Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OSM Mom

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, sorry, but you'll have to wait until he's done chastising the gymnasts and cheerleaders.  ;  )

In the immortal words of Billy Joel, I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints. 

(I can't believe I just quoted Billy Joel. It feels so wrong.)

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post

Hey Blob and Clown Car there are approximately 8 billion people in the world and most of them make their own free choices and decisions. Unless you are a Duggar. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/13/2019 at 11:41 AM, GeeGolly said:

I don't think JB added the kitchens. I'm guessing he updated what was already there and is misusing the description of kitchen and that's why the original listing didn't say 4 kitchens. None of the 'kitchens' are in a natural place for a bedroom. 

Oh right, I just assumed he thought now what would make this place better more kitchens and toilets.

On 5/13/2019 at 5:52 PM, kokapetl said:

That’s Fred Flintstone’s home.

I thought it looked like Thunderbirds. 

On 5/15/2019 at 8:29 PM, Marthalord said:

Did they actually speak in February of this year? That’s when the video was put up but what threw me off was when Michelle said Austin and Joy recently got married. They got married in May 2017. 

Well in Michelle’s mind she went to a wedding yesterday and she’s sure it was Joy’s, they all start with J so easily confused.

14 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Will the Hairball have to answer to God about ugly shoe choices ?

I’m sure Michelle thinks if she wears nice shoes and dresses better that some man might steal her from JB or that’s what JB told her anyway that she’s so hot any man would jump at the chance. Gotta look like a frump to keep JB happy.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Puffin said:

Oh right, I just assumed he thought now what would make this place better more kitchens and toilets.

I thought it looked like Thunderbirds. 

Well in Michelle’s mind she went to a wedding yesterday and she’s sure it was Joy’s, they all start with J so easily confused.

I’m sure Michelle thinks if she wears nice shoes and dresses better that some man might steal her from JB or that’s what JB told her anyway that she’s so hot any man would jump at the chance. Gotta look like a frump to keep JB happy.

Were you able to type the last paragraph with a straight face. Sassy wants to know.

Share this post


Link to post

5 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Were you able to type the last paragraph with a straight face. Sassy wants to know.

I might have been smiling 😀

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

I can't believe that Michelle spewed that dress code crap with a straight face. If she believes that females should wear skirts and dresses, why do they have to be ugly outfits? 

Regarding that black down jacket she's was wearing....Doesn't that look exactly like a man's black down jacket would look? Don't men wear t-shirts? Why do her daughters wear them? 

Can't believe how she's dressed in dowdy gray and black, then speaks about a woman's fashion choices. Nuns look better than she did. 

I am thoroughly enjoying all of your comments here.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Every now and then I need to vent.

Jblob and The Hairball are pathetic, unintelligent, lying, grifting losers.

They should not be allowed on the show and never be allowed to speak in public.

Thank you.

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, floridamom said:

So, according to Jim Bob's guidelines for marrying early and correctly, Jana is a failure and a sinner. She's 29 and hasn't found 'the one'. How does he justify Jana? Michelle is an idiot. She brought 'baggage' in to her relationship with Jim Bob as a 16 year old? Come on now, Michelle, quit patting yourself on the back for being such a great 'saved person'. Her arrogance in being modest is astounding to me.

To put what JBoob said into more context, he was answering a question that one of the church youths had asked - something about if you didn't get "right" with God until later, would you still find "the one." I don't think he wanted to give any of those youths a pass to relax their "standards" for any period of time. He was probably trying to scare them a bit into submission. 

It sounded like the whole event was for church teens to learn about the proper way to cope with their hormones and desires, while waiting for their God-ordained spouse. Priscilla went on at length about how girls, in particular, are not supposed to sit around longing for and dreaming about getting married, but should spend their single years being useful for serving God and their families. So the message was, if you're not married, then you should be serving God and your family. Both Pris and David said it was most important to turn yourself into what a Godly person would want, rather than worrying about finding a Godly person. However Pris admitted that she worried about it quite a bit.

