Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E05: It's Like A Booze Cruise With Knowledge

Geraldo saying he's going to give another $40k to the CG is because he knows he should be the one to go.

He did donate the $40,000.00.  The pictures have been released.  Most are from the Northwestern's page.

• Love 4

I also think Kate was just hoping if she stayed silent in the boardroom and let Kenya/Vivica go at it, they would blow themselves up

I think firing Kate was the right decision.  They all seemed to agree  there was not much time for them to all be together planning and executing the set up because of the shopping.  Kate orchestrated that.  There is no good reason to send half your team shopping for that long especially when they are at odds.  I love my sister to pieces but I feel like I need to take a list of meditations and mantras with me whenever I go shopping with her.

I agree that Geraldo was generous with Sig because he knew he was largely responsible for the loss.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 4

I would have probably screamed with laughter if Geraldo had been allowed to implement his vision for the cruise.  Can you imagine being a tourist on the Circle Line and have a Revolutionary War reenactment on board as well as hoards of refugees with babushkas and 9/11 fake explosions going on?  The looks on the tourists faces would have been priceless.  Might have also saved Kate from being fired.  

• Love 11

I've been thinking dementia explains the crazier and crazier diatribes (on and off the show), but perhaps I don't give Trump enough credit for publicity seeking.  I just thought his ego was too big to make himself look so ludicrous on purpose.  Well, I'm the one who thought Rush Limbaugh was doing a comedy act when he first came on the air way back when. 

• Love 5

I miss the 2 hour episodes that they used to do for this show.  I get the feeling they decided to burn this show off during the break for "The Voice".  However, the ratings have been good (better than the last couple of seasons, anyway), so I'd bet we'll see some more action in the Boardroom next year.

• Love 2

One bad thing about the shortened episodes is that they don't have time for a lot of misdirection, like they seemed to in previous seasons. It seemed like the editors would leave some red herrings so you wouldn't be sure what team was going to lose or which person was going to get fired, but with the shortened version, they telegraph everything. 

That being said, last night's episode(s) had more unintended humor (most coming from Geraldo and Kenya), than any of the previous episodes this season.

Edited by iliketheshiny
  • Love 4

I am routing for Leeza to win. She's a team player, supportive & she speaks up with ideas. I loved her on the cruise, she did a wonderful job. She's overlooked because she does not seek drama or attention & she plays well with everyone. Ian on the other hand...his self absorbed speeches make me hit the FF button.

I saw a different side of Kate & I liked this side. She worked hard & was a team player. I do think it was her time to go over this project. She was the manager & didn't have control. I felt bad for her, she could not get a word in with Kenya, no one can.

I gave both Kenya & Brandi a clean slate for this show & told myself I would only judge them from how they behaved here not compare them to their Housewives job. Kenya has not shown me anything knew. She over talks everyone, talks about herself constantly, is attention seeking & demeans others. I am all for being smart, savvy & aggressive but with class & she has not given that at all. I think she's a smart girl but I can't see past her nastiness to appreciate her. I was more put off by her horrible singing & rolling on the floor than I was with the Hooters girls too.

• Love 11

I would have probably screamed with laughter if Geraldo had been allowed to implement his vision for the cruise.  Can you imagine being a tourist on the Circle Line and have a Revolutionary War reenactment on board as well as hoards of refugees with babushkas and 9/11 fake explosions going on?  The looks on the tourists faces would have been priceless.  Might have also saved Kate from being fired.  

Amarsir : I decided back in episode 1 to pretend that Geraldo is playing a Borat-like character.  If you can convince yourself to view him that way he becomes one of the funniest characters in the history of the show.  Just ignore him as an actual person and enjoy everyone else's reactions to him.

I was thinking of Geraldo's  ideas - having revolutionary war re-enactment, refugees from several  countries , the mayor, some 9/11 first responders from NYC fire and police departments,  the Coast Guard  AND Hooter's waitresses serving drinks.  @Armarsir is right - comic genius!Geraldo would write a script portraying the entire history of New York, from Ellis Island to the present day.the boat would be FULL of performers  and honored guests.   Geraldo  would introduce EVERYONE, and have all of them tell their personal story.  The mayor would give a speech.  There would only be room for a dozen tourists, who would be bored to tears, and confused as hell by the meaning of "the Sexiest Cruise" sign. 

