Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Puffin said:

I was watching one of the early episodes where the boys and girls swapped chores, the girls were learning to be mechanics and Boob actually said one day one of the girls might have to be the breadwinner for their family! What a stupid flipping liar. 

I have only seen a few episodes of the old show and even counting on, but I do remember this episode.  JB and to an extent Michelle played this whole concept for a laugh.  I can just see JB planning this episode with production carrying on about how funny it would be to make the boys cook and the girls change the oil in the cars, etc.  This family is so entrenched in these stereotypical gender roles that JB was never serious about one of his daughters being the breadwinner. 

Of course, in reality Jessa and Jill definitely are the breadwinners in their families with their TV money being used to finance Ben and Derick's whims.  But JB would not see this, he would see himself as the one giving this money to the Seewalds and Dillards and not that his daughters actually earned it for themselves.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

But JB would not see this, he would see himself as the one giving this money to the Seewalds and Dillards and not that his daughters actually earned it for themselves.

There's little that brings more satisfaction than being a legend in your own mind. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

Jill repairs her own car? Highly unlikely. I remember that switching roles 19KAC episode. Those giggly, silly girls hardly knew what a dip stick was and what it was for. "Jill working on her car' means that she watches her brothers service it for her. What bull crap is Anna trying to pass off there?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Jill repairs her own car? Highly unlikely. I remember that switching roles 19KAC episode. Those giggly, silly girls hardly knew what a dip stick was and what it was for. "Jill working on her car' means that she watches her brothers service it for her. What bull crap is Anna trying to pass off there?

She recently took a vehicle for an oil change with 2 children , and she probably puts gas in her car. That’s work!!

• LOL 17
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

She recently took a vehicle for an oil change with 2 children , and she probably puts gas in her car. That’s work!!

It's work in Duggarland. Especially if you do it before 3 in the afternoon. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 4

This is on Facebook today, from Jim Bob & Michelle. Such self-congratulatory rubbish! 

Duggar Family Official

We need to thank God for the good and bad that come our way in life, because God has promised that if we are seeking Him, He will make all things turn out for good in the end.
May 21st, 2002, I lost a race for US Senate that our family and many others had worked very hard to win. That night I thanked God for putting on my heart to run, thanked Him for all of the people that helped in the race, and even thanked Him for allowing us to lose. I said, God we are ready for our next assignment, whatever that is.
The next day a picture of our family walking into the voting precinct appeared in one of the largest newspapers in the country and just mentioned a guy name Jim Bob who has 13 children ran for US Senate in Arkansas and lost.

By God’s providence, a writer for Parents Magazine saw that article and contacted Michelle and asked if she could do a story about our large family.
We prayed about it, and then feeling God’s leading, we allowed the magazine to do an interview.
A few months later Eileen O’Neil that worked for Discovery Health Channel randomly picked up that issue of Parents Magazine while sitting in a waiting room. She called Bill Hayes that owned a production company and requested that he contact us and ask us if we would be open to participate in filming a one time documentary about our family.
We prayed about it and thought, maybe God is opening an opportunity for us to share with world that each child is a blessing from the Lord and to share Bible principles that have helped united our family.
After much prayer, we told the production company we would allow them to film our family, as long as they did not edit out our faith.
As they were filming that first show, Michelle found out she was pregnant with our 15th child. Jackson was born at the end of that first show called “14 Children & Pregnant Again!” 
Jackson is turning 15 this week on May 23.
Over the past 15 years God has allowed our family to have many highs and lows. Eight of our kids have gotten married, Grandpa Duggar & Jubilee passed away, Josie was born at 25 1/2 weeks gestation, weighing one pound, six ounces, God has lovingly carried us through every situation.
This July 21st we will celebrate 35 years of marriage, 20 children, 12 grandchildren with 5 more grandchildren on the way.

We challenge each family to dedicate every area of your lives to God, ask Him to forgive you for where you have failed, and ask God to give you a vision of what He wants to do with your family! 
It is an exciting adventure following the Lord!
-Jim Bob & Michelle

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2

Sure JB we should be blaming God for you and your wife turning into a couple of famewhoring, greedy, selfish, narcissistic, hateful, narrow minded, ignorant nitwits. Stop hiding behind God and the bible because people with half a brain can read between the lines and see the real you.

And God probably did not allow you to lose. He was sending you a message through the voters who saw what a clown you really are. You pimp out your own children for your own gain. I just can't with you either you stupid idiot.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

This is on Facebook today, from Jim Bob & Michelle. Such self-congratulatory rubbish! 

