Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Why are Fundies so scared of sharing the Gospel with Americans??

"There were over two thousand guests on board the ship. We were fascinated to learn that there were over eight hundred crew as well. Less than two dozen of the crew were US citizens. All the others came from a variety of other countries. We enjoyed reaching out to them to get to know them and share the Gospel with them and had many good opportunities to visit."

They are so ensconced in their fundy bubbles at home that they probably perceive 90% of Americans as Christians of some Protestant stripe. Furriners are, in their eyes, no doubt either godless, Catholic, or some other sort of heathen.

• Love 10

I can't find it again but whoever said that Prissy is a grown up Nellie Olsen is spot on.

Poor Prissy will spend the rest of her good years cranking out a new baby to prove how much they love Jesus and also as a beard to you know who.

Annnndddd the bargain cruise was amusing to me. Why would they dare hang out with heavens? Holy hell I'm surprised they are still alive to talk about it since it's so against every thing they believe in: people living their lives as they see fit.

People thanking them for tracts and asked for more? Delusions coming from TFDW?

• Love 11
17 hours ago, floridamom said:

Back to Prissy.....she's one of a kind, but she is a gentle, kind person and I'd probably choose her to be my next door neighbor rather than any of the Duggars, including here sister, ANNNNNA.

17 hours ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

See, I have to disagree with you. I’d chose to live next to Jana. My backsplash needs to be updated. 

If I lived next door to any of them, I would probably burn the house down. Mine or theirs - maybe both. 

• Love 2

Make sure all children and pets are out of the house before burning down the house(s.) JD can respond to the call and put out the fires and file a report. I wonder if they have insurance or do they think God will save them.

5 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

I can't find it again but whoever said that Prissy is a grown up Nellie Olsen is spot on.

lookswise maybe but Nellie would already have eaten TFDW alive , he's no Percy .

• Love 20
22 hours ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

See, I have to disagree with you. I’d chose to live next to Jana. My backsplash needs to be updated. 

Jana’s backsplash was fixed up by Mexican tiling elves in the middle of the night. 

• Love 12
17 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

They're lucky they didn't end up on the 70,000 Tons of Metal cruise that happens every February. I don't think the Wallers would have lived to tell THAT tale. Talk about a party cruise! 

HA! My husband wants to go on this cruise so bad! We listen to almost all the bands that go on this(Yep, we are pure metal heads mixed with 80s music..lol). I would go too, but would be terrified on the ship. I tell him all the time to go, you only live once! Trying to picture the Waller's on this cruise has me crackin' up! They would for sure crap themselves..lol

• Love 7
16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Why are Fundies so scared of sharing the Gospel with Americans??

"There were over two thousand guests on board the ship. We were fascinated to learn that there were over eight hundred crew as well. Less than two dozen of the crew were US citizens. All the others came from a variety of other countries. We enjoyed reaching out to them to get to know them and share the Gospel with them and had many good opportunities to visit."

I think most Americans would have no problem either debating them on their beliefs or shutting them down, maybe in a not so nice manner.  They prey on people who are not native speakers of English or are in a position where they have to listen to them (servers or workers).  They always try to look for situations where they are in a superior position.  This way there is no chance of meeting an intelligent atheist, Wiccan, Pagan, etc. who would be willing to really discuss religion with them (and probably knows a hell of a lot more about Christianity than Pris or TFDW do).  They claim to be so steadfast in their beliefs, but they constantly close off all opposition and refuse to hear any challenges to them.  Sure makes me wonder.  

• Love 24

I went down the rabbit hole of the DavidlovesPriscella blog.  The post about the baby shower says that Prissy asked all the guests to bring snacks and desserts that way she didn't have to make all the food herself - you could almost hear the unwritten line of "isn't she a clever girl?'"  No, she's cheap and sort of tacky.  But after seeing that she made a game for the baby shower - Match the names of the babies from the Bible with their parents - please tell me that someone, anyone, brought Bourbon balls as their dessert.  But the most disturbing image is of 2 ladies, I'm guessing the soon to be moms, holding ALERT onesies in their laps.  WTF????

