Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
48 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm not seeing a subdivision. I see a house fairly secluded, other than a couple of homes across the street. 

Every room is huge. I can't imagine living in rooms that large. I know some people must, but I can't wrap my head around it. I'll take the closets though.

No, it's a subdivision, although a quite small one. It seems that it was a pretty exclusive and pricey subdivision back in 1969 when the guy built this house. 

The subdivision even has a  name. (not mentionable because it makes it easy to find the house on Google maps)

The road goes around this house on three sides, and there's another row of  subdivision houses on the same street as it runs behind the house. Those houses are the same size and vintage as well. They're all very secluded by trees and most of them have big in-ground pools in various fancy shapes. The houses are comparable in size, of pretty much the same vintage as each other and the landscaping of the whole area is of piece. 

This house and the houses near it are at the back end of the subdivision where the roads wind around back to the front again. 

All of this is visible on Google maps but not in the realtor's pictures. 

It's a subdivision of the old school, where the houses aren't like each other and are built by different architects but nevertheless are part of a unified plot that some land developer laid out as a subdivision with a certain kind of customer in mind -- a certain size of lot and certain landscaping, and, as @Oldernowiser mentioned above, possibly with certain covenants.  

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Every room is huge. I can't imagine living in rooms that large. I know some people must, but I can't wrap my head around it. I'll take the closets though.

That central living space would be good if you were practicing to be a trapeze artist.  ;  )

48 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Maybe JB has a secret life as a Peeping Tom.

He did over a house and included 9 bathrooms.  Maybe he's also a Pooping Tom. 

• LOL 22
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

That central living space would be good if you were practicing to be a trapeze artist.  ;  )

He did over a house and included 9 bathrooms.  Maybe he's also a Pooping Tom. 

Maybe JB needs to store his hair spray he uses in nine bathrooms.

I’m sorry, but in those photos that Lunera posted, is that a rotisserie wedged into an alcove?  The house has ten thousand square feet and it’s shoved into a niche?  Four kitchens in this place and it’s is not in a single one of them, but instead is at the edge of a huge glossy floor where its nearest neighbor is a ping pong table?  

This remodel is so bizarre, it’s disorienting:  an architectual version of Citrus & Gatorade.

• LOL 13
  • Love 4

Hey,  Jim Bob:  You have 4 daughters and 2 daughters-in-law who are also mothers.  Don't they deserve a Happy Mother's Day too?  Not to mention the single daughter who basically does all of the "mothering" in your house.🤬

• Love 19
(edited)
2 hours ago, On the Bias said:

I’m sorry, but in those photos that Lunera posted, is that a rotisserie wedged into an alcove?  The house has ten thousand square feet and it’s shoved into a niche?  Four kitchens in this place and it’s is not in a single one of them, but instead is at the edge of a huge glossy floor where its nearest neighbor is a ping pong table?  

This remodel is so bizarre, it’s disorienting:  an architectual version of Citrus & Gatorade.

You don't play ping-pong with one hand and roast meat with the other?

I am sure I thought about this more that Boob did, but it kind of looks like the rotisserie may share the chimney for what looks like a fireplace that is 90 degrees removed from it. But it is probably just random.

Edited by jcbrown
And it's still stupid to have the rotisserie somewhere other than one of the FOUR kitchens.
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Hey,  Jim Bob:  You have 4 daughters and 2 daughters-in-law who are also mothers.  Don't they deserve a Happy Mother's Day too?  Not to mention the single daughter who basically does all of the "mothering" in your house.🤬

Yeah. More evidence of how much the shithead loves his kids. He thinks of nothing but his damn self and never has thought of anything else in his life as far as I can see. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Lunera said:

A few more

Screenshot_20190512-103449_YouTube-1920x1080.thumb.jpg.bfc5716b5cc4790af125ba5c6d53a97d.jpgScreenshot_20190512-103344_YouTube-1920x1080.thumb.jpg.57910c5b4da8123a7b053fc39409f7cb.jpgScreenshot_20190512-103452_YouTube-1920x1080.thumb.jpg.87478be7cfc16a99871c63694fad2400.jpgScreenshot_20190512-103723_YouTube-1920x1080.thumb.jpg.cb47f3978fb79d015b7af99717b78f36.jpgScreenshot_20190512-103413_YouTube-1920x1080.thumb.jpg.5592d19d21e263b7bba49921f4508d5f.jpgScreenshot_20190512-103423_YouTube-1920x1080.thumb.jpg.772813aa74dcc22d27c543efc0aa2086.jpgScreenshot_20190512-103553_YouTube-1920x1080.thumb.jpg.cc277a98e49058be426fc8b02c87a425.jpg

Is that top picture supposed to be one of the kitchens? That's not a kitchen, that's a wet bar complete with wine fridge.  Kudos to whoever called it. 

