Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Drama Queens

• Start Topic

I don't know why they are trying to focus so much this season on Kim's addiction issues. Seriously, do the producers have no boundaries? The normal petty drama is one thing, watching someone make a fool of themselves constantly and have their addiction brought to the forefront of national television is just all kinds of wrong. It's not entertainment, it's just uncomfortable for most of us to watch. And it is clearly making the rest of the cast feel uncomfortable as well. Doubt Eileen or Lisa R will be back next season, even though the audience loves them both. 

Most interesting part of the episode for me was Max wanting to find out more about his heritage. Some may have found it boring, yeah maybe it wasn't the most interesting thing ever, but it was better than watching Kim get confused about what day of the week it was. 

As far as the Kyle thing goes, on the one hand, I agree that she should have taken the high road and discussed her issues with Kim and Brandi at another time and place. On the other, it should be obvious that this was most likely manipulated by producers for drama, because there's not a party that happens on one of these shows where something doesn't go down. I can't blame Kyle too much if it was either A) Producer driven or B) She made the decision to talk about it on her own because everyone has their breaking point. I don't think I could take Brandi's BS about how Kyle doesn't care about her own sister, wants to see her fail, that Brandi knows more about Kim in 6 months than Kyle does in 40 years, blah blah blah. Imagine being around a vile person like Brandi all the time and on top of it having to hear her say shit like that about you and your sister. And knowing sooner or later Brandi will betray Kim, but Kim doesn't see it, and on top of it she is taking Brandi's side and somehow blaming Kyle for everything. I'd flip her off too. Maybe now Kyle will realize she's better off staying away from them. 

All this focus on Kim's drug use make me suspect that the producers have finally had enough of it. If the rumors about PR are true and we saw her in Paris, I suspect that they are through covering her continued drug use and are letting the chips fall where they may. It is about time IMO. Covering up has only enabled Kim to continue using and they need to fire her now.

The loud, dramatic fights are the most talked-about scenes, but I often think the quiet scenes are more revealing. Case in point: I thought Brandi's comments to Kim about Kyle on the ride over to the party ("Who do you love more - me or Kyle? Kidding!" "I'm not hugging that bitch"), or at home, post-Kim's hospital stay ("I was trying to protect you from your sister...You're better off with me than with her," "Where was Kyle all those nights when you were having trauma?") - this is the real Brandi. Trying to sabotage a sisters' relationship. Poisoning one against the other. That's her true character. To me, those things are much worse than drunken antics.

The same is true for Kim. She should never let a friend throw those kinds of blows towards a sister. Watch her face when Brandi criticizes Kyle for saying "that's just Kim" in regard to the infamous 2 AM phone call. She just loves it. She loves being catered to, and she loves Kyle getting knocked down. She's a mean, messed-up girl.

ITA! Kim loves it and this is who Brandi really is! They are both rotten to the core and deserve each other.

• Love 10

Well, I'm not from Beverly Hills. I'm from Chicago, you know, in one of those flyover states. But the last thing I would do at a party where I was the host is to cause a scene and make my other guests uncomfortable. She didn't have to engage then and there. JMHO, of course.

I was really surprised at Kyle throwing the F bomb around so easily. FWIW, the word 'fucking' doesn't faze me (I know, it's pathetic) but 'asshole' surprised me coming from Kyle.  Said loudly, several times in the middle of a restaurant.

I loathe Kyle but I thought she had more class than that. 

Brandi won this round and like copa said up top, she didn't deserve it but she did.

• Love 7

Watching this again just pisses me off. It's been reported long ago that Kyle got her sister this HW gig. Why? Your sister was a full blown alcoholic at the time. Now if you thought it would lead to some therapy and help that's one thing. But they spent the first 2-3 seasons pretending Kim was normal and hiding the truth. Totally insulting us as viewers. And then when the shit hit the fan and Kim should have taken a step back and focused on her sobriety, her and Kyle reportedly threatened to leave the show if they both weren't brought back together. So fast forward to now and watching Kim on my tv clearly high as a kite just makes me want to banish this show from my DVR. Wasting our time with Kyle pretending she doesn't know what's going on, kim pretending she's normal. It's bullshit. If you're so worried about protecting your secret phone calls, why the hell are you on a reality tv show!

• Love 4

I really doubt Bravo took much convincing about hiring Kim when this show was being cast.  She was BY FAR the bigger get, and the more famous of the two sisters.  I remember reading reports back then that the sister Bravo really wanted was KATHY, so they could have scenes with Paris.  Kathy had some kind of Paris/Kathy show in the works at the time, and passed.

I mean really, who was Kyle before this?  Kim was the famous one, or Paris.

• Love 2

Oh that reminds me. Kim was pressing an icebag onto her left side. What procedure would need that?

All these "sick" claims are really getting to me. I'm beginning to think that IF she had a problem, it was after poker night, and not before. Somewhere I saw Kim claimed to have had "bronchitis and pneumonia" and to have broken her ribs and gotten the hiatal hernia from coughing, which is entirely possible with a really severe cough. At this point, it sounds like she got some excellent medical advice about what to pretend was going on, LOL. She was smoking a cigar, for heaven's sake. I watched both of the poker night videos and not once did she seem short of breath, and not once did I hear her cough, despite all the laughter, emotional goings-on, etc., which will usually exacerbate a cough if one really does have a respiratory infection causing coughing. So, I'm having a hard time believing she was in a lot of pain and broke her ribs before the party, as she claimed. She didn't look sick at all; she just looked and acted stoned.

