Type keyword(s) to search

Like Sand Through an Hourglass: Behind the Scenes of DOOL

Message added by Door County Cherry

The Behind The Scenes thread is not a spoiler thread.  So spoilers, including casting information, do not belong in here.  The "behind the scenes" information specifically related to casting should go in either the spoiler thread or the Salem International thread which discusses. departures and arrivals thread. 

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, lska said:

Overall, the Last Blast SORAS.  It screwed up a lot of time frames on the show, pretty drastically.  I know there's a lot of nostalgia for those stories now, but I still think it was a bad idea to pair Shawn and Belle and stick with it for so many years.  It ran too many of the relationships of the show through too few people.

Just where my favorites are concerned, bringing Ava in 2015 and acting like Steve and Kayla had no story to tell without her, when they had just been reunited and had plenty of conflict to use.  The writers have kept digging the hole without ever taking the time to rebuild what used to be a beautiful love story.  It's so sad to see Steve perpetuating the cycle of abuse, and minimizing what Tripp did to Kayla, when that is what his story was once about overcoming.

I have always felt that Shelle limited both characters. I always thought it was a mistake to make Belle, Sami's contemporary.  Plus, I always thought of Shelle as being cousins, due to John's years, as Roman and beyond. John was the one that turned the Brady fish market into the Brady Pub...Roman was back, when he did that for Shawn. Days has always been good at showing that family is more than biology. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
On 3/14/2018 at 6:51 AM, Apprentice79 said:

I have always felt that Shelle limited both characters. I always thought it was a mistake to make Belle, Sami's contemporary.  Plus, I always thought of Shelle as being cousins, due to John's years, as Roman and beyond. John was the one that turned the Brady fish market into the Brady Pub...Roman was back, when he did that for Shawn. Days has always been good at showing that family is more than biology. 

And pairing new characters with core characters used to be a good way to establish fresh faces.  At some point around the last blast era, it seems like the writers stopped trusting the storytelling and started more often shoehorning new characters into biological connections with the core families, like the viewers wouldn't care about them otherwise.  It has always happened to some extent, but now it happens 100% of the time.  Eli, Tripp, Paul, Lani, Stefan, Chad, etc. etc. etc.  It's become such an automatic thing that the audience doesn't even those intro stories with the new families to play out, they just expect the characters to be accepted so they can move along into stories.

• Love 4

I remember one of the Shelle actors, I think Kirsten Storms, saying that their first day taping scenes together, one of TPTB told them "You're the new Bo and Hope!" And I think that was a big part of the problem too, that there had just been this decision made that these two new teens (even if legacy) should be the next generation of one of the iconic super couples of the show, before they'd even seen how the two were onscreen. It's tunnel vision. It leaves no room for other pairings. And I mean, original Shelle was fine, but they weren't all that.

Iska, I'm not sure the problem you bring up is so much about not trusting the storytelling as it is that isolated characters are something of a problem in the soap genre. Eventually they have to have connections, and there's two ways to do that - either connect them to an existing family, or bring on family of their own. The latter is more expensive; adds more characters to what's already generally a big cast, making it ever more difficult to juggle and service all the characters; and viewers generally seem to resent new families. The last time I think the show tried anything like that was with Jordan, Ben and Clyde.

• Love 2

Yeah, I'm sure budget is an issue, but we can also look at the way a character like Marlena was handled in the past.  She came on as an independent character, and I think only two of her relatives ever came to town, and neither became a fixture.  She was mostly established through her friendships and romances.  There are other characters like Steve whose families were brought in later, but who were originally established with friends and romance.

Viewers do seem to resent new families these days.  I think it's a problem for soaps, but that there is something of the chicken and the egg to it.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, msrachelj said:

have the forums been down? so little posting here since wednesday. nothing about thursdays episode?

No. It's just been boring and stupid DID crap with Abby/Gabigail/Laura & Chad/Stefan, etc... BORING

9 hours ago, lska said:

Yeah, I'm sure budget is an issue, but we can also look at the way a character like Marlena was handled in the past.  She came on as an independent character, and I think only two of her relatives ever came to town, and neither became a fixture.  She was mostly established through her friendships and romances.  There are other characters like Steve whose families were brought in later, but who were originally established with friends and romance.

