Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Live And Learn

• Start Topic

I don't understand her divorce at all. The attorney told her Eddie wanted this much child support...and alimony....and she's getting child support. I've never heard of such a thing. In that, why not just split the difference in the monies and one person gets a check. Or not. Is all that check-swapping necessary?

There was actually going to be no check swapping involved.  Eddie and Brandi divorced and Eddie agreed to spousal support for four years and child support.  According to this letter http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/02/brandi-glanville-lashes-back-at-ex-eddie-cibrian-with-legal-docs/ the parties had agreed to an accounting of spousal support and Eddie would be entitled to any overpayments by off setting Brandi's community property interest in one of Eddie's retirement accounts.

Brandi went overboard and initially misstated Eddie ;s intention claiming he wanted on going child support.  Uncharacteristically, Eddie's reps released a statement explaining the situation with Eddie throwing in and she is trying to generate publicity for her book tour.

The Court heard the matter this fall and Brandi on twitter claimed victory.  I may be alone here but I question Brandi's statement as I don't know if it means she has no off-set or if it is reduced.  I do think we don't really hear all that much about it because it is my understanding there is a gag order in the divorce case.  The gag order may just apply to comments about parenting.

As it stands now it sounds like Brandi is getting a $1,000.00 a month child support check.  I think she should thank her lucky stars-that is $12,000.00 a year in tax free money.  Whatever the amount it remains that Eddie wasn't asking for child support and Brandi again made misstatements (out and out lied) about the legal process.

• Love 5

LOL! Yes, who gives a teenager a white rug? Especially given the state of Bella's car in that email.

A mother who that teenager knows how to play like a Stradivarius?  You have to hand it to Bella--that performance with the card was a thing of beauty.  She hit every note Yolanda loves to hear.

• Love 13

OH MY GOD! I am usually pretty unflappable when it comes to the antics of these Housewives (even Jersey) but I was losing my marbles about the apartments and the furniture and everything! Not that I wouldn't (a) do it for my kids (of which I neither have nor want) if I could, or (b) have accepted it from my parents, but holy hell! I just can't even get my brain around it! I will not go into a rant about "in my day" or overindulging or whatever, but I'll just allude to milk crates and "found items" (i.e., garbage) as furniture and 40 square feet to share with another human...

I think they're pretty darn hideous. However, the pale/nude gloss works wonders in making them appear to be full lips as opposed to wax lips. That color suits her.

I agree. Back in the day she wore darker lipstick and looked way way worse....

I know I'm old, because I say back in the day? lol.

• Love 2

The deal with Max suddenly being part of the show is interesting to me. Lisa has always said he wants no part of it. Now he is on and not in a positive manner. 

I wonder if we are seeing a setup for him to be a part of the VPR show about SUR. Maybe about the dynamics of him working his way up and starting to take on more responsibility at the restaurant? How that might be viewed by the rest of the staff? I think that might be interesting. 

Wasn't there some chatter last year about Lisa favoring Pandora?  I just assumed Max is on the show now so Lisa can prove that she's a caring mother, either to combat those rumors or just establish that fact.  Sort of like I assume we'll see Yolanda's son next year at some point to offset his exclusion as she wrings her hands about saying goodbye to her girls.

What was interesting to me was that I didn't see her scenes with Max as all that different from the scenes she has with the kids on Vanderpump Rules.  Which might be why I saw it as a little...contrived. 

A mother who that teenager knows how to play like a Stradivarius?  You have to hand it to Bella--that performance with the card was a thing of beauty.  She hit every note Yolanda loves to hear.

Aw, I kinda bought into that as a genuine moment from a kid who messed up and wanted her mother to feel better.  I wish we could've scene Yolanda's initial conversations about the DUI only because I'm curious how much of it was "I'm such a bad mother for this!" vs. "you messed up."

• Love 3

Also, can we talk about Brandi's friend from Sober House?  Jen!

What is her deal?  

I'm not sure I understand...? This isn't anything new.  Jen has appeared on a number of episodes with Brandi since Brandi has been on the show.  They're BFFs in real life. 

• Love 2

Ooh, and Kim is sitting at a table, cigar in hand, looking belligerent and particularly ... relapsed.  Can't wait to hear which prescribed medication she will claim to have mistaken for a water pill.  ;-)

I know and I'm the worst for being totally excited.  The whole Kim-relapsed-for-the-umpteenth-time doesn't get old for me.  How is she not completely exhausted?  Assuming, of course, she relapses. I can't keep up.

Edited by runforcover
  • Love 4

This ep was so boring it put me to sleep! Seriously, I started "listening with my eyes closed" and then I just fell flat to sleep.  Could it have been another case of "BOOHOO... My kid is going to college"?  I believe so!

I did manage to catch Eileen seeing her stepson off to college in his CAR, driving to TEXAS and noticed she seemed to have a tear or two.  Can this be the way we see these morons from now on? Keeping their shit together when the kids go off to college? Puleez??

