Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Jill R should try to marry Nuri to a Bates. The Bates boys sure are cute!

Nobody who knows anything about the Rodrigui is going to court Nurie. She’s pretty, but nowhere near pretty enough to make up for all the baggage she would come with. Nurie’s best chance is to find a fundie guy who isn’t part of the IBLP crowd and doesn’t know her family, bring him home, introduce him to the actors she has hired to play her parents, and insist on eloping before he meets the real ones. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 7
On 4/1/2019 at 1:17 PM, galaxychaser said:

Jill R should try to marry Nuri to a Bates. The Bates boys sure are cute!

I agree, BUT with the caveat that they would face a lot of competition outside of the Fundie world.  Maybe Kaylee could hope for one of the less cute of the cute ones, but I think Nuri's too far gone to ever be marketable to the Bates or Up TV at this point. 

On 4/1/2019 at 4:20 PM, DangerousMinds said:

Maybe, but self obsessed and vain as hell it seems.

They seem even more into themselves than the average Fundie guy, which is saying a lot. They must know they're big fish in a small pond looks-wise in Fundie world, but their looks aren't enough in the "world" (non-Fundie world) to overcome the Douche Lord vibes coming off of them (Scott Disick looks like a nice, modest guy in comparison).  They are cute, but they aren't good looking enough to be that douche-y.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
(edited)
32 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

Wow, that sounds like a real page-turner. 

I'm sure there will be another fabulous Moody Family kids' book based on the subject.  Either that, or we'll get the Moody kids watching paint dry.

Edited by doodlebug
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

CD88DD6F-A140-4769-ABB8-8C1F08FAB0B7.jpeg

3F25FB7E-6932-4715-B2F2-88375570AD0E.jpeg

D1BA8281-3D2B-4E93-8FEE-246020FC40BF.jpeg

That saddens me. All those tracts are going to end up in the recycling or trash most likely. And this is all David spends his time on, and the kids as well. Printing and mailing all that stuff is a waste of materials and resources that could go towards something more impactful (as we’d say in the Unplanned discussion!)

• Love 18

My phone would probably explode if I posted the whole thing, so here’s part of a new blog post:

Our EXCITING trip down South! Lots of Pictures! (Jan. – March 2019)

Posted on March 30, 2019 by Rodrigues Family

Each winter we travel South in our RV motor home to go to many churches to sing and present our ministry at. We also visit some friends along the way. Please scroll down through the below posts to see where we went and to view some beautiful pictures of our exciting adventures. God bless you all! -The Rodrigues Family 

We deeply enjoyed our time with the Mike Keller Family. Praying together, studying God’s Word together, exhorting one another, and sweet fellowship. They showed our family some of the sweetest hospitality we have ever experienced! Thank you, Keller Family! 

Until Next Time, The Rodrigues Family

A6A8374E-2112-47C4-9E5C-2688CC277BB7.jpeg

A2568434-7065-49C1-910D-D679E71A6ED5.jpeg

935D5978-276A-4C18-9EF8-9D1E72FABFE4.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

"Oh My" was my first reaction of the picture of Jill & Ma Keller. I'm still shaking my head in disbelief. They look like they are dressed up for an '80s or '90s  themed masquerade party. 

@Sew Sumi How old is Pa Keller?  For some strange reason I remember you saying he is the same age as your husband & I think mine as well. Mr Barb turned 59 in March. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

My phone would probably explode if I posted the whole thing, so here’s part of a new blog post:

Our EXCITING trip down South! Lots of Pictures! (Jan. – March 2019)

Posted on March 30, 2019 by Rodrigues Family

Each winter we travel South in our RV motor home to go to many churches to sing and present our ministry at. We also visit some friends along the way. Please scroll down through the below posts to see where we went and to view some beautiful pictures of our exciting adventures. God bless you all! -The Rodrigues Family 

We deeply enjoyed our time with the Mike Keller Family. Praying together, studying God’s Word together, exhorting one another, and sweet fellowship. They showed our family some of the sweetest hospitality we have ever experienced! Thank you, Keller Family! 

Until Next Time, The Rodrigues Family

A6A8374E-2112-47C4-9E5C-2688CC277BB7.jpeg

A2568434-7065-49C1-910D-D679E71A6ED5.jpeg

935D5978-276A-4C18-9EF8-9D1E72FABFE4.jpeg

I wonder who wrote the first sentence in the blog.  The home schooling teacher, or one of the graduates?