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Is that top picture supposed to be one of the kitchens? That's not a kitchen, that's a wet bar complete with wine fridge.  Kudos to whoever called it. 

Yes its a wet bar and another one of the "kitchens"  is a butlers pantry.  The house does have 2 kitchens though.   It does make sense to have a small kitchen on the ground floor in that huge house for entertaining.  I am surprised that JB put in a wine fridge but called it a kitchen. 

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

I am sure I thought about this more that Boob did, but it kind of looks like the rotisserie may share the chimney for what looks like a fireplace that is 90 degrees removed from it. But it is probably just random.

One of the best and funniest lines I have seen on here. I could picture one of the Duggars trying this.

2 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Bwah! What a mental picture!

Actually, in some ways this reminds me of a house we put in an offer on back when we were house-hunting (and ended up with the place we have now). It was, of course, a quarter of the square footage, but included, in addition to a rather nice one-floor living area, an indoor pool in the basement, adjacent to a great lower-level family room with fireplace which shared a flue with a built-in pizza oven and a bar in the next room over. It was THE most awesome entertaining house ever, which (at that point, since Mr. Jyn had not yet retired), was one of the things we were looking for)! Unfortunately, it turned out that somehow they had managed to put it on the market for a price which was not going to cover what they still owed to the bank. The whole pool-in-the-basement thing did give us pause, but apparently if it's done right, it can be a perfectly legitimate route. The whole thing never did get to the point of having a building inspector go through it, but I still kinda covet that house to this day. It was right across the street from a winery (albeit a small one which imported a lot of its grapes from California), too!

• Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, Lunera said:

The company that photographed the house posted a 360 video on YouTube. The video has the address so here are a few screenshots. 

Screenshot_20190512-103321_YouTube-1920x1080.thumb.jpg.12a313d6bb239b82de8ab6e67a6020f3.jpgScreenshot_20190512-103328_YouTube-1920x1080.thumb.jpg.75520a98f6b751004423b37f70f8afbc.jpgScreenshot_20190512-103333_YouTube-1920x1080.thumb.jpg.34280bf467dbb99e0653eb26a7857232.jpgScreenshot_20190512-103416_YouTube-1920x1080.thumb.jpg.0a285d1b4f0c58c771cf56c59101410c.jpgScreenshot_20190512-103410_YouTube-1920x1080.thumb.jpg.c58959a5fe58d1492b13e9a772305220.jpg

Based on these photos plus the other ones, I would say it's three kitchens plus a wet bar and maybe a butler's pantry.  All three of the upper photos do look like legit kitchens to me.  It's that "fourth one" of just a sink and some cabinets that's a wet bar. If Kody and his four wives eventually move in, after enough of their kids move out, we know which "kitchen" Meri will get/want. 

Edited by Temperance
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

Based on these photos plus the other ones, I would say it's three kitchens plus a wet bar and maybe a butler's pantry.  All three of the upper photos do look like legit kitchens to me.  It's that "fourth one" of just a sink and some cabinets that's a wet bar. If Kody and his four wives eventually move in, after enough of their kids move out, we know which "kitchen" Meri will get/want. 

In the photos above does it look like the white kitchen with white countertops that's off the main kitchen only has a sink and dishwasher? Maybe it's a (rather large)Butler's Kitchen/Pantry?

If so, that whittles it down to two kitchens, a large pantry w/sink and dishwasher and a wet bar. The Duggars and the realtor would do better to advertise it that way.

• Love 4
(edited)
21 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe after some years have passed. I expect at the moment JB would really rather sell it for 1.8 million dollars! 

True, I suppose Ben playing pastor would be put on the back burner for over a million dollars.

When I heard four kitchens I was thinking massive ones based on the size of the house but two of the smaller kitchens(if that’s what you’d call them) don’t look much like kitchens at all one is shoved in the corner.Also six bedrooms would’ve been more impressive than the added kitchens but whatever I suppose someone will buy it, not sure about the asking price though 🤔

Edited by Puffin
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Puffin said:

True, I suppose Ben playing pastor would be put on the back burner for over a million dollars.