• Love 4

I can't help but think for a second that Yolanda might have wrote it.  It seems that Yo is a very overbearing mother and Bella and Gigi couldn't get out of that house and across the country fast enough.  Heck, Bella said she would sleep on the floor.  It also seems that Bella had no input into the decorating of her apartment.  The apartment was for Yo....to once again put her 'talent' as a mother and decorator on display.  It's also amazing how she does this with her self proclaimed incapacitating disease (no question Lyme can be but Yo's exaggeration of how she is suffering is too much when you see her on the show).

I also can't help but think, like someone else stated, that Max has been brought on the show so Lisa can show how she is a caring mother.  The problem is that she and Ken are further showing how much they see him as an outsider.  I think Max has always thought he wasn't good enough and that's why he has had problems.  They move to LA to be close to Pandi.  Never mind how Max would feel about being uprooted.  Didn't they also ship him off to Idaho or someplace when he had a drug problem?  The kid may well have felt for a long time that why try?  He'll never be Pandi. 

• Love 15

I know and I'm the worst for being totally excited.  The whole Kim-relapsed-for-the-umpteenth-time doesn't get old for me.  How is she not completely exhausted?  Assuming, of course, she relapses. I can't keep up.

I'm going to hell for this... I imagined part of that conversation went, "There are so many calories in alcohol!"

Hell will be a highly entertaining experience with peeps like you both at my side.  :-D

• Love 9

So speaking of that bottom dweller - who has a little party to watch their ex and his new wife on TV??? No, you're not bitter at all, Brandi. I love how she insisted she HAD to watch, to make sure the kids weren't on. Um....because no one could have watched for you and let you know? Okay, right. And she complains that all he does is talk about her? Hypocrite much? I just find it odd that earlier she was going on about one day having peace with them and being able to have big holiday dinners with everyone - but she's sitting here calling them assholes. Yea, that's going to work out real well. 

The worst, though, was her trashing Eddie's child support check on national TV. Bemoaning $1,000. What was that amount for? One month? I know CA is pricier than the rest of the country, but that's like 4 times what most people I know get from their exes. Some people get nothing. She should be happy. But no, she's complaining that that's barely enough for one week's worth of groceries. I'm sorry, but what is she feeding those kids? Steaks with truffles and caviar on the side? Was she including her alcohol purchases in the weekly grocery bills? I can't imagine any conceivable way you could justify spending that much on three people's food for one week! Ugh, she's exhausting. 

Not to mention she seems to forget its child SUPPORT....not a welfare check, intended to replace insufficient income. Child support is meant to take 2 parents' income based on 50% of the expenses each and use it to make one whole system ...its not meant to cover every single household expense. and put it on one parent's shoulders. Just cause he has a penis doesnt mean she's exempt from chipping in.

AND HE HAS 50% CUSTODY, ON TOP OF IT!

Edited by MichelEliz
  • Love 9

As much as this episode was not my thing and I fast forwarded through the scene of Kyle taking her daughter to school because I was so over the cryfest, like they were sending her off to 'Nam or something, I did like the juxtaposition of Eileen having a decently well blended step family with that of Brandi who is still holding onto the anger she has with her ex, as if he just stepped out on her yesterday. He left her 6 years ago and has been married to LeAnn for 4. Funny that she was obsessively watching their show while in turn calling them obsessed with her. Um, she gets the irony of that, right? But I guess it's all okay as long as she has her enablers with her on the bed. For the sake of their kids and ensuring they don't end up totally messed up, it's time for her to shut up and move the hell on with her life. 

But, the kid I felt the most sorry for was poor Max. The fact that Lisa had no qualms at 1) blaming his issues on him not being their biological offspring and 2) comparing him to their fat faced sad clown eyed daughter Pandora and her closeted husband Jason was horrible. They adopted Max when he was 5 weeks old, he is their child and the fact that Lisa still even thinks about the fact that Pandora is her bio child and Max is adopted, let alone says it outloud on camera is all I need to know about what a fucked up place Max is in and has probably been for a long time. It would be horrible enough if you were a bio child to hear your mother says she loves your sister more than you, but then the cherry on top of that f'ed up sundae is that he is adopted. I hope he gets some therapy and greatly distances himself from those two toxic people so he can gain some clarity and not feel indebted to them for adopting him, which seems to be what Lisa wants.

• Love 19

I think they're pretty darn hideous. However, the pale/nude gloss works wonders in making them appear to be full lips as opposed to wax lips. That color suits her.

For me, that pale/nude gloss makes her lips look like the lips that aren't found on one's face, KWIM?  It's hard to look at when words are coming out.

Last night on WWHL, she was wearing a beige/salmon lipcolor (she said it was NARS) and it was perfect.  Not light, not dark.  She looked great.  Her body is so good.  Of course she won the poll question about which Ho has the best body.  It went:  LisaR, Yo, Brandi, Kim, Lisa V/Kyle (tie), Eileen. 

• Love 5

I was a bit floored by the teeny weeny top Bella was wearing.  OK, it's like 20 degrees here in NYC now, so summer is not exactly in my head, but I don't remember seeing too many gals walking 'round here in teensy tops like dat.  In LA, maybe they wear 'em all da time.  But here?  And especially on the subway?  Yikes, makes me shudder at the kind of unwanted attention she'd get. Yo, forget decorating the fuckin' apartment & go get the girl some clothes to cover up a bit.