Viewers do seem to resent new families these days.  I think it's a problem for soaps, but that there is something of the chicken and the egg to it.

Kate was the last character on this show that was brought in and integrated successfully on the show.  She was connected to Marlena via their long ago friendship. Plus, she came in to help Victor with Titan. She was very mysterious and sparks flew between her and Victor.  You never really knew  if her feelings were genuine or if she was playing for Victor for her own purposes. Sherry did not shove her down our throats. She was able to establish her own dynamic on the show. Plus, she was not a long lost Horton or a Brady. Billie and Austin were already on the show and Sherry Anderson never hinted that they were Kate's kids.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Kate was the last character on this show that was brought in and integrated successfully on the show.  She was connected to Marlena via their long ago friendship. Plus, she came in to help Victor with Titan. She was very mysterious and sparks flew between her and Victor.  You never really knew  if her feelings were genuine or if she was playing for Victor for her own purposes. Sherry did not shove her down our throats. She was able to establish her own dynamic on the show. Plus, she was not a long lost Horton or a Brady. Billie and Austin were already on the show and Sherry Anderson never hinted that they were Kate's kids.  

Still one of my favorite storylines.  That was back when Days valued friendships, where you could integrate characters into the show organically without having everyone's family be the center of their world.  You also don't have to skip on the drama or intrigue; Kate's budding romance with Victor was on equal footing to her friendship with Marlena especially when the show started to reveal what brought them together as friends when they were really young.

Every once in a while we are treated to a "friendship" scene between Kate and Marlena, two characters who have over fortysomething years of history, that is just so comforting.  I wish the show would do more of them.

Can you imagine if they did the Kate and Marlena "friends/history" now as two new characters?  TPTB, would have them both come on and somehow be revealed to be long lost fraternal twin sisters. Lol

• Love 3

What I love most is that Marlena cherishes being a Great Grandmother, while Kate winces.  It's so in character for both  They have had a few scenes where Marlena smirks and pushes that button.  And of course, way back during the reveal @ St Lukes, Billie nearly jumped out of her seat to point out the news to her mother.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

Is there anywhere left to watch Feburary episodes. My DVR didn't record during the olympics, the show was half on the CW and half on at 3am on NBC. The few people I usually go to don't have 2018 yet.

Try On Demand

18 minutes ago, Happytobehere said:

Try On Demand

on demand like via cable? Our cable company was sold to some small unknown provider that does not have DVR service  (I own my DVR). Comcast and Charter both left our area after some lawsuit so we are stuck with some rural local company that charges $120 for basic service like what I had in the 1980's and our internet is too slow in most of the city for prism TV to be launched. 

I have Plex and it goes back 14-21 days but not into feb. I wish Itunes would do a monthly rate.  I have a hard time paying $40 to itunes  for one month when I pay $120 for cable and $31 to hulu , CBS, and Netflix and  Canada TV . It bothers me that Sony is so greedy that is wipes everything off of youtube and facebook and only post a few days on the nbc site. 

1 hour ago, silverspoons said:

on demand like via cable? Our cable company was sold to some small unknown provider that does not have DVR service  (I own my DVR). Comcast and Charter both left our area after some lawsuit so we are stuck with some rural local company that charges $120 for basic service like what I had in the 1980's and our internet is too slow in most of the city for prism TV to be launched. 

I have Plex and it goes back 14-21 days but not into feb. I wish Itunes would do a monthly rate.  I have a hard time paying $40 to itunes  for one month when I pay $120 for cable and $31 to hulu , CBS, and Netflix and  Canada TV . It bothers me that Sony is so greedy that is wipes everything off of youtube and facebook and only post a few days on the nbc site. 

Sorry to hear that. Yes I meant via a provider. I am just getting back (at least thinking about it and that was how I caught up). If you are able to download the NBC app, I know they have old episodes available, but I don’t know how far back their access goes.

@silverspoons, it looks like all the episodes are available at nbc's website, here: https://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/episodes.

You just have to keep clicking the arrow at the bottom of the page for the older ones to load. For example, here is the Feb 9 episode:  https://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/video/monday-february-12-2018/3665520.  So you should be able to catch up on all the Olympics episodes.  Also, you'll have to disable your ad-blocker.