• Love 4

I agree. Don's always kind of got on a partial smile.  And we've seen him cut up, much like Ivanka. Eric on the other hand... Maybe he's a little pissed Don ended up with most of the looks and Eric is a spitting image of his father.  He's got the yellow hair, his eyebrows are growing bushier by the month. Pale skin, red lining the eyes and that little butthole of a mouth. If I had to pick, it would definitely be Don. Actually, at this point I'd take either because I need the money.

I find neither of them attractive, but find Eric a little more appealing than Don.  Don looks like he wears a toupee, and he has the same rubbery lips as his father.  He also looks like he spits when he talks, again like his father, because his lips are always wet.  I personally think that neither Donald or original recipe Ivana were attractive.  Their kids took after them.  Ivanka just followed her mom's path, and after a lot of facial work, is now quite pretty.  Just google Ivanka and plastic surgery, to see how different she used to look.

Has anyone ever tested DNA on the three Trump kids? I realize there is a physical resemblance but, so far, that seems to be it. They all actually seem to be fairly decent human beings which makes it really hard to believe that the troll fathered them. Must have been Ivanka's genes.

I don't follow the trump children, so I can't attest to how good they are as people.  Not everybody conducts their extra-marital affairs so publically, nor spout extremist political beliefs for camera time.  I'm assuming the three Trump kids are good to their fellow humans.   I know Don and Eric are not respectful of animal life.  They've been on African big game hunts.  Not the fair kind, the kind where rich white guys hire professional trackers who hunt down the prey - often in animal sanctuaries - and blow them away from inside their vehicle, which has a fully stocked bar.  There are some nice pics online of Don proudly holding the elephant tail he hacked off, and Eric showing his dead leopard.  The Donald actually gave a statement that he does not support hunting, and is surprised his sons do.

• Love 3

From Geraldo's speech to his disgusting chat with the Hooter's girls he should be gone.  What a pervert.  Sig wasn't good but Geraldo did his team in. Geraldo isn't ever going because if he wasn't fired for that effort he never will be. 

Maybe if the idiots on that team would all go against Geraldo, he could be gone by now.  But they back down like scared little kids.

"Death to Terrorists" and scantily-clad Hooters girls are right up Trump's alley.  He rewarded the sex-themed Chock Full of Nuts ad last week, he runs a beauty pageant that emphasizes a bikini show, and he's a conservative Republican who probably agrees with the death to Terrorists statement. 

And the Trump kids are the epitome of born on third base and think they hit a triple. 

Edited by remotecontrolfreak
  • Love 7

Kenya's "first family" comment in the boardroom blew me out the water. I was so embarrassed for her... that was some mighty ass-kissing she did there. Even the Donald's offspring were amused. 

I haven't really watched Brandi prior to this show but I think she has handled herself pretty well over all... so has Kate. I get that people don't like Kate or Brandi because of their respective shows but on this show... I think they came across pretty well for the most part.

Kenya, on the other hand... has done herself no favors. Getting personal like that with Vivica was really unnecessary. Accusing somebody of having plastic surgery when you've had work done yourself. Talk about deluded. So glad Vivica gave as good as she got. You've met your match Kenya. 

• Love 9

I'm not sure this will be the last season. I think it was being saved to plug a hole in NBC's schedule, but NBC surprisingly didn't really have one (can't swear to that, because the only NBC shows I watch are this and Grimm.) And it was going to be ridiculous if they waited any longer. The ratings are up a bit, the sponsors still pony up to be featured on the show, and apparently whatever demo advertisers want, this show is somehow able to deliver. Plus, charity writeoff and Trump ego converge. I actually thought last season would be the last, and look where we are.

• Love 2

You have to be careful with that tactic.  I imagine it going down like this:

Kate: You should fire Geraldo for the stuff he said.

Trump: What did he say?

Kate: During the tour he was saying stuff like "Screw the terrorists." and ...

