Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Drama Queens

• Start Topic

. It seemed like a reflex and the right thing to do in the moment. Not some contrived act to create a rift between sisters.

A reflex that takes place in the context of Brandi's admitted desire to get between sisters and many contrived acts to do that in the past two episodes before and after the moment Brandi threw up her hand. Kyle didn't want to talk to Brandi either, yet Brandi continued to be there as well. Brandi and Kim are openly involved in attacking Kyle and they were on Game Night as well. They were openly provoking her all night.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Love 9

Can you guys believe that Brandi basically said that she and Kim have been through more together over the past six months or so than Kim has with her sister Kyle? Brandi says, "I know she's your sister and I respect that and you guys have been through it but I feel like you and I have been through more over the summer with marriage and all this stuff that has been going on..."

Why in the ever loving fuck does Brandi keep bringing up this wedding like Kim was training for the Olympics or something when there's nothing to indicate that it was that sort of experience for her? Also, let's pretend for a moment that Kim was under all kinds of pressure to make sure that Brooke has the perfect wedding. Am I really supposed to believe that Brandi's support level in all of this is the equivalent or more to what Kyle's has been for Kim since they've been adults? It's so ridiculous and it shows what a foolish and immature woman Brandi is that she can't seem to grasp for even a moment that her role in all of this is completely transparent and that it couldn't be more obvious that she doesn't have Kim's best interests at heart.

Unbelievable even for Kim that she's going to try to blame the bathroom at Poker Night on Kyle. When has Kim ever taken responsibility for her own behavior? 

Too true that Andy should have and could have taken a stand years ago when it comes to the "my gays" thing that the Housewives have been getting away with. Thank you too to the poster who pointed out that Sonja is one of the chief offenders. I can't recall Ramona making the reference. Not saying she isn't fully capable, I'd say it's more than likely I just can't recall. Also, I'm not saying that I'm not happy that Andy isn't addressing it I just wonder why he didn't do it sooner.

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 19

I think she told Brandi or someone 7 days. So, who knows.

And when Kim got out of the car at Brandi's, she could barely stand up.

I call bullshit on Kim's hospital stay.  Kyle is gullible.  She went into wayyyy too much detail on the explanation and rationale.  Typical addict behavior.  How the f*** did Monty give Kim a pain pill while he was MIA???

• Love 3

I saw the scene and yes Brandi put up her arm and Kyle was fast approaching Kim and Kim didn't want to talk to Kyle. Kyle ended up right on top of Brandi because of course she had disregarded the fact that Kim SAID she didn't want to talk so already personal space has been disrespected. Protective is shielding someone aggressive would have been Brandi facing Kyle and aggressively restricting Kyle's movements which Brandi didn't do (until Kyle put her hand on her and then the garage later but at that point stupid decisions caused even more stupid responses). Brandi was right beside Kim and when Kyle came up to Kim she put her shoulder and arm up to maintain an appropriate amount of space between two people, related or not I don't see what's wrong with trying to keep two people from getting on top of each other with the real possibility of an altercation happening. I didn't see anything insincere with Brandi's instinct to shield Kim in that moment. It seemed like a reflex and the right thing to do in the moment. Not some contrived act to create a rift between sisters.

I really hate saying it this way because it sounds ghetto, but if Brandi or anyone else tried to interfere with my attempts at going to the side of one of my sisters in trouble, She wouldn't have been merely scratched with my jewelry, the hospital would be adding some new jewelry to her broken jaw.

• Love 17

SnowQueen -- Love love love "nature untouched."  LOL.  Is there methadone for this show?  Or should I have my hiatal pneumonia bronchitis ulcer checked out?

Sincerely Yours -- I hear you.  I thought Kyle really started the physical altercation with her frenzied going after the women out the door.   I think Kyle downs a few too many herself and then acts out in anger.  One can argue about whether it was called for or not.  Kyle knocks em back also and then ends up taking it to a whole other level. 

I would love to see both Richards off the show along with Brandi. Yo made a friend of if she wants it.  The soap opera ladies stay if they want to and then someone else.  I wouldn't mind having Joyce back but that ship has sailed. Just someone new and different. 

Am also tired of the VanderTodds and their endless VanderCrap.

Works for Kyle too that Kim when she relapses is always so off the hook because we tend to discount how much Kyle drinks and what happens to her after she's being sucking on that cocktail straw for too long.  Kyle was definitely sucking up the Mama's Milk before she started going after Brandi and Kim in last night's exciting chapter.  And Lisa V did her exactly no favor or favours as Lady Lisa would say.  Honestly, I'm ready to see her hobble out the door too.  Sick of her phony ass. 

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 3

Sorry but it didn't at all look to me like Kim didn't want to talk to Kyle at the poker party explosion.  Kim looked at Brandi several times as if she was asking her to stop.  Brandi reacted to it as well.  

Kyle asked Brandi to leave, a few times, Brandi did not.  After that, if I push your arm down....so fucking be it.  

Kyle reacted to some pretty heinous accusations flung her way.  I don't blame her a single bit for what she's done concerning Brandi.  She's extended her friendship to this woman far too many times even though Brandi clearly does not deserve it.  At that point?  There is no respect for Brandi or how she feels about a situation.  Had she pushed Brandi off of her 6 inch heels into a patch of poison ivy I would've cheered her on.

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 17

You know, it just occurred to me in the light of a new day, did Kim shove Monty under the bus for a felony count? She plainly stated that Monty gave her one of his pills, a pill "for cancer", so most likely a narcotic. Do these people live in such a privileged bubble that this is not a problem? And even if the police aren't interested in a couple of old party pals sharing a good 'script, will this not jam Monty up with the prescribing physician? Doctors have liability, too, if they know or should have known a prescription is being abused. This shit is no joke. Monty is terminally ill - what will happen to him if his prescriptions get yanked?

