Type keyword(s) to search

Like Sand Through an Hourglass: Behind the Scenes of DOOL

Message added by Door County Cherry

The Behind The Scenes thread is not a spoiler thread.  So spoilers, including casting information, do not belong in here.  The "behind the scenes" information specifically related to casting should go in either the spoiler thread or the Salem International thread which discusses. departures and arrivals thread. 

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I assumed they were going to go with the idea of Nick being gang raped and him dealing with his rage and grief was to internalize that behavior with being gay and gay men, even though that has nothing to do with it.  Nick was definitely someone who needed to be in counseling from his previous issues not even counting the rape. If explored correctly it would of been a decent storyline so of course it was removed and we were left with decent guy Nick who may have his issues turning into a huge homophobic villain out of nowhere.

A skilled writer would have been able to write what you posted above. Everything was rushed during that period  of Nick's  plot-driven villainy and even the Wilson romance was rushed. We should have gotten more insight into who Sonny was and his past, at the same time that he and Will were falling in love..

• Love 3

Not to shoot the messenger, Silver Raven, but that renewal is from February 22, 2017, so I think most of us already saw that news.  I think Days has started calling September their "new season", so maybe that's why that site posted the old news.  Hopefully February 2018 will have similar good news.

Edited by buffynut
5 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

It's $0.99. I got it for shits and giggles. Christopher Sean's is shirtless. LOL

Because of course it is.  Why wouldn't it be?  ::eyeroll::  (Am I the only one that doesn't actually find him super attractive?  Good looking, sure, but nothing off the charts spectacular.)

• Love 2
17 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Because of course it is.  Why wouldn't it be?  ::eyeroll::  (Am I the only one that doesn't actually find him super attractive?  Good looking, sure, but nothing off the charts spectacular.)

I think he's baby faced cute but his body is all man and I'm okay with him shirtless all the time. [/shallow]

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 3

All three of the boys...from Freddie's Instagram. It's an official photo shoot.

Loving the tease (whether officially part of the story or not) about Horita V2.0. Seems like Chandler and Christopher hang off camera so it may be just them goofing off.

3Some.PNG

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 5

The Horita 2.0 tease is hot. For me, Paul and Will (the Guy Wilson version) were the steamiest couple on soapdom - gay or straight. Not sure Chandler can recapture that with Christopher, but I'd like to see 'em try!

• Love 4
On 10/15/2017 at 0:06 PM, Aymery said:

The Horita 2.0 tease is hot. For me, Paul and Will (the Guy Wilson version) were the steamiest couple on soapdom - gay or straight. Not sure Chandler can recapture that with Christopher, but I'd like to see 'em try!

Horita V1.0 was super hot. They should have done more with that.

I'm interested to see Chandler/Christopher chemistry. They're buds in real life so we'll see if that translates on screen like Chandler/Casey did.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

Horita V1.0 was super hot. They should have done more with that.

I'm interested to see Chandler/Christopher chemistry. They're buds in real life so we'll see if that translates on screen like Chandler/Casey did.

Chandler/Casey?  Casey Moss, who plays JJ?  I don't recall Will and JJ ever having many scenes together, let alone chemistry.  Plus - cousins.  Ew.

14 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

The poster meant Casey who was the first Chad...

Ah, thanks!  I didn't think of him, though he is my favorite Chad!  (I don't recall chemistry between him and Chandler though either.)

2 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Ah, thanks!  I didn't think of him, though he is my favorite Chad!  (I don't recall chemistry between him and Chandler though either.)

They had a lot of chemistry. Chill had quite a following. Chandler had more chemistry with him than Freddie. I remember when Will was in a triangle with Mia and Chad. The guys had more chemistry with each other than with her..lol

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

They had a lot of chemistry. Chill had quite a following. Chandler had more chemistry with him than Freddie. I remember when Will was in a triangle with Mia and Chad. The guys had more chemistry with each other than with her..lol

I didn't watch at that point in time, when Mia was on and Chad was introduced; I just remember reading about it.  I think I started watching about the time that Chad discovered he was a Dimera?  And at that point, Will was with Gabi, then Sonny...

