Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 6/17/2019 at 12:52 AM, ginger90 said:

B1BC8F21-2788-4755-8B34-12D10E20B671.jpeg

B1BC76A6-C0D3-4AB9-B317-240EBB193591.jpeg

With the passing of grandma, we’ve been reminded of how precious time together with family is, basically “Pops” you’re next 😉

Edited by Puffin
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

Yesterday, we celebrated Grandma Duggar’s life with our family and our friends. We cried, we smiled, we laughed, we prayed, we hugged, we rejoiced. Death and loss bring the deepest of emotions to the surface. Yet, our emotions rest in the peace of knowing Christ. It is phenomenal to realize that none of us are perfect, we’ve all failed, yet a loving and redemptive God is willing to forgive our sins, be with us throughout life, and give us eternal life with Him IF we put our trust in Christ and follow Him. Grandma’s life was beautiful in so many ways. She was devoted to her family, she was a servant, she always put others before herself, she was feisty and funny, she was fashionable. She was ours and through the years we shared her with the world and she never minded. She was always thinking about others. She was bold, yet humble. Yesterday, as we gathered to honor her life we realized how deeply she’s impacted each of us. We recounted all she’s done for us and all she’s meant to us. We still can’t really process that she’s gone. We don’t want her to be gone. We want to hug her one more time. She will continue to inspire all of us with her faith and the life she lived. Our memories of her become a treasure, which we will hold tightly. Above all, we are so thankful that today she beholds the wonders of an eternal life that we cannot fully imagine and that some day, we too will be with her again. Thank you for your prayers and so many kind words. Our family can never fully express our gratitude for the love and support you’ve shown us.

One of the pictures that was included, some of the others were already posted by Jill.

C2A6F833-1846-424D-9CEE-A5D764603BCB.jpeg

16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Yesterday, we celebrated Grandma Duggar’s life with our family and our friends. We cried, we smiled, we laughed, we prayed, we hugged, we rejoiced. Death and loss bring the deepest of emotions to the surface. Yet, our emotions rest in the peace of knowing Christ. It is phenomenal to realize that none of us are perfect, we’ve all failed, yet a loving and redemptive God is willing to forgive our sins, be with us throughout life, and give us eternal life with Him IF we put our trust in Christ and follow Him. Grandma’s life was beautiful in so many ways. She was devoted to her family, she was a servant, she always put others before herself, she was feisty and funny, she was fashionable. She was ours and through the years we shared her with the world and she never minded. She was always thinking about others. She was bold, yet humble. Yesterday, as we gathered to honor her life we realized how deeply she’s impacted each of us. We recounted all she’s done for us and all she’s meant to us. We still can’t really process that she’s gone. We don’t want her to be gone. We want to hug her one more time. She will continue to inspire all of us with her faith and the life she lived. Our memories of her become a treasure, which we will hold tightly. Above all, we are so thankful that today she beholds the wonders of an eternal life that we cannot fully imagine and that some day, we too will be with her again. Thank you for your prayers and so many kind words. Our family can never fully express our gratitude for the love and support you’ve shown us.

One of the pictures that was included, some of the others were already posted by Jill.

Grinning like lunatics. I just can't with these people.

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Grinning like lunatics. I just can't with these people.

When my parents passed away, my dad in August and my mom the following April, so 8 months apart... I doubt I was even coherent, let alone able to grin like that. Sheesh. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Lunera said:

I don't think I've ever seen her smile that big.

Either: 1). she's heavily medicated; 2). she's deep into the Fundie "when somebody dies, it means they're with Jesus now, so we should all be rejoicing, not grieving" Kool-Aid; or 3). she never liked Mary and can't hide her delight at finally being rid of her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

That's the nicest I've seen the Duggars' front yard.  Jana must have been busy ordering around the Howlers to organize that garden.  And those big landscaping rocks seem new, too.  Those are very expensive.

They have shown episodes in the past about landscaping the yard, planting plants, and it has always failed and everything died since no one cared enough to water and care for it.  It's always looked like Jessa and Ben's front yard.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Who takes pics like that at a parents funeral?  At the cemetery?  With the favorite child at that.  I can't with these people. 

My extended family took a group shot at the cemetery for my great-grandmother's burial. It's not uncommon. 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Heathen said:

My extended family took a group shot at the cemetery for my great-grandmother's burial. It's not uncommon. 

I agree especially if the family has not been together in awhile.  Now a family like the Duggars who all live in the same state (minus Jinger), it does seem odd.  I could maybe see one large group shot of all the Duggar kids and grandkids with JB and his sister in the middle.  But, a shot of just JB, Michelle and Josie strikes me as out of place.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Are the beds in front of the house photoshopped or did Jana do that?

I’m actually more amazed by all the men in this photo that are wearing shorts. Remember when JB and the boys ran a 5k race in jeans?  None of them were allowed to wear shorts until Ben came into the family and continued to wear them like he always had. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, louannems said:

That's the nicest I've seen the Duggars' front yard.  Jana must have been busy ordering around the Howlers to organize that garden.  And those big landscaping rocks seem new, too.  Those are very expensive.