Trump: You want me to fire him for saying "screw the terrorists"?

Kate: Well it's just that ...

Trump: Do you like terrorists?

Kate: No, I ...

Trump: Because me personally, I hate terrorists.  I don't know, maybe that's a controversial opinion. But me, I think they're bad. What do you guys think?

Everyone: [Nods.]

Yeah I can see that going down like that.  But if they were going by the comments (Eric or Don Jr) said people didn't like his speech at all and were uncomfortable.  If Sig, Vivica, and Kate would apply that logic (hahahaha logic) Geraldo alienating, his wanting the Revolutionary War mentioned, and his pervy talk with the Hooter's girls should be enough.  But using logic on The Donald's show should forgo any logic used for a reason.

I think he definitely would have focused on the terrorist angle and used that to save him.  Vivica should have given the tour info and Geraldo should have been a bartender's assistant.

• Love 1

He did donate the $40,000.00. The pictures have been released. Most are from the Northwestern's page.

I'm glad he put his money where his mouth was. I could see him saying he'd give the money then not doing so.

On a side note, the Circle Line and all the boats/ships in the area did respond post 911, with the largest water evacuation in history, replacing the WWII Dunkirk evacuation. Private boats, ships all sizes ferried people off Manhattan, then some acted as relief centers for emergency personnel, IIRC. There was a video on you tube/Facebook narrated by Tom Hanks , I think, about it. It will have you crying.

Found the YouTube video, it's called "Boatlift- An Untold Tale of 9/11 Resilience" It is narrated by Tom Hanks.

But despite all this history, this was not what the task was about. This was about selling a fun cruise, for a diverse crowd. They don't need Geraldo spewing his spiel making them uncomfortable. Geraldo should have been the one to go, but he is Trump's pet and untouchable.

Edited by Thumper82003
  • Love 5

That shocked me too.  I can't believe she was able to do that.  She gets him to back down like that she just may be a future ex-wife, lol.

Maybe that's why Kate sent Vivica and Kenya out for so long...to get some more alone time with Geraldo, lol

• Love 3

I am trying really hard to find the words to convey what I was thinking when Kenya started in on her "song and dance" number, and all I can come up with is that I wish I could unhear it. Seriously, what in the fresh hell WAS that? And then she was talking about how excited all of the guests were to see her perform? It was too much for me to take. That right there was some Geraldo-level delusion.

I knew who Kate was, but I only watched her on DWTS. She was horrible, awful then, so I was expecting to hate her, but actually...not so much. I loved how she was able to not only dial Geraldo back but also to deal with Sig's completely unreasonable and totally unprofessional tantrum, which should've gotten him fired on the spot (of course, I thought Geraldo should've been fired with that obnoxious phone conversation he had in front of the execs a few weeks back, so what do I know?).

• Love 7

You know you are a nasty piece of work when you, Kenya, make me sad they fired Kate. Kenya needs to stfu. I cannot believe this drama is ok in a boardroom. I know ratings etc but it's just unprofessional. I actually didn't think Kate was too bad on this show. And gone with the wind fabulous? Really? That's just stupid. Kenya is just plain nasty. End of story.

Edited by Frootloop Dingus
  • Love 7

Kate over-enunciates every. single. word. It's mute worthy. She uses the same voice to speak to adults as she uses with her kids. However, I'll give her points for staying out of the drama. 

Kate like most of the others probably decided it wasn't worth arguing too hard in the boardroom to stay in the game. Previous mere-mortal contestants would have taken a verbal beating from The Donald for acting like quitters. Now nobody seems to have the energy to care.

• Love 2

I know Don and Eric are not respectful of animal life.  They've been on African big game hunts.  Not the fair kind, the kind where rich white guys hire professional trackers who hunt down the prey - often in animal sanctuaries - and blow them away from inside their vehicle, which has a fully stocked bar.  There are some nice pics online of Don proudly holding the elephant tail he hacked off, and Eric showing his dead leopard.  The Donald actually gave a statement that he does not support hunting, and is surprised his sons do.

