Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Ok, she's gone from service dog to prized heifer?

Bless that child's heart. She has no idea she's a lamb/heifer just waiting to be led to slaughter. 

Shes close in age to Jed and Jer, but they seem to me like wild (feral) little a-holes would would treat wimmen like like they are only useful as sammich and baby makers. Josiah is smug and obnoxious, but at least seemed to have some sense. 

Plus, READ THIS JOSIAH - Nurie is really thin and desperate for a makeover. She is a pretty girl under that 1993 hair and makeup. She's a diamond in the rough, and you could be the Fundie Hipster couple you've always dreamed of. 

• Love 9

What happened to the young man that was a "family friend" and was traveling with them? 

Nuri really is a pretty girl (and would be Josiah's type*, her and Marjorie slightly resemble). Jill is not doing her any favors though with the mid '90s hair and makeup styling. She would looks really nice (and still fundy approved) with very subtle highlights, wavy hair vs the loose ringlets, and a subtle contour with a nude or very light lippie. If Jill is angling for a fundie big fish she needs to stop doing Nuri up the way she does herself up/has done herself up since she herself was a teen.

*I don't know if we're allowed to talk about what we really think Josiah's type is, I know that's not allowed on FJ.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Or Jer or Jed. They just graduated and I think are turning 19 this year.

Oh and Jill R's comment that she is so thankful that Nuri will be staying with them - where would she go? How would she support herself?

I don't understand, is Nurie the new homefooling teacher at Casa Duggar?

• Love 1

From JillR's blog about Nurie, who is staying home until she meets Mr. Right, and then will go:  "It will leave a gaping whole when she is gone."  SOTDRT strikes again (by the teacher no less).

• Love 5

JRod must be getting rather desperate, as she got engaged even before she graduated high school, and got married right away.  And here's her oldest daughter, without even a prospect to be seen.  As loathe as she must be to part from her daughterslave and built-in child minder, it's a smear on her record of raising the most Gothard-y of children whom anyone would welcome into their family.  You can't rise in the ranks if no one takes the bait, after all.

• Love 1

Nurie seems like a nice girl, but would the Duggars or the Bates want to be linked to the Rodrigues family?  If she has trouble finding a husband, it's because of that weird family of hers.  They are just too needy and too desperate for any of the royalty--it's bad enough they show up at all the weddings.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Ocean Chick said:

JRod must be getting rather desperate, as she got engaged even before she graduated high school, and got married right away.  And here's her oldest daughter, without even a prospect to be seen.  As loathe as she must be to part from her daughterslave and built-in child minder, it's a smear on her record of raising the most Gothard-y of children whom anyone would welcome into their family.  You can't rise in the ranks if no one takes the bait, after all.

Several months ago, I called it that JRod had a Duggar boy in mind for Nurie.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Nurie seems like a nice girl, but would the Duggars or the Bates want to be linked to the Rodrigues family?  If she has trouble finding a husband, it's because of that weird family of hers.  They are just too needy and too desperate for any of the royalty--it's bad enough they show up at all the weddings.

I thjnk the Bates would steer clear, unless she's just a really nice girl, which she may be. Who knows if we could get Mama Rose Rodriguez out of the way.

Duggars want potential fame whores, butvid they need to marry off a troublesome boy quickly, they might just look at Nurie. 

• Love 2
On 4/2/2017 at 9:21 PM, pinkelephant3 said:

They aren't posting pictures or discussing it because its the first episode of the new season of bringing up Bates.... It was on the website today. 

Featuring this wedding seems like a very very bad idea if the Bates want to continue to enjoy the spoils of a TV show. This does not look good in any way. 

• Love 6
(edited)
12 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

The Howlers may grow up to be nice young men, but right now they all still seem smug and selfish, and would treat any woman who didn't steamroll them like crap. 

Couldn't agree more. JD actually seems like a decent guy who'd be a good husband, but Si, Jer and Jed? Hell no. They strike me as the types who'd drop dirty clothes six inches away from the hamper because they know their wives would pick them up. I feel bad for any woman who gets stuck with one of them.

Eta: I just looked up Jill's blog post and, wow. That was like the Fundie equivalent of a Russian mail order bride. I wonder which emaciated moppets had to go without dinner because Jill blew the food budget on Nurie's WonderBra. I will say though, Nurie is very pretty. She has kind of a Madonna/Whore thing going on between the heavy makeup, pushed up boobs and floor length frumper, and I can see a lot of repressed, virgin males digging that. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

Holy cow - JRod is trying to auction off her oldest daughter in a big way, in her latest posting.  I wonder how many takers they'll get?

