Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

My friends MIL would serve meat and potatoes for every meal, even holidays.  That was it.  My friend learned to brings any and all vegetables and side dishes that fill out the meal.  On the plus side, her MIL would serve great homemade pies for dessert!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

My friends MIL would serve meat and potatoes for every meal, even holidays.  That was it.  My friend learned to brings any and all vegetables and side dishes that fill out the meal.  On the plus side, her MIL would serve great homemade pies for dessert!

the redeeming thing from family parties for all the grandchildren was boxes upon boxes of Little Debbie cakes. the teen grandsons were known to eat a box each at family parties   😂

i would ship some little debbie cakes to the Rod kids if i thought there was even a chance they would get to eat them.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 3

I bet David always asks for extra cheese (napkins, plastic utensils, etc.) with every Little Caesar's order. He's probably an experienced grifter like his wife. If it isn't free, Jill and David aren't interested. 

Jill didn't prepare that meal. She's too busy reading about herself on social media to cook or clean. Her daughters did all the work, but while they provided the labor, they didn't appear to get to eat much of what ended up on the table. On the other hand, I bet those potatoes were nearly inedible.  

The room behind Sofia looks more like a broom closet than the pantry Jill bragged about. Pantries are places to store food, and with a family that size, there shouldn't be space for anything else. Even Michelle Duggar managed to show off a stocked pantry. It was filled with cans of salty soup and boxes of sugary cereal, but at least it contained something that resembled food. Jill photographs brooms and mops. 

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Will someone head over to Wooster and shove a rag in her gaping maw?

Why in heaven's name would she think a selfie was the appropriate accompaniment to this post?  She looks terrible in this photo.  Aside from wearing enough eye makeup for 4 people, the angle makes her nose look huge and her teeth look horsey.  Not encouraging in the least.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, doodlebug said:

That was one of the blandest, driest pork roasts I've ever seen.  I made pork roast for dinner last night, but I also make a glaze with BBQ sauce and vinegar to put over it and I roasted some broccoli in the pan with it.  Not to mention the sweet corn I cooked as a side dish.  Jill's roast, aside from being maybe half to two thirds the size it should've been looked as dry and tough as old shoe leather.

Jill lives in farmland.  There are amazing fruits and veggies, fresh picked and reasonably priced, available all over the place.  Many farmers will have a stand at the end of the driveway where anyone passing by can honk the horn and buy delicious veggies picked that very day.  Also, the Amish, being of German stock, love their cheeses and virtually all of the grocery stores around these parts sell fresh-made Amish cheeses.  Jill could've gotten some real, fresh,  cheddar, parmesan, milk and butter and made amazingly delicious potatoes au gratin for pennies.

I cannot picture anyone over the age of 16 or so thinking that Little Caesar's cheese sauce, made from melted plastic cheese, is meant to be used in cooking.  Hell, I wouldn't eat it with Little Caesar's food, let alone desecrate real food with it.

I despise pork (except bacon, which clearly is its own category), nevertheless, I would be over begging you for leftovers if I didn't live thousands of miles away. That sounds delicious!

• Love 8

Jill's dinner reminds me of a banquet we went to for my son's awards day at school.We paid $10 each in advance,and got a small slice of lasagna and a side salad.We stopped at Burger king on the way home.lol

Edited by sondraK
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, sondraK said:

Jill never serves salad at all.Do the kids even know what one is?

this is part of my story/history. I grew up very poor and never had a salad until I went on a date at 17yrs old with future mrcrazy8s. I had no idea how to pick a salad dressing since i had never had a salad.

but the rod kids have been to golden corral and the good olive garden - they know what a salad is

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 18
34 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

this is part of my story/history. I grew up very poor and never had a salad until I went on a date at 17yrs old with future mrcrazy8s. I had no idea how to pick a salad dressing since i had never had a salad.

but the rod kids have been to golden corral and the good olive garden - they know what a salad is

Sry,that's so sad!

At least they can get one there.I'm not sure they would,as it doesn't seem familiar to them

The Rods could go vegan and feed everyone very well.I didn't like octomom at first,but she seems to be doing a good job here

Edited by sondraK
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, sondraK said:

Sry,that's so sad!

At least they can get one there.I'm not sure they would,as it doesn't seem familiar to them

The Rods could go vegan and feed everyone very well.I didn't like octomom at first,but she seems to be doing a good job here

The kids look healthy and well fed, at any rate.  

