Type keyword(s) to search

LIVE CHAT: SNL 40th Anniversary Special

• Start Topic

I thought there would be way more original sketches than this.  This has got to be the most self congratulating show in history.  After all the books written about the show, countless specials, best ofs, interviews with the cast about the process,  then they have a red carpet for a clip show after countless weeks of hype and press releases for this special.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 4

I assume that the guy with Candice Bergen is a member of Arcade Fire ;)  Canadian here.

I'll be happy if I'm right about that.

Let me vote with Galileo -- I'm adoring the video montages, so much.  Love the trips down memory lane, especially to older cast members and the dearly departed.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

Well... I'll say that Miley singing "50 Ways..." probably wasn't the best idea in the world just because everyone knows Paul Simon is in the house, and everyone also knows we'd all rather hear him sing it. 

Having said that... if you take away the fact that Paul was there and just take it on its own as a musical performance, I have to say that I kinda liked it.  And I'm in no way, shape, or form a Miley Cyrus fan. 

Edited by loriro
  • Love 8

So you have Paul Simon there and decide to have Miley sing his song.

This is the "let's hope the kids tweet this" segment of the evening.

Well, my segment of Twitter is expressing the same opinion as everyone here. "Paul Simon flew 19 hours for this?"

• Love 3

I'm wondering if there will be a big musical number with all the musicians coming up... or maybe they will playing at the after party?  If so, hopefully those performances end up online.

• Love 1

I think this has been very good tonight.  I'm enjoying it.

The Eddie Murphy appearance was odd.  He looked nervous and he was apparently giving nothing.  Chevy Chase looked like a mess.

The Blues Brothers...uncool in any era.

• Love 4

Having said that... if you take away the fact that Paul was there and just take it on its own as a musical performance, I have to say that I kinda liked it.  And I'm in no way, shape, or form a Miley Cyrus fan. 

My issue is Miley singing at all.  Surely there was an iconic musical performer with show history they could have used.

• Love 3

OMG!!! was that Candace? I, a big fan, didn't recognize her. Actually Miley doesn't bother me. She can actually sing.

I was really hoping for more old skits from the Martin Short era, Phil Hartman era and of course the original cast. Any younger folks who may have wanted to see the old school stuff in context have been cheated. Prime example was the King Tut skit and Bill Murray's Nick Ocean. 

Edited by prican58
  • Love 1

Maybe you could swing a bottle of wine by here? That would help for the Miley Cyrus moments...

I'd love to.  Just opened a bottle of Zin and I'm by myself... (not that that will stop me from finishing it...tomorrow...)

• Love 1