Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 1/14/2018 at 3:48 PM, lianau said:

I like the description of Daddy Bontrager's vasectomy reversal wedding speech . They really don't understand how strange that was .

Mr. Bontrager shared a message, and the most powerful part was when he talked about the blessing of children and allowing the Lord to choose the number a family has. The Lord’s done a mighty work in our family, because I was supposed to be the last child. God changed my parents’ hearts, and they allowed the Lord to plan their family after a seven year gap. Mr. Bontrager said there wouldn’t have been a wedding if that hadn’t been the case. Joseph, Anna, Jesse, and Mary stepped forward, and tears sprang to my eyes at the amazing, beautiful picture of God’s mercy.

If this clown thinks he allowed "the Lord" to choose the number of children his family had, why then did he just not pray for a reversal of his vasectomy? Why did he seek out demon science to reverse a decision "the Lord" probably "told" him to do in the first place? I know logical fallacies are the fuel on which these people's lives are run and that he privately probably doesn't even believe his own bullshit, but still. Man, these stories are are so eye-roll-y.

21 hours ago, Annb67 said:

Love the tense smiles with these people. 

And their dead, dead eyes. And that fella looks like the product of some high-quality inbreeding.

How do they even know that pleases God. I remember once, actress Sarah Shahi saying in an interview that her very catholic mother had no trouble with her skimpy shorts because God created her body, so she could be proud of displaying it how she wished.

Also, fuck you Jill, shorts and tank tops are not slutty. If you see something sexual in a woman with bare legs and shoulders, that’s your dirty mind, not their body being the problem. 

• Love 21
15 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Where did that chest come from?  Kleenex? Socks? 

And that creepy, mismatched outfit...and the chipped fingernail polish.  What a mess she is.  Her mother wants Nurie to marry a pastor, but that poor girl doesn't have the right image for that.  

• Love 3

My twins are in Jamaica right now on a mission trip.

They were told that the women dress conservatively so pack accordingly. 

Yes, the women dress in dresses and the temps are in the 80's right now.

No my twins aren't there to bible belt and convert, Jamaica is already a Christian nation. They are there to bring school supplies, musical instruments and manly teaching kids about music. They are not there judging the ladies and their dress habits. UGH Jill (Mama) truly needs to get out more. Just because a woman wears pants it means nothing! 

• Love 16
6 hours ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20180117-224955.thumb.jpg.f9afc0fb6507a9e5e67da2cc6ce2bcf5.jpg

Screenshot_20180117-225016-607x861.jpg.88afb77b07fb991c11c52f6d66d96116.jpg

What an insufferable bitch. What's the point of dressing in a way that pleases God when her face is so caked with makeup resembling a cheap 90s prostitute.

I don’t understand this outfit. I don’t know how she even chose this outfit or how it’s modest? What’s with the vest? 

I fell so sorry for this child. She’s brainwashed to be so odd, and it’s not her fault.

Someone really needs to educate her that in a lot of parts of rural Africa (Ive been to Kenya and Uganda myself) women wear dresses/skirts because it’s traditon, and because the culture is so violent, wearing pants is like a challenge to be RAPED. We couldn’t allow members of our medical team to wear scrubs in one really poor, remote section of a city, because only hookers wore scrub pants. Heavy makeup was thought to be far more hookerish than pants, though. 

Not to start breastfeeding drama, but while pants and eyeshadow were taboo, it was nothing for women to totally undo a shirt in the middle of the market or church, pull out a breast and Nurse a three or four year old child. Actually I have seen kids (not just in Africa) big enough to unbutton their own mothers blouses to Nurse while the mom went about her business cooking or whatever. It wasn’t sexual, but by JillRod standards, not really modest to expose flesh in public either. 

We went with the culture to be respectful to them and safe for us, and by no means do I insinuate that an entire continent is that sexist and violent, but Nurie needs some education. 

I feel like there all going to blame her for sin and/or have some breakdown if she doesn’t find a buyer before she’s 20.

I also have to add, because I’ve seen this over and over, JILL is older and out of shape, mostl due to 13 babies and because nobody has their 18 year old body at 38. She covers those girls and rants about modesty, because she can’t wear short or tight herself. But she can pile on hair and makeup, so that’s approved. She doesn’t want to compete with other women (in her own mind) for attention, so everyone who doesn’t wear a burka is a whore.

