Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

Nathan looks so much better now that his ache has cleared up.

Nah, Jill has facetuned that photo to make both Nathan and Nurie look better. Reddit had the unedited photo (which is apparently still in Jill's insta in a different post) and they both have skin texture. (As they should. They're humans.) But Nathan's skin hasn't really cleared up, I don't think.

• Love 11

I remember from the way back days when Luci Johnson got married to Patrick Nugent (this was the 60s) and the joke was about a TV reporter, Gabe Pressman, and the joke was "This is Gabe Pressman from the foot of the bed" and I can see JillR doing the same thing, posting "this is Nurie and Nathan's Love nest where babies will be made", etc.

• LOL 5
26 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I remember from the way back days when Luci Johnson got married to Patrick Nugent (this was the 60s) and the joke was about a TV reporter, Gabe Pressman, and the joke was "This is Gabe Pressman from the foot of the bed" and I can see JillR doing the same thing, posting "this is Nurie and Nathan's Love nest where babies will be made", etc.

Maybe she'll show us the bloody sheets to emphasize how pure Nurie was.  

• LOL 11
12 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

I wonder of she's like TI, having the gyno check the daughters' hymens and report back to her andDavid  every year?

I doubt they go to any doctor for the kids in general, specially a gynecologist for their virgin daughters.

But seriously, what happens if the girl doesn't bleed or have any serious pain on her first time? Does the guy doubts her "purity"?

Edited by Future Cat Lady
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

But seriously, what happens if the girl doesn't bleed or have any serious pain on her first time? Does the guy doubts her "purity"?

Probably. Both the males and the females work on limited information. Maybe the word gets around to tell the brides to cry out to make it all seem right. 

Marginally related, but the wonderful Netflix series "Unorthodox," about a young, ultra-conservative, Hasidic woman, shows how these clueless wedding nights can go really wrong.  

Edited by BradandJanet
Can't get the punctuation right
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

But the joys of youth he will be ready again in another minute 

But Nurie may not be. She likely wouldn't even get a chance first time around. Then again, at their age and level of frustration, I suppose hand and *gasp* elbow sex is pretty arousing.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

But Nurie may not be. She likely wouldn't even get a chance first time around. Then again, at their age and level of frustration, I suppose hand and *gasp* elbow sex is pretty arousing.

I wonder what JillR is telling her. Just lie there and think Of England?  

11 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I wonder what JillR is telling her. Just lie there and think Of England?  

Probably just Jesus...I have a feeling that way too many fundie girls are brought up first and foremost to see themselves as brides of Christ (yeah, I know the wording itself tends to be more Catholic, but still...), and while "worldly" sex within heterosexual marriage might be presented as a beautiful, spiritual thing, I doubt that it's supposed to be on any even remotely similar plane to a relationship with Jesus. It would probably feel like a horrible sin to these people were they to find sex diverting enough to keep them from prayer on any level 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

I hate the "thumbs up" thing that the Future Mr. Nurie seems to do in so many photos...

Agree. Makes him look even more like Ed Grimley when he got excited about "The Wheel".

• LOL 7

This will be the tackiest wedding of 2020.  We can't have Corona take this away from us.  We have suffered enough.  Winston Churchill has one of my favorite quotes (and it applies to Jill as a bonus).
image.thumb.png.4248b2bf5bf70579e2c63608d5b9e19c.png

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, sixlets said:

This will be the tackiest wedding of 2020. 

Given JRod's decoration style, I'm sure they will clear out a Dollar Tree in order to adorn every bare inch of the venue.  I just wonder if they are planning to serve food....

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, BigBingerBro said:

Given JRod's decoration style, I'm sure they will clear out a Dollar Tree in order to adorn every bare inch of the venue.  I just wonder if they are planning to serve food....

Food costs money. The point of the wedding is to receive gifts. Jill loves gifts. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

From that one picture it looks like a foreclosuer home that took a beating from a storm?

Nathan looks so much better now that his ache has cleared up.

And I bet they can't wait for that all important "intimate touching" once they push Jill out of the way from her pushy picture taking. 

I thought there was a filter on the photo, they both look to have too flawless skin 

5 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Probably. Both the males and the females work on limited information. Maybe the word gets around to tell the brides to cry out to make it all seem right. 

Marginally related, but the wonderful Netflix series "Unorthodox," about a young, ultra-conservative, Hasidic woman, shows how these clueless wedding nights can go really wrong.  

Just watched that, and had to read the book. Excellent, thought-provoking series. 

• Love 6

What I would like to know is, after a lifetime of being told that sex is a grievous sin (outside of marriage) and that their bodies are evil and dirty and lead to men sinning, how can these women even WANT to have sex, let alone enjoy it?  And the thought of knowing that all 1,000 people at the wedding are thinking about YOUR pending sex life while you are still in church makes me all squicked out.  

• Love 23

Wouldn’t surprise me if Jill tracks Nuris cycle and planned the wedding so Nuri gets pregnant on the wedding night. 

Michelle had a board to conceive her blessings maybe Jill has one too.  For herself and now Nurikins. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

What I would like to know is, after a lifetime of being told that sex is a grievous sin (outside of marriage) and that their bodies are evil and dirty and lead to men sinning, how can these women even WANT to have sex, let alone enjoy it?  And the thought of knowing that all 1,000 people at the wedding are thinking about YOUR pending sex life while you are still in church makes me all squicked out.  

To fundies this is normal. 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, emma675 said:

It's amazing how much David and Priscilla look alike. If I didn't know they were married I'd assume they were brother and sister.

Or clones.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't know how pendantic David puts up with her.

She serves her purpose well. She gets pregnant easily and will have a litter of children once she hits menopause. Not much work to prove how manly TFDW is!

5 minutes ago, PuffinFizz said:

Priscilla is the exact type of person I imagine when I think of someone in a cult. 

She's bought into the indoctrination even more than Anna. That's saying something.

• Love 1