Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Live And Learn

• Start Topic

but it's funny to me that people are always complaining about how fake reality shows are, and then when they show something "real", i.e. sending kids off to college, that's deemed "boring."

I think this had more to do with the law of diminishing returns.  Not only were we subjected to it over multiple episodes, but we also got it in the next-times and comings-up.  If the editors had just shown Kyle or Yolanda losing it only one time, I think the fan response would have been much more favorable.  Mauricio's teary eyes had a million times more impact than the hours of Kyle's blubbering.

I will admit, however, that it was a perfect setup for Kyle's pregnancy joke, which was the one and only time she made me laugh.

• Love 6

I can't help but think for a second that Yolanda might have wrote it.  It seems that Yo is a very overbearing mother and Bella and Gigi couldn't get out of that house and across the country fast enough.  Heck, Bella said she would sleep on the floor.  It also seems that Bella had no input into the decorating of her apartment.  The apartment was for Yo....to once again put her 'talent' as a mother and decorator on display.  It's also amazing how she does this with her self proclaimed incapacitating disease (no question Lyme can be but Yo's exaggeration of how she is suffering is too much when you see her on the show).

I also can't help but think, like someone else stated, that Max has been brought on the show so Lisa can show how she is a caring mother.  The problem is that she and Ken are further showing how much they see him as an outsider.  I think Max has always thought he wasn't good enough and that's why he has had problems.  They move to LA to be close to Pandi.  Never mind how Max would feel about being uprooted.  Didn't they also ship him off to Idaho or someplace when he had a drug problem?  The kid may well have felt for a long time that why try?  He'll never be Pandi. 

I dislike what Lisa said about Max not being blood related as well, but then it occurred to me that she said it in a TH segment. Before I trash her I would like to know what the producer asked her to get that answer. Is it possible, I believe it is, that the producer asked Lisa point blank if Max's being adopted could be a factor in his current behavior and that is why she said what she did. The HWs are asked questions by producers that we never hear while we only hear the HWs answer. This fact needs to be taken into account with Lisa and all of the women in their TH segments IMO.

As for sending Max to drug rehab out of state, maybe it was the best facility for his addiction and had nothing to do with them being embarrassed beyond a parents natural embarrassment over their child becoming an addict. Wasn't it Lisa that told us he had addiction problems to begin with? Also, Lisa is not the first parent to compare children's strengths/weaknesses, most parents do this, it just so happens that Lisa did it in answer to a producers question in her TH segment for a TV show.

• Love 7
The only think I got from this episode was $1,800 a month for a college students meals!!! Oh and nails.  $1,800 A MONTH?!?! In Arizona no less?!?!  I done heard it all now. Man, I hate to use the back in my day rhetoric, but, back in my day my ass was happy as a pig in shit when I found $5 that I didn’t know I had in the pocket of one of my jeans. $1,800 for food and nails would have lasted me several semesters let alone one damn month.

Kyle and Mauricio: The ultimate ‘started from the bottom now we here’ story.  How soon they forget.  Wasn’t it just a few episodes ago when they were giving the ‘we was poor’ story and we want the girls, especially, Portia to know the value of a dollar? That just struck me as strange in light of this episode. More so Mauricio since he is the businessman. I just don’t know why he wouldn’t find that amount ridiculous but I guess coming from California, it sounded about right. But still. Just damn!!!

That little clip of Mauricio and Kyle trying to do math was the funniest of the episode.  Mauricio's trying to figure out a per diem for daily restaurant food, while Kyle is piping in with nails and not being able to think of anything else besides getting her nails done that she'd need.  I couldn't stop laughing.  "And shampoo, Kyle!  Nails and shampoo!  And lots of sunscreen, heavy-duty!"

I guess Mauricio settled on $60 per day for expenses, including food and nails.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 3

The kids going off to college is not the problem. It's the crying , blithering idiots the mothers become that we have to be subjected to over and over that is the problem. In fact, all of the kids seem pretty cool about it. As if they can't wait to get the hell away. Can you blame them? 

• Love 5

I don't think they've set up Alexia to fail. By all accounts, they were the same way when Farrah left for NYU. She transferred two years later to a nearby school (USC), but she's not only graduated, she's a thriving, college-educated woman who works for her family's business. 

Ugh. I'm not looking forward to next week. If Kim is acting strangely, Kyle will get the brunt of that. For seasons, whenever Kim has acted in ways that suggest she's drunk, she gets a light pass while others rail on Kyle for...whatever reasons. I also await Brandi giving some pithy TH comment about Kyle wanting Kim to fail and relapse and blah blah blah. 

I don't think Kyle will get much flack or blame for Kim falling off the wagon this time. I think the tide changed on that after the Paris trip. JMO

But they always showed a decoy building for Ramona.  So who knows.  

How about Eileen's stepson's friend having been Gigi's prom date.  So maybe Eileen really is "my friend Eileen" to Yo!

Yolanda said that she did not know Eileen prior to her joining the BH cast. Eileen said that they never met before as well but that she remembered meeting Gigi at her, Eileen's, house when she was a guest of her stepson. Yolanda seemed surprised to hear that, I got the impression that Yolanda was not familiar with Gigi's friends outside her modeling career. 

That little clip of Mauricio and Kyle trying to do math was the funniest of the episode.  Mauricio's trying to figure out a per diem for daily restaurant food, while Kyle is piping in with nails and not being able to think of anything else besides getting her nails done that she'd need.  I couldn't stop laughing.  "And shampoo, Kyle!  Nails and shampoo!  And lots of sunscreen, heavy-duty!"

I guess Mauricio settled on $60 per day for expenses, including food and nails.

Doesn't her, Alexia, tuition include food/cafeteria? I understand that she is living off campus, which is odd in itself for a freshman at most colleges, but why didn't they buy/pay for the school meal package? 

• Love 2

Ugh. I'm not looking forward to next week. If Kim is acting strangely, Kyle will get the brunt of that. For seasons, whenever Kim has acted in ways that suggest she's drunk, she gets a light pass while others rail on Kyle for...whatever reasons. I also await Brandi giving some pithy TH comment about Kyle wanting Kim to fail and relapse and blah blah blah.

I really didn't see a lot of blame placed on Kyle since the limo incident.  I think people were rightfully upset with Kyle during that episode, but after that, Kim's behavior turned the tide in favor of Kyle. I'm not a big Kyle fan, but the one thing I always give her slack about is her dealings with Kim.  

In the scene for next week, it did look like Kyle wouldn't let up, but I still can't blame her completely. She was worried about her sister.  Now Brandi can fuck right the hell off.  Shoving Kyle like that is inexcusable. It looked like Kyle stumbled off of a step when Brandi shoved her. Kyle's lucky she didn't fall down.

• Love 4

I also don't bat an eye at Yolanda's girls each getting their apt and having it paid for. If I had that kind of money there is no way my kids would have to pay their way through collage or really lower their standard of living. Why? What would the point or lesson be? Here kid, you've had only the finest things in life, never a worry or care about money but now that you're 18 aand need to focus on school I'm going to yank that from you so you can learn to be poor and humble? Makes no sense.

The problem is that it would seem to be FUN to live with your sister in New York.  I think part of the good times of college and life in a big city is having someone to share it with--not going home to some cold and impersonally decorated apartment.  And given their different schedules, it's not like they would be on top of each other.  

As for Alexia getting $1,800 a month -- I think it's rather dangerous to report just how much money Alexia has.  I can see her classmate/friends all expecting her to pay for their meals, their gas, their booze …  BTW, the commuter Food Plan is $3,500 A YEAR.  