• Love 5

Jill may have served a salad to the Dinguses in one fabulous dinner party. There were bits of tomato and possibly lettuce visible on some plates. Of course the Dinguii may have brought the ingredients. They usually do. At any rate, that aluminum bowl is way too big for anything that goes in it. It's a trick Jill plays on unsuspecting guests. 

I bet Nurie is now familiar with salads and all kinds of other good food. I hope so. I'm sure she misses her brothers and sisters, but I bet Nurie wouldn't return to that prison compound for anything. 

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I bet Nurie is now familiar with salads and all kinds of other good food.

Were the Kellers that lavish with the food?  Nathan is quite slim as was Anna when she first met Pest.

Edited by BigBingerBro
  • Useful 1
4 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Were the Kellers that lavish with the food?  Nathan is quite slim as was Anna when she first met Pest.

But Nathan has an independent income and, judging from the photos, thinks his new wife is worth feeding. I hope it continues. It's hard to know if Nurie thinks it's OK to eat, however.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, sondraK said:

Jill's dinner reminds me of a banquet we went to for my son's awards day at school.We paid $10 each in advance,and got a small slice of lasagna and a side salad.We stopped at Burger king on the way home.lol

I went to one of those dinners too for my son. We got canned spaghetti, burnt garlic bread and salad. I ate the salad. My son to this day finds it funny and jokes that the spaghetti was homemade straight from the can! 

• LOL 6
52 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I predict glam grandma showers coming if Nuri gets pregnant. No way Nuri will get a spotlight shined on her!

Esp. not if Jill can manage to get pregnant again

1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

I went to one of those dinners too for my son. We got canned spaghetti, burnt garlic bread and salad. I ate the salad. My son to this day finds it funny and jokes that the spaghetti was homemade straight from the can! 

Oh my.LOL

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

I predict glam grandma showers coming if Nuri gets pregnant. No way Nuri will get a spotlight shined on her!

I dunno. I think Jill will fight even being a Glamma. Her worth is tied up in her ability to breed early and often. She will fight menopause with every fiber of her being. Here's hoping that her eggs are old and stale and that Shrek's swimmers are duds.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

If Jill gets pregnant and then has a miscarriage, the bigger the spotlight will be on her. Jill loves misfortune drama. Poor Nurie hardly has a chance here. She should enjoy her new life and put off pregnancy until Jill has another project to focus on. 

• Love 11

I really can’t figure out the floor plan of this house with all of the changes they made. I assume they are in the print shop, but why are parts of it are decorated like a living room? I wish someone with better spatial awareness would draw it up.

Also, when even my tin ear can hear that your singing is off, it has to be really, really bad.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Kbo said:

Remember in the 80’s when they blasted Noriega’s compound with rock music to try to make him surrender?  If they’d had the Rod’s singing he wouldn’t have lasted a day 😩

Bahahahaha I was thinking about Noriega too as soon as it was called a weapon of mass destruction. 

BTW there's totally a Spotify playlist of all the songs they used on Noriega if you want to partake. 😄  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

Oh fuck, i listened to that screeching with my Internet Radio on and it still deafened everything. That was horrendous. The poor dog fecked off when it laid eyes on Jill and who could blame it?

Bored looking people trying to get away from her too.

Is that yellow gloop cheese sauce? We don't have anything like it. It looks disgusting and I did notice that even though Jill cooks like she's just feeding her fat slob of a husband, food still seems to get left behind  - might it be that normal people don't care to eat her slop?

• Love 3
9 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

That’s not singing. It should be used as a weapon of mass destruction. That noise would drive people crazy.

I like the lady in the corner who appears to be comforting her son and no doubt whispering in his ear, "It'll be over soon, dear. Just hold on for a few more minutes."

3 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I like the lady in the corner who appears to be comforting her son and no doubt whispering in his ear, "It'll be over soon, dear. Just hold on for a few more minutes."

Haha...I was just going to say the same thing, but you beat me to it. He definitely seems a bit traumatized by the whole thing.

I do have to say that the older woman with the "Joy" shirt on who was comforting Snuggles has a really lovely smile. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I do have to say that the older woman with the "Joy" shirt on who was comforting Snuggles has a really lovely smile. 

YES! She seemed like a genuinely nice lady (even encouraging the dog to jump up with her) unlike Jilldo whose mean spirit shines through everything she says and does.