Duggar Family Official

We need to thank God for the good and bad that come our way in life, because God has promised that if we are seeking Him, He will make all things turn out for good in the end.
May 21st, 2002, I lost a race for US Senate that our family and many others had worked very hard to win. That night I thanked God for putting on my heart to run, thanked Him for all of the people that helped in the race, and even thanked Him for allowing us to lose. I said, God we are ready for our next assignment, whatever that is.
The next day a picture of our family walking into the voting precinct appeared in one of the largest newspapers in the country and just mentioned a guy name Jim Bob who has 13 children ran for US Senate in Arkansas and lost.

By God’s providence, a writer for Parents Magazine saw that article and contacted Michelle and asked if she could do a story about our large family.
We prayed about it, and then feeling God’s leading, we allowed the magazine to do an interview.
A few months later Eileen O’Neil that worked for Discovery Health Channel randomly picked up that issue of Parents Magazine while sitting in a waiting room. She called Bill Hayes that owned a production company and requested that he contact us and ask us if we would be open to participate in filming a one time documentary about our family.
We prayed about it and thought, maybe God is opening an opportunity for us to share with world that each child is a blessing from the Lord and to share Bible principles that have helped united our family.
After much prayer, we told the production company we would allow them to film our family, as long as they did not edit out our faith.
As they were filming that first show, Michelle found out she was pregnant with our 15th child. Jackson was born at the end of that first show called “14 Children & Pregnant Again!” 
Over the past 15 years God has allowed our family to have many highs and lows. Eight of our kids have gotten married, Grandpa Duggar & Jubilee passed away, Josie was born at 25 1/2 weeks gestation, weighing one pound, six ounces, God has lovingly carried us through every situation.
This July 21st we will celebrate 35 years of marriage, 20 children, 12 grandchildren with 5 more grandchildren on the way.

We challenge each family to dedicate every area of your lives to God, ask Him to forgive you for where you have failed, and ask God to give you a vision of what He wants to do with your family! 
-Jim Bob & Michelle

Ewww.

And since I date my depressing possibly unehalthy obsession with this hideous couple from this same primary campaign and those same sickening pictures (which got published around the damn world) -- double, triple, quadruple Ewwwww. 

They are really excited about this "we'll have 17 grandbabies -- 17! 17!! 17!!! -- by the end of this year" crap. They're saying it all over the place. So it's numbers again. Maybe they should rename the show: The Book of Numbers: The Next Generation. Or The Book of Numbers: Numbskulls Edition.

Also, now we're back to 20 kids, but we're mentioning Jubilee. So I guess both J'Caleb and Tyler are being skipped for this count? 

...Oh, and ask your kids just how exciting this all is.

As they mow lawns at your slum properties, continue to know no one but their own super-boring immediate family and nothing about the world except what's in the Gothard "Wisdom" books....and as they continue to pop out babies that, sooner or later, they'll have a helluva time feeding and clothing....

Of course, they always do look so excited and adventurous when they're sitting on the bus-station couches staring at their phones....

The only "exciting adventure" any Duggars experience is the egomaniacal fantasies playing inside JB's and M's head and continually telling them how fantastic they are.  (and HOW MANY BABIES AND GRANDBABIES THEY HAVE!!!!)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 20

The God allow us crap is sickening to say the very least. God has been trying to tell you something with each high and low. He probably was telling you something when they almost lost Josie, but he and Michelle did not listen. Once again. ignorance is blissful, and they are probably the most blissful people on the planet.

Sorry for sounding so cranky. Today a MT Highway Patrol trooper who was shot in the neck, face and head on March 15th is coming home today after being in the hospital since the shooting in Salt Lake City. When I look at him and see what he has been through and how he fights every single day since he was shot while been brave, tough and strong it makes me so darn proud along with the support he has been receiving in Montana and across the country and other countries, it makes me angry to see JB spilling out this drivel on how God allows the high and lows in his life while a young man in uniform was almost killed doing something he wants to because he wants to serve and protect makes me want to hunt down JB and slap the crap out of him and scream at him until I am blue in the face to get a freaking reality check and read between the freaking line about what God is really telling him.

(edited)
19 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Here are a few of things that just really, really irk me about JBoob and MEch's "Look How Blessed We Are" Facebook post:

Surely they realized that JB could lose the senate race (there could only be one winner). Very, very few people ever become a US senator.

Their getting a TV show is akin to winning the lottery IMO - just a lucky financial break that, again, very few people will ever experience.

Having a miscarriage (Jubilee) and a very premature baby (Josie) are heartbreaks to be sure, but since Michelle had SO many pregnancies, weren't her odds  increased to have those things happen?