Edited by OpieTaylor
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

Is it wrong that I want God to speak to Michelle again: “DAMN girl, you are a MESS! Get that nasty-ass down thing off, chop a foot off that ridic skirt, find some scaffolding for those worn-out boobs, lose the bug eyes and WHAT IS THAT DEAD RODENT ASLEEP ON YOUR HEAD?? Peter, hand me the scissors this damn minute!!!”

And I want Him to sound just like RuPaul.

She wouldn’t believe it was him.  Because in her belief system he would never say that.  So she just ignores any articles she reads  or interactions with people etc. that make her think. It’s like the old joke about a man sitting on his roof due to a flood who prays for help. Firemen, rescue boats, helicopters, etc all stop to get him and he refuses saying God will help. He ends up at the pearly gates and asks God why he didnt help. He says - I sent multiple people for you, why didn’t you accept my help? 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I personally think the Duggars use God and the bible for a cover up to spread their ignorance, hatred, and racism along with trying to make themselves look good.

Are they racist? Ignorant, surely, and hateful and homophobic and misogynistic, but i’m unaware of any examples of overt racism. Did I miss something? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

Are they racist? Ignorant, surely, and hateful and homophobic and misogynistic, but i’m unaware of any examples of overt racism. Did I miss something? 

Maybe not racist. How about hypocritical and narcissistic.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Is it wrong that I want God to speak to Michelle again: “DAMN girl, you are a MESS! Get that nasty-ass down thing off, chop a foot off that ridic skirt, find some scaffolding for those worn-out boobs, lose the bug eyes and WHAT IS THAT DEAD RODENT ASLEEP ON YOUR HEAD?? Peter, hand me the scissors this damn minute!!!”

And I want Him to sound just like RuPaul.

You just won the Interwebs today.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, mynextmistake said:

Are they racist? Ignorant, surely, and hateful and homophobic and misogynistic, but i’m unaware of any examples of overt racism. Did I miss something? 

The Duggars are not as steeped into white supremacy as the Bates, but it is baked into their Gothardist beliefs.  I highly doubt that they have ever thought about this issue though.  They isolate themselves and probably think they are not racists because they welcomed that one POC that one time into their home, etc, etc.

Edited by Ohiopirate02
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The Duggars are not as steeped into white supremacy as the Bates, but it is baked into their Gothardist beliefs.  I highly doubt that they have ever thought about this issue though.  They isolate themselves and probably think they are not racists because they welcomed that one POC that one time into their home, etc, etc.

Wow, I didn’t realize that. That’s what I get for not watching the show I guess! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, Puffin said:

I’m sure Michelle thinks if she wears nice shoes and dresses better that some man might steal her from JB or that’s what JB told her anyway that she’s so hot any man would jump at the chance. Gotta look like a frump to keep JB happy.

Haha This is great!

I initially read it as a man stealing JB from her--I'm tired LOL--and that made me laugh too. 😂

  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

I just remembered something JBoob said in the church group talk - that Mary (his mother) had suffered two strokes around Christmas, but she didn't suffer any really serious "damage." He was praising her as such a wonderful and important person in his life, and he said that she dealt with the strokes so well, that her attitude was one of gratefulness because things could have been so much worse. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, I had read somewhere that Mary had a couple of mini-strokes (probably more like TIAs) in that timeframe, but it wasn't confirmed, so I didn't think much of it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, I had read somewhere that Mary had a couple of mini-strokes (probably more like TIAs) in that timeframe, but it wasn't confirmed, so I didn't think much of it. 

I had several areas of small strokes a little over a year ago, I lucked out and wasn't affected to bad. Scared the heck out of me.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/15/2019 at 6:59 AM, JoanArc said:

Link to video

I won't watch with sound on or for more than 10 seconds - Michelle's puffy jacket - ugh.

I stil haven't watched this video (saving that delight for the weekend). But towards the end of the video I've read that Michelle mentions the strokes Mary had. You might be able to skip and find it. 

@BrianJ1962 I'm glad you're feeling better and hope you're okay. Sorry you had small strokes. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

9 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I was wondering what happened to you. Glad you're feeling better.

Thank you. While taking a break from social media I got real sick.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/15/2019 at 6:59 AM, JoanArc said:

Link to video

I won't watch with sound on or for more than 10 seconds - Michelle's puffy jacket - ugh.