When I heard four kitchens I was thinking massive ones based on the size of the house but two of the smaller kitchens(if that’s what you’d call them) don’t look much like kitchens at all one is shoved in the corner.Also six bedrooms would’ve been more impressive than the added kitchens but whatever I suppose someone will buy it, not sure about the asking price though 🤔

I don't think JB added the kitchens. I'm guessing he updated what was already there and is misusing the description of kitchen and that's why the original listing didn't say 4 kitchens. None of the 'kitchens' are in a natural place for a bedroom. 

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

The picture included in Jim Bob’s Mother’s Day post elsewhere, had an ad for Pet Smart on the page. “ Come in for a Bath, Haircut or Walk-in Grooming services”, cracked me up!

• LOL 10

Folks, a reminder that it is not ok to post addresses, even partially obscured. Pictures of the home are fine, but no Zillow links, hints, etc as to the actual address. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

2 kitchens, a butlers pantry and a wet bar.

Are we sure it had an indoor pool?

I don't think this is the house that had the indoor pool but other sources say it is.  I don't remember the pool  house being as big as this one when Jill & Jessa (or whoever) were touring it. 

• Love 4

I don't think this is the house that had the indoor pool but other sources say it is.  I don't remember the pool  house being as big as this one when Jill & Jessa (or whoever) were touring it. 

Okay. If it is that house, I'm just trying to get an idea where the pool was.

On 5/12/2019 at 6:13 AM, Churchhoney said:

Well, the guy who built the house said he was thinking of Frank Lloyd Wright's round houses. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the church architects thought of those, too. 

image.png.4b2772f8ab816f5d9764730bebb90f53.png

That’s Fred Flintstone’s home.

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
(edited)
52 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Okay. If it is that house, I'm just trying to get an idea where the pool was.

it if was there, it's possible it was in the basement, I think. That seems like the most likely place to me, given what we've seen of the floor plan -- although there could easily be major parts of the floor plan that we've never seen...........

Nevertheless, there doesn't seem to be any place in the central part of the house where it could have been ....not with the kinds of walls there are there and the spiral staircase and so on. So it's gotta either be one of the wings or the basement, I think. 

And in the basement what was the pool could now just be a room and you'd never know there'd been a pool there.....Like the room with the mirrors or something. That could easily have been an in-ground pool that they had removed and then just put a floor over.

It's pretty expensive to remove them responsibly, though. Experts have to do it. That'd be part of the cost JB is looking to recoup, no doubt. (if this is indeed the house that had the pool....)

It would annoy the heck out of him because he wouldn't be able to tell the prospective buyers about some great benefit he's given them......Nobody wants to pay for having a swimming pool taken away from them....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
14 hours ago, Temperance said:

With the first kitchen, the walls don’t even reach the ceiling. 

Screenshot_20190512-103328_YouTube-1920x

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

it if was there, it's possible it was in the basement, I think. That seems like the most likely place to me, given what we've seen of the floor plan -- although there could easily be major parts of the floor plan that we've never seen...........

Yes, but I am trying to decide if it was actually under the garage area or the other side where the rotisserie is.  Wherever it was, JBoob picked the easiest way to get rid of it.

My money is he filled in the pool with cement and that's it.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Yes, but I am trying to decide if it was actually under the garage area or the other side where the rotisserie is.  Wherever it was, JBoob picked the easiest way to get rid of it.

Yeah, that's what I'd expect, too.

But I was talking to some old neighbors of mine who closed a basement pool, and they said that it can be really dangerous for the foundation of your house if you don't do it right.

I'd laugh if he accidentally created a sinkhole under the foundation and the house started to drop into it.....but only if JB was still the owner. 

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I'd laugh if he accidentally created a sinkhole under the foundation and the house started to drop into it.....but only if JB was still the owner. 

Good possibility. Just think of all the things that could go wrong with the house if JBoob was the general contractor.  

I would make sure to check for mold if he filled in an indoor pool.

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, that's what I'd expect, too.

But I was talking to some old neighbors of mine who closed a basement pool, and they said that it can be really dangerous for the foundation of your house if you don't do it right.

Especially when the foundation has to hold up  that brick monstrosity on top of it.  An engineer would faint even thinking about removing it.  IIRC, the pool house Jill & Jessa looked at was more of a rancher style with the moldy pool in the middle  and the rest of the rooms around it.  It was a much smaller house in comparison to this one. 