15 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Is there anywhere left to watch Feburary episodes. My DVR didn't record during the olympics, the show was half on the CW and half on at 3am on NBC. The few people I usually go to don't have 2018 yet.

You can purchase YouTube TV and watch that way. 

• Love 1

Read elsewhere that Drake Hogestyn actually had a role on a recent Criminal Minds episode. Good for him for branching out. I don't think he has done anything but Days since the early '80s. I wonder what made him put himself out there again after so long?

(I know, probably $$$.)

• Love 1
4 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Read elsewhere that Drake Hogestyn actually had a role on a recent Criminal Minds episode. Good for him for branching out. I don't think he has done anything but Days since the early '80s. I wonder what made him put himself out there again after so long?

(I know, probably $$$.)

I think Days has some sort of "affiliation" with Criminal Minds.  I feel like other actors have showed up on that show as well.  I know Lauren Koslow has done an episode.

• Love 1

Marci is nominated for Best Actress.  Casey and Olivia for Younger.  James for Best Actor.  Susan, Greg and Chandler for supporting.   Days for Best Drama. 

Can you believe it MM is nominated for Best Actress after two years of taking over for KM.  Nicely done Emmys you got something right.  She can definitely get nominated again next year pending how the rest of her storyline pans out.  But congratulations to her. 

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/daytime-emmy-nominations-announced-2/

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 4

SSH has her good moments. Yes, she can overact wildly, but there's also a reason she's been able to recur on this show for so many years.

MM's nomination is the true WTF one. Please, she's so bland, already couldn't do any sort of passable job of playing Abigail, and is currently drowning in this DID storyline where viewers are "treated" to her playing multiple characters poorly. What a joke.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Black Knight said:

SSH has her good moments. Yes, she can overact wildly, but there's also a reason she's been able to recur on this show for so many years.

MM's nomination is the true WTF one. Please, she's so bland, already couldn't do any sort of passable job of playing Abigail, and is currently drowning in this DID storyline where viewers are "treated" to her playing multiple characters poorly. What a joke.

The daytime Emmys are a joke...

• Love 4

I'd be interested to see what SSH submitted b/c she's just a shrill harpy in most of her scenes. It's like she went to the Norma Desmomd school of overacting and is waiting for her close up.

MM can not act. She's super bland and boring. Nothing I've seen since she's been on screen has made me think, "ooh, Emmy reel!"

Yay for Chandler and Casey! 

I didn't see who from other soaps were nominated. I haven't really watched (or kept up...that's ooc for me) anyone else. I'll always be a Chad Duell cheerleader, though. And I actively root against some...some for character reasons and some for actor/actress reasons: No to Mo and Laura, Yes to Duell, Yes to Tognoni and Bergman, No to Burton. No to FS, Melissa Reeves. Etc... etc... etc... LOL

You should film me watching the noms and then the winners. It's entertaining to say the least. 

• Love 4

So I've been watching the old eps on Bravo at 6am and am watching last weeks and they stopped airing last Thursday and not on guide anymore!  So bummed and I was really enjoying them.  Almost wished I hadn't started cuz I was getting into it and now poof they are gone.  

• Love 2
On March 21, 2018 at 2:06 PM, carrier76 said:

How the hell did Susan Seaforth Hayes get an acting nomination?

Yeah, that was a head scratcher for me as well. Talk about campy!!

• Love 3
On 04/04/2018 at 3:48 PM, Silver Raven said:

I just clicked the link and read:

Adams’ performance earned the talented acor a Daytime Emmy Award nomination for Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series, his first nomination for this role.

Watch the reel she submitted above that just might bring her home the gold.

Ha! They're all about the details on that site, aren't they?

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Stephen Nichols is calling out Show for Steve and Kayla only being on once a week, in an Instagram post.

I'm not a fan of the actor or even the pairing but I think he's either leaving or soon to be. KC hates things like this and it has backfired on many an actor who has called out the show in the past. Hence, why when actors leave after negotiations break down they still praise the show, even though they may actually be mad as hell. Dumb move on his part, but he must be comfortable with this backfiring or else he wouldn't have posted it. 

I find them boring and think one/week or less is extremely fair considering they're still offering him a contract. At least they're renegotiating contracts now that most of them are coming up for renewal. We really need a good thinning of the cast where it counts. 

