Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

57 minutes ago, Fosca said:

So who's the bride that will be caught up?  I know true believers are supposed to rise to heaven; are they the bride?

Why Jill Rodrigues is the bride, of course!!  Who else would be perfect for Jesus himself??  How dare you even ask!!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I know that if JillR walked into MY HOSPITAL room with her GAGGLE of kids and tried to SING to ME, I shove her GOSPEL TRACTS up her Christian ASS. :) SMILE

Because there's nothing more safe and healthy than packing 12 kids into the room of a sick person (who may be immuno-compromised).

All of my local hospitals have a rule that children under 12 cannot be visitors unless they are the children of the patient they are visiting.  Because children are germ factories.  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I know that if JillR walked into MY HOSPITAL room with her GAGGLE of kids and tried to SING to ME, I shove her GOSPEL TRACTS up her Christian ASS. :) SMILE

OMG, laughing.  When I was sick as a dog last year, I would have been horrified at this spectacle. Luckily, I got my chemo on an outpatient basis. I’d have no issue listening to them if they had any talent at all, but they are simply awful. I tried to one time, but after 10 seconds, my ears were bleeding.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

OMG, laughing.  When I was sick as a dog last year, I would have been horrified at this spectacle. Luckily, I got my chemo on an outpatient basis. I’d have no issue listening to them if they had any talent at all, but they are simply awful. I tried to one time, but after 10 seconds, my ears were bleeding.

I have a spitfire of a SIL who underwent chemo for breast cancer several years ago. If that mangy horde had set foot in her room she would've thrown Jello at them.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I have a spitfire of a SIL who underwent chemo for breast cancer several years ago. If that mangy horde had set foot in her room she would've thrown Jello at them.

I almost peed myself laughing! I happen to despise Jello, but if I had any and they showed up, I’d lob it at them!

• Love 4

Reminds me of my nitwit in-laws after my husband was diagnosed and started dialysis. The constant phone calls especially when my poor husband had a tough dialysis run. His idiot brother would keep calling, and my husband would tell him to call the next day because he was wanted to go to bed because he was feeling like crap and had a bad headache. I finally answered the phone and told his brother to knock it off and call tomorrow. It came close to the first real case of someone actually reaching into the phone and choking someone with their bare hands. GRRR!!!

The thing that pissed me off was when his youngest sister's husband had a bad accident at work and had to be airlift to Billings. His mother called the hubby to tell him what had happened and ask him not to call her because she had enough to deal with. Seriously... Too bad they did not have the attitude when it came to him and me. Double GRRR!!! GRRR!!! Sadly my brother-in-law died four years ago after taking a nasty fall off a grain freight train car and had a stroke.

Now back on topic...People like the Duggars and the like do not seem to understand handing out religious tracts and singing to sick people will make people angry and not appreciate them much.

I agree with bigskygirl.  The last thing patients and hospital staff want to see is a pack of holier-than-thou dingleberries singing songs and handing out pamphlets.  Especially when they're busy.

• Love 17
35 minutes ago, EAG46 said:

I agree with bigskygirl.  The last thing patients and hospital staff want to see is a pack of holier-than-thou dingleberries singing songs and handing out pamphlets.  Especially when they're busy.

LOL at the dingleberries designator! That's the perfect description. 

• Love 3

I want to know in what world wearing a dress or a skirt ever stopped a man from looking “with lust in his eyes” at a woman?  As I seem to recall from my heathen history books men have raped women who wore dresses and were completely covered up. Shoot they’ve even raped nuns, for heaven’s sake. And no one out modested old time nuns in habits. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Ocean Chick said:

I want to know in what world wearing a dress or a skirt ever stopped a man from looking “with lust in his eyes” at a woman?  As I seem to recall from my heathen history books men have raped women who wore dresses and were completely covered up. Shoot they’ve even raped nuns, for heaven’s sake. And no one out modested old time nuns in habits. 

Again, the Rodriguii only believe what they’re brainwashed with.  Nuns are ebil Catholics, so they don’t count.  They don’t get to see naked and half naked people because they aren’t allowed to watch Nat Geo, so therefore it doesn’t become a data point, either.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, JoanArc said:

My God, they better hope the hospital staff doesn't mistake any of the Rodgriuez kids for emaciated chemo patients! Most staff are mandatory reporters, too.

This is why I don’t think the children will be allowed to visit. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Normades said:

Why Jill Rodrigues is the bride, of course!!  Who else would be perfect for Jesus himself??  How dare you even ask!!

I imagine Jill would be like this poor Six Feet Under corpse of the week .

• Love 2
5 hours ago, lianau said:

I imagine Jill would be like this poor Six Feet Under corpse of the week .

