Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

The poor new Waller addition sounds like a early aught Power Ranger or a sad attempt at mixing royal names. Either way, new manly man-baby Phillip is in for a rough road and considering his nincompoop parents slapped him into a Tonka Truck for shits and giggles, I don't think it's going to get any better.

Edited by FakeJoshDuggar
  • Love 4

Well, as I noted, Gothard girls don't seem to be encouraged to learn to knit or crochet. Personally, I did have a crochet mentor when I was about 8, but it took about 3 lessons for us to figure out that I wasn't getting it because I'm a lefty. Same goes with sewing machines. :(

• Love 2
Just now, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Either the poor new Waller addition sounds like a early aught Power Ranger or a sad attempt at mixing royal names. Either way, new manly man-baby Phillip is in for a rough road and considering his nincompoop parents slapped him into a Tonka Truck for shits and giggles, I don't think it's going to get any better.

Maybe it's punishment because he has dark hair? Paul and Davia were baldies (as I was). The Wallers are all pretty fair haired, but Pris has plenty of brunette brothers and sisters. 

11 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

He looks mighty skeptical, and rightly so. 

Unfortunately, the poor little guy is trapped in a madhouse, just the way his parents were. So he'll either have to learn to suppress suppress suppress and pray for eternal patience while grinding his teeth to the bone, as they've done, or be a rebel fighting the power to the death. Gotta be a difficult life for a child in a cult like that, no matter which of those types he turns out to be.

Edited by Churchhoney
Because there's only one of him
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, as I noted, Gothard girls don't seem to be encouraged to learn to knit or crochet. Personally, I did have a crochet mentor when I was about 8, but it took about 3 lessons for us to figure out that I wasn't getting it because I'm a lefty. Same goes with sewing machines. :(

I'm starting to think Gothard girls aren't encouraged to learn anything useful .

• Love 6

Looks like the Batseseseses' recent trip to Florida was to celebrate Tori's official courting. I am into the boyfriend's social media, he posted a pic of them holding hands on the beach at sunset  with Tori, hashtagged #iloveyou

Taken at the same time/place as Alyssa's pic. I'm sure UP cameras were on hand to give them yet another season of repetitive stuff. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Taken at the same time/place as Alyssa's pic. I'm sure UP cameras were on hand to give them yet another season of repetitive stuff. 

The Bateseses make their repetitive stuff a lot more fun than the Duggars are able to do. Plus they have Jeb and Callie--so cute!

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Looks like the Batseseseses' recent trip to Florida was to celebrate Tori's official courting. I am into the boyfriend's social media, he posted a pic of them holding hands on the beach at sunset  with Tori, hashtagged #iloveyou

What's the difference between courting and 'Official courting'?

• Love 1

https://www.facebook.com/batesfamily1/photos/a.866915156747697.1073741930.103566863082534/959008064205072/?type=3&theater

It's official, I spend wayyy too much time digging into these families. That's the photo of Tori.

Mighty short skirt your one is wearing. They seem to be getting shorter and shorter. Good for her. She's rather young though.

I think by their weird logic, courting is getting to know you and official courting is "we are getting married!"

• Love 2

To the person upthread who asked about their friend who helped them build their house, did you mean Clark Wilson? I found a blog of The Wilson Family, and it had updates through earlier this year. They mentioned something about lesions on his bones, and getting chemotherapy, and no new ones were found as of February 2016. I didn't read their blog all the way through but it's called The Wilson family.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I like that Alyssa did her own thing & wore hot pink high heels at her wedding.  As opposed to Jill doing her own thing & not wearing any shoes. I still can't get over that. 

A lot of places make you wear shoes for hygienic and safety reasons.  Carpets can hide staples and corsage pins and tacks and bits of broken glass.

A nice silver flat sandal would have been very pretty.  Jilly Muffin's grubby, dirty bare feet look terrible in the stills and photos.

• Love 2

Jana and JD met the Hartonos (also ATI) when they did that mission in Indonesia years ago. Hartono children are attending/have attended Pensacola Christian College and visit the Duggars on short vacations when they can't go back home. 

There's that infamous pic of JD and Jonathan Hartono with assault rifles and wearing bandaleros from a few years ago. I'm sure it's still floating around the interwebz. Some Hartonos (definitely Jennifer, maybe a brother) have been on 19 Kids. 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

There's a picture of a casually dressed Lawson holding a tuxedo clad Spurgie.

I dont think Whit and Zach went. She posted a pic with her and her baby girl about the football game. I think they were in TN

I get that Fundie weddings aren't super formal, but would it have killed Lawson to put on a nice, button down shirt? 

I also saw that picture of Whit, so it doesn't appear the entire Bates clan shlepped to Arkansas for the wedding. On a side note Zach and Whit need to pop out a blessing every year because they make the cutest darned babies. Kaci is starting to look just like Bradley.