20 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Good possibility. Just think of all the things that could go wrong with the house if JBoob was the general contractor.  

I would make sure to check for mold if he filled in an indoor pool.

OMG, 2 mold houses to snark on.  We will have to reference them as Mold house #1 & mold house #2.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Maybe he filled the pool up with cement to hide the bodies. *whistles*

(edited)

This is the brown-headed cowbird, they are well-known for being brood parasites. That means the bird will sneak in and lay their eggs in other birds’ nests and then leave. The bird whose nest was raided then ends up raising the cowbird’s young.

My question is do these birds remind you in a round about way of JB and Michelle.

Sorry I do not mean to insult birds, but my thoughts did turn to Ma and Pa Stupid when I saw this on twitter.

D6iW1U9W0AA7EXw.thumb.jpg.7f1b06f5e4ac76550037356ae0f51303.jpg

Edited by bigskygirl
Just now, MsJamieDornan said:

If anybody has an inspection done, I would enjoy finding out the results.

Send in the one guy who did my pre weatherization audit, and the guy who did the post weatherization work audit. They definitely would know what to look for.

(edited)
1 hour ago, LilJen said:

Michelle is a business advisor? Um, okay. . . 

You know, I'm beginning to wonder if she's not as spacey as she looks but is bewitching people into saying this stuff.

This from JB on top of Jana's and Jer's fulsome -- totally erroneous -- gushing over the past couple days? She's a business advisor, she's somebody who's distinguished for her careful protection of young girls, she's a tireless and generous worker endlessly devoted to the details of her children's lives? WTF?

Who would give such completely absurd praise if they weren't under a spell or something? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Especially when the foundation has to hold up  that brick monstrosity on top of it.  An engineer would faint even thinking about removing it.  IIRC, the pool house Jill & Jessa looked at was more of a rancher style with the moldy pool in the middle  and the rest of the rooms around it.  It was a much smaller house in comparison to this one. 

That's what I recall, as well.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

You know, I'm beginning to wonder if she's not as spacey as she looks but is bewitching people into saying this stuff.

This from JB on top of Jana's and Jer's fulsome -- totally erroneous -- gushing over the past couple days? She's a business advisor, she's somebody who's distinguished for her careful protection of young girls, she's a tireless and generous worker endlessly devoted to the details of her children's lives? WTF?

Who would give such completely absurd praise if they weren't under a spell or something? 

I'll go with "or something".  Their brand is perfect family and virtuous religious beliefs.  They have to keep reinforcing their brand to keep the money rolling in.  Exploiting faith and family is second nature to all of them now.  

• Love 3
(edited)

So I'm a little embarrassed, but I found the video I was telling you about earlier this yerar.  It's really long, but it's on Youtube for anyone who wants to watch it.  I thought it was only available through IBLP (with money), but now it's on Youtube. How to find it:

1. Go to Youtube
  2. Type in Youth for Christ Conference Jim Bob Duggar. 

The video should come up. It features Jim Bob and Michelle and Priscilla and David Waller. Michelle gets mad about pants wearing women. I will find exactly where (in the video) when I have time (maybe the weekend) (sorry)🌺 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, MonicaM said:

I'll go with "or something".  Their brand is perfect family and virtuous religious beliefs.  They have to keep reinforcing their brand to keep the money rolling in.  Exploiting faith and family is second nature to all of them now.  

Yeah, that's probably it. I certainly think that's at least part of why JB does it. (the other part, in my mind, would be self-justification....He's Jim Bob, the great patriarch, so of course his wife has to be the greatest Proverbs 31 woman ever, which includes being a good business advisor. )

And I guess I wouldn't be surprised that that's why Jer said what he did. He's come in from outside and is probably slick enough to have figured that angle out. (Although I'm a lot less sure about that than JB....because while Jer thinks he's super-slick, I'm not sure he's nearly as sophisticated a mover as he thinks he is...)

But I can't really bring myself to believe that any of the actual Duggarlings is cynical or slick enough to say the stuff they say about their parents mainly or even partly to keep the money flowing. (Josh might do that, maybe, if he had a microphone.) I think they do a lot of other things for that reason, but I can't get my mind around their doing this for that reason..... Maybe they do, but they just strike me as way too innocent and unknowing for that ploy. I just can't believe Jana was doing anything but speaking what she believes is the truth and would have said the same thing even if money-from-keeping-up-our-family-image wasn't involved at all.