I feel like I must be must be missing something, since no one on the show seemed even slightly fazed by this other than the Kim crowd surfing off the back of the sobriety wagon thing. Am I hopelessly middle class to be worried about consequences for Monty?

• Love 11

From what I understand, these pills and meds are not meant to be shared with anyone.  The RXs are heavily guarded and dispensed.  If she took it, and I do believe she did and has been helping herself, she stole it and could be in for some trouble.  And if he gave it to her, ditto.  Drugstore Cowboy was a long long time ago. 

• Love 2

You know, it just occurred to me in the light of a new day, did Kim shove Monty under the bus for a felony count? She plainly stated that Monty gave her one of his pills, a pill "for cancer", so most likely a narcotic. Do these people live in such a privileged bubble that this is not a problem? And even if the police aren't interested in a couple of old party pals sharing a good 'script, will this not jam Monty up with the prescribing physician? Doctors have liability, too, if they know or should have known a prescription is being abused. This shit is no joke. Monty is terminally ill - what will happen to him if his prescriptions get yanked?

I feel like I must be must be missing something, since no one on the show seemed even slightly fazed by this other than the Kim crowd surfing off the back of the sobriety wagon thing. Am I hopelessly middle class to be worried about consequences for Monty?

Monty could go down for furnishing.  Which he would probably get sentenced to diversion.

• Love 5

Why in the ever loving fuck does Brandi keep bringing up this wedding like Kim was training for the Olympics or something when there's nothing to indicate that it was that sort of experience for her? Also, let's pretend for a moment that Kim was under all kinds of pressure to make sure that Brooke has the perfect wedding. Am I really supposed to believe that Brandi's support level in all of this is the equivalent or more to what Kyle's has been for Kim since they've been adults? It's so ridiculous and it shows what a foolish and immature woman Brandi is that she can't seem to grasp for even a moment that her role in all of this is completely transparent and that it couldn't be more obvious that she doesn't have Kim's best interests at heart.

God, I love this part of your post. I was thinking the same thing.  Brandi acts as if she were Kim's sole source of support during this wedding nonsense, as if she was knee deep in party planning. Wasn't it held at Kathy's house? I am sure that Kathy was way involved, and certainly not calling Brandi for any advice.  

Even funnier is that Brandi wasn't even at the damn wedding.  Either Kim's BFF wasn't important enough to secure an invite, or it just wasn't important enough to Brandi to bother attending. 

• Love 14

As for giving him a name, if this was their first conversation, I don't expect her to give it up so quickly. She and Ken need time to process, plus there is the legal aspect of airing it on tv.

I suspect the hesitation was because of the cameras.

I would SO love to follow the Fosters to Italy to catch the event that Yolanda was talking about while packing.  Would love love love to see Roberto Cavali's pad! 

Froggy cry talk that we will never see it!  Sounded awesome ... Italy, Andrea Bocelli, charity fundraiser for big wigs, Clooney, Cavali.  King David being all super charity oriented.  If this show weren't always such a shit show of dumb and dysfunction we might have an increased chance of seeing some this good stuff happen.  Waaaah!

Exactly- something I too would love to see, but instead Bravo focuses on the 2 drunks for yet another episode.  I would have taken Yolanda in Italy scenes 100 times over all of that crap last night. With the exception of Brandi and Kim (I can take or leave Kyle, just sort of there), they really do have a good cast with interesting lives, and there has got to be a gold mine of things they could air. But instead, it's turning into the Kim/Brandi show.    This is my biggest complaint and it's what going to make me drop yet another HW franchise from my viewing list.  

• Love 5

I hate to sound so matter of fact and kinda cold but ummmm is it all that crucial and important that Kyle is all torn up about Brandi's inappropriateness and new friendship with Kim that she needs to take it to this level where she's putting her sister through such a ringer?  I know, I know poor Kyle and all that but really? No, really? Breaking it down, Kyle's annoyed that an outsider has slid in and got really comfortable really quickly at the family table. So basically this is about who should be able to lay claim to the angst, chaos, support, and all that comes with Kim's tumultuous life? Cause that's what it looks like to me and to be honest I think that's corny and not very important and yet the cause of such serious emotional discord. Hmmmmmmmm...

I firmly believe that:

- Kim's actions and behavior isn't ALWAYS supposed to be about paying homage to the years of her sisters support.

- That no one else is allowed to have an opinion about Kim based on their own friendship with her just because they don't have 1000+ years put into it

- That Kim shouldn't EVER be mad at Kyle's dramatics because, well Kyle's entitled to be a hot mess after all this time

My questions: Why is this a subject that Kim is supposed to address? What REAL dilemma is Kim supposed to be handling right now that has Kyle so offended and is worthy of a rift between sisters? Your friend stepped over the line and was disrespectful? Yeah, okay, I get it but is it really so gosh darn debilitating to Kyle that it needs such repair. Basically your sisters friend showed her ass and it pissed you off. Not for nothing is this really supposed to even be in the list of battles Kim's facing?

-Addiction

-Dying Ex husband

-Stigma and Judgement that will never go away because well it just won't

-Her very real anxiety issues

But hey lets throw an emotionally distressed sister in the mix as well. And let the reason be that Kim has got someone in her life who is nurturing and comforting her because Kyle isn't up for the task anymore.