OMG!  I went to look.  A few things struck me.  1st of all that angry little girl in the family photo?  She looks like she is making mental notes of how to both escape and how to exact revenge.  The stank face is strong with that one and frankly I am giving her a virtual high five!  2nd, the pic of Nuri holding the book is downright comical.  She is not unfortunate looking for a 35 year old.  Oh wait, she's 18?  Did the ladies get some LuLaRoe vests?

• Love 5
13 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

JillyRod never disappoints. That blog entry might as well just say "VIRGIN FOR SALE."

She's submissive, she's PURE, she's obedient, she's desperate, she's CHASTE, she's not to educated, did we mention she's SAVING IT FOR MARRIAGE?

JillyRod's grammar and punctuation is so bad, it makes Jill Duggar's writing look like Shakespeare. 

This family is so kooky, I have to wonder if they're for real, or this is some sort of bizarre stag persona to help them grift. When you make the Duggar's look classy and normal, you know something is way off. Way, way off, but not Nurie - she's a Submissive Virgin. Did we mention she's obedient AND looking for a Master? 

Also - JillyRod's family members all look like they haven't eaten in a month (except Mr. JillyRody), but somebody's purchased a nice thick Wonderbra for Nurie! Yes, I made sure I said "WONDERBRA", because it's straight out of 1993, just like JillyRod and Nurie's hair and makeup.

Josiah may be just smug and gullible enough that JillyRod could set a trap and have him married to Nurie before he even knows it. This would definitely ensue enough hijinks for TLC to pick up another season or two. YOU HEAR ME, JIMBOB? Make it so. 

Man is Jill Rod an example of how some people should not home school.  Those poor kids.  I was so taken by the pics of Zombies for Jesus that I didn't READ it until this post.   Although schooling doesn't mean you can actually spell.  My Mormon side of the family all went to college.  If you met them or actually read anything they wrote you would think they didn't make it past the 8th grade.  Not a sterling recommendation for BYU.  Anyhoo, hopefully Nurie gets to escape that existence and reclaim the youth that she never got to experience.  

• Love 1

I also loved how Jill blatantly asks for "graduation gifts" so Nurie can go on a mission trip to Africa. It doesn't get any tackier than that; unless we're talking about wearing hot pink shoes with black nylons for your profile pic...

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I also loved how Jill blatantly asks for "graduation gifts" so Nurie can go on a mission trip to Africa. It doesn't get any tackier than that; unless we're talking about wearing hot pink shoes with black nylons for your profile pic...

Well, that's because Nurie wants to go with her daddy on that 'mission trip' and airfare is expensive!  And Nurie can't go out and earn extra money for it because she is too busy truckin' around the countryside with the family singing group!  The same singing group that apparently provides for the rest of the family's upkeep and will provide the funds to pay for Daddy Rodriguez' ticket to Africa.  Because, even though Nurie has a full time job earning money for the family, she doesn't get to keep any of it; it all goes into Daddy's pocket and pays for whatever Daddy wants.  What Nurie wants or needs is irrelevant even though she is legally an adult and will shortly be a graduate of the Rodriguez Family Academy of Learnin' and Stuff.

ETA: Reading that blog, I just want to smack Jill's hands with the baby trainin' ruler every time she uses ALL CAPS or exclamation points!!!!!!

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, ChaChaSlide said:

What happened to the young man that was a "family friend" and was traveling with them? 

Nuri really is a pretty girl (and would be Josiah's type*, her and Marjorie slightly resemble). Jill is not doing her any favors though with the mid '90s hair and makeup styling. She would looks really nice (and still fundy approved) with very subtle highlights, wavy hair vs the loose ringlets, and a subtle contour with a nude or very light lippie. If Jill is angling for a fundie big fish she needs to stop doing Nuri up the way she does herself up/has done herself up since she herself was a teen.

*I don't know if we're allowed to talk about what we really think Josiah's type is, I know that's not allowed on FJ.

It's okay to discuss kidults over 18. They're far less likely to read here, given that most of them don't watch teevee. OTOH, many fundies are aware of, and have even posted on, Free Jinger. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Featuring this wedding seems like a very very bad idea if the Bates want to continue to enjoy the spoils of a TV show. This does not look good in any way. 

I think the problem is that their key audience doesn't know anything about the wedding and the participants of the wedding. If they were informed of the rapist then they wouldn't want to watch it.

Do they honestly have enough fans to solicit "graduation" gifts for Nurie?

