Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Drama Queens

• Start Topic

Kyle did NOT give a real apology.

It was a "sorry I 'touched' you" but you shouldn't have done this, or this, or that, or by the way, that either, or that or that."  Her friends TRIED to calm her down.  She wanted to fight.  So she did.

I agree it wasn't a "real" apology, but it was probably the best that Brandi was going to get after her reprehensible behavior....and even if Kyle's wasn't "real", Brandi could have returned with the same type of apology. 

It is very rare in the bizarro world of the Real Housewives for anyone to give a true, sincere apology, imo.

• Love 13

Watching both Ken and Lisa wipe away tears, and seeing the fears in their faces, was heart-tugging for me. I dated a man who had adopted brothers when they were very little. Both sons expressed an interest in knowing their birth parents and he was so worried and scared they'd want to be with them, and not him.

Thanks for this! As an adoptive parent, I can tell you, it's a minefield. You don't want your child to experience rejection. The younger ones often fantasize their birth parents as superhuman, someone rich, famous, a prince, whatever. If you know anything about the birth parents, as a former foster parent like Lisa, you are likely to be privy to information that lets you know communication is not necessarily in the best interest of the child. The child's desires about wanting to know about their birth parents and how they feel about their birth parents fluctuates. It's something one can't prepare for, because, just when you think the interest has waned, questions come out of the blue, and it's often one of those circular types of things that come and go in cycles, without any real resolution. It would be nice if one could be certain that if they meet, the experience will be positive for the child, the birth parent(s) welcome the contact, etc., they are reasonable about boundaries, and everyone can co-exist in harmony. The most important being, of course, that the child not experience rejection, because they already feel that in spades, but there is no way of predicting this, so you are behind the 8-ball from the get go.

• Love 11

Kim's chances of getting clean and sober are about nil. She has too many people covering for her hence she will never be allowed to hit bottom until she dies. Obviously Kim had none of those maladies at the poker party but having admitted taking pain pills that night, she and Brovo concocted all this " illnesses" crap as a cover. I think she was in the hospital for detox. MOO Kyle is "addicted" to Kim and her addiction and is just as sick or even sicker than Kim. The alcoholic gets to medicate themselves for what ever emotional pain (perceived or real) they are having and everyone else as to deal with it in what ever way they can be that good or bad. Kim has chosen Brandy as a friend because she is the only one that isn't giving her shit about her addiction.

• Love 13

Watching both Ken and Lisa wipe away tears, and seeing the fears in their faces, was heart-tugging for me. I dated a man who had adopted brothers when they were very little. Both sons expressed an interest in knowing their birth parents and he was so worried and scared they'd want to be with them, and not him.

The fear goes both ways.  When you're the adoptee, you fear your biological family won't want to meet you, or meets you and finds you lacking.  Even worse, the fear that you meet your bio parents, and don't like who/what they are.

Ramona and Sonja have been doing this for ages and he has never said a word to them either. If he calls out the BH cast, he should do the same to all the HWs that do it no matter what show, not just a few on BH. JMO

And stupid Sonja brags about how much work she does in the LGBT community, but is unable to explain what LGBT means.

I loved Kyle climbing up on her counters like a monkey, while River, the German Shepherd, hovers nearby.

I find that Lisa's wit is usually aimed at someone else.  It was nice that she made a joke that George Clooney would need his humor if he saw her naked.

• Love 9

Brandi didn't get a chance to add an apology, because Kyle didn't even take a breath before turning her fake apology into accusations sprinkled with the F bomb and fake tears. 

Actually, I think that happened after Kyle actually said she was sorry a couple of times...Brandi at one point also said "I accept your apology".  She could have, at that point, apologized for her own behavior.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

• Love 12

As far as the adoption saga, I was adopted as an infant and my parents had little to no information about my birth mother. The only time it ever occurred to me to track her down was when I was pregnant and would have loved to have my medical history. I would have also wanted her to know what a wonderful and unselfish thing she did. I realized the day my first child was born what agony she must have gone thru to put me up for adoption.

• Love 21

Kyle did NOT give a real apology.

It was a "sorry I 'touched' you" but you shouldn't have done this, or this, or that, or by the way, that either, or that or that."  Her friends TRIED to calm her down.  She wanted to fight.  So she did.

At least she tried.  She didn't owe Brandi anything.  And that's what Brandi doesn't get.  Brandi was the aggressor.   Body blocking someone is intimidation.  It is physical harassment.  It is a form of assault.  It is Brandi who owed Kyle an apology and Kyle shouldn't have said anything except to say get the hell out of here.

• Love 21

I  thought it was interesting that Lisa didn't want to tell Max his 'real' last name.  Interesting in the fact that Lisa doesn't use Ken's last name.  She uses her maiden name - at least that's what I'm assuming.  And it's not because she's been 'known' by this name because she had a few acting stints.  The bottom line is that Lisa thinks it's important enough to use 'her' name instead of Ken's, why doesn't she get that it's important to Max to know his true last name? 

• Love 5

Yolonda's flown off to Italy to hobnob with her King and other celebrities. Meanwhile, her sick mother lies alone at home.....

Yes, she's so busy convincing us how wonderful she is as a wife and mother that she totally doesn't notice how she's outed herself as a not-so-great-daughter.

I guess being Mrs. David Foster and mother to two models (including The Icon of Her Generation) is much more fun & glamorous than spending time with her own very ill mother.  So poor old Mom gets left in the dust.

And I have to laugh when she refers to how hard it is for Kim to be "nursing Monty".  As if she has any idea what nursing a sick person actually entails.  Or, for that matter, just being in the same room with them.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 6

Did anyone else notice - if you had on captioning - that during the fight/flashbacks, there was a moment when they show the poker table and Kim goes after LisaR saying"You're stupid" and Lisa's reply "don't start me with - don't" is captioned as (Taylor)?