Kyle isn't up for the task anymore and I honestly question if she ever really was because I'm inclined to believe that Kyle's half concerned overly dramatic approach to her sisters issues have always been that way and not as a result of years and years of frustration. Me thinks that Kyle has always handled her sister this way and instead of addiction being the cause of the resentful ways she "supported" Kim it was based off of childhood drama and when Kim gave her a more credible reason for her resentful "support" her "angst" became about that.  I also think Kyle is worried as shit about what Kim is sharing with Brandi because I'm sure there is some serious shit Kim can share about Kyle's personality. I'm sure there are a shitload of mean girl stories to tell.  I also think Kim is relieved to find someone that points out what others seem to think is a delusion on Kims part and that is that Kyle has an underhanded way about her and how she "supports" Kim and handles her publicly.

Am I really supposed to believe that Brandi's support level in all of this is the equivalent or more to what Kyle's has been for Kim since they've been adults?

I have a problem with Kim having to justify how much importance she puts on her friendship with Brandi. I don't think it's fair that Kim is supposed to feel guilty about considering another person important in her life. It's based off of support she's received and she's appreciative of that. She shouldn't have to restrict her appreciation and only give Brandi degrees of friendship status based off of some Kyle O meter and all the years put in by Kyle. That's a calculation that CAN'T be made and its ridiculous.  That's why Kim is always talking about it being about her because KYLE is making it about Kim and how disrespectful it is for Kim not to go against her friend because well because Kyle wants her to. That's how I see it. Basically Kyle is annoyed, pissed and all this pomp and circumstance all just boils down to Kyle pulling the mean girl card "Brandi has pissed me off, I have a semi good reason to be mad, Now I want to call the shots, give you an impossible ultimatum and watch you twist in the wind until I get the result I want".  That's what this stupid fight is all about. Stassi comes to mind actually...

The very real and serious back story of addiction and family strife gets in the way of really seeing the true problem for what it really is in THIS situation. High school popularity contest all with the peanut gallery watching from the stands and taking notes.

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 7

God, I love this part of your post. I was thinking the same thing.  Brandi acts as if she were Kim's sole source of support during this wedding nonsense, as if she was knee deep in party planning. Wasn't it held at Kathy's house? I am sure that Kathy was way involved, and certainly not calling Brandi for any advice.  

Even funnier is that Brandi wasn't even at the damn wedding.  Either Kim's BFF wasn't important enough to secure an invite, or it just wasn't important enough to Brandi to bother attending. 

Kim's older daughters don't care for Brandi.  I think little has happened to change their opinion.  Kim's kids are close to Kyle and this business with Brandi trying to insert herself will be frowned upon by Brooke and Whitney.

• Love 9

I'm not comfortable with calling Max's birth name "real" or "true".  To me, that's like calling his biological parents his real or true parents.  I'm sure that's not what you're saying, it's just how it strikes me.

I'm sure it's just the power of suggestion, but Max looks more and more like Ken to me.

I understand where you're coming from.  Perhaps 'real' wasn't the correct word to use and I apologize if anyone was offended in any way.  Maybe 'ancestral' is better (although some would debate the use of that word as well). 

• Love 1

First she dumped all over Adrienne and Paul because they did not spend enough time with her, then it was Lisa's morning phone calls have ceased so Brandi went after her, now it is Kyle doesn't spend enough time with Kim and that makes her a bad person.

Can someone refresh my memory?  Because IIRC, Brandi's first few scenes on BH were with Adrienne, and I got a sense they were friendly.  I seem to remember Brandi being upset that Adrienne would not be at game night. 

Was she friendly with Adrienne before RHOBH?  Anyone know?

Hate to say it, but Kim's daughter wedding looked just another generic strapless gown wedding for a twenty year old, with the usual tacky flourishes and embroideries. I would be surprised to find out that Kim had the energy, cash, or organizational skills to be involved with any real part of it.  Bravo has yet to showcase ONE classy wedding.  All of them nouveau to the max from start to finish. To include the Pandora wedding. 

• Love 7

Ken telling Max his mother was from China and his father was from Nigeria (or vice versa, can't remember). Wow. I know he was joking but still. He has such a condesending attitude I bet he is one SOB off camera. 

Yes!  And his comments to Rocio ....

• Love 1

Yolonda goes by Foster, her King's name.

You are right! I forgot about Yolanda completely! Oh MY! LOL

Kyle will never get well until she accepts that she can't be Big Kathy for Kim -- and doesn't need to be.  She needs to be Kyle Richards Umansky, whoever that is, and try to heal her own psychic wounds.  Kim will never grow up, I hate to say it, but don't think it's in the cards for her.  Ever so slight greater chance of that happening if Kyle were to stop trying to mother her and let her feel the burn when it hits.  I do think that Kim is actively if not consciously suicidal and do feel for Kyle on that score.  I get that she lives in absolute terror of Kim killing herself one way or another.  But, again, all this is basically out of her hands.  Having to accept that is a bitch but there is no other way to the other side. 

One thing that always strikes me is that both of these really sick women appear to have grown up without a father.  Do we ever hear about their Dad?  It's like Big Kathy had relations with herself in her uber universe of craziness and gave birth to this two-headed beast.  Seriously, WTF?  It's like both Kim and Kyle had to parent themselves emotionally when they were little and now that both parents are gone don't know how to be what they are to each other.  Being a sibling isn't the same thing as being a child or a parent.  It's its own universe, with its own rules and obligations.  These two have no real clue how to be true sisters to each other. 

After Big Kathy and Ken got divorced, HH book, the girls did not want to spend time with him. I don't think their mother wanted him in their lives...at all.

• Love 4
I hate to sound so matter of fact and kinda cold but ummmm is it all that crucial and important that Kyle is all torn up about Brandi's inappropriateness and new friendship with Kim that she needs to take it to this level where she's putting her sister through such a ringer?