Going through the death of an elderly parent (JB's dad) is certainly sad, but it's part of the circle of life. That wasn't some unique challenge that the Duggars went through.

JB & M say: "We challenge each family to dedicate every area of your lives to God, ask Him to forgive you for where you have failed, and ask God to give you a vision of what He wants to do with your family! It is an exciting adventure following the Lord!" 

This just sounds so smug. We all know there are "Godly" people and families who have hard lives, who struggle and suffer, who SACRIFICE. 

A bang-on commentary. 

I don't see how the stuff about the Senate race isn't utterly disingenuous, either. Well, that or, I suppose, just further evidence of JB"s absolutely overweening arrogance and confidence that he's God's golden boy.

I kept tabs on that Republican primary race for my job and the number of people anywhere who thought Jim Bob had the slightest shot of beating incumbent Republican Sen. Tim Hutchinson seemed to be countable on one hand.

And that was despite Hutchinson's marital breakup and marriage to a staff member, which many people did see as pretty hypocritical, given Hutchinson's big "Christian values" stance. Even though people in the state were mad at him, though, virtually nobody thought Jim Bob had a snowball's chance in hell of even making it an actual contest. And he didn't, losing with 20,546 votes to Hutchinson's 71,576.

And then Hutchinson went on to lose in the general -- so it wasn't that he was a strong candidate in Arkansas. JB was an exceptionally weak one. (proven further by his losing the next primary he entered too, for the state Senate, in 2006.)....But JB's memory of all this appears to be different. It was just God personally sending him down a better and -- incidentally -- more important and fame-heavy and influential, lucrative path...Yeah, right. 

There's no way that tons of people didn't tell JB that he should hold onto his money and not waste his time in that Senate primary. 

But of course, they were wrong and God and Jim Bob were right. Because he never would have gotten on the tv show if he hadn't run for the Senate, just like God wanted! 

Delusional! (or a fat liar....take your pick)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 19

Wait! I thought Jim Boob lost because there was "sin in the camp"! Sooo, either JB has been wrongly passive-aggressively punishing one of his kids for the last 15-16 years OR he's wrong about this being a reward from God for being the most Christ-like mega-family in the history of the world. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
(edited)
4 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

The next day a picture of our family and one other girl we passed off as one of our kids to make our family look larger walking into the voting precinct appeared in one of the largest newspapers in the country and just mentioned a guy name Jim Bob who has 13 children ran for US Senate in Arkansas and lost.

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Maybe I missed it but what was the motivation for that post? Was it an anniversary of some sort? 

Or just attention seeking?

He said that the election was May 21, so I suppose he's commemorating its anniversary.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Maybe I missed it but what was the motivation for that post? Was it an anniversary of some sort? 

Or just attention seeking?

I saw it as a resume and job interview to get them back on the show.  But I am jaded like that.

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
43 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Dear America, 

You've recently heard that as many as five of our children are giving us grandchildren this year. You may think our daughters and daughters-in-law are super fertile. But this week is the anniversary of Michelle giving birth to our 15th child on national television. We had four more children on television. We were lucky enough to get pregnant with #19 and #20, although we lost #20. Michelle is still the most fertile woman who ever lived and it is through her uterus we became famous. She has still given birth on tv more than any other member of the family. She is the bestest at pregnancy ever.  Our expanding family wouldn't be expanding in the same way without her. We're still coping with the challenge that is this season of life: menopause, but rest assured, the Duggar family is still trying to single-handedly overpopulate the planet. 

It is an exciting adventure for anyone else to even try to follow in our super-fertile footsteps--

--JB and Michelle. 

Excellent!

• Love 3
19 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Duggar Family Official

-Jim Bob & Michelle

I just woke up and starting reading about god putting on his heart and all I can think is putting on a heart like putting on a pair of pants.

• LOL 11
23 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I saw it as a resume and job interview to get them back on the show.  But I am jaded like that.

Perhaps they know Counting On is ending and want 19kac back. It happens when spinoffs fail. They aren't this desperate for no reason.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Perhaps they know Counting On is ending and want 19kac back. It happens when spinoffs fail. They aren't this desperate for no reason.

Maybe they could bring back those fake Duggar girls they had beefing up the visible family size in the old photos. The fam can just pretend that those girls have been Duggarlings all along and then marry them off.

Duggar-bride weddings seem to be the biggest winner for TLC. 

And lying comes pretty naturally to the whole Duggar clan by now. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7

They said 20 children.

So is that the 19 living children + Tyler?

Is that Jubilee and not the early miscarriage named Caleb????  