• Love 2

I transcribed what I could catch, Bravo doesn't allow rewind.  The link is below.  This clip cuts off before all of the F bombs, although after a brief clip of LisaR talking about her friendship with the morally corrupt Faye Resnick, the rest of the fight continues, but I don't feel like transcribing that one too.  Lot's of F bombs.  From Kyle.  Kyle then attacks Kim as well as Brandi.

KYLE:
I want to of course apologize to you..
BRANDI
Should we do this in front of everyone?
KYLE:
I apologize for pushing your arm down but I do think you should know better than to come between two sisters like that when you don't know any history about us.  (no breaths taken in that sentence, or pauses)
(talking head Brandi)
BRANDI
I know a lot of history about you and
KYLE (interrupting)
No you don't Brandi, no you don't
BRANDI
I accept your apology but I do.
KYLE
No you don't
You know, you've been friends for 6 months
BRANDI
OK
KYLE
and you can not know the history between us, and you should know better than that, you shouldn't come between two sisters like that
BRANDI
It was no my intention and I accept your apology. You shoujld never touch anyone and yes that's 100% correct
KYLE (interrupting)
I did push your arm down but you also were very aggressive with me so don't even I mean
BRANDI
Well, once you touched me then I
KYLE (interrupting again)
I wasn't being aggressive I was pushing your arm down to get to my sister.  YOU were aggressive.
BRANDI
I was trying to diffuse the situation
KYLE (talking over her)
There was nothing to diffuse, I wanted to talk to my sister.  You're not my family.
BRANDI
No I'm not.
(KYLE talking head)
KYLE
You don't know our history
BRANDI
I know enough of it to know that lately
KYLE
No
BRANDI
Yes
KYLE
No you don't
BRANDI
Yes, I've called and I've talked to Kim, and I've called you late at night and (didn't catch it, basically Kyle didn't care.
KYLE
You hear that Kim?
(Kyle talking head.)
You care to elaborate on that?

At this point Kim doesn't want them to get into it all and I'm tired of transcribing, but basically Kim is implying Kyle wants Kim's issues outed for the show.

(Kim talking head about it being private, why would Kyle want that out there for Bravo.)

Kim asks Kyle why she would want Brandi to talk about private matters now.  Kyle deflects, stupid stuff.

(Brandi talking head.)

KYLE
Are you out of your fucking mind?  You have balls to walk in here, uninvited, and  talk to me like that.
BRANDI
Excuse me, you invited me

(discussing about the invitation and Bravo scene of Kyle inviting Brandi)

More nonsense that you can watch for yourself Here: http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/videos/playlist?clip=2844139

KIM to Kyle
You just walked over here to cause trouble.
KYLE
I walked over here to apologize and to tell her not to get between two sisters.

• Love 4

I  thought it was interesting that Lisa didn't want to tell Max his 'real' last name.  Interesting in the fact that Lisa doesn't use Ken's last name.  She uses her maiden name - at least that's what I'm assuming.  And it's not because she's been 'known' by this name because she had a few acting stints.  The bottom line is that Lisa thinks it's important enough to use 'her' name instead of Ken's, why doesn't she get that it's important to Max to know his true last name? 

I'm not comfortable with calling Max's birth name "real" or "true".  To me, that's like calling his biological parents his real or true parents.  I'm sure that's not what you're saying, it's just how it strikes me.

I'm sure it's just the power of suggestion, but Max looks more and more like Ken to me.

• Love 10

If he was in Foster care, and obviously, since LIsa knew his mother's last name, there could have been all kinds of issues to land a kid there.  Drugs, crime, abuse, I hope it was simple poverty, or "failure to bond" but I don't blame Lisa a bit for being wary of this.  She's letting him do it, that's enough.  I hope it's not too disruptive for him.

• Love 9

There are legal issues with Lisa, Ken or Max saying his biological parents name on camera, this show is seen in England so that must be taken into consideration. I would not trust the producers/Bravo to edit that out so best to keep your mouth shut when on camera about things like that! 

I do think she kept her maiden name because she still had hopes of acting again. All of the women use their maiden names, none use their husbands last name, not even Kyle.

• Love 11

What a waste of an episode! I thought my DVR was airing a rerun. Ten minutes of Yolanda packing, ten minutes of Lisa playing keepaway with her son's birth certificate and thirty minutes of flashbacks to preface the half of a badly edited fight.

I like Kyle, I know she's a shit stirrer and kind of dumb but I know I've done a lot of the same shit in my life. At least there weren't cameras around to catch it. Plus she's got the most adorable little girl and I would watch the show even if it was just three minutes of Portia throwing shade and being sassy. But Kyle was such an idiot this episode and she looked like a dwarf next to the 40 foot woman. She absolutely stooped to Brandi's level and it made them both look like raging idiots. I've heard more interesting fights outside my bedroom window at three in the morning.

First things right off the bat--what is this 'my gays' shit?  Maybe back off on that shit a little, Kyle?  Gay men are not your pets, FFS.

The "gays" thing is old hat. Didn't even blink because I hear it all the time.

What I don't understand is why are "their gays" more than happy to prance around like little puppies on leashes? I cringe when the women say it but then I think both sides are wrong for keeping it going.

WWHL just had a montage of Kyle and Lisa R talking about "their gays" that ended with Andy saying as the Boss Gay (LOL) he wanted them to stop referring to gays as possessions. Lance Bass chimed in afterwards and shaded the fuck out of Kyle's party. I've got to say between this and VR I'm really happy with my Monday and Tuesday nights.

I'm so over woman saying 'my gays' or 'GBF' like having gay friends is some sort of status symbol. I was more offended by the tops and bottoms invite though, than 'my gays.' But more than that, I wish gay men would stop embracing it. I've literally had dozens of gay men offer to be my GBF like they have stockholm syndrome or something. It's insane and weird and even Andy Cohen doesn't get a pass because he's writing the damn show. The gay singles party was probably his idea to begin with. I have friends because they are fun and we get along. I'm not trying to fill a diversity quote here, I just need people to drag me to brunch so I don't sleep through my Sundays.