You better believe if Nurie isn’t married off by 22-23, the skirts will shorten and the tops will tighten. 

34 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

My twins are in Jamaica right now on a mission trip.

They were told that the women dress conservatively so pack accordingly. 

Yes, the women dress in dresses and the temps are in the 80's right now.

No my twins aren't there to bible belt and convert, Jamaica is already a Christian nation. They are there to bring school supplies, musical instruments and manly teaching kids about music. They are not there judging the ladies and their dress habits. UGH Jill (Mama) truly needs to get out more. Just because a woman wears pants it means nothing! 

Thank you! Longer flowy skirts are better sun protection and cooler than shorts. It isn’t just about skirts vs pants and modesty. We always were told the same on mission trips to the Caribbean and Mexico. Also, a lot of women who do wear modest shorts and pants, just don’t do so at church settings. JillRod is an idiot. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I don’t understand this outfit. I don’t know how she even chose this outfit or how it’s modest? What’s with the vest? 

Oh, I've got this! 

It matches because the pink shirt and the pink in the skirt are on the same side of the color wheel and denim is a neutral.

It's modest because it covers all skin from collarbone to wrist to ankle.

And the vest because, despite modesty, everyone needs to be aware Nurie has a waist and boobs because ... babymaking.

/sarcasm

I get why Jill might want to stay firmly ensconced in the 80s (they were her heyday after all), but why drag her daughters down with her? Doesn't she realize that what she sees as modest is more like dated and frumpy?

Seriously, Nurie would much more attractive without the 80s bump and the heavy eye makeup and dark lip. You can tell she learned from her Mama(Jill). But even with a style makeover she'll have to learn to ditch the breathy baby inflection to have a shot at a normal life.

• Love 8

Nurie's outfit is probably a mish mash of donated clothes/thrift store finds. If she throws them all together she thinks it's fashionable. Truly brainwashed and unsocialized. If she would have been allowed to go to school I'm sure she would have a much better fashion sense along with an education on cultures outside the U.S.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

Nurie's outfit is probably a mish mash of donated clothes/thrift store finds. If she throws them all together she thinks it's fashionable. Truly brainwashed and unsocialized. If she would have been allowed to go to school I'm sure she would have a much better fashion sense along with an education on cultures outside the U.S.

Nurie totally looks silly in the vest photo.  And I wonder how many hours it took to turn her naturally straight hair into those Victorian ringlets!

• Love 5
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

No skin showing at all, but I'm guessing this pose is meant to attract a lusty Fundy husband with Nuri's femininity. Just because a body is covered does not make it modest.

17759800_1862699867301691_91615680571892

She really likes this shirt doesn't she?  Its in the picture in the post up above.  I am sorry, but I don't want any woman getting a lecture on clothes from a child who has been raised in an RV by a narcissist of a mother when neither has real life experience beyond grifting for Jebus and avoiding CPS.

• Love 14
On 13.1.2018 at 6:43 PM, madpsych78 said:

Lauren Swanson, oldest of eight children, daughter of Dwain and Lana Swanson (below). They were briefly in an episode of 19 Kids when the Bontragers were also featured (they had five kids at the time). Don't know her age.

dwain-swanson.jpg

Mama Swanson looks vaguely like the crazy woman who chained her 13 kids  to their beds . Maybe there is a universal crazy look ?

On 17.1.2018 at 3:58 PM, yogi2014L said:

Anyone following that horrendous story about the family in CA who shackled their kids to the beds? Kids were malnourished, adult children dressed like kids, homeschooled...I couldn't help but think of Jill R and her children. I hope this sparks someone close to them  to hopefully keep an extra eye out on the Rodriguii family...

While the Rodriguii are horrible , I'm not sure Jill is keen on hiding and isolation to that degree , can't pimp out your vocal geniuses on facebook if they're chained in their beds (well , except that  baby cage in the closet  )

5 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Where did that chest come from?  Kleenex? Socks? 

What's Jill gonna do if the can't sell off Nurie?  Lots more girls in that family.

Maybe Nellie Oleson told her to use apples .