I have now watched the video as I promised I would this weekend. It was sooo long (a little over three hours). The video is the Youth for Christ Conference featuring JB and Michelle Duggar and David and Priscilla Waller and a moderator (not sure who). This video is from 2019, even Michelle says Joy and Austin recently married. It was made in February. David says he's 32 (at about 1 hour 6 minutes in) and that would be consistent with how old he is.  (His 33th birthday is in September. )

As mentioned it's very long and mostly just Christian beliefs. They are talking to young people (about 25-30 people maybe) about courting, marriage and the importance of giving your life to God and waiting for his timing, etc. I'm not going into everything they said, but here are some highlights:

In the first 2-3 minutes, they hand out their daughters' books on courtship and they talk about the book. It is an updated version that includes the girls' courtship stories. JB says that the show has been on 15 years and is played in about 200 countries. He can't be talking about Counting On or 19KAC (neither has been on 15 years) but both as one show.  They say they have 20 kids including Tyler. 

About 4 minutes in JB starts talking about his family when he (JB) was a kid. His parents struggled financially to the point of having their power cutoff by the electric company, since his dad "lacked spiritual focus" (00:04:35). I would say he lacked financial focus. He also tells them his sister had a kid out-of wedlock. His niece is a blessing, but his sister's life has been challenging. (This is a recurring theme; people who aren't Christians suffering.)

So then they get to telling how they met. Michelle talks about being saved at 15 and fell away from sin. It's a lot of testamony like at a church. They don't tell the story of how they met very cohesively and keep getting side tracked. Eventually they met through church and there's more to the story I forget. Then Priscilla and David arrive on Duggar time. They tell their stories. A lot of emphasis about a "godly partner".  You have to be friends with your siblings. Priscilla is a good friend to her little brothers. They talk smack about some woman who got pregnant out of wedlock. You need to focus on finding a Godly spouse, etc. After David and Priscilla talked, there was a Q&A.  (I might post about David and Priscilla in the Sweet Fellowship thread.)

JB and Michelle mention twice stories about Austin being rebellious. The first in their testamony (00:17:08-00:18:40) and then again (01:34:20-01:37:30).  They tell different parts of the same story. He and four of his friends were rebelling and doing unGodly things like drinking, smoking, etc. (Not sure Austin did either). Austin realised he had to turn back to God. He told his four friends and convinced one to seek a more Godly path. That friend is brother-in-law Bobby Ballinger and they (Bobby and Austin) are doing well. The other friends including a pastor's son went down a destructive past. One went to prison and another gauged his eye out with a screwdriver (01:36:10). (It's unclear which one is the pastor's son.) 

One of the first questions is about the Duggar girls wearing pants and skirts. Michelle answers in a long about way (01:38:20-01:46:35). It's clear she has given this a LOT of thought and in some ways is very clear about she believes. She quotes Deuteronomy 22:5 says "it is not good for a woman to wear that which pertaineth to a man." She talks about clothing should identify you and says in "our society" skirts/dresses are for women. She says "our society" which perhaps means she does know Jesus wore dresses. She says it's a personal conviction she developed on her own (even JB didn't decide this). (She was 21 when she decided this, so pre-Gothard.) She is upset our society is confused about who uses which bathrooms. She seems judgmental about the roles of men and women. However she says it is not her place to judge other women for wearing pants; it is God's. She taught her daughters to obey their husbands, and (01:45:30-01:46:48) that "the leader will have to give an answer to God".

Around that point JB intervenes and says some less harsh stuff about modesty. He says his girls are modest at different like when they go snow-skiing (01:48:00). Isn't everybody modest while snow skiing?JB also opened the talk about modesty with Michelle mowing the lawn in her bikini (no mention of neighbors). He literally says (01:38:17) that Michelle (at 15 when they met) "had no standards in her life at all, not modesty standards at all". I was surprised he said it and watched this line several times. I think he just means she wasn't modest. 

(01:48:30) Michelle talks about kids not saying too much and staying out of trouble.  A lot of the focus is on dating, courtship. When asked about impurity, Priscilla jumps in with her dad not being a virgin when he met her mother (02:01:40). They keep talking about being honest and open while in courtship.  Your parents need to guide in relationships. If they say interracial marriage is good, then it's okay. (02:05:45)  Make sure your denominations line-up as well.  

