Type keyword(s) to search

Like Sand Through an Hourglass: Behind the Scenes of DOOL

Message added by Door County Cherry

The Behind The Scenes thread is not a spoiler thread.  So spoilers, including casting information, do not belong in here.  The "behind the scenes" information specifically related to casting should go in either the spoiler thread or the Salem International thread which discusses. departures and arrivals thread. 

• Start Topic

Didn't know that part. Cripes, man.

You might also come across some hate online towards Missy/Jennifer Horton. She had an affair with costar Jason Brooks/Peter Blake back in the 90s and her husband found out. She abruptly left the show and only returned with a contract that (supposedly) stated Brooks would never be around or referenced with regards to Jennifer again. She became very "religious" in the aftermath, and years later when fast food restaurant Chick-Fil-A was caught up in a scandal over homophobic attitudes, Missy Tweeted her support of the company in a really loud way. She didn't say anything homophobic herself, but the message was clear. She's been viewed as a hypocritical judgmental church lady by many since. 

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Didn't know that part. Cripes, man.

You might also come across some hate online towards Missy/Jennifer Horton. She had an affair with costar Jason Brooks/Peter Blake back in the 90s and her husband found out. She abruptly left the show and only returned with a contract that (supposedly) stated Brooks would never be around or referenced with regards to Jennifer again. She became very "religious" in the aftermath, and years later when fast food restaurant Chick-Fil-A was caught up in a scandal over homophobic attitudes, Missy Tweeted her support of the company in a really loud way. She didn't say anything homophobic herself, but the message was clear. She's been viewed as a hypocritical judgmental church lady by many since. 

Which has led some to comment that her appearance on screen shows that the makeup and wardrobe people on the show hate her.

• Love 5
On 1/12/2018 at 0:51 PM, kassandra8286 said:

I'm just curious, why do you dislike Freddie Smith? I don't follow actors or pay much attention to what they say or do IRL, has he been obnoxious in some way? Inquiring minds want to know, lol.

I only recently started watching again, mainly because I heard Will was alive and CM had returned. I stopped watching around the time Sami left, before Will was killed but after Guy Wilson took over. As I recall Freddie/Sonny was pretty well liked around here, but of course back then he was pretty non-offensive, just running the coffee shop with Chad and being a supportive boyfriend/husband. It's kind of funny to come back and find him so hated. I do have to roll my eyes at him somehow being qualified to be CEO of Titan Well, Chad too for that matter. Please. Along with JJ fast-tracking it from college/high school dropout to detective in two years (I assumed he was a patrol officer until Hope called him detective yesterday). But hey, obviously it pays to have connections lol.

On 1/12/2018 at 2:53 PM, Silver Raven said:

He and his girlfriend run a pyramid scheme direct marketing program.

It's not that he runs the MLM/scheme thing in and of itself. To each their own. It's a couple of things related to that:

• He uses his fandom to profit in the MLM by leveraging his "celebrity." It's squicky.
  • He had 3 voices... Freddie. Sonny. MLM. And now they're all one voice. He uses his sales pitch voice 24/7. 
  • Love 3
On 1/16/2018 at 7:30 AM, swtrgrl said:

It's not that he runs the MLM/scheme thing in and of itself. To each their own. It's a couple of things related to that:

• He uses his fandom to profit in the MLM by leveraging his "celebrity." It's squicky.
  • He had 3 voices... Freddie. Sonny. MLM. And now they're all one voice. He uses his sales pitch voice 24/7. 

That’s it?  That’s not a reason to hate someone.  Unless it has affected you personally.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

That’s it?  That’s not a reason to hate someone.  Unless it has affected you personally.

I don't hate anyone. Did I type hate? I dislike him and his money grubbing shilling. I'm allowed to dislike people for whatever. I'm just saying that his real life oozes grossly into his on screen persona and I don't care for it. It's made me not like Sonny (combined with the way Sonny was being written). 