That one was hilarious!! I also love the one with the blathering husband sitting at the table while his long suffering wife is cooking breakfast. *whack!!* Hey! I can see that happening in the Duggar future as well! 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

No updates on the pregnancy since the bombshell, other than a selfie that proved she was still pregnant. Her shirt was SEVERELY defrauding, Duggar style. 

I looked for her pregnant selfie on Facebook and on her blog.  I couldn't find it.  Maybe she scrapped it?

36 minutes ago, louannems said:

That's right, Nurie and Chimpy have been in Africa since January 16; THREE WHOLE DAYS at the time she posted!!!!  Jill is already comparing herself to military wives (because military husbands shouldn't exist in her world).  Having a loved one serving in combat for  months and months at a time is exactly the same as having her husband and daughter visiting Africa for less than a week.  Cooking chicken on a gas grill is apparently more dangerous than it looks.  She should be ashamed of herself, but if there is one thing we all know about Jill, she has no shame.

• Love 11

I knew it would be a matter of time before Jill (Mama) would be crying about missing Chimpy and her #1 slave.

Oh, poor is me Jill can't phantom the thought of adulting on her own. She doesn't know how to function without her help.

There was an excellent article I read last night about Bill Gothard's teachings. Women are to stay at home blah, blah, blah. Nothing about how to function on your own. Is Jill's father in charge of her now since Chimpy is away? What will she ever do!!!!! *eye roll*

• Love 4

JillR is a self-centered, clueless bitch. And a tad sluttish too. 

And I'd say she's a lying sack of hair.  This past X-mas season the flu was so nasty (and still is) that most nursing homes and hospitals closed any outside programs or entertainment for the residents or patients.  We only went to visit my grandmother for a short while, were discouraged on taking her out, and wore masks the entire time.  I can't see them being allowed to bring kids into either place to warble some bible top tens and pass out their tract manna even if the flu wasn't such big news.  Caroling at church or in the neighborhood maybe, but not that. 

• Love 10

Actually what Jill says is that she "THANKS military wives for their service." She is finding it hard enough to deal with her family gone.  I did think the point of the comparison is that they have it harder. But it's sort of a humble brag.  The point about military wives might have been better addressed by someone not from the sodrt. We were taught have more about emphasizing our points in school. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2

Personally I think comparing oneself to a spouse of those who serve in the military is off limits. These men and women are sometimes gone for months at a time, serve in dangerous situations, and might be at risk of never coming home. 

Jill misses her husband, at day 3 of him being gone. He's on a trip that he planned. With their daughter. He could fly back at a moments notice. Big difference.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, sheshark said:

Looks like Jill 'n Chimpy's page is now private.

Wow, for real? She or someone she knows read these boards.

Edited to add: I can still access both her blog and FB page.

Edited by GeeGolly
2 hours ago, sheshark said:

Looks like Jill 'n Chimpy's page is now private.

Rejoice, SMILE because Jill (Mama) only removed that post. The rest of her FB is still alive and well. How else is she going to grift errr I mean praise Jesus?

• Love 1

Can anyone explain this post to me?

Hard at work putting church labels on John and Romans to prepare to go door to door visitation. Miss my hubby and oldest daughter SO much.....to the point where my heart aches, but I am THRILLED to see they are serving Jesus! We all must WORK for the night is COMING! WORK til Jesus comes! <3 <3 Jill

I don't understand what putting church labels on books of the bible means?

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Can anyone explain this post to me?

I don't understand what putting church labels on books of the bible means?

Yeah, I would assume she means, "contact information for said church, which is going to go on David-printed cheap bound versions of printouts of these books of the Bible, so that after our visit, the recipients know how to contact the church if this rouses their interest in attending".  

• Love 1

Many times proselytizers hand out little stapled booklets of just the book of John and apparently Jill and her family do the same with the book of Romans.  These come from Christian publishing companies and many churches put a little sticker with the church address and phone number and these days website on the back or inside the front cover.

3 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Ooooo did the Turbin story hit too close to home?

If you look through the pictures on her FB she does make an effort to show that they do buy food. In one post she has a picture of Sophia with a tiny little shopping cart. Jill rejoices at Sophia shopping. If you notice the cart it's filled with junk. All processed sugar filled non nutritional garbage. A big box of Fruit Loops should be replaced with containers of oatmeal. At least oatmeal can stretch longer and provide better nutrients that a bowl of sugar and milk. Don't get me started on how a bag of beans with some kale or spinach can also make a cheap meal but a nutritious one. Jill do you need help grocery shopping?

3 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Ooooo did the Turbin story hit too close to home?

I imagine it did.  I was reading a thread about those poor children on a large message board, and someone referenced that header picture in the JillRod blog as fellow folks upon whom maybe CPS should be called.  You know, the one with the emaciated skeletal boys and girls in their fancy dress.