• Love 5
I dislike what Lisa said about Max not being blood related as well, but then it occurred to me that she said it in a TH segment. Before I trash her I would like to know what the producer asked her to get that answer. Is it possible, I believe it is, that the producer asked Lisa point blank if Max's being adopted could be a factor in his current behavior and that is why she said what she did. The HWs are asked questions by producers that we never hear while we only hear the HWs answer. This fact needs to be taken into account with Lisa and all of the women in their TH segments IMO.

Maybe with some of these women I can give them that pass, during their first season.  But Vanderpump has done this for 5 years, she's on two of these shows now, she (like a lot of the women) uses the TH as an opportunity to seem witty or toss an insult- she's too savvy for me to cut slack on account of editing and producer inducement.  I would think differently if it were a pure voiceover, however, because some of those are clearly stitched together and out of context.

In the scene for next week, it did look like Kyle wouldn't let up, but I still can't blame her completely. She was worried about her sister.  Now Brandi can fuck right the hell off.  Shoving Kyle like that is inexcusable. It looked like Kyle stumbled off of a step when Brandi shoved her. Kyle's lucky she didn't fall down

I don't know how much preview talk is allowed (forgive me, mods!) but I agree with this.  There's what's real for tv, and what's real for life, and I think "my sister might be relapsing" is definitely the latter. Here's hoping Brandi's not trying to get involved where she shouldn't.

Edited by phoenix780
  • Love 5

Doesn't her, Alexia, tuition include food/cafeteria? I understand that she is living off campus, which is odd in itself for a freshman at most colleges, but why didn't they buy/pay for the school meal package? 

I've gone to a couple of schools and lived on and off campus; and if Alexia is willing to prepare/cook or at least buy takeout wisely, she's better off doing that than using most meal plans that schools offer.  Just going off my experience of many, many years ago.  (And I didn't receive any stipend, I used the money I earned the prior summer, plus earnings from whatevr P/T job I could get around school, to get me through the year.)

• Love 3

What's the deal with people saying Kyle hosted a wine tasting?  I thought they are at game night at Lisa Rinna's next week?

I think Brandi and Kyle are doing their grab fest at steps. Brandi should just stay out of Kyle and Kim's dynamic.  She probably feels like she is protecting Kim/shielding Kim from cameras? confrontation.  But leave the Richards sisters to their stuff.

So many people think this week is boring.  Brandi complains that Eileen is boring. Somehow the outrageous crap that we are seeing seems to be some bonus money coming from production.  (We need you to liven things up a bit!).

• Love 2

Brandi says Eddie's name how many times per episode, yet she bitches when they mention her during their reality show?  She's done so over how many seasons?  And I'd like to know what groceries she buys that cost $1k per week (she made a comment that Eddie's 1k in support would only cover like a week of groceries).  Oh wait, I'm guessing she drinks most of her meals.  Never mind.    What does she do with the money she makes from this show and her books?  

Amen.  I couldn't get over this idiot who has made a career out of being the scorned wife, makes sure she brings up the infidelity just about every episode.  She is such a waste of space.

• Love 7

$1,800 probably isn't too absurd for Alexia's allowance.  They are probably assuming she's eating out for all her meals since if she can't do laundry, she probably can't cook either.  On the topic of laundry, she probably "has" to pay for fluff and fold since she doesn't know a washer from a dryer.  Things are more expensive when others do them for you.  Also, if she's eating her meals on campus they are probably expensive.  I never had an on campus meal plan, I just had money put in my on campus discretionary spending account and I think I blew through at least $2k a semester for just on campus spending and I didn't eat on campus that often and it was 15-20 years ago. My brothers are in college now and I think they only get $1k a month on top of rent (unless they call for more), but they have jobs and my dad isn't as rich as Mauricio (much to my dismay).  I'm not sure about that one $1k figure though, as Brandi has recently pointed out, it isn't even enough for groceries for a week, and I don't care enough to be all up in my dad's finances and know exactly how much is sent to the boys, I just remember my step-mom talking about it in passing.  

I don't know about all colleges, but I thought most made room for the freshmen and the upper class are the ones who are denied a room or on a lottery system to get one.

When I was at USC there was a big housing shortage and just like with classes, upper classmen got first dibs.  Our shortage was so bad that they were shoving extra kids into the on-campus housing and making them sleep in common areas and the school took over the hotel across the street and had kids living there.  

As it stands now it sounds like Brandi is getting a $1,000.00 a month child support check.  I think she should thank her lucky stars-that is $12,000.00 a year in tax free money.  Whatever the amount it remains that Eddie wasn't asking for child support and Brandi again made misstatements (out and out lied) about the legal process.

I snipped the quote, but everything you wrote was great and added a ton of clarity to this thread about the issue and dispelled many of Brandi's lies.  What I find hard to believe, is that someone that overpaid by $114k in just 4 years is only paying $1k per month now.  Either they decided to partially cut her payments to account for the over-payment due to her refusing to have it taken out of her Eddie-paid retirement, or the $1000 was for something else, or she was straight up lying about the amount of the check (it's not like we could read it).  I'm sure it is a shock to her that her 4 years of alimony ran out and she's only getting child support now, so she's eager to bitch on top of her propensity to lie and create drama while painting herself the victim.  I guess it's also likely that she's just too dumb to understand what's going on.

I thought the same, too.  And she was on her way to her first day of class.  SMH.  Parson's is a school of design but even a fashion school probably has a dress code of some sort, no?  

I don't know that it is super common for colleges to have dress codes, we didn't when I went.  In theory, the people attending are adults.  Of course we didn't have to have modesty police at the door to the prom when I was in school either.  Crap, I'm old.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 3

Although I thought an entire episode of crying mothers was a bit much, I still enjoyed the episode overall. Mainly because I felt like the episode made most of the HW's look like real people with real emotions instead of silly stupid women fighting over dumb crap.

Brandi says Eddie's name how many times per episode, yet she bitches when they mention her during their reality show?

Brandi is a complete waste of space. She certainly doesn't know the meaning of irony. And her bitching about 1000 a week for food?!? GTFO! Hey Eddie send me that money, I will be very grateful and happy for it!

Eileen continues to make this show for me. I liked Lisa R again too but wow those lips. Lisa stop doing those exercises!

Lisa V and her son? Yikes. I generally have enjoyed her on this show but did not like her stance on how this kid is somehow different because he's adopted (and therefore has lazy genes or something).

Next week looks like a hot mess and I'm not sure i'm up for it!

• Love 2

Maybe with some of these women I can give them that pass, during their first season.  But Vanderpump has done this for 5 years, she's on two of these shows now, she (like a lot of the women) use the TH as an opportunity to seem witty or toss an insult- she's too savvy for me to cut slack on account of editing and producer inducement.  I would think differently if it were a pure voiceover, however, because some of those are clearly stitched together and out of context.

I don't know how much preview talk is allowed (forgive me, mods!) but I agree with this.  There's what's real for tv, and what's real for life, and I think "my sister might be relapsing" is definitely the latter. Here's hoping Brandi's not trying to get involved where she shouldn't.

Yes, Lisa is savvy about her image on the show but she has also been forth coming about her children and some of their issue, more so Max. When she made the bloodline/adoption comment it was in direct response to a producers question, that much is clear IMO. Now what the producer asked is the question and again, Lisa has been honest about her kids. She does not try to blow smoke up our asses about them like some HW's do.

