Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E05: Week 5

• Start Topic

Yeah - isn't my story great?   My much older husband kisses me goodbye, and heads off to work, (unaware that I had slipped a deadly poison into his oatmeal)

He then drops dead  only minutes later and I play the grieving young widow.  The autopsy said it was some heart thingy, I forget.   It was so tragic!   My favorite role ever!   Then. the spunky young widow goes on a TV show that's all about her meeting this handsome farmer type guy.  She gets a second chance at  love!!!

It would make a great made-for-TV movie, don't you think?  I love my story, it's so awesomely tragic!!

• Love 20

I thought Britt's fear was water and soap. And she's totally auditioning for The Bachelorette. Hope she gets it and lands another fame whore who dumps her.

Kelsey, you are an insensitive ass. Sell your soul for reality tv, but your late husband's family didn't sign up for you calling his death, a.k.a. "your story" great.

Jordan only came back for free cocktails.

• Love 13

The meager portion of events aired tonight should never have comprised even a single episode let alone a two-parter.  This wasn’t hurry-up-and-wait…it was only the wait part.

The producers, bless them, have been reduced to broadcasting long sequences of the girls’ bored expressions – frowns, cheeks puffed out in exasperation, and the thousand yard stare.  Wheeee.

The attempt at, or necessity of, doing this show on the cheap has never been more obvious.  The activities are bargain basement tourist fare with no touch of individuality or class (for lack of a better term) that might make them memorable and, more importantly, facilitate a romantic encounter.  Extending this damp squib of an episode into four hours of airtime is evidence of penury, a dearth of ideas or both.

Worse, the quest for short term gain will inevitably cause long term decline or even termination of ‘the brand’ since future prospective participants will watch and think ‘I really don’t want to go and sit in a room bored to death even if I fly on a private plane to get there.’

I freely admit to being biased in Kelsey’s favor but she also received the Crazy Edit as described here often.  Can’t really excuse the ‘my story’s tragic but amazing’ line.  It’s clearly a sort of self-help mantra but awkwardly stated and easily misinterpreted hence the vitriol directed at her.  Frankly, her plan worked quite well especially if it blunted, however temporarily, Chris’ plan to send her home on the night and if the ‘deceased husband’ story had to come out at least she managed the disclosure as opposed to being manipulated (read:  exploited) by the producers.  Was the end-of-episode crisis a panic attack?  Is she diabetic?  Was it a complete ruse?  Would hate to think she’s that cynical but it’s certainly possible.

We now know that next week’s episode provided much of the teaser reel drama.  I guessed wrong and thought that Kelsey collapsed in the aftermath of an argument with someone else but, of course, we have yet to see the rest of the evening’s proceedings.  Ashley I gets the waterworks going – again – and is there a two-on-one date that goes horribly wrong?

Carly is an all-too-familiar archetype:  an emotionally needy person who has put her previous significant others off with her neediness but in hindsight claims with a straight face that they avoided her for reasons still unknown to her.  In the interest of fairness let us recall that Britt also had a sexless relationship.  The touchy-feely date was the worst of all possible scenarios:  Chris played along as he always does for his own benefit i.e. to retain his ‘good guy’ aura but Carly interpreted a bit of coerced cuddling and kissing as a declaration of undying love.  Cue the Jealous Girl routine in which she spent hours explaining why she Really Didn’t Care.  Oh well…at least it reduced Ashley I’s camera time quota.

Jordan’s return made previous Prodigal Bachelorettes look positively alluring.  Chris couldn’t be bothered and neither could we.  Pointless waste of episode minutes especially as we didn’t need her to get the B/ettes in a catty mood...they were there already.

As many noted, Britt’s heights phobia cleared up magically despite the prospect of dangling in a basket at elevation.  Say what you like about her but she’s been patient and picked up where she left off when the chance came.  If she lit rings on fire in Chris’ suite she’d have him jumping through them in minutes.

Similarly, Whitney has the self-satisfied look of someone whose plan is coming together nicely.

Kaitlyn, you can’t do anything about the tattoos at the moment but lose the outdated nose stud.  We understand by now that you relieve your own nerves by talking incessantly but come up for air occasionally.

