Type keyword(s) to search

Stars In Other Roles: Doppelgangers!

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, LillyB said:

Holy crap, Antonio Sabato, Jr. who played Jagger back in the day is running for Congress against Nancy Pelosi,

This is not new news. He was blathering about it when he was on The View a few months ago. I never knew this guy was dumb as a bag of rocks and a bigoted Racist asshole on top of it.

• Love 5
(edited)
11 hours ago, LillyB said:

Holy crap, Antonio Sabato, Jr. who played Jagger back in the day is running for Congress against Nancy Pelosi,

No, he's not. He's running against Julia Brownley, in CA-26 (Oxnard, Thousand Oaks--Southern California). Nancy Pelosi is in CA-12 (San Francisco, Northern California). Two totally different areas of the state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_of_Representatives_elections_in_California,_2018#District_26

Edited by UYI
(edited)

Vinessa Antoine (Jordan) has got a gig as the lead in a CBC drama about a corporate lawyer who returns to her hometown of Dartmouth Nove Scotia to do legal aid.

In Diggstown, scheduled to air in the key CBC fall and winter season, Antoine will play Marcie Diggs, a top corporate lawyer who decides to dedicate herself to a legal aid office in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.

The series will also look at an under-represented segment of Canada, the historic Black communities of Nova Scotia, which at one point represented 37 per cent of the total Black population.

“This is huge for me. I always knew about the Black communities out east, but this is something I really didn’t learn about in school and I should have,” says Antoine. “My experience was growing up in a Caribbean household and I thought that the majority of Blacks came from the West Indies. But there is a huge community with a rich history in Nova Scotia that is finally going to be spotlighted and I think it’s time for their stories to be told.”

There is some fallout though: General Hospital fans will not be happy to learn that Antoine, who has been with the show since 2014, will no longer be a series regular when she starts shooting Diggstown in August.

Her character, former DEA agent Jordan Ashford, was supposed to get married to fiancé Curtis on the show, which was also a historic first, a Black couple getting married on the long-running soap. That may no longer be the case.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3

There's never been a married black couple on GH? I guess thats why AMC &Y&R have generally had a larger black audience. And Y&R just stupidly ditched half of a great, genuinely soapy black couple

2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

There's never been a married black couple on GH? I guess thats why AMC &Y&R have generally had a larger black audience. And Y&R just stupidly ditched half of a great, genuinely soapy black couple

That is definitely wrong, there was Bryan and Claudia.  They were definitely married.

• Love 2
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Who?

Bryan and Claudia were two black characters from the late 70's/early 80's. Claudia was one of Laura's bridesmaids at her wedding to Luke. Bryan's dad was played by Sammy Davis, Jr., a GH (and OLTL, for that matter) fan in real life.

Here's their wedding:

Edited by UYI
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

It sounds like he had even less story/airtime than Jordan/Curtis & Molly/TJ

They were on for several years, though, and I'm surprised you don't remember their wedding, given it took place during a Robert & Holly story. ;)

I was just trying to help. :)

Edited by UYI

Now you know Brian and Claudia were damn near background extras and only a blip in GH history. Soaps don't do well with non white families in general but GH is especially bad.

• Love 1

I vaguely remember Brian during the cafetria hospital hostage thing but I thought he was part-time or an extra. I haven't made it to the wedding yet, but I also haven't seen Brian since he got shot in the cafeteria, so...

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I vaguely remember Brian during the cafetria hospital hostage thing but I thought he was part-time or an extra. I haven't made it to the wedding yet, but I also haven't seen Brian since he got shot in the cafeteria, so...

Sorry! I was just trying to help. I hope I did. :)

• Love 2
On 7/14/2018 at 10:58 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

This is not new news. He was blathering about it when he was on The View a few months ago. I never knew this guy was dumb as a bag of rocks and a bigoted Racist asshole on top of it.

Yep. My love affair with Jagger Cates ended when I heard him at the Republican Convention insisting to whatever reporter he was talking to that we'd had a Muslim president for the past 8 years 

• Love 7

Max Gail played one of the last patients from the leper colony on Moliki. He was so good that he should be giving acting lessons. This was on Hawaii 5-0.

Edited by LillyB
  • Love 1

Brian and Claudia had periods where they had a fair amount of screen time, but they were definitely supporting characters.   It’s hard to gauge now because, unfortunately, they aren’t a couple that had a lot of video clips saved by fans that you can find online.   Only in the stretches of 80s stuff where I can find full episodes have I seen a lot of them.   They got the most airtime when Sammy Davis was part of their story, probably.

