Type keyword(s) to search

Like Sand Through an Hourglass: Behind the Scenes of DOOL

Message added by Door County Cherry

The Behind The Scenes thread is not a spoiler thread.  So spoilers, including casting information, do not belong in here.  The "behind the scenes" information specifically related to casting should go in either the spoiler thread or the Salem International thread which discusses. departures and arrivals thread. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, YupItsMe said:

Ok, I need to know??

I thought everyone knew by now.  :-) 

But back in '95 or so (between Jacks), Reeves' character, Jennifer, married Jason Brooks' Peter Blake. At this time, he and Kristen were first marketed as the "good" DiMeras. (Biologically, they weren't DiMeras at all, but that is a loooong story!)

Anyway, I guess Brooks and Reeves got along well off screen, too, because an affair happened. And as the story goes, Scott Reeves, Melissa's husband, caught them. This led to Reeves abruptly quitting with some doppelganger (but taller) named Stephanie Cameron playing Jennifer for a few years. After that, Corday/Days sued Melissa Reeves for breach of contract and she disappeared to supposedly focus on her marriage and family.

Anyway, Peter went bad and Brooks exited the show. Eventually, the show and Reeves buried the hatchet because Reeves returned as Jennifer a few years after all this...and Peter Blake has barely been uttered as part of Jennifer's history since.

Nutshell.  :-)

• Love 6

And as the story goes, Scott Reeves, Melissa's husband, caught them...

...I heard it was a "Like A Prayer" scene he walked in on...if you can imagine that! Although this could have just been a fan-added embellishment to the story.

Apparently it was during her absence and reconciliation with her husband that Missy became so devoutly "religious". This led into her whole Chick-fil-A controversy, wherein she made a public statement on Twitter showing strong support for the company while it was in the midst of a homophobic scandal. The gay community and many others have since viewed her as a hypocrite for judging people with different sexual orientations and supporting homophobia out of a sense of religious superiority after being caught cheating on her husband.

I kind of hope we see a TV expose on the whole thing eventually. It's definitely one of the juiciest stories in daytime television history. I keep wondering if the actor who plays Leo right now will write the next chapter in the story, since he publicly shamed Missy for the Chick-fil-A thing and is an out gay guy himself.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

No, I didn't know. :o) Thanks for catching me up.

There has also been speculation that as part of Melissa returning to Days, that Jason Brooks can never be asked back, and also the character of Peter Blake will stay shelved.  Now no one knows how much of that is true but it is very strange that the character has only been mentioned three times in the last fifteen years and sometimes it seems like the writing goes out of its way not to mention him where it would make sense story wise.

Now, I fully understand Jason not coming back considering everything that went down, but the character of Peter Blake should be on the show, now more than ever. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

There has also been speculation that as part of Melissa returning to Days, that Jason Brooks can never be asked back, and also the character of Peter Blake will stay shelved.  Now no one knows how much of that is true but it is very strange that the character has only been mentioned three times in the last fifteen years and sometimes it seems like the writing goes out of its way not to mention him where it would make sense story wise.

Now, I fully understand Jason not coming back considering everything that went down, but the character of Peter Blake should be on the show, now more than ever. 

Peter should have been back years ago. I remember Kristen mentioning his name to Jennifer, when she came back.  I always assume that Peter got out of prison and living his life.  

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Peter should have been back years ago. I remember Kristen mentioning his name to Jennifer, when she came back.  I always assume that Peter got out of prison and living his life.  

Lol, I remember that scene. I was so shocked that Eileen was allowed to mention his name.  Part of me thinks it may have been an adlib/shout out from Eileen.  I used to joke that Peter is like the Voldemort (Harry Potter) of Days.  People talk about him but never utter his name.

I almost did a spit take last year when Chad mentioned his brother Peter, during the jungle madness storyline.  Nice continuity.

I did appreciate when they had EJ mention him a few years ago.  EJ was trying to shame Stefano about letting his children down and he threw Peter being in jail in Stefano's face. Great scene.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

...I heard it was a "Like A Prayer" scene he walked in on...if you can imagine that

So, are you saying that she just gave Jason a blow job (and got caught), or did she also have intercourse with him??