Kim's not being put through the ringer. She's mad at Kyle for not paying enough attention to her and using again and siccing Brandi on her. The only way Brandi came into it was when Brandi leapt in to fight with Kyle on Kim's side, accusing her of all the things Kim's probably been accusing her of implicitly and explicitly for the past few months. Kyle wasn't torn up about Kim and Brandi's friendship until Kim and Brandi intentionally used it as a thing to accuse Kyle about while obviously not being sober. This is why at Poker Night Kyle was upset and emotional over Kim's physical state rather than the fact that she was ganging up on her with Brandi.

• Love 17

My jaw hit the floor when Kim was throwing Monty under the bus like that.  Monty wanted to her to go to the party.  Monty gave her the pill.  Monty told her it would make her feel better.  And then at the poker party, Kyle made her feel bad, but only because Lisa tattled on her. Even the pizza wasn't there for her when she needed it.  Typical, classic, textbook addict behavior. 

• Love 23

You are right! I forgot about Yolanda completely! Oh MY! LOL

After Big Kathy and Ken got divorced, HH book, the girls did not want to spend time with him. I don't think their mother wanted him in their lives...at all.

Thanks for that.  They might want to catch "Boyhood." 

Foster care.  I mean really Foster care.  As opposed to foster care.  

I get that we are supposed to be all on board with Ken and Lisa showing us what will be called "Max's Journey."  I think they are a couple of royal shits for putting any of it on camera.  Done with them too.  The way they've dealt with Max from the very beginning of the program has given me the creeps and this latest installment of faux concern and detective work is no different.  Tacky beyond belief.

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 5

Can someone please explain Kyle's logic about how, well yes I pushed your hand down but YOU were the one that was aggressive??????

Brandi was being aggressive. She was doing the same shit in last night's episode that she did that night at Eileen's: use her height advantage. Kyle was asking Kim why Kim was just snippy with her before leaving (because, for Pete's sake, Kim was obviously looking for a fight under the guise of going back to say goodbye). Kyle was trying to talk to Kim even before all three women reached the foyer, and Brandi made sure to physically insert herself between Kim and Kyle. That's aggression as far as I'm concerned. When they turned the corner into the foyer, Brandi put her arm to prevent Kyle from being near Kim--again, I'm calling it an act of aggression. 

I saw the scene and yes Brandi put up her arm and Kyle was fast approaching Kim and Kim didn't want to talk to Kyle. Kyle ended up right on top of Brandi because of course she had disregarded the fact that Kim SAID she didn't want to talk so already personal space has been disrespected.

I call total BS on Kim saying she didn't want to talk. Kim wanted to go back into that house, shit on Kyle some more, and not have to answer to it. Kim doesn't get to play that game, and I can see that Kyle was probably thinking the same thing.

Why in the ever loving fuck does Brandi keep bringing up this wedding like Kim was training for the Olympics or something...

Avaleigh, this almost took me OUT! Brandi really is out here acting like Kim standing in a bridal salon and watching Whitney parade in beautiful dresses was the most arduous of tasks. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 18

Can someone refresh my memory?  Because IIRC, Brandi's first few scenes on BH were with Adrienne, and I got a sense they were friendly.  I seem to remember Brandi being upset that Adrienne would not be at game night. 

Was she friendly with Adrienne before RHOBH?  Anyone know?

I don't know for a fact but I do remember reading a couple of tabloid accounts and interviews with Cedric, who maintained the faux relationship between him and Brandi was orchestrated by Bravo and that the "real" reason Brandi was being brought in was to attempt to bring Lisa Vanderpump into check, whose ego had reportedly grown more than a bit with her success on the show.

Looking back and seeing the way Brandi almost immediately started draping herself all over Ken in an effort to perhaps goad Lisa, I'm inclined to think there's an element of truth in this.

Lisa, however, being smarter than the average bear and perhaps smelling the stench of a Bravo setup, did an about-face and befriended the interloper.  Smart move, very Bobby Fischer-esque.  

I think the "relationship" with Adrienne was a ruse and a way to introduce Brandi into the group.  For the life of me, Adrienne has her faults but I cannot imagine her being actual "friends" with the likes of Brandi, so I tend to believe what I read, that this Adrienne and Brandi "friendship" was likely a Bravo orchestration as well.

I've looked high and low through Google trying to find the article where Cedric made these claims and can't find it but it was linked in either a thread here or a thread over at TWOP and the information just stuck with me because, at the time, Cedric had been fired and really didn't have a lot to gain.  He also said in the interview that Brandi was known primarily around town for being a fucked up drunken hot mess, which again made me question why she would be "friends" with Adrienne.

Again, I don't know any of this as a fact and can't find links to support it, just what I've retained in my memory from reading various articles and interviews.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 8

Not only did Brandi shove Kyle backwards in the hallway, in the extended footage she is shown towering over Kyle and holding her wrists.  That's aggression.  After watching Celebrity Rehab and seeing Dr. Drew take several of the celebs for brain scans which pointed out problems, I think Kim has brain damage.

• Love 10

Breaking it down, Kyle's annoyed that an outsider has slid in and got really comfortable really quickly at the family table. So basically this is about who should be able to lay claim to the angst, chaos, support, and all that comes with Kim's tumultuous life? Cause that's what it looks like to me and to be honest I think that's corny and not very important and yet the cause of such serious emotional discord. Hmmmmmmmm...