Chris is so noncommittal even at this late stage that even his most loyal supporters might reconsider.  It’s partially due to editing and the need for suspense, manufactured or otherwise.  We might not have agreed with past Bachelors’ choices but at least we could understand them based on the Bachelor’s own statements, actions, reactions, etc.  Past Bachelors were torn between seductresses, homebodies, tomboys, teacher types, etc. and we usually understood that each B/ette personality appealed to a corresponding aspect of the Bachelor’s persona and/or ego, even if certain ladies were ultimately a mismatch, including those who initially said yes to a marriage proposal.  The reality of this reality TV star is that he is a singularly uninteresting individual.  This is not a metrosexual polymath disguised as a rather dull farmer, this is just a dull farmer with above-average looks and physique.  That, not the remote Iowa setting, is what these ladies should wrestle with most as they pursue what will likely be a Pyrrhic victory.

Edited by Rainsong
  • Love 4

I thought this was an awesome episode. First, the wacky date with the love guru. Did the producers really know what was involved in that therapy session? I was cringing for her. I liked Chris better, too, because he felt uncomfortable, too, and he stepped up and put a stop to the disrobing. I think despite the kiss, Chris is feeling more big brother/little sister with Carly. And he finally opened up and said something interesting about himself. I think Carly would be a cute Bachelorette but then she might end up not so nice and sweet.

The hypothermia thing is a real condition. I've known people with that - they need to wear mittens when it's not that cold out. Weird about Britt not showering. Wouldn't she start smelling? I think she'd feel grimy, too. Then Jordan comes back--I thought Chris handled that well.

Then there's Kelsey. Wow! Is she for real? I understand the mentality--she's written the script in her head and expects it to come true--but to be so confident of the outcome and admit it on TV is weird. I am liking Whitney better. She's smart. If one of the women was murdered she'd be out there gathering clues and figuring out who the guilty party is. I also liked her attitude about Jordan's return.

I can't help wondering if Kelsea is faking her panic attack, or if she took something to induce it. I guess we'll find out!

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 2

Ashley I's pissiness at not getting the princess date will so pale in comparison to seeing what she missed out on the love guru date, what with all the blindfolded feeling each other up while sitting in his lap and breathing in each other's mouths. Feeding him dripping chocolate-covered strawberries! Telling him what scares you! Stripping one another's clothes off!

That love date might be ok if you're already intimately comfortable with your partner and (for me, anyway) there are no cameras involved, haha.

But as a first date being filmed for this ridic show...um, no. Of course we know Carly got it because her application must have mentioned all that she confided to Chris, about not being touched by her last bf and it shot her confidence a year and a half ago, etc. I imagine he would've loved to have that date with Britt, the one he gushed "I love kissing you" to. And took a two hour nap with. :) Kissing is exhausting!

• Love 2

I think Carly AND Britt were given a head's up that Chris was coming into the bedroom,  And given the time to spruce up. Carly made up the story about Britt putting on makeup before bed to cover up that they were only pretending to be sleeping, and knew he was coming in.  

Britt not only had full make-up on, she also had her hair curled and combed.  AND - if you're not married or living with someone,  and you wake up to a man, in your bed, face-to-face, do you just open your eyes and kiss him?  Because I think the first instinct would be screaming, hitting, kicking.    

• Love 5

I did find it ironic that as the women (led by Carly) were sitting around talking about Britt's hygiene habits (or lack thereof), at that moment they all looked much grubbier than Britt, who allegedly hadn't bathed once the entire time she has been there.

On the contrary, Britt looked just fine. If her real fear is soap and water, rather than her fear of heights, which apparently comes and goes at Britt's convenience, it has not done anything to make her look the worse for wear. 

I still like Carly, and am rooting for her dark horse candidacy for The Bachelorette, but I was disappointed at some of her behavior this week. Catty is not a good look on you Carly. Leave it to the professional bitches like Michelle Money. 

Edited by reggiejax
  • Love 4

Terrible audition for The Bachelorette, Kelsey. And why did you have to state his full name? Glad you did, though, as I googled it to make sure you werent a lying sack of shit.

If I had a child who went to her school, I would be terrified of said child having to see this so-called 'guidance counselor.' She was creepy as hell tonight.

Kaitlyn looked a little bit like Gretchen Weiners (Mean Girls) tonight.

And how have I not noticed the fuchsia/bright pink lipstick you guys have been talking about for weeks? My god that color!

Also, Chris really has nothing to say. Nothing wrong with that but not the best choice for the role he's playing. I actually 'spoilered' myself (via Reality Steve---something sounds dirty about that but not my intention :) a few weeks ago bc I wasn't sure if I could make it through the whole season. Still here, but I could drop out at any moment.