• Love 1
  • HATE that Casey didn't win...but can you imagine the reel Rome Flynn must have had to beat him? I love all things Avant related, though so good on him.
  • Sad Chandler didn't win but honestly, Greg's reel was aces.
  • I do NOT agree with James' win at all b/c I'm not a fan of his style of acting...but it's a Days' win.
  • I was Team Anyone But Laura Wright for Actress. Although, I'd have been sad if Marci won b/c...no. Just no.  
  • Cameryn Grimes won for the same show and different character. Have always respected her work.
  • Chloe Lanier is aces. Love her. Love her character. 
  • Writing/Directing/Show: I'm surprised but happily so.

Was sad Eastsiders didn't win but hey, my friend got to go as a producer so that's good. She has tons of great pics with Freddie, Chandler, Greg, Christopher, etc... Looks like a fun night was had by all.

• Love 3

Even though the Emmy's were not produced top notch, I actually enjoyed the show more then the network produced shows. I loved the old clips of the past Emmy's.  Loved not only the old 80's clips but the first Daytime Emmy's outside at Rockfeller Center. 

I'm happy with all the Days wins but agree that I'm not sure James' (Abe) win. His clip was not as good in acting plus the set was so bare bones it sure didn't help me find in believable compared to some of the other hospital scenes that were shown. 

Greg (Eric) looked SO much better to me at the Emmy's. Why does he gel his hair back on the show? His hair looked so much better just blown dried. 

Oliva seemed like she was just like Claire , having her cell phone up in the air and on herself as they announced the winner in her category. She looked less pale then on Days, not sure if it was makeup or she had tanned, but she looked healthier then she has lately on the show (which I realize is 6 months ago). 

I wanted to watch the after show but none of the youtube clips have sound? 

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

Oliva seemed like she was just like Claire , having her cell phone up in the air and on herself as they announced the winner in her category. She looked less pale then on Days, not sure if it was makeup or she had tanned, but she looked healthier then she has lately on the show (which I realize is 6 months ago). 

They were actually showing her sister as they were announcing the nominees/winner in her category. It was half hilarious and half sad.

She did look much better at the Emmys than she does currently on the show though. I was happy to see her looking not as thin and ill.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

They were actually showing her sister as they were announcing the nominees/winner in her category. It was half hilarious and half sad.

She did look much better at the Emmys than she does currently on the show though. I was happy to see her looking not as thin and ill.

Thanks! When I first saw her I thought is that her? But since it looked so much like her but tanner and a fuller face I assumed it was her. Poor Olivia (not a fan of Claire's) but you could tell she was so excited to be nominated and then it was not her on the screen! It is easy to forget she is just 18 while most of the cast she acts with are at least 3 if not 5+ years older. 

• Love 3

I was overjoyed to see Greg Vaughan (Eric) win.  I love, love that character.  His acceptance speech was great too.  I was glad to see he didn't forget Ari (Nicole).  Part of me wonders if Ari would have finally won if she was still on the show.  Back to Greg, he seems just as great a guy as his character.  I've always loved him as an actor.  He was good in Charmed as well.  

I also loved seeing all those flashbacks of Susan Hayes especially the ones with Kristian Alfonso and Tracy Bergman.  The show gave me such a feeling of nostalgia.  Great, great moment for Days.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Did we know Greg Vaughan is dating Angie Harmon?  That's a whole lot of pretty. 

Seriously?  Wow, he just went down in my estimation. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I was completely confused by that because it sort of looked like her but not really.  That is too bad for her.

• Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Seriously?  Wow, he just went down in my estimation. 

Same for me.  Not that he was up much in my book in the first place.

Edited by superdeluxe
  • Love 1
(edited)
16 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Greg (Eric) looked SO much better to me at the Emmy's. Why does he gel his hair back on the show? His hair looked so much better just blown dried. 

I like his real life look better, too...same with Freddie. FS looks so much better with facial hair. He manscapes too much for the show.

I had the opposite reaction to Olivia. I saw her on the red carpet with Carolyn Hennessey and wanted to call her parents and ask if she was okay or if they could please get her to an eating disorder clinic/rehab. 

10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Did we know Greg Vaughan is dating Angie Harmon?  That's a whole lot of pretty. 

OMG, is that why she was there? I was wondering why the hell she had such good seats, etc... I like her. A lot. Good for Greg. LOL

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Prin Holmes said:

Seriously?  What's wrong with Angie Harmon?  Greg can date whomever he wants.

I never said he couldn't date anyone he wants.

I used to like Angie Harmon a lot, or at least I liked her acting.  Then I started to see her in interviews and listen to her thoughts and views on things and I'm not impressed with her.  She comes off incredibly snobby and holier than thou.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

I like his real life look better, too...same with Freddie. FS looks so much better with facial hair. He manscapes too much for the show.

