Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Drama Queens

• Start Topic

Glad Lisa V has decided to help Max pursue his birth parents.  I think everyone should be able to know their blood relatives even if they were adopted.  That's why one of my favorite movies that I watch over and over is Secrets And Lies about a black girl in England (played by Marianne Jean-Baptiste) who finds out that her birth mother (played by Brenda Blethyn) is white.  I just love Brenda Blethyn!  Anyway, good on Lisa for not trying to put a guilt trip on Max for wanting to do that. 

• Love 3

Who started this trend of regarding Gay males as Accessories?

SMDH..

I hate the term "my gays".  Even more than I hate Kyle's 80's frost pink lip gloss.  So Kyle is hosting a gay mixer because she doesn't want her gays meeting other gays on Tindr for hook-ups, she wants them to meet dinner party gays.  Okkkkkkkkkk.   Then she does a cutesy talking head where she tells us that she'd be a top because she likes to be in charge.  Again, Okkkkkkkkkkkkkk.  I bet she really amuses herself.  Instead of Brandi showing up, I'd rather see Cedric. 

It really sounds like Yolanda is saying Unawar like underwear and not Anwar.  Yo is a professional packer y'all.  Don't you know.  I could tell by how she dumped things in sloppily. 

• Love 4

Ken seems like such a disinterested father. Lisa talks about Max and his desire to research his birth parents, and Ken couldn't look less interested. Nor does he say anything. Lisa is emotional and thinking it through, and then Ken finally says: "well I'll support whatever you decide." YOU decide? What about Max? Does he even talk to him?

Now if it were Jiggy....

• Love 9

Ken seems like such a disinterested father. Lisa talks about Max and his desire to research his birth parents, and Ken couldn't look less interested. Nor does he say anything. Lisa is emotional and thinking it through, and then Ken finally says: "well I'll support whatever you decide." YOU decide? What about Max? Does he even talk to him?

Now if it were Jiggy....

I thought the same thing. The way he left the whole deal up to Lisa, and seemed to have no input or interest in the matter.  Almost like it wouldn't impact him either way.

I wonder in this scene, as I have in others this season, if Ken hasn't just made the decision that he isn't going to share anymore of himself with Bravo. We have seen him be incredibly kind and considerate at times (mainly with Brandi, but also in his defense of Mauricio) and I don't think he feels like it was worth it. Just a feeling I get, but he said a little to Max the last time we saw him, and just walked away. He probably had much more to say but he walked away instead of saying it. Maybe that is just the way he deals with things - or doesn't deal with things. The thing is, he was very involved in the planning of Pandy's wedding. He was there for every minute of the planning and had lots of input. Strange when it involves something as huge as your son wanting to seek out his birth parents, that you wouldn't have more of a reaction upon learning this information. It would be earth shattering to most people. 

• Love 5

Lisa's Son Max Is Looking for Answers

Lisa Vanderpump's son Max is getting more and more curious about his background, and it's bringing up lots of questions for Lisa, too.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/videos/playlist?clip=2842868

Brandi and Kyle Almost Come to Blows

When Brandi Glanville shows up to a party with Kim Richards, Kyle Richards is not having it.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/videos/playlist?clip=2843362

• Love 1

Honestly, I wouldn't put it past Brandi to get all chummy with Kim for some sort of storyline.  Since she really doesn't have one of her own.  Although, Kim's storyline is almost non-existant.... So are they BOTH clueless???

• Love 5

I thought the same thing. The way he left the whole deal up to Lisa, and seemed to have no input or interest in the matter.  Almost like it wouldn't impact him either way.

I wonder in this scene, as I have in others this season, if Ken hasn't just made the decision that he isn't going to share anymore of himself with Bravo. We have seen him be incredibly kind and considerate at times (mainly with Brandi, but also in his defense of Mauricio) and I don't think he feels like it was worth it. Just a feeling I get, but he said a little to Max the last time we saw him, and just walked away. He probably had much more to say but he walked away instead of saying it. Maybe that is just the way he deals with things - or doesn't deal with things. The thing is, he was very involved in the planning of Pandy's wedding. He was there for every minute of the planning and had lots of input. Strange when it involves something as huge as your son wanting to seek out his birth parents, that you wouldn't have more of a reaction upon learning this information. It would be earth shattering to most people. 