Edited by rho
  • Love 7
Kim was not in the hospital to have anything done (procedure), but was there because she fractured a rib, developed a hiatal hernia and a ruptured disc. If she had the hernia fixed she would not be walking in heels at the party tonight.

Wait a minute now.  She really wants us to believe she suffered from all three of those?  Each one is painful as hell & requires weeks, maybe months to heal -- and yet she seems perfectly fine -- other than being her usual wasted self & wailing out one hoarse cough.  More fuckin' bullshit being thrown at us, eh?  Just like she kept laughably insisting she took ONE(?) of Monty's "pain pills"?  Sure it wasn't a full bottle full of those pain pills, Kim?  Ugh, she's vile.  But Kyle didn't handle herself so great.  There are no winners among Kyle, Brandi or Kim in this ep.  They all sucked.

Oh, and Brandi dares to say one of Yo's girls is an alcoholic?  I think Yo could cut a bitch for her saying that.

Let's see if that little ditty -- throwing out in such a scuzzy, not-so-indirect way that her 18 year old daughter is an alcoholic -- will finally wake Yo the fuck up to finally stop making ridiculous excuses for her shit behavior.

• Love 12

" We are FAMILY!"

"You NEVER get in between sisters!"

(sic)

"Family! Secret Shared Histories! Monolithic Unit Against the World!  Not Weird At All!  Totally Over Mom! No Take backs!"

Dear God.  This is when I have to give the addiction model props because, dude, these ladies are textbook.  

Family - the best drug of all!

• Love 9

The loud, dramatic fights are the most talked-about scenes, but I often think the quiet scenes are more revealing. Case in point: I thought Brandi's comments to Kim about Kyle on the ride over to the party ("Who do you love more - me or Kyle? Kidding!" "I'm not hugging that bitch"), or at home, post-Kim's hospital stay ("I was trying to protect you from your sister...You're better off with me than with her," "Where was Kyle all those nights when you were having trauma?") - this is the real Brandi. Trying to sabotage a sisters' relationship. Poisoning one against the other. That's her true character. To me, those things are much worse than drunken antics.

The same is true for Kim. She should never let a friend throw those kinds of blows towards a sister. Watch her face when Brandi criticizes Kyle for saying "that's just Kim" in regard to the infamous 2 AM phone call. She just loves it. She loves being catered to, and she loves Kyle getting knocked down. She's a mean, messed-up girl.

The sabotage of the sisters' relationship is gut wrenching to me. I don't even have a sister and my brother and I never had any sort of drama like this, so it's not that it's a reflection of anything personal in my life, it's just that it is so reprehensible that I can hardly stand to watch such absolute treachery. It's not just Kyle she is hurting, it is her supposed friend Kim as well. She is trying to cement Kim's dependency on her by convincing Kim there is no one else "there" for her, and Kim is eating it up. Then again, Kim does seem to relish being the center of attention at Kyle's expense, so I think I'll take back my comment that Kim is being hurt by this. But not for lack of trying by Brandi.

I've never been a real Kyle fan. In the first season, I detested her as it seemed she deliberately outed Kim in a cruel way. Over the following seasons I have come to see her in a more neutral light. Often she makes me laugh and often it seems she might actually be a good friend. There is no doubt that she loves her family. I've come to understand what she's been through with Kim and see her point of view more clearly. Brandi's utter ruthlessness and Kim's indifference have really placed me in Kyle's corner this season.

Following the nasty shot at Kyle regarding Mauricio tonight, I'm glad they replayed the incident at Carlton's where Brandi was gunning for Kyle about the Mauricio rumors. I can't believe I forgot that. I suppose the Magazinegate lies were Brandi's way of deflecting away from her own nastiness. I'm wondering if she had put a bug in Kyle's ear before Lisa made the joke about the tabloids probably referring to Mauricio hanging out with his daughter as hanging around with "younger women." Since that's the way the tabloids often operate, I thought the joke was right in the ball park and didn't understand Kyle's strong reaction. That's the kind of joking my friends and I would do amongst ourselves to dismiss anyone who told lies against one of us - show them up to be people who would stoop to anything and shouldn't be believed. But if Brandi had been in Kyle's ear about these rumors, it makes sense that Kyle would be so oversensitive.

Interesting that Brandi is blaming the editors for her poor showing tonight. Problem is, the editor didn't make you threaten to knock out Kyle's teeth, or misquote your other threat against Kyle, or put those other words in your mouth.

• Love 13

I'm so over woman saying 'my gays' or 'GBF' like having gay friends is some sort of status symbol. I was more offended by the tops and bottoms invite though, than 'my gays.' But more than that, I wish gay men would stop embracing it. I've literally had dozens of gay men offer to be my GBF like they have stockholm syndrome or something. It's insane and weird and even Andy Cohen doesn't get a pass either. I have friends because they are fun and we get along. I'm not trying to fill a diversity quote here, I just need people to drag me to brunch so I don't sleep through my Sundays.

Seriously.  This shit is tired.  We get it.   Sex and The City has been off the air for like a hundred years.

This isn't emancipatory; it's actually really fucked up.  Can you imagine saying "My (x)'s" or "an (x) themed party" referring to any other group?  

The weird thing about keeping gays dudes as pets is that it really is a disservice to all involved.  It's shitty for the entire LGBT community and, IMO, completely and TOTALLY misogynistic.  It's a weird self-infantilizing move on the part of bored and stupid grown women who treat human beings like dolls they dress up and take out (and you can include the Lisa V dog obsession in this rant).    Pull the string on the doll and she makes catty remarks or kisses your ass.  All tapes included.

Disgusting.