• Love 5

Daytime Emmy season is officially underway, and the first round of voting is complete. The prenominated actors below will advance to the Blue Ribbon round, where the top vote-getters will receive nominations in the acting categories. The nominations will be announced on March 21, and the awards show will take place on April 29.

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES

Sharon Case, as Sharon Newman (Y&R)

Eileen Davidson, as Ashley Abbott (Y&R)

Melissa Claire Egan, as Chelsea Newman (Y&R)

Judi Evans, as Adrienne Kiriakis/Bonnie Lockhart (DAYS)

Mary Beth Evans, as Kayla Johnson (DAYS)

Nancy Lee Grahn, as Alexis Davis (GH)

Marci Miller, as Abigail Deveraux (DAYS)

Kelly Monaco, as Sam McCall (GH)

Gina Tognoni, as Phyllis Summers (Y&R)

Maura West, as Ava Jerome (GH)

Laura Wright, as Carly Corinthos (GH)

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES 

Peter Bergman, as Jack Abbott (Y&R)

Scott Clifton, as Liam Spencer (B&B)

Michael Easton, as Hamilton Finn (GH)

Billy Flynn, as Chad DiMera (DAYS)

Galen Gering, as Rafe Hernandez (DAYS)

Eric Martsolf, as Brady Black (DAYS)

John McCook, as Eric Forrester (B&B)

Billy Miller, as Jason Morgan/Drew (GH)

Stephen Nichols, as Steve “Patch” Johnson (DAYS)

James Reynolds, as Abe Carver (DAYS)

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES 

Marla Adams, as Dina Mergeron (Y&R)

Nadia Bjorlin, as Chloe Lane (DAYS)

Eileen Davidson, as Susan Banks/Kristen DiMera/Sister Mary Moira (DAYS)

Camryn Grimes, as Mariah Copeland (Y&R)

Susan Hayes, as Julie Williams (DAYS)

Elizabeth Hendrickson, as Chloe Mitchell (Y&R)

Lisa LoCicero, as Olivia Falconeri (GH)

Jacqueline MacInnes Wood, as Steffy Forrester Spencer (B&B)

Mishael Morgan, as Hilary Curtis (Y&R)

Arianne Zucker, as Nicole Walker (DAYS)

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES 

Darin Brooks, as Wyatt Spencer (B&B)

Steve Burton, as Jason Morgan/Patient 6 (GH)

Chad Duell, as Michael Corinthos (GH)

Bryton James, as Devon Hamilton (Y&R)

Wally Kurth, as Ned Quartermaine (GH)

Chandler Massey, as Will Horton (DAYS)

Anthony Montgomery, as Dr Andre Maddox (GH)

Greg Rikaart, as Kevin Baldwin (Y&R)

James Patrick Stuart, as Valentin Cassadine (GH)

Greg Vaughan, as Eric Brady (DAYS)

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES

Reign Edwards, as Nicole Avant Forrester (B&B)

Hayley Erin, as Kiki Jerome (GH)

Cait Fairbanks, as Tessa Porter (Y&R)

Courtney Grosbeck, as Coco Spectra (B&B)

Olivia Rose Keegan, as Claire Brady (DAYS)

Victoria Konefal, as Ciara Brady (DAYS)

Chloe Lanier, as Nelle Benson (GH)

Eden McCoy, as Josslyn Jacks (GH)

Paige Searcy, as Jade Michaels (DAYS)

Lexie Stevenson, as Mattie Ashby (Y&R)

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES

Lucas Adams, as Tripp Dalton (DAYS)

Rome Flynn, as Zende Forrester (B&B)

Pierson Fode, as Thomas Forrester (B&B)

Noah Alexander Gerry, as Charlie Ashby (Y&R)

James Lastovic, as Joey Johnson (DAYS)

Tristan Lake Leabu, as Reed Hellstrom (Y&R)

Casey Moss, as JJ Deveraux (DAYS)