Edited by woodscommaelle

Hi Everyone... I'm new to this forum, but have been lurking here for ages, and am so far past shyness right now!  What in the world did I just watch??  So glad I came in on the show late so I could skim the dvr past that horrible "love guru" date.  So so awkward.  This episode was one that really highlighted some crazy train bitches, and I was dumbfounded.  About Kelsey mostly... who says that??  Seriously... even if you're proud of yourself for dealing with your tragedy and loss... who says that kind of stuff to a camera, knowing that the edit might go against you (because you know, when the backlash starts, she'll call "editing!" right?).  No one on any reality show ought to be able to call out editing anymore.  They have to realize that they're putting the quotes out there, and be freakishly careful about it.

Which is how I explain Chris's "box of rocks" attempts at communicating.  He's trying so hard to not say something that will come back and bite him later, that he ends up saying nothing, and looking like an inarticulate doofus.  Gotta say his facial expressions when he's trying not to react are hilarious though.  He knows some of this is just nuts, but he's putting on that Midwesterner polite mask (Hoosier here) and I find it absolutely hilarious.  Midwesterners are not known for revealing deeply personal information unless they know you well and are comfortable.  I expect we'll get to know more about Chris as he culls more women. 

And yeah... the hypothermia is a thing... called Raynaud's phenomenon... or syndrome, or disease, depending on severity, frequency, and diagnosis of underlying issues.  My grandmother had it, I've got a mild case, and my daughter has a more difficult case.  (Her toes actually turn freakishly purple when she's had an attack.)  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raynaud%27s_phenomenon

Anyway... love reading everyone's commentary!  

Edited by CalamityBoPeep
  • Love 13

if you're not married or living with someone,  and you wake up to a man, in your bed, face-to-face, do you just open your eyes and kiss him?  Because I think the first instinct would be screaming, hitting, kicking.    

I have a ridiculous startle response and would be petrified being woken by someone inches from my face, immediately followed by a reflexive action to lash out toward that face, meanwhile my heart would be pounding out of my chest. I'd be cussing, not kissing.

Apparently when Carly was chirping about Britt wearing makeup to bed, she didn't consider that her made-up face in bed would show too? It was sucky though how Britt and Chris couldn't wait to begin making out, with poor Carly (and Jade?) right there to hear all the lip smacking.

• Love 2

I can't take credit for this (read it on another board) but thought it was funny:

"So first Mackenzie was disappointed she had a kid and couldn't say she was a virgin. Now she's disappointed she doesn't have a circulation disorder thing.

I know she's 21 but..."

• Love 4

What a load of crazy tonight was.  Chris finally said something interesting: that he feels that what he does and where he came from isn't good enough.  I can see where he's coming from, but this show is getting so boring. I'd rather they condense it down to one hour and show us a rerun of Galavant in the second hour.  We don't even get the crappy rose ceremony tonight? 

And where was Kelsey going when she had her dramatic Ali Fedotowsky-style collapse in a hallway/audition for the Bachelorette? Do they actually let these girls walk off by themselves to go to the bathroom?  Who knew?

What was up with Chris' needing five minutes to walk around outside in his suit and brood and then cancel the cocktail party? This show is just getting dumber and dumber.

• Love 3

Oh my my my my ... Kelsey. Full on whack job. Wowsers. This is like movie-character psycho. Who knew Ashley Onion wasn't actually the craziest?

#GoneGirl

Ahhh I immediately thought of Gone Girl level psycho. This is terrible but it makes me wonder about her husband's mysterious death. "I love my story"... Narcissist psychopathic behavior. Coupled with that phony laugh... ugh.

On a more sensitive note, it seemed like she was really having a breakdown at the end. Perhaps she has a lot of unresolved ptsd from losing her husband. She tries to put on a front that she's over it and stronger for it but clearly that isn't the case.

• Love 1

Can't take the credit for this -- I think it was on Twitter -- but someone speculated that Chris's walk of angst had more to do with feeling guilty about his "nap" with Britt rather than feeling existential following Kelsey's big reveal.

Edited by TiaLou
  • Love 4

The love guru thing had to be one of the most awkward dates ever. Even if I wanted to do that with my husband, which I don't, I wouldn't take our clothes off in front of this woman. She was just standing so close to them. Doing this on a first date is crazy.

I liked Kelsey at first and thought she seemed smart, but her saying "I love my story" is so disrespectful to her dead husband. Doesn't she get that his friends and relatives might be watching this? What about her boss at work and colleagues? And why was she so happy one minute and then running to the hallway to cry?

I still think Britt is beautiful and she sure looks well groomed for someone who supposedly doesn't shower. Carly seems sweet but I don't see any chemistry on Chris side. 

