Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Drama Queens

• Start Topic

As a gay male, I'm kind of offended by being referred to as my gays...and I'm reserving judgement on.how this gay mixer will go down.

Of course, any offensive behavior gay men express or any treatment received by these women look to pale in comparison to how Kyle, Kim, and Brandi will be acting.

I admit to the majority of gay men, to view this in person will be a dream come true....a real life soap.

Glad all of that is being balances out by non drama scenes such as Lisa V with her son Max.

I'm not gay but I'm offended. I'm often offended on others behalf ;)

The whole my gays is insulting. It might have started out as a loving phrase by Kathy Griffin or whoever, but now it sound ridiculous.

When Brandi says my gaygent or whatever, I just want someone to tell her how offensive that is. If he was black would he be her blagent?

I wish they would all stop with the "my gays".

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 8

As a gay male, I'm kind of offended by being referred to as my gays...and I'm reserving judgement on.how this gay mixer will go down.

Of course, any offensive behavior gay men express or any treatment received by these women look to pale in comparison to how Kyle, Kim, and Brandi will be acting.

I admit to the majority of gay men, to view this in person will be a dream come true....a real life soap.

Glad all of that is being balances out by non drama scenes such as Lisa V with her son Max.

I watch HGTV and from time to time they have same sex couples buying homes, doing renovations and generally doing the same thing heterosexual and single people do on their shows.  Not once have I ever heard the word gay, my gay, gay union or anything of the sort.  Generally it is just how long the people have known each other, if they are married or plan on getting married and how much money they want to spend on the project and their design style.  Isn't it amazing that an entire network can treat all couples and singles equally.  I wish Bravo and Andy would pass on the term 'my gay' is offensive.  Even my 'gay friends' would be somewhat of an improvement if it was needed to describe something like a mixer.  No one would ever refer to their single friends as "my single".   Then again how often do these women refer to themselves as "the girls", if men in a position of power such as an employer called them "my girls" or "the girls" they would be livid. 

I am predicting Brandi will address the issue in her blog as a way to go after Kyle.  She will find it offensive-even though her book agent is her gaygent.

• Love 6

Well, before this upcoming episode with Max searching for his birth parents is shown, I will point out the following:  As a viewing audience, we have barely seen Max -- maybe half a dozen times over 4 seasons? He has been less-seen than any of the children who have been seen at all on this show.

So, now, out of the blue, without warning, Max just happens to be present and just happens to be filmed while he raises these issues about his birth parents with Lisa-- who of course will demonstrate, on camera, what a perfect and loving parent she is, as she wipes away a perfect little tear with a perfect pink hanky?

In all the watching of this show and the other HW shows, this may be the most consciously contrived storyline and deliberate pandering to the audience I have ever seen.  I have no doubt whatsoever that Lisa scripted this story for the camera  this season to burnish her image after the Dream Team gang ups, the manipulations and character assassinations of others last season. And I am not saying the struggles of adoptive parents and children are not real or are not worthy of attention, compassion and discussion. I am saying THIS exposition of it by Lisa is quite calculated to garner attention for herself (screen time?) and put a halo over her own head.

I will definitely be fast-forwarding through this BS.

Edited by BluishGreen
  • Love 16

I think part of these shows was suppose to be a bit about how the other housewives dissect each others' behavior.  Eileen made it clear when she was talking to Lisa, behind Brandi's back, that she was wondering if Brandi just said offensive stuff as part of her personality or if she was being singled out.  Kim was livid that Lisar dare say anything about her behavior in the limo to her sister or anyone else.   Being at these parties, be it commenting on the dumbass who wears a dress up to her cooch and hobbles in on crutches and a single 5" spike heel, or  two women who for the second time in three outings seem to be at each other throats.  We do not know if Eileen and the rest realize that Brandi was NFI or if they are just tired of getting dressed up, appearing for shooting and having it cut short because Brandi and Kim need to make a scene.  I must be living in an alternate universe because I don't know too many people who when they witnesses to aberrant behavior by friends or people in their social circle will comment and not necessarily to the offender's face or even out of earshot. 

I do think there is a certain amount of camera awareness involved and also a bit of frustration over Brandi and Kim's antics.  Every housewife from every franchise except one (Heather Dubrow) gave the same response when asked about Teresa Giudice going to prison-oh I feel for the kids and or family.  Only Heather was bold enough to say give her a pink slip she committed crimes-she also felt for the family. http://www.realitytea.com/2014/10/21/heather-dubrow-calls-out-bravo-keeping-teresa-giudice-payroll/

So maybe it is time for the well paid to start having honest reactions to the outlandish behavior of a few.

• Love 5

Well, that's a lot more entertaining than that sorry excuse for a First Look on Bravo last night.  That was 12 minutes of my life I won't ever get back.  

Interesting in that Kim seemed to be almost as fucked up in her talking head in that preview as she did on poker night.  

One pain pill, my fucking ass.  Bitch is still high as a fucking kite in those talking heads.  

Interesting that Kim took Brandi to that event.  Even in her altered state, surely she knew massive drama would ensue.  For someone who tries to act child-like and say "Oh, I don't like confrontation," she certainly seems to enjoy seeing others ripping into her sister.  