• Love 6
Also, can we talk about Brandi's friend from Sober House?  Jen!

What is her deal?

I get the question because I've also asked why a person who works (worked?) with addicts trying to recover is the BFF of a heavy drinker like Brandi. Makes no sense to me unless the answer involves the word "fame whore".

• Love 6

"It's not normal, it's not natural or right" for Alexia to go away to college. Kyle

"It's a problem because we want her presence at home."  "We know she will survive."  Mauricio.  A problem? Survive? How about thrive and grow?

"You don't have to get on a plane" to come home. Portia to Farah. 

WTF with these people?  

And Kyle's whole, "You don't have to stay."  Is so undermining to a college freshman.  Every student, even the happiest will have moments of homesickness the first semester away from home.  They really set her up to fail.  She was bit by Kim's dog sometime in October right?  So has Alexia already left school?  I hope she goes back.

I think Kyle misses out on going to college because she thinks it is like Elle in Legally Blonde.  She wants to be in a sorority.  She's not thinking of just taking classes as an adult.  That's why there is no talk now of going back and getting a degree.

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 7

So many posts I want to comment on!!  

KIDS GOING OFF TO COLLEGE:  Why should Kyle be so upset?  You know she'll end up coming home and going to a local college in no time!  Let's see … Kara Keough left BERKELEY to come home and live where the cameras are and Kyle's oldest daughter stayed in California … And let's not forget the girls named Ashley across the RHs -- they don't even bother going to college. They just stay/return home.

MAX:  I think the poster way back has the best theory.  Max is Ken's child and LISA adopted him as an infant.  That explains the barbs, the comments, the He-Is-Not-My-Child remarks.  

• Love 1
Her body is so good.  Of course she won the poll question about which Ho has the best body.  It went:  LisaR, Yo, Brandi, Kim, Lisa V/Kyle (tie), Eileen.

I heard her on a radio commercial during Howard Stern for some abdomen belt that does the work for you, even if you're just sitting around!

Yikes, makes me shudder at the kind of unwanted attention she'd get. Yo, forget decorating the fuckin' apartment & go get the girl some clothes to cover up a bit.

It was hot out, I assume, and she's a grown (for the most part) woman who may not subscribe to the "she was asking for it" philosophy.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 9

"It's not normal, it's not natural or right" for Alexia to go away to college. Kyle

"It's a problem because we want her presence at home."  "We know she will survive."  Mauricio.  A problem? Survive? How about thrive and grow?

"You don't have to get on a plane" to come home. Portia to Farah. 

WTF with these people?  

And Kyle's whole, "You don't have to stay."  Is so undermining to a college freshman.  Every student, even the happiest will have moments of homesickness the first semester away from home.  They really set her up to fail.  She was bit by Kim's dog sometime in October right?  So has Alexia already left school?  I hope she goes back.

I think Kyle misses out on going to college because she thinks it is like Elle in Legally Blonde.  She wants to be in a sorority.  She's not thinking of just taking classes as an adult.  That's why there is no talk now of going back and getting a degree.

I don't think they've set up Alexia to fail. By all accounts, they were the same way when Farrah left for NYU. She transferred two years later to a nearby school (USC), but she's not only graduated, she's a thriving, college-educated woman who works for her family's business. 

Ugh. I'm not looking forward to next week. If Kim is acting strangely, Kyle will get the brunt of that. For seasons, whenever Kim has acted in ways that suggest she's drunk, she gets a light pass while others rail on Kyle for...whatever reasons. I also await Brandi giving some pithy TH comment about Kyle wanting Kim to fail and relapse and blah blah blah. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 8

I didn't get a long enough look, but if that's the street Bella's place really is on, it's right nearby Parsons, which is on Fifth & 12th.  I'll take another look to see if I recognize the exact block, but it looked like it could be 12th, between 5th & 6th -- or maybe 10th or 11th.  A friend of mine just sold his small one bedroom in a doorman building around the corner from there (which he's had for 15 years) for a little over 2 mil.

It's probably not a great favor to Bella to post the exact address of her building.  Assuming that her dopey mother and then production both agreed to show the actual building, that's bad enough.  As I said, I'm hoping the shots were of some other building entirely.  It's scary to think about helping some nut zero in on those girls' precise whereabouts.  At least force them to work for it.

Max and Pandora seem to have taken different routes to get to the same place in life--employed by their parents.  Max did it by saving them the cost of four years of college tuition.  And yet Pandora gets all the credit for making her way in the world on her own and becoming such a great success, while Max is belittled for still sucking off Ken and Lisa.  Why not just tattoo "ADOPTED" on his forehead and make it a little easier for people to understand the distinction?  Lisa really has finally lost me with this shit.

• Love 16

I was a bit floored by the teeny weeny top Bella was wearing.  OK, it's like 20 degrees here in NYC now, so summer is not exactly in my head, but I don't remember seeing too many gals walking 'round here in teensy tops like dat.  In LA, maybe they wear 'em all da time.  But here?  And especially on the subway?  Yikes, makes me shudder at the kind of unwanted attention she'd get.

