Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

So if they have the money for Jill to fly back out to see Timmy, why in the hell didn't they just have David drive out with Timmy in Timmy's car with his stuff, and then David flies back home.  No gas for the huge RV and the new towed car, plus all the other expenses for the entire family trip.  Geesh.

You're missing the most important part. Dragging the whole family across the country, grifting along the way, so Jill can share their tale of woe and persecution with anyone she can. Getting poor Timothy to school wasn't the point, Jill being able to cry about how hard they have it as Christians, was.

Side note, is the comma after Christians right? I feel it is, but it looks clunky. 

• Love 17
5 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I predict once he sees his blessed mama he will be called to come home with her, because well, Jesus laid it on his heart.

5 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I think he'll come home with Mama because I think he has one brain cell and realizes he ain't going to cut school he's too dumb.

• Love 1

I feel bad for Tim because I was rooting for his escape, unlikely as it was going to be. 

However, if he is coming home, as we all suspect, I am dying of curiosity to see Jill's batshit crazy spin on it.  

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

You're missing the most important part. Dragging the whole family across the country, grifting along the way, so Jill can share their tale of woe and persecution with anyone she can. Getting poor Timothy to school wasn't the point, Jill being able to cry about how hard they have it as Christians, was.

Side note, is the comma after Christians right? I feel it is, but it looks clunky. 

I see the logic of the comma. However, I'd put a semicolon after "point" and omit the comma. 

We suffer the curse of education. Jill never has to think about punctuation!! MECHANIC'S. or grammars. God has blessed her richly. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Love 12
14 hours ago, Zella said:

I feel bad for Tim because I was rooting for his escape, unlikely as it was going to be. 

However, if he is coming home, as we all suspect, I am dying of curiosity to see Jill's batshit crazy spin on it.  

Maybe she wants him to and he said no, thus she figures this is the best she can get? *hopes*

• Love 4

Ewww...this is weird. I have two grown sons who I am very close to and if one of them said "I love you deeply", I'd be freaked out. And if I gushed over them  on social media like crazy ass Jill does, they would never speak to me. 

Edited by Annb67
  • Love 22

Sierra made some funny, wacky and unhinged video.  

Am I late with this info or early?  

I can't link it.  It is on her instagram account and I'm not on Instagram or something. 

Edited by Marigold
2 hours ago, louannems said:

Timothy misses Sweet Precious Mama maybe a little too much?

I'd be willing to bet he sent her the picture and told her he loved her and Jill added everything else. 

• Love 18

Jill R will have to let some of her kids go at some point. She can't keep 13 adults in a house when can't afford to feed them. The Duggars/Bates?/Maxwells can have adult children living at home like that, because they have more money.  She seems particularly attached to Nurie and Tim, which may partly explain why she's upset. I hope some of these kids start leaving the home eventually as they grow up. Yes it will be very, very hard, but living with Jill seems hard as well.  I also hope even if Tim doesn't finish school, he decides to live on his own.

(This may seem unrealistic, but I'm sticking with hope. I also think it would work out better in the long run.)

• Love 11

How does Tim even know that gesture? Jilly is unhinged, she seems to have zero boundaries or filters. I'd say that he never said any of it, except perhaps I love you. She does make shit up all the time, plus, unless her starved looking children shower her with money and attention, they dont get anything in return. Fuck you bitch!

Watched the insta story of Sierra's. Wow. That's someone close to breaking point. WHAT is that crazy story good for? She's nearing a breakdown. Stop having children you can neither afford nor have the energy for!

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, realityfan26 said:

What is Sierra's Instagram?

She's after posting one of those live stories that disappear after 24 hours. She appears very unhinged, somewhat hyper, yapping on about heat, no make up and basically makes no sense.

• Love 1

Just saw the Sierra videos, she's definitely out if it and treating Instagram as her personal therapist because she has no one to hear her out.

I don't think she knows the meaning of gender equality. She says society says that because she's a woman she should be in the kitchen cooking and raising kids but instead she's mowing the lawn.

