Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E05: Week 5

• Start Topic

From her IMBD, this breaking news:

Did not apply to be a participant on The Bachelor, was nominated by a friend.

Oh, that changes everything!!!

Seriously, that IMBD is golden! 

How about this dramatic use. Of periods.

Moved to Sarasota, Florida two weeks after graduating high school. Alone. With only $1,000 to her name.

Hahahaha! I see an appearance on Bachelor in Paradise in her future.

• Love 7

While I feel for anyone who loses a loved one…Kelsey, your story is not "amazing." There's not even enough in there for a Lifetime movie. You are hardly the first young woman to lose her husband prematurely. (Becoming a widow on your honeymoon when your new husband gets attacked by a shark? Now that's a story.)

Also, using her "story" to win Chris over was just all kinds of icky and manipulative. She wanted a pity rose, in other words. Maybe she'll last one more round but that was a fatal move. Men don't like to see women cry - it's in their nature to want to fix things, and when a woman is crying, it makes them feel helpless. (Or so Mr. Archer tells me.) And why did she use his full name, Sanderson Poe, while talking to Chris? Weird. I'm okay with someone sharing their story if it comes up organically, but she used her widowhood as a prop and as a way to get sympathy.

Carly reminds me a bit of Jane Krakowski.

Is it possible that Britt takes baths instead of showers?? Maybe she takes sponge baths? I also wondered if maybe she uses Wen, which allows you to skip a few days within washing your hair. There's no way she sleeps in makeup and doesn't have crappy skin, especially if she's not bathing. 

• Love 1

My thought, too, is that maybe Britt takes sponge baths. Especially if there is a bidet in that big house, she can thoroughly cover all the bases. Maybe her hair is hard to maintain between washes and she doesn't want get into a steamy shower. They've said she doesn't shower. They haven't said she stinks.

I'm predicting Whitney for the winner. She may be too good for him but she doesn't think so. She seems to be there for the guy and not to be the next bachelorette . She is also mature and kind and has a very natural personality, unlike some of the whiners and schemes on the show.

• Love 3

Oh, how could I forget to comment about yoga sex pervert's really bad wig? 

Kelsey is really nuts.    Not fun nuts, but creepy and gross nuts.  She's practically gleeful that her husband died and left her with a wonderful story, and cynic that I am,  probably a life insurance payout.  That Obit is freaking bizarre, it's more about her than him. 

• Love 5

OMG I can't wait to see Ashley I explode when she gets eliminated.  She is not going to be graceful about it at all. Whitney on the other hand, is very smart the way she plays the game.  How does Britt not smell? They have been there 5 weeks, I am not buying the whole not showering thing.  And her Faux fear of heights was BS. She was my odds on favorite for the next Bachelorette, but now I think Kaitlyn would be  a much better choice. she doesn't give 2 F*C%S and I lover her.   

• Love 2

I really started to like Carly during her date with Chris. She definitely has shown a sense of humor in past episodes, but sharing her insecurity over being intimate made her more of a real person in my eyes. However, I got annoyed when she threw a fit over Chris coming in the room for Britt. Clearly he's dating other women, that's the point of the entire show. And he's going to kiss other women. Deal with it.

That's why I think later in the episode Carly told everyone that Britt is fake and doesn't want a family. Even if Britt lied about wanting children to get on the show, why would she tell that to Carly? It doesn't make sense to me.

Unpopular opinion, but I enjoy watching Ashley I. freak out every episode. For as much talking as she does about Chris needing to be with a "real" girl, she presents herself much differently around him. She just comes off as extremely insecure and immature compared to some of the women that are younger than her. Still, there's something about her I like... and she really does look like a Disney princess.

Kelsey is scary. That's all I have to say about that.

• Love 2

I think when Kelsey was all "I have to tell Chris my story right now" she meant, shit, I'm not getting a rose this week and I haven't had a chance to tell the audience my awesome story so they will flock to my website when it's up to read all about it. That had nothing to do with letting Chris know and everything to do with her realizing she hasn't had a chance to milk it for all it's worth yet. Sure, she was hoping the sob story would get her another week, and it just might, if not that, then the collapse might earn her a sympathy rose, but being on this show was clearly all about building her brand, even more so, I feel now, than Britt. I think if Britt were trying to build a brand she wouldn't be so vocal about not showering. It's not a terrible thing, IMO, so long as she is cleaning herself and doesn't stink, but it's not something that is going to endear her to the viewers.