Also David stop taking selfies until you can learn not to hold the camera at a 45 degree angle.   I need wine.

• Love 16
On 2/28/2018 at 11:43 AM, Lunera said:

The video they posted yesterday is so cringey. She does look pregnant.

Long time lurker here. I registered an account just to comment on this. Wow, Priscilla is creepy!! I couldn’t finish watching. 

• Love 11
52 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Jana’s backsplash was fixed up by Mexican tiling elves in the middle of the night. 

I agree. The finished product was way too polished and well-done to be a Duggar DIY job. I don't doubt Jana knows how to tile, as we've seen her do it on the show before, but I don't think she's on the level of people who do it for a living. I remember when she decorated the McMansion for the Dullards and it was okay, but by no means reminiscent of something a real designer would've come up with. 

• Love 3

I refuse to watch the video again! Would someone tell me wtf kind of game was she talking about with the diapers and chocolate, and the guests sniffing whatever? It sounds disgusting but maybe I heard it wrong.

3 minutes ago, Latenites said:

I refuse to watch the video again! Would someone tell me wtf kind of game was she talking about with the diapers and chocolate, and the guests sniffing whatever? It sounds disgusting but maybe I heard it wrong.

There is a baby shower game where you take like a small candy bar, partially melt it, out of the wrapper, then stick it into a disposable diaper and fold up the diaper, so that when you open the diaper it looks like poo.  Then you pass is around, or everyone gets a diaper with a different candy bar in it and you try and guess what the candy bar was/is.  Quite frankly if it was between that, and matching bible baby names, the candy bar game sounds like the life of the party.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

2. Handed out bible tracts to people on said cruise and ports of call?

Depending upon where these ports were, the natives may have wanted them for toilet paper, which is why they went back for seconds.

4 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

....with the tile and grout that was purchased weeks before and with their own tile cutter.

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

There is a baby shower game where you take like a small candy bar, partially melt it, out of the wrapper, then stick it into a disposable diaper and fold up the diaper, so that when you open the diaper it looks like poo.  Then you pass is around, or everyone gets a diaper with a different candy bar in it and you try and guess what the candy bar was/is.  Quite frankly if it was between that, and matching bible baby names, the candy bar game sounds like the life of the party.

I had to participate in this game. Once. Never again. 

• Love 12
39 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Thanks. It's gross but I agree about the bible game. Sounds like a rip-roaring blast of a fun party!

• Love 6
6 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

I went down the rabbit hole of the DavidlovesPriscella blog.  The post about the baby shower says that Prissy asked all the guests to bring snacks and desserts that way she didn't have to make all the food herself - you could almost hear the unwritten line of "isn't she a clever girl?'"  No, she's cheap and sort of tacky.  But after seeing that she made a game for the baby shower - Match the names of the babies from the Bible with their parents - please tell me that someone, anyone, brought Bourbon balls as their dessert.  But the most disturbing image is of 2 ladies, I'm guessing the soon to be moms, holding ALERT onesies in their laps.  WTF????

Also David stop taking selfies until you can learn not to hold the camera at a 45 degree angle.   I need wine.

Good LORD, how cheap. Even Jesus fed his followers loaves and fishes when they came over! I know it's cultural, but I simply cannot get over it. Does the blog mention whether they got gifts? After kid number gazillion, and not providing most of the food - no. There's frugal and then there's being a downright tightwad.

Since this is the Duggar friends thread, can someone provide an update on the State of Michael Bates' Womb? Every time there's a new post in this thread I hope it's about her.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

You have not PROPERLY been down the Princilla rabbit hole until you've watched this!!!

Thank you!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, EarlGreyTea said:

Good LORD, how cheap. Even Jesus fed his followers loaves and fishes when they came over! I know it's cultural, but I simply cannot get over it. Does the blog mention whether they got gifts? After kid number gazillion, and not providing most of the food - no. There's frugal and then there's being a downright tightwad.

Since this is the Duggar friends thread, can someone provide an update on the State of Michael Bates' Womb? Every time there's a new post in this thread I hope it's about her.

No new news on the status of Michael's womb. 

