Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E05: Week 5

• Start Topic

Taking everything we know so far about Kelsey- her behavior on this episode, the bizarre obituary, her under-construction-until-March website that's all about "her story."  I'm thinking she came in thinking everyone was going to be so bowled over by her "story" and her triumph over adversity by finding love again that there's no way she could lose.  In that scenario, she wouldn't need to go back to her school job, because she'd become the next Elizabeth Gilbert, inspiring women everywhere to live their lives to the fullest.  She was clearly strategic in wanting to deploy her secret weapon- her story- until the right time, not just on the first day.  And the obituary suggests her narcissism didn't just appear as a grief mechanism.

From her IMDB, which she clearly wrote herself:

By day a school counselor, by night an advocating blogger, Kelsey Poe creates a paradoxical world by expanding her horizons. Kelsey's personal story is as dynamic as her personality. Having lost her spouse at age 27, Kelsey pursues a platform to promote advocacy for the bereaved. She pushes the "life" agenda: every day should be about challenging oneself to become better, connecting with other people, and saying yes to adventure. Her next journey is appearing on a network television program to try her hand at finding love again.

Because what every person in the grip of grief needs is oh-so-amazing-Kelsey... advocating for them.  

Sick.

I am creating a paradoxical world by being a generally peaceful person who'd like to dump cold water on her head, yelling "Snap out of it!" 

• Love 2

I just rewatched the scene with Kelsey where she goes to his room.  Yes I have no life.

They have like no connection whatsoever.  When they kiss it is just pecks no tongue, no passion.  Then when they pull back he says "Thank you for coming here.  Shall we?" He gives the cue like it's time to leave.  HJNIY

• Love 3

Much like Emily (who I liked), Kelsey tells her amazing story the same way each time. "It was a beautiful day and he was walking to work...." I've been fortunate to not have lost a spouse or fiancé (having one first would a requirement, heh) so I'm not judging the story, but I'd be aware on camera I verbatim said it the same way multiple times. Like when you're telling a friend a story and the brain goes "shit, I've told her this already".

How in the fuck could she not know what he died of?

[snip]

As always, I question whether it was the pinot grigio or real on Mondays, but damn it I liked Carly. I was buying what she was selling. She physically looked like Jane K as said here plus I got some Anna Farris vibes. Somehow I believed her amazing story instead of being my cold, cynical bachelor self.

I'm a few years older than Whitney and I find her maturity annoying. Her golden rule bullshit, while admirable, reads fake to me. I'm with Rainsong on this one. I like Kaitlyn. She's the good mix of fun and not an idiot (yet).

I've said it before, but will echo the previous poster, Britt isn't beautiful to me either. I mean, yes, she's atteactive, but doesn't have that "it factor" at all for me.

I can't remember which episode (pinot) but I saw a gorgeous brunette with light eyes. Who the hell was she? I'm fairly certain I've never seen her talk before. Dude, Chris, from a hetero girl here, get on that!

Edited by Rhondinella

I can't remember which episode (pinot) but I saw a gorgeous brunette with light eyes. Who the hell was she? I'm fairly certain I've never seen her talk before. Dude, Chris, from a hetero girl here, get on that!

I think that is the mythical Samantha I have heard mentioned on the boards. I do wish that Chris would at least get on talking to that at the very least. Poor girl has gotten like ten seconds of airtime, and has barely spoken that I can recall. Guess she's not a virgin, or a widow, or so repulsive no man will touch her. Poor, normal girl. With no "amazing story" she doesn't stand a chance.

Edited by Mabinogia
  • Love 3

I think that is the mythical Samantha I have heard mentioned on the boards. I do wish that Chris would at least get on talking to that at the very least. Poor girl has gotten like ten seconds of airtime, and has barely spoken that I can recall. Guess she's not a virgin, or a widow, or so repulsive no man will touch her. Poor, normal girl. With no "amazing story" she doesn't stand a chance.

I guess so! So her name is Samantha. Hope she gets some screen time.

In non Bachelor life, unless I'm just a bitch, the reverse is true. I remember in early 20s dating a guy who told me his mom would leave and he at one point ate dehydrated strawberries from a cake mix (the hell?). While sad, I was like I have to get rid of him, and fast. Maybe the sad people in life meet their kindred spirits? Just tell their amazing stories to each other? Bonus if there was a death, but you can't remember why. But what it did to ME! And I survived! Sanderson Poe died, but I did not, I'm essentially Jesus and Buddha together because I have paddle boarded and vomited my ego on all I've met. My name is Kelsey and I am fucking amazing.