I think she'd be a great match for JD. They're both one of the oldest in a huge family, so if they really want to let God control Nurie's uterus, they know what they're in for. If not, JD has been out in the real world enough to know how to solve that without God's help. Nurie is very pretty, looks nothing like a Duggar, and would probably appreciate the peace and quiet that JD seems to like. 

22 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Selling Nurie and drumming up sympathy for Amy to sell Plexus...all in one day. Nice work, Jillsy! 

Selling Nurie = one less mouth to feed.

5 hours ago, sheshark said:

From JillR's blog about Nurie, who is staying home until she meets Mr. Right, and then will go:  "It will leave a gaping whole when she is gone."  SOTDRT strikes again (by the teacher no less).

Well, the teacher was a SOTDRT victim herself .

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I think she'd be a great match for JD. They're both one of the oldest in a huge family, so if they really want to let God control Nurie's uterus, they know what they're in for. If not, JD has been out in the real world enough to know how to solve that without God's help. Nurie is very pretty, looks nothing like a Duggar, and would probably appreciate the peace and quiet that JD seems to like. 

John David is about 10 years older than Nurie is.  I think he would see her as too childish.

• Love 1
(edited)
28 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I think the problem is that their key audience doesn't know anything about the wedding and the participants of the wedding. If they were informed of the rapist then they wouldn't want to watch it.

You don't think UP is going to promote it as "Must See TV as this week on Bring up Bates, a 30-year-old virgin marries an anal rapist who thinks his victim was a slut who got what she deserved"? 

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 24
8 minutes ago, Nysha said:

You don't think UP is going to promote it as "Must See TV as this week on Bring up Bates, a 30-year-old virgin marries an anal rapist who thinks his victim was a slut who got what she deserved"? 

I think that goes perfectly with the UP branding: "UP is television's trusted entertainment brand dedicated to providing viewers with feel good TV shows and movies for your whole family."

Nothing says "trust" and  "feel good" and "for your whole family" like anal rape and slut shaming. 

• Love 16

I too popped over, Nuri is very pretty (although styled horribly). She looks older than 17/18 though, maybe it's the dark lipstick?

Jill seems determined to get her courting straight away. MAYBE because the girl is spirited and she worries she won't stay pure long if she's forced to wait......I can dream. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

And I bet when it's time for the Bateses to pimp the episode on IG (day of show, as per usual), anyone who mentions Tim Robertson's crime will be summarily deleted and blocked. I think the only IG account where the truth may stand for a few hours would be the one run by UP. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I too popped over, Nuri is very pretty (although styled horribly). She looks older than 17/18 though, maybe it's the dark lipstick?

Jill seems determined to get her courting straight away. MAYBE because the girl is spirited and she worries she won't stay pure long if she's forced to wait......I can dream. 

I'm all for her running off with a biker. Or a biker chick. If only. Those kids are heartbreaking. The looks on the boys' faces, in particular, just kill me, since they don't seem to succeed in keeping sweet to the degree that the older girls do. Can't imagine what's in store for those poor furious, desperate kids. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Those kids are heartbreaking

When I see those pinched, starved faces and then see how fat and well-fed the two asshole parents are, my blood boils. What kind of decent, loving parent (especially a self-identified "Christian") wouldn't willingly go hungry to make sure their children had enough to eat?

• Love 12
10 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

All that is missing is the GIANT FLASHING "DONATE" button. Although she did suggest sending Nurie money (for a graduation gift) if anyone was so inclined.

This could get very expensive. Donating to the Dillards, giving to Nuri for her mission and and paying to see Jessa teach me how to be fashionably modest. I'm going to have to cut back on fresh fruit to be able to afford these people.

• Love 20
44 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think it is because Jill is desperate for money and recognition, and she would like to break in to the cool kids circle. David certainly can't do that for her, so it's Nurie's turn.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

This could get very expensive. Donating to the Dillards, giving to Nuri for her mission and and paying to see Jessa teach me how to be fashionably modest. I'm going to have to cut back on fresh fruit to be able to afford these people.

I know, right???

• Love 1
(edited)

$1600? I'm no expert on plane fares, but that sounds awfully high for ONE person. I wouldn't put it past Jilly to try and grift Chimpy's airfare. I mean, the mission itself is going to cost around $800 (that's what SOS is charging now), PLUS airfare. If airfare is really $1600/person, that means they actually have over $3000 of disposable income but can't feed their kids? What the actual fuck???