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I went to read Jill's family blog.  Those Keller boys are rapidly aging.  Why don't they marry them off to Kaylee and Nurie already.

The little girl holding the reptile in the grey jumper, it's ripped.  With all those girls-no one can stitch up a seam?

Ma Keller and Jill seem to be having a contest on who's denim skirt is the longest and heaviest.

The Rod girls playing on a beach and swimming in long, denim skirts while it seems the boys get to wear shorts- what else would I expect from these people?

Many of those IFB women in the visiting churches didn't get Jill's sluttish memo on wearing pants and forgetting their undershirts.

Posing their children in alligator infested water while wearing flip-flops, not cool.

Comparing Jill's overly made-up girls wearing their strange assortment of grab bag 1980's clothing to fresh faced girls really shows the difference in lifestyle.

And Jill posing in front of "the beautiful Florida house" and pasting all of those indoor pictures and did she ever ask their permission?

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Mojitogirl said:

Are those patches on David’s knees?  

I had always thought Ma & Pa Keller had a hillbilly vibe about them.  Compared to Ma & Pa Rodrigues, they are clean, awake and alert.  No suspicious stains on the knees or shadows around the eyes.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

Did David write this? I don't see any random capitalized words.

There's a sentence ending in a preposition as well as an exclamation point after every sentence, so I think it was Jill in one of her less manic moods.

We've seen on the show that the Kellers barely have a pot to piss in for themselves.  How very Rodrigues of Jill and the clan to drop in and take advantage of them for Jesus.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
(edited)
36 minutes ago, louannems said:

I went to read Jill's family blog.  Those Keller boys are rapidly aging.  Why don't they marry them off to Kaylee and Nurie already.

The little girl holding the reptile in the grey jumper, it's ripped.  With all those girls-no one can stitch up a seam?

Ma Keller and Jill seem to be having a contest on who's denim skirt is the longest and heaviest.

The Rod girls playing on a beach and swimming in long, denim skirts while it seems the boys get to wear shorts- what else would I expect from these people?

Many of those IFB women in the visiting churches didn't get Jill's sluttish memo on wearing pants and forgetting their undershirts.

Posing their children in alligator infested water while wearing flip-flops, not cool.

Comparing Jill's overly made-up girls wearing their strange assortment of grab bag 1980's clothing to fresh faced girls really shows the difference in lifestyle.

And Jill posing in front of "the beautiful Florida house" and pasting all of those indoor pictures and did she ever ask their permission?

Why oh why? Kendra had on a very cute yet modest for them, beach wear on CO a few weeks back. Can't these girls wear something like this? 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Why oh why? Kendra had on a very cute yet modest for them, beach wear on CO a few weeks back. Can't these girls wear something like this? 

Even Land's End makes a swim skirt with attached long leggings.  Pair that with a short or long sleeved rash guard and they wouldn't be shivering in cold, heavyweight cotton.  Not to mention the dangers of drowning in such rediculous swimwear.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, louannems said:

Even Land's End makes a swim skirt with attached long leggings.  Pair that with a short or long sleeved rash guard and they wouldn't be shivering in cold, heavyweight cotton.  Not to mention the dangers of drowning in such rediculous swimwear.

That requires $ and David eats all the $ budget.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

In case people don't know, the Kellers are Josh Duggar's in-laws (Anna's parents). I doubt they're poorer than the Rods and most of their children don't live at home. They probably enjoyed having the Rods over.  Considering they're not very picky about who daughters marry beyond being fundie,  they seem like a good fit for each other. I agree a Keller son might be a good match for Nurie.  

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

How old are the two Keller boys? Maybe they'll get both girls married off.

According to the Fundie Wiki, Nathan Keller will be 23 in a couple weeks, and David Keller will be 21 in August.

• Love 4
(edited)
12 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

According to the Fundie Wiki, Nathan Keller will be 23 in a couple weeks, and David Keller will be 21 in August.

Nurie and Kaylee could have big double wedding, the Duggars would be invited, and maybe JillR could have her heart's desire by snagging a Duggar boy for the 18-year-old she was trying to sell off earlier.

Edited by Nysha
Not all esses need to be apostrophe esses!
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Nurie and Kaylee could have big double wedding, the Duggars would be invited, and maybe JillR could have her heart's desire by snagging a Duggar boy for the 18-year-old she was trying to sell off earlier.