Edited by runforcover
  • Love 8

As much as I dislike Kyle & think she's just about the biggest phony baloney around, I can't stand watching Brandi get between her & Kim.  And as much as Brandi keeps ranting how awful Kyle has been as a sister, Kyle could say just exactly how much she's done for Kim, but she does hold back.  On one hand, Brandi has a few points about Kyle that could very well be true.  Kyle does seem to be holding Kim up for the cams & putting her in the worst possible light.  Does Kyle keep going in to provoke Kim when she knows Kim's out of it?  Is she trying to make Kim look awful -- or is it part of her effort to get in a good fight so they can both get some camera time & provide more drama for the show?  I don't know, but I don't trust Kyle or her motives when it concerns camera time for the show.

I will never trust Kyle since she outed Kim as an alcoholic at the end of season 1.  But that doesn't mean I don't think Kyle has done a ton to help Kim.  She has.  And Brandi's bullshit can't take this away.  But the question is, does Kyle want to reveal just how much (and what exactly) she's done for Kim?  I don't think she does.  I've always strongly suspected Kyle raised ALL of Kim's children.  And if she didn't raise them, I'm certain they spent a lot of time with her.  For this alone, Brandi should just STFU about how Kyle has been with Kim.  I've said this before on threads for earlier eps, but it bothers me to no end -- this stranger (Brandi) getting involved in a deeply personal & private family relationship that is absolutely none of her business.

I guess Brandi found the last person she could possibly be friends with on the show -- a drugged-out, barely conscious hopeless addict.  Usually I have absolutely no tolerance or patience for Kyle's dramatics.  But I can't blame her for being angry at Kim (in the preview for the next ep) for not coming to her defense when Brandi insulted her.  Kim looks barely lucid.  How is she able to stand & walk?  Is this also some bullshit act for the cameras?  I don't know what to believe anymore.  But I do know I hate watching this.  If she is that badly off, she shouldn't be on the show.

• Love 10

I really doubt Bravo took much convincing about hiring Kim when this show was being cast.  She was BY FAR the bigger get, and the more famous of the two sisters.  I remember reading reports back then that the sister Bravo really wanted was KATHY, so they could have scenes with Paris.  Kathy had some kind of Paris/Kathy show in the works at the time, and passed.

I mean really, who was Kyle before this?  Kim was the famous one, or Paris.

Kyle was the go to-as a result of appearing on a E! True Hollywood Story about Paris Hilton.  From there Kim, Lisa and Adrienne were cast,  Camille via Kyle was a must have and Taylor brought up the caboose.  Kim being more famous meant nothing, no friends and a helpless drunk and even people Kim's age have no idea who she is.  RH are not about casting household names it is about getting a group together that interacts and entertains. Kathy Hilton has zero personality so she is not a get and Paris is hardly RH material. 

• Love 6

I thought this same thing....my Mom is in the early to mid-stages of Alzheimers', and quite often, our conversations are very much the same as the ones that Kim has with everyone and in her talking heads.  I equate it to riding a merry-go-round or carousel - you just keep going around and around and around until you are dizzy....

So sorry to hear about your mom. We have a relative with Alzheimer's and it is very difficult.

Kim, however, may be suffering from Korsakoff's Syndrome. Many long-time alcoholics have poor memories and even blackouts, and this may be what Kim is dealing with. Forgetting where and when things happened is one symptom of this, which was what Kim seemed to be dealing with when she couldn't remember how long she'd been in the hospital. She also didn't remember a lot of what happened on poker night, which I believe, because she didn't say this as an excuse to Kyle, she said it to Brandi and seemed to hope Brandi could fill in the blanks for her.

• Love 8

I will never trust Kyle since she outed Kim as an alcoholic at the end of season 1.

I keep seeing people say this and I'm just not feeling the same about it.  I knew something was wrong with Kim after the 1st episode of season 1 of this show.  By the time Kyle called her an alcoholic in the back of that limo, I was already saying, "No shit, as if I didn't already know that!"  I didn't see it as a pearl clutching moment since Kim acted like an idiot savant throughout the whole of season 1.  She should thank Kyle for letting people know what the hell was really wrong with her, otherwise they might have thought she was a meth addict like Brandi said.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 24
Seriously.  This shit is tired.  We get it.   Sex in The City has been off the air for like a hundred years.

This isn't emancipatory; it's actually really fucked up.  Can you imagine saying "My (x)'s" or "an (x) themed party" referring to any other group? 

The weird thing about keeping gays dudes as pets is that it really is a disservice to all involved.  It's shitty for the entire LGBT community and, IMO, completely and TOTALLY misogynistic.  It's a weird self-infantilizing move on the part of bored and stupid grown women who treat human beings like dolls they dress up and take out (and you can include the Lisa V dog obsession in this rant).    Pull the string on the doll and she makes catty remarks or kisses your ass.  All tapes included.

Disgusting.

I agree completely, but as a gay male myself, I'm not necessarily all that annoyed or even offended by Kyle.  Don't get me wrong, I thought this shit was really dumb as hell.  But Kathy Griffin used to refer all the time to "her gays" -- and she might still do this & I don't think anyone noticed or cared.  So why is it OK for Kathy to do & not Kyle?  Seemed to me like the gay guys around Kyle didn't mind being called her gays.  So if they didn't mind, why should I care for them?  True, these guys seemed like the usual idiot/buffoon gays that are cast on Housewives shows, but what else is new?

Honestly, I was much more annoyed by Satan Andy acting like he was annoyed by it on WWHL.  Sorry, but that was complete & total bullshit!  He produces this fucking show & if he was that annoyed by it, he would have edited it out.  Instead, he highlighted it & based a whole show around it.  Why?  Maybe to make Kyle look bad for some reason -- or give us something to talk about.  Ah, Satan Andy trying to manipulate us once again?  Ya think?