In the end, the last question is who are your role models in faith (besides Jesus). JB and Michelle both name his mother Mary as their role model. Michelle says that Mary had a stroke at Christmas and another one either on Christmas or close to it (03:04:15-03:04:43). Mary never complained and said "it could have been a lot worse." It sounds like she's lucid and doing pretty well. 

This was a really long video. I will post more later. These are some of the highlights. I will answer questions when I can. The parentheses with numbers are so you find specific things I mentioned in the video and watch them for yourself if you chose.  (Basically so you skip to the parts you want to see.) They may not be exact, but I tried to get them as accurate I as could. I also promise I told the truth about the video and I tried to be as accurate as possible.

  • Like 17
  • Useful 6

Share this post


Link to post

Quote

Michelle talks about being saved at 15 and fell away from sin

 Does she claim she hasn’t sinned since she was 15? Bitch please. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

 Does she claim she hasn’t sinned since she was 15? Bitch please. 

Yeah. 

But not exactly, right? Once she was saved, her sins get washed away in-the-blood-in-the-blood-in-the-blood every time. Before she was saved she was just slip slidin' faster down the road to everlasting fire with every basket toss. 

(...and taking all the boys in the audience with her ...   ;  )   )

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 8
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

So if the wife obeys the husband does she get a get-into-heaven-free card if he tells her to wear pants, drink wine and shake her booty to music?

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

So if the wife obeys the husband does she get a get-into-heaven-free card if he tells her to wear pants, drink wine and shake her booty to music?

If he tells her that, she’s done something terribly wrong and it’s all her fault.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

If he tells her that, she’s done something terribly wrong and it’s all her fault.

Yeah...sadly, I do suspect that's the way it would all end up being understood...

  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post

THREE HOURS?!  Of the same. Old. Stuff???  And people sat and listened to it?  I’ve never heard them speak in person but just having grown up Christian I could have told you all that. 

Priscillas dad not a virgin at marriage?!  Mr Keller?!  I’ve blown a gasket. 😳

At least Michelle admits it’s her own standard between her and god to wear skirts and not that everyone needs to. 

I wonder how Deanna feels about  her brother using her as an object lesson for a sinful life style? I wonder if he has her consent to use her story in this way? 

  • Like 9
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I don't believe MIchelle for one moment that the skirt wearing is HER OWN CONVICTION. If it were, she would not ever speak about it and shame others for wearing pants/shorts.

Why do her daughters wear polo shirts? Aren't those made for men? She would say, oh, those are women's polo shirts...see how they 'close' the other way? Well, that argument doesn't hold water for me, because WOMEN'S pants are also cut and made for women. We aren't shopping in the mens' department and wearing pants made for men.

She's speaking out of both sides of her mouth....liar that she is.

  • Like 21
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Uh...did they miscount? They have nineteen living children plus Tyler...what happened to Jubilee?

Don't forget about J'CALEB they only count the kids that you can physically see.  they only pull out those two when they want sympathy from everyone.  I don't count Tyler because he didn't fall out of clown car shoot.

Edited by Rabbittron · Reason: Auto Correct
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone else wonder if Michelle happened upon Deuteronomy 22:5, "The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God.", and it was the first thing in the Bible she understood so she ran to JB and Mary and proudly claimed she felt convicted to follow it?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

The thing that really annoys me about the whole "convicted to do thus and such" thing, is that even though she claims that it's a personal choice, she still manages to add that for those who do not personally feel convicted to follow it, God will be the judge. It still implies that it's a sin which others feel free to indulge in, and might be their undoing.

How does all that actually work, anyway? In their belief system, if I understand it correctly, everyone is steeped in and riddled with sin in any case, but if one is "saved", then it's all washed clean. But one must still be repentant, right? Or is it just being repentant for the fact that they will inevitably sin in general and not for any specific sin? Can repenting in general, but still indulging unrepentantly in certain things which are forbidden, cancel out your salvation? Does God still judge individual sins if you are "saved"? None of it makes any sense.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

If it's a personal choice, then it's not part of her or any Religion. Isn't that an oxymoron? If you feel you want/need/must do something because "conviction" then it's just something you made up.