[snip]

Edited by Rhondinella
  • Love 1

Hey everyone, let's be cautious about accusing someone of murder (i.e., Kelsey) when there is no kind of proof of that whatsoever, even if it's done in jest, as I think it was at first.   It's getting out of hand and bordering on (or crossed into) libel territory.  I will edit and/or delete any posts that do this without notice.  Thanks.

Edited to add:  Wishing death on someone, no matter how crazy, should be avoided also.

• Love 2

From the first night I've thought Britt was playing a very calculated game, using all the, " Ten Ways to Drive Men Wild," tips from the Cosmo articles.  She has the long blonde hair even if she had to attach it with clips, the big red lips and lots of tight, bright clothes. She uses all the body language tricks, the twenty second hugs, the long lingering eye contact, the touching hands.  She expresses fascination and excitement over every little thing he says and does with squeals of pleasure and jaw dropped amazement. She puts make-up on before bed, just in case, and wants whatever he wants from balloon rides to hundreds of kids. The only time she slipped was when she complained to Chris about Kaitlyn  and she immediately realized she'd made a mistake.

In view of all that I'm wondering; could she be not bathing on purpose to maximize her pheromone power?  Napoleon famously wrote Josephine from a campaign, "I will return to Paris tomorrow evening. Don't wash."   In fact he preferred that she not wash for at least five days prior to his visits  and Josephine once said that Napoleon didn't just love her, he worshipped her. 

Just a thought, you never know what it might take to stand out from the crowd when you don't even have a dead husband.

• Love 7

Methinks you're giving Britt too much credit. I fear it's less The Bard or pheremones and more...

"I look like Nick Lachey's wife and have great hair. It will be Hahahaha High Larious if I portray a girl who doesn't shower. Maybe the hippies will think it's cool plus I will look easygoing and amazing. I am amazing. Low maintenance and this beautiful? Unheard of! And can take or leave acrophobia, pfft. Just depends on how it works to my favorl"

Eta: Realize Napoleon is not Shakespeare, but it felt right

Edited by KnoxForPres
  • Love 1
I'm rather pissed and perplexed as to why they threw Britt under the bus with stinky gate.

Just speculation, but I am guessing Britt is being given the smelly edit because

she voluntarily leaves the show in one of the next few episodes

. That is why I think her stock as the next Bachelorette is not only plummeting but being sold short by TPTB.

but damn it I liked Carly. I was buying what she was selling. She physically looked like Jane K as said here plus I got some Anna Farris vibes.

Carly has got a real Jane Krakowski thing going (but younger, cuter, and less annoying). I'm not feeling the Anna Faris vibes, but I am starting to see a dash of Hope Davis. Or maybe it's because Hope Davis is on NBC's new The Americans ripoff, whose name I haven't bothered to remember. Either way, Hope Davis is reminding me of Carly, and that's a good thing. 

Edited by reggiejax

I just rewatched the scene with Kelsey where she goes to his room.  Yes I have no life.

They have like no connection whatsoever.  When they kiss it is just pecks no tongue, no passion.  Then when they pull back he says "Thank you for coming here.  Shall we?" He gives the cue like it's time to leave.  HJNIY

Yes, watching that scene, it is obvious that he is NOT into her at all. And I think he was a bit taken aback that she dumped that whole "tragic" story on him, and then immediately went in for the kiss, while he was just thinking she wanted a hug and some sympathy. He couldn't wait to get her out of there. In the meantime, she thinks she's totally got it in the bag. Major disconnect.

• Love 3

Because what every person in the grip of grief needs is oh-so-amazing-Kelsey... advocating for them.  

I think that's actually what I find the strangest about her "amazing story" and how she's exploiting it (website, herself as an advocate for the bereaved, etc).

Because she's been in the house with another young widow who is clearly still struggling with grief and shock over his death, and Kelsey made NO effort to offer her support or encouragement. Her big "reveal" came as a total surprise to everyone and was, as it seemed, trotted out when it was only because she was afraid Chris was going to send her home otherwise. Why didn't she ever feel like reaching out to Juelia if she's this big "bereavement advocate and helper"?