A lot of add shit has been going down this season. Like Ashley I's total and utter delusion, Kelsey's delight at having a great story and basically disregarding the cost it came at, the worlds sluttiest virgin, again, Ashley I. Britt the stunning very well groomed being unbathed. It's all just so...off. And the most mature of the bunch sounds like Minnie Mouse. Crazy Eyes Ashley is starting to look normal.

• Love 9
If anything, it would make him less likely to pursue her knowing this is only 18th months behind her. It is a signal to back away or run!

I wonder if this is one of those things that men and women don't understand about each other.  Do women hear about a dead spouse and conclude that he's willing to go 'all the way'.  Not our all the way, your all the way.  Cuz we men think 'I wonder if she's really over her husband' and seriously doubt that she could be.  May not be a deal breaker but it sure wouldn't make me want to suck face like right now.

Edited by henripootel
  • Love 3

Kelsey posted this on her Facebook page:

I wear widowhood as a badge of honor. I was there until death do us part. No one can take that away from me.

Ugh. She's bragging about being a widow, like it's all about her. Makes me wonder if she wasn't ready to break up with her husband, but the decision was taken out of her hands when he keeled over. Note to Kelsey: NO one is trying to take anything away from you that you haven't already devalued by your own words and behavior.

• Love 17

My favorite part of the episode has to be the cut from Kelsey writhing and making orgasm noises on the floor to the girls utterly not caring and rolling their eyes. May just have been editing, but awesome nonetheless!

• Love 6

She was married for four freaking years! Not that she couldn't have been deeply grieving (even though I've so far seen no evidence of it) after that time, but "I was there till 'death do us part'"?  She didn't unselfishly and kindly nurse him through a long llness (like one woman I know) nor was she in the car with him when someone hit them and killed him (like another woman I know). 'Death do us part' was four years of 'normal life' and he died while out walking while she was somewhere else.

Everything she says, even trying to stand up for herself, misses the whole point of the experience, again and again. (Hint: Kelsey, your husband's death at 46 really wasn't...isn't...all that much about you! Nor is it "amazing" and no one can understand why you would say "I love my story!" so happily or joke for people to "tune in at 8 p.m.".) 

Even Chris Harrison seems to dislike an unusually high number of these women this season. What a group!

ETA: To clarify. As I said above, I'm not taking issue with the time she was married, but with the over-dramatic use of "I was there till 'death do us part'" which makes it sound like some incredible (1) length of time and/or (2) dramatic commitment on her part. From what she's said and written, she was married to him for four years and he died suddenly while not with her. It would be very sad to lose your husband after only four years of marriage but, again, I just take exception to the self-aggrandizement of saying, "I was there till death do us part" as if its some badge of honor to have been married four years.

I don't know why she thinks his death reflects on her in any way at all, much less is "her" story, that she loves to tell (in a completely shallow way, imo.) She told Chris and the women nothing about her struggles "surviving grief" or whatever the blog is supposed to be about. And I find it very telling that although she knew there was another grieving widow in the house with her, she didn't reach out to help Juelia at all (I'm sure we would know if she did because the women would have known Kelsey's "story" much earlier, too.  I think she was saving it up, like virginity, as a trump card to play before being sent home.)  I'm sure she'll spin this at TWTA or post-show, but it's going to be a hard sell.

Edited by Padma
  • Love 4

I think Chris H know they cast a higher percentage of unsuitables than usual for this season.  Drunks, crazies, widows, children and virgins.  Seriously? And the fact that the crazies overlap the widows, drunks, children and virgins is just mind-boggling! 

• Love 3

I think Chris H know they cast a higher percentage of unsuitables than usual for this season.  Drunks, crazies, widows, children and virgins.  Seriously? And the fact that the crazies overlap the widows, drunks, children and virgins is just mind-boggling! 