I think she claimed in her blog that they had drained some fluid from her lungs, so if that happened, that would exlpain the ice pack. She did seem to be moving gingerly when she went to sit on the couch tonight, but what on earth was she doing on that chair or ladder she was on? Well, tonight she looked as though she might have actually been sick, but again, I think that if she was, it was after the poker party and not before.

• Love 7

God, I so wish Kyle had somebody on the show who was there to get her out of these situations. She's terrible at trying to defend herself--and no, I don't believe that this is only Kyle trying to get attention by being a martyr because she didn't do much of that. It wasn't about how Kyle was great and Kim was a burden, it was Kyle crying like a 3 year old over Kim and Brandi's ganging up on her. about how they were bffs now.

Even as it was, Brandi's point -- that Kyle loudly and publicly shames Kim under the pretense of being a good sister -- still came across.

Was that point supposed to be true? Because Brandi spent the whole ep talking about Kim falling apart and needing tending to at 2AM. Kyle hasn't said anything about Kim's problems. I couldn't believe Kim's version of Poker Night, where the problem was Kyle making a "spectacle" of things. As if a) Kim wasn't the spectacle by being obviously and loudly high, b) as if Kim didn't provoke Kyle, follow her to the bathroom and announce that she had taken something, c) Kyle had said or done anything to call attention to Kim's state and most importantly d) as if it's obviously Kyle's job to keep Kim from looking bad in public. It was ridiculous listening to Kim and Brandi cover up Kim's reality all night--there was just "something wrong" with Kim that night, maybe she was "allergic" to the one itty bitty pill that Monty (all Monty's fault!) gave her because of her terrible terrible pain!

But yeah, it was totally Kyle who made this into a thing.

I mean, Kyle won't say the truth either, but she was taught a lesson about it so it can't be both ways. Plus Kyle's probably good reasons to want to believe Kim is sober.

I seriously do want to drag Kyle out by the hair when she starts yet another dumbass confrontation because she never comes out looking anything like a winner. It's no surprise this fight was basically Kyle crying and stamping her feet and Kim and Brandi standing there like two older kids teasing a toddler--only in this case Kim's teasing her by going into "you've disappointed me and must be punished because I'm so responsible" mode and Brandi hits her with the "You're not there for your sister, your sister doesn't like you, your husband cheats on you..."

I think it would actually great to have a HW on the show who was brutally honest to Kim all the time. Like just saying they don't believe her complicated stories about how she came to be loopy, no, they don't think anybody relies on Kim, no, they don't believe she's been sober for 3 years (or the past 3 hours) and what of it? I can't imagine how Kim even responds to someone who doesn't follow her script that way.

I don't generally find Kyle sympathetic but I almost gasped when Kim lamented in one of her early talking heads that, "you make time for the people you love, and I don't really think Kyle has been there for me." Just . . . wow. The entitlement and pathology are practically breathtaking when you remember that this is the fifty year old who disappeared with Ken only to resurface on national television long enough for her children to see her lock herself in a bathroom, crawl around on a hotel suite floor looking for a fix, and hide a (temporarily) crippled woman's crutches.

Yup, exactly. This is also the woman who cut Kyle out of her life as punishment for a year and then let her come crawling back (which she pathetically did). The woman who doesn't answer phone messages or show up on time or commit to any invitations because every second of the day she's finding ways to remind people that the world revolves around her. So now she's got a new enabler to be high with and tell her she's the best and Kyle's going to be criticized for knowing that Kim calling upset at 2AM is just Tuesday to her. She doesn't call at 2AM because she's traumatized, she calls because she has no sense of time and never thinks about what other people might be doing.

Which, btw, is why I think it might have been a real moment when Kyle corrected Kim on when they spoke. That wasn't Kyle shaming Kim, that was Kyle knowing Kim's floating out to sea again.

God, I so wish Kyle had somebody on the show who was there to get her out of these situations. She's terrible at trying to defend herself--and no, I don't believe that this is only Kyle trying to get attention by being a martyr because she didn't do much of that. It wasn't about how Kyle was great and Kim was a burden, it was Kyle crying like a 3 year old over Kim and Brandi's ganging up on her. about how they were bffs now.

Even as it was, Brandi's point -- that Kyle loudly and publicly shames Kim under the pretense of being a good sister -- still came across.

Was that point supposed to be true? Because Brandi spent the whole ep talking about Kim falling apart and needing tending to at 2AM. Kyle hasn't said anything about Kim's problems. I couldn't believe Kim's version of Poker Night, where the problem was Kyle making a "spectacle" of things. As if a) Kim wasn't the spectacle by being obviously and loudly high, b) as if Kim didn't provoke Kyle, follow her to the bathroom and announce that she had taken something, c) Kyle had said or done anything to call attention to Kim's state and most importantly d) as if it's obviously Kyle's job to keep Kim from looking bad in public. It was ridiculous listening to Kim and Brandi cover up Kim's reality all night--there was just "something wrong" with Kim that night, maybe she was "allergic" to the one itty bitty pill that Monty (all Monty's fault!) gave her because of her terrible terrible pain!