But what evidence is there to support that this is just about Brandi becoming close to Kim - at least in regard to being what caused this drama? Kyle might not have known how close they were, but she certainly knew they were close enough for Kim to be calling Brandi at 2am to lament the shit storm that is her life. Anyone paying attention to them on Twitter during that time saw that they were all over each other to an extent. Kyle seemed to have no issues with that. She was even bonding with Brand in the limo ride over to Eileen's house. She seemed to be sharing with Brandi in a way that I have never heard Kyle share with anyone else before. If she had issues with Brandi getting a seat at the family table, she wasn't acting like it. Her anger only became evident when Brandi tried to keep Kyle away from having a conversation with Kim, who was clearly in trouble. As others have pointed out, Brandi would have been splayed out on the lawn at Eileen's house if she tried to do the same with me and my sister. 

• Love 19

I never believed I could want to see a Housewife taken down more than I wanted Melissa Gorga to be eviscerated, but Brandi is just a sick, sick person and she has surpassed my Gorga line.

I'd love to know how delusional, self-absorbed, and truly vicious this woman is that she has never apologized for the litany of sins she's perpetuated against these women. Thank you Kyle for listing them, and thanks Bravo for the playback flashbacks that so perfectly highlighted her reign of terror: outing Adrienne's surrogacy (the worst in my opinion), saying at the reunion that she thinks Kyle wants Kim to fail (vile beyond belief), her racist (YES, RACIST) attacks on Joyce, purposely calling Joyce Jacqueline, calling Kim a meth addict, toting around the tabloid stories about Mauricio and bringing it up at Carlton's lunch, orchestrating the gang-up on Lisa in Puerto Rico, whining to no end about a lawsuit Adrienne was filing against her that cost her money (turned out that didn't even exist), claiming Adrienne didn't own the Palms... I mean I could go on, but you get the point. She's a shit-stirring liar who constantly demands apologies after causing havoc and destruction. She was dropped in from the Bizarro World. I don't know how anyone can stand to look at her or speak to her. 

She and Kim are a match forged in Hades. Two narcissistic, pathological, lying, attention-grabbing messes who are jealous of any woman who has a happy family and two functioning brain cells to rub together.

I'm not a violent person by any means, but for a woman who likes to tell others that she'll knock their teeth out, I think that's what Brandi needs - a good smack to the face or kick in the ass. If that she-beast had walked in uninvited to my event and then had the nerve to tell me that my own husband doesn't want me, I'd have grabbed her by her cheap extensions and helped her face meet the tile. These measures aren't typically necessary with fully functioning humans, but that's not Brandi. Some children need a good spanking to know how to behave, and Brandi's about at the maturity level of a toddler. 

As for Kyle, she should have just called security and had Brandi removed. If Kim wanted to follow, well that's her choice. There's no way for Kyle to win here, ever. If she talks about Kim's addiction, she's bringing attention to it and being disloyal. If she keeps quiet, she's an enabler who isn't really helping her sister. I don't envy her position. And I would NEVER have been able to keep my cool if some opportunistic interloper had the brass balls to state that, after 40 years, I wasn't there for my sister. Or that I didn't know her as well as said interloper. That shit is inexcusable.

Oh and for the record, Brandi's trashy behavior has zero to do with the "f" word. It has to do with her drinking, her vicious lies, her giddiness at ruining other people's relationships, her pathological need for attention, her joy at calling others stupid, and her sheer enjoyment at publicly questioning other people's marriages. The bad extensions and saggy boobs are just a bonus.

I'm glad Kyle flipped Kim off at the end. When someone sits back and says nothing while your family is being insulted, that person outs themselves as a sheer jackass. You've made quite a bed there, Kim. You've chosen Brandi as your bosom buddy and insulted your sister in the process. You deserve every ounce of pain and embarrassment Brandi brings your way in the near future. 

ETA: I've decided that, henceforth, I shall only refer to Brandi as "The Vacant Parasite." I think that suits her quite well.

I think that's a little harsh don't you? Parasites deserve better than being compared to Brandi.

• Love 8

But what evidence is there to support that this is just about Brandi becoming close to Kim - at least in regard to being what caused this drama?

Because Kyle keeps saying how it's wrong that Kim is letting Brandi get in between them. Because Kyle was the one that decided Brandi was the one coming between sisters and when Brandi tried to explained why she feels the need to be around for Kim Kyle didn't like it. Because in Kyle's talk with Kim she kept comparing herself and Brandi in Kim's life. Because during the fight Kyle kept reminding Brandi that she's not family and she was wrong to get in between her and her sister.  This whole fight has turned into how can Kim choose Brandi over blood.  What started it all was Kim's altered state at Poker night, what has turned it into this debacle is Kyle's theatrics and her clinging to the whole "Brandi was wrong to think she's such a force in my sisters life that she could speak on, have an opinion about or interject on anything involving my relationship with my sister" lifetime movie of the week mentality.

Her anger only became evident when Brandi tried to keep Kyle away from having a conversation with Kim

Yes, and Brandi did that because she made a judgement call based on her new forged friendship with Kim and her need to protect her friend which Kyle didn't approve of because in Kyle's mind Brandi has no right to interfere but in Brandi's mind she had every right to shield her friend sister or not. That battle of wills AKA sister vs. friend escalated to what's happening now. It boils down to Kyle not approving of Brandi's actions based on Kim and Brandi's new friendship.

• Love 4

I think the "relationship" with Adrienne was a ruse and a way to introduce Brandi into the group.  For the life of me, Adrienne has her faults but I cannot imagine her being actual "friends" with the likes of Brandi, so I tend to believe what I read, that this Adrienne and Brandi "friendship" was likely a Bravo orchestration as well.

Thanks Persnickety1.  I think you're right, because I can't see a friendship existing between them either.  I searched for any info and the only thing I found was that Brandi was "introduced" to RHOBH through Adrienne, which would also indicate a production maneuver.

