Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Live And Learn

• Start Topic

What a contrast - - Kyle's daughter and YoFo's daughter going off to college.  I really think YoFo is making a mistake giving Gigi and Bella apartments.  I think dorm living is a good experience to have and I also think it would benefit Gigi and Bella to actually have to earn their first apartments.  I understand they are both modeling but there is no way they are paying the down payment or whatever.   

On a shallow note, YoFo looks sooooooo much better with her shorter hair.

• Love 4

What a contrast - - Kyle's daughter and YoFo's daughter going off to college.  I really think YoFo is making a mistake giving Gigi and Bella apartments.  I think dorm living is a good experience to have and I also think it would benefit Gigi and Bella to actually have to earn their first apartments.  I understand they are both modeling but there is no way they are paying the down payment or whatever.   

On a shallow note, YoFo looks sooooooo much better with her shorter hair.

I don't think Bella or Gigi really go to school.  What I don't understand is why aren't they sharing an apartment-their respective schools are about a block apart.  Where does Yolanda stay when she is in  town?   Apparently Bella is already in three magazines in 2015. 

• Love 4

What I don't understand is why aren't they sharing an apartment-their respective schools are about a block apart.

I don't know the details about Gigi, but Bella will be rooming with another student - at least according to the last episode, so that may be why they aren't sharing an apartment. I wonder how much the roommate will contribute to rent, if at all.

I'm sorry, but I don't see either of these girls attending college so living in a dorm is out of the question. I think Gigi already dropped out of the school she started, and whether she has enrolled in another one is up for debate, I guess. You cannot be jetting off to modeling jobs around the world and do homework at the same time.

• Love 2

I guess Yolanda thinks that by furnishing her kids with nice spacious NYC apartments that they, and all their friends, will want to do all their partying at home instead of going out? That might work some of the time, but something tells me that Yo knows perfectly well that Bella is no stranger to amphetamines and booze, she just wants to provide her with a place that Bella can partake of those things responsibly. Okaaay.

• Love 3

I believe Yolanda believed that Gigi wouldn't be able to get up early for modeling shoots with the noise of a dorm.  Funny that quiet time for studying was never even a consideration.  Guess "Daddy" doesn't care that much about his girls going to college after all.

• Love 1

I believe Yolanda believed that Gigi wouldn't be able to get up early for modeling shoots with the noise of a dorm.  Funny that quiet time for studying was never even a consideration.  Guess "Daddy" doesn't care that much about his girls going to college after all.

Why do I get the feeling that Mohammad is comfortable with Yolanda steering the girls her way and she is fine while he steers Anwar(sp) another? SMH

• Love 4
Yolanda and Kyle both have concerns about leaving their daughters at college. In other developments, Lisa Vanderpump discovers her son's aspirations; Lisa Rinna shoots a film with husband Harry Hamlin and magic man Penn Jillette; and Brandi sizes up her former husband's new reality show.

Why do I get the feeling that Mohammad is comfortable with Yolanda steering the girls her way and she is fine while he steers Anwar(sp) another? SMH

Give it another year or two and Anwar will be modeling.  I did think it was sweet of him to give up part of his winter holiday to go to Korea with his mum for treatments. 

• Love 2

$1800 a month allowance for Kyle's daughter going off to college. Wow. That is just for her meals and nails, etc. Her apartment and everything else is paid by the parents.

And pretty nice how Yolanda swoops in and totally furnishes and decorates Bella's NYC apartment.

• Love 8

So nice to see how the other half lives ( by other half I mean the delusional half).  Between Kyle and Yolanda acting like their kids were going to 'Nam.  I can't take it.  I did shed some tears when my daughter went to college but I didn't cling, smother nor make her feel bad for leaving.  Geez...

• Love 11

The University of Arizona is a wonderful school on a beautiful campus in a great little city in the midst of some absolutely stunning scenery.  Hope the young lady makes good use of her time and enjoys the natural beauty of the area and all the University has to offer.  She's a trooper to allow her family to see her off with TV cameras in tow.  I would have died of embarrassment at that age.  

Sweet and smart of Bella to have written her mother that note.  Now if only Yolanda can manage to stop talking about the incident at every possible opportunity!  I wonder if both girls start rearranging the furniture and such as soon as Mama Bear splits the scene. 

A relaxing, uneventful episode.  Liked Eileen's at home dinner scene and the reminder that each boy do his own dishes.

Brandi's entourage always looks so sad ... 

