Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Thanks to both of you! I don't even know why I can still be astounded by how awful they can be. But I am. 

Me,too!

I felt terrible when the Pulse Club shooting happened.The first thing I did was find a donation site.Ppl are ppl no matter what your beliefs are.Steve is truly an evil person,and it's too bad he hasn't been banned from the US!

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, Madtown said:

Which Keller boy pretty much begged Anna to leave Josh during the cheating scandal?

Daniel. He's the oldest son. He lives with his second wife. He's ex fundie and not pictured here. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

Daniel Keller posted that he tried to persuade Anna to bring the kids and live with him but their parents and the Duggars were pressuring her to stay.

• Useful 2
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Daniel Keller posted that he tried to persuade Anna to bring the kids and live with him but their parents and the Duggars were pressuring her to stay.

How different her life could have been.  And the children's.  It's so sad.

Edited by wilsie
  • Love 2
(edited)
9 minutes ago, wilsie said:

How different her life could have been.  And the children's.  It's so sad.

Anna is as deep into the Gothard kool-aid as anyone can be. Her brother broke away from the faith they were raised in and is now living what she would regard as an ungodly life. According to her warped value system, she probably feels that her children would be in greater danger under his roof than under Josh’s.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Albanyguy said:

Anna is as deep into the Gothard kool-aid as anyone can be. Her brother broke away from the faith they were raised in and is now living what she would regard as an ungodly life. According to her warped value system, she probably feels that her children would be in greater danger under his roof that under Josh’s.

Sad, but true.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, EVS said:

Has anyone seen this?  It involves Steve and ZsuZsu (sp?) Anderson’s sons. Apologies if it has been posted and I missed it. 

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/nolongerquivering/2020/07/is-there-a-looming-sex-scandal-at-faithful-word-baptist-church/

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/nolongerquivering/2020/07/isaac-andersons-chats/

Not a lot of things would bring me greater joy than these two sanctimonious assholes going down in flames.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Both sets of parents are going to be so busy trying to upstage each other (good luck with that, Kellers. JillR is a PRO) that Nurie and Anna Duggar’s Brother are just going to fade into the woodwork at their own wedding.

Please let's NOT have one of those pictures of the bride and groom and both sets of parents kissing on the altar.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Broken Ox said:

Please let's NOT have one of those pictures of the bride and groom and both sets of parents kissing on the altar.

I bet Jill and David will.Not sure about Nathan's parents

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, Broken Ox said:

so-it-is-written-so-shall-it-be-done.jpg

I mean, I hope not because eww. But between Jill being an asshole and this being the Keller anniversary apparently, I can totally see this happening. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Yes, Steve Anderson has been barred from visiting multiple countries due to the hateful beliefs he espouses.  He has suggested killing gay people as a means to eradicate AIDS and applauded the massacre at the Pulse Nightclub in Orlando.

Steve Maxwell is indeed uptight.  He keeps all of his kids, even the adults, on a very strict leash.  He has multiple blog posts talking about how sports and games and other entertainment is wrong because it cuts into the time people should be spending reading the Bible and praying.  He also is extremely strict about gender rules and his daughters, some pushing 30, still live at home and would need his approval to get married.  His wife, Terri, who had terrible problems with postpartum depression, ended up having a bunch more kids after God told Steve to get his vasectomy reversed.  Steve claimed that Terri's depression was due to her addiction to Pepsi which he then forbade her to drink and she has been fine ever since.  He once railed against the orthodontist treating their daughter because she asked the kid her opinion about something that was being done with her teeth.  Everyone knows that children aren't allowed to have opinions and since Terri was there, the orthodontist should've asked her what their daughter preferred and Terri would decide on her behalf.

I think their oldest daughter is actually pushing 40!  And still bunking with her much younger sisters.

• Love 1

I believe Sarah Maxwell is 38, and still shares a room with her younger sisters (who sleep in bunk beds). I think Anna is 28 and Mary is 24 or 25. I'm going off memory, so I'm likely off by a year or 2. They schedule everything in their lives down to the tiniest details and often in 15 minute increments. I think it was originally a way to help Teri cope with her depression (giving her one task at a time to focus on and a to do list to get through the day), but then it turned into a super strict way of life for all of them. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

I believe Sarah Maxwell is 38, and still shares a room with her younger sisters (who sleep in bunk beds). I think Anna is 28 and Mary is 24 or 25. I'm going off memory, so I'm likely off by a year or 2. They schedule everything in their lives down to the tiniest details and often in 15 minute increments. I think it was originally a way to help Teri cope with her depression (giving her one task at a time to focus on and a to do list to get through the day), but then it turned into a super strict way of life for all of them. 

You got Sarah. Anna will be 28 on Halloween, but is currently 27. Mary turns 24 in August and is still 23. So you were only off by a few months. 😄

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Temperance said:

You got Sarah. Anna will be 28 on Halloween, but is currently 27. Mary turns 24 in August and is still 23. So you were only off by a few months. 😄

I don't know whether I should celebrate my memory or wonder what I've done wrong with my life, that these facts are stored in my brain 😆

• LOL 23
17 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Not a lot of things would bring me greater joy than these two sanctimonious assholes going down in flames.

S. Anderson has offered to resign as pastor.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

S. Anderson has offered to resign as pastor.  

His sons should be investigated and/or given counseling to help protect the vulnerable girls their parents give them unfettered access to.