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Nice of Jill's PRECIOUS daughter to call American women "sluttish".  What ever happened to Judge not, lest ye be judged?"

I actually wonder if she really used that word at all, or if it's just JRod's overdramatization of what she said.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Matryoshka said:

I actually wonder if she really used that word at all, or if it's just JRod's overdramatization of what she said.

I wonder if she said anything at all, or if the call really happened!

• Love 13
6 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I fell so sorry for this child. She’s brainwashed to be so odd, and it’s not her fault.

Someone really needs to educate her that in a lot of parts of rural Africa (Ive been to Kenya and Uganda myself) women wear dresses/skirts because it’s traditon, and because the culture is so violent, wearing pants is like a challenge to be RAPED. We couldn’t allow members of our medical team to wear scrubs in one really poor, remote section of a city, because only hookers wore scrub pants. Heavy makeup was thought to be far more hookerish than pants, though. 

Not to start breastfeeding drama, but while pants and eyeshadow were taboo, it was nothing for women to totally undo a shirt in the middle of the market or church, pull out a breast and Nurse a three or four year old child. Actually I have seen kids (not just in Africa) big enough to unbutton their own mothers blouses to Nurse while the mom went about her business cooking or whatever. It wasn’t sexual, but by JillRod standards, not really modest to expose flesh in public either. 

We went with the culture to be respectful to them and safe for us, and by no means do I insinuate that an entire continent is that sexist and violent, but Nurie needs some education. 

I feel like there all going to blame her for sin and/or have some breakdown if she doesn’t find a buyer before she’s 20.

I also have to add, because I’ve seen this over and over, JILL is older and out of shape, mostl due to 13 babies and because nobody has their 18 year old body at 38. She covers those girls and rants about modesty, because she can’t wear short or tight herself. But she can pile on hair and makeup, so that’s approved. She doesn’t want to compete with other women (in her own mind) for attention, so everyone who doesn’t wear a burka is a whore.

You better believe if Nurie isn’t married off by 22-23, the skirts will shorten and the tops will tighten. 

Thank you! Longer flowy skirts are better sun protection and cooler than shorts. It isn’t just about skirts vs pants and modesty. We always were told the same on mission trips to the Caribbean and Mexico. Also, a lot of women who do wear modest shorts and pants, just don’t do so at church settings. JillRod is an idiot. 

I've done mission work in Peru, El Salvador and Kenya.  Adult women in all of those places tend to wear skirts/dresses.  In Peru and Kenya; they are mostly dressed in their native attire which happens to be long skirts.  It's got nothing to do with modesty; it is tradition.  It's also poverty, since most of them don't have the money or access to places to buy anything else.  Often, they're wearing stuff that they or other women in the family made themselves and it gets handed down.  More women are wearing more modern western clothing in these places than they did in the past; but it really has nothing to do with modesty, it's the custom, the norm.  In El Salvador, older women wear dresses and skirts for the most part, but younger women wear jeans.  Nobody wears shorts; it's both due to lack of availability and preference (if no one you know has or wears shorts, why would you want them?).  Women in all of these countries tend to avoid low cut tops and spaghetti straps, but they all will wear sleeveless or short sleeved tops unlike poor Nurie.

I guess Nurie sold enough jewelry to pay her way to Africa since the family could only afford to pay for Chimpy to go.  It looks like the poor girl only owns one blouse and it is butt-ugly and probably was worn by Jill in the 80's.  Between the polyester in her clothes and the spray on that hairdo, Nurie better keep away from open flames.  And, yes, in Africa, it would be considered immodest, maybe even sluttish, for a woman to wear as much makeup as Nurie does.  The garish brick red lips do nothing for her.  Women in Peru and El Salvador often have long hair, but, being poor and having actual work to do; they usually braid it or keep it tied back.  Nurie's hairstyle would be considered highly impractical there.

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if she said anything at all, or if the call really happened!

It sounds like something Jill would make up for attention. She's been on a deleting/banning spree since she posted it. She even blocks people who don't hit the proper "like" button as far as she's concerned.