So. Fake. She looked shocked that Chris talked about their time together (I hope that was it) and the panic attack looked completely contrived (apparently CH felt the same about it, mentioning how she'd turned off, then back on, the microphone for it). I wish Chris would send her home next but, sadly, he probably is afraid that would make him seem insensitive and he doesn't want people to hate him like they did Juan Pablo.

Britt would have been a perfect B-ette, imo, but misplayed it completely by doing something eccentric that would reflect poorly on her (the lapsed showering, for whatever reason) and by being too intimate, too soon, when she really doesn't seem to feel anything for Chris at all. (She even said something strange after the "nap" like, "Well, now the unthinkable is possible and maybe I would be interested in him after all"--something indicating to me she really didn't/doesn't feel it and is just using it all as an opportunity.) Even Sharleen in her blog feels Britt's so fake and she goes over backwards to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

• Love 7

Carly could be pretty if she fixed that eyebrow situation. Did she shave off her eyebrows so she has to draw them in or is she just too heavy handed at enhancing them?

I think she has weirdly shaped eyebrows, and she tweezes them wrong.  Getting her brows done professionally would enhance her appearance a lot.   Most women don't need to get their eyebrows shaped, but she does.  

• Love 3

Because she's been in the house with another young widow who is clearly still struggling with grief and shock over his death, and Kelsey made NO effort to offer her support or encouragement. Her big "reveal" came as a total surprise to everyone and was, as it seemed, trotted out when it was only because she was afraid Chris was going to send her home otherwise. Why didn't she ever feel like reaching out to Juelia if she's this big "bereavement advocate and helper"?

This is such an EXCELLENT point.   If you are an advocate, you don't pick & choose who is worthy, based on YOUR strategic plan. 

• Love 3

Late to the party but yes I said right away that Britt would be freaking out about a hot air balloon ride if she was really afraid of heights. To me that would be the scariest thing next to skydiving or bungy jumping. And I call BS on the no showers. Unless she is washing her hair in the sink otherwise unwashed hair would look pretty greasy and hers looks clean. Dry shampoo doesn't work that well either. I wash mine every other day (I shower every day though!) and by the end of the unwashed day it would never look as shiny as Britts. I hope she at least changes her underwear each day!

Edited by Laurie4H

How exactly does one advocate for the bereaved?    Every single person who has or will live will be bereaved at least once in their lives.   There doesn't seem to be a need to advocate for every last person on the planet.   We are all bereaved. 

Kelsey is advocating for Kelsey and her brilliant new career, but I don't think anything will come of it other than ridicule.    I must say that she is a very classy and put together looking woman.   Shame  she's crazier than a shit house rat. 

• Love 5
How exactly does one advocate for the bereaved?    Every single person who has or will live will be bereaved at least once in their lives.   There doesn't seem to be a need to advocate for every last person on the planet.   We are all bereaved.

I agree.  A counselor, I understand.  But "advocate"  implies something like, fighting for rights, or legal protection, or something  - I'm not aware that there is a need.  And you're right - everyone is bereaved.  I have a sibling who died several years ago.  I never needed an advocate. 

• Love 3

I think she's just using a lot of words that she's heard, but they don't mean what she must think they mean. "She creates a paradoxical world by expanding her horizons." Say what? Maybe she has a word-a-day calendar and just used the month of June in her bio.

• Love 6

Also persistently weird about her is that I don't think she correctly remembered what her husband died of. If it was Congestive Heart Failure, I'd be very surprised because that's just not something that suddenly shows up "one day" and kills you. There are symptoms as your heart gradually gets weaker over time. I just got a funny feeling from her that she was having trouble remembering--and then got it wrong. Weird.

I would think it would be a congenital heart condition, something he was born with that they might have been unaware of that caused his sudden death. Congestive heart failure means the heart is not pumping strongly enough, but still pumping. 

And while I was looking up heart conditions I looked up paradoxical. 

Paradoxical: seemingly absurd or self-contradictory. 

Hence: She creates a seemingly absurd or self-contradictory world by expanding her horizons. Still nuts.

• Love 3

Carly said on Twitter that she is hypothyroid and her brows don't grow.

I am very hypothyroid and my brows haven't grown in 20 years, and I have the same unfortunate shape (but not as bad). So I feel her pain and completely am living her brow situation. We can tweeze, but then they will be just gone instead of growing back. And I am on lots of thyroid meds!