• Love 2

Umbelina I loved that you transcribed it.

It oulines that Kyle continued to provoke. Done! Brandi didn't take the bait had a couple of one liners, refused to buckle to what Kyle was trying to prove and Kyle got more and more aggravated because Brandi didn't follow suit and admit she was wrong.

Can someone please explain Kyle's logic about how, well yes I pushed your hand down but YOU were the one that was aggressive?????? I mean seriously! I'm not understanding that one bit and I can't understand how Kyle even thinks that has any merit or logic. I pushed your hand down because you wouldn't let ME get into my sisters face and then YOU got real aggressive with ME... Well no shit Sherlock!!!!! I just can't with Kyle and her wack a doodle logic. Okay sure she reacts strongly (which, BTW, is the type of self reflection that I find akin to Brandi's whole truth cannon approach to her bad decisions) but then to afterwards still explain the situation in the manner like she still wasn't wrong about putting her hands on Brandi and that it was Brandi who was wrong in reacting to Kyle so "aggressively"? Self reflection would be Kyle understanding that her tendency to react so strongly contributed to the altercation because it was Kyle, no one else, tripping over themselves to aggressively get to someone, confront someone, get in someone elses space and then refused to back off until physical restrictions were used.

Honey, it's one thing to react strongly yada yada yada but it's another to reflect on it and still think that the reactions YOU provoked with your inappropriate and aggressive behavior as well as a lack of regard for someone elses personal space still translates as somehow you being wronged and needing an apology??? And no Kyle doesn't have the "automatic apology" just because she's put up with Kim for so long so she can act any ole way she pleases each and every time Kim has an episode with no limitations or any consequences for HER behavior.  Piece of work that Kyle Richards!!!!

Yes, I can explain Kyle's logic.  And yes, I've said this before.  Body blocking someone's path is aggression.  It is physical harassment.  It's intimidation.  It's a form of assault.  It is also a bullying tactic (Yep, I brought up the 'b' word but if one does any research on bullying, this is a common tactic).   It was not Brandi's decision or 'right'  to physically block Kyle from approaching Kim. 

• Love 20

My jaw hit the floor when Kim was throwing Monty under the bus like that. Monty wanted to her to go to the party. Monty gave her the pill. Monty told her it would make her feel better. And then at the poker party, Kyle made her feel bad, but only because Lisa tattled on her. Even the pizza wasn't there for her when she needed it. Typical, classic, textbook addict behavior.

I think I'm taking this too personally because of my own stuff, but I just feel horror at the idea of Monty not having what he needs when things get bad because of this crap with Kim. He seems to be doing really well, so maybe the urgency of his own situation wasn't at the forefront of his mind. Assuming Kim told the truth (ha!) and he had the monumentally bad judgement to give her a pill, he also probably didn't imagine she'd be telling people that on camera. Wow, this is low of Kim.

Edited by Found A Peanut
  • Love 5

Because Kyle keeps saying how it's wrong that Kim is letting Brandi get in between them. Because Kyle was the one that decided Brandi was the one coming between sisters and when Brandi tried to explained why she feels the need to be around for Kim Kyle didn't like it. Because in Kyle's talk with Kim she kept comparing herself and Brandi in Kim's life. Because during the fight Kyle kept reminding Brandi that she's not family and she was wrong to get in between her and her sister.  This whole fight has turned into how can Kim choose Brandi over blood.  What started it all was Kim's altered state at Poker night, what has turned it into this debacle is Kyle's theatrics and her clinging to the whole "Brandi was wrong to think she's such a force in my sisters life that she could speak on, have an opinion about or interject on anything involving my relationship with my sister" lifetime movie of the week mentality.

Yes, and Brandi did that because she made a judgement call based on her new forged friendship with Kim and her need to protect her friend which Kyle didn't approve of because in Kyle's mind Brandi has no right to interfere but in Brandi's mind she had every right to shield her friend sister or not. That battle of wills AKA sister vs. friend so it does boil down to Kyle not approving of Brandi's actions based on Kim and Brandi's new friendship.

Correct, but she didn't do that before Brandi tried to get in between them, right? She didn't have any issues with them being close or in Kim having someone she was close to on the show prior to Brandi whispering sweet nothings about how horrid Kyle was.  

• Love 6

Maybe I am supposed to feel bad for Brandi that she was so "aggressively" attacked by a bracelet, or I am supposed to be upset at Kyle for putting her pointy fingers on Brandi, but in all honestly, I don't and I'm not.  This is the woman who makes such threats as "Bring it, bitch!", "I'm going to kill you!", and "I'm going to kick/beat your ass!".  She wants to act all badass and street but then cries and whines when she gets a scratch from a bracelet while she was busy playing Keep Away with Kim.   

Brandi was both physically and verbally aggressive to Kyle, who was just, at that time, rushing out to see WTF had to be wrong with her sister, for Kim to make such a nasty "thanks" remark to her.  Brandi, in her own mind, elevated her importance in the situation between Kyle and Kim.  Kim was not helpless and Kyle was not going to hurt her.  Brandi really burns my ass with that nonsense.  Could she be more obvious? / Chandler Bing

Found A Peanut, I agree, that was low even for Kim, imo.  Do we know for a fact that Monty actually, willingly handed that pill to her?  Is this just the story she's shilling or has that been confirmed? 

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 23

Yes!  And his comments to Rocio ....

You just reminded me....I don't know if it was here or on TWOP when there was a kerfluffle about Lisa calling Rocio, 'Rosia'.  I never understood why that was so bad.