I really hope someone makes a Venn diagram for this!

• Love 3
Carly reminds me a bit of Jane Krakowski.

Yes!   Facial features, turned down eyes - thanks, I could not think of who she reminded me of. 

I really hope someone makes a Venn diagram for this!

I would, but I read there's a woman named samantha, and I haven't figured out whic category to put her in.  

Seriously though - TWO widows?  a drunk?  a slutty virgin?  One psychotic and one possible psychopath?  

where do they find these women?  

If possible, I think Kelsey's IMDB bio page is even WORSE than that terrible obit for her husband.  And that's saying something. Whoo boy, does she love herself some Kelsey. 

If I hadn't seen that, or the obituary, I might be willing to give her some benefit of the doubt.  As others said above, maybe she said some of those things in her TM in jest or in a different context.  But seeing her narcissism in print in other places makes it clear that it wasn't just editing.  

Also, from the IMDB bio:

By day a school counselor, by night an advocating blogger, Kelsey Poe creates a paradoxical world by expanding her horizons

What the hell does that mean?  Other than she's trying to sound like she's saying something profound when it's really gibberish?

• Love 13
I would, but I read there's a woman named samantha, and I haven't figured out whic category to put her in.

She would be in her own circle, that doesn't overlap with any others. The circle category can be "not enough information".

Kelsey Poe creates a paradoxical world

This almost sounds like she's calling herself a liar.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 4

Actually 2 drunks: Jordan and Tara

There does seem to be a Noah's ark theme to the women this season.

2 Drunks - Jordan & Tara

2 Virgins - Ashley I & Becca

2 Widows - Jeulia & Kelsey

2 crazies - Ashley S & Kelsey

Now we only need another smelly to pair off with Britt. 

Edited by reggiejax
  • Love 5

Maybe Kelsey is trying to transition from being a small-time school guidance counselor to a high-profile grief counselor.  

That way she can help SO many people drop the buzz-killing sad attitude of bereavement and jump into their own freakin' AMAZING story of closure and acceptance! YEAH!  She can help them write kickass obituaries for their dearly departed and help them create fantastic websites detailing their journey out of pain and back into LOVE!LOVE!LOVE! 

• Love 8

If possible, I think Kelsey's IMDB bio page is even WORSE than that terrible obit for her husband.  And that's saying something. Whoo boy, does she love herself some Kelsey. 

If I hadn't seen that, or the obituary, I might be willing to give her some benefit of the doubt.  As others said above, maybe she said some of those things in her TM in jest or in a different context.  But seeing her narcissism in print in other places makes it clear that it wasn't just editing.  

Also, from the IMDB bio:

What the hell does that mean?  Other than she's trying to sound like she's saying something profound when it's really gibberish?

I read that sentence three times, trying to figure out what I was missing. And she lists herself as a "writer."

• Love 2

The Love Guru date made me probably the most uncomfortable I've ever been watching this show.... and I've seen almost every season (sorry, Ali & Jillian).  That was poorly executed and in poor taste.

I'm also finding Britt less attractive as the weeks go on, but that's usually what happens when we see someone show their true colours.  Kelsey is ridiculous, and Ashley I. is delusional.  I love it. Let's keep the crazy coming, we still have weeks to go!

I'd love to see someone like Kaitlyn be the next bachelorette.  You can't say she isn't lively - I think it would be fun. 

• Love 1
how could I forget to comment about yoga sex pervert's really bad wig?

It was so bad, as was her overly fake tan skin--I kept expecting it to be like Michelle Money or another member of Bachelor Nation (barf) in disguise or something. 

• Love 2

Don't you mean "icing on the cake?" :-)

It was so bad, as was her overly fake tan skin--I kept expecting it to be like Michelle Money or another member of Bachelor Nation (barf) in disguise or something.

I thought it was going to be Andi.
I'm predicting Whitney for the winner. She may be too good for him but she doesn't think so. She seems to be there for the guy and not to be the next bachelorette.