Thanks for sharing this, Red; I had no idea.  Who goes out and shoots an elephant, FFS, when the whole species is on the verge of extinction?  I googled and yes, the Trump boys are really into killing all kinds of "exotic" animals, endangered or not.

A celebrity round of The Most Dangerous Game, anyone?

• Love 7

Just once I'd like to see one of Trump's gutless kids say "Dad, I don't agree with who you fired. I think you made the wrong decision." Now that would be must-see TV.

I'm saying...if just ONE of the Trumplets would say, "Hey, I kind of think you made the wrong move there, dad."  It would MAKE. MY. well, reality show viewing YEAR.

So tired of Donald saying "I made the only choice I had there." And the random Trumplets nod and smile and say, "Yup."

I know! I do not believe that in real life Geraldo is that self-centered, Eye-on is that pompous and Kenya and is that crazy (OK, maybe the last one is true). These people are playing characters to create drama that was all worked out in advance, to make the show appeal to people who like that kind of thing (which is most people, at least those who watch reality TV).

I honestly believe that 90% of what we see is real from most of them.  There's no way that Geraldo is THAT good of an actor (or Ian either for that matter) to PLAY that completely self-centric nonsense that they spew.  At least most of Ian's self-love happens behind the scenes.  Lordy, was Geraldo's "show" on the ship cringeworthy.  Especially interspersed with his claims of being a NYC expert.

I'm super annoyed that I actually was really kind of loving Kate.  Her and Viveca giving each other eyes during Geraldo's "brainstorm" was hilarious to me, and something I totally would have done with anyone around me.  Because Geraldo's ideas are HORRID.

• Love 7

Is it just me, or every time I look at Johnny Damon, I think of that Jimmy Fallon/Drew Barrymore baseball movie and the line, "Johhhhny Daaaamon, you got the sweetest ass in the league!" Said with heavy Bostonian accent. Thank god he's still around.  He and Leeza hold up the sane portion of the show. 

Has anyone ever tested DNA on the three Trump kids? I realize there is a physical resemblance but, so far, that seems to be it. They all actually seem to be fairly decent human beings which makes it really hard to believe that the troll fathered them.

Always impressed with the three older Trump kids (their father, not so much, but that's mainly because of his personality more than anything). They've never been associated with the same trouble and gossip as other rich trust fund babies. They didn't just fall into jobs within their father's organization without first going to the best schools and getting actual educations. Trump, even though I dislike him, did actually make sure that any of them could RUN the organization someday, not just sit in a chair and be a figurehead that drew a paycheck for simply having the last name Trump.

Always wondered about Don Junior's looks. It's clear that Eric and Ivanka are the children of Trump and Ivana. The physical resemblance is definitely there with those two. But what's with the good looking brunette child with the sarcastic wit and decent personality?  I think that one needs the DNA test!

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 2

Ivanka only had a nose job.

It seems pretty obvious that she had something done to her teeth and jaw to correct their earlier protrusion.

Also, going to the best schools does not contradict the Trump kids being entitled, spoiled and having life handed to them on a silver platter. Did either actually have to apply for a job, anywhere, ever?   Would Ivanka's shoe line or jewelry line have seen the light of day if her last name had been Smith?

Edited by remotecontrolfreak
  • Love 3

Has it been theorized that Trump and Geraldo hatched their little plan together? Geraldo would only be on the show if he could win, but he would act like a douche the entire time and no matter what Trump wouldn't fire him? At first Geraldo's actions riled the other contestants, but now everyone is resigned to his bad behavior and it's very tiresome.

Has it been theorized that Trump and Geraldo hatched their little plan together? Geraldo would only be on the show if he could win, but he would act like a douche the entire time and no matter what Trump wouldn't fire him? At first Geraldo's actions riled the other contestants, but now everyone is resigned to his bad behavior and it's very tiresome.

Geraldo is not acting anything.  He is being himself!  I doubt any plan was hatched. 

• Love 1

I woke up this morning with "Because I'm fabulous" being chanted in my head. Worst way to ever wake up. My first thought was I finally died and was in hell.