• Love 13

I just realised today that Lisa Rinna's super inflated lips actually balance out her gigantic and beautiful Mogwai Gizmo eyes.

Did I I just watch Brandi and her sad pack watch a TV show?? Really? Brandi's segments just drag everything that is fabulous about this franchise, down. Everything about her life bums me out, from her $1000 child support cheques to her IKEA-furnished bedroom.

Kyle, please get a grip.

• Love 13

I have never liked how Lisa talks about Max. It reminds me of a co-worker who kept the dog in a divorce because her ex moved to an apartment. It was pretty clear she wasn't thrilled with the arrangement but shrugged it off because her kids were happy. "Ace peed on the rug again but the boys love him", that kind of thing. I feel Lisa is similar with Max. Like eh, he's no Pandora but Ken loves him.

Maybe it's just me.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 24

This episode should have been a Hallmark Mother's Day special. I was totally bored. I must be a horrid person...

Not a horrid person at all. I don't' have any children of my own (by choice) so I could care less about anybody else's children, that's why they are YOUR children not mine and I don't really want to hear about them. BORING!

• Love 11

I just realised today that Lisa Rinna's super inflated lips actually balance out her gigantic and beautiful Mogwai Gizmo eyes.

Yes! I have noticed for weeks that they actually don't look bad at all. After all these years of hearing about how she "ruined" her face by getting huge lips, I think she looks fine.

Hehehe! Sad entourage aside, I actually liked the scene of Brandi watching LeAnn and Eddie's show and snarking on it. If they truly spent that much time saying her name and making her the -- haha! -- "unpaid star" of their show, then the joke's on them. Is Brandi really all they have to talk about?

I also have never liked the way Lisa V. talks about Max, but geez, that kid was annoying tonight! He's clearly challenging her and Ken. I liked that Ken said he wouldn't discuss giving Max a better job or sending him to a school until he got his car inspected and registered. I have a feeling Max has some problems such as ADD or just spoiled rich kid syndrome. Dating a much older woman when he's not even mature enough to act his own age is also a red flag. Max seems to want to take the easy way out and I think Lisa and Ken will be supporting him all his life. 

• Love 10

I don't love Kyle but also don't hate her.

She and Mauricio made me get very emotional.

I have 2 children I have sent off to school. And while I did not spend weeks crying over it. The day we dropped them off was hard. It's hard. So I don't blame K or M for getting emotional.

• Love 14

I have never liked how Lisa talks about Max. It reminds me of a co-worker who kept the dog in a divorce because her ex moved to an apartment. It was pretty clear she wasn't thrilled with the arrangement but shrugged it off because her kids were happy. Ace peed on the rug again but the boys love him, that kind of thing. I feel Lisa is similar with Max. Like eh, he's no Pandora but Ken loves him.

Maybe it's just me.

This isn't the first time that Lisa has brought up the holy genetic trinity of Ken, Lisa, and Pandora with Max as the outsider but I sure as hell hope it will be the last!  Seriously messed up  parenting going on there with that kind of talk being bandied about so casually and as though she's offering major insight into the situation.  And now we get Pandora's husband thrown into the mix as a possible pretender to the throne!  Dumb dumb dumb.  It's no wonder the kid is hooking up with an older woman.  Why Ken can't stick around to complete the conversation until and unless Max sorts out his car issues is another puzzler.  Let's leave it to Leezah, I guess, suffocating in pink roses. 

My understanding is that Pandora and husband's job consists now of pushing the craptastic VdP Sangria, etc, line -- Is there more to the story of their wild success?  As if they hadn't totally hitched a ride on her business train!  I know Pandora also puts out a beyond mediocre fashion and lifestyle blog -- pretty limp fish. 

• Love 21

Brandi says Eddie's name how many times per episode, yet she bitches when they mention her during their reality show?  She's done so over how many seasons?  And I'd like to know what groceries she buys that cost $1k per week (she made a comment that Eddie's 1k in support would only cover like a week of groceries).  Oh wait, I'm guessing she drinks most of her meals.  Never mind.    What does she do with the money she makes from this show and her books?  

And $1800 a month for an allowance at college.  Good lord.  

Then we see Yolanda's modeling career part 3 - oh I meant Bella (not like Yolanda is living through her daughters or anything ................:smirk:).

Lisa V and Ken and their prodigal child - yawn.    I'm so waiting for his TH (the kid -forgot his name) - ala Jan Brady ..............Pandy, Pandy, Pandy!

Still liking Eileen and Lisa R.  They're such a breath of fresh air.