Anyhoo, so many of the Housewives seem to have "accessory gays".  Doesn't Brandi have a house full of 'em?  And they ALWAYS seem to be hairstylists or makeup artists or party planners, don't they?  Just saying, the rightful concern how gays are seen on this show should be pointed more toward Satan Andy than to Kyle.  Satan Andy produces (and probably scripts) this show.  Kyle is merely his pawn.

• Love 20
I keep seeing people say this and I'm just not feeling the same about it.  I knew something was wrong with Kim after the 1st episode of season 1 of this show.  By the time Kyle called her an alcoholic in the back of that limo, I was already saying, "No shit, as if I didn't already now that!"  I didn't see it as a pearl clutching moment since Kim acted like an idiot savant throughout the whole of season 1.  She should thank Kyle for letting people know what the hell was really wrong with her, otherwise they might have thought she was a meth addict like Brandi said.

Maybe it was ultimately good for her & maybe they actually both planned in advance to reveal it together.  Who knows what really happened?  I think it's that I don't trust Kyle's motives or actions.  She cares for her sister -- obviously.  But sheesh, there's a shit-ton of anger there.  Not that I can blame her.  Who could?  But what about Kyle's never-ending thirst for being on camera?  Remember, she's waited 30 years to get this kind of "stardom".  Would Kyle pretty much do anything to her sister to keep this "stardom" going?  Or is Kim in on this too?  

Guess my point is I don't trust what I'm seeing in this ep.  Kim could be acting.  Kyle could be acting.  And we know Brandi is acting cuz she's desperately clinging to Kim cuz otherwise she'd have nobody on the show to talk to & she'd be fired.  I can't get too wrapped up in their screaming bullshit if it's all just a bunch of bullshit.  But I agree that Eileen had THE best line of the night.  Hose 'em all down!

• Love 7

I keep seeing people say this and I'm just not feeling the same about it.  I knew something was wrong with Kim after the 1st episode of season 1 of this show.  By the time Kyle called her an alcoholic in the back of that limo, I was already saying, "No shit, as if I didn't already now that!"  I didn't see it as a pearl clutching moment since Kim acted like an idiot savant throughout the whole of season 1.  She should thank Kyle for letting people know what the hell was really wrong with her, otherwise they might have thought she was a meth addict like Brandi said.

I didn't watch the first season religiously but I agree with this 100% Kim is clearly unwell and she needed a wake up call. Something tells me that wasn't the first time Kyle told her that, it was only the first time it was said on camera. I think the show could have been really good for Kim as a kick in the ass. At this point, I really wish they would lay off the sobriety storyline and cut her loose. Or at least have her start a company that makes turtle related trinkets, just so she can cash in the paycheck. It's sad watching her spiral into this sad shell of a person. It hardly qualifies as entertainment.

I've always strongly suspected Kyle raised ALL of Kim's children.  And if she didn't raise them, I'm certain they spent a lot of time with her.

I would certainly believe that Kyle had an integral role in her nieces' lives but the Davis kids grew up in Texas with their dad's family. If anyone did the bulk of the child rearing it was probably Kathy's nannies. I think Kyle does the two steps forward, one step back thing. She probably thought she was helping Kim by securing the RH job for her so she benefits financially, but it also fuels the other problems in her life.

• Love 8

I agree completely, but as a gay male myself, I'm not necessarily all that annoyed or even offended by Kyle.  Don't get me wrong, I thought this shit was really dumb as hell.  But Kathy Griffin used to refer all the time to "her gays" -- and she might still do this & I don't think anyone noticed or cared.  So why is it OK for Kathy to do & not Kyle?  Seemed to me like the gay guys around Kyle didn't mind being called her gays.  So if they didn't mind, why should I care for them?  True, these guys seemed like the usual idiot/buffoon gays that are cast on Housewives shows, but what else is new?

Honestly, I was much more annoyed by Satan Andy acting like he was annoyed by it on WWHL.  Sorry, but that was complete & total bullshit!  He produces this fucking show & if he was that annoyed by it, he would have edited it out.  Instead, he highlighted it & based a whole show around it.  Why?  Maybe to make Kyle look bad for some reason -- or give us something to talk about.  Ah, Satan Andy trying to manipulate us once again?  Ya think?

Anyhoo, so many of the Housewives seem to have "accessory gays".  Doesn't Brandi have a house full of 'em?  And they ALWAYS seem to be hairstylists or makeup artists or party planners, don't they?  Just saying, the rightful concern how gays are seen on this show should be pointed more toward Satan Andy than to Kyle.  Satan Andy produces (and probably scripts) this show.  Kyle is merely his pawn.

I think the comparison between kyle and Kathy G. is misleading.  Not that comedy gets a free pass but it is an entirely different context.  There's been a conversation built over time between KG and her fan base.  I hear what you are saying and I tend to recoil at those offended on behalf of a group to which they don't belong - although there are exceptions.  I guess, to clarify, I am not disgusted on behalf of gay men or on behalf of anyone, really.  Obviously, anyone can have whatever party they want to have and say whatever shit they want.  However,  just because everyone's cool with it doesn't mean that it's not totally corrosive.  And, to be totally honest, my concern here is with what women do, particularly women with resources and camera time, as I think in this context what looks politically progressive, and worthy of self-applause (Kyle! Lisa!), is often about a bottom line that we either compartmentalize or cynically embrace.  And I will stop now :)   

I tend to agree with this.  Kyle didn't tell us anything that wasn't completely obvious.  I remember finding that episode a relief.  I don't have a lot of sympathy for Kyle but I have even less patience with Kim.  AT this point, I don't think it matters AT ALL who says what to kim as far as her well-being is concerned.  There's nobody or thing left for Kim to blame and she'll be better off when all of her blame objects stop acting so wounded and leave her to be alone with her illness.  Maybe then Kim will do the math as there won't be much left to count. 