Every denomination has clear rules or should have - that's why Catholics are discouraged to reading the Bible by themselves, wayyy too many weird bits in the Bible and it needs someone to clear them up or set very clear boundaries, otherwise you end up having a truckload of different opinions.

Perhaps it is my Catholic upbringing, but all this "personal study" really makes my head spin very fast indeed - if you simply make up your own rules, why on earth do you need to pretend to belong to a particular brand of Religion? Why not simply say you are on your own?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

27 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

The thing that really annoys me about the whole "convicted to do thus and such" thing, is that even though she claims that it's a personal choice, she still manages to add that for those who do not personally feel convicted to follow it, God will be the judge. It still implies that it's a sin which others feel free to indulge in, and might be their undoing.

How does all that actually work, anyway? In their belief system, if I understand it correctly, everyone is steeped in and riddled with sin in any case, but if one is "saved", then it's all washed clean. But one must still be repentant, right? Or is it just being repentant for the fact that they will inevitably sin in general and not for any specific sin? Can repenting in general, but still indulging unrepentantly in certain things which are forbidden, cancel out your salvation? Does God still judge individual sins if you are "saved"? None of it makes any sense.

Their belief system really does not work unless you get saved right before you die.  Getting "saved" at 15 and living until 90 means that you are on this earth for another 75 years sinning away.  If you take their beliefs literally, then it does not matter what you do God has already forgiven you.  What incentive do you to live a law-abiding life when you already have this get out of jail free card?  I know that they would say that you were not really saved at 15 if you sin too badly as an adult, but this statement does not logically follow their first.  So Michelle is saying that because she was saved at 15, God has already forgiven her for not protecting her daughters from Josh.  Therefore she would face no judgement or punishment from God for her sins.  She will be welcomed into heaven at the moment of death because she was saved at 15.  There is no logic to this reasoning at all.  If you think about, their logic says that a gay person could get into heaven if they repent on their death bed.  But, they don't have the brain-power to see this.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Perhaps it is my Catholic upbringing, but all this "personal study" really makes my head spin very fast indeed - if you simply make up your own rules, why on earth do you need to pretend to belong to a particular brand of Religion? Why not simply say you are on your own?

Well, the original idea of Protestantism was basically that you were on your own. That you were supposed to contact God as an individual soul. That's a big part of the story of the Judeo- Christian tradition...

But then along with that goes the idea that there is only one God. So if God tells me one thing...and seems to tell you something else....well, then, given the way humans work, that almost certainly means that I think you're wrong.  And, sooner or later, I'll tell you about that. Or even try to burn you at the stake or chop your head off about that.

Even worse, suppose you contact God under a different name than I do. Like the Christian God, the Jewish God and Allah, for Muslims, are the same God, in the eyes of many thinkers and historians. But, of course, if we act like typical xenophobic humans -- who tend to be suspicious and disparaging of anybody who isn't in our in-group -- then we are really not having this. 

Then you add to that the fact that even within groups of people who are pretty much allied about the messages they individually believe they get from God, some people are going to want to be power players.

So groups of Protestants who are pretty much together on the ideas that they get individually from their contemplation of God (or even who are together in the same place) tend to get together into groups-that-all-believe-the-same-thing-but-now-they-have-a-big-leader, too...... So now we're probably even more likely to fight and disparage the out groups who hear God a little differently...

And then the big leader usually starts declaring stuff -- and pretty soon that stuff may veer quite far from what I, the individual God-contacting soul, thought I was hearing from God. But humans are herd animals. And many,  maybe most, really really like leaders -- celebrities -- big men to follow....so a lot of people begin to coalesce around the stuff that the leader says.

And that seems to exacerbate the negativity about the outgroups. For some reason, a lot of people seem prone to fighting harder for ideas they got from a leader than they would for stuff they actually came to through their own personal meditations with God .... 

In short, there doesn't seem to be anything that'll stop most people from  assembling into tribes that hate each other's ideas, skin color, holidays, hairstyles, etc..... 

