Type keyword(s) to search

Stars In Other Roles: Doppelgangers!

• Start Topic

Now this board is going to force me to force my boyfriend to watch an 80s tv movie about Herpes a'la Mystery Science Theater style with my boyfriend.   It's not the worst thing I've made him watch.   I made him watch the entire last week of GH in a bet we lost.   He made it through with a little bit of crown, some pizza, and parody songs.   

Staying Alive was on some weird channel last night.  And I almost watched it.  And then I reminded myself that it's a ridiculous movie, which I've already watched it twice, and that even the joy of admiring FH's hair and laughing whenever her character is mean to John Travolta for no reason would not justify watching it a third time.   

• Love 2

I watched the herpes movie when it aired in 1983. In my defense, there were fewer entertainment choices back then.

Speaking of which, Decades weekend binge this weekend is Celebrity Bowling, which is a surprisingly fascinating show especially when you happen to turn it on just as the team of Frank Gorshin and his wife Chris are getting their asses kicked by Greg Morris (father of Phil "Jackie Chiles" Morris) and John Beradino. Seeing Dr. Steve Hardy with his shirt unbuttoned to his navel and rolling strikes is kind of strange, even if it was 1971. Anyway, he and Greg bowled a 209 and so his team's assigned audience member won an Amana RadarRange.

• Love 1
On 6/2/2016 at 9:13 PM, ulkis said:

Amber Tamblyn is on Inside Amy Schumer. At least, I think it's her.

Her husband is comedian David Cross, so it's definitely possible that she knows Amy through him. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I found a TV movie from 2001 about anorexia called Dying to Dance. It stars Kimberly McCullough (Robin), Dominic Zamprogna (Dante), and, as KMc's father, Rick Springfield (Noah Drake).

Edited by cmahorror
  • Love 1
(edited)

Lexi can look really young when she wants to.  she looked the part of a 16/17-year old in this week's episode of Rizzoli & Isles, “Shadow of Doubt,” (Season 7 Episode 5).

Edited by 33kaitykaity

Spotted Ian Buchanan on something called the "Seventh Sign" . . . changed the channel cause it didn't look my cup of tv but giggled a little because he was in the same scene as a frozen body in a block of ice. I felt there were a lot of Duke jokes to make somewhere in there.

• Love 2
(edited)

Right now, as I'm doing work, I surfed around for some background visuals (no sound) and found "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" the GET TV channel.  No, not the MGM musical.  A series from 1982.    I'll watch.  Never heard of the show which surprises me.  Also in the series- Allyn Ann McLerie (real life wife of Frank Smith - George Gaynes) and Michael Fairman (that soap guy)

Starring -  They all play brothers.

Richard Dean Anderson, 

Peter Horton 

Drake Hogestyn 

and

RIVER PHOENIX

and

Seven_Brides_for_Seven_Brothers_(TV_seri

Edited by TessHarding2

"Let Me Hear Your Balalaikas Ringing Out," the one where Jess returns to show Rory his book. Lexi is a soccer player on a team Luke sponsors. She's in another episode, too, "Just Like Gwen and Gavin" (the one where Luke learns he has a daughter).

The GG eps are her second and third jobs.

• Love 1

Bored stiff and watching episodes of lame-ass Star Trek: Enterprise on Netflix and it took me 10 episodes to realize that wooden, oppressively perky ship's navigator Mayweather is also wooden, oppressively perky Dr. Andre on GH. Feeling pretty frightened, bewildered and vulnerable rn

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, jsbt said:

Bored stiff and watching episodes of lame-ass Star Trek: Enterprise on Netflix and it took me 10 episodes to realize that wooden, oppressively perky ship's navigator Mayweather is also wooden, oppressively perky Dr. Andre on GH. 

I knew he looked familiar! Thanks because that was driving me crazy.

Julian Assange was on Real Time With Bill Maher the other night, and in the screencaps on YouTube, I keep thinking I'm looking at Tony Geary. It's really creepy, which Tony would probably be honored by. 

• Love 1

Ian Buchanan won an Emmy when he was on B&B in 1997, and one of his competitors was Mo. So HAHA DUKE BEAT SONNY.

(He also beat Alan & Tony, sniff. But Stuart won in 1999, so it's okay.)

Edited by UYI

Rewatching Party of Five. Carolyn Hennesy (Diane) showed up in Season 3. She played a real estate agent.

Of course Megan Ward (OG Kate) had a pretty big role in Season 1 as Bailey's drug-addicted girlfriend, Jill.

• Love 1

As a horror movie geek, I had to tell you guys about this one - Wishmaster 4: The Prophecy Fulfilled starring Jason Thompson (ex-Patrick). It's stupid as hell but he actually does a pretty good job playing a self-pitying jerk.

• Love 1

The guy who plays/played(?) Felix is a new commercial playing a real estate agent and he and the husband are telling the wife this 'perfect for kids house' is haunted.

Like most commercials these days, I have no fracking clue what theyre actually advertising.

On August 7, 2016 at 8:52 PM, jsbt said:

Bored stiff and watching episodes of lame-ass Star Trek: Enterprise on Netflix and it took me 10 episodes to realize that wooden, oppressively perky ship's navigator Mayweather is also wooden, oppressively perky Dr. Andre on GH. Feeling pretty frightened, bewildered and vulnerable rn

OMG! I've been watching on H&I and had no clue!

Caught Casa Vita, which was a pretty good movie. I wondered why the lead looked familiar, and then I realized it was Lindsay Morgan who was Kristina. She used to suck on GH, and now she's pretty decent. Or maybe GH writers make the actors suck. I was pleasantly surprised by her.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, twoods said:

Caught Casa Vita, which was a pretty good movie. I wondered why the lead looked familiar, and then I realized it was Lindsay Morgan who was Kristina. She used to suck on GH, and now she's pretty decent. Or maybe GH writers make the actors suck. I was pleasantly surprised by her.

She's great on The 100 which she started on shortly after GH.  

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Did we know Greg Vaughn was in Queen Sugar? I started watching the pilot today and thought it was him but wasn't entirely sure because he looks a bit different. Then I saw his name in the credits. He looks really good. And there's an ass shot.

Yes it was announced months ago

The Bay is now available on Amazon Prime to stream for free. The cast is great and includes Mary Beth Evans (ex-Katherine), Matthew Ashford (ex-Tom), Tristan Rogers (Robert Scorpio), Jackie Zeman (Bobbie) and Lilly Melgar (ex-Lily).

Just watched the first episode so far but it certainly seems like soapy fun and has many former and current soap stars on it.

• Love 1

Rewatching a Hallmark movie that I enjoy, Portrait of Love, and didn't realize Bree was the lead. She's so likable when she's not playing an annoying character, or when she has chemistry with her lead.

• Love 2