But yeah, it was totally Kyle who made this into a thing.

I mean, Kyle won't say the truth either, but she was taught a lesson about it so it can't be both ways. Plus Kyle's probably good reasons to want to believe Kim is sober.

I seriously do want to drag Kyle out by the hair when she starts yet another dumbass confrontation because she never comes out looking anything like a winner. It's no surprise this fight was basically Kyle crying and stamping her feet and Kim and Brandi standing there like two older kids teasing a toddler--only in this case Kim's teasing her by going into "you've disappointed me and must be punished because I'm so responsible" mode and Brandi hits her with the "You're not there for your sister, your sister doesn't like you, your husband cheats on you..."

I think it would actually great to have a HW on the show who was brutally honest to Kim all the time. Like just saying they don't believe her complicated stories about how she came to be loopy, no, they don't think anybody relies on Kim, no, they don't believe she's been sober for 3 years (or the past 3 hours) and what of it? I can't imagine how Kim even responds to someone who doesn't follow her script that way.

I don't generally find Kyle sympathetic but I almost gasped when Kim lamented in one of her early talking heads that, "you make time for the%
  • Love 17

Brandi going after a 17-year-old may top Kyle outing Kim's mental health issues as the ugliest thing I've seen among non-sociopaths on this franchise. I think it's beyond fucked up that Yolanda was still offering half-assed defenses of Brandi on WWHL earlier this year after those statements in the preview.

There's a preview of the scene up on Bravotv.com, if anyone's interested. My jaw dropped, too. Fireworks don't explode, as they would if Brandi said that to me, but I thought Yo handled it pretty well in that she didn't take the bait. Brandi had the nerve to equate a 17 y.o.'s one DUI with her alcoholism, and Yo called her out for going on the attack when she was only trying to offer Brandi help. I do wonder how this friendship can last, esp. now with Joanna Krupa's lawsuit involving Mohammed.

• Love 12

Did we actually hear the seal break on the water bottle? For all we know it could have been filled with "potato juice" and Brandy probably had a vodka soaked tampon shoved up her hooha.

I love you.

Kim's neck area when she was laying in the bed talking to Kyle looked like she was in her 80's

And that sepia-toned footage Bravo likes to use highlights every single area of sun damage all over Kim's face, neck, and hands.

That is not kind lighting.  

• Love 11

She wasn't the only one, though. I'm pretty sure I heard LisaR say the same thing. It sounds as though "my gays" are this year's answer to the pekingese in the handbag shtick of years ago. Pretty darned condescending, if you ask me.

You must not watch Real Housewives of Atlanta.  They've been saying the "my gays" thing since the show's inception.  Most of the other Housewive's shows have also.  And NOW Andy Cohen has a problem with it.  Give me a friggin break!

• Love 20

There's a preview of the scene up on Bravotv.com, if anyone's interested. My jaw dropped, too. Fireworks don't explode, as they would if Brandi said that to me, but I thought Yo handled it pretty well in that she didn't take the bait. Brandi had the nerve to equate a 17 y.o.'s one DUI with her alcoholism, and Yo called her out for going on the attack when she was only trying to offer Brandi help. I do wonder how this friendship can last, esp. now with Joanna Krupa's lawsuit involving Mohammed.

I believe Yolanda is done after that. The look on her face said it all. I think she will continue to slowly back off Brandi and maybe even leave the show after this season. She has to be delicate in her effort to detach herself from Brandi because every secret she ever told her will be used against her.

Maybe it's good for Yo that Brandi has a new BFF to hang with.

• Love 16

Kim may be sober (I know.  Iknow) but if she is, either her brain is totally fried or she's suffering from early Alzheimer's.   I can't decide who is worse, her or Brandi.  Probably Kim for 'allowing' Brandi to speak to, and try to physically intimidate Kyle the way she did.

Kyle was so frustrating.  I wanted to be there to tell her what to say.  Kyle is the ultimate 'pleaser'.  She grew up with two sisters with huge egos.  I think she has always been the passive one with these two.  Oh sure, she's had her moments but you can see clearly how she let's Kim affect her.  That takes years to get to the place where Kyle is.

As some other posters have stated, Brandi is getting so much joy from brainwashing Kim about Kyle.  Brandi's family issues must be so much more than what we have seen.  Kyle, IMO, is not toxic to Kim.  Has she done things that may have not been in Kim's best interest?  Sure.  But I don't doubt for a second that they have been done out of love.    And Brandi is trying to use, and makeup, anything she can to drive a wedge.  How toxic and sick is that?

Brandi can blame editing all she wants.  The truth is that her plan is backfiring.  Big time.  Walk away Kyle. Your sister is using you to blame because she can't deal with the truth about herself.