I thought the same, too.  And she was on her way to her first day of class.  SMH.  Parson's is a school of design but even a fashion school probably has a dress code of some sort, no?  She was carrying a denim jacket or shirt in her hand so maybe planned on putting it on.  Me?  When I was 17 I did the opposite.  I'd've had that shirt buttoned up to the neck when my mom dropped me off, only to ditch it when I got to school to reveal a forbidden (yet modest by Bella's standards) t-shirt.

• Love 2

I get the question because I've also asked why a person who works (worked?) with addicts trying to recover is the BFF of a heavy drinker like Brandi. Makes no sense to me unless the answer involves the word "fame whore".

Yes! And she herself is supposed to be a sober, recovered alcoholic. So, wouldn't she see all the similar signs and symptoms in Brandi and want to stage an intervention instead of propping her up?

• Love 7

I guess I don't see it this way. Is there anyone out there that doesn't have any regrets? That doesn't say "I wish I would have studied this, or gone there, or done this"? Maybe I hang with the wrong people, but most people I know say things like this, even when the reality is that they could change it now. I don't think that Kyle wants to be an Attorney right now. I think that she believes that when she was an 18 year old girl that she missed out on something that lots of other girls were doing and that she doesn't want her girls to miss out on it too.  Good on her that it is important to her that her kids get this experience.  

Ugh. I'm not looking forward to next week. If Kim is acting strangely, Kyle will get the brunt of that. For seasons, whenever Kim has acted in ways that suggest she's drunk, she get a light pass whiel others rail on Kyle for...whatever reasons. I also await Brandi giving some pithy TH comment about Kyle wanting Kim to fail and relapse and blah blah blah. 

Well of course it will somehow be Kyle's fault. Her fault for wondering if Kim is sober (even when most folks who watch the show have wondered this for years). Her fault for enabling Kim all these years. Her fault for being the one with the healthy marriage. It will generally all come down to Kim's problems somehow being Kyle's fault. I have little doubt that Brandi will remind folks of this in case we have forgotten. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 21
I don't think they've set up Alexia to fail. By all accounts, they were the same way when Farrah left for NYU. She transferred two years later to a nearby school (USC), but she's not only graduated, she's a thriving, college-educated woman who works for her family's business.

Yeah, it's subjective but to me it seems like everything Kyle and Mauricio say about this stuff is done in a way that's the opposite of undermining. They're basically saying flat out: "This is a great, exciting time for you. What's making me cry is my own totally selfish desire to have you with me all the time." Seems like she's totally giving the kids not only permission but encouragement to see her tears as her problem, not theirs, and I honestly think that if any of them quit school in order to stay home with her she'd be horrified. They just have to look at Farrah to know Mom's fine with them having their own lives. Even her speech about her daughter coming home seemed to be her trying to tell her to never feel pressured to do something for fear of disappointing her parents. Of course the fact that she's crying over her leaving means you can't completely take out the possibility that she would love it if Alexia dropped out, but since she's been very open about that I think her intentions were good there. She even says she regrets not going to college herself.

• Love 20
I guess I don't see it this way. Is there anyone out there that doesn't have any regrets? That doesn't say "I wish I would have studied this, or gone there, or done this"? Maybe I hang with the wrong people, but most people I know say things like this, even when the reality is that they could change it now. I don't think that Kyle wants to be an Attorney right now. I think that she believes than when she was an 18 year old girl that she missed out on something that lots of other girls were doing and that she doesn't want her girls to miss out on that.

I agree. I think Kyle loves her family and is happy with having stayed home to raise the girls. But that doesn't mean she can't be wistful about the idea of going to college and pursuing a dream. I thought her point was simply that she actually felt discouraged from doing so, and she wants to make sure that her daughters feel free to make those choices and go after those goals. 

• Love 14

It's probably not a great favor to Bella to post the exact address of her building.  Assuming that her dopey mother and then production both agreed to show the actual building, that's bad enough.  As I said, I'm hoping the shots were of some other building entirely.  It's scary to think about helping some nut zero in on those girls' precise whereabouts.  At least force them to work for it.

Max and Pandora seem to have taken different routes to get to the same place in life--employed by their parents.  Max did it by saving them the cost of four years of college tuition.  And yet Pandora gets all the credit for making her way in the world on her own and becoming such a great success, while Max is belittled for still sucking off Ken and Lisa.  Why not just tattoo "ADOPTED" on his forehead and make it a little easier for people to understand the distinction?  Lisa really has finally lost me with this shit.

Astute observation, Mondrianyone. So, what's good for the goose - Pandy, who went to college yet still works for mummy and daddy - is not good for the gander, since the gander egg was not actually laid by Lisa.

She's lost me as well. I think the implications and straight out things she said about Max last night were terrible. Mother of year material there.

• Love 10

Take my temperature! I DVR'D Beverly Hills. Still not in the mood to watch it!

Scoobie! What's wrong!

Well I had  3 weeks worth on my DVR before I was n the mood .I still love my housewives BUT I can't handle that lowlife slut Brandi and her low class mouth and actions. Take out the trash and the show may become watchable again.