One thing that stuck out for me when Chris presented Whitney with her rose was "she has a way of making me feel special." It's an important distinction because the rest of the women have been all about how THEY can feel special to Chris, do they feel special, is he doing enough to make them feel special, etc. And I can understand why being in a house full of women brings out that anxiety.

Ashley I., as long as you've got those weird eyelashes, you've no room to sniff about anyone else "not being competition."

• Love 3

In the thread for the first ep of this season I ran through the list of usual suspects that I had identified - Drunk Girl, Mean Girl, Widow, etc. - whom they have on this show every season. This ep reminded me of another recurring character - the obligatory EMT/ambulance.  Lost opportunity there by not having a heroic Chris to the rescue, but since it's To Be Continued there's still hope.  

And speaking of recurring, another episode of "______ and I".  "Chris and I's relationship."  "Kelsey and I's date."  Maybe we're self-conscious because we're on TV and thus speaking more formally than usual, but for the love of Noah Webster, ain't nobody be talking good English no more?

And finally, thank you, Prince Farming for trotting out another cliche of this franchise - wherever we are tonight is always the perfect place to fall in love.  Every frickin' episode of The B'ette includes her voice over saying, "Vietnam is the perfect place to fall in love" or  "Hong Kong is the perfect place to fall in love" as the screen shows B-roll footage of the area's most scenic vistas and the majestic music swells.  Last night it was "Santa Fe is the perfect place to fall in love."  Don't remember hearing that on The Bachelor before. But there it was. And once again, shots were downed in Casa Wolf.

Edited by Lone Wolf
  • Love 5

OK, I know this is not a major deal, but I just have to ask....

What was meant by the comment that Kelsey's pumps still look great? 

Are we talking about her breasts? Her shoes? What?

Seems like a dumb comment regardless to me, but then, that just fits in with every other dumb thing going on in Chris's search for true, true love.....

I really wish they hadn't shown the piece about Brit not showering because even though she's a very pretty girl and obviously she must not smell because no one complains and Chris enjoys snuggling and making out with her, it just grosses me out when she's on screen or when she's hugging or leaning on the other women. She just looks dirty to me now that I know this. When she was getting ready for the hot air balloon date she grabbed a rumpled looking sock and said something about oh well I'm putting on dirty socks. Eww. I'm not a clean freak by any stretch of the imagination but I can't imagine going on  a date wearing dirty clothes, not showering or shaving your legs and having two day old make up caked to your face. Just gross.   maybe she thinks she's showing Chris she's a down home farm girl type because she's not afraid to stay dirty?  Wasn't Britt one of the girls in the mud run? She would have had to shower after that mess.. right?

• Love 1

My childhood friend has been in several tv shows and her IMDB is barren compared to Kelseys. That is self-indulgent and crazy.  Like, beyond Bachelor in Paradise crazy.  I just want her to not be on TV anymore, ever.

Edited by sidekickgirl
  • Love 1

I though Britt looked suspiciously sweaty during the confrontation with Chris about Kaitlin last week. I assumed that the time that she was emotionally charged, but maybe she was just unwashed.

Of course, Chris himself had giant pit stains at one point this week (can't remember if it was with Kelsey or the drunk girl who came back, but it was definitely noted during a solo conversation). He lifted his arms for his trademark "this'll shut her up" kiss and the stains were practically down to his navel. So he's not much of a fastidious guy himself.

Another thing that bugs me is how cheap everyone looks. Hideous makeup, jewelry meant for 12-year-olds, outfits that are just weird. Someone already mentioned Carly's pink Dorothy Zbornak earrings, but both Britt and Kelsey were also rocking some laughably ugly giant plastic aqua/turquoise earrings during the rose ceremony, and don't even get me started on Kardashley's personal style choices. Did the limo drivers all take them by a Claire's or CVS for some 99-cent jewelry and Wet-and-Wild lipstick on the first night? 

Edited by Stella MD
  • Love 7

As others said above, maybe she said some of those things in her TM in jest or in a different context.  But seeing her narcissism in print in other places makes it clear that it wasn't just editing.