In fairness we don't know that here haven't been discussions without the cameras rolling. I also get the distinct feeling that Ken is calling it in this year. I suspect it may have to do with his feeling that Lisa was treated badly last year, first by Brandi and then the others being so willing to pile on. At least I would bet that is how he sees it.

Whatever failings he has, I think it's pretty clear he adores his wife and I can see him having a very, very hard time forgiving.  

• Love 8

I agree.  I think Ken is just over it.  He's not going to discuss anything real in front of cameras anymore.  It's also possible that Ken simply thinks "Well, he's an adult, but I don't want it to bother you Lisa, so you call it."  I think it's more "I'll sit here and say something non committal since you want to be on this show."

• Love 7

My view on Ken is less kind than you guys here. I don't see him as phoning it in this year; frankly, he's always seemed kind of cranky and uncommunicative to me, with Lisa as the alpha dog in that relationship, running the show. Every show, from RHOBH to Vanderpump Rules, to their family, the restaurants, etc... And his laissez-faire attitude towards Max seems consistent with what we've always seen - Pandy treated as the golden child, and Max as the problem child. Mix in the very British notion of not talking about your feelings, and maybe a father/son thing, and you end up with what we see - not much interest, let Lisa handle it, time for tea.

• Love 8

I did that genetic testing for my daughter who was adopted from Central Asia . Through that, we found out her genetic makeup, illness that she may be susceptible to and made contact with a bunch of 4 degree relatives. It was great. We went on to find her bio mother through another avenue but the testing is really great for adopted children. We ended up telling her bio mom a lot of stuff she didn't know about her own heritage, which was interesting. i am the proud mama of a daughter who is 3 percent Neanderthal!! Just my 2 cents before the fireworks start next week.

• Love 10

I think he's furious at the way he and Lisa were treated last year, and just over the whole damn mess.

I think Ken needs to realize he is not the EP on RHOBH.  They should have never run off in Puerto Rico.  A simple lunch with Kyle, Mauricio, Joyce and Michael would have righted things and probably saved Joyce's job.  I think Ken over reacted at dinner towards Yolanda and under reacted regarding Kim-who spoiled the whole thing.  If Ken wants to be part of the show fine-quit talking about how much of a pain it is to go to anyone's event.

• Love 6

Ken doesn't work for Bravo either.  Husbands are not paid according to a recent tweet to/from Simon (RHNY)

I thought them leaving that ambush Kyle arranged in Puerto Rico was brilliant and the only sensible thing to do.  It was bullshit, and Yo and Kim were vicious as well.  Why should Ken want to "right" it?  When he and Maurice (as Kim calls him) did try to work it out later, Yolanda interrupted and was a complete bitch, then accused Ken of assaulting her!  He doesn't need that crap.

• Love 6

Ken doesn't work for Bravo either.  Husbands are not paid according to a recent tweet to/from Simon (RHNY)

I thought them leaving that ambush Kyle arranged in Puerto Rico was brilliant and the only sensible thing to do.  It was bullshit, and Yo and Kim were vicious as well.  Why should Ken want to "right" it?  When he and Maurice (as Kim calls him) did try to work it out later, Yolanda interrupted and was a complete bitch, then accused Ken of assaulting her!  He doesn't need that crap.

Kyle never arranged an ambush in Puerto Rico-Yolanda, Brandi and Kim were the ones with issues.  Brandi mentioned the tabloid story but Kyle didn't bring it up initially when Lisa did the walk away. . . Kim did.  Brandi brought up Scheana.

Ken needs to take his head out of his ass and quit trying to "teach people lessons" , calling Adrienne and Paul stupid and add Yolanda to the list of people who do not want to be called stupid and realize he is a fucking dinosaur who is going to spend the next decade in court if he doesn't smarten up.  He then decided to attack Mauricio character.  Ken was the asshole who defended Brandi and insulted so many others in her defense.  In Brandi's words-Ken needs to go suck it.  By the way I do like Lisa but Ken has been a toad for three years now,  I realize she needs to support her husband but he needs to be a little more gentlemanly. 