I actually think Chris is a nice guy and not dumb, but he just isn't super articulate and doesn't take ownership of the show, like some of the other bachelors have. He seems to over think what he should do all the time. 

• Love 10

I know there is a ton of criticism about Chris on this board but I think he's a decent guy and I still like him. And honestly I feel a little bad that he's expected to navigate through this cast of characters on camera. Yeah he signed on to do the Bachelor but boy does he have his hands full with some of these women.

I like Carly, Whitney, Becca, Kaitlyn and actually even MacKenzie (although not for him.. she's too young and inexperienced but I find her honest and sweet... look at when Ashley was mother fucking Whitney... she didn't agree and spoke her mind about the situation calmly and maturely... something Ashley, who is older, could learn from her).

Overall I don't envy Chris in this situation but I do think it makes it obvious who he should choose.

Oh and Britt is truly an actress.. and not a great one as I think most of us can see through her. But men like pretty and enthusiastic and he doesn't have the benefit of seeing or hearing what we do.

Edited by GracieK
  • Love 7

I liked Kelsey at first and thought she seemed smart, but her saying "I love my story" is so disrespectful to her dead husband. Doesn't she get that his friends and relatives might be watching this? What about her boss at work and colleagues? And why was she so happy one minute and then running to the hallway to cry?

This episode was so awkward. First the Love Guru. Then Jordan. Closing the door with Britt. Then Kelsey...oh Kelsey. She seemed so stable & normal and now she seems like a psychopath who is more interested in marketing her website than honouring the deceased love of her life. 

I felt uncomfortable most of this episode.

• Love 4

Again with the sudden burning need to tell a dead husband story to Chris without being asked, followed by kissing (wtf)!? Crap script. "Story" seems to have been the drinking-game word of the episode, with Carly's "like" coming in a close second.

Britt's breathy wide-eyed (and mouth) hands to face wonderment and hopping around during her one-on-one was a wee OTT and got old quick, though Chris seemed to dig it. Little wonder a nap was in order later. :)

• Love 1

Precisely.  If she were really afraid of heights, a hot air balloon ride would have been her worst nightmare.  It would be worse than flying in an airplane, standing on a bridge, or being on the observation deck of a skyscraper.  I get so tired of these women faking fears; it seems to happen at least once a season.   

I think they've figured out to do what we joke about here, putting some "fear" on their applications that they'd really love to do.

All the comments are so spot on, I don't have much to add. The Mexico/New Mexico mixup was so bizarre, with the bit at the end. She seemed to still think New Mexico was a different country, what with the sombrero. And the...uh...Native American song?

Chris is so bland, the producers helped Jordan come back to stir up the remaining women.

Kelsey...wow, weird way to talk about "your story." Why is it "amazing"? Or do you mean we should think you're amazing? Because no. She's like Ashley, who thinks she's the star of her personal drama, one she expect we'll all find "amazing." Then Ashley again with the pouting and "no one wants it/cares/feels it as much as I do!" Ugh. 

Britt...a harmless sort of fake, at least. Wearing makeup to bed? Is it just because she wants to be "ready for her closeup" at a moment's notice, because she's a "TV star"? Because in real life, I'm betting she doesn't plaster it all over her face before going to bed. Well, I hope not. It doesn't do her skin or her bedding any favors! As for the shower thing...I have nothing, it's so bizarre. But no way is that woman afraid of heights! A little balloon basket would be much more terrifying than an airplane or helicopter if it was a true phobia like she claimed.

I hated the love guru stuff. How completely inappropriate!! I would have shut that crap down right away. Glad Carly finally said something. Would have been nice if Chris had asked her if she was OK with it, but the guy never says anything.

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 3

I'm not sure who's more fake and/or manipulative-- Ashley I with her constant drama over nothing (except "I want attention!), Kelsey and "her" story and "panic attack" (CH said she had the mike off when she went into the bathroom but when she went out onto the floor and the crew came, she had it on--he sounds like he's not buying it), or Britt and her two-face gush to Chris over wanting kids when she really doesn't, also faking the fear of heights.

What a crazy bunch they gave him!  At least Carly, Becca, Jade and Mack seem sweet, though, Meagan seems nice enough (though no geography genius), Samantha is refreshingly quiet and Whitney is refreshingly poised and mature. Whoever else is around is, I guess, completely forgettable.

Here's Kelsey's husband's obituary which is oddly more about Kelsey than I expected: 
http://www.tulsaworld.com/archives/sanderson-patrick-poe/article_f94957f8-5a1e-5515-adbd-aed357b6f99f.html

Edited by Padma
  • Love 5

"Isn't my story amazing?"