Don Jr. is interesting to follow on Twitter. I don't follow him but I did read some of his tweets about the recent episode. Apparently the kids on Brandi's boat were his and he said they are still scarred.

I would like to see a Johnny Damon and Leeza Gibbons final because truly they are the only two who are tolerable to watch.

I assumed Kate had Vivica and Kenya go shopping because Geraldo would have thrown a tantrum if he had been sent shopping. Speaking of Vivica, damn, her curls were looking amazing. I wish I could get mine to consistently look like that.

EYE-an must assume he is creating a how-to video on how to be an epic douchebag instead of competing to charity.

• Love 5

I woke up this morning with "Because I'm fabulous" being chanted in my head. Worst way to ever wake up. My first thought was I finally died and was in hell.

Don Jr. is interesting to follow on Twitter. I don't follow him but I did read some of his tweets about the recent episode. Apparently the kids on Brandi's boat were his and he said they are still scarred.

I would like to see a Johnny Damon and Leeza Gibbons final because truly they are the only two who are tolerable to watch.

I assumed Kate had Vivica and Kenya go shopping because Geraldo would have thrown a tantrum if he had been sent shopping. Speaking of Vivica, damn, her curls were looking amazing. I wish I could get mine to consistently look like that.

EYE-an must assume he is creating a how-to video on how to be an epic douchebag instead of competing to charity.

I thought those were Trump kids at the time - glad to know I was right.  

And yes to everything above, you nailed it. 

Kenya's "first family" comment in the boardroom blew me out the water. I was so embarrassed for her... that was some mighty ass-kissing she did there. Even the Donald's offspring were amused.

The Donald missed a golden opportunity to increase his appeal there. Can you imagine if he had simply said, "First family? First family? C'mon, Kenya. I like brown nosers as much as anyone, but that's taking it a bit too far, don't you think? Though I do have a beautiful family." There may even have been love for The Donald, at least for a few seconds.

There's no way that Geraldo is THAT good of an actor (or Ian either for that matter) to PLAY that completely self-centric nonsense that they spew.  At least most of Ian's self-love happens behind the scenes.  Lordy, was Geraldo's "show" on the ship cringeworthy.  Especially interspersed with his claims of being a NYC expert.

Perhaps. But my theory is that a TV person with Geraldo's extensive experience with the medium would have no trouble being that character. He is basically just exaggerating what everyone already thinks about TV talking heads. And I don't think he is a stupid man, he probably really knows stuff.

Eye-on *is* an actor, and whould be capable of being whatever the show wants him to be if it means he hangs around longer to win money for his charity. Because that would be the behind-the-scenes deal. "OK, you two be these characters, and we promise you will not be eliminated until late and therefore will have the opportunity to make more money for your charities - AND you will be in the public eye like in ways you haven't been for years, if ever." I could see that easily.

Edited by Ottis
  • Love 1

speaking of Kenya's first family remark...I just saw this retweeted.  I don't follow her, but someone I followed just retweeted

Vivica A. Fox ‏@MsVivicaFox  · Jan 27 
Just wanna make this clear 2 @KenyaMoore THIS is the 1st family! Mkay #IJS #TeamFox #TeamVivica  #CelebApprentice ;)

hee - it was a picture of the Obama's

• Love 3

There's only room for one pompous arrogant ass at the end of Celebrity Apprentice. And that's Donald Sr. I predict Geraldo will not win. I get an undercurrent of sarcasm from Trump in his comments to Geraldo. And honestly Geraldo looked like a senile Grampa sitting between Kenya and Viveca while they traded barbs. 

• Love 2

There's only room for one pompous arrogant ass at the end of Celebrity Apprentice. And that's Donald Sr. I predict Geraldo will not win. I get an undercurrent of sarcasm from Trump in his comments to Geraldo. And honestly Geraldo looked like a senile Grampa sitting between Kenya and Viveca while they traded barbs. 

Well, honestly, I thought Piers Morgan was a pompous ass, and he won. 

• Love 2

I forgot one of my favorite parts last night. When EYE-an messed up the name of Trump's hotel/resort and Trump corrected him. He was like "Would you like me to start over?" and Trump responded "No, but the name is ...."