Exactly.  There are 3 specific things that I saw on that episode as unequivocal and solely done to convince Chris to keep her.  There was no way they were edited for drama or taken out of context. 

1. She said straight to the camera that she needed to tell Chris her story before the rose ceremony.  No editing, no voice-overs, no slicing & dicing. She said it. 

2. She went to his hotel room for ONE purpose: To tell Chris her story.  No editing, no misdirection.  She kept telling us what she was doing. She did it. 

3. She told Chris her story and then kissed him.  Deliberately.  In context.  SHE initiated it. 

She told us what she was going to do and she did exactly that.  She used the story of her dead husband to convince Chris to keep her, and sealed it with a kiss.

I simply cannot see this as anything but obvious.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 12

OK, I know this is not a major deal, but I just have to ask....

What was meant by the comment that Kelsey's pumps still look great? 

Are we talking about her breasts? Her shoes? What?

Shoes.

Wasn't Britt one of the girls in the mud run? She would have had to shower after that mess.. right?

Now I can't recall whether she was on that date. I usually can't keep track of who's on a group date WHILE I'm watching said date, let alone a week later. Yet, that's a good point. Let's assume whether she's on that date or swimming in the muddy lake date or wrestling pigs date etc., she's doing things that would physically get dirt on her, yet she's not running around like Pig-Pen with smudges on her face surrounded by a cloud of dust. Anyone with school-aged kids might have seen this week's "Bella and the Bulldogs" (on Nick, I think; otherwise Disney). This character had to go a few days without showering for her football team's tradition, and of course she got progressively dirtier with rattier hair until every inch of her face was covered in visible dirt and her hair was a foot wide and dreaded. Does Britt at least wipe the dirt off of herself after these outdoor activities? Or is that why she spackles on makeup before bed because at this point it's like an achealogical find between layers of sediment: Makeup > dirt > Makeup > sloppy joe sauce > makeup > dirt from a pig > makeup ...

both Britt and Kelsey were also rocking some laughably ugly giant plastic aqua/turquoise earrings during the rose ceremony

Ah, yes, I was going to comment that it looks like they must have stopped by a Native American store in Santa Fe--EVERYONE bought turquoise jewelry! I actually really liked one of the necklaces. I forgot who it was, but the turquoise pieces were jangly and natual, rather than polished, and it was a bunch of it on a silver chain. It looked more artsy, as compared to everyone else's who was obvious New Mexican Native American (sorry; I don't know which nation is indiginous to the area) souvenir turquoise jewelry.

Edited by JenE4
Like, beyond Bachelor in Paradise crazy.  I just want to to not be on TV anymore, ever.

Oh, Kelsey will be on BiP.  Mark it on your calendar now, because it's happening.  No question.  They want her crazy and her story, and she wants more TV time, obviously.  

• Love 3

It's almost like nobody read my post about Britt being too pretty to smell!

I read it. And I agree that she likely does not smell, though I don't think her attractiveness has anything to do with that. The body doesn't care how smooth, symmetrical or physically appealing it is, when it is time to emit some foul odor it will. But like I said, I honestly don't think that is the case with Britt. But of course that won't stop me from having a little fun and referring to her as the resident smelly of Bachelor Nation.

Also, from the IMDB bio:

I think she's drawing her inspiration from the Dos Equis "Most interesting man in the World" campaign, except she has no sense of self deprecation about her.  Bah, I moved to Ft Lauderdale just after high school with $400.00, and a box full of  canned soups with no labels.   My story is just so AMAZING!

• Love 3

Ah, yes, I was going to comment that it looks like they must have stopped by a Native American store in Santa Fe--EVERYONE bought turquoise jewelry! I actually really liked one of the necklaces. I forgot who it was, but the turquoise pieces were jangly and natual, rather than polished, and it was a bunch of it on a silver chain. It looked more artsy, as compared to everyone else's who was obvious New Mexican Native American (sorry; I don't know which nation is indiginous to the area) souvenir turquoise jewelry.

I wish I hadn't deleted this ep already - five will get you ten that the closing credits include a Native American jewelry store among the other promotional consideration mentions, a la Harley Davidson in the first 2 eps of this season (oh yeah, whatever happened to Prince Farming's motorcycle?) and Neil Lane in the final ep of every Bachelor (and B'ette) season.