Which reminds me...  

I'm going to hop into the Way Back Machine for a couple of seconds here.

I remember the fight at table between Kyle and Camille during the infamous "You're a fucking liar, Camille" confrontation.

I recall Kim sitting there like a 3-year-old caught with her hand in the cookie jar claiming not to remember what had transpired, even though she was (according to apparently both Kyle and Camille) in the same room during that confrontation and should have heard it in its entirety.

At the time I couldn't decide if Kim was too fucked up to remember what was said during that confrontation...or if she just was enjoying seeing and hearing Camille rip into Kyle.

In light of what we've seen this season, now I'm thinking it was the latter.  

I'm riding the fence on whether she's "wack-a-doodle" (which makes her sound more harmless) or just a substance-abusing raging bitch.  

Again, I'm thinking it's probably the latter.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 22

Which reminds me...  

I'm going to hop into the Way Back Machine for a couple of seconds here.

I remember the fight at table between Kyle and Camille during the infamous "You're a fucking liar, Camille" confrontation.

I recall Kim sitting there like a 3-year-old caught with her hand in the cookie jar claiming not to remember what had transpired, even though she was (according to apparently both Kyle and Camille) in the same room during that confrontation and should have heard it in its entirety.

At the time I couldn't decide if Kim was too fucked up to remember what was said during that confrontation...or if she just was enjoying seeing and hearing Camille rip into Kyle.

In light of what we've seen this season, now I'm thinking it was the latter.  

I'm riding the fence on whether she's "wack-a-doodle" (which makes her sound more harmless) or just a substance-abusing raging bitch.  

Again, I'm thinking it's probably the latter.

I've been thinking back on those events, too. Didn't Kim also do a talking head where she said that she heard it all, and Camille was misunderstanding Kyle? Then I think she explained not speaking up by talking about how confrontations were too hard for her or something. I just remember it seemed like a lot of folks in the forums at the old place were all "poor, sensitive soul Kimmy", and I was just thinking about how much *less* drama and confrontation would have resulted if Kim had just settled things at the start instead of acting so damn precious and fluttery about it. The season of endless blah "have my back" blah blah.

• Love 10

I'm seriously glad that Max investigating his real parents will put that old chestnut that Ken is his dad to rest.  I think Ken and Lisa have an amazing relationship, and frankly, if Ken had a love child, I really don't doubt that he would be truthful with Lisa, and that Lisa would accept that child.

I think there are a few reasons we haven't seen much of Max up to now. 

Max didn't really want to be on the show.

He went away to college, dropped out (right, I'm fuzzy on this?)

He began using drugs, Lisa sent him someplace to get clean.  (again a bit fuzzy)

While there he decided he loved instruments or music, so Lisa and Ken supported that, and paid for him to study that. 

He got bored again, dropped that.

He came back, working at SUR or one of mom and dad's restaurants.

He started seeing an older waitress there, one that isn't on VPR (yet.)

My guess is that Max is going to show up on VPR, this is kind of an introduction/cross over to that show, or an audition.  More money for Max.

• Love 7

You're right stewedsquash, that was Kim's rationale, or a big part of it. But isn't that Kim basically positioning herself as Kyle's victim? Like, Kim would help, really she wants to, but then Kyle will obviously betray her, so Kim needs to look out for herself? It seems so incredibly passive aggressive now. I mean, Kim will inevitably be the bad guy if she helps her sister? Camille will make up with Kyle but hate on Kim for clearing up the misunderstanding? I don't know. The whole "my mean sister and her mean friends" vibe of Kim's excuse bothered me then and still bothers me now, I guess. Probably because I have a sister who was not above pulling similar crap. Sisters. Nothing like them for getting under your skin. And, now, other people's sisters by proxy! What about my pain!

Edited by Found A Peanut
  • Love 7

I've been thinking back on those events, too. Didn't Kim also do a talking head where she said that she heard it all, and Camille was misunderstanding Kyle? Then I think she explained not speaking up by talking about how confrontations were too hard for her or something. I just remember it seemed like a lot of folks in the forums at the old place were all "poor, sensitive soul Kimmy", and I was just thinking about how much *less* drama and confrontation would have resulted if Kim had just settled things at the start instead of acting so damn precious and fluttery about it. The season of endless blah "have my back" blah blah.

In last week's episode Brandi claimed whenever Kim excelled at something Kyle was jealous because Kim was a good actress and Kyle was not.  Crickets from Kim.  It has been two weeks if she had wanted to defend her sister-even another actor -she owed it to Kyle or any other actor  to say Brandi overstepped-those are her impressions not my feelings or words.  The usual my sister is and was a fine actress in her own right and we worked together on some projects.  Kim certainly corrected Brandi's assertion that the wedding planning was arduous -Kim came back with what an utter joy it was for her and not stressful.  So Kim has it in her to correct Brandi but only to those items that make her look better. 

Kim knows exactly what she is doing.  If she is sober now she would right the wrongs.  She has no desire to have a relationship with her sister on terms other than her own.  She knows Kyle and Kathy will always be there no matter how cruel, heartless, drunk or high she is.  Kyle knows Kim will never have her back and pretty much every season she is reminded of it. 