Maybe in her circle women are judged for doing men's work and men are judged for doing women's work but to the rest of the world it's normal. She's acting like mowing the lawn is such a rare thing for a woman to do.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 6
38 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Just saw the Sierra videos, she's definitely out if it and treating Instagram as her personal therapist because she has no one to hear her out.

I don't think she knows the meaning of gender equality. She says society says that because she's a woman she should be in the kitchen cooking and raising kids but instead she's mowing the lawn.

Maybe in her circle women are judged for doing men's work and men are judged for doing women's work but to the rest of the world it's normal. She's acting like mowing the lawn is such a rare thing for a woman to do.

Yeah women mowing the lawn is normal. Michelle used to mow the lawn in her bikini.  Maybe that's why her Duggar friends are freaking out....

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Lunera said:

Right? "Society will tell you" all of that? I was like, what society does she live in? She's got it backwards.

Btw, she's got the videos pinned so it will be available to watch anytime.

In any case, the videos are gold, and she does look like she's snapped. It's like her version of Michelle's laundry room breakdown.

Edited by graefin
  • Love 7

If Sierra snapped on account of heat I'm inclined to give her a pass, the perceived temperature in NYC yesterday was... 101.  Sometimes when that happens and I'm forced to walk down the street, I'm hard pressed not to sit down on the sidewalk and bawl with the injustice of it. ;)

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 13
12 minutes ago, louannems said:

How can I find Sierr's Instagram?  I can't remember her last name.

https://www.instagram.com/sierrajodominguez/?hl=en

Sierra sounds really unhinged. If I didn't know better I'd think she was on drugs. For starters, why is she so convinced everyone is judging her? She made similar comments previously about being judged while she was out in public with the kids, and now her Cocker Spaniel walking neighbor is lawn-shaming her because he walked by her house...and didn't say anything.

I also think it's funny how she praises her husband for watching the kids while she mows the lawn. Uh, yeah dum-dum. He's inside enjoying the AC while you're borderline delirious from heatstroke because it's a hundred damn degrees outside. Sounds like a keeper to me!

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 22
25 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

why is she so convinced everyone is judging her?

Because she judges everyone else, so naturally she thinks others are doing it to her.  Also, that's their culture.  They all judge each other and try to be the bestest most jesusiest person ever.  What a horrible way to live.

I'm technically challenged.  Do I have to have an instagram account to see the video?  When I click I see posts, but no video.  I did notice one comment on the post saying that she resembles Elizabeth Moss.  That HAS to be someone trolling her, right??  I mean, they're right.  All she needs is the red dress and bonnet.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Normades said:

Because she judges everyone else, so naturally she thinks others are doing it to her.  Also, that's their culture.  They all judge each other and try to be the bestest most jesusiest person ever.  What a horrible way to live.

I'm technically challenged.  Do I have to have an instagram account to see the video?  When I click I see posts, but no video.  I did notice one comment on the post saying that she resembles Elizabeth Moss.  That HAS to be someone trolling her, right??  I mean, they're right.  All she needs is the red dress and bonnet.

Click on the circle in the top left.  That made the video work for me.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, awaken said:

“What do you do with these types of pics and messages,” Jill?  Keep them private and don’t share your personal moments with your son with the rest of the world as a way to promote how fabulous of a mama you are!  

And HOW is she affording a flight, when they just did that ridiculous journey by RV, and they’re collecting donations for their needs?  And Tim doesn’t have book $?

Maybe, she asked Duggar aviation to fly her out since the Duggars are “such good friends.”

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Lunera said:

I think she’s trying to be “funny” and make something go viral. Gotta get them clicks. 