• Love 8

Many of the native costumes of Peru and Central America are hand-woven and/or hand embroidered by their indigenous peoples.  They are made with great care and worn with great pride, as they are wearable works of art. It would seem to me that they would be reluctant to cast them aside in favor of more modern apparel that they likely can’t afford anyway.  Even a torn garment that couldn’t be repaired would be cut into pieces and sewn into wallets or headbands, etc to be sold so they can buy more materials or a piece of modern clothing. Many of these people are living in desperate and cruel poverty as it i.

And Nurie, many African country have Muslim majority populations where modesty is required. Non Muslim majority countries have dresses and skirts as part of their traditional dress. Also, if you’d been allowed to watch National Geographic, you would know that indigenous nudity/partial nudity is part and parcel of tribal life.  But, Fundies only need ONE data point to prove whatever point they are trying to make.

• Love 10
23 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

You could probably see her bra through the shirt and that would probably be very sluttish, so she had to cover it up. It's an atrocious outfit and her hair is hideous. Oh and fuck you Jill and your fat fuck husband!

Edited by Madtown
  • Love 8

I would think Nurie's actual first phone call home would be "Mama!  They're so generous with their FOOD here!"   I don't know where in Africa she is but I hope she's enjoying whatever her hosts offer her.

• Love 17
13 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

Jill (Mama) posted this internetz FU back in November. Look at us we feed everyone.

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=3363

It strikes me as really strange.

They went to someone else’s house.  This is the first time I say Angry Olivia smile since she’s got her own full plate of food. 4 Noyes siblings means the other 3 siblings average 6 kids apiece.  A far more manageable family size.

I travelled quite a bit in Southeast Asia many years ago. I wore loose cotton skirts because they were appropriate in modest cultures, cool, washable, and functional in primitive toilet situations. Things have changed a lot, but simple cotton is still a good choice. If Nurie is running around in that multi-layered polyester costume, an inch of makeup, and a ton of hair, she's sweating up a storm. It isn't pretty, I assure you. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

Jill (Mama) posted this internetz FU back in November. Look at us we feed everyone.

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=3363

It strikes me as really strange.

Remember the speech about "making do with one less chicken leg" with the advent of #13?  That would make me laugh, if I wasn't feeling so sad about it.  Every time I see reference to it I think "Sure, JillR.  Like those emaciated kids have ever seen more than one roaster spread out on your table per meal."

• Love 4

My best friend went to Burkino Faso (then Upper Volta) back in the day as a short term missionary.  She was told by the missionary team to make sure she brought a 2 piece bathing suit, as only pregnant women wore 1 piece suits.  And for a young, unmarried missionary to appear pregnant would be a scandal.  I wonder how Nuri would react to seeing women of every shape, size and age wearing bikinis at the local swimming hole?  Nothing sluttish about that, eh?  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, queenanne said:

Oh my word!!  That hair is ridiculous.  The hairstylists of "Poldark" and "Turn" would scruple to stick it on a character.  Has Nurie always had Betsy Ross's hairstyle with three more feet of hair?

There was a hooker in Season 1 of Poldark.

59 minutes ago, queenanne said:

Remember the speech about "making do with one less chicken leg" with the advent of #13?  That would make me laugh, if I wasn't feeling so sad about it.  Every time I see reference to it I think "Sure, JillR.  Like those emaciated kids have ever seen more than one roaster spread out on your table per meal."

Yes, it's beyond strange how she mentions that there will be less food on the table than there already is.

So her internet FU is this:

"Also, we were so blessed that David and Timothy got to go deer hunting this fall and got 3 deer!  It is a blessing having all that organic venison stocked in our freezer!"  Ymm! 

If they have meat in the freezer how come her kids always look like they are ready to pass out from the lack of food?!?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, CatS said:

Also how would she know the deer are organic? Pretty sure the deer aren't picky enough to care if they're eating pesticides or not. 

Deer are farm raised for meat as well. I think the more accurate is free range.  Texas has a huge problem with diseased deer right now, and whatever they have has become pretty widespread. Wild game, in principle, is a healthier and leaner meat than cattle products.  However, it can still harbor disease and parasites.

i don’t think Jill R understands what organic means. It takes way more than just no pesticides to become certified organic.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Deer are farm raised for meat as well. I think the more accurate is free range.  Texas has a huge problem with diseased deer right now, and whatever they have has become pretty widespread. Wild game, in principle, is a healthier and leaner meat than cattle products.  However, it can still harbor disease and parasites.

i don’t think Jill R understands what organic means. It takes way more than just no pesticides to become certified organic.