ETA Kelsey is a nutter. I lived in Austin for many years and am ashamed for my favorite city in the world. Keep Austin Weird? Sure. But not that weird.

Edited by Moooeymoo
  • Love 2

I would think it would be a congenital heart condition, something he was born with that they might have been unaware of that caused his sudden death. Congestive heart failure means the heart is not pumping strongly enough, but still pumping. 

And while I was looking up heart conditions I looked up paradoxical. 

Paradoxical: seemingly absurd or self-contradictory. 

Hence: She creates a seemingly absurd or self-contradictory world by expanding her horizons. Still nuts.

Yes -- a congenital heart condition. That makes sense. I found out one of my college roommates died a few years ago from an undetected heart condition. She died very quickly and unexpectedly. 

My mother had congestive heart failure. It was a prolonged illness. 

Edited by jackjill89
  • Love 1

I have hypothyroidism that I take meds for but I have to wax my eyebrows every 2 weeks they grow so fast and bushy. So I guess it affects everyone differently. Usually people struggle with their weight. As for Jordan coming back. I'm sure it wasn't Chris's idea to let her hang around for a while but the producers to cause more drama.

I think she's just using a lot of words that she's heard, but they don't mean what she must think they mean. "She creates a paradoxical world by expanding her horizons." Say what? Maybe she has a word-a-day calendar and just used the month of June in her bio.

It's all just word salad, and meaningless.

Now I'm curious about the supposed friend that "nominated" her to be on the show.  From her IMDB page:

Did not apply to be a participant on The Bachelor, was nominated by a friend.

So she didn't WANT to do it, but a friend's "nomination" put her there?  Really?  People are simply forced to be on the show, because a "friend" thinks they should be?  *LOL*

I imagine that "friend" didn't expect the negative reactions & backlash to Kelsey's AMAZING! story.  She may have shut down her Twitter, but I'm sure she's got huge traffic on her Facebook page, Instagram, Sanderson's obituary, her IMDB page, etc.  And the theory of insatiable curiosity guarantees her soon-to-be-released blog is going to be flooded with hits when/if it goes live. 

She may have actually gotten the attention she wanted from this.  Just not as positively viewed as she'd like.

• Love 1

Carly said on Twitter that she is hypothyroid and her brows don't grow.

I had no idea that connection existed. That said, it's not that her brows are too thin or sparse; it's that they are terribly shaped. There should never be a right angle there.

• Love 1

I'm really late to the game this week. Can you believe, work has kept me too busy? I know, right? (TM Emily)

The Sex/Emotional Therapist made me so uncomfortable I was shouting at my television to STOP IT! What a humiliating experience. Although it did perfectly set Carly up to be next b-ette now that we know she has self-esteem issues and problems with intimacy. She makes the PERFECT b-ette, ala Ashley, so we can see her being damaged for life when all the bachelors get out of that limo and tell her, "Oh, it's you. I only signed up because I thought it would be Britt." 

I love Britt's hair, real or not. But I was fascinated by the Sumo Wrestler bun she had it in. Can anyone tell me how she did that?

And please, she had to have known Chris was coming for her pre-dawn. I did love her giving Chris the "full moon" in those tight red pants that slid down and her top rode up as she bent over to get in the car, right in front of Chris. I'm guessing he noticed.

Her enthusiasm over the balloon ride was fun, even if she was acting. Too funny that she went from hysterical "I'M TERRIFIED OF HEIGHTS" sobbing to being the most excited b-ette EVAH to go on any date, much less one that involved heights. The closed door in Chris' private room and their macking beforehand gives Britt the F1 edit. 

I laughed during the "OHmmmm" Sex Therapy session because Chris not only has a girl's giggle, he has a falsetto voice otherwise, his was the highest one in the room during that (embarrassing) session. Which makes him the perfect match for Whitney, she of the helium vocals.

Speaking of Whitney, what's up with her pitch-black eyebrows? They don't go with her straw-blond hair. Which makes me send a comment to the poster who prefers blonds: Lock them all in a room for a couple of months and, voila, no more blonds. So there's that.

As for Kelsey ... gesh. Can she be gone, like now? How sad is this season that HER STORY has to be stretched into two weeks.

I cannot even comment on the b-ette who thinks Santa Fe is in Mexico and is a beach resort. Oh, wait: Make that SantE Fe.

There are some other b-ettes on this show, but I don't have a clue who they are. Filler, I guess.