Garren Stitt, as Oscar Nero (GH)

Anthony Turpel, as Ridge Forrester Jr “RJ” (B&B)

Hudson West, as Jake Webber (GH)

HOW DID ONE OF THE WORST ACTORS IN DAYTIME...  GG OF DAYS... GOT BEST LEADING ACTOR NOMINATION WHEN HE ROAD THE COATAILS OF KA AND AS!  SNUFFLEUPAGUS IS A NOMINEE FOR BEST LEAD ACTOR... LMFAO...  THE EMMYS IS A FUCKING JOKE TOTAL POLITICS. IT MUST BE NICE TO STILL BE A PRODUCER OF THAT WEBSOAP WITH CHAPPELL AND LANG   

Edited by BlackMamba
20 minutes ago, boes said:

The Daytime Emmys anymore have all the commitment to excellence, importance and reality of a Kindergarten graduation. 

Without the talent. 

The fact Bryan Dattilo and Don Diamont got snubbed in Lead and they gave it to Galen and Michael Easton is a load.  

Lauren Koslow and Camilla Banus got snubbed too with the great work. they did the 2nd half  of 2017.

But you can tell what nominations belong to Denas vs Rons on Days thats for damn sure. Marci's lead nomination came from when Abby got ran over was RC.  MBE and SN was Denas.  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, BlackMamba said:

The fact Bryan Dattilo and Don Diamont got snubbed in Lead and they gave it to Galen and Michael Easton is a load.  

Lauren Koslow and Camilla Banus got snubbed too with the great work. they did the 2nd half  of 2017.

But you can tell what nominations belong to Denas vs Rons on Days thats for damn sure. Marci's lead nomination came from when Abby got ran over was RC.  MBE and SN was Denas.  

Don't forget Christopher who was awesome in his scenes. I may dislike Paul, but, I think that Christopher is a good actor.. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Don't forget Christopher who was awesome in his scenes. I may dislike Paul, but, I think that Christopher is a good actor.. 

Oh I like Horita ? But yes he was good in the wedding drama and break up scenes with Sonny. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, BlackMamba said:

I don't disagree that Bryan had good material to submit but he has never been a Lead Actor on this show. He has always been supporting.

Galen? Seriously, for what?

• Love 2
On 1/25/2018 at 4:33 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

I wish the young man who played Theo (Kyler?) had been nominated for Younger Actor...I always enjoyed his portrayal.

I was just going to say this.  Casey Moss and the guy who plays Tripp are good too, but the kid who played Joey over Kyler????  No way.  And Susan Hayes?  Olivia Rose Keegan?  

These are just preliminary nominations so I'm not too concerned that they'll make the final round, but still.  Some very odd nominations.  How do they choose between lead and supporting, anyway?  Abe is not a "lead," IMO, especially if Nicole is "supporting." Makes no sense.

• Love 2
On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:14 AM, BlackMamba said:

HOW DID ONE OF THE WORST ACTORS IN DAYTIME...  GG OF DAYS... GOT BEST LEADING ACTOR NOMINATION

I'll take Galen Gering a million times over before James Lastovic (ex-Joey, Days) any day of the week!! 

Joey was a zombie...barely awake through any of his scenes and exhibited ZERO personality. At least Rafe is somewhat animated, even if it's low key.

• Love 4
On 1/25/2018 at 3:33 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

I wish the young man who played Theo (Kyler?) had been nominated for Younger Actor...I always enjoyed his portrayal.

12 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I was just going to say this.  Casey Moss and the guy who plays Tripp are good too, but the kid who played Joey over Kyler????  No way.  And Susan Hayes?  Olivia Rose Keegan?  

These are just preliminary nominations so I'm not too concerned that they'll make the final round, but still.  Some very odd nominations.  How do they choose between lead and supporting, anyway?  Abe is not a "lead," IMO, especially if Nicole is "supporting." Makes no sense.

He must’ve didn’t submit himself because for the younger actor categories, all you have to do is submit yourself and you automatically get a pre-nom.