And I think religious faith taps into huge fears and anxieties for many people -- Death! Where will I go! Will I really burn for eternity! Could what I and my hero say possibly be wrong! --- that the fighting and nastiness get even worse when religion's involved than it does over other things ...........And, of course, you want to assert that you're right -- because if you're right about what God wants and others are wrong about it, then you really are more important, and righter, and, ultimately, safer than anybody else! So there!

Long story short: humans are herd animals and have a helluva time actually thinking and being on their own. No matter what the subject. That's my conclusion, at any rate. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, the original idea of Protestantism was basically that you were on your own. That you were supposed to contact God as an individual soul. That's a big part of the story of the Judeo- Christian tradition...

But then along with that goes the idea that there is only one God. So if God tells me one thing...and seems to tell you something else....well, then, given the way humans work, that almost certainly means that I think you're wrong.  And, sooner or later, I'll tell you about that. Or even try to burn you at the stake or chop your head off about that.

Even worse, suppose you contact God under a different name than I do. Like the Christian God, the Jewish God and Allah, for Muslims, are the same God, in the eyes of many thinkers and historians. But, of course, if we act like typical xenophobic humans -- who tend to be suspicious and disparaging of anybody who isn't in our in-group -- then we are really not having this. 

Then you add to that the fact that even within groups of people who are pretty much allied about the messages they individually believe they get from God, some people are going to want to be power players.

So groups of Protestants who are pretty much together on the ideas that they get individually from their contemplation of God (or even who are together in the same place) tend to get together into groups-that-all-believe-the-same-thing-but-now-they-have-a-big-leader, too...... So now we're probably even more likely to fight and disparage the out groups who hear God a little differently...

And then the big leader usually starts declaring stuff -- and pretty soon that stuff may veer quite far from what I, the individual God-contacting soul, thought I was hearing from God. But humans are herd animals. And many,  maybe most, really really like leaders -- celebrities -- big men to follow....so a lot of people begin to coalesce around the stuff that the leader says.

And that seems to exacerbate the negativity about the outgroups. For some reason, a lot of people seem prone to fighting harder for ideas they got from a leader than they would for stuff they actually came to through their own personal meditations with God .... 

In short, there doesn't seem to be anything that'll stop most people from  assembling into tribes that hate each other's ideas, skin color, holidays, hairstyles, etc..... 

And I think religious faith taps into huge fears and anxieties for many people -- Death! Where will I go! Will I really burn for eternity! Could what I and my hero say possibly be wrong! --- that the fighting and nastiness get even worse when religion's involved than it does over other things ...........And, of course, you want to assert that you're right -- because if you're right about what God wants and others are wrong about it, then you really are more important, and righter, and, ultimately, safer than anybody else! So there!

Long story short: humans are herd animals and have a helluva time actually thinking and being on their own. No matter what the subject. That's my conclusion, at any rate. 

Yes we are. It's what keeps us healthy and alive, while at the same time making us sick and effed-up.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Yes we are. It's what keeps us healthy and alive, while at the same time making us sick and effed-up.

Yep. Just like every other trait -- double-edged sword .... 

I think it might be one that becomes more dangerously double edged in so-called "advanced civilization." Not the only one, though! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I was watching one of the early episodes where the boys and girls swapped chores, the girls were learning to be mechanics and Boob actually said one day one of the girls might have to be the breadwinner for their family! What a stupid flipping liar. 

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Puffin said:

I was watching one of the early episodes where the boys and girls swapped chores, the girls were learning to be mechanics and Boob actually said one day one of the girls might have to be the breadwinner for their family! What a stupid flipping liar. 

Breadwinner in his pathetic mind means getting married and having babies right and left to keep the show going.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Breadwinner in his pathetic mind means getting married and having babies right and left to keep the show going.

They really don't trust their kids at all do they. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
deaja

As a reminder, the site's Politics Policy remains in effect.  Yes, Jim Bob is apparently running for office again. That does not make it an acceptable topic of conversation in here - unless for some mysterious reason, TLC brings the show back and it is discussed on there. Even then, it would be limited to how it was discussed on the show.

If you have any questions, please PM the mods, @SCARLETT45 and myself.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size