• Love 12

🤢 Wearing his rent-a cop badge.  You just know he is carrying.  

He's not going to be pretty forever.  He's not going to be the next big thing in Nashville.  When this realization hits it's not going to be pretty.

• Love 19
58 minutes ago, Temperance said:

the father Steve or son Solomon?

The pastor, Steven.  This rabbit hole is HUGE.  Apparently there have been several scandals at this church, but this is the biggest, by far.  Evidently shit hit the fan at the Wednesday night service this week.  Pastor Anderson addressed the allegations from the pulpit, stated that his sons had been severely punished (which probably means that he beat the hell out of them with a belt and banished them to the prayer closet for the rest of their natural lives) and that he didn’t want it to ever be mentioned again.  I’m not sure what happened after he made his spiel, but at some point he offered to resign as pastor.  I would love to be a fly on the wall in that church service tomorrow.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, farmgal4 said:

The pastor, Steven.  This rabbit hole is HUGE.  Apparently there have been several scandals at this church, but this is the biggest, by far.  Evidently shit hit the fan at the Wednesday night service this week.  Pastor Anderson addressed the allegations from the pulpit, stated that his sons had been severely punished (which probably means that he beat the hell out of them with a belt and banished them to the prayer closet for the rest of their natural lives) and that he didn’t want it to ever be mentioned again.  I’m not sure what happened after he made his spiel, but at some point he offered to resign as pastor.  I would love to be a fly on the wall in that church service tomorrow.

I don't believe for a minute that Steve meant it when he offered to resign nor that he actually would.  As far as 'severely' punishing his sons, I doubt it.  I have a feeling he comes from the Jim Bob Duggar school of 'Boys will be boys and, when they do something heinous, it is the fault of the girl(s) who tempted them'.  I am sure JB would say that forcing Josh to tell the congregation at church and then shipping him off to do construction work with a family friend was a harsh punishment for Josh.  I beg to differ.

• Love 11
40 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I don't believe for a minute that Steve meant it when he offered to resign nor that he actually would.  As far as 'severely' punishing his sons, I doubt it.  I have a feeling he comes from the Jim Bob Duggar school of 'Boys will be boys and, when they do something heinous, it is the fault of the girl(s) who tempted them'.

Since he banned several of the girls' families from church, he's definitely proven he's in the blame the victim crowd. 

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Since he banned several of the girls' families from church, he's definitely proven he's in the blame the victim crowd. 

Actually that's the best thing that could happen to the girls and their families. The Andersons are toxic and they are better off out of that church although they could find another church that's similar.

PP could easily blame the girls and still beat his own sons. They're very much into beatings in that family and he has temper. The only reason not to beat them is one of them is an adult and one is almost an adult (17) and they might hit him back if they dare. 

The Andersons made a big show of kicking one of the pastors out who had a one night stand. That pastor was a married father of many. They have been contemptous of other people's short comings. I'm sure they are furious with their own sons for making them look bad. 

thank you @farmgal4. I am sorry this happened to these young girls. I hope their families find clarity and move to a less extreme crowd.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Someone give that boy a drink because he is thiiiiirsty. 

If he wants to be all American,he should be holding a beer.But that'll never happen.lol

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, kaleidoscope said:

Short answer. No. There's no reason for them to film. I don't think the Plaths got a second season, and Hosanna wasn't even filmed in the first. She was barely mentioned. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Someone give that boy a drink because he is thiiiiirsty. 

In my sixty two years on this planet, I have met only three people I instantly and to my core detested.

He is now the fourth. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

I do find it interesting that Jill has gone so silent on SM. She hasn’t even done a “America is the bestest!  We love God’s chosen, Trump!!” Post. Is she still doing her radio (podcast?)?

Jill's radio show was up today.

• Useful 3
14 minutes ago, wilsie said:

Extreme fundies so frequently mention home of the free because of the brave but it's probably been several generations since anyone related to them served in a way that they supposedly admire for their bravery.  I don't care if people don't want to serve but the pretense is vomit worthy.

I want to say that Papa Bill was in the military. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, MargeGunderson said:

Well, the horses’ asses are an appropriate visual.

This deserves so much more than one little reaction.  I want to love it a million times.  Thank  you!!!

40 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I want to say that Papa Bill was in the military. 

I'm sure you're right.  He's the right age for Vietnam.

• Love 3
(edited)
19 minutes ago, wilsie said:

This deserves so much more than one little reaction.  I want to love it a million times.  Thank  you!!!

I'm sure you're right.  He's the right age for Vietnam.

I mixed up Papa Bill and Gil Bates. (I read Bill as Gil.)   Gil was born in 1965. We left Vietnam by the time he was a teenager. There's no mention of service on his wikipedia page so I doubt he was in the military.

Steve Maxwell is pushing 70 and did serve in the military. He was probably drafted during Vietnam. 

Edited by Temperance
6 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I mixed up Papa Bill and Gil Bates. (I read Bill as Gil.)   Gil was born in 1965. We left Vietnam by the time he was a teenager. There's no mention of service on his wikipedia page so I doubt he was in the military.

I was talking about Papa Bill who is Gil's father.  If Gil was born in 1965 Bill was probably born at least as late as 1945 which would make him age appropriate for Vietnam.  I don't think Gil ever served anywhere.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1