15 hours ago, SlovakPrincess said:

Brian and Claudia had periods where they had a fair amount of screen time, but they were definitely supporting characters.   It’s hard to gauge now because, unfortunately, they aren’t a couple that had a lot of video clips saved by fans that you can find online.   Only in the stretches of 80s stuff where I can find full episodes have I seen a lot of them.   They got the most airtime when Sammy Davis was part of their story, probably.

What's fair amount to you? Because it doesn't sound like were ever front burner

19 minutes ago, In2You said:

What's fair amount to you? Because it doesn't sound like were ever front burner

It seemed like they were on 2 or 3 out of 5 days when Sammy Davis was part of their story (as Todd Davis’ real life dad and Brian’s fictional dad).      

As best as I can gauge it (relying on online clips since I wasn’t watching back when it all actually aired), their stories would come in small, short arcs about quarterly, and then you’d see them about 2 episodes a week.    Otherwise, they just supported other people’s stories.

They weren’t ever front burner, no.  

Edited by SlovakPrincess
8 minutes ago, SlovakPrincess said:

It seemed like they were on 2 or 3 out of 5 days when Sammy Davis was part of their story (as Todd Davis’ real life dad and Brian’s fictional dad).      

As best as I can gauge it (relying on online clips since I wasn’t watching back when it all actually aired), their stories would come in small, short arcs about quarterly, and then you’d see them about 2 episodes a week.    Otherwise, they just supported other people’s stories.

They weren’t ever front burner, no.  

If they were never front burner they were never on a fair amount of time.  They were token diversity at best.

• Love 1

On the scale I’m thinking of “fair” is less than “good” and a notch above “poor.”    And as I said, only for periods, not consistently.

Not disagreeing that they were used as token diversity.  

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 1

This site's "Again With This" podcast has hit The Gina Years of "Beverly Hills, 90210", Gina of course being played by Vanessa Marcil:

2018-09-10-awt-bh-10.jpg

This isn't really Vanessa Marcil's fault, but Gina was such a bad photocopy of my beloved Valerie that she mostly bugged me.

1 hour ago, UYI said:

Aaron Spelling created the character with her in mind, IIRC. 

Really?  I can't really imagine Aaron Spelling being that creatively involved in the show in season 9.  Also, what create, Gina is a lame Xerox of Valerie.

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Really?  I can't really imagine Aaron Spelling being that creatively involved in the show in season 9.  Also, what create, Gina is a lame Xerox of Valerie.

I'm just the messenger. ;)

I could be totally wrong, but I swear I remember reading that once. 

On 9/10/2018 at 11:59 PM, UYI said:

I'm just the messenger. ;)

I could be totally wrong, but I swear I remember reading that once. 

I could see Spelling giving some input into a new character to try and resurrect a show that’s growing stale.  

But that was such a downer of a character that I’m not sure why they created her that way.

Bianca "Claudia" Ferguson was married to Mesach Taylor, who memorably played Anthony "My Unfortunate Incarceration" Bouvier on Designing Women. Sadly, he died a few years ago. She now goes by Bianca Taylor and was a guest star on Grey's last season, where she played Bailey's helicopter mom in a flashback episode.

• Love 1

Tyler Christopher (Stefan) went on sudden leave from DAYS last Thursday, and his former GH co-star Brandon Barash (ex-Johnny) has been tapped to fill in while Christopher is out. Barash reported to the Salem set earlier this week. Look for him to make his DAYS debut in early 2019. Daytime Confidential first reported the news.

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/days-casting-news-brandon-barash-replaces-tyler-christopher/

• Love 1

Hey Stephen Smith!  On your sports talk show this morning, expressing how you are feeling after the Red Sox destroyed your beloved Yankees last night 16-1, that is exactly how I feel after watching you (or anyone else) coming on this show to prop up that vile thug - Sonny Corinthos.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Hey Stephen Smith!  On your sports talk show this morning, expressing how you are feeling after the Red Sox destroyed your beloved Yankees last night 16-1, that is exactly how I feel after watching you (or anyone else) coming on this show to prop up that vile thug - Sonny Corinthos.

You might know this already, but Stephen Smith is actually a huge GH fan. 

This might have already been posted. Quite honestly, I'm too lazy to go looking through 19 pages.  Anyway, I was watching Little House on the Prairie (again, since it was so long ago, might have already been posted) and it was the finale of season 6 called He Loves Me; He Loves Me Not.  In the episode Laura sees Almanzo rubbing some water off the back of a saloon girl and gets the wrong idea about their relationship.  That saloon girl is none other than Nancy Lee Grahn! She is credited as Nancy Grahn.  
nancy_10.jpgLittleHouse06.jpgMV5BMGZlZjY2NGUtY2NlMi00OTdlLTg4M2MtM2E2

• Love 3