22 minutes ago, louannems said:

You have not PROPERLY been down the Princilla rabbit hole until you've watched this!!!

Thank you!

I made it about 20 seconds in and had to bail. Those voices!

• Love 4

If anybody's looking for a microphone stand, the Maxwells are offering some old ones provided you're willing to stop by their hometown to get them.  (Not sure if they're free or if the price is higher.) 

13 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Coming out of lurkdom to comment that I am that weird person who actually likes shower games, but I physically leave the room at baby showers when they play that candy in a diaper game.  It's truly revolting, and it kind of surprises me that it would be a thing at fundie showers - I would think they'd find poop jokes sinful, or at least sinful adjacent.

• Love 15

I just have to say that I find Davia Waller so cute!!  I love her little expressions and her happiness at singing the song.  It makes me sad to think of what her life will become though!

• Love 9
41 minutes ago, Normades said:

I just have to say that I find Davia Waller so cute!!  I love her little expressions and her happiness at singing the song.  It makes me sad to think of what her life will become though!

It's weird because for as ditzy as Priscilla is, the kids seem bright and well-spoken, especially Paul. They must get it from TFDW. 

• Love 9
Just now, BitterApple said:

It's weird because for as ditzy as Priscilla is, the kids seem bright and well-spoken, especially Paul. They must get it from TFDW. 

Yes, it is nice to see clean, well fed and seemingly well cared for kids.  I also think it's sweet the way David talks to them and didn't seem to get mad at little Phillip, but tried to redirect him.  I really don't care for their fundy views and I cringe that Davia will probably not get a chance to go to college, but I am at least hopeful that David seems to care about education and I believe his boys will get that chance.  They also get to travel.  I know they're easily snarkable, but I think they do seem to love and care for their children.

Now when the cameras go off, I wonder if this veneer cracks.  There sometimes seems to be an undercurrent of anger going on with David.  I think he wants perfection. If some of the theories about him are true, I can totally see being angry and trapped in a world that won't accept your true self.  It's a bit scary to think about.

• Love 18
19 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Really?  Wow.  The closest I've encountered to that was a birthday cake a coworker got for another coworker.  It said "Happy Birthday, you old turd," and had a Baby Ruth bar stuck in the middle.  Funny stuff.

I didn't watch the whole video; did they do that matching bible baby names thing?  I'm with you voting for the candy bar shit thing.

13 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Really?  Wow.  The closest I've encountered to that was a birthday cake a coworker got for another coworker.  It said "Happy Birthday, you old turd," and had a Baby Ruth bar stuck in the middle.  Funny stuff.

That'd get you reported to HR at my workplace!

• Love 2
On 2/28/2018 at 11:11 AM, Abmis said:

LOL at TFDW mentioning Little Miss Sunshine.  The only thing that could save that bore fest would be for Olive Hoover and her family to show up and dance.

How bad could that dance be?  Her grandpa taught her.  HAAAA!  Love Little Miss Sunshine.

These people went on a cruise and didn't realize they were going on a booze cruise???  If they went on a cheap cruise chances are it was Carnival.  If it was anything like the 4 day I went on people were drunk from the moment they got on the ship until they were off the ship.  

On 2/28/2018 at 3:57 PM, Westiepeach said:

Then Prissy would never have seen TFDW. 

i will see myself to the Prayer Closet. 

I was going to comment something similar but just headed straight into the prayer closet instead.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

These people went on a cruise and didn't realize they were going on a booze cruise???  If they went on a cheap cruise chances are it was Carnival.  If it was anything like the 4 day I went on people were drunk from the moment they got on the ship until they were off the ship.  

I call baloney. They knew there was going to be drinking and other Nike activity (hello! Swimsuits!). That’s why they had the marriage DVDs or whatever with them. That blog post was probably written before they left home.

(It reminds me of one of the Nero Wolfe books where Archie walked in on Wolfe burning a dictionary because the new edition offended him. Archie said “You knew you were going to burn it when you bought it. Otherwise you would have bought the leather binding.” )

• Love 18
(edited)
On 2/28/2018 at 6:43 PM, Sew Sumi said:

They're lucky they didn't end up on the 70,000 Tons of Metal cruise that happens every February. I don't think the Wallers would have lived to tell THAT tale. Talk about a party cruise! 