Ken is a four star asshole and as the law suits continue to roll in he might want to remember what his friend Mauricio told him.  Instead he is writing checks and Mauricio is growing his business and cashing them.  Sorry Ken needs to put the purse doggies down and start realizing he was a big part of the Brandi problem.  I do think he is cute with Rumpy and Pumpy.

• Love 5

If Ken doesn't want to do the show, that fine with me.  But if he decides to be a sulky person when he is being filmed, and it IS his decision to be there when filming is done, it doesn't bode well for him.  He's only happy when he's being filmed with the dogs.  Geez, could the guy be any more disinterested in his son?  If supposedly you're not happy about being filmed in these scenes then don't do it.  

Personally, I think Ken does want to be on the show but his ego got deflated big time last season. 

Kyle arranged an 'ambush' in PR last season?  I missed that.

• Love 6

Kyle never arranged an ambush in Puerto Rico-Yolanda, Brandi and Kim were the ones with issues. 

This is an example of why I was irritated about the extreme Kim speculation.  These opinions get repeated until they become canon.  Like the "take down Lisa" plan that never occurred in season two, and the Gorgas joining the New Jersey cast to destroy Teresa, these things get repeated until people forget they're allegations, not fact.

• Love 10

This is an example of why I was irritated about the extreme Kim speculation.  These opinions get repeated until they become canon.  Like the "take down Lisa" plan that never occurred in season two, and the Gorgas joining the New Jersey cast to destroy Teresa, these things get repeated until people forget they're allegations, not fact.

But it's also opinion that there was never a Take Lisa Down plan in season 2.  I think there was. Just because it wasn't successful, doesn't mean they didn't try.  These women can't implement a plan against Lisa, they are too ham handed. And I think the Gorgas came on to take Teresa down or Bravo wouldn't have hired them.  It's true though, that's my opinion.  We'll never know for sure because Bravo won't tell us.  And I do think Kyle knew (or at least hoped) that there was going to be a showdown for Lisa in PR.  She knew Brandi was on the outs with her before they got there.  These women all know that drama happens on the trips.  By  deductive reasoning I am sure they try to figure out who will be the victim each trip!

And Ken and Lisa are sabotaging themselves I think this season by keeping themselves separate.  The action is happening, and the show is going on without them.  They are showing the producers that maybe they aren't so indispensable after all.  Ken's a grump, and it may backfire.  FWIW, his therapy comments to Taylor were the first chink in the armor for me.  But his strong points are his unfailing devotion and support of his wife and his love of animals  

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 4

Just when you think Brandi couldn't get any lower : "Ask your husband".

What did Kyle do to deserve that?  Brandi's husband cheated on her - whether Mauricio is or isn't is besides the point - Brandi knows how hurt Kyle was last season by the rumors and how much her husband's cheating (Brandi's) hurt her.  No excuse for that comment at all.

Just when you think she couldn't get any lower, Brandi proves she's capable of crawling under a snake.

• Love 15

Kyle never arranged an ambush in Puerto Rico-Yolanda, Brandi and Kim were the ones with issues.  Brandi mentioned the tabloid story but Kyle didn't bring it up initially when Lisa did the walk away. . . Kim did.  Brandi brought up Scheana.

Ken needs to take his head out of his ass and quit trying to "teach people lessons" , calling Adrienne and Paul stupid and add Yolanda to the list of people who do not want to be called stupid and realize he is a fucking dinosaur who is going to spend the next decade in court if he doesn't smarten up.  He then decided to attack Mauricio character.  Ken was the asshole who defended Brandi and insulted so many others in her defense.  In Brandi's words-Ken needs to go suck it.  By the way I do like Lisa but Ken has been a toad for three years now,  I realize she needs to support her husband but he needs to be a little more gentlemanly. 

Ken is a four star asshole and as the law suits continue to roll in he might want to remember what his friend Mauricio told him.  Instead he is writing checks and Mauricio is growing his business and cashing them.  Sorry Ken needs to put the purse doggies down and start realizing he was a big part of the Brandi problem.  I do think he is cute with Rumpy and Pumpy.