Late to the party but yes I said right away that Britt would be freaking out about a hot air balloon ride if she was really afraid of heights. To me that would be the scariest thing next to skydiving or bungy jumping. And I call BS on the no showers. Unless she is washing her hair in the sink otherwise unwashed hair would look pretty greasy and hers looks clean. Dry shampoo doesn't work that well either. I wash mine every other day (I shower every day though!) and by the end of the unwashed day it would never look as shiny as Britts. I hope she at least changes her underwear each day!

I don't know, I believe it. I wash my hair *maybe* once a week. It's probably closer to a week and a half. And it's never looked better or healthier: super shiny and bouncy. I have really thick, wavy hair that doesn't get greasy, even through workouts (thanks, mom!). And isn't the shooting schedule a lot more condensed than the weekly episodes would have us think? She's probably gone a week and a half without a shampoo, so I buy it.

• Love 4

I don't know, I believe it. I wash my hair *maybe* once a week. It's probably closer to a week and a half. And it's never looked better or healthier: super shiny and bouncy. I have really thick, wavy hair that doesn't get greasy, even through workouts (thanks, mom!). And isn't the shooting schedule a lot more condensed than the weekly episodes would have us think? She's probably gone a week and a half without a shampoo, so I buy it.

Yeah, same. Lots of people have hair that really doesn't need to be washed that frequently (mine actually looks way worse if I wash it every day). 

Going back to Kelsey, I really have to wonder about her repeatedly saying her husband's full name, "I was married to Sanderson Poe," etc. It really makes me think that she was speaking just for the cameras and viewers at home, giving his full name so that people could google him and read more about her AMAZING story.

• Love 4

How sad is this season that HER STORY has to be stretched into two weeks.

It's TV gold for the producers and ABC.  And it's going on next week too. 

Now that we've had the big Kelsey dead husband reveal, I'm wondering if HIS family is going to take to social media in his defense, the way the family of Juelia's dead husband did.  I can't think they would be thrilled at the way Kelsey has used him as a prop to illustrate her amazing story. 

Maybe she told them exactly what she was going to do and they supported her.  But to the general public, his death seems to have brought HER a lot of attention, and I imagine the rest of his family as well.

Late to the party but yes I said right away that Britt would be freaking out about a hot air balloon ride if she was really afraid of heights. To me that would be the scariest thing next to skydiving or bungy jumping.

Here's my story, because this thread is all about ME, right? Oh, wait ... for a minute there I was transported into Kelsey's body.

Anyway: I have terrible vertigo. So bad that I collapsed walking over the Royal Gorge Bridge in Colorado. I literally had to be carried off. And I really do mean literally. I about pass out climbing a ladder. I hyperventilate and get shaky looking over a second-floor balcony.

So ... a few years ago I was photographing a balloon race in Iowa when a balloon pilot spotted me and asked me to ride with him to get shots from the air. I said yes, got in the gondola, put a DEATH GRIP on its rim, and we rose up into the air. Within minutes, I was relaxed and enjoying one of the best experiences I've ever had. It's magical up there.

Note, however, that my eased nerves only happened AFTER we were airborne and not while i was standing next to the gondola. I was NOT jumping up and down with excitement. So, I call BS on Britt's fear of heights. Unless you've been ballooning before, you have no idea what to expect.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 6

It's unfair for me to question when it's "right" for a widow to start think of dating again, since everyone's grieving process is different. But it's odd to jump into the deep end by going on a reality show less than 2 years after your spouse passed away, especially since he died so suddenly. There's a difference between telling friends and loved ones, "I think I'm ready to start dating again…anyone you know that I might hit if off with?" and potentially hooking up with the Bachelor on national TV.

Plus, Chris Soules is offering a very specific life experience that few of these women seem up for in the long run. Kelsey was married to a jazz musician. She lives in Austin. She works in education, and (between that and living in Austin) I would assume has a more progressive bent politically than Chris. It's weird that she would stage a panic attack over a man that, at least on paper, she wouldn't be suited for and vice versa. As for a friend "nominating" her to be on the show, I don't buy it. But if this was all for attention and publicity, what is she hoping to get out of it? She's not a Real Housewive, selling cookbooks, a QVC jewelry line, or a Skinnygirl Margarita. Increased traffic to her "advocacy blog?"

I hope she has a friend back home who will gently guide her to match.com. 