I also wonder who's sponsoring this missioncation? SOS only goes out as far as this summer missioncations on their site, but that doesn't mean that SOS haven't planned a winter mission (I think they usually have one) and that the Rodriguii have privately contacted them. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
(edited)
40 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

$1600? I'm no expert on plane fares, but that sounds awfully high for ONE person. I wouldn't put it past Jilly to try and grift Chimpy's airfare. I mean, the mission itself is going to cost around $800 (that's what SOS is charging now), PLUS airfare. If airfare is really $1600/person, that means they actually have over $3000 of disposable income but can't feed their kids? What the actual fuck???

I also wonder who's sponsoring this missioncation? SOS only goes out as far as this summer missioncations on their site, but that doesn't mean that SOS haven't planned a winter mission (I think they usually have one) and that the Rodriguii have privately contacted them. 

It cost me about $1500 round trip to get to Kenya a couple years ago.  That number seems about right to me.  There are virtually no direct flights from the US; most everything routes someplace in Europe (to Kenya, its London or Amsterdam) and the in-flight time from NYC to Europe to Africa is going to be around 16 hours.  Trips that don't route through Europe go through Dubai on Emirates, also a lot of flight time.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, zoomama said:

is he?

oh wait, is he just courting? Either way, he seems like he'd run from anything as insane as JillyRod, unless he is a Captain Saveaho Saveavirgin who wants to rescue Nurie. We ALL *know* (as JillyRod has TOLD *us* with her atrocious grammar/punctuation, that Nurie has FERVENTLY "Prayed" for a godly headship and she is CHASTE PURE WAITING, etc. She's not like all the other 17-18 year old harlots who have had 10,000 partners before they leave their teenage years. LOOK AT HER PURE RACK.

• Love 13

Nurie really is pretty. I found that whole  Wonderbra contrary to all the modesty standards.  She's got far too little body fat to have boobs that big unless she had implants.

As much as I want her away from the crazy, I just hope when she ends up isn't worse.

• Love 7
(edited)

So these Rodrigues people. This mom is a nut job. nut. job. Cannot say it enough. And if the blog post grammar is any indication of their home schooling standards...yikes!

Reguarding T/T. I am sure everyone thinks the victim asked for it bc she enticed him in some way with a bare shoulder or a naked knee...and we know that is just temptation for men who can't control their d**cks.

Edited by geistmadl
  • Love 3

When I see those pinched, starved faces and then see how fat and well-fed the two asshole parents are, my blood boils. What kind of decent, loving parent (especially a self-identified "Christian") wouldn't willingly go hungry to make sure their children had enough to eat?

My aunt and uncle had 4 little ones (3 under the age of 2 at one time) and struggled. She routinely went without so the kids could eat. They stopped at 4 (3&4 are Irish twins) and she took the first position that she was offered so it wasn't completely like these idiots but it made an impression on me. My mom would visit every weekend and buy a boat load of groceries to help too. 

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Nurie really is pretty. I found that whole  Wonderbra contrary to all the modesty standards.  She's got far too little body fat to have boobs that big unless she had implants.

As much as I want her away from the crazy, I just hope when she ends up isn't worse.

She is very pretty, she just needs someone besides her insane mother whose style stopped in 1993 to help her look a little more fundie modern. The brows, curled bangs, poofed up half updo, chokers, lip color, just everything is straight up 1993, and not in a cute retro way.

Nothing modest about the Winderbra, the five coats of makeup, fake claw nails, superlong hair and dresses, etc. that are intended to draw attention to how covered they are. They mention women must wear pants and have long hair to be good Christians. So LOOK - our skirts and hair is the LONGEST. None of these people understand what modest and understated is. 

16 minutes ago, geistmadl said:

So these Rodrigues people. This mom is a nut job. nut. job. Cannot say it enough. And if the blog post grammar is any indication of their home schooling standards...yikes!

Reguarding T/T. I am sure everyone thinks the victim asked for it bc she enticed him in some way with a bare shoulder or a naked knee...and we know that is just temptation for men who can't control their d**cks.

If we're talking about Tabitha's new husband, he said in his explanation of how he became a sex offender (not his fault of course), that they were all drunk and maybe high, and the victim's boyfriend left her alone with him. She was passed out, face down on the bed. Obviously trying to lure him in her unconscious state.

5 minutes ago, AUgirl said:

Honestly, as nutso as JillyRod is, I think her kids would all be rail thin even if they were well-fed, but they do all look hollow eyed and gaunt. Not just thin, but undernourished. The dad sure is eating something, though. 