• Love 11

^^^Yes I am sure it is as you say. But at the time, I thought it was more of a sister thing and didn't place it on all the crap that Kim really does to people. It made sense at the time. I wish I could finish off my post with a wistful little quip like LisaV does in her blogs...

Well, you're not really wrong. The Richards sisters are their own, sad thing, aren't they?

Kim knows exactly what she is doing.  If she is sober now she would right the wrongs.

If Kim thought there were wrongs to right. Seems pretty clear that the Truth Cannon is basically Kim's megaphone, at least to me. Not that Brandi isn't putting her own, mean as a snake twist on things. I'm only wondering if Brandi really buys it herself. Cold calculation or Captain Save-A-Ho gone amuck? Brandi was so that chick in high school that got in the middle of everybody's fights to explain everybody's grievances and blow things sky high in the process.

• Love 5

I am predicting Brandi will address the issue in her blog as a way to go after Kyle.  She will find it offensive-even though her book agent is her gaygent.

On another site, I stated that I thought Brandi's "gaygent", and Tori Spelling's "guncles" were offensive terms.  I was told that Brandi's agent refers to himself this way, and Tori's friends embraced the term and use it themselves.  I don't know if it's true, but if Brandi's agent asked to be called this (why???) he's part of the problem.

We do not know if Eileen and the rest realize that Brandi was NFI or if they are just tired of getting dressed up, appearing for shooting and having it cut short because Brandi and Kim need to make a scene.  I must be living in an alternate universe because I don't know too many people who when they witnesses to aberrant behavior by friends or people in their social circle will comment and not necessarily to the offender's face or even out of earshot. 

Ok, I give.  What does NFI mean?

On another site, I stated that I thought Brandi's "gaygent", and Tori Spelling's "guncles" were offensive terms.  I was told that Brandi's agent refers to himself this way, and Tori's friends embraced the term and use it themselves.  I don't know if it's true, but if Brandi's agent asked to be called this (why???) he's part of the problem.

Ok, I give.  What does NFI mean?

It is from the short lived Real Housewives of Washington D.C. one of the women said to the White House crasher, you were, NFI- not f*&king invited.

• Love 4

Here is my measure of calling someone guncle or gagent or my gay-I don't really care if your gay friend doesn't care or encourages it, I  care and these people cannot speak for every gay person in the world.  What is someone wanted to be called the gay slur "f" word, (in addition to Joe Giudice's gay friends) or an African American a n-word or other slur (like Brandi claims her friend's don't mind)-it doesn't make it okay.    Tamra Barney got in trouble for referring to her husband's inner &*)*)* and in subsequent airings it was bleeped.  It doesn't mater he calls he "cracker" and she calls him a "(**(&(-it is offensive.

• Love 7

I'm seriously glad that Max investigating his real parents will put that old chestnut that Ken is his dad to rest.  I think Ken and Lisa have an amazing relationship, and frankly, if Ken had a love child, I really don't doubt that he would be truthful with Lisa, and that Lisa would accept that child.

He began using drugs, Lisa sent him someplace to get clean.  (again a bit fuzzy)

While there he decided he loved instruments or music, so Lisa and Ken supported that, and paid for him to study that. 

My guess is that Max is going to show up on VPR, this is kind of an introduction/cross over to that show, or an audition.  More money for Max.

That rumor has been floating since season one but I knew it was bs as soon as Lisa said she adopted Max from foster care. No way would Ken allow his child to languish in foster care. Or take the risk of him being adopted by someone else.

As for Kim and the Camille debacle Kims exact words were "I get nervous" when asked why she didn't take up for Kyle. Don't ask me why I have retained that but I have. I was one of those saps who was on the Kim is a delicate flower train. I was also the one who posted earlier in the season that I was so glad that Kim was taking care of Monty because after so many years of screwing up it would be great for her to be a hero once in awhile.

I clearly shouldn't be allowed out of my house because I have horrible judgement and its a mircle I haven't gotten myself killed by now.

• Love 7

That rumor has been floating since season one but I knew it was bs as soon as Lisa said she adopted Max from foster care. No way would Ken allow his child to languish in foster care. Or take the risk of him being adopted by someone else.

As for Kim and the Camille debacle Kims exact words were "I get nervous" when asked why she didn't take up for Kyle. Don't ask me why I have retained that but I have. I was one of those saps who was on the Kim is a delicate flower train. I was also the one who posted earlier in the season that I was so glad that Kim was taking care of Monty because after so many years of screwing up it would be great for her to be a hero once in awhile.

I clearly shouldn't be allowed out of my house because I have horrible judgement and its a mircle I haven't gotten myself killed by now.

Don't feel too bad.  I was pulling for Kim at first, too, having grown up watching her on TV and wondering what ever happened to her.

See?  I was such an idiot I didn't have a fucking CLUE she and Kyle were Paris Hilton's aunts until this show started.  

TWOP opened up a whole new world of celebrity gossip for me.  

• Love 3

Max having a major drug issue and/or going to rehab is speculation. Lisa said something to the effect that while Max has put her and Ken through the ringer, relatively speaking their problem child issues have not been that bad.