Just now, FnkyChkn34 said:

I didn't watch at that point in time, when Mia was on and Chad was introduced; I just remember reading about it.  I think I started watching about the time that Chad discovered he was a Dimera?  And at that point, Will was with Gabi, then Sonny...

I understand.  I feel that  Chad and Will discovering that they had feelings for each other could have been a good story.  Society accepts women who are fluid sexually and not Men. Soaps used to be more daring back in the day.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

They were called, "Chill." LOL. Chemistry bouncing off the walls...especially when they were fighting. So great. Classic.

• Love 1

Just to add that Chandler and Casey Deidrick were best friends at the time who also lived together so a lot of their real life chemistry as best friends translated to Will and Chad's friendship.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Just to add that Chandler and Casey Deidrick were best friends at the time who also lived together so a lot of their real life chemistry as best friends translated to Will and Chad's friendship.

I also heard that they were very mean to Freddie, when he got to the show. In turn, Freddie was very welcoming to Guy, when he came to the show.  Freddie was so unsure about his position on the show, that it was when Guy came on the show that he actually decorated his dressing room.. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I also heard that they were very mean to Freddie, when he got to the show. In turn, Freddie was very welcoming to Guy, when he came to the show.  Freddie was so unsure about his position on the show, that it was when Guy came on the show that he actually decorated his dressing room.. 

What the hell was all this about? 

If this was true about Freddie (I can understand not liking him due to his work ethic by then, but by then Greg Vaughan would have been excused and perhaps even sympathized with rolling his eyes and phoning it in with Chandler "Not-Really-Interested-ButTheGayAudience!!" Still-Giving-NONE-OF-HIS-CO-STARS-ANYTHING-WHATSOEVER" MASSLEY), It appears to be true for both boys and it also appears that no one on the face of the Earth. God help the rest of the earth.

If 

13 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Chandler/Casey?  Casey Moss, who plays JJ?  I don't recall Will and JJ ever having many scenes together, let alone chemistry.  Plus - cousins.  Ew.

As was noted, Casey Diedrick (OriiginalRecipeChad), not Casey Moss....

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

When Casey and Chandler lived together, I believe Camilla was also their neighbor, all three used to make these "funny" videos just to have fun.  The videos were always pretty silly but there was something endearing about the three of them being such great friends off screen as on.

• Love 1
On 10/19/2017 at 8:04 PM, Apprentice79 said:

Which is incredibly stupid.  Poor Freddie.  Bullied at work by two idiots.

And it seems to be happening again with Chandler latching himself onto Christopher Sean.  See, I knew I didn't like that dude for some reason.  It wasn't just the constant smirking.  Something about him irked me and now I know what that is.

• Love 4

Is there an proof, that Chandler and Casey were actively mean to Freddie? 

I've never heard of that behavior nor a bad word said about either one of them. 

Maybe they just didn't get along with Freddie. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Is there an proof, that Chandler and Casey were actively mean to Freddie? 

I've never heard of that behavior nor a bad word said about either one of them. 

Maybe they just didn't get along with Freddie. 

To be fair, these are all rumors. Nobody has ever publicly said anything. The same way that it was rumored that Peter and Kristian were not getting along, at the height of Bope's popularity. They were barely on speaking terms, when they taped the first Bope wedding in England.  Years later, they did confirm the rumors that there was friction, but, they got over it.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Chandler and Freddie were supposed to do a special fan event together weeks ago. It didn't quite happen due to low ticket sales or something, but that says to me they're on better terms now if there ever were problems to begin with.

Since we've discussed Luke/Noah/Reid here before wrt how they fit in with WilSon/PaulSon in tv lexicon, etc...

I met Van Hansis this weekend and he was absolutely wonderful. He was super giving of his time and energy and was quite lovely. 

• Love 5

Per TMZ (I know, but their info is usually legit), Days and Sony are being sued by a set designer after hundreds of pounds of lighting fell on her, causing brain injuries. Makes me wonder if Drake Hogestyn's past injury also had to do with these conditions...