Last night we heard Yolanda call Blanca, 'Blankie' and again, I wasn't bothered in the least.  Seems to me that Yolanda and Lisa have close relationships with Blanca and Rocio and using the other names is done out of fondness and familiarity. 

• Love 5

Yes, and Brandi did that because she made a judgement call based on her new forged friendship with Kim and her need to protect her friend which Kyle didn't approve of because in Kyle's mind Brandi has no right to interfere but in Brandi's mind she had every right to shield her friend sister or not. That battle of wills AKA sister vs. friend so it does boil down to Kyle not approving of Brandi's actions based on Kim and Brandi's new friendship.

Kyle said that in response to Brandi accusing her of not being there for Kim.....ever. Brandi was the 1 that went down that path several times before Kyle said to her "your not family".

• Love 6

Thanks Persnickety1.  I think you're right, because I can't see a friendship existing between them either.  I searched for any info and the only thing I found was that Brandi was "introduced" to RHOBH through Adrienne, which would also indicate a production maneuver.

The story that both Brandi and Adrienne told initially was that Brandi was introduced to Adrienne at the party of a mutual friend. The assumption was that this friend was Geneva Wasserman, because at the time she was close to both of them (yes, the same Geneva who received the C&D letter from Adrienne warning her to stop feeding shit to Brandi). Adrienne said that she liked Brandi and felt for her because she was going through a rough time following her divorce, and that she thought that being around strong, successful woman would be good for her. She said that she floated her name to Bravo, even though they had just met the one time at that party. Supposedly Brandi was contacted by Bravo and then she threw in that she knew Cedric, which was the nugget that interested Bravo and landed her the role. Who knows if any of this is true, but both of them said this in the beginning. Adrienne wrote about it in her blog at the time. 

• Love 2

I don't feel sorry for ANY of these people because they decided to put their lives on television. All that is in the dark eventually comes to the light, particularly in the world of reality TV. If your family has secrets or even worse demons, why put your lives in front of a lens? Kyle and Kim are reprehensible.

• Love 10

breezy -- Take your word for it on the body blocking thing.  Not great for sure.  Difficult for Kyle too because in the footage we see Brandi really spins her like a little top down those steps.  She might've gotten hurt on those heels,with that hair, and at that speed.  I'm sure it was humiliating for her just on the physical side.  The impression I had was that the anger over that is what really got Kyle going again through the door and onto the driveway for round two or three.  I was impressed with Kyle's ability to handle the shove and not just flat out fall down -- even though she'd had a few drinks herself and generally tends to act like her hair is on fire when she gets pissed.          

I like all the good Yo moments ... Did like her kind of slapping some cosmetic bag into the suitcase like she was a girl in a hurry, liked her giving Blanca an appreciative and affectionate hand on the back and telling her to let the men handle the luggage, and really liked her getting into the van in her too tight pajama jeans to get the hell out of Dodge.        

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 3

Ugh, I just wish I could find the article so I could post the link.

It was really interesting and those were just a few of the nuggets it contained.  I had initially thought perhaps it was outlined in the article where Cedric discussed production setting him up to show up at the SUR opening, but it wasn't in that.  It was a different interview and actually a lot more interesting.

I'm going to do another dig into Google to try to find it.  If I do, I'll post it.

AH, my mind DOES work properly.  Found the article, it's an interesting read.  

Here's the article and the excerpt about Lisa:

6.  There are many stories re you and Brandi.  What is your relationship with Brandi?

I have no relationship with Brandi, per se.   It was all a big lie scripted by the producers to keep Lisa in check.  She was becoming very difficult and the producers resented her demands.  Brandi was the perfect foil, but they needed an organic way to bring her on to the show.  With me, they killed two birds with one stone.   They promised me the world and I reluctantly went along with the lie.  Now, if I see Brandi out and about, I say “hello” but I do not consider her a friend.

I love her honesty on the show, but she’s a bit unstable in real life.  A couple nights ago, she assaulted a friend of mine in front of a private dinner club in West Hollywood..  It was shocking.  She was drunk and slurring her words.  She kicked and punched my friend but she was such a mess we all just laughed it off.

So, needless to say, although I respect her blunt nature, she’s not my cup of tea.  But damn, she’s perfect for the show: no class. no boundaries and willing to do or say anything for attention.  Good luck to her.

Cedric most assuredly hit the nail on the head with the last part in bold.

Article link:  http://stoopidhousewives.com/2012/02/06/cedric-martinez-cedric-explains-more-about-lisa-vanderpump-russell-armstrong-exclusive-for-sh-readers-cedric-explains-his-relationship-with-brandi-glanville/

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 6

It was not Brandi's decision or 'right'  to physically block Kyle from approaching Kim.

Why not? I see something escalating between two people I try to diffuse it. I actually think it's a normal reaction for even strangers to sort of body block people when they are in the immediate space where things are about to go down and they would rather not see it happen so they try and prevent it. I really don't see it as a glaring mistake on Brandi's part. Under normal circumstance (no cameras) I wouldn't be surprised by her actions so I won't be now.

Correct, but she didn't do that before Brandi tried to get in between them, right? She didn't have any issues with them being close or in Kim having someone she was close to on the show prior to Brandi whispering sweet nothings about how horrid Kyle was.

And now Kyle has to deal with someone having an opinion of their friends sister which is her.  What’s the big? I still don’t see the need for all the outrage on Kyle’s part. Aside from being mad that an outsider may just have an opinion of her and isn’t her biggest fan. I mean it’s not like Brandi can officially keep Kyle away from Kim. Brandi doesn’t live there. Isn’t curled up on the bedroom floor guarding the door (but who knows) but seriously this is just so ridiculously blown out of proportion.