Per Lisa Max was sent away to live with his godmother, my guess is that it was for his senior year and all or part of his junior year of high school. He had an interest in music and on a trip home he visited an LA music school with his parents.  During season 2 Lisa said on the show and/or her blog that Max worked for Mohammed, but apparently at some point he did attend music school, dropped out and started working at SUR. I am not a regular watcher of Vanderpump Rules but in season 2 (I think) he was seen in the background having a smoke wearing what seemed to be kitchen help garb.

If he has not already shown up on Vanderpump Rules he may appear in the upcoming episode. I had Bravo on caught the tail end of a scene that looked like Lisa, Max and maybe Ken and thought it was the RHoBH First Look but the next scene was with Vanderpump Rules people.

• Love 1

Oh, please don't feel bad. We all have soft spots, right? Here's a true confession that might cheer you up (and/or horrify you): I have persistent impulses to like and root for Brandi. Which is weird because I was suspicious of her from jump, and she crossed into the dead zone for me when she hurt Adrienne's children. But but but... there are moments. After she threw the wine in Eileen's face, there was this painfully awkward, "what do I do? Oh no, I might cry." look on her face, and I actually felt bad for her. I think she so badly wants to be liked, and be part of the gang, but is just socially dysfunctional somehow. And, once she screws up, she goes into defiant, vengeful teenager mode and tries to burn the house down.

There, Brandi apologia. How low can you go, right? Now, excuse me, I have an urgent email to answer from my friend the Nigerian prince.

• Love 9

Oh, please don't feel bad. We all have soft spots, right? Here's a true confession that might cheer you up (and/or horrify you): I have persistent impulses to like and root for Brandi. Which is weird because I was suspicious of her from jump, and she crossed into the dead zone for me when she hurt Adrienne's children. But but but... there are moments. After she threw the wine in Eileen's face, there was this painfully awkward, "what do I do? Oh no, I might cry." look on her face, and I actually felt bad for her. I think she so badly wants to be liked, and be part of the gang, but is just socially dysfunctional somehow. And, once she screws up, she goes into defiant, vengeful teenager mode and tries to burn the house down.

There, Brandi apologia. How low can you go, right? Now, excuse me, I have an urgent email to answer from my friend the Nigerian prince.

Brandi is like a bull in the china shop.....she wants to look around at all the beautiful items, buy something but as soon as she moves, everything gets broken. She sees these wealthy, connected women and so wants to be their friend but as soon as she opens her mouth, all hell breaks loose because, first and fore most, Brandi wants what they have and resents them because she doesn't.

• Love 8

Sometimes, despite myself, I feel sorry for the bull who just wants to look at the pretty things and aspires to maybe even have a pretty thing. Not to be.

Don't get me wrong, Brandi is her own worst enemy and is squandering opportunities that other women will work long and hard without ever getting close to. And she really is vicious, even gleefully so. But there is a real cruelty happening on the part of the show producers, too. This carefully chosen assortment of damaged people - Brandi is a tool, they all are, bring in the ratings and no one in charge is going to put a stop to anything. Brandi's lashing out and desperation, the decline of Kim Richards, all grist for the mill. The people running this show are more vicious and calculating than any Housewife has ever dreamed of being.

• Love 5

Sometimes, despite myself, I feel sorry for the bull who just wants to look at the pretty things and aspires to maybe even have a pretty thing. Not to be.

Don't get me wrong, Brandi is her own worst enemy and is squandering opportunities that other women will work long and hard without ever getting close to. And she really is vicious, even gleefully so. But there is a real cruelty happening on the part of the show producers, too. This carefully chosen assortment of damaged people - Brandi is a tool, they all are, bring in the ratings and no one in charge is going to put a stop to anything. Brandi's lashing out and desperation, the decline of Kim Richards, all grist for the mill. The people running this show are more vicious and calculating than any Housewife has ever dreamed of being.

I agree about Brandi and Kim being damaged. You would think that the producers/Bravo /NBCU would be concerned about another cast member death on this show, there is always that possibility with Kim because she is not clean/sober, as we saw, she is still using. There is no way that the producers don't realize that while filming her and to me, that it is reckless to keep her under the stress filming this show seems to bring her, especially in addition to the other stressors in her life.  

Brandi's jealously blinds her to many/most opportunities IMO. She gets angry at what she does not have and then lashes out, ruining any real help from the other HWs in getting business contacts to further her professional life. I am not sure that she has enough of anything that audiences would want when she is no longer on this show, vulgarity and dirty jokes only go so far when you lack comedic ability. JMO

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4

You didn't miss much. The highlight (except for what I've already mentioned) was an argument between Brandi and Kyle that went basically like: "That's the type of girl you are." "Yes, I am." "Yes you are." "Yes I am." "Your truths are always wrong." "No they're not." "Yes they are." "No they're not." "Yes they are, Brandi."

It was like watching Clarence Darrow and William Jennings Bryan after they'd both had massive strokes.

I always miss first looks. Thanks for the visual and the dialogue!

• Love 5

Here's a true confession that might cheer you up (and/or horrify you): I have persistent impulses to like and root for Brandi.