My vertigo is pretty much like Saber's.  I think it's a fear of falling more than heights so I'm fine in a plane but get a little clutch of fear getting off a bus, but as Saber says, I would never even think of testing it in a balloon.  In other Amazing Me, news I have hypothyroidism, full eyebrows but no leg hair at all!  I love my leg hair story.

As for a friend "nominating," her to be on the show

Don't they have to submit videos and whatnot?  Wonder what Kelsey thought that was all about? 

Edited by JudyObscure
  • Love 5

It's weird that she would stage a panic attack over a man that, at least on paper, she wouldn't be suited for and vice versa.

And she hardly even knows him.  She's never had a date with him or spent more than just a few minutes with him. That's a serious reaction in those circumstances IF it wasn't staged. But I think it was.

Increased traffic to her "advocacy blog?"

I think so.  She's got everything set up to go "Live" post-show to become a "personality".  I don't see her going back to being a school guidance counselor in any form.  In fact, IS she back at her previous school, is she on a leave of absence or did she quit? THAT will illustrate her real plans.

I think somebody needs to create a support group for friends & family of Reality show participants.  Help them cope with the backlash and consequences when a loved-one embarrasses the entire family on national TV.  THAT is probably an underserved group.  Hell, it could include at least 75% of the friends & family of people from this franchise!

• Love 5

My vertigo is pretty much like Saber's.  I think it's a fear of falling more than heights so I'm fine in a plane but get a little clutch of fear getting off a bus, but as Saber says, I would never even think of testing it in a balloon.  In other Amazing Me, news I have hypothyroidism, full eyebrows but no leg hair at all!  I love my leg hair story.

Don't they have to submit videos and whatnot?  Wonder what Kelsey thought that was all about? 

I am so damn jealous of your leg hair story!   If only I had a great leg hair story, I could get some alone time with Chris!

My vertigo occurs only over deep water.   Or deepish water.    The 7  mile bridge in the Keys is my personal hell.

Oh, and rogaine grows brow hair back.   it also gives you the most prodigious yeti fur on your arms.

Edited by Mu Shu

I think Britt is so fake, including the fear of heights. When she said something like, "Everything changed today. Now the previously unimaginable seems possible--that I could actually wind up falling for Chris." That's paraphrased, but whatever she said made it sound like she really had no interest in him before but...maybe...now...if he's lucky....Oh, wait, nah (but she might reach her real goal anyway: to be the next TBette). So fake.

Why is her story so amazing? She is not the only widow in the group and Juliet (I can't remember her name) was far more sympathetic -- and she was sent home. Why would Crazy Kelsey think sharing this would ensure her a golden ticket...or Rose?

That's a good question. I don't know why she thinks it makes her so special or why MacKen and Ashley agree. I was thinking maybe Chris would feel more attracted to the women who -didn't- keep bringing all the emotional dramas.

I don't understand how she already knew about Juelia's story--the shock of her husband killing himself soon after their baby was born--which is a pretty awful story, much more "dramatic" than hers. And yet, apparently, Kelsey had no reaction to it or Juelia's suffering as a result and felt no impulse to reach out to her.. I still really can't get over her being there and hearing what Juelia had been through, seeing how upset she still is by it (understandably), and not showing the empathy to talk with her, even if it just meant encouraging her that her life could go on just as Kelsey's (so amazingly) already had.

That's what makes me dislike "her story" so much. She seems to be using Sanderson Poe's death as a way to make Chris keep her around and to become famous enough that her website will attract attention and some kind of public authority. Even the way she talked about their relationship was annoying.

Edited by Padma
  • Love 6

I don't think Kelsey's friend nominated her to be on The Bachelor.  I think her friend nominated her to be the next Bachelorette.  And I think her "story"  had to be told on The Bachelor in order for people to know who she is, kind of an audition for the B'ette.   
When Kelsey freaked out about getting a chance to tell Chris her story, what she really meant was she needed a chance to tell Chris her story ON TV.  

I think both Kelsey and Britt aren't taking this show seriously, they have each been "auditioning"  to be the next B'ette, and the producers have directed them to act a certain way.  Britt was acting when she claimed to be afraid of heights.  Kelsey's "panic attack"  was her acting debut.  

