Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E07: Universal Wizards

I haven't watched yet (and don't know if I want to), but please tell me someone suggested he open the chamber of secrets and find it empty.

OMG...just spewed my tea!!!!  Thanks for the laugh!!!! 

I would much rather Geraldo open the Chamber of Secrets and find Voldemort waiting for him, though....   ;-) 

• Love 5

I thought the same thing about Leeza and the lack of female winners, but on this show it really doesn't matter. Trump doesn't care about appearing to be unbiased or fair and since this show is a joke and not a real competition, the network probably doesn't care either.

I think Trump cares, to a point. Arsenio won over Clay, and I believe the fact that Trump only ever had white Celebrity Apprentices played a role in that. The casting of women on this show is notoriously bad, and I just don't think you cast Leeza Gibbons (who's universally liked and whose strengths play to this show) when the intent is to have the incredibly polarizing Geraldo win. If that's the case, why not boot Leeza and give Geraldo a cakewalk against Brandi or another "weak player?"

A quick Google search reveals Leeza's former talk show was produced by NBC. Maybe that's a point in her favor. Why would NBC want to promote a guy from a rival news network?

• Love 2

I think it was no surprise to anyone that Geraldo and Leeza would be the final two. Vivica seemed like she knew that there was no way that Trump would choose her over Geraldo or Leeza so she didn't even bother fighting to stay.

Although it seems like Geraldo is being set up to win, I hope Leeza wins. She's been a great leader as project manager and a great team member on every task. I can't really say the same about Geraldo because it's always been his way or the highway. Not to mention that a lot of his ideas have been failures.

• Love 2

That whole thing...first them going to drink beer and eat hot dogs.  THEN, them going "shopping" but instead going on rides.  TOTAL fucking set-up.  There's no way they would do that on their own.  Well, Brandi might, but after her speech about Leeza, I'm not buying it.

Congrats, Geraldo.  If it wasn't obvious before, you're the next winner of Celebrity Apprentice.  Even with your stupid creepy idea of dressing up as Harry Potter the War Correspondent that leads little children away from their parents.

Sure was a set up....unless of course, the first row of seats on that roller coaster always has cameras attached to it and no one is ever allowed to sit in rows 2-5.  

• Love 1

Geraldo: Let's brainstorm ideas for our commercial. ... Okay, those are fantastic, but why don't we do this instead: a two minute close-up of my face.

I thought Lorenzo's impersonation of Vivica was kind of offensive. It would be one thing if we'd ever seen her wagging her head and finger and saying, "mmmm MMMMM," but we haven't. That was just stereotypical sassy black woman that he was doing. It's not the worst thing we've seen on this show, but I would bet that when Vivica saw it she wasn't too pleased, his declaration of love notwithstanding.

• Love 10

As a child of the 80s, I mostly think of Lorenzo Lamas as a punchline of an outdated joke - long hair, grade B t.v. actor, Fabio-on-a-motorcycle - but this show has improved that snap judgment quite a bit. Experienced director, level-headed, affable, and still darn good looking. I think Leeza is the other main player who has come off very well.

Loved the awkward silence after the Universal reps handed Geraldo the "be a hero" tagline and he responds with "fear the dragon!" Why do I suspect that line is going to make its way into his boudoir? *gak*

• Love 6

Vivica didn't fight to be there. She basically threw in the towel when she said Leeza deserved it instead of her.

Pick your battles - and Vivica was smart enough to see the writing on the wall.  She had absolutely nothing to gain and a lot more to lose from fighting.  It was obvious Leeza and Geraldo were going to be in the finals.  And there was no way Vivica would be able to argue against that. 

This way, she had control on how she wanted to go out - and that was on a high note.

• Love 14

Vivica didn't stand a chance at the finals after her boardroom fight with Kenya. Too bad she stooped to Kenya's level. I think her word choice during their altercation doomed her. Trump thinks he's all class (insert eye roll here) and Vivica's response to Kenya - while justified - was tacky. 