They have shown episodes in the past about landscaping the yard, planting plants, and it has always failed and everything died since no one cared enough to water and care for it.  It's always looked like Jessa and Ben's front yard.

I am surprised how nice it all looks.  It's not perfectly manicured but it at least is appropriate and seems to be well planned out and executed.  I was always pissed how they half-assed many of their gardening projects and then let them fall into disarray (remember the "greenhouse"?)   With that many school-aged children, there is absolutely no reason they can't have a decently landscaped yard and a nice garden.  I'm glad that it seems Jana is making it happen.

• Love 2

June 25, 2019

The photos below are considered the property of the Duggar Family and may only be used with their written permission. To request permission to use the photos please click here.

Being parents ourselves is one of the most amazing experiences in life, however, we could have never anticipated the joy being grandparents brings us. We cannot wait to meet these new little granddaughters! —Jim Bob & Michelle

Josiah & Lauren

After suffering from a miscarriage last year, Lauren and Josiah have been cherishing every step of her current pregnancy. So when it came to finding out the gender, they wanted to be surprised along with everyone else! They had bloodwork done to determine the gender and gave the results to Lauren’s sister Lily. At a small party, each family member was given a balloon filled with white, pink or blue confetti and whichever balloon had either blue or pink would determine the gender. But Lily surprised them by hiding one final balloon in the back with the actual reveal confetti – PINK! It’s a girl for Josiah and Lauren!

"We are so grateful for God blessing us with a sweet baby girl! If she only knew how loved and how many people have already been praying for her! She truly is a gift...a miracle from God.” —Lauren

Joe & Kendra

This gender reveal was centered around Garrett’s first birthday party and they gave him a smash cake! Garrett was the person who revealed that he was having a baby sister once he got to the middle of the cake and there was pink frosting!

"Parenting has already proven to be more wonderful than we could have dreamed. Even though we come from large families, there is nothing like having your own children. We are so thrilled that a little girl will be joining our family! Garrett is going to be such a great big brother." —Kendra

The color pink keeps on revealing itself around here, and we couldn't be more thrilled! Congrats to Josh & Anna, Josiah & Lauren, and Joe & Kendra!!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

June 25, 2019

The photos below are considered the property of the Duggar Family and may only be used with their written permission. To request permission to use the photos please click here.

Being parents ourselves is one of the most amazing experiences in life, however, we could have never anticipated the joy being grandparents brings us. We cannot wait to meet these new little granddaughters! —Jim Bob & Michelle

Josiah & Lauren

After suffering from a miscarriage last year, Lauren and Josiah have been cherishing every step of her current pregnancy. So when it came to finding out the gender, they wanted to be surprised along with everyone else! They had bloodwork done to determine the gender and gave the results to Lauren’s sister Lily. At a small party, each family member was given a balloon filled with white, pink or blue confetti and whichever balloon had either blue or pink would determine the gender. But Lily surprised them by hiding one final balloon in the back with the actual reveal confetti – PINK! It’s a girl for Josiah and Lauren!

"We are so grateful for God blessing us with a sweet baby girl! If she only knew how loved and how many people have already been praying for her! She truly is a gift...a miracle from God.” —Lauren

Joe & Kendra

This gender reveal was centered around Garrett’s first birthday party and they gave him a smash cake! Garrett was the person who revealed that he was having a baby sister once he got to the middle of the cake and there was pink frosting!

"Parenting has already proven to be more wonderful than we could have dreamed. Even though we come from large families, there is nothing like having your own children. We are so thrilled that a little girl will be joining our family! Garrett is going to be such a great big brother." —Kendra

The color pink keeps on revealing itself around here, and we couldn't be more thrilled! Congrats to Josh & Anna, Josiah & Lauren, and Joe & Kendra!!

Twelve exclamation points in that post. Twelve. Learn a new punctuation mark, rubes. If everything is the most! exciting! sweetest!! special! thing! ever!!! then nothing is.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, heckkitty said:

I can't even begin to parse this sentence.  

Don't you know how babies are made? God makes the baby whatever you revel via a cake, confetti, or skywriting. Babies that didn't have a reveal are considered nonbinairy.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 17
3 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Same; I have no idea what the idea was for those balloons, based on that explanation

I believe it was all a fake-out  because the final ballon that she had hidden was the actual reveal. So they had multiple balloons for each color... as if they were having a litter. 

I didn’t know that you could tell gender from the Mother’s bloodwork. Did they draw blood from the fetus? Wouldn’t an ultrasound have been better? 

I do like the idea that Joe and Kendra used of putting the color in Garrett’s cake. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
44 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

didn’t know that you could tell gender from the Mother’s bloodwork. Did they draw blood from the fetus? Wouldn’t an ultrasound have been better? 

