Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

WOACB is saying her source says there is major friction in the family, i.e. most of the kids are exasperated with Anna because she sticks by Josh and they want her to leave him, with the exception of Jed, who is sticking by JB.  And Jason stood up to JB because he called Jill a liar.  I don't know if any of this is true--I'm just saying what she said in her video.

• Useful 10
4 hours ago, coconspirator said:

As much as I do believe there are family divisions, this just reads to much like fan fiction. The WOACB lady doesn’t have much credibility. I also don’t believe there is mass exasperation with Anna. I’d say there is probably tremendous sympathy and concern for her and the kids. 

I agree with your statement.

I'll also add that even though Josh was arrested months ago, the court case and conviction is all very new. Like last week and yesterday new. I don't see any of the family members even knowing what their feelings are yet, never mind blabbering them to anyone outside of their spouses and family.

• Love 16
13 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Boobchelle's statement was fundie word salad bullshit. No admission of Joshua's guilt. Not much of a plan for Anna, who was in the end railroaded into this disaster (her word from 2015).

I wasn't too wild a out the usage of the word 'ordeal'. I don't know why it's rubbing me wrong but it does.

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I wasn't too wild a out the usage of the word 'ordeal'. I don't know why it's rubbing me wrong but it does.

To me, “ordeal” seems to refer specifically to the court proceedings and still centers everything around Josh’s experience. 

Centering their parental actions and concern on the abuser rather than the victims helped create this ordeal, IMO.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
14 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Boobchelle's statement was fundie word salad bullshit. No admission of Joshua's guilt. Not much of a plan for Anna, who was in the end railroaded into this disaster (her word from 2015).

Like Amy's statement it has the feel of being written by a PR person.   Their voices don't come through at all.   While it doesn't admit his guilt, it astonishingly does not suggest his innocence either.  I did not expect them to give up that stance easily, if at all.

Leads me to believe they accept his guilt, which I cannot imagine they would admit to anyone, or they are desperately holding out hope that their images can be rehabilitated.   Whether the hope for rehabilitation includes eventually resuming professional public lives on TV, etc, or if it's simply being able to hold their heads up in public again I don't know. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

Leads me to believe they accept his guilt, which I cannot imagine they would admit to anyone, or they are desperately holding out hope that their images can be rehabilitated. 

I think this is exactly it.  Years ago they found out Josh had molested his sisters and instead of getting real help for him they tried (give them some credit they at least did try) to get him fundie help.  They did know he was guilty then but needing to maintain their "wholesome" image and their chance to be on TV and preach to the world was stronger than their need to get their son real help with a real problem.  Now I think they do know he's guilty and they're desperately trying to figure out a way to acknowledge that without losing their place as King and Queen of crazy fundieland.

• Love 9

I always wondered if JB&M blamed Jana for what happened to her younger sisters. She was the only older daughter that wasn’t abused and in their eyes they might have blamed her for not protecting them. It wouldn’t have surprised me if they said something like “if anything happens to anyone else, it’s your fault for not stopping it” and that was part of the reason she has stayed single for so long. 

• Love 4

The guy Justin on Reddit said a while back that he got the vibe that Michelle was genuinely shaken and disturbed by it all. Not that she did anything about it, because it’s all about following her headship. They’re so focused on protecting their image that they sacrificed their children and any sense of human decency at its altar.

In a way, this also feels to me like a more extreme version of something I’ve seen other places: the almost pathological desire to shield a child from any consequences. Sometimes it’s about family image. Sometimes it’s extreme projection (“my child can’t be wrong because that would mean I’m wrong”). Sometimes it’s laziness and not wanting to be bothered. Like parents who rant at a teacher for flunking their child when he goofs off. It’s obviously not their angel’s fault.

I currently see this sort of thing with my stepson. He has the potential to be a good kid but his mother spoils him, coddles him and goes off on anyone who tries to hold him accountable for things he does or doesn’t do. In her case, it’s laziness and not wanting to deal with anything unpleasant but stepson’s the one who will eventually have to pay for it.