• Love 17

These ladies refer to these men as "my gays" because that's what they are to them. These RHs see them as walking talking accessories that help them shop, fix their makeup, and tell them "oh so scandalous" sex stories. Guarantee that if these were straight men with the same exact personalities they would not be at a RHoB party! Why? Because these aren't actual friends to the HWs, these are fetish objects for bored rich women. And aside from this, its just distasteful to refer to a person's sexuality as being the whole redeeming characteristic of who they are. (At least the Beverly Hills husbands haven't resorted to throwing "my lesbian" parties yet!) So glad Andy has expressed dislike of this particular phenomenon! I think that there is a lot of passive acceptance of this phrase, and it probably gets a pass from some because hey its better than being called that hateful name and its better than being ostracized, but really in 2015 the gay community should be able to get a little more respect than that, dammit. Okay rant over. And to make it clear I don't hate Kyle or Lisa R. or anyone else for saying these words, I just hope that one day they will choose their words a little more carefully. I doubt that Kyle had bad intentions, but hey its just like how benevolent sexism is still sexism.

I focused on that aspect of the show, because I can't even begin to process the clusterfuck of the rest of the episode. Frankly, I was grossed out. Everyone involved looked bad. It's starting to get too dark for me.  And there's a part 2? Oh yay. How fun that will be! It's unfortunate that one of my fave shows to watch (and read about here) is turning into this black hole of horrible people saying irredeemable things and almost physically assaulting each other.

• Love 2

I so wish Kyle was able to rise above it and walk away from those two she devils, but I need to accept the fact that she's not capable of it. She doesn't have it in her and, frankly, I think she's just not smart enough.

I agree!  Especially when Kyle had the perfect weapon on hand to handle Brandi...the Morally Corrupt Faye Resnick!!!  Brandi would have run out of there like a Chihuahua with it's tail between her legs. 

Again, she did have someone there.  TMCFR!!!  Kyle needs to learn to use the resources made available to her.  lol

Edited by swankie
  • Love 19

I was really surprised at Kyle throwing the F bomb around so easily. FWIW, the word 'fucking' doesn't faze me (I know, it's pathetic) but 'asshole' surprised me coming from Kyle.  Said loudly, several times in the middle of a restaurant.

I loathe Kyle but I thought she had more class than that. 

Brandi won this round and like copa said up top, she didn't deserve it but she did.

Oh, how soon we forget Kyle screaming "you're a fucking liar, Camille!" across a booth in a crowded New York Serafina . . . Though, to be fair, I can't remember any other incidents between now and then.

• Love 8

Kim and Brandi's friendship will last exactly as long as Brandi feeds Kim's ego, and is willing to listen to Kim's litany of reasons Kyle fails her, and as long as Brandi needs an ally for filming, and as long as Kim provides Brandi with useful gossip. One wrong move by either of these two, a fight happens, Brandi pulls out her truth cannon, and another reality "friendship" is destroyed for good. It won't last another full season, I know that much.

Kim and Brandi's friendship will only last as long as the time when Kim calls her wonderful new bff in the middle of the night, and Brandi, herself, is either too drunk to care and tells Kim to STFU, or Brandi is otherwise "engaged" and doesn't have the time for Kim's rambling, "feel so sorry for me" diatribes.

Then, Kim will turn on Brandi as fast as she can (without tumbling over), and go running back to her sister.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 10

I don't know why they are trying to focus so much this season on Kim's addiction issues. Seriously, do the producers have no boundaries?

No.  And to further prove they have no boundaries, of all the places on earth that they could plan this season's vacation for the BH Hos, they pick Amsterdam.  Perfect place for a group of women with substance abusers in their midst. LOL

• Love 18

Kyle's friends really tried to get her to calm down, but Kyle was itching for a fight, and got one.

Brandi was behaving just fine, Kyle caused this one, dredging up all of her past grievances before she worked herself up to attack Brandi is SO Kyle. 

This was a Bravo party, Kyle knew damn well Brandi would be there. 

Fake, liar, bitch, shit stirrer, same old Kyle.  THEN after the fight she causes her she pulls out the victim, teary sounding voice, but no tears, oh poor victimized me. 

I'm also tired of the fake pearl clutching whenever Brandi says "fuck."  Kyle says it just as often, but oh, when it's SAID, she has the vapors.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 5

It's the first time I ever heard it (from Kathy Griffin), and she used it (still uses it) in reference to her fan base, not her friends, which I think is different.

In my opinion, its all or nothing.  If its offensive then its offensive when everyone says it.  As a casual viewer, I don't see any difference in the way Kathy, the Lisas, Kyle, or Nene uses the reference.  Of course, I just call people by their names so there is that.  Giving select people passes causes confusion and unintended offense.

I agree!  Especially when Kyle had the perfect weapon on hand to handle Brandi...the Morally Corrupt Faye Resnick!!!  Brandi would have run out of there like a Chihuahua with it's tail between her legs.

LOL, I got excited when I saw Faye because I just knew she was going to handle a bitch.  Maybe it will happen in part 2.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 10
The loud, dramatic fights are the most talked-about scenes, but I often think the quiet scenes are more revealing. Case in point: I thought Brandi's comments to Kim about Kyle on the ride over to the party ("Who do you love more - me or Kyle? Kidding!" "I'm not hugging that bitch"), or at home, post-Kim's hospital stay ("I was trying to protect you from your sister...You're better off with me than with her," "Where was Kyle all those nights when you were having trauma?") - this is the real Brandi. Trying to sabotage a sisters' relationship. Poisoning one against the other. That's her true character. To me, those things are much worse than drunken antics.