I'm guessing it's the 19 living + Tyler.  Jim Bob did NOT read Lauren's sign that says the miscarriages are added in the head count.

It should read 19+ Tyler + Jubliee+ Caleb. That's 22.

WTF Duggars???  

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, Marigold said:

They said 20 children.

So is that the 19 living children + Tyler?

Is that Jubilee and not the early miscarriage named Caleb????  

I'm guessing it's the 19 living + Tyler.  Jim Bob did NOT read Lauren's sign that says the miscarriages are added in the head count.

It should read 19+ Tyler + Jubliee+ Caleb. That's 22.

WTF Duggars???  

That should have been the name of the show. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

I'll say this for JB and Michelle; they're actually pretty consistent when it comes to counting their kids. Since Josie was born they've said 19. After the second miscarriage, they still said 19. It was only after Tyler came to live with them that they said 20. Since Tyler seems to be there for a long time, I think it's good that they include him. 

• Love 6

I need all of you to refresh my memory. Besides Austin, do any of the Duggar men actually work? Or let me rephrase that, what exactly do they tell people they do for jobs? Do all the guys and in-laws tell people they work for Boob? And if so, what are they actually doing ?

And, if Boob is somehow supporting all of them and all of their children, how long does he think that will last? The families are growing and I doubt his income can keep up.  And he has investments, but I doubt he actually has that much available cash. 

Does anyone have a real idea how much they get paid for the show?

• Love 12
9 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Does anyone have a real idea how much they get paid for the show?

No, I'm pretty sure they're not allowed to disclose how much they make while they've got a contract. We're not even sure HOW they're being paid. A lot of people here believe that it goes into a family trust controlled by Jim Bob and he doles out the money as he sees fit. 

As for jobs, I think Josh is still running a used car lot and John has a towing business. Jeremy was a pastor, but I'm pretty sure he'll be living on student loans and TLC money while he's in school. Derick is probably being subsidized by student loans, also. As to what Joe, Josiah, and Ben do, nobody has said.

However, for everyone but the Dillards and Josh, their main job is filming the show. The women have secondary jobs being social media influencers and product marketers. I don't think they're necessarily very good at it, but they're trying. 

• Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 2:21 PM, OpieTaylor said:

So, how did Josh molesting 5 little girls turn up good in the end? Anna's opportunity to show us an example of what a loving, forgiving, Christian, brood mare behaves?

• Love 3
(edited)
22 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

The boys probably also help with the car selling business, doing some basic maintenance on the vehicles 

There is a scary thought. Buying a used car from a Duggar along with Duggars doing basic maintenance on the vehicle. I would hitchhike or crawl on my hands and knees than buy a car from Smugs or one a Duggar boy did any type of maintenance on.

Edited by bigskygirl

It would be so nice if they would give us a detailed version of "a day in the life of  (fill in a Duggar name)"  We are so tired of hearing  the generalization that they work for JB.  Well what exactly do they do?  Are one or two sons responsible for the lawn maintenance of the properties?  Is Tuesday car auction day followed by car repair day on Wednesdays?  Who does the car repairs? the house flips?  Enquiring minds want to know...

• Love 17
1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

The boys probably also help with the car selling business, doing some basic maintenance on the vehicles 

Isn't that just a crappy side of the road business? How many cars can they sell? Enough to support the ones involved ?

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, BrianJ1962 said:

Whose going to take care of Boob and/or Mechelle if they can't take care of themselves when they get older? My bet is old maid Jana

I have an old office chair she can use to wheel them around!

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
On 5/24/2019 at 9:37 AM, TresGatos said:

So, how did Josh molesting 5 little girls turn up good in the end? Anna's opportunity to show us an example of what a loving, forgiving, Christian, brood mare behaves?

It's an example of the "amazing transformative power of Christ's love to turn badly behaved people back to the path of righteousness" ("CAPMMV", otherwise known as "Christian Autocrats' Phrasing Mileage May Vary"; but that's the idea).