That’s what these parents don’t see. By shielding their kids, they are (potentially) setting them up for a much bigger, more painful fall later on. And possibly lining up others to be victims to it.

Obviously, the Duggar situation is more complicated and extreme but I wouldn’t be surprised if this is part of the puzzle.

This whole thing sickens me.

• Love 18

While I really don't trust anything WOACB says, if any of it is true I would be thrilled.  The thought of the adult kids saying "enough is enough" and standing up to JB makes me very happy.

As far as Jana goes, I always wondered if she felt guilty that Josh left her alone, or if she felt she was at fault for failing to protect the other girls.  I have also suspected that JB nipped any potential courtships in the bud because he wanted the "tainted girls" to get married first.

Now that Josh is locked away, and the Lost Girls are safe,  I hope that if she meets a nice guy and wants to have a life of her own she can do so with a clear conscience.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

As far as Jana goes, I always wondered if she felt guilty that Josh left her alone, or if she felt she was at fault for failing to protect the other girls.  I have also suspected that JB nipped any potential courtships in the bud because he wanted the "tainted girls" to get married first.

This might be the case but for me I always felt Jana didn't want to marry because the last thing she wants is to marry another Jim Bob and raise another bunch of kids.  Arguably she's still raising kids but there is an end in sight.  Marry now to a fellow fundie (and who else is she meeting?) and she's condemned to at least another 20-25 years of childrearing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

Well, Josie is 12 today. That's the age that they believe kids turn into adults who are self-sufficient (aside from their half-assed "schooling"). Jana did her job and got all the girls to that point. Maybe she will branch out even more or even move out. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Well, Josie is 12 today. That's the age that they believe kids turn into adults who are self-sufficient (aside from their half-assed "schooling"). Jana did her job and got all the girls to that point. Maybe she will branch out even more or even move out. 

A 12 year old deserves to live in a home where the adults in charge are happy and excited to celebrate her milestone with her.   Yes, sometimes life intervenes and a parent has to be on a business trip or a family member is ill and the celebration has to be postponed, but it shouldn't be because the family is reeling because the eldest brother just got convicted of CSAM.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Maybe she will branch out even more or even move out. 

If this were a novel at this point Jana would break free and write a tell all book, sell the movie rights, get rich and have the last laugh on her repulsive parents.  Since it's not a novel I suspect she'll stay put and eventually be the caretaker for her elderly but still repulsive parents.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Insert Username said:

At this time, I am not going to judge these very damaged kids (adult and otherwise)whose whole worldview has been obliterated. Give them a freaking minute to process and come to terms with everything that they have heard and experienced. It might take some of them longer to get there. I am also not going to hold them responsible for what their brother chose to do - we have seen no signs that any of the others share Josh’s proclivities, so we should also not blame them or punish them for Josh. They are all the victims of him and their parents and they deserve some space and some grace from the rest of us for now.

Fortunately, it seems like the married kids all have pretty good in laws, so they have safe spaces. However, there is still a mess of younger siblings stuck with the parents and they will be forced to stay in touch for now for their sakes

I hope now that Jana feels safe enough to move on - I think she sabotaged every opportunity to marry because she felt (or was made to feel) guilty for not protecting her younger sisters. I think she was also the only person Josh feared. She was not going to let that happen with the lost girls. It’s sad that she thought more about their safety than their garbage “parents” did.

jB and Meech I loathe because they created and facilitated this mess. They and Josh are the only ones who should be punished for it. My contempt for them and Josh knows no bounds. I would happily pay a convict to make every single day of Josh’s life in prison an absolute misery.  Do I want to see JB and Meech rattling around their empty house after being cut out out of the lives of all their children - absolutely! Would I love to see them have to prostrate and beg forgiveness from their children (preferably in public) - oh yes! I want them shunned and castigated. I want to see them destroyed…but more I want to see the remaining kids to thrive without them

The in-laws: Seewalds, Spiveys, and Kendra’s parents are all also Q crazies like JB and Michelle. Not sure that bodes well for any of the married kids. It’s likely many of those also believe Josh is being persecuted.