$1,800 probably isn't too absurd for Alexia's allowance.  They are probably assuming she's eating out for all her meals since if she can't do laundry, she probably can't cook either.  On the topic of laundry, she probably "has" to pay for fluff and fold since she doesn't know a washer from a dryer.  Things are more expensive when others do them for you.  Also, if she's eating her meals on campus they are probably expensive.  I never had an on campus meal plan, I just had money put in my on campus discretionary spending account and I think I blew through at least $2k a semester for just on campus spending and I didn't eat on campus that often and it was 15-20 years ago. My brothers are in college now and I think they only get $1k a month on top of rent (unless they call for more), but they have jobs and my dad isn't as rich as Mauricio (much to my dismay).  I'm not sure about that one $1k figure though, as Brandi has recently pointed out, it isn't even enough for groceries for a week, and I don't care enough to be all up in my dad's finances and know exactly how much is sent to the boys, I just remember my step-mom talking about it in passing.  

When I was at USC there was a big housing shortage and just like with classes, upper classmen got first dibs.  Our shortage was so bad that they were shoving extra kids into the on-campus housing and making them sleep in common areas and the school took over the hotel across the street and had kids living there.  

I snipped the quote, but everything you wrote was great and added a ton of clarity to this thread about the issue and dispelled many of Brandi's lies.  What I find hard to believe, is that someone that overpaid by $114k in just 4 years is only paying $1k per month now.  Either they decided to partially cut her payments to account for the over-payment due to her refusing to have it taken out of her Eddie-paid retirement, or the $1000 was for something else, or she was straight up lying about the amount of the check (it's not like we could read it).  I'm sure it is a shock to her that her 4 years of alimony ran out and she's only getting child support now, so she's eager to bitch on top of her propensity to lie and create drama while painting herself the victim.  I guess it's also likely that she's just too dumb to understand what's going on.

I don't know that it is super common for colleges to have dress codes, we didn't when I went.  In theory, the people attending are adults.  Of course we didn't have to have modesty police at the door to the prom when I was in school either.  Crap, I'm old.

When Eddie, his lawyer, finally responded in press to Brandi's allegations that he was asking for child support back he/they denied it was child support. They said it was over payment of alimony that was uncovered by a firm both sides hire to do an audit of all the payments to ensure that Brandi got the correct amount she was awarded in the divorce. Something Brandi agreed to, the audit. That company found out that Eddie over paid Brandi $114K in alimony and Eddie asked to have that money deducted from his retirement plan, not Brandi's retirement plan, from the amount she was awarded from his plan! Brandi and her lawyer are the only ones to claim it was child support in any way, the letter from the audit company stated "alimony" but that does not get her any sympathy so she claimed child support and finally added in alimony. Just another twisted way for her, Brandi, to try and get back fan support that she lost over the last 1-2seasons by once again claiming she is a victim of big bad cheating Eddie.

• Love 10

Isn't Max's girlfriend much older than Max? And her name is Allison? I know it is improbable, but how awesome would it be if he was dating Allison DuBois? I would give anything to see that storyline!

• Love 5

Yes, Lisa is savvy about her image on the show but she has also been forth coming about her children and some of their issue, more so Max. When she made the bloodline/adoption comment it was in direct response to a producers question, that much is clear IMO. Now what the producer asked is the question and again, Lisa has been honest about her kids. She does not try to blow smoke up our asses about them like some HW's do.

Brad and Angelina, as the world knows, have biological and adopted children. Like Lisa, they're celebrities who are asked this question by interviewers, and they never make a distinction between their children. Lisa is smart. Even if she only volunteered the info. because an offscreen producer fed her questions, she answered it the way she did because it's how she feels. Which is the point, and it's sad. For Max, and for any person watching who's adopted, imo.

• Love 20

It was interesting to me to see both Yolanda and Kyle dealing with the same story of having a child going off to college. With Yolanda, it was all about the funiture and conrolling every aspect of the design of the apartment and a moment in which her daughter reassures her that the mistake she recently made isn't a reflection of the person she was raised to be. In contrast, you have Mauricio and Kyle (and family) touring the campus, having family dinners, and discussing things like how they really wanted her in a dorm and what classes the daughter is taking. I've often been on the fence with Kyle but for me this episode made them so incredibly relatable which is something I never thought I'd say about any of these women. I thought the addition of Eileen's perspective as a stepmother who had helped to raise sons an interesting counterpart to the mother seeing her daughter off to school. I can understand why some may have been bored by this episode, but for me it was interesting to see how each family responded.

Looks like next week we go back to screaming and hysteria. That I find boring.

• Love 22

I dislike what Lisa said about Max not being blood related as well, but then it occurred to me that she said it in a TH segment. Before I trash her I would like to know what the producer asked her to get that answer. Is it possible, I believe it is, that the producer asked Lisa point blank if Max's being adopted could be a factor in his current behavior and that is why she said what she did. The HWs are asked questions by producers that we never hear while we only hear the HWs answer. This fact needs to be taken into account with Lisa and all of the women in their TH segments IMO.

As for sending Max to drug rehab out of state, maybe it was the best facility for his addiction and had nothing to do with them being embarrassed beyond a parents natural embarrassment over their child becoming an addict. Wasn't it Lisa that told us he had addiction problems to begin with? Also, Lisa is not the first parent to compare children's strengths/weaknesses, most parents do this, it just so happens that Lisa did it in answer to a producers question in her TH segment for a TV show.

Yeah when I was watching the show I thought she was repeating a producers question. It never occurred to me that she just brought this up out of the blue. Nor have I ever thought that her stating that they adopted Max out of Foster Care was something that should be hidden. Then again, I like Lisa so maybe I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt.

I also think that Lisa is obviously a very girly girl and has been featured on the show with Pandora planning weddings & parties. Although there were scenes of him at family dinners and Lisa & Ken checking out a music school he wanted to go to. Max was an emo teenager who didn't want to be featured much on the show by his own choice at the time. He called his own self lazy and he's just been content to live off his parents. Lol, he was honest. Now that he's a little older he might see the easy money/opportunities that come with Reality TV fame and he wants a piece. Or his older girlfriend is motivating him to do better.

• Love 4

When Eddie, his lawyer, finally responded in press to Brandi's allegations that he was asking for child support back he/they denied it was child support. They said it was over payment of alimony that was uncovered by a firm both sides hire to do an audit of all the payments to ensure that Brandi got the correct amount she was awarded in the divorce. Something Brandi agreed to, the audit. That company found out that Eddie over paid Brandi $114K in alimony and Eddie asked to have that money deducted from his retirement plan, not Brandi's retirement plan, from the amount she was awarded from his plan! Brandi and her lawyer are the only ones to claim it was child support in any way, the letter from the audit company stated "alimony" but that does not get her any sympathy so she claimed child support and finally added in alimony. Just another twisted way for her, Brandi, to try and get back fan support that she lost over the last 1-2seasons by once again claiming she is a victim of big bad cheating Eddie.

I understand that.  I just find it hard to believe that someone that overpaid their alimony by $114k in only 4 years time is only paying $1k a month in child support.  I assume Brandi is either lying or too stupid to understand what's going on.  The only other thing I could think of, is that if the check really was only $1000 and for the whole month, maybe the court ruling on the other matter was to deduct the over-payment from future child support payments since Brandi seemed so aghast at having it paid back via the retirement account settlement.  My understanding is that Brandi said she won in court regarding the $114k (but again, lying and dumb, so who knows), but that details have not been released due to a gag order.  I seriously cannot stand Brandi, so I didn't take time to actually research what's been released about this though, aside from the easily found stuff that you so nicely summed up (not being snarky, it was a great summary).