Yes, exactly.  On one hand, I do wish that Kyle had been able to just ignore both of them and go on having a good time, but once she was thrown off-kilter by Brandi's appearance she was a ticking time-bomb.  

But, the things you highlighted are the reasons why I don't feel bad for either Brandi or Kim for Kyle unloading on them.  All of the women can be catty and bitchy, but Brandi is on a whole different level, and Kim's not far behind her at this point.  

• Love 7

Kim and Brandi's friendship will only last as long as the time when Kim calls her wonderful new bff in the middle of the night, and Brandi, herself, is either too drunk to care and tells Kim to STFU, or Brandi is otherwise "engaged" and doesn't have the time for Kim's rambling, "feel so sorry for me" diatribes.

Then, Kim will turn on Brandi as fast as she can (without tumbling over), and go running back to her sister.

...who should slam the door in her face.

• Love 13

You must not watch Real Housewives of Atlanta.  They've been saying the "my gays" thing since the show's inception.  Most of the other Housewive's shows have also.  And NOW Andy Cohen has a problem with it.  Give me a friggin break!

I don't watch Atlanta with any regularity but Kyle and Lisa Rinna were ridiculous - junior high school giddy - in talking about their gays.  If Andy hasn't called any of the other housewives out before, he should have.  Maybe he was hoping it wasn't going to become a thing.  Ignore it and it will go away.   But with LisaR's over the top TH last week and Kyle's ridiculous yammering about her gays, I think Andy needed to address it.  Or maybe he isn't offended by it but other people pointed it out to him since Rinna's TH.

• Love 3

She wasn't the only one, though. I'm pretty sure I heard LisaR say the same thing. It sounds as though "my gays" are this year's answer to the pekingese in the handbag shtick of years ago. Pretty darned condescending, if you ask me.

Absolutely shameful about the way these ladies talked! I was worried they had collars and a leash for the poor guys they brought. Whoever thought of this and staged it needs his/her head examined!!! Pretty insulting IMO. Not sure these pillars of BHs society (puke) are people worth watching and supporting. LisaV shame the heck on your pink tutu!

• Love 2

The same is true for Kim. She should never let a friend throw those kinds of blows towards a sister. Watch her face when Brandi criticizes Kyle for saying "that's just Kim" in regard to the infamous 2 AM phone call. She just loves it. She loves being catered to, and she loves Kyle getting knocked down. She's a mean, messed-up girl.

I agree.  It is almost as if Brandi and Kim are in some kind of controlling, abusive relationship, with Brandi as the controller.  If you were to take all of those comments from Brandi to Kim, and put them in a husband/wife situation, everyone would be commenting about how the husband is a controlling, abusive bastard.

It is kind of creepy if it you look at it from that point of view.

But, Kim is allowing this behavior to continue and almost inviting it from Brandi.  Kim is lapping this up like a hungry kitten at a bowl of milk.  She is loving that the focus is on her, and if it veers ever so slightly, she does her darnedest to re-direct the focus back to her.  Whenever Kyle and Brandi would circle back to their own issues and their argument, leaving Kim out of the discussion, Kim would chime in with something to bring it back around to her.

Her narcissism knows no bounds.  (I guess that's what narcissism is though, isn't it?) 

• Love 14

Well, in an interview recently, Yolanda did say that they, she and Brandi, do not see or talk to each other after filming ends!  She is quietly pulling away, faster and faster as we type. LOL

• Love 8

PS -- Hey, Kyle -- Six months is more than enough time for your sister to have imparted two tons of family secrets while under the influence to her new best friend, who went looking for treasure and dirt from the get-go.

Hearing drugged up accounts of family secrets still doesn't give Brandi more incite into Kyle's and Kim's relationship.  The person who lived it always knows more than the meddling outsider. 

Oh, I can't wait for Brandi to decide she's had enough of Kim and throws her to the wolves...again.  She's the one that called Kim a meth addict the first season she appeared on this show.  And don't forget shitty-pillow-gate.  I can't stand Kim so I'm looking forward to Brandi doing her thing and making Kim cower in a corner in the fetal position.  I'll bet she'll go crawling to Kyle then.  Idiot!

• Love 10

Watching both Ken and Lisa wipe away tears, and seeing the fears in their faces, was heart-tugging for me. I dated a man who had adopted brothers when they were very little. Both sons expressed an interest in knowing their birth parents and he was so worried and scared they'd want to be with them, and not him.

I actually teared up at this, as well...it was a peek into Lisa and Ken with their facade stripped away - even if it was only for a few minutes.  But, then, I like Lisa most of the time.

I hope that Max finds happiness wherever he is searching for it...he doesn't seem like a very happy young man.

• Love 10

Oh, how soon we forget Kyle screaming "you're a fucking liar, Camille!" across a booth in a crowded New York Serafina . . . Though, to be fair, I can't remember any other incidents between now and then.

One more...

tumblr_ni8jxyEZuR1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Or how can we ever forget...

tumblr_n3evafYyJu1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

Edited by RealityTVSmack1
  • Love 3

I don't watch Atlanta with any regularity but Kyle and Lisa Rinna were ridiculous - junior high school giddy - in talking about their gays.  If Andy hasn't called any of the other housewives out before, he should have.  Maybe he was hoping it wasn't going to become a thing.  Ignore it and it will go away.   But with LisaR's over the top TH last week and Kyle's ridiculous yammering about her gays, I think Andy needed to address it.  Or maybe he isn't offended by it but other people pointed it out to him since Rinna's TH.