When it comes to Ken, I think his comeuppance is the result of his own arrogance and his willful blindness once  a younger woman started playing up to him.  As much as I may think Brandi is skeevy and trashy, here was this big blond super-sexed- up broad making such a fuss over Ken-- oh, you know, how sexy he was, she just wanted to jump him,  blah blah blah.  It was a joke, and he knew it was  a joke,  but still, I think he believed (hoped?)  there was maybe a chance  Brandi was a little bit serious about how attractive and sexy he was,  and he just ate it up.  Not that he wanted to get with Brandi-- he just liked the idea that he was still a stud in a younger woman's eyes.    To me, that was the ONLY reason he was so antagonistic and tone deaf in her defense.  I do not buy that he ever believed Brandi 100%;  he was just having his ego stroked so much, and it felt so good,  he didn't ever bother to consider whether she is a manipulative POS,  which, of course, she is-- and her fake lust for him was just another expression of that.

No fool like an old fool. And I think that-- his own, very public foolishness-- is the source of all the anger he keep showing.

As to the dogs and how he likes them...honestly, that does nothing for me.  Lots of truly awful people have pets and like their own pets-- doesn't change the fact that they are awful.

Edited by BluishGreen
  • Love 7

But it's also opinion that there was never a Take Lisa Down plan in season 2.  I think there was. Just because it wasn't successful, doesn't mean they didn't try.  These women can't implement a plan against Lisa, they are too ham handed. And I think the Gorgas came on to take Teresa down or Bravo wouldn't have hired them.  It's true though, that's my opinion.  We'll never know for sure because Bravo won't tell us.  And I do think Kyle knew (or at least hoped) that there was going to be a showdown for Lisa in PR.  She knew Brandi was on the outs with her before they got there.  These women all know that drama happens on the trips.  By  deductive reasoning I am sure they try to figure out who will be the victim each trip!

And Ken and Lisa are sabotaging themselves I think this season by keeping themselves separate.  The action is happening, and the show is going on without them.  They are showing the producers that maybe they aren't so indispensable after all.  Ken's a grump, and it may backfire.  FWIW, his therapy comments to Taylor were the first chink in the armor for me.  But his strong points are his unfailing devotion and support of his wife and his love of animals  

These women who are added to the show after it begins all come on for one reason-opportunities.  By the time the Gorgas and Wakiles were added to the cast the Giudices were already on the Feds radar. 

As to any plan in Puerto Rico by the time they arrives Joyce, Kyle and Lisa were cool.  It was Brandi that was upset about the friendship between Lisa and Kyle popping back up.  Not that I think Kyle is all that bright, but she knows better than strategizing with any of these women having watched the Dream Team fall apart before her very eyes.  I also think that Kyle thinks far more of keeping harmony in her marriage than any plan Kim or Brandi would come up with.   Kim and Brandi though would be lame enough to think they could stage a coup -good call on Brandi's part with Kim having been found the night before wandering the hallways with no pants on.

I agree about Ken and Lisa.  I find myself wanting to yell "engage, Maverick!!!!", and wait for them to pull out of their tail spin of retirement on this show.  The problem with Ken and Lisa is they keep talking about the others and their character assassination on Lisa.  One Season 2 was a long time ago, and the comments were in response to some behavior that Lisa now clearly lays out for us.  The biggest problem with Lisa's character these days is that turd of show they have where they are the most irresponsible business owners on the planet getting in the middle of their staff's love lives. 

In fairness we don't know that here haven't been discussions without the cameras rolling.

Also, it's possible that Ken and Lisa know things about the birth parent(s) that could be harmful to Max and want to protect him. I'm not saying that's right. Like, maybe the birth parents specified they never wanted to be contacted - they have rights, too. Although if they are the kind of people who found out that their bio child was adopted by the Vanderpumps and wanted to capitalize on that....

I just don't see Ken or Lisa doing anything to purposely harm their kids.  I think if Max really wants to know, Ken and Lisa would do whatever he wanted in order to find out.

• Love 4

I agree. But it was pretty rapid fire which I appreciate in an argument.  At least she was lucid enough to come up with that.  I'm anxious to see how that party ends. 

Now if Eileen had said it to Brandi we'd be all like, "Way to go Eileen!  She always knows exactly what to say! OMG she's brilliant. What an amazing quick wit!"