• Love 6

Yeah, it's subjective but to me it seems like everything Kyle and Mauricio say about this stuff is done in a way that's the opposite of undermining. They're basically saying flat out: "This is a great, exciting time for you. What's making me cry is my own totally selfish desire to have you with me all the time." Seems like she's totally giving the kids not only permission but encouragement to see her tears as her problem, not theirs, and I honestly think that if any of them quit school in order to stay home with her she'd be horrified. They just have to look at Farrah to know Mom's fine with them having their own lives. Even her speech about her daughter coming home seemed to be her trying to tell her to never feel pressured to do something for fear of disappointing her parents. Of course the fact that she's crying over her leaving means you can't completely take out the possibility that she would love it if Alexia dropped out, but since she's been very open about that I think her intentions were good there. She even says she regrets not going to college herself.

ITA that is it really important for Kyle and Mauricio that their daughters get college educations. She and Kim really have a leg up on both Big Kathy and Kathy Hilton in that department.  But how is Alexia to feel confident in moving on alone in college when she looks back at that blubbering mess of Kyle.  

"We will always be here for you" is a lot different than "You don't have to stay."

Sophia and Farah were the ones telling Mauricio and Kyle that Alexia was going to be fine, that she makes friends easily.  Mauricio's word "survive," he uses 2 different times.  That's not a word a parent uses who believes it is a great, exciting time for his daughter.  His "problem" (his word) is that they want her presence in their home.  That's not "normal, right, or natural."  They put their own sense of loss above their daughter's need for strength/support.  If they really believed that this was such a great, exciting time for Alexia, there would have been a lot more joy in their tears (and not so many tears).  I too have taken a child to college.  It's hard. But geez Kyle, get a grip.  I have to wonder if Alexia wasn't really set on U of A to begin with and that is why it was so hard for her to go and why she also ended up on the waiting list for housing, like she didn't commit to them until the last minute.  At least that would explain why Kyle would say, "You don't have to stay."

• Love 3

I'm not sure there's reason for concern.  It's a pretty safe area, but it's true, stuff does happen.  Did they show the exact building she lives in?  I didn't even recognize the street cuz they cut it so quick.  If she was in one of those non-doorman walk-up or elevator buildings, I'd maybe be a bit nervous for her.  But I got the impression she was in a doorman building.  She should be OK.  Anyhoo, there are a ton of celebs whose addresses are probably easy to find -- I suppose Andy included.  

They always used to show Sonja's townhouse on RHoNY, even tho they didn't show the address, it was easy enough to find out exactly where it is -- and for me to recognize it, since I pass it every day walking to the subway station I go to.  Guess it can be risky as a celeb, but I agree that Yo is doing a dumb thing by advertising exactly where Bella lives -- if they are showing exactly where Bella lives.

Hey, btw, does Gigi still live in NYC anymore?  If I was 18 and moving to NY & my sister was already living there, I'd be all over her.  And yet neither Bella nor Yo has even mentioned Gigi once.  Um, what the what?  Not one time has Gigi been mentioned by either of them,  Er, huh?  Why is dat?

Could it be cuz Gigi is too busy partying her ass off -- in parts unknown-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2908956/Gigi-Hadid-surprises-boyfriend-Cody-Simpson-throwing-pool-18th-birthday-shows-toned-stomach-cut-crop-top.html

Every day the sleazy Daily Mail has some sleazy story bout Gigi showing her boobs or her ass off or chasing after this skuzzy kid, looking stoned/wasted/drunk outta her mind.  Ah, but dat's your golden child, Yo.  Oh yeah, she's da better you, eh, Yo?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4

I'm not sure there's reason for concern.  It's a pretty safe area, but it's true, stuff does happen.  Did they show the exact building she lives in?  I didn't even recognize the street cuz they cut it so quick.  If she was in one of those non-doorman walk-up or elevator buildings, I'd maybe be a bit nervous for her.  But I got the impression she was in a doorman building.  She should be OK.  Anyhoo, there are a ton of celebs whose addresses are probably easy to find -- I suppose Andy included.  

They always used to show Sonja's townhouse on RHoNY, even tho they didn't show the address, it was easy enough to find out exactly where it is -- and for me to recognize it, since I pass it every day walking to the subway station I go to.  Guess it can be risky as a celeb, but I agree that Yo is doing a dumb thing by advertising exactly where Bella lives -- if they are showing exactly where Bella lives.

Hey, btw, does Gigi still live in NYC anymore?  If I was 18 and moving to NY & my sister was already living there, I'd be all over her.  And yet neither Bella nor Yo has even mentioned Gigi once.  Um, what the what?  Not one time has Gigi been mentioned by either of them,  Er, huh?  Why is dat?

Could it be cuz Gigi is too busy partying her ass off -- in parts unknown-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2908956/Gigi-Hadid-surprises-boyfriend-Cody-Simpson-throwing-pool-18th-birthday-shows-toned-stomach-cut-crop-top.html

Every day the sleazy Daily Mail has some sleazy story bout Gigi showing her boobs or her ass off or chasing after this skuzzy kid, looking stoned/wasted/drunk outta her mind.  Ah, but dat's your golden child, Yo.  Oh yeah, she's better you, eh, Yo?