• Love 3

Looking up Ripley Baptist Temple this is what they say:

Ripley School of the Bible is a ministry of the Ripley Baptist Temple and is in affiliation with Crown College of Powell, TN. This program is designed to offer practical Bible teaching that will deepen your knowledge of God’s Word and strengthen your Christian service. It is a four-semester, twelve-course program held on Monday nights at the Ripley Baptist Temple facilities. Each semester offers three courses and lasts twelve weeks. Students who complete all twelve courses may participate in the Crown College commencement exercises in Powell, TN and will be awarded a Biblical Studies certificate.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Looking up Ripley Baptist Temple this is what they say:

Ripley School of the Bible is a ministry of the Ripley Baptist Temple and is in affiliation with Crown College of Powell, TN. This program is designed to offer practical Bible teaching that will deepen your knowledge of God’s Word and strengthen your Christian service. It is a four-semester, twelve-course program held on Monday nights at the Ripley Baptist Temple facilities. Each semester offers three courses and lasts twelve weeks. Students who complete all twelve courses may participate in the Crown College commencement exercises in Powell, TN and will be awarded a Biblical Studies certificate.

Isn’t that what Trace Bates did?  He trudged across the stage with Josie and Tori. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Triple P said:

Where is Ripley Baptist Temple? Do they really want to study the bible more or is it a convenient way to get a break from their sweet mama for a few hours? 

It's in Ripley West Virginia about a 40 minute drive from Charleston West Virginia, depending on where they live.  It doesn't matter what they want, those girls have no say in anything.  It's just like it's their 'choice' to dress modestly and wear a metric shit ton of makeup and have long, lifeless hair; they can either do it or get out.  I presume Jill or Shifty grifted free tuition to this course or maybe, in the aftermath of the car accident and the GoToMe Fund, somebody offered it to the girls.  Otherwise, no point in taking a class when they are mere women preparing to be helpmeets at home.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Normades said:

You can find it on her Facebook page.  

11 minutes ago, Temperance said:

That is the best picture I've ever seen of Jill's girls. They look pretty. 

I think Kaylee is stunning.  Nurie, not so much.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

Curious how much this certificate producing program costs.

$30 a semester or $45 for a couple - I'm guessing Jill either whined until they gave them the couple price or tried to grift them for free.  So for 1 kid $120 total.  She can totally make that in Plexus money is like an hour, right?  ;-)

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

$30 a semester or $45 for a couple - I'm guessing Jill either whined until they gave them the couple price or tried to grift them for free.  So for 1 kid $120 total.  She can totally make that in Plexus money is like an hour, right?  ;-)

That’s not a lot of money to some, but poor Timothy didn’t have $10. for a book! ?‍♀️

• Love 14

So basically Nurie and Kaylee are going to a once a week Bible Study. My church has those, and you don’t even have to pay for them. Of course you also don’t get a worthless piece of paper or have a chance to cross a stage to shake someone’s hand, so there is that....

• Love 21
11 hours ago, queenanne said:

If Sierra snapped on account of heat I'm inclined to give her a pass, the perceived temperature in NYC yesterday was... 101.  Sometimes when that happens and I'm forced to walk down the street, I'm hard pressed not to sit down on the sidewalk and bawl with the injustice of it. ;)

Me too, but I wouldn’t share that experience with millions of strangers.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

It's in Ripley West Virginia about a 40 minute drive from Charleston West Virginia, depending on where they live.  It doesn't matter what they want, those girls have no say in anything.  It's just like it's their 'choice' to dress modestly and wear a metric shit ton of makeup and have long, lifeless hair; they can either do it or get out.  I presume Jill or Shifty grifted free tuition to this course or maybe, in the aftermath of the car accident and the GoToMe Fund, somebody offered it to the girls.  Otherwise, no point in taking a class when they are mere women preparing to be helpmeets at home.

I'm from another town in the same county. I have family there who work in Ripley. I'll let them know to keep an eye out for the Rodriguez bus.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, louannems said:

Jill is probably pushing this bible course on the girls so they can earn their MRS'S.

No doubt. She’s already tried putting Nurie up for sale. If you at first don’t succeed, send the girls where the boys are and use them as live bait. Those girls aren’t getting any younger, you know. Those eggs are just going to waste each month. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Ocean Chick said:

No doubt. She’s already tried putting Nurie up for sale. If you at first don’t succeed, send the girls where the boys are and use them as live bait. Those girls aren’t getting any younger, you know. Those eggs are just going to waste each month. 

That is so true, and that is so sad. 

• Love 11