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I'm not asking this to be cruel but is Josie mentally 12? I thought she was delayed/challenged due to the premature birth issues. If I am wrong, please tell me. I just remember seeing her as a small child and thinking she didn't seem all there. 

• Useful 2
5 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I'm not asking this to be cruel but is Josie mentally 12? I thought she was delayed/challenged due to the premature birth issues. If I am wrong, please tell me. I just remember seeing her as a small child and thinking she didn't seem all there. 

It's really hard to say since we see so little of her. But they do have her cooking, so I think they ascribe a certain level of maturity to her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I think she had some delays due to her premature birth, but did not receive the proper therapies because her idiot parents were too stupid (or stubborn) to realize she needed help. 

• Love 16
28 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I think she had some delays due to her premature birth, but did not receive the proper therapies because her idiot parents were too stupid (or stubborn) to realize she needed help. 

It wasn't because they were stupid or stubborn it's because they are the perfect family and they have 19 perfect kids. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Actually Josie seems mentally fine from what we've seen. She actually was more advanced in terms of speech than her sister Jordyn, probably the result of more attention. She might have some mild learning disabilities, but no severe delays from what we've seen.

All of their kids are probably behind grade-level as a result of half-assed homeschooling. Josie also is the youngest of a large family and sometimes large families baby the baby. This was true of several large families I've known. Being in a school would have probably have given more maturity as well.

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Hey Blob when the verdict was read did you turn to the judge and say I don't accept that do you? 

I really wish the judge were a woman because that would have pissed him off even more.

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
On 12/10/2021 at 3:23 AM, Gemma Violet said:

WOACB is saying her source says there is major friction in the family, i.e. most of the kids are exasperated with Anna because she sticks by Josh and they want her to leave him, with the exception of Jed, who is sticking by JB.  And Jason stood up to JB because he called Jill a liar.  I don't know if any of this is true--I'm just saying what she said in her video.

She is not that reliable but given Jason's response to Jeremy's statement there may be some truth to the him standing up to JB. If true, odd it would be him. Wasn't it Jason who fell into orchestra pit on the stage and Jill jumped in to help him while waiting for the ambulance and his Mother was videoing on her phone?  

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

Someone posted a previous video of an analysis that this body language expert did in another thread, but here's a new one discussing JB where he makes clear what a total asshole and failure as a parent he thinks he is:

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Relevant portion of a FB post from Boob. Huge 🙄 from me.

"As a father, I am heartbroken over the entire situation regarding my son, all who have been affected by it in any way, and those who have been harmed through CSAM. As an American, I respect our legal system and am thankful for those who serve in it. As a Christian, I put all of my trust in Christ in both the joyful and difficult moments of life."

39 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

"As a father, I am heartbroken over the entire situation regarding my son, all who have been affected by it in any way, and those who have been harmed through CSAM. As an American, I respect our legal system and am thankful for those who serve in it. As a Christian, I put all of my trust in Christ in both the joyful and difficult moments of life."

Freedumb!

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I'm heartbroken over my son but I'm just going to lump my own daughters in as "others."

• Love 10
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Most of the comments will be deleted I’m sure.

Can comments on Facebook be turned off like Instagram?

4 hours ago, graefin said:

Someone posted a previous video of an analysis that this body language expert did in another thread, but here's a new one discussing JB where he makes clear what a total asshole and failure as a parent he thinks he is:

This was soooo  (®Nurie) good! The analysts are so snarky. 😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Reading the reaction of some of the locals brings home to me how irritating the Duggar clan must have been, especially in early days when Jim Bob was expanding his territory. How many locals observed the pitiful state of the younger children and the girls who cared for them as Jim  Bob and Michelle got richer and more famous and more powerful. Clearly Josh's behavior became local gossip. And then there was the filming and the constant holier-than-thou public attitude. There must be community schadenfreude

• Love 14
6 hours ago, graefin said:

Thank you so much for sharing. They went over the mini golf dry humping. I was laughing so hard at their reactions, not only to that incident but to JB’s other jerk moves. It’s really worth the time to watch. If it only went viral. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, graefin said:

Interesting. I don't know anything about these two. Are they a couple? Watching their body language, I can't help but notice that he puts his head down, with his hands on his forehead, on the rare occasions when she is speaking. She (is her name Megan?) really knows a lot about the Duggars. He doesn't seem to know anything about them, but he totally picks up on all the things that are wrong with them from watching the chosen video bits!  It was interesting and sad to see JB being so dismissive of the feelings of the girls. Michelle just insipidly hangs on JBoob's every word. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Michelle just insipidly hangs on JBoob's every word.