• Love 4

Had Star Jones been in the final three, she would have never thrown in the towel the way Viv did….daaamn Trump, you had her looking like a quitter!

I thought the clip show would have at least had some sort of dedication or something at the end to Joan Rivers.

By now, I think Stevie Wonder knows the bitch is dead.

I thought Lorenzo's impersonation of Vivica was kind of offensive. It would be one thing if we'd ever seen her wagging her head and finger and saying, "mmmm MMMMM," but we haven't. That was just stereotypical sassy black woman that he was doing. It's not the worst thing we've seen on this show, but I would bet that when Vivica saw it she wasn't too pleased, his declaration of love notwithstanding.

THANK YOU, FISHCAKES!  I-ass did that earlier in the season and it was annoying.  Vivica may have been pissed but not once did her neck move or finger wag.  Damn, not all women of color sass or wag our necks….but we will call a bitch a trick when need be!

Unless Leeza makes a truly bonehead move, I see her for the win….I just hate the fact that Kevin will be part of the reason, I was hoping to not have to see that prick on my screen again.

• Love 2

No, Marlee didn't win.

Huh.. not sure why I'm remembering it differently but you are right- I went and looked at Wiki for that season.  Seems Trump said he was "going to do something different"  then just went about as normal and crowned John Rich as winner.

• Love 1

I have consistently picked Geraldo as the winner, but I am here to change my vote to Leeza. As was pointed out up-thread, she was given the "Handicapped by a Bone-head Team" edit. Yes, she has the "Magic" albatross, but Geraldo, even handed THE slogan, can still mess it up. And I think Trump (and/or Mark Burnett)  likes a "come-back story."

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 1

My DVR cut off when Geraldo's team was looking for the child actors and were told they were at the war room........

Did I miss anything?

First off - I love how Geraldo and his crazy ideas are still at work.  If I were his team I would just say, "Sure boss", and do exactly what he says.

Now if I were on his team and wanted to help him I would suggest the boot/portkey.  Meet the family, send off the parents and then have all the kids and him touch the boot (from book 4 HP and the Goblet of Fire) and transport them to all the places they shot.  90 seconds and done.

• Love 2

The portkey idea is brilliant!

Is Geraldo only going to focus on the Wizarding World of Harry Potter for the commercial? If so, that may hurt him because he's not focusing on the other attractions the park has to offer.

Edited by Steph619
  • Love 2

I thought the same thing about my DVR but that's how the show ended. Abruptly.

I'm with Leeza FTW, but I was kind of hoping that Brandi would show up drunk from beer and completely in her RHoBH persona.

I'm also impressed with Lorenzo. GR is such a pompous ass. I hope he shoots himself in the foot.

Edited by grisgris
  • Love 5

Is Geraldo only going to focus on the Wizarding World of Harry Potter for the commercial? If so, that may hurt him because he's not focusing on the other attractions the park has to offer.

That depends on whether we believe the edit at the end which showed Geraldo saying he was going to do it his way. Which is probably bogus. Ian had a lot of shots mapped out for the entire park. If he manages to get that approved by Heir Rivera, they might be OK.

• Love 1

Nothing against Olivia Newton-John, but she's a little outdated singing the whole "Magic" concept.  I am rooting for Leeza, but her 2 teammates would rather be on vacation than helping her win CA.

• Love 2

The walk down memory lane clip show showed all the past drama.  I was surprised they didn't do a soft edit of Joan Rivers to not show some of her more brutal moments now that she has passed away.  

And on to the final.  Trump fires Vivica too...and she happily agrees.  It's Leeza vs. Geraldo which is what we always thought it would be.  At first I thought Leeza had a heads up with her team because it had no drama.  Brandi, Johnny and Kevin would just be happy to be there and to help her.  Unfortunately it looks like Johnny and Brandi are happy to be there and continue to flirt with one another...and turn the task into a big date.  Kevin is helping with the commercial, but that isn't where Kevin is most valuable.  If he really wants to BEAT GERALDO...he needs to open his phone and call all his rich friends and relatives and get MONEY to help Leeza beat Geraldo.  It seems he was unwilling to do this, so since Geraldo has his money connections and Ian's...he is gonna rake it up.  

