Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Jill probably will spend the check on the wedding. There is no way that wedding is going to be postponed or canceled. Nuri will be married off in July no matter what.

Jill's unwillingness to acknowledge that her plans might need sometimes to give way to bigger considerations pisses me off.......At the same time, though, I'm glad Nurie's getting out of there -- and the sooner the better!

• Love 13

Jilly'd better start some social distancing, too. i was browsing the Ohio COVID-19 stats just now, and Wayne County's gone pretty quickly from just a handful of cases to 77 cases and 12 deaths. I'm sure she thinks she knows who those people would be and where they would go -- and it wouldn't be her kind of people or in her kind of place.....But if she does think that, she's wrong. 

• Useful 8
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Why isn’t Jilly showing her kids eating the beef she got for free? 

Mini sliders for a thousand at Nurie's reception. Jill just has to talk her way into a truckload of stale rolls to make it happen. Add powdered drink mix, crushed potato chips, and a small home-baked cake, and we have a party!

• LOL 13
58 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm guessing Nuri's reception is going to be party mints and punch set on tables with tacky tablecloths with big bows. And nothing else.

No joke, those receptions are my favorite. Love me some party mints. I will take the reception any day of the week over the all the “no one has ever been more in love than we are” Pinterest weddings.

Nurie’s wedding is going to make me nostalgic for the 80s fosho.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
51 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm guessing Nuri's reception is going to be party mints and punch set on tables with tacky tablecloths with big bows. And nothing else.

I'm afraid I'll have to decline my invitation then. Imagine all the virus-covered little hands digging into those mints. 

Jill can photoshop her pictures and declare it the hugest wedding ever. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill can photoshop her pictures and declare it the hugest wedding ever. 

5 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Basically it’s going to be the tackiest wedding ever.

The Most Sanitary Wedding Ever. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Don't forget about little nut cups. After all they are nuts. 

• LOL 15
6 hours ago, crazy8s said:

personally I am hoping they go with a "christmas in July" theme so Jill can reuse the tacky stuff from her "safe" women's retreat.

This would actually be almost a cute theme if done right.  I think it will be a showcase of Jill’s preferences with a few items of Nurthan’s choosing.  Jill could pull the “I’m paying for the wedding” card in order to get what she wants. I know this is a huge possibility because it happens in even semi-sane families.  Including my own. 🙄

• Love 8

A little annoyed there aren't any new IG posts to mock so I looked at Jill's FB and found this gem from March 25th:

In three short months, just like He did with the plagues of Egypt, God has taken away everything we worship. God said, "you want to worship athletes, I will shut down the stadiums. You want to worship musicians, I will shut down Civic Centers. You want to worship actors, I will shut down theaters. You want to worship money, I will shut down the economy and collapse the stock market. You don't want to go to church and worship Me, I will make it where you can't go to church"
"If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Maybe we don't need a vaccine, Maybe we need to take this time of isolation from the distractions of the world and have a personal revival where we focus on the ONLY thing in the world that really matters. Jesus.

If you don't get a vaccine lady, you'll be worshipping Jesus, like, straight to his face and he'll get to tell you himself that he never said he was personally responsible for shutting down stadiums and movie theaters. 

He will also tell you to shut up. 

On 4/20/2020 at 11:10 AM, galaxychaser said:

It will be purple everything and the goodie bags will contain purple gum.  I can’t wait for the royal fundie wedding of the summer. 

Goodie Bags? JillR does not GIVE... she GETS.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

A little annoyed there aren't any new IG posts to mock so I looked at Jill's FB and found this gem from March 25th:

If you don't get a vaccine lady, you'll be worshipping Jesus, like, straight to his face and he'll get to tell you himself that he never said he was personally responsible for shutting down stadiums and movie theaters. 

He will also tell you to shut up. 

Did she say which book of the Bible she got this quote from?     Because I don’t remember reading that...

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

2 Chronicles 7:14

New International Version
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, MrsClaus said:

2 Chronicles 7:14

New International Version
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Jill doesn't believe in the NIV. She reads the King James version, and that one mentions stadiums, civic centers, and the stock market. 

Jill wouldn't just make up stuff and claim god said it, would she? That would be blasphemy. 

• LOL 13

I'd be curious to know why JRod hasn't posted anything on the family IG in almost a week. I wonder if CV finally caught up to them because of their inability to keep away from other people because they couldn't find a bible quote about social distancing. 

25 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Quoting JRod's quote here. ^

NO JILL. That's not how it works. If you want to be consistent and make logical sense, it would go like this:

God said, "You want to worship athletes, I will shut down the stadiums.

You want to worship musicians, I will shut down Civic Centers.

You want to worship actors, I will shut down theaters.