So I guess I'm back to -- someone's put a spell on her!

2 hours ago, BrianJ1962 said:

I only lasted 30 seconds watching the video

So.....the video could be used by Special Forces as some kind of endurance training? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)

So here's what bugs me about Big Sandy week...

Their absurd cult almost certainly paid JB and M over the past week to come and give speeches to misguided idiots about how to follow their example to become great parents and just the best most virtuous people ever. And then their misguided children (Jana and Jer that I know of, but I'm sure others as well) provided testimonials and endorsements to back up their arrogant claims.

Obviously hypocrisy-central ATI, who ostentatiously threw Bill G himself off the ranch last summer, continues to woo the major-Gothard-suckup Duggars because their TeeVee fame increases the attendance, at least a little -- and maybe even more than a little.

So the Duggs' television presence continues to provide money -- at least indirectly -- for both the Duggars and ATI to preach Duggar-and-Gothard poison to other people, most of whom likely have the same tendencies to insecurity and control-freakism that they do. In other words, people who are likely to follow their lousy example in at least some ways.

That means JB and M are still making bank through more than one money channel from their tv presence (which TLC was supposed to end because they, you know, swept under the rug the fact that their daughters and another girl were molested in their home by the Duggars' favorite son --  so they could make money and pose on tv as great Christian and parental role models, for years and years).

And by continuing to make them enticing guests for ATI events, the TLC money is still helping spread Gothard's dangerous shit -- which, among other things, preaches that child molestation is a) no biggie and b) the fault of the person who was molested --  to more families, even if it's not as many as before. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Link to video

I won't watch with sound on or for more than 10 seconds - Michelle's puffy jacket - ugh.

I'm 25 minutes in and JB and MEch keep "gently competing" for the microphone. They're taking turns speaking, but JB gets antsy after MEch talks for a few minutes and butts back in.  

They just shared that Austin Forsyth went through a period of "rebellion" against Christianity and his upbringing, at some point prior to his courtship with Joy. And he was "in rebellion" with his friend, who is a pastor's son. They said the pastor's son was smoking and drinking; I'm not sure if they were implying that Austin was too. Eventually, Austin and friend both returned to Christ. And that friend has since married Austin's sister. 

They also just said that they don't necessarily recommend getting married as young as they did. And they now look at their own teenaged kids and say, "What were we thinking? What were our parents thinking?" So of course when it's their own kids, they're not ready to give up control. But they are just so sure that God knitted them together and so it was God's will.

Earlier, MEch went on for awhile about her "baggage" and all the terrible things she did (prior to being 15 years old) that should damn her to hell. She doesn't specify what all those things were, but they do talk about how MEch came from a "dating culture."

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

I'm 25 minutes in and JB and MEch keep "gently competing" for the microphone. They're taking turns speaking, but JB gets antsy after MEch talks for a few minutes and butts back in.  

They just shared that Austin Forsyth went through a period of "rebellion" against Christianity and his upbringing, at some point prior to his courtship with Joy. And he was "in rebellion" with his friend, who is a pastor's son. They said the pastor's son was smoking and drinking; I'm not sure if they were implying that Austin was too. Eventually, Austin and friend both returned to Christ. And that friend has since married Austin's sister. 

They also just said that they don't necessarily recommend getting married as young as they did. And they now look at their own teenaged kids and say, "What were we thinking? What were our parents thinking?" So of course when it's their own kids, they're not ready to give up control. But they are just so sure that God knitted them together and so it was God's will.

Earlier, MEch went on for awhile about her "baggage" and all the terrible things she did (prior to being 15 years old) that should damn her to hell. She doesn't specify what all those things were, but they do talk about how MEch came from a "dating culture."

JB and especially Michelle are pros at speaking endless jesusy drivel.  Michelle goes on and on and on about the terrible sins she committed before age 15, and her heavy baggage she brought to the relationship, and her shame.  She said she deserved hell!!!

Later on, it seems all these horrific sins were doing gymnastics and cheerleading to secular music!!!

At 1:45, (that's one HOUR and 45 minutes and I obviously had to do some fast forwarding) she talks about her married girls wearing pants.

I still can't believe they can talk so much in such endless circles without saying anything specific at all.

Also, the auditorium was practically empty,  just a few short rows of teens.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, louannems said:

Also, the auditorium was practically empty,  just a few short rows of teens.

There is a blessing in that.  Hopefully most of the teens were doing silent eye rolls and tuned them out quickly.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15