Crazy.

I love Kaitlyn. She's just so natural, and speaks up.

Everytime someone said "story" in this episode should gave been a drinking game,

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

Remember the first night when we were all talking about this being the prettiest group of women?  Now we know what they sacrificed to get that.

Megan thinks New Mexico is another country.

Ashley and Mackenzie are really only fourteen and Ashley's a mean girl

Britt is running a preplanned script on how to win the game without a single sincere word in it.

Kelsey made the little hairs stand up on the back of my neck when she started talking about how amazing her story was and how much she loved her story.  What a lucky girl huh?  To have a cool story like that almost as neat as Emily's only without the race cars!

Carly is sweet.

Whitney and Kaitlyn are too smart for Chris.

ETA:   Om gosh that obituary!  It was so clearly written by Kelsey as an amazing opportunity to brag about herself. "Kelsey’s goal and Sanderson’s supportive commitment were achieved May 18, 2013 with Kelsey’s graduation with her Master’s Degree from the University of Texas in Austin."  The photo of Sanderson wasn't very good either, he was probably always behind the camera taking supportive pictures of Kelsey.

Edited by JudyObscure
  • Love 14

I blame Bachelorette Emily for the constant stream of family death stories that are all. about. the. contestant. Every time Kelsey did a talking head saying she needed a one-on-one so that she could tell Chris her amazing story, I knew she wasn't talking to the audience. She was letting the producers know that if they gave her the camera time she would "deliver." Production has set if up so that if it bleeds, it leads.

I still don't understand why Chris had to walk out of the cocktail party and meditate on his conversation with Kelsey. Maybe he knows he wants to get rid of her but is afraid because her last mate was dead man walking, no pun intended.

I may need to learn more about Kelsey's relationship now that you sleuths have pointed out that he was in his 40s. She said that she was young and just out of school when she met him. So was this some weird Chester the Molester relationship? Because that would explain why she's screwy.

Not to stick up for Britt, but the fake persona she's putting on didn't really bother me this week because she tried being real and having a serious conversation last week and Chris acted like asking him honest questions was tantamount to questioning his integrity. At this point I think she's like, "I'm going Nicholas Sparks this role and play the heck out of this chump."

• Love 8

I gave Britt the benefit of the doubt last week about being genuine in "being there for the right reasons". But holy hypocrite much. Last week she lit into Katelynn for "taking her clothes off and talking about sex" but apparently laying in bed, legs and groins intertwined, for 2 hours+ taking a "nap" is A-OK. As long as it's with her. So done with her fake blow up doll faces too. Not to judge people solely by the company they keep, but her first house BFF was Jillian and now it's psychopath Kelsey. That says something about her too.

I'm really loving Whitney, loved her rational (who would have thunk it!) response to Ashley that they do NOT have to be mean to Jordan. And getting the rose on top of that. Chris is not good enough for her.

Edited by thejuicer
  • Love 11

Yes, there were moments when Whitney seemed like the teacher in a middle school class.

Not to judge people solely by the company they keep, but her first house BFF was Jillian and now it's psychopath Kelsey.

That reminds me of Kelsey sobbing on Britt's shoulder and Britt saying, "At least your pumps look great," and Kelsey grinning and saying, "I know!"  I guess it takes one fakey fame whore to know another.

• Love 10

Holy shit KELSEY. She is clearly a Narcissist or sociopath. She chills me to the core. Alternating between crying and being cavalier, "hey that's life" or whatever... and being enthralled that HER great love story is going to unfold on tv. I don't even know what that panic attack was about. But Kelsey is a legit fucking psycho. And no, she doesn't care about how she sounds to Dead Hubby's family when talking about her "amazing story", these types have no empathy. This is partly why I like "reality" television, it's like watching case studies in action from a safe distance away. I was repulsed and fascinated at the same time.

She killed him, right? Possibly. Allegedly.

It definitely crossed my mind. Just sayin'.

• Love 10

"Isn't my story amazing?"

Crazy.

Kelsey made the little hairs stand up on the back of my neck when she started talking about how amazing her story was and how much she loved her story.  What a lucky girl huh?  To have a cool story like that almost as neat as Emily's only without the race cars!

That was SUCH a weird moment. The music they played under it, along with her kooky smiling facial expression, made me think for a moment that she had made it all up for attention or whatever. I kept waiting for that reveal, but no, that kooky smile was a psycho look. Much more scary!

• Love 3

This season is soooo dull. Chris has maybe 2 braincells and 0 personality.