Brad and Angelina, as the world knows, have biological and adopted children. Like Lisa, they're celebrities who are asked this question by interviewers, and they never make a distinction between their children. Lisa is smart. Even if she only volunteered the info. because an offscreen producer fed her questions, she answered it the way she did because it's how she feels. Which is the point, and it's sad. For Max, and for any person watching who's adopted, imo.

Except that one time in the Feb 2007 issue of Elle UK when Angelina said Shiloh was a privileged blob that she loved less than the adopted kids.

"I think I feel so much more for Madd and Zee because they're survivors, they came through so much," Jolie says in the new issue of U.K. Elle.

"Shiloh seemed so privileged from the moment she was born. I have less inclination to feel for her...I met my other kids when they were 6 months old, they came with a personality. A newborn really is this...Yes, a blob! But now she's starting to have a personality...I'm conscious that I have to make sure I don't ignore her needs, just because I think the others are more vulnerable."

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 5

The first episode of the first RH show was Jeana packing Shane off to a community college in Arizona and the family in tow.  It sounds like every kid who goes away to college is going to get their 15 minutes on the various RH franchises.  I liked the way the whole family was involved with Alexia and I do think she genuinely likes being around her family.  She was only there a couple of months before she was home recuperating from the dog bite and surgery for a month.  Then it was Mexico for Christmas and Vail for New Years.  Before the bite Kyle was tweeting photos of the family visiting Alexia in Arizona. 

I am feeling bad for Max and I wonder why he isn't advancing up the ranks a little faster.  Maybe its me but it would seem that two weeks as a busboy should be enough to master that job.  Since his folks are the proprietors why not a spin as the host or maître d?  Since Lisa and Ken tend to sell their establishments maybe they think it a bad idea for him to get too comfortable with a career in a particular family restaurant(s). Last time I saw Max on Vanderpump Rules Lisa was telling him he needed a bath.   Pandora and her husband on the other hand seem t be involved in the Sangria and vodka business.  I noticed that Pandora now goes by Pandora Vanderpump Todd Sabo.  Interesting.  Maybe Max needs to add Vanderpump to his name.  Could Lisa who has been so careful to cultivate her public persona really be that clueless in regards to her insensitive statements regarding Max's adoption? 

• Love 8

ITA that is it really important for Kyle and Mauricio that their daughters get college educations. She and Kim really have a leg up on both Big Kathy and Kathy Hilton in that department.  But how is Alexia to feel confident in moving on alone in college when she looks back at that blubbering mess of Kyle.

Sophia and Farah were the ones telling Mauricio and Kyle that Alexia was going to be fine, that she makes friends easily.  Mauricio's word "survive," he uses 2 different times.  That's not a word a parent uses who believes it is a great, exciting time for his daughter.  His "problem" (his word) is that they want her presence in their home.  That's not "normal, right, or natural."  They put their own sense of loss above their daughter's need for strength/support.

I just don't think she seemed like a blubbering mess at all. Sure she kept tearing up or crying in scenes where she was really thinking about Alexia leaving, but she didn't seem like she was in any way really not handling this kid going away to college. My mother never cried like that (at least in front of me) but the whole family seems to know that Kyle cries fairly easily about stuff like this. It seemed like there were lots of scenes in between those when she was totally looking forward to things with Alexia and talking about it like it was a good thing. The kids didn't seem upset as if Kyle was really going off the deep end.

I thought by stating their feelings flat out they were admitting that they were irrational. They didn't really think her leaving was unnatural, they were saying that as parents they were used to having her around so it felt wrong to them even though they knew it was right. There was no threat that Alexia leaving was going to make Mauricio or Kyle unstable or fall apart by going, they just genuinely like her company and would miss her because they love her. Maybe Alexia hated that they did it--she'd have every right to if she did, but it didn't seem to come from a truly unhealthy or selfish place to me.

Like, I agree that "we're here for you" is different from "you can come home," but I think Kyle meant the latter. She really did think, for whatever reason, that it was important for her daughter to know she didn't have to be miserable at college for fear of disappointing her. I don't think it was necessary for her to say and I see how it could sound like a hint that Alexia should come home (especially since Kyle's told her how much she's going to miss her) but in the context of all the encouragement these kids seem to get, it didn't strike me at all as true sabotage of Alexia's confidence.

I guess basically this kind of thing is hard to pin down--maybe Kyle's behavior did have this sort of effect on Alexia. But I think one could just as easily turn it around and say that parents who with-held this kind of emotion made the kid feel like they were glad she was leaving and that she'd better do well or they'd consider her a failure. I can only say that given everything both Kyle and Mauricio said--not just in crying scenes but in general--that their intentions were completely healthy. They wanted Alexia to know that they'll miss her because they love her and loved being her parents but they want her to have a great time at college and have a great adult life.

• Love 13

I think Eileen was less emotional about her stepson leaving because he was returning for his senior year.  This was the first time both girls were going away.  Definitely more emotional.  Kyle was just way OTT about it.

Lisa is smart enough to answer adoption questions artfully, no matter how they are asked.  Like "genes have nothing to do with it. Max and Pandora are just two different people just as every child in every family is different."

• Love 7

They wanted Alexia to know that they'll miss her because they love her and loved being her parents but they want her to have a great time at college and have a great adult life.

But sometimes kids get homesick, or just don't like their experience, which could mean their roommate, the social scene, the classes, anything, and I think it's important for parents to teach their kids to stick it out, to give it time, not to quit, etc., especially when it's a kid living away from home for the first time, like most college freshmen. It can be scary, esp. for sheltered kids, or kids that are really close to their parents or siblings. But Kyle didn't even wait for Alexia to say she was homesick or unhappy - she gave her the message out of the gate that she could come home for any reason. I think the better approach is to send your child off with encouragement, and see how it goes. If Alexia is homesick after a few months, encourage her to stick it out for at least the semester. If it's a prevailing problem after a significant period of time, then sure, talk to her about other options, ie. moving closer to home. But I think the whole "you won't disappoint me if you want to come home" speech was more about Kyle's feelings, not Alexia.

• Love 7

I just don't think she seemed like a blubbering mess at all. Sure she kept tearing up or crying in scenes where she was really thinking about Alexia leaving, but she didn't seem like she was in any way really not handling this kid going away to college. My mother never cried like that (at least in front of me) but the whole family seems to know that Kyle cries fairly easily about stuff like this. It seemed like there were lots of scenes in between those when she was totally looking forward to things with Alexia and talking about it like it was a good thing. The kids didn't seem upset as if Kyle was really going off the deep end.

I thought by stating their feelings flat out they were admitting that they were irrational. They didn't really think her leaving was unnatural, they were saying that as parents they were used to having her around so it felt wrong to them even though they knew it was right. There was no threat that Alexia leaving was going to make Mauricio or Kyle unstable or fall apart by going, they just genuinely like her company and would miss her because they love her. Maybe Alexia hated that they did it--she'd have every right to if she did, but it didn't seem to come from a truly unhealthy or selfish place to me.

Like, I agree that "we're here for you" is different from "you can come home," but I think Kyle meant the latter. She really did think, for whatever reason, that it was important for her daughter to know she didn't have to be miserable at college for fear of disappointing her. I don't think it was necessary for her to say and I see how it could sound like a hint that Alexia should come home (especially since Kyle's told her how much she's going to miss her) but in the context of all the encouragement these kids seem to get, it didn't strike me at all as true sabotage of Alexia's confidence.