*sorry, I don't remember the name. Doral something.

• Love 2

From Geraldo's speech to his disgusting chat with the Hooter's girls he should be gone.  What a pervert.  Sig wasn't good but Geraldo did his team in. Geraldo isn't ever going because if he wasn't fired for that effort he never will be.

That is the thing...Geraldo should have been fired several times before and is usually the biggest reason when his team loses.  And it sucks that the only ones left that I have any respect for are Leeza and Johnny and not even sure how much Johnny has contributed (has he even been the PM yet...can't remember).  Of course the editing is done to show the infighting and not much else (besides horrible visions of Geraldo).

• Love 1

Hey guys,

There was quite a lot of off topic discussion today.  Several posts were hidden until Mark & I could review them.  I went ahead a created the thread to discuss The Trumps & guest boardroom members.

I'm going to unhide the posts now and leave them in this thread.  But please use the new one from now on.  Also, as a side note, if you are talking about the show in general and not about a specific episode, please use the All Episodes thread.

Thanks everybody.

Sig lost me with that out of nowhere angry outburst. 

I could have sworn there was a teaser clip for the season that showed him shouting at somebody about something different – I suspect he had been directing people all day to do stuff that they weren’t doing, and that’s why he lost it at the new bartenders, and not that that was the first glitch in the day and he completely freaked.  

They toasted him and seemed to have liked him well enough, so I'd say overall he did well, even if it was mostly behind the scenes stuff.

Though I knew he was sunk as soon as he brought up Hooters, the women COULD have finessed that by telling him that if he went in that direction he needed eye candy for the ladies as well.  I will go out on a limb and bet that Hooters is going to pay a hefty promotional consideration donation.

I loved his painful grimace-y, headshaking  smile while telling Geraldo “no” about the parade of idiocy he wanted. Too bad he dropped the ball on reining him in the rest of the task.

I liked the fact that he held his composure as Geraldo compared himself to him as a “seafarer,” and managed to confuse the Barent sea with the Bering Sea.

I am sure Trump knew about Geraldo’s epic salute to the huddled masses yearning to breathe free and defeat terrorists because one of his kids was on board to witness it.  I'm sure discussion of it ended up on the floor with all the other pointing out of Geraldo's douchebaggery.

• Love 4

I assumed Kate had Vivica and Kenya go shopping because Geraldo would have thrown a tantrum if he had been sent shopping

Well, Kenya pleaded with Kate to not go shopping and pretty much threw a tantrum but Kate just ignored her.

Its kind of funny too because Vivica said in a previous challenge that Kate should be fired for taking up and wasting time during a project.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 3

I don't know what's up with Geraldo, and I don't understand what the connection is between Geraldo and Trump.  Since Day One, Geraldo has been designated Trump's sidekick, and even their knowing glances can't be ignored.  Further, it's clear that Geraldo himself considers himself King of the Ant Hill.  He is clearly untouchable, despite the list of ignorant moves he's made.

Don't set a hot microphone down anywhere near Geraldo, or he'll grab it.  He begins to pant.  His eyeballs roll up into his head, and he turns into the Blue Monster himself!  Loving the sound of his voice as he does, he launches into anything that rolls off the top of his head and, coupling it with drama, he turns a simple boat tour into a Fourth of July oration.  By the time he ends it, he's foaming at the mouth, and everyone else has been lulled to sleep.  He strides away with a self-satisfied smirk, a barrel-chested beast filled with bravado (in his mind) or baloney (in others' minds).  He doesn't care what he babbles as long as he can babble.

Will Geraldo never get fired?  I'm left with only two certainties:  1) that if I'm ever in charge of making  a commercial, Geraldo will NEVER be my song and dance man, and 2) if I ever give a water tour of New York, Geraldo will NEVER be my announcer OR my besotted bartender!

• Love 8

I couldn't help but pick up on the hypocrisy of Kate getting all prim and family friendly re: the Hooters Girls, when on the earlier episodes she was rockin' the push-up bra and low slung tops. For that matter she seems to feature her cleavage on a lot of her Kate Plus Eight episodes.