Carly's eyebrows seriously make me want to jump inside the TV and fix them. They are that awful. And she seems cute but she is so damn insecure. That is not an attractive look. She went from nice to bitchy in 5 seconds.

Britt is gorgeous but the no showering is just...no. And I have no problem with her auditioning to be the B'ette. God knows others...*coughAliEmilyAndicough* have done it and people have totally bought it so what the heck. At least she seems like a nice person.

Whitney's voice is just...GAH! At least she's mature and refused to participate on the pile one against Jordan.

Ashley talking about being natural while wearing 57 pounds of makeup and spiders in her eyes was rich. And then talking about being mature and ready for marriage when she acts like a petulant child. I laughed so hard.

Kelsey seems unhinged but I read an interview she did a while ago and I can understand why she seems so composed about her husband's death. Still, if Lifetime ever did a movie based on her life I wouldn't be surprised.

• Love 3

Here's Kelsey's husband's obituary which is oddly more about Kelsey than I expected: 

http://www.tulsaworld.com/archives/sanderson-patrick-poe/article_f94957f8-5a1e-5515-adbd-aed357b6f99f.html

I was actually planning on posting this morning that maybe we were being a bit hasty about holding their obsessions with their "stories" over them. I mean, obviously, the producers must be drilling into them, "What's your story? What's your hook for the show?" And that's why everyone--not just Kelsey--keep using the work "story." But then I read this obituary. Wow. Kelsey was crafting her "story" from the moment Sanderson died. Meaning, it's not for this show, but because she's just that self-involved in real life that her husband's obituary was all about her! That is so beyond fucked up. And she has a website ready to launch as soon as this show ends, the gag order is off, and she can spill all of the details of her story? Don't get me wrong, I will grab my popcorn and read it. I haven't been this excited about a Bachelor contestant's website since crazy blogger Jenna's or Kalon's high-end lifestyle promotion/modeling site. So, I'm excited about the potential for trainwreck snarking, not that I buy into her amazing journey.

• Love 3

My favorite part- Carly telling the girls that Brit loves being single and not into kids.  Cut to Brit telling Chris that she wants 100 of them. 

No, wait.  My favorite part- Brit waking up in full make up, clearly applied scant moments earlier.  

No, wait-  Kelsey saying her story was tragic and amazing.

No, wait- Brits fear of height morphing into shear delight at the sight of the balloon. 

There were so many!

Tweet from Chris last night-

Chris Soules ‏@C_Soules

For the record I think showering is a good thing! #TheBachelor  

• Love 3

I couldn't help wondering if Kelsey's husband's death was a natural one. He sounded like a cool guy from the obituary. I wonder if there is family money, similar to Ricky's family. By the way, at the bottom of the obituary's web page, there is a list of most-read articles for the Tulsa newspaper it's in and the obituary is in first place.

It seems odd that this season is about "Who Has the Best Story?" or "Story vs. Story". No story is going to make a guy want to marry you - it's how you are with him. But if "Story vs. Story" is really a plot line for "Who Will Be the Next Bachelorette?" then it makes more sense!

I think Kelsea is weirder than Ashley S. Ashley S. was just strange. Kelsea is both strange and scary.

• Love 4

Good to see Sam got in a sentence at the end, geesh. I wasn't even 100% sure of who it was sitting there mute all week, so I'm guessing she's on her way out unless the editors are pulling a fast one.

Is that the mysterious girls name? I had no idea that girl was even on this show until this episode. I don't know that I've seen one TH with her.  I was trying to figure out if they just snuck another gal in or what.

Kelsey is fkn nuts. Insane. I wonder if she's a public high school guidance counselor.  "This is my story pretties.... muahahahaha!"

I love how there's always one in the group who assigns herself to be the one to decide if another girl isn't wife material.  She's the spoken one who can sit back and decide who is or isn't good for the Bachelor.

Ashley I is a head case too.  I've rarely seen someone so narcissistic and immature at the same time.

Megan just isn't right in the head, bless her heart. Yes, New Mexico is a beach resort town and they wear sombreros. All the time. And it came after Mexico since Mexico was there first and allegedly called the name "Mexico" before anyone else.  She's also the one who frequently loses her train of thought 2 sentences in and the one who got the original 1-on-1 date and when the note arrived, she thought it was just a nice letter Chris wrote her.  Special.

• Love 3

For those questioning the age difference between Kelsey and her late husband:  the age difference between me and my ex was about the same and I was about 33 (he was 47) when we married.  Nothing psycho about it.  

Her depending on the marketability of that story is a little much.