• Love 3

Forward up to 13:05 in - Jill plays COW BELLS. These people are definitely self taught. I don't know how anyone sits through a service without feeling a mixture of confusion, pity, annoyance and amazement at how seriously this family takes itself. 

• Love 6

I'm kind of obsessed for the evening. Mr Razz is out of town, and without my headship here to guide me, my little woman brain has wasted the evening on youtube. 

Here's another bizarre one. I forwarded through the music up to when the girl Renee? about 13 minutes in starts speaking. These kids are as oddball as their mother. From her on in the clip, they're all pretty dramatic and just so WEIRD. 

The daughter who starts speaking at about 13 minutes in is going to blow JillyRod out of the water with her Batshit Crazy for Jesus schtick. All of her "Mother and Father have made everything SOOOO special, etc." sounds like she's read way too many fundie romance novels. This kid is nuts. The following boy - don't know how old he is, so I'll abide by the rules - he's quite fabulous. Bless his heart. Nurie appears fairly normal. Not sure how, but she does.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I'm kind of obsessed for the evening. Mr Razz is out of town, and without my headship here to guide me, my little woman brain has wasted the evening on youtube. 

Here's another bizarre one. I forwarded through the music up to when the girl Renee? about 13 minutes in starts speaking. These kids are as oddball as their mother. From her on in the clip, they're all pretty dramatic and just so WEIRD. 

The daughter who starts speaking at about 13 minutes in is going to blow JillyRod out of the water with her Batshit Crazy for Jesus schtick. All of her "Mother and Father have made everything SOOOO special, etc." sounds like she's read way too many fundie romance novels. This kid is nuts. The following boy - don't know how old he is, so I'll abide by the rules - he's quite fabulous. Bless his heart. Nurie appears fairly normal. Not sure how, but she does.

Oh.my.gosh!   o_0. Yep, the girl is VERY weird, and I agree the boy afterward is fabulous (and there's NOTHING wrong with the latter)

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, pinkelephant3 said:

Those Rodrigues' are very unfortunate looking 

I don't think they're that bad looking, but they all look like they have nutritional deficiencies - thin, brittle hair, sunken eyes, hollow cheeks, sallow skin, etc. After braces they all have pretty smiles. It's mostly that they all look like they need a sammich and some vitamins, and to not be stuck in an early 90s time warp.

• Love 4
(edited)
20 minutes ago, pinkelephant3 said:

Those Rodrigues' are very unfortunate looking 

I'm sure they get their "looks" from daddy..he makes my little old heart go pitty-pat! ;-)

PS of course people can't help their looks, but he enrages me as being ugly on the INSIDE....because HE obviously makes sure to get enough to eat, even though his kids don't. :( creep

photo.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
To add ;-) and a PS
  • Love 1
(edited)

Guys. Nurie's hair. When I see hair like that, I expect it to have gray roots and reek of cigarette smoke. That's the hair of a worn-out bar hag, not of a sweet young girl!

Edited by Portia
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I don't think they're that bad looking, but they all look like they have nutritional deficiencies - thin, brittle hair, sunken eyes, hollow cheeks, sallow skin, etc. After braces they all have pretty smiles. It's mostly that they all look like they need a sammich and some vitamins, and to not be stuck in an early 90s time warp.

The wee one frozen in the YouTube clip looks like a Caucasian victim of the Ethiopian famine, IMO.  This takes "lollipop head" to a new level.  As for Nurie, sorry Nurie, I know you can't help it, but whenever I look at her, I feel I'm looking at a 40-year-old waitress who smokes two packs a day... Jillyrod needs to get some flesh on her to youthen her up.

• Love 6
(edited)
10 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Well, they're weird because they've been isolated, brainwashed and, in many ways, tortured. They have only one pair of role models, they're forced to follow those people and those people are nuts.

And kids raised in such a situations often become actual caricatures of what their captors are. i.e., they're even odder because they copy the thing through very limited kid-brain lenses .................I was weird as a kid and young adult in some very similar ways, and I'd actually gone out of the house to school and to jobs. It's horrifying and humiliating to look back at what what I was like, and I only very very gradually changed after I went away and I only very very gradually noticed what an extreme oddball I was. I'm odd to this day in some of these ways.

And this is just one tiny part of the damage that those evil and insane parents are doing to these poor emaciated children. I see myself in that website photo, especially in the boys, who have the faces of the outwardly dazed and internally suicidal and murderous person you're likely to become as a child trapped helplessly in this kind of situation. I wish the damn parents would drive themselves off a cliff. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12