But they always showed a decoy building for Ramona.  So who knows.  

How about Eileen's stepson's friend having been Gigi's prom date.  So maybe Eileen really is "my friend Eileen" to Yo!

• Love 1
Hey, btw, does Gigi still live in NYC anymore?  If I was 18 and moving to NY & my sister was already living there, I'd be all over her.  And yet neither Bella nor Yo has even mentioned Gigi once.  Um, what the what?  Not one time has Gigi been mentioned by either of them,  Er, huh?  Why is dat?

Probably because we saw less than 30 minutes' worth of a conversation between two people who were talking about other stuff?

Every day the sleazy Daily Mail has some sleazy story bout Gigi showing her boobs or her ass off or chasing after this skuzzy kid, looking stoned/wasted/drunk outta her mind.  Ah, but dat's your golden child, Yo.  Oh yeah, she's better you, eh, Yo?

All I saw was mention of her stomach and some WTF? writing about some bland, innocuous pool party for her boyfriend. What a tramp!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 4

Did Ken mention Max was going to bartending school?  Was trying to figure why the heck the son of rich parents would ever do this.  And yet maybe it could actually be good for him -- if he could even get thru bartending school, which I kinda doubt.  Look, if he is really serious bout working in his parents' restaurant, which I don't believe he is, maybe he could pick up some handy knowledge there.

I kinda like the idea of plopping Max in with the chucklefucks on Vanderpump Rules.  The possibilities could be fun.  And it would give Max a job.  But I suspect Lisa is probably not thrilled at the prospect of him getting too involved with any of them.  I could see it now.  Max dumps his older girlfriend & Kristen dumps Muppet James & then they start up something.  Oh, man, Lisa would go nuts, FI Tom would go nuts & Kristen already is nuts.  Ah, well, anyway it would give Max a job.  Just a thought.  Listening, Satan Andy -- or one of his minions?

• Love 4
All I saw was mention of her stomach and some WTF? writing about some bland, innocuous pool party for her boyfriend. What a tramp

Actually, Gigi does seem nice enough, but when the Daily Mail doesn't like someone they really go after 'em.  For some reason they seem to be gunning for Gigi. 

Probably because we saw less than 30 minutes' worth of a conversation between two people who were talking about other stuff?

Yeah, I get it.  But I would think this would be the first thing they talk about -- how both sisters are now in NY & yet it isn't discussed at all, so it seems puzzling to me.

• Love 1

Actually, Gigi does seem nice enough, but when the Daily Mail doesn't like someone they really go after 'em.  For some reason they seem to be gunning for Gigi. 

Yeah, I get it.  But I would think this would be the first thing they talk about -- how both sisters are now in NY & yet it isn't discussed at all, so it seems puzzling to me.

Well...there's always the chance that they did and it was even more boring than the rest of it? Or maybe they just wanted us to see this college-apartment lavishness and, in my case, become completely baffled.

I didn't get "gunning for" out of that article. A "who cares?" vibe (though, to be fair, that was from me), yes; nastiness, no. 

• Love 2

How about Eileen's stepson's friend having been Gigi's prom date.  So maybe Eileen really is "my friend Eileen" to Yo!

I was wondering about that too... They said something else I couldn't make out (and when I saw the pic, I must have thought VVP's son was her date).  Was Yolanda instrumental in getting Eileen on the program?  Are the two families close?

• Love 2

Maybe they focus on GiGi because her boyfriend is hot with teenagers who will buy the paper every day if it gives them a chance to hate on her and maybe get a glimpse of her with him that they can cut out and fancy themselves in her place?

The idea that at their age and transitional income aspect plus whatever school line they try to sell via the show, they each need their own place that neither is really paying for seems odd.

For some reason I get the impression Mohammed has a lot of kids.  So if his other children have their own apartments around the world, maybe he didn’t want to deal with the whining if he made these daughters “share.”  YOU get a house!  YOU get a house!

I don't think they've set up Alexia to fail. By all accounts, they were the same way when Farrah left for NYU. She transferred two years later to a nearby school (USC), but she's not only graduated, she's a thriving, college-educated woman who works for her family's business.

There was a woman named Farrah who appeared on an episode of Million dollar listing.  She worked at The Agency.  I wondered if it was Kyle’s Farrah.  I still think maybe it wasn’t because that woman was super polished and older looking.  Of course it could have been a disguise. Is Farrah an agent?

• Love 2

A Mauricio talking head? Yuck, but they both drive me nuts. I think I'm the only one out here that doesn't like Kyle one fucking bit. I find her to be a snob, self righteous, narrow minded and a sneaky bitch. She says one thing but does another. Hair flip, hair rub. IOh I've always wanted to go on elaborate vacations but to take a private plane? Hair flip, hair rub. Oh my gosh hee hee this is so extravagant! Hair flip, hair rub. I don't want Porscha to think this is normal...but this is our new normal!! Hair flip hair rub. I hope she doesn't turn into a brat ('Porscha, here's your bratty lines, go say them to daddy and I'll buy you that whatever you wanted') oh my gosh isn't she just made for television...hee hee. Hair flip, hair rub.