I guess basically this kind of thing is hard to pin down--maybe Kyle's behavior did have this sort of effect on Alexia. But I think one could just as easily turn it around and say that parents who with-held this kind of emotion made the kid feel like they were glad she was leaving and that she'd better do well or they'd consider her a failure. I can only say that given everything both Kyle and Mauricio said--not just in crying scenes but in general--that their intentions were completely healthy. They wanted Alexia to know that they'll miss her because they love her and loved being her parents but they want her to have a great time at college and have a great adult life.

I saw Kyle wait until the child was gone to blubber. I dunno, my kids have been on their own for the past 15 years or so and each of us is teary at goodbyes after reunions. "Parting is such sweet sorrow." But YMMV.

• Love 3

Max is already on VPR as a bus boy.

Not me, especially if it's not a friendly break-up. 

I've had enough of the bawling over kids going to college, especially kid #2 or 3.  First, it's not fair to do it to your kid in front of them.  Second, it's feeling staged as they are reacting to the attention they got last season for it.  What's up for next season?  Hold on to the kid's leg, wailing like a banshee?

Liked the segment on Lisa & Harry filming together.  Penn is looking rough.

Lisa is too rude to Max about being adopted.  Pandy is beyond the favorite what with Lisa claiming they moved from England to LA so they could be near Pandy while she went to Pepperdine.  Then giving both Jason & Pandy jobs at the restaurant and finally handing them a business to run.

I liked Eileen and Vince with the kids.  I'm sure she's acting a bit but it seems natural.

Not looking forward to whatever is going on with Kim next week.  Brandi needs to stay out of it.  And Kyle needs to remember that Kim isn't her child even if she's acting like one. 

This line in bold really really made me laugh.  

• Love 2

I'm not sure I understand...? This isn't anything new.  Jen has appeared on a number of episodes with Brandi since Brandi has been on the show.  They're BFFs in real life. 

I understand that Jennifer is Brandi's true friend, but that disturbs me.  This is a woman who is a supposed sober coach by trade, and I would assume a former user.  Yet she's frequently accompanying Brandi while she's drinking and mixing prescription meds.  The scene where they watch the TV show was very telling.  Jennifer was totally enabling Brandi and even egging her on.  Brandi complimented Leann (kind of) and Jen jumps all over it, encouraging Brandi to hate Leann as much as she can.  I know nothing about the training a sober coach undergoes, but it obviously requires an understanding of signs/symptoms of addiction, addictive behavior, manipulation, enabling behavior, co-dependency, accountability.  None of which I've ever witnessed in her scenes with Brandi.  You can enable a user into the grave, and Jennifer is the one person who should know this.

And Kyle's whole, "You don't have to stay."  Is so undermining to a college freshman.  Every student, even the happiest will have moments of homesickness the first semester away from home.  They really set her up to fail.  She was bit by Kim's dog sometime in October right?  So has Alexia already left school?  I hope she goes back.

I don't see her as undermining.  By all accounts, Farrah is what most parents would consider a success story, and she's a testament to her parents.  Unlike some housewives across the franchises, Kyle seems to be a mother who actually loves being a mother, and cherishes being present in her children's lives, and spending time with them daily.  Kyle is letting Alexia know that she will be deeply missed, but her family felt it was important to come as a united force and see her off to college and spend every last minute with her.  But also - rush if that's what you want, make friends, and have the time of your life.  Telling her she can come home is not setting her up to fail.  And I don't think for a minute Mauricio would support telling his daughter that she can't come home - the guy could barely say goodbye he was so emotional.  What's wrong with raising your child for eighteen years, letting her pick her own college, accompanying her to school, telling her you love her and it won't be the same without her, reassuring her that she can come home if she's unhappy, then telling her to have fun and sending her off to class?

Kyle also continually tells her children how much she wished she had gone to college, and by no means has followed Big Kathy's horrible mothering by training her girls to marry young and get knocked up often.  Also, someone in another thread brought up the fact that Kyle was probably left alone on sets at a young age (I'm sure Big Kathy personally accompanied Kim since she was the bigger star), and we know she was told to do whatever it takes to get a job.  Kyle is making sure her daughter won't feel abandoned or trapped.

• Love 16
If Alexia is homesick after a few months, encourage her to stick it out for at least the semester. If it's a prevailing problem after a significant period of time, then sure, talk to her about other options, ie. moving closer to home. But I think the whole "you won't disappoint me if you want to come home" speech was more about Kyle's feelings, not Alexia.

I agree it wasn't necessary to give Alexia that speech, and it was obviously more about Kyle's fears than Alexia since Alexia didn't yet have any reason to think she wouldn't like college. I suspect she didn't even need that speech--if she was unhappy she'd probably assume she could come home given her upbringing. But just as Kyle was jumping in creating a problem that hadn't yet happened by telling Alexia she could come home if she was unhappy, I don't yet have reason to think Alexia really needed a different approach. Even if she does come home I'd think it was only somewhat down to Kyle putting the idea in her head and mostly about Alexia's own character. I wouldn't be surprised, in fact, if in a situation like that Mauricio stepped in and suggested she stick it out.

Of course, I'm influenced by my own experience. I was always surprised by anybody I heard about how dropped out of college because there definitely seemed no going back to me. Not because my parents told me I couldn't come home but because that just didn't seem like an option. It seemed like going backwards.

Also, someone in another thread brought up the fact that Kyle was probably left alone on sets at a young age (I'm sure Big Kathy personally accompanied Kim since she was the bigger star), and we know she was told to do whatever it takes to get a job.  Kyle is making sure her daughter won't feel abandoned or trapped.

I hadn't thought of that but yeah, I wonder how Kyle's own family background and all that played into her thinking she ought to tell Alexia that. Because she honestly doesn't seem to want kids who are dependent on her or codependent with her.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Love 3

I think Kyle and clan had a really good episode. Their interactions with each other were just so sweet and genuine. Loved Portia running to Farrah and later to Mauricio, Alexia waking up Portia to give her one last goodbye and Mauricio with everyone, esp. crying with Kyle at the end.

I don't believe Lisa was prompted by producers to make the statements she made about how max is different than the rest of his family. First, while she didn't mention bloodlines, she asked him to his face why he thought he was different than the three of them. Second, after several seasons and two shows, I think she's experienced enough to know not to fall into producer traps.

Also, I believe Angelina was commenting on the differences between loving young babies who don't talk and are just cute vs. older kids who have a voice and personality. I have heard other moms say this about their second child in the first few months, esp those moms who love children but aren't big on babies.

Last, on crying moms, my mom is not the emotional type but she did tear up when she dropped me off at college, even though my college was 20 minutes away. I didn't go home that first weekend because of school events, and I remember calling her to arrange a pickup for the next weekend and she said "its been 9 days since I've seen you," which slayed me but not for long b/c by then I was having fun with my new friends. When it came time for my parents to drop me off at law school four years later and five states away, she broke down like a baby when we said goodbye even though I was 22 and pretty responsible, but I'm sure it was hard dropping her kid off alone in the middle of no where. Again, she is generally the stoic type.

Edited by VanillaBeanne
  • Love 4

I wasn't really floored by this number.  It comes to 60 bucks a day & he's figuring in meal costs.  The meal plans on campus have always been high.  I bet they'd be spending bout this much for a meal plan if she lived on campus.  Now, could she get by on less?  Absolutely, especially if she cooks.  But Mauricio can afford it.