Edited by betweenthelines
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, betweenthelines said:

I'm not a fan of the actor or even the pairing but I think he's either leaving or soon to be. KC hates things like this and it has backfired on many an actor who has called out the show in the past. Hence, why when actors leave after negotiations break down they still praise the show, even though they may actually be mad as hell. Dumb move on his part, but he must be comfortable with this backfiring or else he wouldn't have posted it. 

I find them boring and think one/week or less is extremely fair considering they're still offering him a contract. At least they're renegotiating contracts now that most of them are coming up for renewal. We really need a good thinning of the cast where it counts. 

I love the actor and his pairing with Kayla, but, I don't think that he should have put this out there like that.. 

I  do think that the cast needs a shake-up.. I would kill off Rafe, get rid of Abigail, Hope, Brady, Eve, Chad, Lani, Stefan, Claire, Ciara, Trip, Roman.   Write Eli, Valerie, JJ, Sonny,  Gabi, and Paul better.  If Wilson gets back together, have Paul go dark and become a thorn on their side.  Bring back, Shelle, Philip,Stefanie, Andrew Donovan, Alex Kiriakis, Mike, Sarah, Joy, JT, Joey, Jeremy, Jack.  Bring on  a big bad that is not a Dimera.  Eric should be a leading male on the show.  Jarlena, Jennifer, Victor, Kate, Maggie, Justin and Adrienne should be playing supporting roles on the show. Sami and Carrie  could come back, once in a while, when their presence is needed.. I would also bring on recurring characters in people's stories and see who has chemistry with whom.

Edited by Apprentice79

It's funny to me that I really love Steve and Kayla now even though I've only known them for the last 4 years and the writing for them for the last four years has been pretty shity. The actors are amazing together, elevate the material and bring a sense of family to the show that really is lacking in almost every other relationship. Their bond as people translates onto the screen in a really special way. I hope this doesn't mean that they're leaving because they are one of only a handful of actors on the show right now that I absolutely think can carry it for another few years (along with John, Marlena, Vivian, Kate, Victor and yes, Maggie.)

We absolutely need to lose Abby, Stefan, Lani, Rafe, Jennifer and Sonny.

• Love 7

Frankly, this show needs all the vets it can get, because the development of the latter generations has been arguably lacking. Sure, they have "popularity", as much as one can have popularity with four soaps on the air. But characterization between the old-timers and the current generation is stark.

At least the old-timers have defined characters and histories (and benefited from good writing way back when). Most of the writing greats are gone now, so maybe it does come down to nostalgia. But I'd keep Hope, John, Marlena (and I'm not even crazy about her), Jennifer (see Marlena), Steve, Kayla, and even Justin, and Adrienne. Steve and Kayla have shown that older characters can still be compelling. (Even keep Maggie, Julie (I know, people!), Doug, and Victor as cornerstones. Soaps still need those.)

So integrate the old and new. But shed the characters that serve no purpose at all. (Rafe, for one, but the list is pretty big). I really can't blame Nichols for calling out the show. But, from GH, I know all too well that Ron can be a very petty ass. So this may not end well for Steve Johnson/Stephen Nichols. And it's too bad. Because he and Mary Beth Evans do elevate his craptastic material, and RC should thank them.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

Frankly, this show needs all the vets it can get, because the development of the latter generations has been arguably lacking. Sure, they have "popularity", as much as one can have popularity with four soaps on the air. But characterization between the old-timers and the current generation is stark.

At least the old-timers have defined characters and histories (and benefited from good writing way back when). Most of the writing greats are gone now, so mayvbe it does come down to nostalgia. But I'd keep Hope, John, Marlena (and I'm not even crazy about her), Jennifer (see Marlena), Steve, Kayla, and even Justin, and Adrienne. Steve and Kayla have shown that older characters can still be compelling. (Even keep Maggie, Julie (I know, people!), Doug, and Victor as cornerstones. Soaps still need those.)

So integrate the old and new. But shed the characters that serve no purpose at all. (Rafe, for one, but the list is pretty big). I really can't blame Nichols for calling out the show. But, from GH, I know all too well that Ron can be a very petty ass. So this may not end well for Steve Johnson/Stephen Nichols. And it's too bad. Because he and Mary Beth Evans do elevate his craptastic material, and RC should thank them.