Ramona and Sonja have been doing this for ages and he has never said a word to them either. If he calls out the BH cast, he should do the same to all the HWs that do it no matter what show, not just a few on BH. JMO

I agree.  It is almost as if Brandi and Kim are in some kind of controlling, abusive relationship, with Brandi as the controller.  If you were to take all of those comments from Brandi to Kim, and put them in a husband/wife situation, everyone would be commenting about how the husband is a controlling, abusive bastard.

It is kind of creepy if it you look at it from that point of view.

But, Kim is allowing this behavior to continue and almost inviting it from Brandi.  Kim is lapping this up like a hungry kitten at a bowl of milk.  She is loving that the focus is on her, and if it veers ever so slightly, she does her darnedest to re-direct the focus back to her.  Whenever Kyle and Brandi would circle back to their own issues and their argument, leaving Kim out of the discussion, Kim would chime in with something to bring it back around to her.

Her narcissism knows no bounds.  (I guess that's what narcissism is though, isn't it?) 

IMO, just mine, I think Kim is as controlling as Brandi is. She is feeding Brandi her twisted version of Kyle and Brandi is lapping it up even though she knows Kim has been an addict most of her life so her "version" is questionable at best. They are both leeches, sucking blood off of each other and the rest of the BH cast.

• Love 10

This episode was a mess.

Kyle, instead of walking away from the drama and talking to Brandi and Kim in another setting of course has to go stir the pot and go to everyone and tell them about the issue with Brandi. That to me confirms my dislike for her. She stirs the pot and creates a mess and then acts all innocent. Rich of her to talk about Brandi turning on Lisa last season when she was practically giddy about it. But when it blew it in her face she is the victim. Rme. 

Kim is a mess and needs therapy. Hanging out with Brandi who is another mess and needs therapy and electroshock is not the best idea. Those two drag each other down. I wonder how Yolanda would've reacted had she seen the situation. Brandi's only aly now is Kim since you can see them bloom falling off the rose with Yo.

I am actually liking Max searching for his family. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for Lisa and Ken.

Lisa Rinna and Eileen continue to be the best part about the show. For two soap actresses that have seen their share of crazy, it's hilarious how this show is even too much for them. I hope they come back next season. Bring back Camille and get rid of Brandi and Kim.

• Love 10

All these "sick" claims are really getting to me. I'm beginning to think that IF she had a problem, it was after poker night, and not before. Somewhere I saw Kim claimed to have had "bronchitis and pneumonia" and to have broken her ribs and gotten the hiatal hernia from coughing, which is entirely possible with a really severe cough. At this point, it sounds like she got some excellent medical advice about what to pretend was going on, LOL. She was smoking a cigar, for heaven's sake. I watched both of the poker night videos and not once did she seem short of breath, and not once did I hear her cough, despite all the laughter, emotional goings-on, etc., which will usually exacerbate a cough if one really does have a respiratory infection causing coughing. So, I'm having a hard time believing she was in a lot of pain and broke her ribs before the party, as she claimed. She didn't look sick at all; she just looked and acted stoned.

I think she claimed in her blog that they had drained some fluid from her lungs, so if that happened, that would exlpain the ice pack. She did seem to be moving gingerly when she went to sit on the couch tonight, but what on earth was she doing on that chair or ladder she was on? Well, tonight she looked as though she might have actually been sick, but again, I think that if she was, it was after the poker party and not before.

Checking her stash??  

• Love 10

Hearing drugged up accounts of family secrets still doesn't give Brandi more incite into Kyle's and Kim's relationship.  The person who lived it always knows more than the meddling outsider. 

Absolutely. Kim is only going to give her 'poor me' side of the story.  And as we can clearly see, that ain't the fact.

I think Brandi's ego was huge after coming off Celebrity Apprentice.  I don't she, or most of us, thought she would have gotten as far as she got.  From her refusal to tweet tonight and blaming 'editing' the so called truth cannon is getting reality thrown in her face. 

• Love 7

Andy's over it too.  He just talked about the housewives saying "my gays" and suggested they try that with "my blacks."

Andy is full of shit.  He jumps all over these housewives but gives Nene, Ramona and Vicki from his other housewive's franchises cart blanche on the "my gays" thing.  Nene even made gay slurs last season and he basically turned a blind eye.  He also has had Kathy Griffin on WWHL and never said anything about her use of it.  Hell, she started the "my gays" thing.  I agree that its tacky and in very bad taste to call them "my gays".  I just wish someone would have put a stop to it before now. 

I don't watch Atlanta with any regularity but Kyle and Lisa Rinna were ridiculous - junior high school giddy - in talking about their gays.  If Andy hasn't called any of the other housewives out before, he should have.  Maybe he was hoping it wasn't going to become a thing.  Ignore it and it will go away.

Seven years is a long time to ignore something and hope it will go away. 