On 1/27/2018 at 6:26 AM, superdeluxe said:

He must’ve didn’t submit himself because for the younger actor categories, all you have to do is submit yourself and you automatically get a pre-nom.

Isn't production behind who gets nominated for what category?  From what I've heard each show is designated a certain amount of slots for each category, and production is behind who gets nominated in what category.

Edited by sugarbaker design

I'm watching the Thaao Dishin Days episode/interview and from the way he's talking, he not only didn't know Andre was going to get killed, but he resented seeing the slow burn for Kandre rendered pointless by Andre's death.

I also didn't get a sense that Tony would return. One fan called in and said she hoped for more scenes between him and Leanne as Tony and Anna and he seemed blase, saying she was a generous costar.

He could be concealing plot twists of course, but honestly he sounded a bit over it.

• Love 5

Freddie looks good in this picture. This is how the show should style Sonny. I love his beard. I don't know why the show does not let men have facial hair. Every man on the show has to be muscular, clean-shaven with no body hair. 

Chad and JJ are very hairy. Will has hair on his chest.

I'm a few weeks behind on watching since our cable company switched boxes and NBC affiliates so I didn't want to look too much in case of spoilers, but is there any word on renewal past September of 2018? Last year the announced at the last minute in Feb. The only article I saw said that Will (Chandler) had a contract through March of 2018 and if the show gets picked up his contract will run till March of 2019. I would think if the show was going to stop filming in March forever , we would be hearing rumors at least. As much as I don't always love the storylines I'm a viewers since the early 80's and have every episode I have watched saved so I'm hoping they find a way to keep the show going. 

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

I'm a few weeks behind on watching since our cable company switched boxes and NBC affiliates so I didn't want to look too much in case of spoilers, but is there any word on renewal past September of 2018? Last year the announced at the last minute in Feb. The only article I saw said that Will (Chandler) had a contract through March of 2018 and if the show gets picked up his contract will run till March of 2019. I would think if the show was going to stop filming in March forever , we would be hearing rumors at least. As much as I don't always love the storylines I'm a viewers since the early 80's and have every episode I have watched saved so I'm hoping they find a way to keep the show going. 

We don't know anything, yet. However, since Megyn Kelly's show is a disaster, ratings wise, it might stave off cancellation of our show, for another talk show.  I bitch about the show all of the time, but, I want it to continue for a long time. I wish that the production value of the show would go up. It looks cheaply made and put together.  

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

We don't know anything, yet. However, since Megyn Kelly's show is a disaster, ratings wise, it might stave off cancellation of our show, for another talk show.  I bitch about the show all of the time, but, I want it to continue for a long time. I wish that the production value of the show would go up. It looks cheaply made and put together.  

Thanks! I also hope they don't give Megan a show. Days seems to hover at the 2.4-2.6 million viewers (and I firmly believe those numbers are low, My city has a constant battle with NBC affiliates and so I have a friend that send me 2 weeks on a disc at a time and I pass the discs on to my neighbors, teachers, my mom's friends so one viewer is counted but at least 10 or more people watch from it, the lack of an on demand/hulu/all access type option stinks). 2.4-2.5 million viewers is decent for daytime, sure there are a few big shows with better ratings, but plenty of shows that pay hosts or anchors big bucks and get a around a million viewers. I wonder how many markets are like mine that Days comes on at 1-3am and daytime is filled with local programs? 

I agree the show looks cheap. I try hard to look past the bedrooms and hotel rooms that all look the same (just change the comforter) or that cabin that was Chloe's, then in Canada, then Eric's, then the place Raines took Gabby etc. I wish they could tape outside again. I'm not talking the 1980's of New Orleans or Miami or London but just outdoor Salem place (or now Horton Square). If I'm correct I remember they said that all they did was pull some sets right outside the studio and film Salem place in the outdoors. Would it be that hard to pull the sets out. Didn't Bryan (Lucas)work on doing the sets when he is not full time on the schedule, he could pull a few benches outside? 