• Love 1

Jill likes to brag about how Nurie earns money and paid for her trip to Africa and for Jill's shower. Just how does Nurie earn money? She has no education and I doubt a great deal of strength. If it's babysitting, don't most of the families in her circle produce their own childcare workers?

I looked at their Africa blog. When Jill posted the picture, "There's a baboon sitting under the tree," did it not occur to her someone might think it's a photo of David? Perhaps not. Or perhaps just the people here. 

The Rodriguii are an endless source of wonder. 

Edited by BradandJanet
Edited to remove my question. The reference is to the Turpins.
1 hour ago, tabloidlover said:

Hard at work putting church labels on John and Romans to prepare to go door to door visitation. Miss my hubby and oldest daughter SO much.....to the point where my heart aches, but I am THRILLED to see they are serving Jesus! We all must WORK for the night is COMING! WORK til Jesus comes! <3 <

Has she been secretly watching Game of Thrones?

I was pretty sure it was a joke, but I always think it's humorous when there's any possible chance to infer that a fundie has a talent for sophisticated imagery on their own!  I'm pretty sure heathen figurative language is the devil's workshop to them.

1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill likes to brag about how Nurie earns money and paid for her trip to Africa and for Jill's shower. Just how does Nurie earn money? She has no education and I doubt a great deal of strength. If it's babysitting, don't most of the families in her circle produce their own childcare workers?

I looked at their Africa blog. When Jill posted the picture, "There's a baboon sitting under the tree," did it not occur to her someone might think it's a photo of David? Perhaps not. Or perhaps just the people here. 

They probably grifted the money from some half-senile old lady, the way they grifted their house. An Africa trip would cost well into the thousands and Nurie sure as hell isn't making that kind of money selling janky homemeade bracelets. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

They probably grifted the money from some half-senile old lady, the way they grifted their house. An Africa trip would cost well into the thousands and Nurie sure as hell isn't making that kind of money selling janky homemeade bracelets. 

Yeah. The Rods don't have two nickels to rub together, so it's all suspicious. Nurie's jewelry is cheap. She's not getting serious money from that. The Dillards grift online. What are the Rodriguii up to? Perhaps Jill will enlighten us. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Nurie WAS stringing together beads and jewels and making bracelets and necklaces.  She was selling them on Etsy.  Some were cute but honestly, her asking price was too low to actually turn a profit.

Ha!  I read through and see I'm too late!

Edited by louannems
56 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Yeah. The Rods don't have two nickels to rub together, so it's all suspicious. Nurie's jewelry is cheap. She's not getting serious money from that. The Dillards grift online. What are the Rodriguii up to? Perhaps Jill will enlighten us. 

I'm thinking they have to have some kind of assistance from the government that they keep on the down low. No way Chimpy makes enough money to feed everyone and keep up with bills. Jill is pushing her Plexus---how long will that last? Money has to be coming from a source she doesn't ever talk about because Jesus provides!?!?!?!!!!!

• Love 1
20 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

When Jill posted the picture, "There's a baboon sitting under the tree," did it not occur to her someone might think it's a photo of David? Perhaps not. Or perhaps just the people here. 

Probably just the people here. Well, and the people of Africa might have noted the resemblance. “Africa” is pretty non-specific, as a destination. Do you think they know there are over fifty countries there?

• Love 1
22 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

She has an ESTY account but her stuff is pretty inexpensive so I can't imagine at makes much. It's linked somewhere up line.

oops, I see this has been mentioned but really where does this family get any money?

Edited by Almost 3000
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Has she been secretly watching Game of Thrones?

This passed as a hymn in my childhood church. The theme is basically "work work work work work work work because before you know it, you'll drop dead." I could still sing it for you. lol

The Rodriguez kids should probably sing it at their father. Loudly. 

Work, for the night is coming,
Work through the morning hours;
Work while the dew is sparkling,
Work ’mid springing flow’rs.
Work when the day grows brighter,
Work in the glowing sun;
When man’s work is done.

Work through the sunny noon;
Fill brightest hours with labor,
Rest comes sure and soon.
Give every flying minute
Something to keep in store;
When man works no more.

Under the sunset skies;
While their bright tints are glowing,
Work, for daylight flies.
Work till the last beam fadeth,
Fadeth to shine no more;
Work, while the night is dark’ning,
When man’s work is o’er.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Almost 3000 said:

She has an ESTY account but her stuff is pretty inexpensive so I can't imagine at makes much. It's linked somewhere up line.

oops, I see this has been mentioned but really where does this family get any money?

Based on the hair and makeup, I might guess that Jill's training her girls to pick up work as hookers, circa 1966. 

But the clothes are wrong for that. (unless you're hooking in, say, Mr. Gothard's neighborhood.)

I'm betting they begged the trip money from some sympathetic suckered old lady in a church somewhere, or the like. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1