This was me for a long time. A looooong time. Even in the clusterfuck of last season, I was kinda/sorta pulling for Brandi to pull it together by the end just because I did feel Lisa was disingenuous and I wanted to see Brandi come out on top in that particular argument. Every time Brandi would do/say something ridiculous, I'd cringe and quietly think, "Maybe somehow the Brandi from Season 2 will re-emerge and show some accountability and save herself from this mess in the nick of time?"

But this season has finally killed it for me. No more sympathy for her. She is her own worst enemy. Self-victimizing, hypocritical, delusional, in the wrong at every turn. As much as I hate to see Eddie/Leann "win," Brandi needs to get off this show.

• Love 8

As much as I hate to see Eddie/Leann "win," Brandi needs to get off this show.

Right now, they win if she stays on the show. She is becoming more and more disliked and more and more viewers are rooting for Eddie/Leann. She is cutting her nose to spite her face at this point.

• Love 5

I wonder if she were allowed to film with her kids (like the others) and doing mom things if she'd be more liked?

Maybe, but she really needs to lay off the booze while filming.  She's doing well on CA with no booze.

• Love 1
I wonder if she were allowed to film with her kids (like the others) and doing mom things if she'd be more liked?

Didn't Brandi get a lot of flack for referring to one of her sons as a little asshole or something like that? I don't know, I'm not sure filming with her kids would be able to help her much at this point. 

• Love 3

I always miss first looks. Thanks for the visual and the dialogue!

You're welcome.  I'm like Scrubbing Bubbles:  We watch First Looks so you don't have to!

The really scary thing is that those two snatches (no double meaning intended) of dialogue are close to 100% verbatim.

• Love 4

Didn't Brandi get a lot of flack for referring to one of her sons as a little asshole or something like that? I don't know, I'm not sure filming with her kids would be able to help her much at this point. 

I agree.  Not only that, in spite of their mother, I still have a vision in my head of those angelic little faces still being nice little boys.  But I think if we see them, this would no longer be the case.  Brandi has said on twitter that they both have filthy mouths.  Big surprise there.

Kyle drops the f-bomb a lot, too.  I want to believe she doesn't do it around her kids, though.

• Love 2

Just because I think Brandi is a brat doesn't mean that Eddie and Leann are better. They are all three creepy brats. 

Her sons were on the first season she was on the show and she still drank like a fish but it was a little less than now. She still has her kids at home when she is filming, just not when they are filming at her house. She has tweeted pictures of herself cooking dinner for all of them with a glass of wine in her hand. I do not know if she can keep it under control when the kids are at home, maybe she just gets "tipsy" and stops there. Who knows?

I do think Leann is as scary/crazy as Brandi and that Eddie is a sleaze but many on FB are starting to side with them. IMO, Eddie like/prefers crazy/messed up women.

Maybe, but she really needs to lay off the booze while filming.  She's doing well on CA with no booze.

It was reported that TD had to have a talk with Brandi because of her drinking during CA filming. IMO, that is why we are seeing her have more "panic attacks" thus, more meds instead of alcohol but that is a guess on my part.

She has called them that and a bit worse as well as her ranting/swearing about Buddy (the dog she got after the one disappeared last season). I don't think she spares anyone her vulgar language. Alter all, this is the woman that said Eileen should get over her son hearing Brandi yell F--K in Eileen's home, according to Brandi, it is just another word! LOL 

• Love 3

The difference between Eddie and Brandi, Eddie didn't write a tell all book disparaging Brandi.  Brandi wrote one that is guarantee to shame many generations of Cibrians to come.  Having no common sense she continues to write them.  I get she was hurt but there will come a day when she does have to answer to her children and I don't think she has thought that through.  This is woman who when called on the carpet for using profanity with an 11 year old in the house proceeded to mock the host and say they are only words.

• Love 8

Now if Eileen had said it to Brandi we'd be all like, "Way to go Eileen!  She always knows exactly what to say! OMG she's brilliant. What an amazing quick wit!"

I don't think Eileen would have ever made the comment.  She and Lisa Rinna, perhaps because of their acting experience, are able to control themselves better than the others.   And if she had said it to Brandi, I would have thought the same thing - below the belt.   I am by no means a Brandi fan, but I thought Kenya was way out of line for bringing up that Brandi's husband left her for someone else on Celebrity Apprentice.

To me, there are some places you don't go, regardless of whether you're the self proclaimed "truth cannon" or don't happen to have a filter when you're in your forties.  I think it flew out of Brandi's mouth because she was losing the battle and she knew it would hurt Kyle.

• Love 5

I watched the link of Kyle, Brandi, and Kim, and every time I think I can't be blown away by Kim, I see something that says, "Mozelle, don't ever underestimate Kim." The way she started talking about how Kyle hurt her feelings  by what she said (and how she was disappointed in Kyle) had me doing the confused puppy head tilt. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I watched the link of Kyle, Brandi, and Kim, and every time I think I can't be blown away by Kim, I see something that says, "Mozelle, don't ever underestimate Kim." The way she started talking about how Kyle hurt her feelings  by what she said (and how she was disappointed in Kyle) had me doing the confused puppy head tilt. 