Felt a little, look how rich we are, to me.  Meal plans at UA run from 2,500 to 3,500 a year.  http://union.arizona.edu/mealplans/plans.php%C2'> When I went away for my undergrad, I choose the 2 meal a day meal plan knowing that I'd rarely make it to breakfast. Ate out 2x a week. Didn't get any money from my parents (I'll remind my mom of it when she mentions this episode) and luckily had a couple of aunts who'd mail me $20 every so often.  The rest of my spending money came from money I brought with me that I earned during the summer.   Right now for grad school, I can say it's expensive to eat there unless you have a meal plan.  The most expensive option is 2,400 for the semester.  For me, that doesn't work because I'm on campus only 2-3 days a week but they had other options that are very reasonable.  For Alexis, I'd give her one of those reloadable or student cards and monitor what was spent.  But these are people who never taught their kid to do laundry or cook I'm guessing.  Oh, well, she can always join Farrah at The Agency when she graduates.

I understand that.  I just find it hard to believe that someone that overpaid their alimony by $114k in only 4 years time is only paying $1k a month in child support.  I assume Brandi is either lying or too stupid to understand what's going on.  The only other thing I could think of, is that if the check really was only $1000 and for the whole month, maybe the court ruling on the other matter was to deduct the over-payment from future child support payments since Brandi seemed so aghast at having it paid back via the retirement account settlement.  My understanding is that Brandi said she won in court regarding the $114k (but again, lying and dumb, so who knows), but that details have not been released due to a gag order.  I seriously cannot stand Brandi, so I didn't take time to actually research what's been released about this though, aside from the easily found stuff that you so nicely summed up (not being snarky, it was a great summary).

Sure Brandi held up a check and told us it was for $1,000 and it was for child support.  She didn't exactly say that she only gets $1,000 a month.  She is letting the viewers infer that.  I doubt that her monthly csp is only 1K.

• Love 2

Now, Yo sending HER kid off to college WAS a little annoying, because I felt it was less about that milestone in Bella's life and more of an audition for HGTV.

Why do I so want to see Yolanda in a show where she has to redo some nasty dorm rooms (the horror!) or some cheap assed student apartments - with like a 1 to 2k budget.  It's pretty easy to "design" when you have access to your ex's deep pockets. 

Too bad Max's girlfriend isn't Allison DuBois.  If she were, she'd be on RHOBH or VR by now.  The ratings would skyrocket along with Lisa's blood pressure.  

Brandi wasn't watching Eddie and Leann's show to see if the kids were on the show.  She wanted to see if/when/how much she was mentioned.  She's clearly still not over Eddie.  If he suddenly dumped Leann, lost his mind and wanted Brandi back, she'd take him back in a heartbeat.

• Love 9

Except that one time in the Feb 2007 issue of Elle UK when Angelina said Shiloh was a privileged blob that she loved less than the adopted kids.

This is what Brandi has done concerning Eddie, shade her story with just enough truth to make it all sound believable. She showed a check that was supposed to be from Eddie for child support and says it is for $1,000 but we do not really see the check nor do we know that he only pays that amount each month. This is a woman that has written 2 books that feature her ex husband and his now wife prominently, if he only paid a grand total a month for CS, she would have put that in both books in large bold print. She has made a career dumping on him and playing the victim.

Yes, Brandi said she won as did Leann, who said that Eddie won. Where the truth lies is anyone's guess at this point, both women are skilled liars.

• Love 4

College meal plans - have been down this road with two of my kids in recent history.  If you live on campus, you're required to buy one in your freshman year.  They're a ridiculous waste of money.  The food isn't that great and the last two weeks they're buying other students meals just to use the 'meals'.  After freshman year, still living on campus, no more meal plans.  And yes, they do tend to grab food rather than making food, using the little amount from their flex dollars at the on campus franchise.  They're busy with classes and school work.  It's different from when I went to school and the latest class got out at 4:30 or 5:00.  Having a couple of night classes isn't that unusual.

Yes, there is a shortage of student housing on many campuses.  So, it's not unusual for a freshman not to get into a dorm.  Do I think that Alexia's

allowance is high.  Yeah, but it's not as cheap now a days as some would think.  Even if you live on campus, there are a lot of expenses, including doing your own laundry, and if you don't have a car....  Let's not get me started on the cost of textbooks alone. 

I don't think that in any way that Kyle or Mauricio were saying that it was ok for Alexia to quit college.  What they were saying was that it was ok for her to come home - in other words go to a college closer to home.  There's nothing wrong with that...at all.  From what I've seen, both Kyle and Mauricio are great parents and their children seem to very supportive of one another.  I also liked how Mauricio is always supporting his 'girls'.  The first time was at that party when he got into the argument with Ken when Ken said that Brandi doesn't have a man to defend her.  Mauricio gave it right back to him about his daughters and women can defend themselves.  And on this episode, he made a point of saying he liked that the president of the college was a woman.  He has four daughters.

Finally, I don't think for second that Lisa got 'caught up' in a producer driven question about Max.  She's a veteran.  Plus, if you consider your children your children, whether they're adopted or not, they are your children.  You don't bring up that they are 'adopted', period.  The ironic thing about it is that Pandi is no great success story, IMO.   

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 5

It's pretty easy to "design" when you have access to your ex's deep pockets. 

Yes, this.  And it's even easier when you have a professional designer sitting right next to you.  Apparently the term "do-it-yourselfer" means something slightly different in Dutch.

• Love 13

You know, I would have sold my soul for parents who made sure I was clean and nicely dressed

for school. I would have loved help with my homework, but I didn't have to do it because I never had to show my parents a report card. I was 16 and doing sex, drugs and everything else including staying out all night with my 19 year old boyfriend.. with no accountability at all.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The love, concern and involvement of these parents, however overstated it may be, makes me weep for all of us who can't even comprehend that kind of devotion. These are very lucky young people.

And Portia is so cute I want to eat her up. I noticed that about my nephew too. So cute I want to take bites of him. But I don't. I don't have any children. Is it weird that I want to devour them?

• Love 21

If I had an ex, no, I would not watch his shitty show. Why? Because I have a life. There is a reason why people divorce and move on. Brandi is a special kind of stupid who has no life, no storyline and has the biggest stick that anyone has ever had up their ass. Brandi watches her ex's show for the same reason we watch this show - to snark.

I cannot help but notice how similar Lisa Rinna's lip and YoFo's lip look. Of course, YoFo's lip is smaller, but they are exactly the same as far as that ugly shape they each have going on, on each side of the lip. I swear, if they closed their mouths long enough, there would still room to put two cigarettes through those openings. It appears that the center of the top lip is the only part that actually touches the bottom lip. Fucking gross and demented-looking.

I don't think Kyle, and I know that Mauricio, don't go grocery shopping.  They haven't a clue.

Who can forget that shopping trip to the grocery store that Kyle and Kim did in Palm Springs during the first season? Kyle is known for putting together many huge meals for gatherings, as has been mentioned many times over the seasons. Yeah, I think she grocery shops. 

If they give their kid $1800 a month, eh, so what. That is peanuts to them.

Brandi bitching about a $1,000 a month - to use her own words...STFU.  Seriously, bitch? You earn a decent living for being a stupid bitch. How about not leasing a $100k vehicle? How much do you pay a month for that shit? What about those procedures you have done to your hands, your face, your vaginal area, your lips, your Botox, your hair extensions and all that unnecessary shit. Fucking loser.