Edited by Lone Wolf
  • Love 1

I don't understand the idea Britt doesn't shower. She must -at least- wash her hair. How would her hair still look that good after 2+ weeks if she didn't? I assumed she would shower at Chris's after the "nap", but then again, maybe not. How would she put makeup back on to return to the house? That would make her "nap" seem more suspicious than anything since they never see her without it, 24/7.

My grandmother was an actress and always went to bed with full makeup. However, I don't think she had lipstick on. In addition to how Britt's hair looks so good without washing it, how does she sleep with thick bright lipstick and heavy eye makeup without a single bit of it smearing? Jade may have the cosmetics business, but she should really be marketing whatever Britt uses. I don't even see how that possible (especially that lipstick, which would have gotten all over my sheet and pillow along with the mascara. Not a pretty 4 a.m. picture to greet Chris and the tv cams for sure!)

Bah, I moved to Ft Lauderdale just after high school with $400.00, and a box full of  canned soups with no labels.   My story is just so AMAZING!

Actually, I think I'd like to hear that story.  What kind of soup did  you end up eating? 

The whole return of Jordan scene really highlighted the difference in how Ashley sees this experience vs. someone like Whitney - Ashley is viewing this completely like a game, a competition that she has to win, rather than seeking a potential husband. She doesn't care about getting to know Chris or him getting to know her, she's entirely focused on her placement in the competition and beating the other women. If she had more than two brain cells in her head, she'd realize that if Jordan really had the potential to steal someone's "spot" then Chris's feelings towards that person probably weren't all that strong. And come on, does Ashley seriously think that a farmer from a town of 700 people in the middle of Iowa is looking for a Kardashian or a princess? Also, she looks like a terrible kisser.

That said, at least Ashley is the entertaining kind of trainwreck. Kelsey was genuinely creepy in this episode. At first I wondered if maybe the editors were making her look bad and taking quotes of her's out of context, but the more she spoke the more it became clear that she really did say all of this exactly as it came across. There's something deeply weird about macking on another dude eight seconds after finishing your sob story about your dead husband. The "panic attack" looked totally fake. I'd expect Chris would send her home, even if he isn't seeing everything the audience is seeing, just based on how obviously she used her "amazing story" to get a kiss out of him, but I'm pretty sure there was a clip in the "this season on" montage that showed the two of them alone together outisde somewhere that we haven't see yet, so I think she'll be sticking around for a while (though I hope I'm proved wrong). I really don't understand why she thinks any of this is appropriate to say on camera or makes her look good. She honestly seemed kind of psychotic.

Britt not showering - super weird. It definitely looked like she did shower before the date with Chris, because her hair looked noticeably nicer and cleaner.

• Love 2
Jade may have the cosmetics business, but she should really be marketing whatever Britt uses. I don't even see how that possible (especially that lipstick, which would have gotten all over my sheet and pillow along with the mascara. Not a pretty 4 a.m. picture to greet Chris and the tv cams for sure!)

I've looked closely at my HDTV during the wake-up scene because I had already noticed it before - her eye makeup looked smudged. At first I thought it was her way of doing a smoky eye, but sleeping in it explains the smudginess. As for the lipstick, some brands these days are freakishly long-wearing. Last year I tried on one such lipstick at Sephora and my makeup remover could not take it off when I was washing my face before bed. The color was still there the next morning and finally started fading in the afternoon.

And while I agree that Britt was most likely warned about the "surprise" wake-up, someone in an earlier episode mentioned that Britt sleeps in her makeup, so that probably wasn't a one-time thing.

A jealous twit with the maturity of a 12 year old spouts off "Brit doesn't even shower!", and gets a delighted reaction from the guys behind the camera, so she continues to say it to anyone who will listen, except for Brit and Chris S.  After considering the source, I have decided that I believe the non-showering accusations about as much as I believe that I-Lash is a virgin and Kelsey is a demure self effacing woman with class and integrity.

• Love 1