• Love 12

Kyle is heading for a break down or just putting everyone on? She's certainly had her share of dramatics and this episode is another fine example. Is she suffering from a hormonal imbalance? Maybe just a frustrated actor this episode?!? :D

Here she is wishing everyone a pleasant day...

tumblr_mwwoj9Pqe61ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Kyle taught Brandi a thing or two...Brandi has unfortunately become stuck there...

tumblr_meinhtdMC21ql5yr7o1_400.gif

Yikes I'm beginning to wonder if Kyle mouth is more like Brandi's than I remember...

tumblr_lupsagE7p31ql5yr7o1_400.gif

Edited by RealityTVSmack1
  • Love 3

It's funny how all of a sudden Yolanda is talking about missing her son when we never heard her mention him when her two precious daughters were living at home.

I felt bad she told the world that he needs a tutor.  Nothing to be ashamed of, but he might not want people knowing.

Most interesting part of the episode for me was Max wanting to find out more about his heritage. Some may have found it boring, yeah maybe it wasn't the most interesting thing ever, but it was better than watching Kim get confused about what day of the week it was. 

I don't know if I can explain how odd it is not to know what your ethnicity is.  I was adopted into a family with English, German, and a little Native American.  My parents have/had dark brown hair/eyes and olive skin, and are on the short side.  I'm tall, super pale skin, with green eyes.  I've never looked like anyone in my entire life (except Marcia Cross now that I have red hair).  You don't even realize how often people ask you about your heritage.  I'm not comfortable claiming what I don't know so it's always awkward.  And every St. Patrick's Day, I start getting grilled about being Irish, or told I have "the map of Ireland" on my face.  I tell myself I'm going to start saying I'm Irish or Scandinavian, but I don't.  I crave that knowledge, and one day I will send my DNA.  The bigger the donor bank, the more accurate it will be.

• Love 13

Kim may be sober (I know.  Iknow) but if she is, either her brain is totally fried or she's suffering from early Alzheimer's.   I can't decide who is worse, her or Brandi.  Probably Kim for 'allowing' Brandi to speak to, and try to physically intimidate Kyle the way she did.

Kyle was so frustrating.  I wanted to be there to tell her what to say.  Kyle is the ultimate 'pleaser'.  She grew up with two sisters with huge egos.  I think she has always been the passive one with these two.  Oh sure, she's had her moments but you can see clearly how she let's Kim affect her.  That takes years to get to the place where Kyle is.

As some other posters have stated, Brandi is getting so much joy from brainwashing Kim about Kyle.  Brandi's family issues must be so much more than what we have seen.  Kyle, IMO, is not toxic to Kim.  Has she done things that may have not been in Kim's best interest?  Sure.  But I don't doubt for a second that they have been done out of love.    And Brandi is trying to use, and makeup, anything she can to drive a wedge.  How toxic and sick is that?

Brandi can blame editing all she wants.  The truth is that her plan is backfiring.  Big time.  Walk away Kyle. Your sister is using you to blame because she can't deal with the truth about herself.

I thought this same thing....my Mom is in the early to mid-stages of Alzheimers', and quite often, our conversations are very much the same as the ones that Kim has with everyone and in her talking heads.  I equate it to riding a merry-go-round or carousel - you just keep going around and around and around until you are dizzy....

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 9

Watching this again just pisses me off. It's been reported long ago that Kyle got her sister this HW gig. Why? Your sister was a full blown alcoholic at the time. Now if you thought it would lead to some therapy and help that's one thing. But they spent the first 2-3 seasons pretending Kim was normal and hiding the truth. Totally insulting us as viewers. And then when the shit hit the fan and Kim should have taken a step back and focused on her sobriety, her and Kyle reportedly threatened to leave the show if they both weren't brought back together. So fast forward to now and watching Kim on my tv clearly high as a kite just makes me want to banish this show from my DVR. Wasting our time with Kyle pretending she doesn't know what's going on, kim pretending she's normal. It's bullshit. If you're so worried about protecting your secret phone calls, why the hell are you on a reality tv show!

I am really irritated by this, too.  They spent all this time hiding the alcoholic from the viewers, and now are trying to hide drug addiction?  It's totally insulting at this point, and Kim is deluded if she thinks we'd have no idea that she's high if Kyle didn't correct her when she forgets what day it is.

• Love 6

Oh that was frustrating. I have a love/hate relationship with Kyle. I think she is a genuinely good wife&mother and in comparison to Kathy&Kim, probably a decent sister. I won't say she is dumb, but damn she is slow on her feet when she's in an argument. I just watched the clip for next week between Brandi and Yolanda and Kyle could learn a thing from Yolanda. Yolanda calls out Brandi right away, whereas Kyle had to pump herself up to confront Brandi and still came off completely tongue tied. And it's not because she was up against some mental giant. Brandi talks loud and use her physical presence to intimidate.... that is all. Kyle can't bring the wit so she should sling the mud right back at Brandi. Seriously Brandi of all people making comments implying Kyle's husband cheating when her own husband left her (a model) for frickin Leanne Rhimes! Get the $%! Out of here.

As for Kyle & Kim...oy. As someone, who has seen a sister struggle with alcoholism and fortunately gotten control over the disease (15 years now), no way do I believe Kim has ever been sober. She has also got to be the most immature woman on nearly any of these shows. I'm no Brandi fan, but I can appreciate that she brings the drama. Kim is just pathetic to watch and quite frankly always has been. Further, if I'm Kyle and I've been reading slobbering love fest tweets between Brandi & Kim, I'd have no problem waving adios to those two morons.