• Love 2

For those questioning the age difference between Kelsey and her late husband:  the age difference between me and my ex was about the same and I was about 33 (he was 47) when we married.  Nothing psycho about it.  

Her depending on the marketability of that story is a little much.

Age differences are less important as you enter adulthood. Kelsey started dating this guy when she was 19.

• Love 6

Remember the first night when we were all talking about this being the prettiest group of women?  Now we know what they sacrificed to get that.

And Jordan with the boozing. She looked beautiful last night. I'm still outraged that he cut her so early, btw. I have no interest in looking at Ashley I. and Carly on my TV every Monday night.

Whitney came across wonderfully last night.

Everyone, face it: Britt does not smell. (She's too pretty to--that's just good science.) Don't you think Chris would have backed off just a tiny bit? There was no daylight between them throughout their date.

It's strange, however, that TPTB turned on her like that. There was no subtlety in their repeated shots of her embracing Kelsey during the pre-cocktail party. Where are they going with this?

• Love 1

Age differences are less important as you enter adulthood. Kelsey started dating this guy when she was 19.

I was just about to post the same thing. 33 with 47 is no big deal - two mature adults. A 19 year-old with a 35 year-old, however, is mega-creepy. Though it says a lot more about his immaturity/arrested development than her issues.

Edited by Stella MD
  • Love 1

It was Ashley - not Carly - that said Britt told her she didn't want kids. And all the other women were like really? They didn't hear that. It makes me question it since it came from Ashley, who is not all there. 

Oh yeah, and Kelsey's attack/whatever was possible the fakest, worst thing I have seen on this show. She was wailing and they cut to another girl - can't remember who - who looked like she was trying not to laugh.

Edited by scribe95
  • Love 2

It was Ashley - not Carly - that said Britt told her she didn't want kids. And all the other women were like really? They didn't hear that. It makes me question it since it came from Ashley, who is not all there.

I'm suspicious of Ashley's recollection too. She's obviously immature and looking for any reason not to like some of the other contestants. (I like how she switched from "I don't like Whitney" to "Whitney doesn't like me!!!!" in her conversation with Mackenzie).

Yes, there were moments when Whitney seemed like the teacher in a middle school class.

True. She also looks like the teacher when she's with these women. I don't mean that as a put-down, she and Chris are well-matched. But since so many of them are so young, her maturity and age are really apparent when she's sitting in a group. 

• Love 2

First time poster here. Hi!

I'm pretty grossed out by the whole not showering thing, I have to admit. Now that it's out and mentioned so many times, I can't even look at Britt anymore without cringing and wondering if she smells. It's ruined it for me; I don't even find her attractive anymore. She looks dirty to me. And sleeping in makeup is a huge no-no. Hopefully she's only doing that while she's on the show for reasons like what just happened...we all know how the producers/The Bachelor likes to 'suprise' the girls and wake them up at ungodly hours of the morning. And how stupid does Chris sound - 'Britt is just as pretty in the morning as she is dressed up for a rose ceremony' Gag me.

I thought it was extremely rude for Chris to shush Carly and loudly kiss Britt in front of everyone. I get it..it's part of the storyline for you to wake her up. But just wake her up and get out of the room already. No need for the loud lip smacking. And it doesn't help that I'm now completely grossed out by Britt now that I need to turn my head everytime they touch. Does she brush her teeth?

Carly is sweet but women need to stop with the whole 'Am I attractive?' bit with men. It's not attractive and makes you look needy for needing that validation. Be confident..yes, you are attactive and sexy. Just own it..don't whine about it. I hate when women do that. If Carly's ex never touched her, that says more about him and not her.

Kelsey freaked me out last night. The way she was talking and the way she was edited made her sound psycho..like maybe she killed her husband. Great job, editors.

Honestly, Whitney annoyed me more last night than Ashley I. First of all, I hate her voice. It is bad to begin with and worse when she's on her high horse and lecturing someone. It was absolute BS that Jordan came back and the girls had a right to be upset. And shut up, Whitney, with the whole 'I'm glad to catch up with her' fakeness. Please. Chris looked like he was about to walk right past Jordan for a second. If she didn't have the cameras on her, I wonder if he would have. He didn't recognize her.

With the way the editing has turned, I don't think Britt will be getting the Bachelorette spot unless they want to play up this whole not showering thing, like they did with Sean the virgin. I don't know who from this group of women would get the spot. Kaitlyn gets some screen time so possibly her. If they want another virgin storyline then I guess Becca.

Jade gets hypothermia from regular temperature water?  Hey, maybe Britt gets hypothermia from bath water!