Reguardless of the cheap sets , it is about the story lines and the acting. I remember they used to have those pull down scenes in the background(like those old photo studios) but it was the story that kept people watching.  They just need to keep focus on Love stories, real life well written illnesses or life events and mystery plots. I hated the outcome of the serial killer, everyone is alive on the island, but I sure watched everyday with my husband, comparing gloves and hand sizes and heights. They had oppuntunites with cancer twice Kate and Adrianne to show a real moving story line that viewers would relate to but they treated cancer both time IMO as pretty easy compared to real life. I relaize soaps are an escape but if they are not realistic the escape is frustrating.

Edited by silverspoons
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

Thanks! I also hope they don't give Megan a show. Days seems to hover at the 2.4-2.6 million viewers (and I firmly believe those numbers are low, My city has a constant battle with NBC affiliates and so I have a friend that send me 2 weeks on a disc at a time and I pass the discs on to my neighbors, teachers, my mom's friends so one viewer is counted but at least 10 or more people watch from it, the lack of an on demand/hulu/all access type option stinks). 2.4-2.5 million viewers is decent for daytime, sure there are a few big shows with better ratings, but plenty of shows that pay hosts or anchors big bucks and get a around a million viewers. I wonder how many markets are like mine that Days comes on at 1-3am and daytime is filled with local programs? 

I agree the show looks cheap. I try hard to look past the bedrooms and hotel rooms that all look the same (just change the comforter) or that cabin that was Chloe's, then in Canada, then Eric's, then the place Raines took Gabby etc. I wish they could tape outside again. I'm not talking the 1980's of New Orleans or Miami or London but just outdoor Salem place (or now Horton Square). If I'm correct I remember they said that all they did was pull some sets right outside the studio and film Salem place in the outdoors. Would it be that hard to pull the sets out. Did Bryan work on doing the sets when he is not full time on the schedule, he could pull a few benches outside? 

Reguardless of the cheap sets , it is about the story lines and the acting. I remember they used to have those pull down scenes in the background(like those old photo studios) but it was the story that kept people watching.  They just need to keep focus on Love stories, real life well written illnesses or life events and mystery plots. I hated the outcome of the serial killer, everyone is alive on the island, but I sure watched everyday with my husband, comparing gloves and hand sizes and heights. They had oppuntunites with cancer twice Kate and Adrianne to show a real moving story line that viewers would relate to but they treated cancer both time IMO as pretty easy compared to real life. I relaize soaps are an escape but if they are not realistic the escape is frustrating.

Well said. I wish that the show would put some effort into the show. That is not so hard to do.  The show has a rich history and it boggles my mind that they refuse to use it..

Adrienne's cancer had the opportunity to showcase the Johnson family and could have brought in Adrienne's other sons, as Adrienne fights for her life. We could have seen the highs and lows associated with her illness. Her mother Jo could have come in. I wanted Erika Slezak to play her..  

I have heard that Days is on Demand.  

• Love 3
On 2/9/2018 at 9:57 AM, Apprentice79 said:

Freddie looks good in this picture. This is how the show should style Sonny. I love his beard. I don't know why the show does not let men have facial hair. Every man on the show has to be muscular, clean-shaven with no body hair. 

I agree. I've never thoguht FS was attractive but he almost hits the buttons when he's got facial hair. LOL
And...I guess they're engaged to be engaged?

• Love 2

I watched the last two eps of Dishin' Days, and they were pretty entertaining. What struck me was that Sal Stowers actually has an engaging personality in real life.  Why doesn't she try to bring that to her boring character?

• Love 3
16 hours ago, bannana said:

I watched the last two eps of Dishin' Days, and they were pretty entertaining. What struck me was that Sal Stowers actually has an engaging personality in real life.  Why doesn't she try to bring that to her boring character?

"Acting?" LOL

• Love 4