Just remember it is always all about Kim.  Where they eat, drink, vacation, play poker, have a party -it will always be subject to Kim's approval with a pass on anything Kim does that is outlandish or offensive.  It helps get one's head back up in the upright position.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 9

He actually wrote a post that is on her Facebook page saying he loves the name gaygent.  

Brandi actually brought her gay hairdresser friend to the Tops and Bottoms party, so she was neither a top or bottom.  Really Kyle claiming she was shocked Brandi was there uninvited is like Lisa V claiming she was shocked that Faye Resnick showed up to her party that year.  I don't even know if Kim really brought her as much as production insisted that Brandi go.  And even though I really don't like Kyle, I don't think it is like her to throw a Tops and Bottoms party.  But for her to agree to something so sexually themed, she can take a seat next time she wants to clutch her pearls over a vulgar comment.

I think Kyle and Brandi should just calm down and realize that their whole fight is really just nonsense and much ado about Kim.  The whole night has become a distraction from Kim's fall off the wagon into Kyle and Brandi being at each other's throats- funny how that has happened.

• Love 4

Personally, I liked what I saw of Lisa in the First Look regarding this topic. She rarely gets weepy, so to see her do this with regard to this topic pulled at my heart. 

I won't forget, however, that Lisa is by far the most media savvy of all these gals. She is also more than likely the smartest of the group.  The rumor about Max being Ken's son has persisted for quite a while. This was part of the big reveal that Cedric had planned for the Vanderpump/Todds. I think it has always bothered Lisa a little bit because it is a nugget that hangs out there about her family. She of the big statement "people with secrets shouldn't come on a Reality Show". Personally, I have never really believed it, but who knows. What I do think at this point is that it is being trotted out as a way for Lisa to dispute the allegations - without ever actually addressing them. We can find out that his parents are from someplace else, or have a different ethnic identity, etc. Whatever it is, the conclusion that will be drawn - although never overtly - is that Max is clearly not Ken's son.  One nasty rumor put to bed without having ever given it the dignity of outright addressing it. It is actually quite brilliant if you think about it. Lisa is good at this game, which is why no one will ever really be able to top her. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 9

He actually wrote a post that is on her Facebook page saying he loves the name gaygent.  

Brandi actually brought her gay hairdresser friend to the Tops and Bottoms party, so she was neither a top or bottom.  Really Kyle claiming she was shocked Brandi was there uninvited is like Lisa V claiming she was shocked that Faye Resnick showed up to her party that year.  I don't even know if Kim really brought her as much as production insisted that Brandi go.  And even though I really don't like Kyle, I don't think it is like her to throw a Tops and Bottoms party.  But for her to agree to something so sexually themed, she can take a seat next time she wants to clutch her pearls over a vulgar comment.

I think Kyle and Brandi should just calm down and realize that their whole fight is really just nonsense and much ado about Kim.  The whole night has become a distraction from Kim's fall off the wagon into Kyle and Brandi being at each other's throats- funny how that has happened.

I really don't care why Brandi decided to attend-I just didn't think it was appropriate to say to the Kyle she wanted to knock her teeth out.  I would think even in the better people as trash circles that is frowned upon.

You are being way too logical-if Kyle and Brandi ever took a look at the big picture and said, "wow we both have the same goal and need to coordinate our approach so Kim's welfare doesn't get lost in Kim trying to redirect attention from her slips."  Won't happen Brandi has now made caring for Kim the competition.  Kyle doesn't want Kim insulting her.  At some point I predict someone either Lisa R, Eileen or Yolanda will try and broker a truce between the sisters for the comfort of the rest of the cast.

• Love 3

Personally, I liked what I saw of Lisa in the First Look regarding this topic. She rarely gets weepy, so to see her do this with regard to this topic pulled at my heart. 

I won't forget, however, that Lisa is by far the most media savvy of all these gals. She is also more than likely the smartest of the group.  The rumor about Max being Ken's son has persisted for quite a while. This was part of the big reveal that Cedric had planned for the Vanderpump/Todds. I think it has always bothered Lisa a little bit because it is a nugget that hangs out there about her family. She of the big statement "people with secrets shouldn't come on a Reality Show". Personally, I have never really believed it, but who knows. What I do think at this point is that it is being trotted out as a way for Lisa to dispute the allegations - without ever actually addressing them. We can find out that his parents are from someplace else, or have a different ethnic identity, etc. Whatever it is, the conclusion that will be drawn - although never overtly - is that Max is clearly not Ken's son.  One nasty rumor put to bed without having ever given it the dignity of outright addressing it. It is actually quite brilliant if you think about it. Lisa is good at this game, which is why no one will ever really be able to top her. 

I think you may be giving Lisa entirely too much credit here. If she were so brilliant, would she constantly be taken in by dirt bags like Cedric and Brandi?  Would she go out of the house looking like a low-rent version of Alexis Carrington every day? Would she be on this show at all?

It seems to me that Lisa has had to take herself out of the mix to avoid Brandi and,  with the two interesting newbies, she wasn't bringing anything to the show anymore but big closets, bedazzled blouses and (mostly) tiny dogs. Lots of folks seem to like that, but, to me, she and Ken were becoming irrelevant....  Even here, on this site, I have been noticing that Lisa's comment thread was sinking further and further toward the bottom each week. 