• Love 4

I don't feel sorry for ANY of these people because they decided to put their lives on television. All that is in the dark eventually comes to the light, particularly in the world of reality TV. If your family has secrets or even worse demons, why put your lives in front of a lens? Kyle and Kim are reprehensible.

I agree. You lie down with dogs, you wake up with fleas.

Rinna and Eileen better break out the flea powder. 

• Love 4

I think I'm taking this too personally because of my own stuff, but I just feel horror at the idea of Monty not having what he needs when things get bad because of this crap with Kim. He seems to be doing really well, so maybe the urgency of his own situation wasn't at the forefront of his mind. Assuming Kim told the truth (ha!) and he had the monumentally bad judgement to give her a pill, he also probably didn't imagine she'd be telling people that on camera. Wow, this is low of Kim.

In the limo ride to Eileen's house, Kim made Monty's terminal cancer and impending death all about her, "What about MY pain", "What about MY nights". Kim has no problem using Monty as an excuse to pop a pill, make herself look like a martyr or throw him under the bus for her fall off the wagon she was never on to begin with. It is never Kim's fault she got high, it is always someone else's.

• Love 4

Ugh, I just wish I could find the article so I could post the link.

It was really interesting and those were just a few of the nuggets it contained.  I had initially thought perhaps it was outlined in the article where Cedric discussed production setting him up to show up at the SUR opening, but it wasn't in that.  It was a different interview and actually a lot more interesting.

I'm going to do another dig into Google to try to find it.  If I do, I'll post it.

Have you searched the Stoopid HW site? I could swear they wrote a lot about all of this. 

• Love 2

Why not? I see something escalating between two people I try to diffuse it. I actually think it's a normal reaction for even strangers to sort of body block people when they are in the immediate space where things are about to go down and they would rather not see it happen so they try and prevent it. I really don't see it as a glaring mistake on Brandi's part. Under normal circumstance (no cameras) I wouldn't be surprised by her actions so I won't be now.

The problem with this is that Brandy was the one escalating the situation. If she had minded her own business then Kyle and Kim could have hashed out whatever problem they had. Brandy inserted herself into a situation that had nothing to do with her.

• Love 19

The story that both Brandi and Adrienne told initially was that Brandi was introduced to Adrienne at the party of a mutual friend. The assumption was that this friend was Geneva Wasserman, because at the time she was close to both of them (yes, the same Geneva who received the C&D letter from Adrienne warning her to stop feeding shit to Brandi). Adrienne said that she liked Brandi and felt for her because she was going through a rough time following her divorce, and that she thought that being around strong, successful woman would be good for her. She said that she floated her name to Bravo, even though they had just met the one time at that party. Supposedly Brandi was contacted by Bravo and then she threw in that she knew Cedric, which was the nugget that interested Bravo and landed her the role. Who knows if any of this is true, but both of them said this in the beginning. Adrienne wrote about it in her blog at the time. 

The first story Adrienne told was that her sons went to school with Brandi's sons and that was how/where they met. Another producer driven lie.

• Love 1

Maybe I am supposed to feel bad for Brandi that she was so "aggressively" attacked by a bracelet, or I am supposed to be upset at Kyle for putting her pointy fingers on Brandi, but in all honestly, I don't and I'm not.  This is the woman who makes such threats as "Bring it, bitch!", "I'm going to kill you!", and "I'm going to kick/beat your ass!".  She wants to act all badass and street but then cries and whines when she gets a scratch from a bracelet while she was busy playing Keep Away with Kim.   

Brandi was both physically and verbally aggressive to Kyle, who was just, at that time, rushing out to see WTF had to be wrong with her sister, for Kim to make such a nasty "thanks" remark to her.  Brandi, in her own mind, elevated her importance in the situation between Kyle and Kim.  Kim was not helpless and Kyle was not going to hurt her.  Brandi really burns my ass with that nonsense.  Could she be more obvious? / Chandler Bing

Found A Peanut, I agree, that was low even for Kim, imo.  Do we know for a fact that Monty actually, willingly handed that pill to her?  Is this just the story she's shilling or has that been confirmed?

So far as I know, nothing either way from Monty. He's just in an impossible position, though.

What friend WANTS their friend to think their family isn't there for them? Why is she constantly putting that in my sister's head?

This is from Kyle's blog and where I land at the end of the day. There is something really fucked with Brandi's mentality. I don't know if Eddie waving bye to her antics has caused this but she's obsessed with people 'picking' her. She has to be winner in a relationship. The one who is the closest. The one they lean on. Their go to. It's especially fucked up when you want to do it to two sisters. Family is a line never crossed. Also, if you believe Kim is so fragile, why...why on a plane would you actively tell them that their family is out to get them? Wouldn't that cause them anxiety? Stress? Act as a trigger?

I will say that I think Kyle's Achilles Heel is her inability to control her emotions. When she gets upset, she acts out - instantly, and dramatically.

Yup. It's why even when she has the upper hand she still "loses" to nasty ass Brandi. Kyle should have saved that for another day but it was like once Brandi was in her face, brought to the party by Kim after their conversation the previous day, it niggled at her until she exploded. 

The whole Max thing makes me uncomfortable. I don't blame them for being hesitant about opening this can of worms but something just rubs me the wrong way. 

The drama about a scratch from a bracelet has got to end. Brandi is acting like Kyle shanked her and left her for dead.

• Love 10

Have you searched the Stoopid HW site? I could swear they wrote a lot about all of this. 

That's where I found it.  I edited my earlier post with the link and a small excerpt up above.  

Glad to know I was remembering what Cedric said accurately.  Sometimes I feel almost as addled as Kim.

Almost.  

• Love 2