I think she really does believe he is the most amazing man ever.   They are both still stuck at teenage mentality.   They love having sex with each other.   They lost one kid to a miscarriage that some stupid doctor said was caused by her being on birth control.   Rather than controlling how often they have sex, they went out and found a religion that said "Have ALL the sex you want within marriage.   Have a ton of kids.   God will provide."   So they were all "sign me up."   And they next thing you know 19 kids.    Which Michelle never wanted to actually raise because she just like the sex part and the attention she got from being pregnant.   So they adopted the parts of their religion that says "oh you have to be joyfully available to your husband, leave the kids to someone else."    

In other words, they picked the religion because it already fit what they wanted to do.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
48 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

I think she really does believe he is the most amazing man ever.   They are both still stuck at teenage mentality.   They love having sex with each other.   They lost one kid to a miscarriage that some stupid doctor said was caused by her being on birth control.   Rather than controlling how often they have sex, they went out and found a religion that said "Have ALL the sex you want within marriage.   Have a ton of kids.   God will provide."   So they were all "sign me up."   And they next thing you know 19 kids.    Which Michelle never wanted to actually raise because she just like the sex part and the attention she got from being pregnant.   So they adopted the parts of their religion that says "oh you have to be joyfully available to your husband, leave the kids to someone else."    

In other words, they picked the religion because it already fit what they wanted to do.   

Well said. And I think it also appealed to JB because he could indulge his fantasy of building his own little empire where he'd be the one large and in charge. I bet his favorite word in all the publications that Gothard churned out is "headship" - and he really ran with the idea. Hence not only the preoccupation with how many kids they had, but now the ongoing ever-increasing headcount of how many grandchildren are being added to the numbers.

I don't remember when, but I believe at one point back in their heyday, Jill said something on camera which was a passing reference to the Duggars being a "tribe" or something like that. I think that JB harbored, and probably still harbors, this plan that his spawn including future generations will stick together into a family and economic unit that will not only be self-supporting but will help the people who worship the correct Jesus gain control of the world.

So far the Duggar sons are all falling in line and working for Daddy -  except Justin (and he works for/with his FIL who's as deep into the Koolaid as JB as far as we can tell), and now Josh who will be otherwise housed and occupied for a number of years to come. And Ben has joined the group as well, as far as we know, since neither he nor Jessa will disclose what work he does other than a probably unpaid ministry of some sort at a tiny IFB church.

We got a glimpse of how JB must behave out of camera range when he's ruling his roost in Duggarworld, when he acted so arrogant and obnoxious when testifying under oath on the witness stand in federal court. "I'm not going to allow it" - indeed. Yes, IMO Gothard's doctrines suited JB and Michelle very very well. 

• Love 20
8 minutes ago, Zella said:

In addition to being hilarious, that quote was a real eyeopener about how Jim Bob's mind works. 

He really does consider himself King, doesn't he ?! 😜

• Love 12
48 minutes ago, SJC said:

He really does consider himself King, doesn't he ?! 😜

I didn't see JB's court antics as seeing himself as king, but more as having the same mindset as (the recently emboldened) 1/3 of US citizens.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

More like King of mediocrity and a tribe of mediocre descendants 🤣

And, in fact, you're being generous......

All these young kids now being "educated" -- essentially in isolation from anybody but their relatives -- by uneducated, utterly naive-to-the-world, yet supremely arrogant people is a horrifying picture.  

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12
39 minutes ago, Zella said:

Apparently the male prosecutor is gay. I hope Jim Bob found that out and seethed accordingly. 😁😁😁😁😁

If he knows this, he'll try to call a mistrial.

C'mon...somebody, anybody...where's the tell-all book?

• LOL 9