Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

On 2/1/2022 at 3:59 PM, cmr2014 said:

My personal theory (based on no information other than what I've seen on tv) is that J'chelle suffered some sort of trauma, like sexual abuse, in her youth and all of this bs is a coping mechanism for her. Being pregnant all the time allowed her to be sexual, and revel in her sexuality, without being sexually objectified. There is obviously nothing more openly sexual and fertile than being pregnant, on the other hand, pregnant women are usually not sexualized by the the male population at large. Being pregnant allowed her to be both sexual and safe at the same time.

I always took it that Michelle & JB actually did have a strong chemistry and were hot for each other. I think Michelle’s super fertility gave her a LOT of attention, and she happened to be one of those women that enjoyed being pregnant (physically). Michelle continued to get attention and praise for something that was biologically easy for her, and her husband/culture supported. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 12
11 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I always took it that Michelle & JB actually did have a strong chemistry and were hot for each other. I think Michelle’s super fertility gave her a LOT of attention, and she happened to be one of those women that enjoyed being pregnant (physically). Michelle continued to get attention and praise for something that was biologically easy for her, and her husband/culture supported. 

IDK, remember how MEshelle explained that sex “doesn’t take long?”

• LOL 14
On 1/31/2022 at 6:43 PM, GeeGolly said:

What I don't get about Michelle having her hormones checked is - why did it matter? God was either going to give them another blessing or not. Michelle vowed to always be joyfully available. Hormones or no hormones, it was going to be sandwich making as usual. 

Or maybe, just maybe, they'd toss out the calendar and Michelle might have started to get migraines. 😁

Because it was all about getting pregnant.  She hadn’t gotten pregnant with her usual speed  and she wanted to know why.  Especially since her flow was probably irregular since she was edging into menopause.  She did not expect to be told that she was heading that way.  I’m sure she expected the doctor to ‘fix’ her cycle. 
Michelle didn’t  sit around and wait for all those babies, she did everything she could to get pregnant every single time after the first miscarriage. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

Because it was all about getting pregnant.  She hadn’t gotten pregnant with her usual speed  and she wanted to know why.  Especially since her flow was probably irregular since she was edging into menopause.  She did not expect to be told that she was heading that way.  I’m sure she expected the doctor to ‘fix’ her cycle. 
Michelle didn’t  sit around and wait for all those babies, she did everything she could to get pregnant every single time after the first miscarriage. 

I think that's why JB went, but I actually think Michelle (secretly) went for the opposite reason. I believe Michelle was mostly on board trying to reach 20 kids until Josie, but I think she was done after having her. I believe the reason Josie was delivered early was because Michelle had preeclampsia - they delivered to save mom's life and hopefully save the preterm baby.

And honestly, Michelle barely dropped a tear after losing Jubilee. I believe Michelle wanted to know she wouldn't likely get pregnant and possibly become dangerously ill again due to a high risk pregnancy. I also think she wanted to give up the calendar and wanted to have sex less often.

• Love 3
On 1/31/2022 at 7:43 PM, GeeGolly said:

What I don't get about Michelle having her hormones checked is - why did it matter? God was either going to give them another blessing or not. Michelle vowed to always be joyfully available. Hormones or no hormones, it was going to be sandwich making as usual. 

Or maybe, just maybe, they'd toss out the calendar and Michelle might have started to get migraines. 😁

I think they got her hormones checked, because she was still hopeful to have more babies and was disappointed that she was not pregnant. It's possible she thought she was pregnant only to test negative.

I had no problem with getting her tested. It's one of the few things they did that made sense to me.

Also they didn't use sandwich-making as euphemism for sex. 

On 2/1/2022 at 4:59 PM, cmr2014 said:

I think that J'chelle's entire identity revolved around her super-fertility, and when she found out that the baby making apparatus was closing down, it was a huge blow for her. She looked shell-shocked (to me) literally for years after that. That was when JB started trying to cheer her up with the whole "looking forward to a new season of life" mantra he blew at her over and over again.