So Max's adoption story was chosen and scripted by Lisa to be her story line.  I'm sure the RH sites will be awash with Lisa love for weeks-- this is her way to redeem herself after all of the ugliness of last season and grab some big piece of the spotlight.  Honestly, I don't think she is as smart as she is cynical.  She knows what will "sell." And I think she will sell just about anything to keep this gig going.

Maybe that is why Ken looks so offhand and detached in the segments so far.  He really is past all of the play acting-- yes, Max just happened to bring up his adoption and his desire to learn about his birth parents on camera and during one of the 3 or 4 times he has ever been on camera since this series began. Yeah, that's credible.

And maybe Umbelina is right-- this is a way to get Max camera time so eventually he can join the lowlifes on the other VP/T masterpiece and get some Bravo money for himself.  'Cause making a career out of reality television? -- that's Klassy.

Edited by BluishGreen
  • Love 4

Regarding Max's adoption story line:  

I'd be a little leery about the outcome for this unless they've already found the mother, father or both.  Many times, bio parents don't want to be found.  It's why so many object to open adoption records.  

I hope this isn't the case for Max because, as others have stated, he has a right to know, but not to the point of invading the privacy of people who don't want to be found.

• Love 3

I think you may be giving Lisa entirely too much credit here. If she were so brilliant, would she constantly be taken in by dirt bags like Cedric and Brandi?  Would she go out of the house looking like a low-rent version of Alexis Carrington every day? Would she be on this show at all?

It seems to me that Lisa has had to take herself out of the mix to avoid Brandi and,  with the two interesting newbies, she wasn't bringing anything to the show anymore but big closets, bedazzled blouses and (mostly) tiny dogs. Lots of folks seem to like that, but, to me, she and Ken were becoming irrelevant....  Even here, on this site, I have been noticing that Lisa's comment thread was sinking further and further toward the bottom each week. 

So Max's adoption story was chosen and scripted by Lisa to be her story line.  I'm sure the RH sites will be awash with Lisa love for weeks-- this is her way to redeem herself after all of the ugliness of last season and grab some big piece of the spotlight.  Honestly, I don't think she is as smart as she is cynical.  She knows what will "sell." And I think she will sell just about anything to keep this gig going.

Maybe that is why Ken looks so offhand and detached in the segments so far.  He really is past all of the play acting-- yes, Max just happened to bring up his adoption and his desire to learn about his birth parents on camera and during one of the 3 or 4 times he has ever been on camera since this series began. Yeah, that's credible.

And maybe Umbelina is right-- this is a way to get Max camera time so eventually he can join the lowlifes on the other VP/T masterpiece and get some Bravo money for himself.  'Cause making a career out of reality television? -- that's Klassy.

It is Max's decision to share HIS story on the show for whatever reasons HE chooses. If it is to get a spot on VPR, then that is his decision and he will live with the consequences, not any of us, Thank Heavens. It is just as possible that Bravo asked Lisa/Ken/Max to talk about adoption because there have been rumors for years and it has never been addressed on the show, adoption would be a new topic/storyline across the entire HW franchise. Hopefully the producers handle this with more care than they normally do, I suspect they will.

I'd be a little leery about the outcome for this unless they've already found the mother, father or both.  Many times, bio parents don't want to be found.  It's why so many object to open adoption records.  

I hope this isn't the case for Max because, as others have stated, he has a right to know, but not to the point of invading the privacy of people who don't want to be found.

Something tells me that Max already knows all the pertinent info about his adoption and I highly doubt that we will learn the names of his biological parents without their expressed/written permission first.

• Love 7

Max has been popping up more and more on Vanderpump Rules.  In spite of the reputation that seems to describe him on RHOBH he really is kind of a sweet guy, who is kindly to a music buddy who dates the crazy woman on VD Rules.  The family business these days seems to be restaurants and reality TV so maybe he is just following in his father's footsteps.  Pandora changed or added to her name Vanderpump.  Unusual for a woman to get married and add her mother's maiden name to hers. 

I will say I admire Max and I hope this is a reenactment of Max getting the details on his birth parents. 

Klassy as a Kardashian reality TV.

• Love 2

It is Max's decision to share HIS story on the show for whatever reasons HE chooses. If it is to get a spot on VPR, then that is his decision and he will live with the consequences, not any of us, Thank Heavens. It is just as possible that Bravo asked Lisa/Ken/Max to talk about adoption because there have been rumors for years and it has never been addressed on the show, adoption would be a new topic/storyline across the entire HW franchise. Hopefully the producers handle this with more care than they normally do, I suspect they will.

Something tells me that Max already knows all the pertinent info about his adoption and I highly doubt that we will learn the names of his biological parents without their expressed/written permission first.

Again, I have to disagree.  Lisa is the "star" of this show, not Max, and the story will be almost entirely about Lisa and how she deals with it. Just like the kids going away to college wasn't really about Alexia or Gigi-- it was about the parents and how they reacted. And the weddings weren't about the young people who were getting married-- those segments weren't presented from Pandora's or Kim's daughter's perspective, but rather from the perspective of their mothers and families. But those events were real-- the kids actually went to college and did get married as shown.  I just don't believe the issues about Max's adoption came up now,  on camera, as we are supposed to believe. 