• Love 17

Brandi inviting friends over to snark on Eddie and LeAnn's show was emblematic of how bitchy and immature she is. When her first book came out - I didn't read it, but I guess she dishes on them, and when she was grilled in an interview on the appropriateness of doing that, think about the kids, etc., she said that she was not going to discuss them publicly after this book ever again. Clearly, another lie told by Brandi.

• Love 18

A relaxing, uneventful episode.  Liked Eileen's at home dinner scene and the reminder that each boy do his own dishes.

I loved when VVP got the guys to clap at Eileen's cooking, and she was all, "Oh thank you, thank you.  Oh, it's nothing, it's nothing."

Those shots of her doing her lip warmups were NOT flattering.

Hehehe! Sad entourage aside, I actually liked the scene of Brandi watching LeAnn and Eddie's show and snarking on it. If they truly spent that much time saying her name and making her the -- haha! -- "unpaid star" of their show, then the joke's on them. Is Brandi really all they have to talk about? 

I had no desire to watch LeAnn and Eddie until now... I'm dying to know what their take on Brandi is, actually.

• Love 8

I also have never liked the way Lisa V. talks about Max, but geez, that kid was annoying tonight! He's clearly challenging her and Ken. I liked that Ken said he wouldn't discuss giving Max a better job or sending him to a school until he got his car inspected and registered. I have a feeling Max has some problems such as ADD or just spoiled rich kid syndrome. Dating a much older woman when he's not even mature enough to act his own age is also a red flag. Max seems to want to take the easy way out and I think Lisa and Ken will be supporting him all his life.

Oh yes, I co-sign all of this. He's got raging rich kid syndrome, but that's the presence of Ken and Lisa's parenting, not the absence of Ken and Lisa's superior DNA (not that you were saying otherwise). Is Max adopted or is he Ken's son from a previous marriage? I forget.

• Love 3

I don't love Kyle but also don't hate her.

She and Mauricio made me get very emotional.

I have 2 children I have sent off to school. And while I did not spend weeks crying over it. The day we dropped them off was hard. It's hard. So I don't blame K or M for getting emotional.

It is emotional having your kids grow up. All I could think was that K's children are so blessed to have an intact family dropping them at school and to come from such affluence. The hardest part of parenting is letting go.

• Love 11

Yolanda has a separate apartment for each of the girls? Yikes. New Yorkers where is Bella living? That wasn't Washington Square Park but looked like she was in the West Village area.

• Love 4

Tonight is the first night in a looooooong time that I've watched the show live (much of it has to do with still not buying a TV, so I see the episodes a day later when Bravo releases them and Xfinity has it available on their site. However, in desperation to watch the Golden Globes live streaming, I discovered that Xfinity has a streaming app as a Chrome extension for some of the networks that allow it). I say this to say: I've been spoiled with the fast forward. I usually zip through Brandi's scenes, but I couldn't tonight.

Oh my lord! To listen to her narrate the Eddie and LeAnn show and act like she's watching it for research (aka, to make sure her sons aren't on it when she knows good and damn well that her sons are no longer on RHOBH because Eddie forbade it) was too much to handle. I'm just going to have to stick to watching the show a day later to bypass her scenes.

• Love 6

Man, I hope we've gotten rid of all the college kids now. I honestly don't begrudge the women their feelings about this--it would be hard to not see this kind of thing as something to mourn. Even Eileen wasn't immune and her kid was a college senior. Kyle's family, especially, seemed really normal, if rich, in the way they were interacting and trying to deal. But I really don't need to see the same story over and over again. It's not interesting to me enough to have to watch everybody cry.

It's true Kyle could always go back to college now, but it seems clear that what she really wonders about is the experience of being a teenager in college, or the life of a lawyer, not the coursework. If she really wanted either she wouldn't have chosen against it.

Re: Lisa's son, her claims that she and Ken and Pandy are so on top of things and ambitious is annoying--Pandora seems like she's just kind of a debutante marrying a guy and their business more about having money than them being so special (much less Max being genetically inferior). But still, the kid does seem to be a big adolescent drifting along and expecting his parents to take care of him. Whether that's got anything to do with Lisa or Ken's parenting I don't know, but I can understand Ken wanting to draw the line right away with the kid registering his car etc.

Bella's apartment was insane--though I didn't really like the furnishings it's obviously wildly expensive. But does still seem unnecessary for somebody that age. I thought Kyle had the right idea in only getting an apartment for the kid because she was waitlisted for a dorm.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Love 12

He's adopted. I thought Lisa speculating as to Max's laziness stemming from non-Vanderpump blood was so cruel. And comparing him unfavorably to the golden child, Pandora, is, I believe, the #1 thing parenting books teach you NOT to say to/about an adopted child. That scene made me cringe.