Ron is not talented to write for rich characters like Steve and Kayla with their dynamic histories, on the show. Since he has been headwriter, he has created 2 alters for Abigail and Stefan O... So, he is a hack. Sherry should take the wheel and right this fallen ship. 90% of the characters, currently, on the show, are her creations.  

• Love 1

Other vets such as KA have been cut down in the past when it comes to their contracts. Most usually just accept it and hope for better in the future. For SN to call out the show, it's an extremely bad move on his part. Just due to the fact the TPTB loathe that type of call out. I think the show needs to build on their next generation, but agree that there is very little potential there aside from Will and a few other remaining characters in that age group. There's too many retcon's and nobody's that I don't care about or have any emotional investment in. 

• Love 3

I think if the show were smart, they would bring in really strong writers and bring back some of the characters that have managed not to get driven into the ground. YMMV, but for me characters like Theresa, Anne, Henry, T, Peter Blake, Theo, Mike Horton, etc could be great alternatives to what we've currently got. Some have rich histories that can be built on and others are blank canvases waiting for further development.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I think if the show were smart, they would bring in really strong writers and bring back some of the characters that have managed not to get driven into the ground. YMMV, but for me characters like Theresa, Anne, Henry, T, Peter Blake, Theo, Mike Horton, etc could be great alternatives to what we've currently got. Some have rich histories that can be built on and others are blank canvases waiting for further development.

Who are Henry and T?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Peter Blake

I don't see Peter Blake ever returning because of the whole mid-'90s real-life soap with Melissa Reeves back in the day. His name has barely even been uttered. I do wonder if erasing him was one of the stipulations Melissa Reeves gave in order to return.

Ostensibly, the show could recast, but everyone he ever interacted with is basically gone (sans Jenn and Abby), so why bother? And recasts are a gamble, anyway.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, boes said:

Who are Henry and T?

Henry was the doctor Jennifer was dating.

T was the friend of Will's who went off into a homophobic rage when Sonny wanted to be friends with him, then came back around and became friends with both of them again.  There's something going on with Brendan Coughlin, I'm not really sure what it's all about, but Billy Flynn made a snarky comment about him a couple of weeks ago without explanation.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

It's funny to me that I really love Steve and Kayla now even though I've only known them for the last 4 years and the writing for them for the last four years has been pretty shity. The actors are amazing together, elevate the material and bring a sense of family to the show that really is lacking in almost every other relationship. Their bond as people translates onto the screen in a really special way. I hope this doesn't mean that they're leaving because they are one of only a handful of actors on the show right now that I absolutely think can carry it for another few years (along with John, Marlena, Vivian, Kate, Victor and yes, Maggie.)

We absolutely need to lose Abby, Stefan, Lani, Rafe, Jennifer and Sonny.

I always find it funny whenever fans make a list of what character should go, they always list Sonny (then go on to cry about "legacy" characters in the same breath, but whatever).  But those who always list Sonny, I know what drum they're banging.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

I don't see Peter Blake ever returning because of the whole mid-'90s real-life soap with Melissa Reeves back in the day. His name has barely even been uttered. I do wonder if erasing him was one of the stipulations Melissa Reeves gave in order to return.

Ostensibly, the show could recast, but everyone he ever interacted with is basically gone (sans Jenn and Abby), so why bother? And recasts are a gamble, anyway.

I would be totally down for a Peter recast.  If the behind the scenes stuff can be worked out, I would prefer Peter to Stefan.  Jen and Abby are a good place to start, but Peter was a full fledged character who interacted a lot with the old cast. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

I always find it funny whenever fans make a list of what character should go, they always list Sonny (then go on to cry about "legacy" characters in the same breath, but whatever).  But those who always list Sonny, I know what drum they're banging.

Well, I'm not banging that particular drum and I could not care less if he stays or goes b/c of the past couple years of how he's written. So it's not always homophobes who don't like Sonny. I think he's a selfish prick who wants his Kiriakis cake and eat it too so... 

• Love 6

...meaning...I'm homophobic? Okay then. Hahaha! Thanks for the smile. I needed that.

Henry was the doctor Jennifer was dating.

Was he? I meant the teen who went to prom with Claire and came out of the closet off screen. The one who was into Paul. He barely had screentime and could be expanded upon.