41 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Why are they singing so high? Its been a few years since I heard that song, and is one of my favorites, but I don't remember it being sung at such a high pitch. 

The higher the pitch, the closer to God? If it works for hair, why not for music...

Jill, with her descants (though at least we were spared those here) must totally subscribe to that philosophy.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Insert Username said:

I really can’t figure out the floor plan of this house with all of the changes they made. I assume they are in the print shop, but why are parts of it are decorated like a living room? I wish someone with better spatial awareness would draw it up.

Also, when even my tin ear can hear that your singing is off, it has to be really, really bad.

One of my Covid isolation projects is to piece together this house plan, but I haven't been very successful so far.

Looking at the building from the front, David kept the original kitchen and eating area to the left. The Rods remodeled that part but it kept its original function. That's where the gray brick wallpaper is. The tchotchke-filled entry to the house leads into the kitchen/dining near the pantry. There's a door at the end of the dining (I use that word for illustration only) area that goes into the larger building on the right that  had a huge garage door and black/white tile flooring. That door was removed and replaced with a wall. A lot of the construction was in a space with the tile flooring. It became the girls' crowded dorm room, the crooked Paris closet, and a bath. The boys also got a space and they may have gotten the original bathroom. Jill and David got a small bedroom that I think was originally a separate room, but Jill got a bathroom in the corner of a black and white tiled area, the bathroom with the jetted tub and the nursing/radio broadcast chair. Something jutted into the corner of the area, so the bathroom got an odd, twisted shape. The tiny nursery and miscarriage memorial room is probably near Jill's bedroom. 

I haven't figured out how the space for the bedrooms fits together. There was part of the building with carpeting that appears to have been removed and that became part of the bedroom area. The tile may have been under the carpet, but I can't remember. 

I think the print shop is to the back of the building, which may be another section.  I suspect the print shop and the laundry/praise singing area are near each other but not in one open space.

No building permits show up on file. David added two additional baths to the existing septic system. He didn't bother to insulate, and the original metal walls are as is in some areas. Most of the wiring is visible. 

The large ceiling blower was left in the kitchen, which will heat the cooking/eating space. There is some heating in the bedroom areas but Ohio winters are cold, so we may expect to see the thin Rod children dressed in many modest layers inside trying to keep warm.  

I don't think this building was ever a barn. It looks like a manufacturing or warehouse structure.  

I will probably dedicate my winter to this project unless somebody reveals a floor plan or it becomes possible to go out and do more interesting things. 

Edited by BradandJanet
no sewer, a septic system designed for a kitchen and one bathroom
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8

@BradandJanet, I appreciate the time you've taken to figure out the barndominium situation. I looked at the listing and photos a few times back in January or thereabouts when Jill disclosed the purchase. I agree, the printing equipment is housed in the shop/warehouse space at the back of the building. I wonder if they partitioned any of that space off and incorporated it into their living quarters, but I think the ceilings may be higher and it would be more work to do that. I'm sure they divided up that big room with the checkerboard floor into living space. 

The lack of permits doesn't surprise me. A few months ago I went to the county website to see which department(s) would have to issue permits for the Rods' remodeling work. I think there were two, one for the building work and one specifically for the plumbing lines. I'm not surprised that the barndominium improvements have been done without permits. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I have been trying to sort the floor plan as well - from the listing pics and before and after pic there were 2 bedrooms in the listing. the boys minus timbits have one and the girls' maze of beds and dressers went in the other. which must have been adjacent to the checkerboard tile floor room so a cut out was made for the closet and bath. or maybe the walk in closet shown in the listing pics became the girl's bathroom

i think the living room area is mainly in the workshop open space with the laundry and print shop.

that's where the TV, piano sofas and all have been shown

• Love 3

I believe the boys' bedroom is the back left, the girls' bedroom front left, the kitchen/ dining room where the 1st garage door and window is and the master bedroom/broken up checkered floor rooms behind the kitchen/dining room.

The piano area is in the back of the workshop.

ISnmvp146imoac0000000000.webp

• Love 3
14 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

If Jill gets pregnant and then has a miscarriage, the bigger the spotlight will be on her. Jill loves misfortune drama. Poor Nurie hardly has a chance here. She should enjoy her new life and put off pregnancy until Jill has another project to focus on. 

I honestly wonder if Nurie even menstruates. She is SO thin. 

• Love 6