Thanks, I remember now! Ken's son from his first wife is Warren, who if I recall correctly is also dating a much older woman. Wasn't she Lisa's friend before she was her daughter-in-law? Very interesting, indeed.

ETA: Yep! Warren's wife is 16 years older. "Warren Todd

Warren appeared on this season of the show when Lisa and Ken went to visit his opulent St Tropez home - and it emerged he is married to Lisa's best friend, Sue Vanner, who is 16 years his senior. Lisa, 51, who has been married to Warren's father Ken for 30 years, revealed on the show that she previously had concerns about her stepson's marriage due to the age difference."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/usshowbiz/article-2302450/Lisa-Vanderpumps-tycoon-stepson-Warren-Todd-lives-5m-West-London-home-parties-Liam-Neeson.html#ixzz3OlWDptN2 (I don't think she and Sue were BFFs, though).

• Love 1

I gave Lisa Rinna a lifetime pass when she called a spade a spade last week.  And I really think she is refreshing and funny and seems real enough...

However, she talks a lot. And interrupts often. I first noticed a few weeks ago and it got really noticeable when talking to Eileen about Brandi being 3 and wanting to spank her.  Tonight the woman from Stella and Dot could hardly get a word in edgewise.

I've never seen her on a talk show so I'm interested to watch WWHL tonight to see if interrupting is her thing or just the way RHOBH is edited.  I

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 3

Meant to add that this Penn Jilette movie was funded by Kickstarter so I doubt they got paid much. My work friend's husband is a fan and donated money and got a non speaking part.

• Love 3

I've always been a fan of Kyle, Mauricio and family, but for heaven's sake, ease up, Kyle! I did think it was great of her to tell her daughter that if it didn't work out she could come back home. I see the pressure a lot of new college kids are under so it's good that Kyle let Alexia know she could fall back. That being said, Kyle has to stop relying on her kids for so much emotional support. She should let them know they're free to go wherever their lives will take them. Luckily, I think Mauricio has a much better perspective and balances things out. And I swear, Farrah could be Kyle's older, prettier and smarter sister. She always comes across as more mature than Kyle, plus, I think she's really beautiful. But still, I really enjoy watching them as a family but Alexia going to college shouldn't come down to how it impacts Kyle. Ditto with Yolanda, although I didn't get the sense she was as cut up about it as when Gigi left home. Me thinks Bella isn't as much as the golden child as Miss Gigi.

Brandi needs to get gone and stay gone. She's just gross. I love, love, love Eileen and Lisa. They're what "Beverly Hills" should be about. Lisa is a hoot and I loved seeing her and Eileen together. It might not be as dramatic as some of the other ladies story lines, but I'd rather watch them, their fabulous houses, husbands and bodies just hanging out all day. And how much do you want to be that Max's "becoming more ambitious" means whoring himself out on this show for cash.

• Love 7

Lisa Rinna probably purchased those lips to improve her hummers and BJ giving skills because they certainly don't enhance her appearance. She looks downright frightening at times and has a mouth that eerily matches The Joker. 

Also, Rinna has awful taste in jewelry. The pieces she wants to auction off are terribly tacky and cheap looking.

I have never liked how Lisa talks about Max. It reminds me of a co-worker who kept the dog in a divorce because her ex moved to an apartment. It was pretty clear she wasn't thrilled with the arrangement but shrugged it off because her kids were happy. "Ace peed on the rug again but the boys love him", that kind of thing. I feel Lisa is similar with Max. Like eh, he's no Pandora but Ken loves him.

Maybe it's just me.

I have a sneaking suspicion Max is Ken's child from an indiscretion. The mom was probably incapable of raising the child on her own so the Todd-Vanderpumps adopted him. 

I totally forgot Kim was on this show. Looks like she may be relapsing next week. Oh goodie.

Yolanda really needs to STFU about Bella having "one drink" and driving. Her daughter is clearly an underage minor who should not have been drinking at *all* in the eyes of the law. Does CA not have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to drunk driving and minors? The Fosters must've greased a lot of palms because I didn't hear about the legal repercussions Bella faced, but she did impress me by having the maturity to give her mother a heartfelt card. Clearly Bella isn't the golden child of the family, which is why her NYC apartment was noticeably smaller than Gigi's. Still, it must be nice to have mommy and daddy finance your life in the Big Apple.