I believe that each season, some of the players are cast in certain roles, they are not going to "win"  and don't even really want to.  Neither Britt nor Kelsey is right for Chris, neither one can convince herself that she will give up her lifestyle for the wife of a farmer in Iowa. That's not what they are there for.  

Edited by backformore
  • Love 4

Well if course she's mistaken. How he died isn't about Kelsy, so that's an irksome detail which is easy to overlook since it's all about Kelsy.

I think she gave his full name since he was a musician people may have heard of. She didn't get any recognition from Chris, but she was banking on the audience either recognizing the name, or googling it. Shady heifer.

• Love 4

Just finished watching this episode and without having read your comments, I just want to say: Wow. This show becomes more and more directed by the producers. I'm starting to wonder if anything I've seen and heard at all is actually the truth. What shocked me most was Kelsey saying "Isn't my story great? I mean, tragic, but also great!". I was expecting her to reveal right then and there that her story was not even true. Only then would I be a bit of OK with her statement. But no, her story is true and the truth is she uses her husband's tragic death to continue being in a show. I mean, it's obvious you don't have self respect. Can't you show respect for the parents of this poor guy who lost their son in such a young age? Isn't there no shame in this world anymore?

What can I say about Britt? I was the one who really adored her the first day and wanted to believe that she was not an actress, she was a real person who wanted to find love (the way we have ridiculed this word in this show is something infuriating but anyway). But if what the girls said is true, that she doesn't wash, she sleeps with her make up on and she is not interested in getting married or having kids, her lying about this to Chris, I will just be disappointed once more in this show.

The only moments I enjoyed were when Chris had the date with Carly, after the weird yoga whatever thing that I didn't even watch cause it was at least uncomfortable, I liked Chris for some moments there and I started to wonder if he is really serious about this and I have misunderstood him. The only way he proves me wrong will be if he chooses one girl at the end who is not there for the show and who honestly wants to get married. But we'll have to wait and see.

• Love 1

I am so damn jealous of your leg hair story!   If only I had a great leg hair story, I could get some alone time with Chris!

Hey, I have the bad vertigo and no leg hair. Are they perhaps connected? Maybe that's why Britt said she didn't shave her legs.

Although it did perfectly set Carly up to be next b-ette...

Do NOT say that, even in jest! This commenter will be hard-pressed to go on living, much less posting.

What? I was the one who thought the Sex Therapy session set Carly up to be next b-ette. Bugs, my comment had nothing to do with you, it was an original thought. I came up with it all by myself, knowing that this show likes to belittle women (or, "girls") and creates drahmah based on making "the girls" feel crummy.

Last time I checked, I was still breathing. No need to send Kelsey's EMTs to my house. Yet, anyway.

Besides, Bugs, you know I am all about Britt for next b-ette. I love her (fake) enthusiasm and Sumo Wrestler hair! And don't worry: TPTB on this show never pay attention to me. Which maybe means neither Carly NOR Britt will be the b-ette. ACK!

I will need CPR if Kelsey is chosen to "continue her journey" though.

Edited by saber5055

I just don't see Carly having the personality to carry the show.  Even though the lead is always secondary to the contestants, Carly seems to have a level of neediness and insecurity that overshadows her positive attributes.  

She had a boyfriend that didn't touch her for 18 months.  Does that showcase that she's a independent and spirited woman that has decided it's time for HER to choose her mate, or does it indicate that she's easily swayed by a more dominant partner? 

She's a sweetie, but I can see her easily being overwhelmed by the demands put on the lead.

Has the bachelor ever done or talked about a LGBT bachelor season or have a sister show do that? Random question

Rule of thumb if you say someone isn't real. chances are you are not real, ahsley is like a kdrama villian

Brett wearing make up in bed? What is this? The movie Bridemaids? Also do the girls have to share a bed together?  Brett you look vulunber waking up? HAHAHAHA I would kill to look like your "waking up" moment all "messy"

Please ABC if you went to bed wearing make up it would smudge and your pores would be a mess

Yum nothing like making out after hearing a story about a young man dying too soon. Those are the best? Did she just have mental  break down there? Written in the story? Oh boy..

Edited by JellyFishQueen

From strictly a logic standpoint, if they featured a gay bachelor as lead, why would his presumably gay contestants wait around for dates & attention from him when they could just hook up with each other?   The same goes for a lesbian or Bi lead.  

ABC is owned by Disney.  No way they are EVER going to promote a non-heterosexual season for this franchise.   

• Love 5