I thought these were wild deer caught in the woods. But if they live close to suburbs/neighborhoods, they may be exposed to pesticides people put on their lawn.  We have often have deer in our backyard, but I wouldn't call them organic as so many of our neighbors use pestides on their lawns and many of the pesticides are unnatural. 

Holy wow, I did not know there were deer farms. JillR must have been reading about Heistheway's mom. Next blog will be about how she is feeding the new baby organic Christian breast milk.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 3
On 1/18/2018 at 2:02 AM, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20180117-224955.thumb.jpg.f9afc0fb6507a9e5e67da2cc6ce2bcf5.jpg

Screenshot_20180117-225016-607x861.jpg.88afb77b07fb991c11c52f6d66d96116.jpg

What an insufferable bitch. What's the point of dressing in a way that pleases God when her face is so caked with makeup resembling a cheap 90s prostitute.

F u Nurie and Jill. Oh and by the way, its not her dress that keeps men from lusting after her.

• Love 9
23 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Absolutely.  In Africa, Central and South America, breastfeeding happens whenever and whereever the need arises.  Heck, the Pope, the heretic, went out of his way during Mass to encourage moms to breastfeed their kids right then and there rather than leaving the service.  Compare and contrast with Mechelle who wore that stupid Breast Friend platform/boob curtain even at home in front of her kids so as not to defraud them with lactation.

• Love 15
8 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

To be fair, I believe organic is just one of many, many words that she doesn't understand.   Also, they updated their blog today.  You're welcome.

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=3380

Here is the first paragraph.  I can never understand what compels her to CAPITALIZE random words throughout her posts.   

1)The past month has been SUPER busy! We LOVED the different ways we were able to spread Christmas cheer through Christmas parties, caroling in the neighborhood and caroling to the children and folks in the hospital along with giving them all Gospel Tracts and little gifts in the process.  Our prayer is that during that MOST wonderful time of the year, we were able to TRULY spread HOPE – through the glorious message of the Gospel!!  We hope you all had a GREAT Christmas and are looking forward to this NEW YEAR with great anticipation!  We know that the time is SHORT before the trump will sound and our Lord will catch his bride away to Heaven!  So, our prayer is that we will continue to spread the glorious Gospel, contend for our faith, stand firm on our Biblical convictions, and cling to the OLD PATHS – Jeremiah 6:16  “Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.”

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

We know that the time is SHORT before the trump will sound and our Lord will catch his bride away to Heaven! 

The Trump has been sounding for the last year. But somehow, it hast been what I would call Heavenly. ? In other words, learn to PROOFREAD, Jill.

• Love 22
27 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Does anyone else think they showed up at all those Christmas parties uninvited just so they could score free food?

Like I said without the stink bus rolling around the US I worry as to how those kids are being fed? How many love offerings can they be getting? 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Absolutely.  In Africa, Central and South America, breastfeeding happens whenever and whereever the need arises.  Heck, the Pope, the heretic, went out of his way during Mass to encourage moms to breastfeed their kids right then and there rather than leaving the service.  Compare and contrast with Mechelle who wore that stupid Breast Friend platform/boob curtain even at home in front of her kids so as not to defraud them with lactation.

Brest friend lover here, although I don't parade it around like Michelle did. It is perfect for my 3 lb (and growing!) preemie, but I certainly don't plan on whipping out out a parade float to show everyone how awesome a mother I am. So awesome a mother am I, in fact, that I wouldn't dream of walking around a convention, riding atop a moving vehicle, or "jokingly pushing" a bus while he is using it. Now, where is my Mother of the Year trophy?

Edited by Curly Sue
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Genevrier said:

The Trump has been sounding for the last year. But somehow, it hast been what I would call Heavenly. ? In other words, learn to PROOFREAD, Jill.

You stole my thunder.  LOL

“The last trump” is actually a biblical term referring to the return of Christ and the Rapture. The verse goes something like this..”in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump (et sounding). 

• Love 4