• Love 6

I got the impression Kyle was merely being sorta playful with her gay friends.  They had to have known she was referring to them as her gays.  If they had minded or were offended, I have no doubt she would never have done it, let alone gone on about it on the show.  I say blame her dopey gay friends for not "correcting" her on this -- and Satan Andy for showcasing it.  In any case, she shoulda known better.  And yeah, I can see a definite diff between her & Kathy Griffin.

Or at least have her start a company that makes turtle related trinkets,

How about turtle "statement" necklaces?  Couldn't be any worse than Stassi's.  Some peeps luv critter jewelry.  Creeps me the fuck out, but might fit Kim perfectly.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 7

Brandi is delusional.  You aren't friends with someone for a couple of months and all of a sudden it erases everything Kim and Kyle have gone through together as sisters.  I am NOT a fan of Kyle, but if Brandi stepped in between my sister and I, I'd have taken the bitch down.  Even if I had to climb up on a ladder to do it.  It makes me loathe Brandi even more that she's making me even remotely defend Kyle.

• Love 8

It JUST hit me, Kim reminds me of my oldest sister.  To the world, she acts meek and mild, like a wounded butterfly.  But to her sisters, she intentionally does things to stir up trouble, then bats her eyes like, "What?  Aren't I cute?"  Then flip back to the sisters by taking all her issues and making them ours because we aren't there for her.  After a while, it gets old.  You can't help fix someone who doesn't want to be fixed.  We just to defend our sister at every turn, but she throws the rest of us under the bus every time she's given the opportunity by telling everyone how mean we are.  Kim is manipulative and calculating.  She wants everyone to feel sorry for her.

• Love 14
Runners-up for the most jaw-dropping declarations of the episode - maybe the entire season so far - were Brandi's oblivious critique of "I'm sorry, but . . . " apologies

Especially since it seems to me that those are the only types of apology I've ever heard Brandi make.

• Love 11

With such interesting women as Lisa Rinna, Eileen Davidson and Lisa Vanderpump, for the life of me, I don't understand  the focus of this show is now drugged out Kim, Drunk Brandi, and Kyle.  Haven't we seen the Kim/Kyle saga before? Yes, because Bravo continues to put in old footage to remind us.

I don't care if Kyle's apology was sincere.  I don't care that Brandi is approaching creepy Single White Female status with Kim.  I don't care if Kim can't remember if she spoke to Kyle yesterday or today.

Fix it Bravo.

• Love 17

Kim and Brandi are like the dog turds that turn white after being left outside for days. Completely disgusting. I really hope this is their last season. I can't stomach them.

I've always felt Kyle was a mean girl who loved being a martyr, but if I had to deal with Kim's manipulative bullshit for 30+ years I would've lost my shit years ago. I'm sure she's emotionally exhausted. Hell, I'm tired after 5 seasons of this drama.

Lies told this episode:

-Kim is 3 years sober.

-Brandi is a nice person.

-Kim is in pain, pain, PAIN!

-Brandi knows Kim better than Kyle.

• Love 13

I'm hoping for a future episode where Eileen gets to do what she promised. Whip out a hose and douse them all!

"The are the Gays of our Lives".... LOL, surprised Lisa R didn't roll with that one. Macdonald Carey is probably rolling in his grave.

• Love 9

Watching this again just pisses me off. It's been reported long ago that Kyle got her sister this HW gig. Why? Your sister was a full blown alcoholic at the time. Now if you thought it would lead to some therapy and help that's one thing. But they spent the first 2-3 seasons pretending Kim was normal and hiding the truth. Totally insulting us as viewers. And then when the shit hit the fan and Kim should have taken a step back and focused on her sobriety, her and Kyle reportedly threatened to leave the show if they both weren't brought back together. So fast forward to now and watching Kim on my tv clearly high as a kite just makes me want to banish this show from my DVR. Wasting our time with Kyle pretending she doesn't know what's going on, kim pretending she's normal. It's bullshit. If you're so worried about protecting your secret phone calls, why the hell are you on a reality tv show!

Who says that? Not one reputable source that I can tell. Has Andy ever said so? Has Kyle confirmed this? maybe Kim? what about loose lips Brandi? Who?

As far as Kyle getting Kim the gig or forcing her to do this gig. I am afraid that Kyle doesn't have that kind of power, she is not an executive producer to make those kind of decisions, I have heard it the other way, I have heard that the producers were not interested in Lisa V. until she brought Cedric as her gay husband, for all we know production insisted that Kim would be there because at the time she was the only sort of real Hollywood name out there and BH is innately related to Hollywood so Kim was the connection they needed.

This is what bothers me, as we have seen in the last episode and for many seasons now, Kim Richards doesn't do one thing she doesn't want to do, Kim can give a crap as to what her sister Kyle thinks of her or wants, or needs, no matter what Kim blames Kyle for everything that has gone wrong in her life, do you really think that Kim would do this show under any kind of coersion from Kyle? do you really think that Kim would sheepishly accept her sister's imposition to continue doing the show against her will?

Kyle could had cried and begged for Kim to do this gig and all Kim had to do was say NO, Kim could have quit the show any time she wanted and Bravo would have understood and so would we, Kim is 50 years old not 17, if Kim is doing this show is because she wants to do it, until Bravo fires her Kim will do the show, as I have said before and will continue saying Kim doesn't do anything she doesn't want to do, especially if that is something that Kyle has asked her to do. matter of fact Kim seems to be just the kind to do the exact opposite of what her sister suggests just to prove that she can.

When is Kim finally going to be accountable for her own actions and decisions?

• Love 19

Three wrongs don't make a right, do they?  Kim was wrong not to give Kyle a heads up.  Brandi was wrong to attend after her actions/feelings towards Kyle on Poker Night and Kyle was wrong to take a moment, breathe and then engage the beast anyway. 