I also don't bat an eye at Yolanda's girls each getting their apt and having it paid for. If I had that kind of money there is no way my kids would have to pay their way through collage or really lower their standard of living. Why? What would the point or lesson be? Here kid, you've had only the finest things in life, never a worry or care about money but now that you're 18 aand need to focus on school I'm going to yank that from you so you can learn to be poor and humble? Makes no sense.

Brandi is disgusting, I totally agree with everyone on that front lol. She looks like she smells.

Lisa is a witch.

I love Lisa R. and Eileen, that's what I want to see. They are funny, self depreciating in an authentic way, and just a hoot to watch.

• Love 5

I just want one of these families to adopt me. They could stamp adopted on my forehead for all I care. Just give me NYC multi-million dollar furnished apartments and a stipend and my ass is good.

But seriously, Lisa really lost me with Max this episode.  This is the 5th season of BH housewives and this is not the 1st time that she mentioned that Max was adopted and that his non-Vanderpumpian/Todd genes might be responsible for his failures, drug use and lack of achievement compared to her, Ken and Pandy. The fact that she said this shit once – the very first damn season – is a problem. The fact that she let this shit leave her lips a 2nd damn time?!?! Inexcusable! The fact that Lisa feels so damn comfortable that she can say this shit to an audience of millions on more than one occasion says something.  She fucking believes it! Because she believes it, she treats Max as less than and probably has been doing so for the greater, if not, all his life. The age old nature vs nurture paradigm. She just acts like they did him a favor adopting him. I just don't get even half the maternal warmth between her and Max compared to her and Pandy. Its fucking sad!!! 

The only think I got from this episode was $1,800 a month for a college students meals!!! Oh and nails.  $1,800 A MONTH?!?! In Arizona no less?!?!  I done heard it all now. Man, I hate to use the back in my day rhetoric, but, back in my day my ass was happy as a pig in shit when I found $5 that I didn’t know I had in the pocket of one of my jeans. $1,800 for food and nails would have lasted me several semesters let alone one damn month.

Kyle and Mauricio: The ultimate ‘started from the bottom now we here’ story.  How soon they forget.  Wasn’t it just a few episodes ago when they were giving the ‘we was poor’ story and we want the girls, especially, Portia to know the value of a dollar? That just struck me as strange in light of this episode. More so Mauricio since he is the businessman. I just don’t know why he wouldn’t find that amount ridiculous but I guess coming from California, it sounded about right. But still. Just damn!!!

So is Yolanda still trying it with the Bella only had one drink nonsense? Didn’t Bella blow about 2 times past the legal limit? The only way that was one drink if it was one of those glasses two people can take a bubble bath in or else it was a water glass full of Everclear. 

When Yolanda was reading that card at the end I wondered if it said, 'dictated by Yolanda Foster.'

Bella just gives off a “I give no fucks” vibe.

I’ve tried not to comment on this but I can no longer keep it in after those lip exercises. I most be the only one who just can’t with Lisa Rinna’s baboon ass lips. I feel like I am looking at a damn prolapse. It is just awful. Ten times worse than Taylor. The one saving grace is that LisaR at least doesn’t wear anything other than nude lipstick. I can’t imagine those two slabs of raw calf livers painted in Mac’s Russian Red. Death!!!

Ooh, and Kim is sitting at a table, cigar in hand, looking belligerent and particularly ... relapsed.  Can't wait to hear which prescribed medication she will claim to have mistaken for a water pill.  ;-)

Kim seemed off to me talking to Brandi at Yo's party last episode. But that's just me.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 9

Max is already on VPR as a bus boy.

I do not believe ANY of us here on this forum would NOT watch our ex and his new wife on their tv show!

Being filmed watching the show...probably not!

Not me, especially if it's not a friendly break-up. 

I've had enough of the bawling over kids going to college, especially kid #2 or 3.  First, it's not fair to do it to your kid in front of them.  Second, it's feeling staged as they are reacting to the attention they got last season for it.  What's up for next season?  Hold on to the kid's leg, wailing like a banshee?

Liked the segment on Lisa & Harry filming together.  Penn is looking rough.

Lisa is too rude to Max about being adopted.  Pandy is beyond the favorite what with Lisa claiming they moved from England to LA so they could be near Pandy while she went to Pepperdine.  Then giving both Jason & Pandy jobs at the restaurant and finally handing them a business to run.

I liked Eileen and Vince with the kids.  I'm sure she's acting a bit but it seems natural.

Not looking forward to whatever is going on with Kim next week.  Brandi needs to stay out of it.  And Kyle needs to remember that Kim isn't her child even if she's acting like one. 

• Love 4

When I first read years ago that K&L had moved across the pond to California because Pandora was going to college there, I thought it was unbearably sweet. She said something about not being able to imagine not seeing her every day if she wanted (maybe it was every week).