Edited by AttackTurtle
  • Love 10

I believe Yolanda is done after that. The look on her face said it all. I think she will continue to slowly back off Brandi and maybe even leave the show after this season. She has to be delicate in her effort to detach herself from Brandi because every secret she ever told her will be used against her.

Maybe it's good for Yo that Brandi has a new BFF to hang with.

Yeah.  It's just another example of how low Brandi will go.  Maybe some tabloids have sensationalized Bella's DUI.  Does a so called friend throw that in someone's face?  Oh yeah, maybe a so called friend does it to try and deflect a friend from having justified concerns about your drinking problem.  And I don't like Yolanda at all but that's all she was trying to be.  A friend. 

Oh, and Brandi,  many alcoholics can make lunch for their children and pick them up from school.  They can hold it together quite well.  But if you drink and get nasty, you have a problem.  It's not only about how often or how much you drink.  It's about what you 'do' when you drink. 

• Love 17

Kyle, get thyself to Alanon, ASAP.

I really feel for Lisa V. about the adoption of her son. Sometimes finding out exactly who one's bio parents can be pretty scary. My daughter adopted a daughter whose bio mom is a developedly disabled young woman. I think that the father at best took advantage of this girl or at worst raped her. I know that my daughter will be open with her beautiful daughter but when the child wants to know the truth of her parentage, it may be quite a shock.

• Love 10

I think she was applying it to her (allegedly) cracked rib sustained from the excessive coughing she was (not) having.

And nice try with that list of meds you rattled off, Kim, but, just like that list you rattled off to Paul a couple of seasons ago, the odds that any of those, nor the combination thereof, would explain your high-as-a-kite behavior are slim to none.

The audience...We're not a Disney audience full of children, Kim.  We see what you're trying to do there.  

Procedures...such as a camera down her throat to see the damage caused her alcoholism - also up the other way too.  Ulcer caused by her cirrosis.  Bleeding stomach, throwing up blood.  This isn't Oz Kim.  Hopefully, they are watching her blood work - and closely.  A bing went over my head when Kyle told Mo that she wanted to see what the doctors had to say and visiting hour are over soon.  Doctors make their rounds very early in the morning.  Instead of fighting with Kim, maybe Kyle can GO to the doctor with her and see for herself what's going on.  I have a feeling Kim will get the days wrong on that one too.  

Kim's ex should sneak a valium to Kyle for all parties in the future.  These Hilton gals can't hold their liquor.  Not happy drunks are they?  Off to read Eileen's blog.  I need a giggle, tonight was just awful.

• Love 4

Absolutely. Kim is only going to give her 'poor me' side of the story.  And as we can clearly see, that ain't the fact.

I think Brandi's ego was huge after coming off Celebrity Apprentice.  I don't she, or most of us, thought she would have gotten as far as she got.  From her refusal to tweet tonight and blaming 'editing' the so called truth cannon is getting reality thrown in her face. 

Oh lawdy, lawdy, I hope to hell she keeps blaming editing.

We all know Andy does not take kindly to his ho'wives throwing shade at his editing monkeys and their run as a housewife usually ends shortly after that type of talk starts.

PLEASE let that be the case with Brandi.  It would be like a hug from baby jeebus to get this deplorable woman off of my screen next season.

And oh so much better if she would take her BFF Kim with her on her way out the Bravo door.  

• Love 13

I thought this same thing....my Mom is in the early to mid-stages of Alzheimers', and quite often, our conversations are very much the same as the ones that Kim has with everyone and in her talking heads.  I equate it to riding a merry-go-round or carousel - you just keep going around and around and around until you are dizzy....

I went thru the same thing with my mom and her mother (my grandmother). They had a terrible relationship and in the end I was In charge of my grandmothers care. In the end she thought that I was was my mother and that I loved her and her life ended peacefully.

• Love 14

I've been thinking about this, and while we all know that the party showdown tonight was probably partially producer-driven, I do wonder what it was that made Kyle go from 0 to 60 in a short span of time.  She conceded to Kim that she would try to be a gracious hostess toward an clearly unwanted and uninvited guest, for the sake of Kim and Kyle's relationship. 

I am not usually a fan of Kyle's, but with this particular situation, I have to side with her.  Yes, she is/can be a bitch with a mouth almost as filthy as Brandi's (although I have NEVER heard Kyle use the C-word to describe anyone, and we've heard Brandi use it on at least two occasions in the past few weeks.).

I think maybe what really set Kyle off was that she walked up to Brandi and apologized for her actions at the poker party, and Brandi did not reciprocate with an apology of her own.  If Brandi had maybe said "I apologize for getting between you", maybe none of this would have happened.  Kyle clearly gave Brandi enough hints to that effect....she said it numerous times, in varying ways "You were preventing me from talking with my sister"...."I just wanted to talk to Kim alone"...."You got between me and my sister", etc. and Brandi would not apologize at all, in fact, she went in for the attack, right away. 

• Love 8

Kyle did NOT give a real apology.

It was a "sorry I 'touched' you" but you shouldn't have done this, or this, or that, or by the way, that either, or that or that."  Her friends TRIED to calm her down.  She wanted to fight.  So she did.

• Love 8