I don't see Peter Blake ever returning because of the whole mid-'90s real-life soap with Melissa Reeves back in the day. His name has barely even been uttered. I do wonder if erasing him was one of the stipulations Melissa Reeves gave in order to return.

Then drop Melissa. What would we be missing out on? Her propping up her kids? Is she really such a fan favorite?

If the behind the scenes stuff can be worked out, I would prefer Peter to Stefan. 

Absolutely.

Ostensibly, the show could recast, but everyone he ever interacted with is basically gone (sans Jenn and Abby), so why bother? And recasts are a gamble, anyway.

Kristen, EJ and Stefano are still alive (?) somewhere...and he interacted with Laura, Abe, John and Marlena. I think a recast could be great. I would prefer the original actor getting a chance to return with ED though. I'd like to see how much he's grown. He wasn't amazing as Peter back in the day, but I liked his chemistry with everyone and the actor has said recently he'd love to return.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

...meaning...I'm homophobic? Okay then. Hahaha! Thanks for the smile. I needed that.

Was he? I meant the teen who went to prom with Claire and came out of the closet off screen. The one who was into Paul. He barely had screentime and could be expanded upon.

Then drop Melissa. What would we be missing out on? Her propping up her kids? Is she really such a fan favorite?

Absolutely.

Kristen, EJ and Stefano are still alive (?) somewhere...and he interacted with Laura, Abe, John and Marlena. I think a recast could be great. I would prefer the original actor getting a chance to return with ED though. I'd like to see how much he's grown. He wasn't amazing as Peter back in the day, but I liked his chemistry with everyone and the actor has said recently he'd love to return.

Totally agree. Peter is a Dimera, he has a family in Salem.  I would much rather see Peter reintegrate himself into Salem.  Getting to know Chad, the push and pull from Abigail who loved Peter when he was her step-father, to maybe keeping him at a distance.  Whatever may come of him and Jennifer.  Kristen is still alive and well.  Unless Thaoo comes back as Tony, I like the idea of Peter as the oldest sibling coming back to get the Dimeras together. 

Theo's recovery would be a good way to usher Celeste and Cameron back into the fold.  I always loved her relationship with Peter.  The show could use Peter and Kristen's childhood being raised by Celeste and Stefano as a nice contrast to Cameron's childhood of Celeste being kept away from him.  The show has never fully explored that dynamic.  Cameron and Gabi had great chemistry as well.

• Love 3

Ratings news from Michael Fairman's site - 

News - Soap Buzz

Days of our Lives Has Solid Week; Only Soap To Gain Viewers From Last Year At This Time!

Courtesy/NBCSalem has all sorts of drama going down, and mainly from the three faces of Abigail!

As this juicy DID tale continues to turn on Days of our Lives it has put Marci Miller (Abigail), Billy Flynn (Chad), Tyler Christopher (Stefan) and a host of others from and center. Then of course, has been the heartache of Steve (Stephen Nichols) losing his eyesight and several other plots that have made DAYS solid soap viewing.

In the latest ratings for the week of April 2-6, DAYS gained 51,000 total viewers and was up +156,000 from last year at this same time.  DAYS also gained in all the key womens demos: 18-34, 18-49, 25-54.

Also in the plus column for the week was The Young and the Restless netting another +8,000 in total viewers, while adding viewers in the 18-49 and 25-54 demos.

General Hospital gained +7,000 for the ratings period in total viewers, and gained in the 18-49 and 25-54 demo, as well.   The Bold and the Beautiful was the only soap to lose total viewers for the week with -23,000.  However, the CBS Daytime soap bounced back gaining viewers in the 18-49 and 25-54 demo.

• Love 2

Jen Lilly posted a still from today's show of Eve and Brady sitting in the bar, looking up at Chloe and Lucas.  And she said, "Sister better keep her hands off of my man."

Eric Martsolf replied, "That could be the back of the head of anybody."

And Kassie De Paiva said, "We were just having a drink."

• Love 7
On 4/23/2018 at 12:51 AM, WendyCR72 said:

I don't see Peter Blake ever returning because of the whole mid-'90s real-life soap with Melissa Reeves back in the day. His name has barely even been uttered.

Ok, I need to know??

• Love 1