The cynic in me never believed this story. They're two Brits, with businesses and homes and family in Europe, and they're going to uproot their entire lives to follow their daughter to school? Lisa doesn't seem the type - as these episodes keep showing us, she's a lot more practical, and much less emotional than say Kyle and Kim. Lisa was an actress, and I think they went to Hollywood for the same reason every wannabe actress moves to Hollywood. But since her dream didn't work out, I think the story about following Pandora to Pepperdine felt more palpable or respectable, especially to someone with a bit of an ego.

• Love 8

I’ve tried not to comment on this but I can no longer keep it in after those lip exercises. I most be the only one who just can’t with Lisa Rinna’s baboon ass lips. I feel like I am looking at a damn prolapse. It is just awful. Ten times worse than Taylor. The one saving grace is that LisaR at least doesn’t wear anything other than nude lipstick. I can’t imagine those two slabs of raw calf livers painted in Mac’s Russian Red. Death!!!

Kim seemed off to me talking to Brandi at Yo's party last episode. But that's just me.

islandgal140 - you killed me with the prolapse lips reference! 

And no, it's not just you.  ;-)

• Love 3

Enjoyable episode. Even though I can't relate, I didn't mind all the college-kid storylines because, as mentioned, it is the HWs' realities. But, hopefully that's it for awhile.

And how much do you want to be that Max's "becoming more ambitious" means whoring himself out on this show for cash.

Oh, yeah. There's been glimpses of Max working in the background at SUR on VR in the past, but this season he's engaged with the others onscreen some, and of course he's been featured more on this show than before. I'm guessing he sees that there's some decent bank to be made, and wants a slice of the reality show pie while it's warm. Gotta admit, I am curious about his girlfriend.

Lisa's response to Max not having electricity for 3 months - perfect. 

I liked what she said about a mother only being as happy as her saddest child. I'd never heard that before.

Still diggin' what Eileen and LisaR are bringing to the show. Rinna exercising her lips was pretty wacky, though. I can see that scene making this week's The Soup.

I'm going to assume that a large part of Brandi's grocery budget is for adult beverages.

GameNight 2.0...dayum. And, bring it. At least there appears to be food this time (flying pizza).

Well of course it will somehow be Kyle's fault.

Or Pinky's.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 4

I haven't watched the ep yet -- I find it's better for my blood pressure to read this board first -- but it's funny to me that people are always complaining about how fake reality shows are, and then when they show something "real", i.e. sending kids off to college, that's deemed "boring."

Looking forward to seeing Rinna's lip exercises! She had a funny tweet the other day, talking about getting the "death stare" from Jessica Lange at the Golden Globes.

• Love 9
Max is already on VPR as a bus boy.

Right, but I'd like to see his role expanded there.  Let's meet his girlfriend.  Is she buds with Kristen?  Uh-oh.

The only think I got from this episode was $1,800 a month for a college students meals!!!

I wasn't really floored by this number.  It comes to 60 bucks a day & he's figuring in meal costs.  The meal plans on campus have always been high.  I bet they'd be spending bout this much for a meal plan if she lived on campus.  Now, could she get by on less?  Absolutely, especially if she cooks.  But Mauricio can afford it.

This is the 5th season of BH housewives and this is not the 1st time that she mentioned that Max was adopted and that his non-Vanderpumpian/Todd genes might be responsible for his failures, drug use and lack of achievement compared to her, Ken and Pandy.

I had the same thought.  Isn't this a really private thing to reveal?  Why does she keep going on bout Max being adopted?  Before, I thought maybe it was her purposeful effort to hold herself up as a "do-gooder" for adopting a child.  And now she brings it up to justify why she, Ken & Pandie have experienced success, while Max has seemingly been a failure?  Seems cruel to me.  Can't imagine he's gonna respond well to this.  I'm really liking Lisa much less than once upon a time.

• Love 9

When you're  as rich as Mo seems to be, it's not that much of an issue.  We did learn that daddy is footing the bill for the apartments (I don't believe for a second that Yo is contributing to this).

I thought Mauricio and Kyle trying to figure out how much Alexia needed for food was very funny.  Reality is when you are rich, and they are, you just don't have a basis of comparison.  I don't think Kyle, and I know that Mauricio, don't go grocery shopping.  They haven't a clue.  Just like when you have your first goes away to college and they have to go on a food plan.  The cost is ridiculous and they don't use it most of the time.  My daughter, who is home for college, and I were watching together and we were both laughing at this scene.  Her remark was that she should be so lucky. 

Brandi and friends watching Leanne and Eddie's show?  What a waste of time and what hypocrisy.   She made a career out of talking about her ex and his new wife.

Really Lisa?  You bring up genes when talking about your adopted son?  I don't know.  I hate to say it but maybe Max is the way he is because he feels he is an outsider.  And to say that Pandi's husband is in line (or whatever she said....and I can't remember his name), just wow.  I'm not saying that it was ok for Max not to take responsibility but maybe he has self esteem issues.  That whole scene was very cold and very different from how they interact with Pandi.  I didn't feel love...even though Lisa tried to pontificate about tough love.  And Ken just leaves.

Next week looks likes a doozy.

I don't believe for a second that DAVID is contributing to this.
  • Love 4