has her hand on Nathan's stomach in multiple pictures... maybe he's the one who's pregnant?

She is probably confounded that not every man is as morbidly obese as her father. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

7 pictures:

Unfortunately, Nurie doesn’t look like she’s gained an ounce.  She probably hears Jill’s voice ringing in her head every time she picks up a fork.  I have no doubt that Jill has cautioned her to stay thin for “her man” and not to “let herself go”.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, sondraK said:

David looks sloppy as usual.I'm surprised he doesn't trip over his pant legs

I think he's just given up. 

Nurie looks like she bought her top in the Granny Wear section. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Maybe Nurie's pregnant but Jill isn't, and Nathan is trying to make his MIL not sad by spending lot of money on her. I see that working, at least until they go back to Florida. Then poor, un-pregnant Jill will start wailing to her SEVERELY QUADRIPLEGIC sister, Amy, about how miserable she is now that Nurie has departed. Jill will be SEVERELY missing Nathan's departed wallet too. 

Good thing Jill provided photos to clarify what an Amish show is. Personally, I'd call it a play. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Good thing Jill provided photos to clarify what an Amish show is. Personally, I'd call it a play. 

I'd call it incredibly boring, and no wonder Nathan looks either bored or irritated in all the photos. 

Maybe Nathan's acne will improve during his pregnancy. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, not you again said:

I wonder if Southwest flies near to wherever in Ohio the Rodriguii live.  Southwest has a pretty big presence in Florida, and they were having a killer deal a couple of weeks ago for companion level - one flight, and companion level (free) was reached until the end of February next year.  And, they're advertising very cheap ($49!) fares.  If Nurthan noticed, they could be spending lots of time at Mama's in the coming months.

I've been whimpering as I open Southwest's emails, because even though the deals are fantastic there is no way in hell I'm getting on a plane in a pandemic JUST FOR FUN.  

They can fly into Cleveland which is no more than an hour from where the Rods live. I'm pretty sure that is what they did because we saw photos of them traipsing through the parking garage to the lot where people can wait and it looked like Hopkins (of course, all airports kinda look the same).  And, yes, Southwest has a big presence here, too.  I have several friends who've gone to Florida during the pandemic for less than 60 bucks roundtrip.  Still, Nathan and Nurie surely could put their money to better use.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9

I wonder how many times Jill asked badgered Nurie and Nathan about having a baby? I would love for Nathan to tell Jill off and say they aren't having any kids for awhile. I know it would never happen, this is why these girls are born, born to breed and nothing else.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, Madtown said:

I wonder how many times Jill asked badgered Nurie and Nathan about having a baby? I would love for Nathan to tell Jill off and say they aren't having any kids for awhile. I know it would never happen, this is why these girls are born, born to breed and nothing else.

Unless she is pregnant herself, I think Jill would just as soon Nurthan not get pregnant.  Because, once Nurie is pregnant and Jill isn't, she will take some of the spotlight off of the best mama in the whole wide world.  I could see Jill waiting until Nurie was showing before announcing the happy news because it might draw attention from her.  

• Love 13