Kaylee will be 18 in July, and Nurie is twenty. None of her other children are of age except Tim.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Barb23 said:

"Oh My" was my first reaction of the picture of Jill & Ma Keller. I'm still shaking my head in disbelief. They look like they are dressed up for an '80s or '90s  themed masquerade party. 

@Sew Sumi How old is Pa Keller?  For some strange reason I remember you saying he is the same age as your husband & I think mine as well. Mr Barb turned 59 in March. 

Pa Keller turns 60 this year.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, Temperance said:

In case people don't know, the Kellers are Josh Duggar's in-laws (Anna's parents). I doubt they're poorer than the Rods and most of their children don't live at home. They probably enjoyed having the Rods over.  Considering they're not very picky about who daughters marry beyond being fundie,  they seem like a good fit for each other. I agree a Keller son might be a good match for Nurie.  

I'm trying to come up with a joke about the Kellers, mobile homes, the Rodrigueseses, and their RV. It's failing me. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Sorry this is in the wrong place ...

Is anyone else having issues with PTV? First I couldn't get here, then I was able to, then when I clicked on a thread it kicked me out again. This happened 3 or 4 times.

I'm hoping my next click doesn't kick me out again. 😬🤞

• LOL 1
9 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

ODG he is my age. I thought he was much older than I... yikes!

Yeah, that was the prevailing consensus when I originally posted. Suzette is about 3 years his senior. He married super young.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Stinkbus on wheels and on the move to heavenville?

I was thinking something along the lines of the R girl's new home still being mobile, but less mobile than her parents' home. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, that was the prevailing consensus when I originally posted. Suzette is about 3 years his senior. He married super young.

Bible-thumpers age early, in my experience. It must be all the hate. 

• Love 9
16 hours ago, louannems said:

Every time I see that it really makes me cringe.  They are a horrific accident just waiting to happen.  I know they think being god's favorites will protect them, but all they need is a big wave and some under tow and they'll be in serious trouble.  I'm a native Floridiot and grew up around the ocean.  I can swim well and am properly attired when I do.  I know if I got caught up, which can happen before you know it, I would never make it wearing a denim skirt and full street clothes.  These people are simply idiots.  

• Love 18
56 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

I admit. I went there. I couldn't be bothered to read the blather but I scrolled through the photos. Which sparked this line of thought:

So, let's see if I have this right. According to JillRs' blog, the Rodrigues family regularly piles into the RV and does an extended (winter) tour down in the warm South including Florida. As part of that trip they pester perform at as many fundie churches as they can. And crash attend social events, and visit the Kellers and maybe some other fundie families.

Which means that for years now, all of those kids have been seen by, and have met, lots and lots of fundie families. Nurie is still unmarried at the ripe old age of 20, and her younger sister, also of marriageable age, is also apparently un-courted. It seems that all that up close and personal exposure to lots of acceptable/desirable fundie guys hasn't resulted in either of the girls being snapped up by interested guys. 

I suspect that the traveling Rodrigues grifter RV isn't greeted with rapturous joy as it putters around. More like, "here's this family again and it's our Christian duty to be nice and generous to them because they worship the correct Jesus like we do." I would expect that if Nurie or her sister were all that and a bag of chips, some young guy from a fundie family would have asked to court them. 

Jill's been shilling those daughters - almost desperately - on her social media for a few years now, first Nurie and now Kaylee (sp?). I think that speaks to a profound lack of interest on the part of any of the young guys in fundie families that the Rodrigues daughters have actually, like, met. In person.

• Love 20
(edited)
On 4/2/2019 at 11:03 PM, awaken said:

That saddens me. All those tracts are going to end up in the recycling or trash most likely. And this is all David spends his time on, and the kids as well. Printing and mailing all that stuff is a waste of materials and resources that could go towards something more impactful (as we’d say in the Unplanned discussion!)

That was exactly what I thought too.  I went to their site and looked it up.  You can order 1000 tiny smile booklets for $54.00 plus shipping.  David couldn't have this "business" without the slave labor of his children because he isn't making enough money.  And this "ministry" is going straight into most people's trash cans.

51 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Jill's been shilling those daughters - almost desperately - on her social media for a few years now, first Nurie and now Kaylee (sp?). I think that speaks to a profound lack of interest on the part of any of the young guys in fundie families that the Rodrigues daughters have actually, like, met. In person.