I had the opposite reaction to Olivia. I saw her on the red carpet with Carolyn Hennessey and wanted to call her parents and ask if she was okay or if they could please get her to an eating disorder clinic/rehab. 

I just watched the red carpet and I agree with you about Olivia. I had just saw her sister who was labeled as her during the show. I guess that is why I thought she looked so much better. Not only was she thin, but she seemed so young. Her mom picked out her sex tape with Theo as her best scene to submit? 

Almost 3 hours of red carpet and only James and Olivia were interviewed? I was hoping to see more interviews of the Days cast or even like Judy Mathis or Julie Chen.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Freddie Smith announced today that he has signed a new contract.

Was there ever any doubt? This means Wilson has a chance. I like Horita, but, they are so bland. Wilson has issues that can make them compelling, if the writing is there. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Glad-ish. I really like Chad, I do, but I'm getting tired of Billy's ticks and dread wherever his storyline is going. 

The idea of getting a break from him and Failure was kinda appealing. But at the same time, he's a good actor and Lord knows this show needs those.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4

Kate Mansi is hinting at a big announcement she isn't allowed to say yet.  Maybe she's staying beyond the three months?

Billy clarified that he has a movie he's filming in October so he had to work out his Days contract to work around that.

• Love 2
On May 23, 2018 at 1:18 PM, Silver Raven said:

Kate Mansi is hinting at a big announcement she isn't allowed to say yet.  Maybe she's staying beyond the three months?

Billy clarified that he has a movie he's filming in October so he had to work out his Days contract to work around that.

Hmmm. I'm not really a Mansi fan. I don't despise her as Abigail or anything, I've just really enjoyed MM's take on the character. I'll miss her. If KM is going to stay on with Billy, I do wonder if Chad and Abby will be the endgame couple. I know it's been hinted at that they weren't exactly each other's favs. I'll laugh my ass off if she actually has chemistry with TC. 

I like Chad and Abby, but if they are going to move on from them if Kate is truly only short term, I'd love to see him mix it up with Theresa. I just wasn't into him and Gabi. 

• Love 4
(edited)
On May 27, 2018 at 11:21 AM, Rowan said:

Hmmm. I'm not really a Mansi fan. I don't despise her as Abigail or anything, I've just really enjoyed MM's take on the character. I'll miss her. If KM is going to stay on with Billy, I do wonder if Chad and Abby will be the endgame couple. I know it's been hinted at that they weren't exactly each other's favs. I'll laugh my ass off if she actually has chemistry with TC. 

I like Chad and Abby, but if they are going to move on from them if Kate is truly only short term, I'd love to see him mix it up with Theresa. I just wasn't into him and Gabi. 

Although I wouldn't want them to go there, I saw a little something there between Stefan and Kate. He actually showed a little energy in his scenes with her.

Edited by Sidney
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Sidney said:

I saw a little something there between Stefan and Kate. He actually showed a little energy in his scenes with her.

It may not be the case for everyone, but I believe when one actor has scenes with another they respect, it makes them all the better. 

I wouldn't violently object to Stefan/Kate pairing because they are two of a kind IMO.

• Love 4

I'm already eagerly awaiting the "Who Killed Stefan/Who cares?!" plot.

Deimos was ruined a few months into his run but hung around forever. I have no patience left for this bozo.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Jeez, I dared to comment on Twitter that I thought the show had ruined Sonny and you'd think I killed somebody.

1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

So, they came for you.. Tweeter is a cesspool..

It's like Twitter offers a two for one special on nutjobs over there.  

• Love 4
On 5/30/2018 at 10:08 PM, Silver Raven said:

Jeez, I dared to comment on Twitter that I thought the show had ruined Sonny and you'd think I killed somebody.

On 5/30/2018 at 10:15 PM, Apprentice79 said:

So, they came for you.. Tweeter is a cesspool..

I dropped all social media except Instagram for reasons like that. People are horrid when they can be anonymous. At least we're civil here when we disagree.

Although I agree with you 100% on Sonny. He's a dick. He deserves this Leo crap.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, superdeluxe said:

Oh, yeah.  Sonny deserves to be sued for sexual harassment.

And Instagram is no better than Twitter.  I've seen way more nonsense and garbage on there than Twitter.

I haven't seen that. I don't read comments on others' posts and I generally only follow positive people. But yeah, I'm sure it exists there..