I understand Kyle being flabbergasted by the appearance of Brandi (production doesn't always let all the ladies know what is going on) and being totally thrown as the host of the party.  I (sorta) understand her taking a moment and then deciding to Earn Her Bravo Paycheck.  But I really wish that when Kyle had a good point (Brandi's "truths" are always wrong) that she had used Adrienne as the example.  At least that would have been deeply satisfying to many viewers.

I think Kyle really made Lisa's approach to Brandi look like sheer genius.  Lisa will always be Sherlock Holmes and Kyle will be following along as Dr Watson.

• Love 4

The problem with most of these women is that they have to be win every battle they wage.

"You owe me an apology"

"No, you owe me an apology"

"But I apologized"

"You didn't mean it"

"But you still need to apologize to me"

"I'll apologize to you when you sincerely apologize to me"

and on and on and on.....Waiting for the day when someone apologizes,and even if it's insincere, the other person simply says "Thank you".

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 3

Just for the record, I’ve never liked Kyle – she’s annoying -- and I blame her for bringing the term “jelly” into my life.  

I love your whole post, but that line in particular cracked me up - for some reason, I have always held it against Kyle that she accused Lisa of being "jelly" - it was the first time that I didn't like her, it seemed kind of smug and mean, and it set the tone for our whole relationship (ha). I thought your insight into Brandi and the Kim/Kyle dynamic was right on.

I will say that I think Kyle's Achilles Heel is her inability to control her emotions. When she gets upset, she acts out - instantly, and dramatically.  This goes all the way back to Season One, when Camille was making those crazy accusations, and instead of just saying, "That's not true, Camille, you're confused," Kyle got completely worked up, screaming "You're such a fucking liar, Camille!!!"  She just escalates every situation she finds herself in - whether it's S1 Kim in a limo, or at a poker table, or sending her daughter to college, or at her own party for "her gays" (sigh).  

I don't think this is something she does for the cameras.  I think this is who she is.  I think it's why she's such a great Housewife, if you're a producer - Kyle overreacts to every bit of stimulation, positive or negative. 

She does seem to have some awareness that she does this.  One of the times I liked her most was in the first season, after the dinner party from hell, when she was talking to MCFR and other non-housewife friends about her fight with Camille, and she said, "I get so worked up and emotional and I just react so strongly.  I wish I didn't do that."  It was a very rare moment of self-reflection, and showed her taking responsibility for her own role in the fight.  She said that on twitter last night, too, when someone gave her a hard time for going up to Brandi at the party, and she replied "I get so emotional.  It's embarrassing."  I do think Kyle knows she has that tendency, but she doesn't seem to be able to keep it in check even a little bit.  I think I would find that exhausting, were I her friend.

That being said: this is why Kyle still "wins" in this situation to me.  I don't agree with her reactions, it's not how a reasonable adult would respond, but it's still relatable, in some way.  I still understand why she lets Kim and Brandi push her buttons.  I can still see good intentions in there, even if there's poor behavior around them.  I feel like I can see that Kyle is not trying to cause harm.

Whereas I feel like Kim is so completely self-absorbed and narcissistic that she is unable to think about anything other than herself - the pathology of that is its own post, rooted in her addictions, her illnesses, her life as a child star and a lifetime of not being held accountable for her behavior - that i cannot support Kim for a minute, and all I want is for Kyle to walk away from her.  Walk away, Kyle.  Change the locks. 

And Brandi - well, everyone has talked about Brandi already.  She is broken, she is toxic, she is vicious.  I don't think she can be redeemed.  The only reason I would still watch her on this show is to see what happens when the sane women - the Eileens and Lisa Rs in particular, who don't have a history of being trumped by her, but also Lisa V. and Kyle and EVEN YOLANDA who I think is secretly over Brandi and just trying to avoid a blowup - I can't wait to see them take her down.  It must happen.   I will have my popcorn at the reunion, for sure, rooting for my team like it's the fricking Superbowl.

• Love 19

I barely watch anymore.  It is the only Hwife show I have ever seen; a friend got me hooked a few years ago. 

I just don't like any of them anymore except Brandi.  I have a soft spot for her. 

Kim is not interesting now that she is sober (pretty much!).  

Kyle, you are a grown woman, let the drama with Brandi go.  Rise above the situation, it isn't like you don't know what to expect with her.  Be there for your sister and allow her to choose her own friends.  None of your business. 

It is sad that Lisa won't tell Max his history.  Unbelievable really.  And Ken what is up with you?  Do you have an opinion on this?  I guess he must feel the same way or he would be insisting Lisa tell him.  

Eileen and Rinna?  Time will tell if they offer anything interesting. 

Yolanda's hair looks so much better without the extensions.   It is impossibly thin but looks cute when she pulls it back in that tiny pony tail. 

• Love 8

I was so frustrated watching this episode.  I felt for Kyle and I wish she were quicker on her feet in arguments.  I can't imagine how betrayed she felt after having that heart to heart with her sister only to have Kim turn around the next day(or the same day in Kim's mind) bring uninvited Brandi to the party,  Say what you want about Kim's motives, but Brandi has made her's quite clear with the "who do love more" and "I'm not hugging that bitch".  It's like a classic game of I'll steal your friend.  Unfortunately, Kim's perpetual victimnness plays right into it. 

What bothers me the most is the level of evil in Brandi.  She could give two shits about Kim.  Kim is simply a storyline to her,  While I've lost a lot of respect for Kim with her behavior, she is an addict, and a sick one at that.  For Brandi to be trifling around, using her for airtime and trying to drive a wedge between her and Kyle, is just plain awful,.  It reminds me of those people who try to take advantage of the elderly or senile for the purpose of stealing their money. 

As an adoptee who's known forever and never had any interest in meeting my birth parents (I do thank them for their decision, I've been afforded a great life) I understood Max wanting to better understand his background.  I also felt for Lisa & Ken.  I know that has to sting a bit, even when you know it's not a affront to your parenting.,  As a parent, you want your kids to be happy and fulfilled, 

More Eileen & LisaR please!