I have to think that most fundie families hope their kids marry someone who will be an asset.  The Rodriguii offspring are barely educated, emaciated, poorly dressed, and have stunted social skills.  Those other fundie boys hear "Hi-yeeee" and can't get away fast enough.  David and Jill are solely responsible for creating this situation.  They can mooch off the Kellers forever.  but it won't give them an inside track for a Keller son-in-law.

Edited by NotFundie
  • Love 15
(edited)
9 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I admit. I went there. I couldn't be bothered to read the blather but I scrolled through the photos. Which sparked this line of thought:

So, let's see if I have this right. According to JillRs' blog, the Rodrigues family regularly piles into the RV and does an extended (winter) tour down in the warm South including Florida. As part of that trip they pester perform at as many fundie churches as they can. And crash attend social events, and visit the Kellers and maybe some other fundie families.

Which means that for years now, all of those kids have been seen by, and have met, lots and lots of fundie families. Nurie is still unmarried at the ripe old age of 20, and her younger sister, also of marriageable age, is also apparently un-courted. It seems that all that up close and personal exposure to lots of acceptable/desirable fundie guys hasn't resulted in either of the girls being snapped up by interested guys. 

I suspect that the traveling Rodrigues grifter RV isn't greeted with rapturous joy as it putters around. More like, "here's this family again and it's our Christian duty to be nice and generous to them because they worship the correct Jesus like we do." I would expect that if Nurie or her sister were all that and a bag of chips, some young guy from a fundie family would have asked to court them. 

Crucial, to me, is that the young guys have met the daughters' parents and malnourished siblings and seen the strong possibility that they'd end up supporting the insane parents and the rest of the kids for life, with Jill interfering with them constantly and David eating them out of house and home.

We have no idea what the daughters are like. They may have inherited one of their parents' personalities, or it's perfectly possible that they could be quite nice people in and of themselves. But they obviously come as part of a (large) set with parents and sibs included, and they seem to be well cemented in there.

After all, they're not allowed to live on their own and they can't afford to go to college most likely , so nobody -- including them -- has a chance to see what they'd be like if they didn't have Jill breathing down their necks 24/7. So anybody who isn't looking to take ownership of the Rodrigui clan lock stock and barrel is probably smart enough to run. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13

I have wondered before if the Rodrigues' "foreign" last name affects their prospects in the fundie world. I think maybe it's a pinch of that, along with their other issues: their emaciation, unattractive countenances that include overloaded makeup and 1940s grab-bag clothing, and the presence of their parents. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

Rabbittron: Thank you for that link. It was very nice of you and I appreciate it very much.

Does anyone think that there is matchmaking goin on with Anna's brothers and those two older Rodriguez girls?

It is very odd that Anna's brothers are STILL single and living in that trailer with their parents. Does anyone know what those two men are trained to do for work?

• Love 6

Those Keller boys used to spend a lot of time at Gothard HQ. Mike and Suzette made sure that these two wouldn't stray off the reservation after so many of their other children did (I include Esther here; she's still IFB, but they don't follow Gothard).

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Those Keller boys used to spend a lot of time at Gothard HQ. Mike and Suzette made sure that these two wouldn't stray off the reservation after so many of their other children did (I include Esther here; she's still IFB, but they don't follow Gothard).

Was John Shrader ever IBLP?  I don't consider Esther one of their rebellious kids. Esther is still a good IFB helpmeet.  Actually it occurs to me that Jill's family probably reminds the Kellers of Esther and her family.

• Love 3

Interesting photos from the Rodrigues website:

The girls are playing basketball barefooted on concrete? Yikes. Ouch. Nice having all those dirty feet all over the furniture too.

You know Jill's jealous of the nice house Jesus has given the Sacketts, but she will have to settle on trying to get invited back. The Sacketts made a good call by inviting the hoard to dinner before church--a visit with a defined time limit and no overnight. 

I wonder which lucky family's washer and dryer got the honors of cleaning the sandy beach denim. I doubt the RV can handle that, so maybe their clothes don't get washed often.  

They certainly love extreme closeups. 

• Love 7
On 3/31/2019 at 8:37 PM, farmgal4 said:

I predict Warden will grow up to be a real looker.  Ma and Pa Bates sure did grow some good-looking kids!

He'll have to be, to counteract that name...!  I think we may have discussed this before, but IMO the Bateses are no good at naming.  You had might as well have called him "Jailer".

• LOL 1
  • Love 9