Sadly her morning tweet was about her dogs being assholes.

Just like her boys and her ex, according to her.

I wondered if she had her dogs in a crate so that the owner of the home didn't throw her ass out for allowing them to shit all over their home.

• Love 2

If I had an ex, no, I would not watch his shitty show. Why? Because I have a life. There is a reason why people divorce and move on. Brandi is a special kind of stupid who has no life, no storyline and has the biggest stick that anyone has ever had up their ass. Brandi watches her ex's show for the same reason we watch this show - to snark.

I cannot help but notice how similar Lisa Rinna's lip and YoFo's lip look. Of course, YoFo's lip is smaller, but they are exactly the same as far as that ugly shape they each have going on, on each side of the lip. I swear, if they closed their mouths long enough, there would still room to put two cigarettes through those openings. It appears that the center of the top lip is the only part that actually touches the bottom lip. Fucking gross and demented-looking.

Totally.  The whole lip thing strikes me as the most dysmorphic enhancement, only because it never looks good.  It looks particularly bizarre on women who have other large features (Lisa), as the face can only visually carry so much exaggeration.  And for some reason Brandi (who was really pretty ten minutes ago) is wearing this opaque fuchsia colour over her collagen that seems to be the favoured colour of every terrible reality show. Those mouths look like a David Lynch scene against those crazy white teeth.

• Love 1

Idk, I was giving a stinkeye to that motley entourage of Brandi's, gathered on her bed to watch Eddie & LeAnn's show.  That Jennifer character -- there's something I don't like or trust about her -- not sure what it is about her, just a hunch.

But how is Alexia to feel confident in moving on alone in college when she looks back at that blubbering mess of Kyle.

Sophia and Farah were the ones telling Mauricio and Kyle that Alexia was going to be fine, that she makes friends easily.  Mauricio's word "survive," he uses 2 different times.  That's not a word a parent uses who believes it is a great, exciting time for his daughter.  His "problem" (his word) is that they want her presence in their home.  That's not "normal, right, or natural."  They put their own sense of loss above their daughter's need for strength/support.

I was thinking about what Alexia was feeling.  And if I were her, I'd be embarrassed as fuck by Kyle's incessant, maddening blubbering.  She was acting like a self-absorbed brat & I figured she was merely looking to hog up camera time with some forced dramatics.

Look, I've said this before, while I utterly detest Kyle & her self-absorbed bullshit, her non-stop quest for camera time, her phoniness & her generally being a PITA, I think she's a fantastic mom & she's set up a terrific home life for her husband & kids.  Hey, I feel for her that she's gonna miss her daughter & it's very sweet.  But she took what coulda been a very bittersweet moment & just went into her usual self-absorbed, overblown Kyle crapola.

Why bring up a worst case scenario, if Alexia hates college for whatever reason or isn't doing well, she could come home?  I kinda hated that.  It seemed so negative.  Why didn't she wish her luck & try to comfort her cuz she's likely feeling nervous?  Cuz Kyle is a self-absorbed twat, that's why.  If Kyle had played this only slightly differently, I'd have thought she was great.  She should have kept the crying away from Alexia, maybe in the car with Mauricio.

Well, clearly count me in as one who was completely unimpressed by Kyle's behavior.  But in the end it didn't matter.  Cuz Alexia is one cool cucumber.  Man, that girl is strong.  She didn't look one bit nervous.  Wow, she impressed me.  She didn't seem at all embarrassed by Kyle's behavior.  Kyle might have been a wreck, but Alexia was the exact opposite.  I have no doubt she'll be just fine.  I may snark & mock Kyle & Mauricio, but those 2 sure know how to raise nice kids.

Kyle's declarations of how she hates her kids leaving her home makes me wonder what this means.  Of course it's not unusual for moms to have some difficulty with kids leaving their home, but Kyle's constant statements about this subject seem a bit excessive to me.  I just get the feeling it has something to do with her wacky family and/or the way she was raised.  Not sure I even wanna know the specifics, just noting something seems to be going on with her.  And actually, I do sympathize with her on this.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3

Idk, I was giving a stinkeye to that motley entourage of Brandi's, gathered on her bed to watch Eddie & LeAnn's show.  That Jennifer character -- there's something I don't like or trust about her -- not sure what it is about her, just a hunch.

I'm with you.  But it's not just a hunch.  She's supposed to be a qualified sober coach, which I am assuming is like a professional sponsor with specific formal education (or at least some clinical experience - I could absolutely be wrong about this.  It's amazing what facilities that aren't on camera hire).  In any case, that's how she was introduced to the viewing public.  I'm sure it's tricky.  And there are certainly no rules that prohibit her from show jumping.  But it's a sloppy move.  Both Rehab/Sober House and RH audiences cross over.  From what I've read, she's pursuing work in the entertainment industry.  Hopefully, she'll find success.  Not that it matters.  She could probably still be taken seriously in the addiction field.  Whatever, everything happening on a screen seems to be especially reversible. But she should leave her lips alone.  She looks like she needs her own professional help.

• Love 4

Child support in California is based (mostly) on two things: 1. Incomes of the parties; and 2. Time share.

We know that Brandi and Eddie have a 50/50 split of time with their sons, so if the parties' incomes are equal, then neither would pay support to the other. If Brandi is receiving $1,000.00 per month, then Eddie is earning more than her. How much does she earn? It's unclear. But didn't she say something about Eddie now having $0.00 income? That can't be right or she'd be paying him support. As usual, the truth is to be found somewhere outside the realm of Brandi's musings.

• Love 8

I can't help but think for a second that Yolanda might have wrote it.  It seems that Yo is a very overbearing mother and Bella and Gigi couldn't get out of that house and across the country fast enough.  Heck, Bella said she would sleep on the floor.  It also seems that Bella had no input into the decorating of her apartment.  The apartment was for Yo....to once again put her 'talent' as a mother and decorator on display.  It's also amazing how she does this with her self proclaimed incapacitating disease (no question Lyme can be but Yo's exaggeration of how she is suffering is too much when you see her on the show).

Nice card, Bella. Well done. So we're just going with that "one mistake" like it was the first time you'd ever had a "glass of wine like teens do"/TM Yolanda and then got in the car? Mmkay.

I can't even hate on Yolanda for swooping in and decorating these kids' apartments, as I've totally done all my kids' (3) dorms or apartments when they went away to school (and a few times beyond). They may just have the same dynamic as us, where the kids don't really care about the decor, and also know that's mom's thing and loves what she does so lets her do it. 

The kids going off to college is not the problem. It's the crying , blithering idiots the mothers become that we have to be subjected to over and over that is the problem. In fact, all of the kids seem pretty cool about it. As if they can't wait to get the hell away. Can you blame them? 

I didn't find the episode particularly boring, but again, I can't with these people acting like the kid cannot. fucking. come. home. ever again. Get a grip, jeeze. It's not just the incessant crying, but the "our family is being torn asunder! We'll never be the same again!"  Yeah, that's kind of true about life, it never stays the same. Buck up, bitches, it could be worse. And then you'll be all out of tears, and then where will you be?

• Love 3

The one thing about Jen G being at Brandi's?  They were all drinking water.  So there is a benefit to having her around. ;)

And they have a weird deflated thing along the sides of the upper lip like they lost elasticity.  They are gross there.  Like they sag.  They do remind me of each other's lips.  