• Love 14

Kyle, you are a grown woman, let the drama with Brandi go.  Rise above the situation, it isn't like you don't know what to expect with her.  Be there for your sister and allow her to choose her own friends.  None of your business. 

This thing with Kyle and Kim reminds me of when a wife, for instance, accuses the another woman of threatening her marriage.  Of coming between her and her husband.  If you really blame the other woman for any of the causes of the problems you have in your marriage, I don't know what to tell ya.  The other woman is a bitch of a blip on the radar screen and should be treated as such.

Kyle needs to stop reacting to Brandi.  But she won't because she knows the Kim drama has driven this show for how many seasons now? 

• Love 9

I think Kyle really made Lisa's approach to Brandi look like sheer genius.  Lisa will always be Sherlock Holmes and Kyle will be following along as Dr Watson.

rehobeth -- Love "three wrongs don't make a right."  Kyle wishes she were Dr. Watson!  If only ... 

Kim will obviously never respond well to Kyle attempting to tell her what to do, whom to hang out with, and how to feel.  Ever.  Not too many folks like to be told what they can and cannot do--certainly not Kyle-style and certainly not in public and in front of cameras.   Brandi has been able to insert herself and exploit both sisters because both of them are profoundly messed up little girls and really, really not too swift.  On the self-awareness scale, they both earn a generous zero.

I wonder if Kyle has turned into Big Kathy in Kim's eyes -- all supposed good intentions and rampaging control freak.  Right or wrong, healthy or unhealthy, Kim, in her own damaged mind, believes that she's earned the right to make her own choices about who her friends are and how she wants to conduct her life.  Not saying I think she's going down the right road -- clearly not -- but Kyle will never be able to truly help her or understand her until and unless she stops screeching, carrying on a like a playground hothead, and aggressively making her case on the basis of what Caroline Manzo calls Fambly.  These two need to take really, really long vacation from one another.  

I expect that Brandi will let fly some really hurtful zingers to both Richards sisters at the Reunion.  Can anyone imagine being dumb and high enough to share anything personal and explosive with Miss Glanville?  One thing I do think is true:  Kyle had no real idea that Kim and Brandi had become joined at the hip until it was too late and at the time of this party was completely freaked out by the very thought of all the intimate info transfer that had taken place.  To begin with whatever Kim divulged about troubles in the Umansky household.

" We are FAMILY!"

"You NEVER get in between sisters!"

(sic)

"Family! Secret Shared Histories! Monolithic Unit Against the World!  Not Weird At All!  Totally Over Mom! No Take backs!"

Dear God.  This is when I have to give the addiction model props because, dude, these ladies are textbook.  

Family - the best drug of all!

Love this!  

• Love 5

Hmmmm, I don't think I've ever heard Yo talk this much about Anwar in four seasons as I did last night. 

Really Lisa? You were not even a tiny bit prepared for the fact that Max might one day ask about his past, where he came from? And she wouldn't even tell him his born last name! How is that going to hurt. Look, I have never experienced any side of an adoption. I cannot even imagine what people go through to give up their child, or the worries that might come with raising an adopted child. But is she really that insecure? At any rate, he's an adult now. You may worry that you are "burdening him with another identity", but it's ultimately his choice to know. If you aren't upfront and open with him, he's probably just going to end up resenting you. 

Wow, Kim's story has so many holes in it, the swiss cheese is jealous. Okay, she's telling Kyle that she coughed, something "popped", and Monty called the doc and had her sent in? When was this? Before or after poker night? Because she was not coughing at all at poker night. If the "pop" was the cause of her pain, the cause for going to the hospital, what was the cause of the pain on poker night that resulted in her taking a pill? And then she's saying Monty told her to take one of HIS pills, when previously she had said that he gave her one of HER pills, that had been prescribed to her. And I'm no expert, but the way she was acting, that did not look like ONE pain pill. I hope she is called out on these inconsistencies at the reunion. She is never going to face the reality of her situation if people don't call her on her BS. 

The juxtaposition of the conversations between Kim/Kyle and Kim/Brandi was really creepy. I've always sort of felt badly for Kim, but last night she came off looking VERY manipulative. I saw her as playing both sides of the fence, trying to get both Kyle and Brandi to her side, and then revelling in them fighting over her. It was quite sick. I mean, if Kim were truly committed to her sobriety, Brandi would be the last person she would have by her side, because that bitch is sober about 2 seconds a day. 

Then she BRINGS Brandi to Kyle's event? Knowing they had just had it out and Kyle was very uncomfortable around her? I'm sorry, that was a bitch move. Kyle did come across pretty overdramatic, but I felt for her. She's at the end of her rope. Unlike Brandi, she has been dealing with this for DECADES. She's frustrated because she can SEE that Kim is playing both sides. Just yesterday (not today, drunk Kim!) they had what appeared to be a nice, bonding, understanding moment. Then her sister shows up with this antagonist and is acting all annoyed and cold with Kyle. I'm quite over how Kim tries to act like it's all Kyle's fault when her problems come to the surface. Sorry, Kim makes it well known all on her own. Kyle certainly wasn't in the limo when Kim was acting like a complete nutcase with Lisar. 

And then, and then....the Mauricio comment! That was as low as it gets. And Kim just sat there. I don't care what kind of problems, history, whatever my sister and I have. I would NEVER let someone make a comment about her marriage like that. Kim showed her true colors last night and I am quite over her. I'm sorry that she is suffering this addiction, but she cannot use that for a scapegoat for all her shitty behavior. She knows she's sick, she needs to finally do what it takes to get better. I really feel Kyle's frustration in all this. She truly loves her sister and WANTS to be there for her, but it's toxic. How many times can she put herself through this? 

• Love 12