On 5/19/2019 at 4:28 AM, Temperance said:

One of the first questions is about the Duggar girls wearing pants and skirts. Michelle answers in a long about way (01:38:20-01:46:35). It's clear she has given this a LOT of thought and in some ways is very clear about she believes. She quotes Deuteronomy 22:5 says "it is not good for a woman to wear that which pertaineth to a man." She talks about clothing should identify you and says in "our society" skirts/dresses are for women. She says "our society" which perhaps means she does know Jesus wore dresses. She says it's a personal conviction she developed on her own (even JB didn't decide this). (She was 21 when she decided this, so pre-Gothard.) She is upset our society is confused about who uses which bathrooms. She seems judgmental about the roles of men and women. However she says it is not her place to judge other women for wearing pants; it is God's. She taught her daughters to obey their husbands, and (01:45:30-01:46:48) that "the leader will have to give an answer to God"

Oh, shut up Mechelle:  everyone knows what "it's not my place to judge" means in this situation.  Translation:  "It's totally my place to judge and I know beyond a universal doubt that it's wrong for women to wear men's clothes; I just don't want to have to worry about being hated for saying it; and I certainly don't want my daughters sent to burn in hellfire eternal for wearing pants either, so we're going to blame the husbands."  If it's wrong it's wrong.  You either think something is represented in the Bible; or you don't.  If the Bible was written in a time when everyone wore robes regardless of their sex; then the author/deity means something different than what you think.  If it was really important, Jesus could have worked on that whole clothing differentiation thing back in the day.

On 5/19/2019 at 5:46 PM, GeeGolly said:

So if the wife obeys the husband does she get a get-into-heaven-free card if he tells her to wear pants, drink wine and shake her booty to music?

We'll know by how Famy turns out...

On 5/20/2019 at 8:58 AM, Ohiopirate02 said:

Their belief system really does not work unless you get saved right before you die.  Getting "saved" at 15 and living until 90 means that you are on this earth for another 75 years sinning away.  If you take their beliefs literally, then it does not matter what you do God has already forgiven you.  What incentive do you to live a law-abiding life when you already have this get out of jail free card?  I know that they would say that you were not really saved at 15 if you sin too badly as an adult, but this statement does not logically follow their first.  So Michelle is saying that because she was saved at 15, God has already forgiven her for not protecting her daughters from Josh.  Therefore she would face no judgement or punishment from God for her sins.  She will be welcomed into heaven at the moment of death because she was saved at 15.  There is no logic to this reasoning at all.  If you think about, their logic says that a gay person could get into heaven if they repent on their death bed.  But, they don't have the brain-power to see this.

At this point, I believe that Christians basically say (I mean, I heard it about 25,000 times growing up, so I'm pretty sure); that (1), if the gay person repents on their deathbed within 5 minutes of their death that's A-OK; just the assumption is, that in order for this to happen you have to know you're going to die, and not everyone dies peaceably in their sleep.  What's about those people who die in fiery mode-of-transport deaths?; and (2), there are a host of issues that won't let fundies with more than average brainpower be at rest, as follows:

Sinning willfully carries with it the idea of sinning continually and deliberately. Such a person does not sin because of ignorance, nor is he carried away by momentary temptations he is too weak to resist. The willful sinner sins because of an established way of thinking and acting which he has no desire to give up. The true believer, on the other hand, is one who lapses into sin and loses temporary fellowship with God. But he will eventually come back to God in repentance because his heavenly Father will continually woo and convict him until he can’t stay away any longer. The true apostate will continue to sin, deliberately, willingly and with abandon.

More here:  https://www.gotquestions.org/Hebrews-10-26.html

• Love 3

There are a bunch of fundie-snark-following accounts on Tumblr. This week someone asked "why are the Duggars famous?" After this question was asked and answered by fundie snarkers on Tumblr, JB and Michelle posted that Facebook post @OpieTaylor posted.  The snarkers on Tumblr now think it's a reply to their posts why the Duggars are famous. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, queenanne said:

At this point, I believe that Christians basically say (I mean, I heard it about 25,000 times growing up, so I'm pretty sure); that (1), if the gay person repents on their deathbed within 5 minutes of their death that's A-OK; just the assumption is, that in order for this to happen you have to know you're going to die, and not everyone dies peaceably in their sleep.  What's about those people who die in fiery mode-of-transport deaths?; and (2), there are a host of issues that won't let fundies with more than average brainpower be at rest, as follows:

More here:  https://www.gotquestions.org/Hebrews-10-26.html

Or those who die of heart attacks in flagrante delicto?

• LOL 6
On 5/23/2019 at 11:22 PM, Temperance said:

I'll say this for JB and Michelle; they're actually pretty consistent when it comes to counting their kids. Since Josie was born they've said 19. After the second miscarriage, they still said 19. It was only after Tyler came to live with them that they said 20. Since Tyler seems to be there for a long time, I think it's good that they include him. 

All snarking aside, 😀

I think Jim Bob is counting his 19 bio children and Tyler.  I will give teeny tiny credit to Jim Bob for making Tyler feel like he is part of the family. 

*the cynical side of me think Jim Bob likes to beat the Bates and got to 20 first. 

• Love 10