I definitely agree with this. Michelle always wanted to be pregnant. They need to break it to her that she wouldn't be pregnant again.

Edited by Temperance
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

Also they didn't use sandwich-making as euphemism for sex. 

Yes, I know that. I was using it as a euphemism for sex. A little twist to Michelle saying, "anyone can make them a sandwich", when explaining why a wife should always be joyfully available.

• Love 8
55 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Literally every single one of those things comes down to control.   JB and Michelle are no more Godly than anyone else (probably less so).   What they are into is complete and total control.   Over thought, word and deed.   They don't want kids to be safe from sin, they want kids who won't stray outside their control.  

I respectfully disagree. I think JB & M were using Gothard's rules to try and raise 'God fearing' kids who wouldn't drink, drug and have sex (or be gay and commit crimes). I also think Gothard made it so children policed themselves and each other, and the parents needed little effort to enforce the rules/restrictions, other than the threat of disappointment, punishment and the biggest threat of all - hell.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Literally every single one of those things comes down to control.   JB and Michelle are no more Godly than anyone else (probably less so).   What they are into is complete and total control.   Over thought, word and deed.   They don't want kids to be safe from sin, they want kids who won't stray outside their control.  

I agree with you. This is absolutely what attracts people to fundamentalism.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, Temperance said:

I agree with you. This is absolutely what attracts people to fundamentalism.

I kind of think crises, fear and/or loneliness pulls folks into extreme beliefs. It seems to me its the church leaders who have control, its just more obvious in organizations like Scientology or with Jehovah's Witnesses, than it is with Independent Fundamentalist Baptists.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

To me the Duggars are worth disdain in the same way I think Tom Cruise is worthy of disdain - because of their beliefs and for promoting their beliefs. But for me anyway, I will always see JB the same way I see Tom Cruise - as a powerless bumbling fool who fell into a cult. Two guys following the crowd and enjoying a status they've always longed for, though unbeknownst to them, the status is empty. But I truly don't think either of them are controlling anything. To me they are both suckers who have given money and power to those who control them.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

To me the Duggars are worth disdain in the same way I think Tom Cruise is worthy of disdain - because of their beliefs and for promoting their beliefs. But for me anyway, I will always see JB the same way I see Tom Cruise - as a powerless bumbling fool who fell into a cult. Two guys following the crowd and enjoying a status they've always longed for, though unbeknownst to them, the status is empty. But I truly don't think either of them are controlling anything. To me they are both suckers who have given money and power to those who control them.

I think Tom (as well as John Travolta), being celebrities, may not have a choice in staying.  I think if they were to leave, all their secrets would be spilled.  They are kept on a tight leash.

But I agree JB is a bumbling fool.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I think Tom (as well as John Travolta), being celebrities, may not have a choice in staying.  I think if they were to leave, all their secrets would be spilled.  They are kept on a tight leash.

But I agree JB is a bumbling fool.

Leah Remini left. She's spoken out against them and none of her "audit" secrets have been spilled. Scientology would be pulling back a curtain they don't want pulled back if they turn on celebrities because they would be revealing a pretty messed up "religion". Plus the powers that be in Scientology have been kissing TC's ass for years, making him think he is something. Just how Gothard has treated the Duggars.

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

All true, but I don’t think Scientology/Cruise has the goal of forcing their beliefs onto everyone else. A huge distinction IMHO.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

All true, but I don’t think Scientology/Cruise has the goal of forcing their beliefs onto everyone else. A huge distinction IMHO.

Oh but they do. Actors who have worked with Cruise have said so. And they say he doesn't quit unless directly asked to stop. They also indoctrinate their own kids by having them basically do slave duty on a ship - after signing a life contract.

That's not even going into what they do to their members who break the rules and everything else. Its a very horrible cult.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh but they do. Actors who have worked with Cruise have said so. And they say he doesn't quit unless directly asked to stop. They also indoctrinate their own kids by having them basically do slave duty on a ship - after signing a life contract.