• Love 3

What did Kyle do to deserve that?  Brandi's husband cheated on her - whether Mauricio is or isn't is besides the point - Brandi knows how hurt Kyle was last season by the rumors and how much her husband's cheating (Brandi's) hurt her.  No excuse for that comment at all.

Just when you think she couldn't get any lower, Brandi proves she's capable of crawling under a snake.

For some reason the clip I am watching the audio stops matching the video.  Is Brandi saying Kim brought her to the party so Kyle could apologize?  Or is it Brandi came to the party to apologize to Kyle?  Either way it was a bad idea on Kim's part even if her intentions are good-Kim of all people the person who rarely apologizes trying to bring the parties together at a party.

So then there seems to be some question as to the source of the disagreement.  Kyle is reacting to Brandi saying Kyle isn't there for Kim and her reaction is she didn't know?  And for some reason this is offense to Kim and "really hurt her feelings" and brought Kim into the mix when the argument has nothing to do with Kim it is just between Kyle and Brandi? 

So if the argument at Poker Night was not about Kim what was it about?  And why can't Kim express what her new BFF Brandi is so upset with Kyle about?

This is my conjecture.  I think Brandi feels like by virtue of banging JR, she should be elevate to social equals with Kyle and Mauricio and be invited on the Umansky vacations and The Agency events.   In spite of trying to backdoor her way in by adopting Kim in the Brandi BFF Club she is not making swift enough progress and the filming is past the halfway point.  Kim and brandi are boring together and events like stalking JR make no sense.  So any rejection by Kyle of Brandi, is more about not having filming time with the popular group-a group Brandi and Kim have managed to alienate.  For whatever reason, whether it be she considers Kyle a phony, feels competitive with Kyle or is jealous of her lifestyle and the ability of the Umanskys to launch and enjoy successful businesses and social calendars.  What further thwarts Brandi is no one and I mean no one on the cast is willing to give Brandi support for butting in between the sisters.

Why does Kim always have to make it about her?  Why not just say-bad idea getting you two together?  Or at least react towards Brandi when Brandi made the husband comment.  I agree with Kyle Brandi and her truths are wrong all the time and Brandi proved her point by saying Mauricio didn't want Kyle?   The last thing I recall Mauricio saying to Brandi is-Yolanda is going to kick your ass.

• Love 3

Lisa's Son Max Is Looking for Answers

Lisa Vanderpump's son Max is getting more and more curious about his background, and it's bringing up lots of questions for Lisa, too.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/videos/playlist?clip=2842868

Brandi and Kyle Almost Come to Blows

When Brandi Glanville shows up to a party with Kim Richards, Kyle Richards is not having it.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/videos/playlist?clip=2843362

Thanks, quinn.  I missed those earlier.  I can't wait to see what Brandi does/says for Kyle to say, "Are you out of your fucking mind? How dare you have the balls to come in here uninvited." 

And from the other clip:  I don't see Ken as being uninterested or Lisa not being helpful to Max.  When Max asked Lisa what his bio fam's last name is I think she was taken aback by him asking at that moment on camera and she said, "I'm not going to tell you that."  I think she was joking and also of course she's not going to name names right then.

Ken, Lisa and Max were as close as 3 adults can get on a sofa as they looked at the Heritage.com site. From what I can see they're handling Max's curiosity exactly right.  Lisa's diamond to the navel necklace?  Doubt it's Stella and Dot. 

Swoon.

• Love 4

When I saw the preview, I was worried that Lisa may be an asshole to Max, but I was reserving judgment.  Just saw the first look, and Lisa has redeemed herself a bit in my eyes.  She said all the right things and then showing vulnerability by choking up - it was refreshing.

• Love 5

I agree. But it was pretty rapid fire which I appreciate in an argument.  At least she was lucid enough to come up with that.  I'm anxious to see how that party ends. 

Now if Eileen had said it to Brandi we'd be all like, "Way to go Eileen!  She always knows exactly what to say! OMG she's brilliant. What an amazing quick wit!"

I really have to disagree with this. I feel like you're equating Brandi's quip with quick wit. It might have been quick, but it certainly wasn't witty. And for once she didn't swear, so it wasn't even bad or inappropriate in a trashy kind of way. It was just 100% mean.