But, for the sake of argument,  let's assume the trolls in Productions came to Lisa and said-- "Hey, how about that kid of yours that we've barely ever seen on this show --what's his name?  Matt? OK, Max. How about if we make up a story that he is searching for his birth parents and they we can make that your story for the season? We can have him bring it up 'for the first time' right on camera-- what a tearjerker!"  So, Max goes along with it to make a buck. And Lisa goes along with it because it gets her the spotlight.   Still seems contrived and cynical to me. 

Max has been popping up more and more on Vanderpump Rules.  In spite of the reputation that seems to describe him on RHOBH he really is kind of a sweet guy, who is kindly to a music buddy who dates the crazy woman on VD Rules.  The family business these days seems to be restaurants and reality TV so maybe he is just following in his father's footsteps.  Pandora changed or added to her name Vanderpump.  Unusual for a woman to get married and add her mother's maiden name to hers. 

I will say I admire Max and I hope this is a reenactment of Max getting the details on his birth parents. 

Klassy as a Kardashian reality TV.

Hey, I thought we were supposed to know that Max was some lazy slacker living off his family's wealth-- that seemed to be the consensus here, IIRC. I  haven't seen enough of him to have formed any opinion.

Edited by BluishGreen
  • Love 2

Again, I have to disagree.  Lisa is the "star" of this show, not Max, and the story will be almost entirely about Lisa and how she deals with it. Just like the kids going away to college wasn't really about Alexia or Gigi-- it was about the parents and how they reacted. And the weddings weren't about the young people who were getting married-- those segments weren't presented from Pandora's or Kim's daughter's perspective, but rather from the perspective of their mothers and families. But those events were real-- the kids actually went to college and did get married as shown.  I just don't believe the issues about Max's adoption came up now,  on camera, as we are supposed to believe. 

But, for the sake of argument,  let's assume the trolls in Productions came to Lisa and said-- "Hey, how about that kid of yours that we've barely ever seen on this show --what's his name?  Matt? OK, Max. How about if we make up a story that he is searching for his birth parents and they we can make that your story for the season? We can have him bring it up 'for the first time' right on camera-- what a tearjerker!"  So, Max goes along with it to make a buck. And Lisa goes along with it because it gets her the spotlight.   Still seems contrived and cynical to me. 

Hey, I thought we were supposed to know that Max was some lazy slacker living off his family's wealth-- that seemed to be the consensus here, IIRC. I  haven't seen enough of him to have formed any opinion.

Honestly, almost everything is contrived on these shows! Not just on Lisa's part but on Kyle's, Yolanda's Kim's, Lisa R's, Eileen and even Brandi! LOL

I did not get the idea that Max was a slacker or living off his parents. His last scene was more about a son finding his way as an adult and teasing/deviling his parents while doing it.

Pandora added Vanderpump after she got married? That is odd IMO.

Name recognition for business I would guess. It is odd though. LOL  

• Love 4

and he was adopted from foster care so that can add another layer to the situation.

• Love 3

Lisa"s storyline with Max could prove interesting. It's amazing what they are able to find out through DNA testing, from health information to ancestry or ethnic heritage. Unfortunately that latent unambitious gene continues to elude scientists.

• Love 3

You in danger, girl.

For real. Is there a twelve step for this? I feel the need to give it up to a higher power.

Did you notice how Kyle immediately spun around into pleading with her to be told why Kim was disappointed? And I thought Kyle sounded almost teary. They've done that dance a thousand times at least and their mother danced it with them first. I really think that was Big Kathy we were hearing.

• Love 5

Well, before this upcoming episode with Max searching for his birth parents is shown, I will point out the following:  As a viewing audience, we have barely seen Max -- maybe half a dozen times over 4 seasons? He has been less-seen than any of the children who have been seen at all on this show.

So, now, out of the blue, without warning, Max just happens to be present and just happens to be filmed while he raises these issues about his birth parents with Lisa-- who of course will demonstrate, on camera, what a perfect and loving parent she is, as she wipes away a perfect little tear with a perfect pink hanky?

In all the watching of this show and the other HW shows, this may be the most consciously contrived storyline and deliberate pandering to the audience I have ever seen.  I have no doubt whatsoever that Lisa scripted this story for the camera  this season to burnish her image after the Dream Team gang ups, the manipulations and character assassinations of others last season. And I am not saying the struggles of adoptive parents and children are not real or are not worthy of attention, compassion and discussion. I am saying THIS exposition of it by Lisa is quite calculated to garner attention for herself (screen time?) and put a halo over her own head.

I will definitely be fast-forwarding through this BS.

HaHaHa LisaV doesn't have a HW she calls every morning to manipulate and make chess moves with :D.  So she has to get her family (Max looking for his birth family) involved with her story arc.  Pure desperation...how the mighty have fallen IMO. ;) Though she does keep her reputation intact this way...especially during the upcoming Reunion Show.

• Love 1