That's not even going into what they do to their members who break the rules and everything else. Its a very horrible cult.

Oh, I’m aware of what they do to lower level members of the cult. It’s truly horrendous. But I don’t think they want to take rights from the rest of us who aren’t a part of it. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

Oh, I’m aware of what they do to lower level members of the cult. It’s truly horrendous. But I don’t think they want to take rights from the rest of us who aren’t a part of it. 

You're right, they don't seem to be openly political. But they are arrogant and harmful to others, none the less. I remember TC shaming Brooke Shields for being on psych meds. I remember him practically spit screaming at Matt Lauer (eww), that TC knew more than MDs and shrinks.

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

You're right, they don't seem to be openly political. But they are arrogant and harmful to others, none the less. I remember TC shaming Brooke Shields for being on psych meds. I remember him practically spit screaming at Matt Lauer (eww), that TC knew more than MDs and shrinks.

I remember that, too. Ridiculous. 

• Love 3
On 3/1/2022 at 6:35 PM, dariafan said:

How do they spin the narrative when daughters have miscarriages?    And what did they blame the loss of jubilee on?

Do you mean in a general way? Some very religious people I know, call the loss of a child God’s wish/He called them home… They tend to find great comfort in the “knowledge” that their child is in a better place. So, I assume that’s what the Duggars preach and believe.

As for their explanation for the loss of Jubilee, I don’t know. But iirc Michelle put the blame of her first miscarriage on contraception and vowed never to take it anymore. That really made me roll my eyes!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Poor Michelle (jk), no public Mother's Day wishes for her this year. Too dangerous for the Duggar kids to dip their toes in that murky water.

Jessa is still preparing her 10 page opus!

• LOL 17
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Poor Michelle (jk), no public Mother's Day wishes for her this year. Too dangerous for the Duggar kids to dip their toes in that murky water.

I swear I read something on Jill's instagram story about moms and she tagged her mother in law and DuggarFam. I don't remember what it was but something cute about Mom's having to wait because of taking care of everyone else.  It got my attention because of all the kids, Jill was the only one I noticed who acknowledged her on Mother's Day.  Or maybe I imagined it after my last glass of wine. 

• Useful 3
(edited)

I posted this in the Jessa thread, but I'll post it here as well since it's pertains to Jim Bob as well:

The transcripts came out today for the sisters' lawsuit and there was a lot about the attempts to serve Jim Bob with a subpoena. He was being subpoenaed by the defendants.   

Multiple attempts were made, one of which had Jessa turning away the server.  The server made contact at the main house and Jessa told her to leave her card and go away.   

Jim Bob strenuously avoided being served, even fleeing the state.  They tried for several months and he kept evading the subpoena.  There was a total of 15 hours spent trying to serve Jim Bob the subpoena, i.e. monitoring the residence for several hours, contacting JB's attorney, visiting Duggar-owned businesses, etc.  The server said there were about 15 cars at the main residence at all times and no one cooperated.

eta:  Sorry, I see there's already a discussion of this in a different thread.  

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
50 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

@Jeeves, I believe it was you who asked about Meech's legal signature. Here's proof:

FB_IMG_1652979956849.jpg

She probably has been signing it like that for so long, she doesn't even give it a thought. Not excusing that it looks juvenile. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

@emmawoodhouse, it wasn't me who asked - I don't give a rat's arse how that loon signs anything -  but thanks for posting the example. 

Could have sworn it was you! Well, here it is anyway. I bet the lawyers laugh behind her back when they see any documents she's signed. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

I'm the one who asked about the signature.  I was curious if an adult woman actually used a heart in her legal signature.  I guess she is not as much of an adult as I thought.  She really is stunted.  Thank you @emmawoodhouse for posting this.

Edited to add:  I wonder how she signs  if she need to use DocuSign.  She couldn't use the heart then.  Would it still be considered her legal signature?  Sometimes being too cute can cause problems.

Edited by CalicoKitty
to add more info
  • Love 6