Eileen's quips have been funny. Lisa V. is quick-witted, too. Sometimes they hit, sometimes they miss the mark. But they're never mean.

• Love 5
I really have to disagree with this. I feel like you're equating Brandi's quip with quick wit. It might have been quick, but it certainly wasn't witty. And for once she didn't swear, so it wasn't even bad or inappropriate in a trashy kind of way. It was just 100% mean.

I suspect lines like "Ask your husband" are pretty go-to for Brandi. She's said variations of them all over the place. Ironically, since she's the one claiming to be most hurt by infidelity.

• Love 7

When I saw the preview, I was worried that Lisa may be an asshole to Max, but I was reserving judgment.  Just saw the first look, and Lisa has redeemed herself a bit in my eyes.  She said all the right things and then showing vulnerability by choking up - it was refreshing.

That scene was touching-especially the part about Max asking if someone was sad somewhere on his birthday.  I don't blame Max for having questions.  Ken looked a little baffled. 

Eileen's quips have been funny. Lisa V. is quick-witted, too. Sometimes they hit, sometimes they miss the mark. But they're never mean.

Brandi is now just cruel.. I never thought she was especially witty or funny but now it is just shock and hurt.  Eileen has managed to hit the mark every time.   She was especially good on WWHL.  Great timing.   

• Love 5

Brandi is now just cruel.. I never thought she was especially witty or funny but now it is just shock and hurt.  Eileen has managed to hit the mark every time.   She was especially good on WWHL.  Great timing.

STFU!

(Not you! Just an example of Brandi's quick come-backs).

• Love 1

Who started this trend of regarding Gay males as Accessories?

SMDH..

This has been infuriating me for years.  I think the first person I can remember talking about "my gays" was Kathy Griffin, and I just couldn't understand why that was okay.  What's funny is, Andy Cohen, the big gay conscience, has been fine with that kind of talk for years--still is, apparently, with Kyle--and was fine with doing major product placement for Chick-fil-A, who have been outspoken enemies of gay people, but he jumps all over an easy target like dopey Joe Giudice.  People who ought to know better get a pass.  Did those gay guys talking to Kyle in terms like "indoor dining gays" (and what the hell is that anyway?  is there a whole subset of gay people who are forced to eat outdoors?), actually think that was cute?  It wasn't.  I don't get it.

Damn !! I missed "First Look". Is there anywhere else to see it ?

You didn't miss much.  The highlight (except for what I've already mentioned) was an argument between Brandi and Kyle that went basically like: "That's the type of girl you are." "Yes, I am."  "Yes you are."  "Yes I am."  "Your truths are always wrong."  "No they're not."  "Yes they are."  "No they're not."  "Yes they are, Brandi."

It was like watching Clarence Darrow and William Jennings Bryan after they'd both had massive strokes.

• Love 11

After watching the second clip, it's shocking how Kim is the clusterfuck in all of this. At Poker Night, Kim shows up high, acts belligerent towards Kyle, follows her into the bathroom, reveals her pill-popping, and then starts a fight with Kyle, accusing her of exposing her relapse before she leaves. It's all Kim. Sure, Brandi and Kyle get involved, but it all revolves around Kim's addiction and self-centeredness. Then at this mixer, Kyle and Brandi are still fighting, but it's again all about Kim, and she again has the nerve to play victim.

I can't wait for Kyle's big F U moment, and I hope it lasts.

• Love 10

I like Eileen and am warming to Lisa but they need to watch out about appearing to be above it all (Lisa's "I'm not okay with this" and Eileen's admittedly funny and true "I'd need a hose" comment). Neither of them are really above it all since they signed up for this show. I'm not saying that I want to see them roll in the mud, but don't clutch your pearls, ladies, when others do.

Edited by VanillaBeanne
  • Love 5

I don't really see it as Eileen and Lisa R "clutching pearls" or "acting above it". I think it's just a real reaction to grown women arguing and fighting like high school girls.

I don't know the last time I saw something like that happen IRL, so my reaction might be the same.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 10

I suspect lines like "Ask your husband" are pretty go-to for Brandi. She's said variations of them all over the place. Ironically, since she's the one claiming to be most hurt by infidelity.