Boo.  I can't see how Geraldo isn't going to win this....and UGH.

I don't think Kevin Jonas has many rich friends. Or many friends. He has always struck me as a pompous stick in the mud. Don't know how well off he is either, he's trying to make a start in the home construction business.

• Love 1

I am convinced we got at least one giant misdirection from the edit monkeys:  Leeza getting the great news from her rich contacts.  So much more than expected!  The GR edit showed zero financial commitments.  Wanna bet GR crushes LG with the cash?

I wonder if the givers figured out that they won't get credit for a charity donation for the portion of their gift that would apply towards a resort membership.  I know I would sure as shootin' ask about the niceties of where the money went.  For this task the first many thousands go to Comcast.  Nice charity, y'all.   

• Love 1
Wizards use "Magic"...

Thank you -- I can't see this as something Universal would fixate on, plus wasn't it "the magic of memories" (to tie into her charity?). I think Universal would be insulted that their experiences weren't "magic" (especially with something like the Harry Potter attraction).

Interesting that Geraldo appears to be doing absolutely nothing related to his charity. Shocker.

Is it wrong when Leeza was mentioning Olivia Newton-John's song "Magic" that until she mentioned Olivia I kept picturing the episode of Gilmore Girls where there was the dance recital and at one part the kids were singing about magic (I think) and tossing glitter/confetti at the crowd?

Also, despite not being that young, I had never heard of Olivia's song.

• Love 1

Olivia Newton-John is kind of a has-been, but that seems par for the course for a theme park (and also "has-been" defines almost every contestant on this show, so it's not as if anyone there is going to point it out). In any case, getting her to perform is a much better idea than Geraldo's suggestion that he and Ian should sing.

• Love 2

Pick your battles - and Vivica was smart enough to see the writing on the wall. She had absolutely nothing to gain and a lot more to lose from fighting. It was obvious Leeza and Geraldo were going to be in the finals. And there was no way Vivica would be able to argue against that.

This way, she had control on how she wanted to go out - and that was on a high note.

That's exactly what Vivaca said. Like all the other fired CAs, she appeared on the "Wendy Williams Show." She said she knew the final challenge was going to be fundraising & that she didn't have any deep pockets to call. She said she got everything out of the show that she wanted to get---$50,000 for her charity & something about proving she could handle challenges without using her assistants. My overall impression was that she didn't want to be embarrassed by her inability to raise a large sum of money.

• Love 1

Johnny done gone 'n' burst mah bubble!  I've had a deep-seated, never-to-be-admitted crush on Johnny since the beginning of the season.  That quiet strength, that killer smile, that famous hero of the ball park -- they're just too much for my heart to stand!  But now?  He's broken that loyal heart by taking a day off to have fun with Brandi instead of working hard for Leeza.  Brandi doesn't surprise me, but JOHNNY?  It's a sad day for the nation when a hero becomes a bum.

I say Geraldo doesn't win it.  I say that this time Trump delivers to the audience something they want and gives Lisa the mink coat, the scepter and the crown.  Except for one thing you've reminded me of: the Universal-Disney-Magic connection.  That could be her downfall.  Poor Leeza -- she doesn't deserve so much bad luck when she works so hard. 

Johnny, GET BACK IN THERE, AND HELP HER!!!

• Love 3

She's gonna be even MORE pissed that someone replied and commented that they thought she was Kate Gosselin.  BA HA HA!

Love it!  I'm sure Brandi thinks she is higher up on the totem pole than Kate, but ultimately they are both reality stars, period.

Despite Brandi being on the team, sure hope Leeza wins.  Geraldo should have rightfully been fired long ago. Still not sure having Olivia Newton John fly out from Australia is waranted though.

• Love 1

Leeza does know that Universal's "competitor" in Orlando is Disney and their park, The "Magic" Kingdom, right?