Edited by BitterApple

Could be, but looking at the pictures from the reception venue, everyone else seems to have worn the same clothes that they would have worn to the ceremony, including Spurge! LOL

I know some fundie weddings are super casual, but Lawson? He posted some very strange tweets yesterday, one about being kind of out of sorts the night before, and apparently also did so after Jinger got engaged. Remember about this time last year (or maybe a little sooner) when Jinger and Lawson were seen together a LOT? It looked like they were at least in the "getting to know you phase" of a relationship. Hell, JD flew her and Joy to Tennessee for a FOOTBALL game! He spent a lot of time at the TTH, and there was archery. At any rate, I think Jessa started putting Jeremy into Jinger's ear, and by that mission trip in December, Jinger was receptive to Jeremy's advances. Who knows what went on behind the scenes between her and Lawson, but given his tweets and his odd dress, I sense that he was far more attached to her than she was to him. Maybe his song about lost love that he couldn't finish until this year actually has some personal meaning behind it??? 

Just throwing that out there as food for thought. Read his tweets. The one about making comparisons is also pretty telling. 

• Love 13

I just checked out Lawson's twitter, and yeah, those posts were kind of strange. I think it's entirely possible that Jinger and Lawson were in the "getting to know you" phase and the more Jinger "got to know" him, the less she liked. Lawson is a handsome guy, but from what I've seen on BUB, he comes off as needy and high maintenance. I'd choose Jeremy over him as well.

• Love 2

I also think Jessa put a bug into Jinger's ear w/r/t Jeremy, and the mission trip sealed the deal for her. So, by last December, Lawson was old news as far as she was concerned. She might never have been as invested as Lawson seemed to be. She was brought up to "friendzone" guys until courtship so as to not give away pieces of her heart. Jill failed miserably at this, but Jessa took the training to heart to the point that Mechelle had to lecture her to not be so cold, and this was after she and Ben had started courting. I see Jinger in this mold, at least until a settled city guy showed interest...

• Love 3
7 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I get that Fundie weddings aren't super formal, but would it have killed Lawson to put on a nice, button down shirt? 

I also saw that picture of Whit, so it doesn't appear the entire Bates clan shlepped to Arkansas for the wedding. On a side note Zach and Whit need to pop out a blessing every year because they make the cutest darned babies. Kaci is starting to look just like Bradley.

Just checked out their Instagram. Beautiful family. And Kaci is wearing pants in all the picks.

• Love 1
On 10/31/2016 at 9:14 PM, Zahdii said:

I agree.  Within hours of his birth he's paraded in front of camera's so other small children can be forced to give him kisses.  The next day he's dressed up in scratchy, stiff, clothing and dumped in the bed of a rusty metal toy dump truck, placed face down on a faux fur rug, and laid on top of a chopping block.  Because photo ops are very important when a Gothard man is trying to prove he's become a father - again - and this baby is going to be a manly man.  This baby is truly being used as a prop, and I blame his father.

That being said, those knit things he's wearing look too uncomfortable to me.  The yarn looks too thick and stiff, but I admit I don't know just what's best for newborns.  I also have a personal issue with mittens.  It's easy to trim baby's nails so they don't scratch themselves, so why hide their hands and fingers from them?

Reminds me of 'Rosemary's Baby'.  I think in the book someone says they knitted the baby little mittens because he scratched himself with his claws. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Malvina said:

Here we go again with the "y'all" thing. Prissy wrote "You'll" when I think she meant "Y'all". 

I guess Joy & Jana got to babysit all the kiddos including newborn Phillip. I hope Anna doesn't get  baby fever after being with Phillip all weekend..   

BTW,  does anyone still say Double Date?   I don't think I even said it when I was dating 35+ years ago. 

Smugs still looks so pasty & greasy. Hard to believe he's in his late 20s. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

I don't even want to see his face at all.  Anna has that Gothard taught permanent-grin.  Could she look any more rictus?  No way can she be that happpy, but as Absolom mentioned, she's trying to look like she's "all in". 

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

Much as I hate to say anything non-nasty about Smugs, the lighting in that photo is beyond horrible. Everyone looks bad. Even the lovely David. 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Much as I hate to say anything non-nasty about Smugs, the lighting in that photo is beyond horrible. Everyone looks bad. Even the lovely David. 

Well David has been getting that pasty bloated look too lately so I think his ingénue days are over.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

Josh could easily pass for 45 at first glance, couldn't he?  Either Anna is playacting for the camera or she's still all in on the marriage.

I think Anna is still all in on the marriage. She is the one holding on to JoshUa's arm and her smile is no more fake than usual. How Anna can stand to even touch that pig is baffling. She will be knocked up soon and bring more innocent children into this sad mess.

• Love 6