It's sad. 90% of the time her comebacks are so devoid of wit, not to mention how repetitive they are, that I'd feel sorry for her if she weren't so mean.

I don't really see it as Eileen and Lisa R "clutching pearls" or "acting above it". I think it's just a real reaction to grown women arguing and fighting like high school girls.

I don't know the last time I saw something like that happen IRL, so my reaction might be the same.

Can you imagine seeing grown women acting this way in front of you? I hope to hell that I'd be acting above it, frankly.

• Love 7

1000 times this. I know they signed up for this mess of a show and have likely seen clips/eps. Still I think it would be shocking to find ones self in the middle of a fight between the ladies. There's a big difference (to me at least) in watching it happen on tv and seeing it happening in front of you.

I think Eileen and Lisa R should feel the way they do ... these are allegedly adult women! Plus, the issues they are seeing played out in front of them really don't have anything to do with them and aren't about them. Ya know? They are outsiders because they are the newbies.

• Love 4

Brandi is now just cruel.. I never thought she was especially witty or funny but now it is just shock and hurt. 

I don't think she's witty, either.  She was 'quick' in her answer to Kyle's, "You're not wanted here."  If she'd have been drunk or truly ignorant, instead of saying, "Neither are you. Ask your husband",  she could have said, "Well, you're not wanted either."   And then....

Kyle: "Just go" 

Brandi: "No you go."....... "No, you."......"You go first."....."It's my party."....."I was invited."...."No you weren't."...."Yes, I was."....

Instead we get Brandi with a perfectly timed, nasty response that we're talking about here.  If we have to watch them fight, somebody may as well bring it!

• Love 1

I think the stars of the party were suppose to be the men and all of a sudden the albatross known as Brandi swoops in and causes a scene.  Again I could not tell if there was a conversation regarding Brandi's presence there was for the purpose of offering an apology or accepting one.  Kim and her sense of entitlement with her new found friend and just having to draw attention to herself. 

I do not know if I would describe the other ladies' reaction as pearl clutching-more as disgust.  Here we are again with Drunk and Drunker stirring up trouble and breaking up the party.  I have no idea how drunk or how much anti-anxiety medicine Drunk and Drunker have taken bit it doesn't matter because their general demeanor is just boorish.  Brandi's repeats of threats of physical violence are getting old and if I were Kyle I would be nervous.  Brandi has shown she will go there.

• Love 1

As a gay male, I'm kind of offended by being referred to as my gays...and I'm reserving judgement on.how this gay mixer will go down.

Of course, any offensive behavior gay men express or any treatment received by these women look to pale in comparison to how Kyle, Kim, and Brandi will be acting.

I admit to the majority of gay men, to view this in person will be a dream come true....a real life soap.

Glad all of that is being balances out by non drama scenes such as Lisa V with her son Max.

• Love 4

Ken couldn't look less interested. Nor does he say anything.

Someone earlier posted the theory that Max is Ken's "love child" and Lisa adopted him.  It explains why he is "second class" and why Ken seems so uncomfortable on camera.

I like Eileen and am warming to Lisa but they need to watch out about appearing to be above it all (Lisa's "I'm not okay with this" and Eileen's admittedly funny and true "I'd need a hose" comment). Neither of them are really above it all since they signed up for this show. I'm not saying that I want to see them roll in the mud, but don't clutch your pearls, ladies, when others do.

Hey VanillaBeanne.  Since I haven't seen the epi in full yet, I'm not sure if LisaR and Eileen are acting above it all or pearl clutchy, but I totally agree with you that neither of them are above it.  We know Lisa tosses a glass of wine at someone in a coming episode and throws her glass on the floor for emphasis.

Bravo is paying Eileen 750K.  Bringing the drama is what she does for a living and likely what she was hired for and being paid 750K for.  She'll bring it.  Sooner or later she'll bring it.  Or she'll quit because she doesn't want to.  But she's a trained professional, Emmy award winning actress who stirs the shit for a living.  And she does it really well.  I hope we get to see some of it, though, I agree with you that mud-rolling really isn't necessary.

• Love 5