I love Leeza, but she does have limits.  Not only what you mentioned, but also thinking that Olivia Newton-John is an adequate act for 2014.  Heck, 25 years ago she would have been a stretch.  She's a nice lady, but getting a 70s icon as your headliner?  Mistake.  Hopefully its her only major one.

Johnny done gone 'n' burst mah bubble!  I've had a deep-seated, never-to-be-admitted crush on Johnny since the beginning of the season.  That quiet strength, that killer smile, that famous hero of the ball park -- they're just too much for my heart to stand!  But now?  He's broken that loyal heart by taking a day off to have fun with Brandi instead of working hard for Leeza.  Brandi doesn't surprise me, but JOHNNY?  It's a sad day for the nation when a hero becomes a bum.

Typical reality show viewing would suggest that it was probably just a few minutes they were away and the show played it up and made it seem like all day.  As for the later thing on the roller coaster?  I'm sure that was a setup by the show. They always do that in the finale (and with a low drama team like Leeza's they had to jump through hoops to create "trouble").

I don't think Kevin Jonas has many rich friends. Or many friends. He has always struck me as a pompous stick in the mud. Don't know how well off he is either, he's trying to make a start in the home construction business.

The rules here always mystify me. Some rules on the show, like the one that you can only have 1 subteam and your team must be split fairly evenly between the main and subteam, are known.   But the fundraising ones?  A bit more mysterious.  Because friends or no friends, all Kevin Jonas would have to do is call one of his brothers, who I think both give to charity, and bang.  Giganto contribution.  But I bet it's against the rules.  Wouldn't it be?  Who the heck knows.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1

Johnny, GET BACK IN THERE, AND HELP HER!!!

Aww Lura, don't let Johnny's one lapse of good judgment make you go cold on him!! Crush away. Everyone has a bad day. Seriously, don't you think production prompted their loosey goosey approach to the task with hot dogs and roller coaster rides?

Even Brandi (who I loathe) isn't that irresponsible, and she loves and respects Leeza more than any other female on the show. Think about it; Brandi, who has been serious and hard working all season, isn't going to blow this for Leeza and cause Trump to lose what respect he has for her out the window so she can play in the park with Johnny. It's a production set-up and that's why we don't see Leeza stressed out about it, although I don't know if the Jonas Brother knows what's going on. He seems tightly wound anyway, lol.

I think Leeza wins this.

• Love 2

Olivia Newton-John is kind of a has-been, but that seems par for the course for a theme park

Especially Universal.  Other than the Harry Potter attractions, 90% of Universal rides/attractions revolve around movies that are at least over a decade old.

While Olivia Newton-John hasn't really been relevant since what?  Early 80's?  I still think Leeza can pull it off.

• Love 2

That whole thing...first them going to drink beer and eat hot dogs.  THEN, them going "shopping" but instead going on rides.  TOTAL fucking set-up.  There's no way they would do that on their own.  Well, Brandi might, but after her speech about Leeza, I'm not buying it.

Congrats, Geraldo.  If it wasn't obvious before, you're the next winner of Celebrity Apprentice.  Even with your stupid creepy idea of dressing up as Harry Potter the War Correspondent that leads little children away from their parents.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!  Ha.  That's what I was saying - so creepy!

It would seem Brandi and Johnny didn't really "wander off": https://twitter.com/TouringPlans/status/458367964753182720/photo/1

Is that Brandi's day 2 outfit - when she went coaster riding?  Don't remember if she wore that day 1.

• Love 2

I wouldn't worry too much about the rollercoaster being out of service -- they have many separate cars and can swap them in and out for servicing.  I'm sure they got everything set up, then rolled out that specific car.  Hopefully they sent it around once with nobody on it to prevent Near Miss Brady Beheading Syndrome.  (Apparently when the Brady Bunch went to the amusement park they put a camera on the rollercoaster and Robert Reed insisted they run it without the kids on it once to make sure it was secure and it fell off, proving his point).

• Love 1