@doodlebug could explain more, but my sister had Non Invasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT) done. It's used to detect genetic disorders using a blood test from the mother because, from what I understand, blood contains "cell free DNA" which are remains of cells containing DNA that make their way into your blood as part of the breakdown process. A pregnant woman's blood contains both her cell free DNA and that from the placenta, which is usually identical to her baby's. By isolating the placental DNA they can do early screens for multiple birth defects - mostly the trisomies - but can also pretty accurately determine gender. (As far as I know it's not diagnostic so they'd do further testing for positive results, but it's still a pretty cool option at very little risk. (Though I'm not familiar with the prevailence of false positives.))

Edited by McManda
  • Useful 7
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Same; I have no idea what the idea was for those balloons, based on that explanation

Having read that several times, I think that everyone was given a balloon - if you popped it and white confetti fell out, you didn't have the "Gender reveal" balloon. If yours spilled either pink or blue, then that was the GR balloon. But then, SURPRISE!11!!! The GR balloon had been hidden until the end all along! Blah.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, Gweilo said:

Having read that several times, I think that everyone was given a balloon - if you popped it and white confetti fell out, you didn't have the "Gender reveal" balloon. If yours spilled either pink or blue, then that was the GR balloon. But then, SURPRISE!11!!! The GR balloon had been hidden until the end all along! Blah.

That is do wasteful and not even a good opportunity for photographs. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, McManda said:

@doodlebug could explain more, but my sister had Non Invasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT) done. It's used to detect genetic disorders using a blood test from the mother because, from what I understand, blood contains "cell free DNA" which are remains of cells containing DNA that make their way into your blood as part of the breakdown process. A pregnant woman's blood contains both her cell free DNA and that from the placenta, which is usually identical to her baby's. By isolating the placental DNA they can do early screens for multiple birth defects - mostly the trisomies - but can also pretty accurately determine gender. (As far as I know it's not diagnostic so they'd do further testing for positive results, but it's still a pretty cool option at very little risk. (Though I'm not familiar with the prevailence of false positives.))

This is a pretty good explanation.  The test costs around $400 and is usually offered to women over 35 and to women with a history of prior children with chromosomal abnormalities.  Its actual purpose is to detect chromosomal problems in the baby as early as possible to give the couple options for further evaluation and perhaps to opt to end the pregnancy based on the results.  It is not meant to be a gender reveal tool, but, since it can give results at least a  month earlier than an ultrasound, I can see why the Duggars are doing it.  In real life, in women receiving actual prenatal care, young women such as Lauren and Kendra wouldn't be encouraged to have the test at all since their risk of chromosomal abnormalities is so low,

Of course, when it comes to pregnancy, we've seen that the Duggars are only interested in medical advances or technology that they find entertaining/allow them to get attention.  Things like delivering in a hospital or seeing a real practitioner are optional because there's no PR value there.

I work for a major hospital system and we've been using free fetal DNA testing for several years.  As it has caught on, the legitimate labs are swamped with samples from people who actually have a medical need for the test.  When a woman who doesn't qualify medically for the screening requests to have it done, she receives information on the out-of-pocket cost for the test since insurance doesn't cover unnecessary testing and discovering the baby's genetic sex at 10-12 weeks is the definition of unnecessary.

The test we use has the brand name Materniti 21.

https://www.integratedgenetics.com/patients/pregnancy/maternit21plus

• Useful 15
  • Love 4
(edited)
20 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Bet $5 Jim Blob and MOTY can’t name all their kids and grandchildren.

Jana wrote Mary's obituary. Duh. 😁

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

I read it four times and based on the way the result was finally revealed, I think all the balloons had white confetti in them and then the hidden ballon with the pink confetti was brought out. 

• Love 3

Geez, for a minute there I was afraid that white meant a dead baby! Pink, blue, white. Didn’t they have a white balloon for Asa?

You never know where these people are going anymore. Jill’s a sexpert. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 3

I would love to know how Jim Bob really feels reading Jilly's Sex Advice posts. Especially the Hindu book.

Seriously. Is he annoyed?  Happy she is getting clicks?  (ha ha)  

• Love 6

I think he’s embarrassed. I have a 27 and 26 year old, and I’d be embarrassed if my kids advertised to the world that they were making use of the Kama Sutra on the daily. I’m not nearly as modest as the elder Duggars are either. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
(edited)

I take it masturbation is taboo with the family(ies)? Because neither female or male self masturbation or partner masturbation leads to baby making. So Muffin buffin for the Duggar women and Milking the lizard for the Duggar men is out?

Edited by BrianJ1962
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

What the hell is Internalizing Truth? Keeping your fundy mouth shut and looking adoringly at your idiot husband because he had the fortune to be born with balls and not a uterus, even though deep down you know you're smarter?

• Love 17
On 6/19/2019 at 1:38 AM, ginger90 said:

I really wanted to like this post and then I saw the photo WTF! 

On 6/19/2019 at 10:50 AM, floridamom said:

Why is Michelle still having to 'restrain' Josie in photos? Something is not right there, IMO.

Maybe Josie is the one restraining Michelle.

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

0CA60613-266C-49C2-A454-3AC95D9104D0.jpeg

Michelle is not even close to any of her daughters! Who would want to listen to her give advice about anything? Sit down Michelle you were an incubator that’s all. I bet rats have better relationships with their offspring than this idiot.

• Love 19