You want to worship money, I will shut down the economy and collapse the stock market."

Then, what it should be is (not saying it's true, but what it should be in order to be consistent with the above part):

"You want to worship Me, I will shut down church." 

You can't have it both ways and make it convenient for you, Jill.

Saying "You don't want to go to church and worship Me, I will make it where you can't go to church" is akin to saying something like "You don't want to go to sports games and worship athletes, I will make it where you can't go to stadiums" - which is completely the opposite of "You want to worship athletes, I will shut down the stadiums."

You're overthinking, something Jill would never do.  Consistency and logic are not part of her vocabulary.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

JillR will be very torn if her or any of the Rods were to get covid. On the one hand it's great for grifting, on the other hand she would have nobody to blame but herself. 

As a full-blown narcissist, Jill would NEVER blame herself. It has to be someone else's fault. That's the way all this works. 

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

As a full-blown narcissist, Jill would NEVER blame herself. It has to be someone else's fault. That's the way all this works. 

It couldn't be because she didn't pray hard enough. I wonder how she would explain it.

• Love 4
Just now, GeeGolly said:

It couldn't be because she didn't pray hard enough. I wonder how she would explain it.

One of the godless heathens she approached to try to save and failed gave it to her out of spite.  Or the devil.  Either one.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Jill can find an endless number of scapegoats for misfortune. Not only can she never accept any blame, she honestly can't even imagine how anything could possibly be her fault.  Now, if something goes well, she's all over it. And she'll publicly throw some crumbs of thanks to god.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, doodlebug said:

You're overthinking, something Jill would never do.  Consistency and logic are not part of her vocabulary.

I think just regular, normal thinking would have been enough to see that her analogy was all out of whack. But that's not really part of the way her brain works either.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I think just regular, normal thinking would have been enough to see that her analogy was all out of whack. But that's not really part of the way her brain works either.

True, Jill is an underthinker.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

The Bontragers have a lot of news! Their son Carson and his wife Carolina are expecting their second child and due in August.  This is their second child. Their daughter Jubilee will be 2 in July. Carson is the fourth Bontrager child and the second son. This is the seventh grandchild for the Bontragers.

Their third son Joshua and his wife Cassidy are going to have their second child any day now. The baby was due on Sunday. Their son Wallace will be 2 in July the day after his cousin Jubilee (see above). This is the 5th grandchild in the Bontrager family. 

Cassidy and Carolina Bontrager are actually sisters! Their maiden name is Bowers. The Bowers are a family of nine with similar beliefs to the Bontragers and other fundies. They make propaganda and are grifters. Carolina is the oldest and Cassidy is the second oldest. After them come six boys. All of them have names that start with C. None of the boys are married in part, because like many fundie boys, they aren't ready to support a family financially. 

Chelsy Maxwell is also Bontrager. Her grandchild will be the sixth for her parents. Cassidy and Joshua are having a baby soon, Chelsy and John are having a baby in June and Carolina and Carson are due in August. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Temperance said:

The Bontragers have a lot of news! Their son Carson and his wife Carolina are expecting their second child and due in August.  This is their second child. Their daughter Jubilee will be 2 in July.

Carson and Carolina have wasted their God-gifted theme opportunity to start the whole family with "car".

Jubilee was meant to be named Carlin (a perfect mash-up name for Carson & Carolina).
For boys there is Cardell, Cardin, Carl, Carlyle, Carter, and Carston.
For girls there is Cara, Cariana, Carissa, Carlotta, Carmen, and Carolee.

This could have been the best naming scheme since the Duggars co-opted the letter J! /sarcasm

• LOL 14
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Nysha said:

Carson and Carolina have wasted their God-gifted theme opportunity to start the whole family with "car".

Jubilee was meant to be named Carlin (a perfect mash-up name for Carson & Carolina).

This could have been the best naming scheme since the Duggars co-opted the letter J! /sarcasm

Don't forget Cardella, Cardina, Carla, Carlyla, Cartera, Carstona. Also, there are many versions of the Carol name: Carol, Carole, Carolyn, Caroline.

Boys are harder: Carpenter, Carlton, Carlton, Cartel.

Jubliee? 

(Sorry. I'm waiting for the oven to preheat.)

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Nysha said:

Her parents used all C names and Carolina has a brother named Carver. 

The Bowers seemed to use "C" names to honor the father named Curtis. The mother is named Lauren.

The Bowers children started with the oldest children Carolina and Cassidy Bowers Bontrager. Then the boys are Charles "Charlie" , Carver, Christian, Crockett, Chapman, and Campbell. The youngest is a girl who goes by a nickname of her middle name Virginia. Her first name is Crosby. 

• Love 1