HA!  I had to check the 2018 lineup.  I lived with the gf of the Metal Church lead singer Mike Howe back in 1989 when they were touring with Metallica.  He was a nice guy.  

On 2/28/2018 at 7:41 PM, Sew Sumi said:

If I was a paying passenger being proselytized to by another passenger, I'd report that shit. Don't invade my space. 

I think the Wallers realized that guests were off-limits. It's probably in Gothard literature somewhere. 

Yes indeed!  I would hope that a cruise line would have rules against that shit.  Maybe now I gotta check before booking another.  I would like a 'no solicitation' rule on the boat I vacay on and if there isn't one, there wouldn't be a booking.  Who knew one would have to check for that?  I don't really drink because it is a really short distance between being happily buzzed and someone holding my hair but in between that is Salty Natalie who swears worse than when posting!  So I could see it ending badly and being the subject of their blog should they encounter me.

Edited by Natalie68
not sure if Mike and my old roomie got married afterall
  • Love 3
On 3/1/2018 at 12:11 PM, Madtown said:

HA! My husband wants to go on this cruise so bad! We listen to almost all the bands that go on this(Yep, we are pure metal heads mixed with 80s music..lol). I would go too, but would be terrified on the ship. I tell him all the time to go, you only live once! Trying to picture the Waller's on this cruise has me crackin' up! They would for sure crap themselves..lol

This might be one that Mr. Natalie would agree to take.  He too is a huge metal fan from the 80's.  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Normades said:

Yes, it is nice to see clean, well fed and seemingly well cared for kids.  I also think it's sweet the way David talks to them and didn't seem to get mad at little Phillip, but tried to redirect him.  I really don't care for their fundy views and I cringe that Davia will probably not get a chance to go to college, but I am at least hopeful that David seems to care about education and I believe his boys will get that chance.  They also get to travel.  I know they're easily snarkable, but I think they do seem to love and care for their children.

Now when the cameras go off, I wonder if this veneer cracks.  There sometimes seems to be an undercurrent of anger going on with David.  I think he wants perfection. If some of the theories about him are true, I can totally see being angry and trapped in a world that won't accept your true self.  It's a bit scary to think about.

If they are being homeschooled by Priscilla, I can't see them attending college.

• Love 8
22 hours ago, EarlGreyTea said:

No mention of any gifts, no gift table set up, no pictures of gifts or even wrapping paper on the ground.   Worst shower ever I think.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

HA!  I had to check the 2018 lineup.  I lived with the gf of the Metal Church lead singer Mike Howe back in 1989 when they were touring with Metallica.  He was a nice guy.  

Mr. Madtown thought this was pretty cool as do I. He likes himself some Metal Church. Ahhhh, the 80s!

• Love 1
20 hours ago, louannems said:

Thank you!

I had to pause it and do it in three sections to make it through that.  Those voices are so cringeworthy, and they just babble the same things over and over again.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

This might be one that Mr. Natalie would agree to take.  He too is a huge metal fan from the 80's.  

Mr. Xword and I have never been on a cruise, but we did go to the Monsters of Rock concert in 1988.  Van Halen, Metallica, Scorpions, Dokken, and Kingdom Come, in the KingDome, which was leveled ages ago.  

I cringed watching Priscilla and J'Chelle in that video.  

• Love 4
On 2/28/2018 at 11:31 AM, BitterApple said:

Of course all they order is the pancakes. God for bid they spring for a side of bacon or sausage. They probably left the waitress a crap tip as well. 

Oh, you KNOW they tipped the "looks like currency but is actually a Bible tract" because they are EXACTLY the kind of assholes who think The Word will pay the fucking bills when you're making less than minimum wage and count on ACTUAL TIPS to make your rent.

• Love 16
17 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

How bad could that dance be?  Her grandpa taught her.  HAAAA!  Love Little Miss Sunshine.

Isn't that the reason you go on a cruise? Lol. Asking for a friend. 

• Love 10