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 2

Nice card, Bella. Well done. So we're just going with that "one mistake" like it was the first time you'd ever had a "glass of wine like teens do"/TM Yolanda and then got in the car? Mmkay.

I can't even hate on Yolanda for swooping in and decorating these kids' apartments, as I've totally done all my kids' (3) dorms or apartments when they went away to school (and a few times beyond). They may just have the same dynamic as us, where the kids don't really care about the decor, and also know that's mom's thing and loves what she does so lets her do it. 

I didn't find the episode particularly boring, but again, I can't with these people acting like the kid cannot. fucking. come. home. ever again. Get a grip, jeeze. It's not just the incessant crying, but the "our family is being torn asunder! We'll never be the same again!"  Yeah, that's kind of true about life, it never stays the same. Buck up, bitches, it could be worse. And then you'll be all out of tears, and then where will you be?

I agree about the decor. I let my mom do it because it was her thing and I figured it made her feel like she was involved in the process so I let her have her moment.

As far as the whole family dynamic changing, I can't critisize that, it is true the dynamic changes and some people take change better than others. It not only affect Kyle and Mauricio, it also affects her two sisters, specially the one who is closest in age with her. I have 3 siblings and I can tell you that my younger sister cried probably more than my mother ever did just because we were use to do almost everything together. We were just two years apart. The other two were much younger so I guess it affected them but not as much.

I enjoyed my college life, it was a great time, but I couldn't wait for Thanksgiving, Christmas and every semester break to go back home, there is just something about knowing that there is a place where you are unconditionally loved than feeds your soul and your spirit, not everybody has that and I feel extremely fortunate that even now, that is my safe place, that is the place where I can regroup and I can totally let all walls down because my parents and siblings will always be on my side no matter what. This is exactly what I see in Kyle's house. The love and the closeness of these girls and their parents is palpable, you can almost touch it, so I am sure everytime the dynamic changes it is a big deal for them.

That brings me to LVP, her family dynamic is SOOOO different, I can feel their love and passion for everything and anything that Pandora does, I have no doubt that they love Max but it definitely is not the same, the constant reminders that he is not their biological son and the constant reminders of his failures as opposed as Pandora's sucess is nothing but a festering group for resentment and bad attutide. I wonder if Lisa has ever wondered if the reason why Max is so "laid back" and lacks the Vanderpump-Todd ambition is because after 23 years of these dynamic going on Max already knows that no matter what he will never win, he will always be second place and now he has positioned and feels comfortable there. Now they are adding Pandora's husband to the mix and poor Max will be relagated to the third spot or maybe fourth after Gigi the dog. 

I hate to agree with Kim but I think she was onto something when she said that Lisa's priorities were Pandora, Gigi and Ken in that order.  Max didn't even make it to the rank.

Edited by Leroux
  • Love 9

This is exactly what I see in Kyle's house. The love and the closeness of these girls and their parents is palpable, you can almost touch it, so I am sure everytime the dynamic changes it is a big deal for them.

I have to give props to Kyle for this.  They really spend their money on this. Their family vacations really are family vacations, and it is money well spent.  If you look at the girls instagrams, they have a bunch of photos of each other.  This is a great gift they have given to their daughters.  

• Love 10

"Except that one time in the Feb 2007 issue of Elle UK when Angelina said Shiloh was a privileged blob that she loved less than the adopted kids."

Beep, beep. Back it up. What???

I was visiting ($50K/year) faculty at UA (Tucson) 2001-2003. Fucking dry heat. You've got your university profs & retirees & then you've got the rest of the city. I was in a really marginal part of town (Sat night highlight was popo helicopters flying over my hood looking for meth labs). Things may have changed since then, but UA had a shit ton of students from SoCal (probably ASU does/did too). Dubai? Not that I remember, but it could have changed. The SoCal kids, for the most part, were pretty sure their feces were without odor. In sum, great place to visit, hated living there.

• Love 2

I have no doubt that they love Max but it definitely is not the same, the constant reminders that he is not their biological son and the constant reminders of his failures as opposed as Pandora's sucess is nothing but a festering group for resentment and bad attutide. I wonder if Lisa has ever wondered if the reason why Max is so "laid back" and lacks the Vanderpump-Todd ambition is because after 23 years of these dynamic going on Max already knows that no matter what he will never win, he will always be second place and now he has positioned and feels comfortable there.

I feel for Max.  I don't know the circumstances of his adoption.  Was his bio mom an alcoholic?  Drug addict?  Was he abandoned and missed out on some bonding with a mother in the early weeks of his life? One wrong turn in all those complicated brain pathways in a newborn and that's where problems can develop.  Or not.  Maybe some of Max's issues - and I believe there are a lot of them - is nature for the above reasons.  But if Ken and Lisa exacerbated those issues but not nurturing him properly, that part's on them.

What Lisa said DID NOT need to be said for an audience.  But what I think she was trying to explain was the Nature vs. Nuture theory.

Genes vs. environment.  It's a little bit of both for all of us, and I really want to believe that's what Lisa was getting at.  And not that Max is lesser than Pandora because he doesn't share the same DNA.  I don't want to believe she and Ken are that despicable.

That said, Max's defiance and laziness, at 22, is appalling and sad. During their conversation, he was eager to push buttons and he seems to find authority laughable. Very provoking kid.  Only he's not a kid anymore. 

All parents make mistakes.  Sometimes horrific mistakes. If he's been that way since a baby, it's been a hard 23 years for everybody, especially Max. And if they made HUGE, ugly mistakes, they still have a chance to help him.  But Max needs to bring a little something to the table, too.  I hope he was acting out for the cameras and they're trying to develop a storyline.  You know, ne'er do well, turns his life around?  I hope so.  Because if that is his genuine character and his parents really DO rub it in his face that he's 'less than', they're in for a lifetime of misery. 

(Although it's entirely possible Ken and Lisa will eventually wash their hands of him and go on with their lovely lives with Perfect Pandora. They have the ability to do that with people.  Which sometimes I find admirable, but not in this case.)

• Love 3
If I had an ex, no, I would not watch his shitty show. Why? Because I have a life.

I have a life too--a fairly busy one that includes the current (and final, because he's the best) BF--and I would totally watch a show about my ex, depending on which one. Though, no...I'd actually watch a show starring any of my exes, but I wouldn't even snark on the majority because I'm still friends with them. The one I'd snark on would not be much good for TV anyway, as I believe he actually does nothing.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 4

I have to give props to Kyle for this.  They really spend their money on this. Their family vacations really are family vacations, and it is money well spent.  If you look at the girls instagrams, they have a bunch of photos of each other.  This is a great gift they have given to their daughters.  

There's no question they love their girls and they seem to be hands-on parents.  However, I do agree with others that they should reign in their comments about "you can always come back if it doesn't work out" and their feelings of loss.  I don't think a kid should be burdened like that during the most exciting time of your life.  It's already hard enough to leave the nest without having to worry about your parent's emptier nest syndrome.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 4

The University of Arizona is a wonderful school on a beautiful campus in a great little city in the midst of some absolutely stunning scenery.  Hope the young lady makes good use of her time and enjoys the natural beauty of the area and all the University has to offer.  She's a trooper to allow her family to see her off with TV cameras in tow.  I would have died of embarrassment at that age.

I agree. My daughter went to LAW SCHOOL (hi Kyle) there. We are from SW Florida and I loved visiting her in Tucson.

I once read that when you yell at a dog for barking the dog thinks " oh good, now we are all barking".

This cracks me up :) So Funny and So True