Kelsey freaked me out with her "tragic but amazing" story.  I generally love the weirdo's on this show, as it gives me more to laugh at, but this woman is actually disturbing to me.  She also had the fakest "collapse" I've ever seen outside of local dinner theater.

I'm glad Megan's been able to use The Bachelor for some international travel to exotic foreign locations like New Mexico.  Maybe she can find some locals and they can all do the Maccarena while wearing sombreros together!  And as a bonus, she can teach them a few words of the English language! LOL

• Love 2
Last week she lit into Katelynn for "taking her clothes off and talking about sex" but apparently laying in bed, legs and groins intertwined, for 2 hours+ taking a "nap" is A-OK.

While I totally think Britt is fake and have thought so since the first episode with her dramatic hug nonsense, I think those two situations are a little different. She was on a one on one with Chris and they were far as I could tell fully clothed while kissing, even if it was in a bed. The situation with Kaitlyn was a group date, out in the open, with her taking off her bikini shorts and mooning like someone at a frat party. And then she later gets the rose. And for the record, no, I don't think that's why Chris gave it to her but I do think Britt's comment was somewhat reasonable in saying "when other girls are there, seeing someone do that and then you reward them with a group date rose, it feels like you're validating that behavior and saying that's the kind of thing you're looking for."

As for last night, missed the first hour as usual so gladly spared the weird Chris/Carly date and Jordan's return. I saw when he walked her out and I racked my brains for a long time trying to remember who the hell was Jordan until I read the comment that she looked so much more beautiful sober and it all came flooding back. Going back to Britt, again fake as I do think she is and yes, the showering thing is beyond weird and gross, I actually wanted Carly and her whinging to shut the hell up and felt my eyerolls getting more pronounced the longer she went on and on boo-hooing about whatever she was boo-hooing about. Seriously, if the segment was meant to make me dislike Britt, it didn't work because again, I found Carly's tears and whinging incredibly unattractive and annoying. 

But I absolutely have to go with the consensus about nutty Kelsey. Oh where, where to begin. I too had a complete "say what now..." when she, with full grin plastered on her face, mentioned how much she loved her story, after sharing that her husband passed away suddenly. It was like "score one for me - dead husband, yeah. Those bitches can't compete with that." Crazy doesn't even begin to cover it. And then the tears are gone fast enough to get some makeout time with Chris who incidentally I was just as disturbed by. "She's told me her husband died, wow, so tragic - okay, let's make out now". But then again, I guess that's what you do when you have nothing remotely interesting and/or profound to say. 

Really, I called Chris being boring as fuck once it became clear during Andi's season he would likely be picked as the Bachelor but I swear he has managed to reach below my VERY, VERY low expectations. We're up to episode 5 and I actually don't really feel anything with Chris and any of the women and it's because I haven't seen anything to convince me he feels anything for any of them other than physical attraction and some sort of liking. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

Anyone else remember when this show pretended to be about a guy looking for love? Chris H. used to remind the women that they could walk if not attracted to the dude, and some did - right in the middle of the rose ceremony. Now it's devolved into nutjobs and nonstop contrived drama. As they say on Shark Tank, I'm out.

• Love 2

The recap reminded me of one of the most laughable WTF moments of the night - when Kelsey stalked Chris in his hotel room to gleefully disclose her husband's death and he responded to her sorry tale by... instantly pulling her in to suck face. Hahaha. I'm going to start calling him David Puddy: "Let's make out." Although even that inarticulate sentiment is three more words than Kelsey or any of them get.

• Love 2

That whole "Brit doesn't shower" thing? Is the pay-off going to be that the girl takes baths instead? Because I find it hard to believe that anyone so obviously into her own looks would have a problem with soap and bubbles. Or am I just naïve?

• Love 4

I still don't understand why Chris had to walk out of the cocktail party and meditate on his conversation with Kelsey. Maybe he knows he wants to get rid of her but is afraid because her last mate was dead man walking, no pun intended.

Here is my theory about that:  When Chris was on Andi's season of Bachelorette it was Nick who was doing all the calculating things like sneaking out of the hotel to get more alone time with Andi, etc.  The other guys on her season did not like this and they thought Nick was a DB.  Chris was one of the guys that was actually pretty outspoken about this. So maybe he saw Kelsey's pop-in visit as strategizing in a similar way and it's a turn off?

And do I remember this correctly that when they were kissing Chris was like OK well let's get going now, and she was like no, lets not - did that happen?  I may not be remembering it right but I think his body language was not that into her.

• Love 1