Likewise, Kyle needs to dial back the melodrama surrounding her daughters leaving the nest. She is probably an emotional person by nature but I don't doubt for a second she's playing up the tears for the camera. Last week she was squeezing out whatever waterworks she could and it came across as really staged. Still, I'm grateful that the "drama" on this show is all organic and genuine, and not the usual producer driven shitfest between cast members. Looks like that's all about to change soon. 

Is Kyle's daughter attending Arizona State or U of A? I'm inclined to believe its the one that was ranked the #1 party school back when I attended college based on huge emphasis on Greek life and the fact that the whole rushing a sorority process seems to have began before she's even attended her first class.

• Love 4

Yolanda has a separate apartment for each of the girls? Yikes. New Yorkers where is Bella living? That wasn't Washington Square Park but looked like she was in the West Village area.

It's hard to tell, but Parson's is in Greenwich Village, so I'm assuming she's within walking distance. I can't even begin to think of what that apartment must cost a month. Le sigh....

I'm wondering no matter how lovey dovey Yolanda plays it, she makes every effort for her children to spend her ex husband's money so if he ever remarries there is less left for the next Mrs Hadid and any kids she manages to have (though I think his hair is the biggest form of birth control a rich man can have ; getting fucked by that would cause eggs to crawl back up the tube). 

Is ASU that good of a school?  I remember when it was joked about being the school of Meghan McCain and MTV reality show cast members.  Anyway I can empathize somewhat with Kyle and Mauricio but Kyle also has a habit of overreacting.  I don't think that is the show or even her upbringing.  I think if she was Amish the churn would be giving her some kind of grief we would hear about.  I think that is just her personality.  She invests in the moment  Whether it is sending a daughter off to college, chiding her drunk sister in a limo or waltzing into a grocery store in Palm Springs.

Brandi.  I might find the newer Lisa and Eileen too careful and contrived, minority I know, but she just needs to be swept under the carpet and forgotten about.  I think she proves that as the outlier in the bunch how hard these shows work and really fail at providing reality in terms of a cohesive cast that does more than just works together when the day is done.  I'm not sure which I find annoying.  The fact that Brandi sees Eddie as the only real thing that matters about herself or the fact that she basically raised interest in what I heard was one of the worst candid reality shows made.  Didn't he "cast" actors to portray his kids for the show?   Someone with an ounce of sense would have stood back, let Eddie and Leann implode in pop culture and then stepped in to play a role that would have paid off longer than the crutches did. 

Lisa Vanderpimp..  Once again marginalizes Max while trying to pay herself on the back for adopting him.  For someone so cunning in terms of self gain she lacks a lot of self awareness and common sense.  The one thing I love enjoy about her.  That and how thuggish she and Ken truly are to me.  No matter how much glitzy spackle they slather themselves in they really aren't that many steps from the people on My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.  i can so see Ken a few years younger in a vest getting into fights at the caravan park while Lisa in fake eyelashes just a smidge longer and clothes that....well look pretty much what she wears now just cheaper fabrics urges him on.

I wonder if Rinna will ever stop using the show as an audition as a possible replacement for Kelly Ripa? 

• Love 9

I guess Bravo and I have different definitions of the word 'entertainmen.' Seeing Brandi & Co watching was not entertainment.

Brandi can't complain about 1K not being enough for groceries when a few episodes back she leased a 100K car.

Didn't Lisa and Harry basically play a version of themselves on Veronica Mars?

• Love 4

Didn't Lisa and Harry basically play a version of themselves on Veronica Mars?

Yup. Aside from the fact that Harry's character on VM

was a cold blooded killer

! That is actually the only acting gig I know Lisa Rinna from--and again she only nabbed the role through her connection to Harry.

No wonder those PSLs are so damn important to her.

• Love 2

First off, I just have to point out the extrme irony, as others have mentioned, of Brandi bitching about a TV show her ex and his wife are on because they"constantly" mention her, and she's not even getting paid, while she is being filmed for a TV show she is on where she is constantly mentioning him and his wife. And then says she hopes his show does well, because then he'll be able to pay her more. I mean, really. The delusion runs strong in that one.

Here's the thing with tonight's show. I didn't hate any individual scene, except any scenes with Brandi. And side note - her hair looked really greasy tonight. What was up with that?

The probelm is, I need some interaction between these ladies to balance all of the family stuff. If they had spaced each of these stories out over several episodes, spliced with at least 2 or 3 of them interacting with each other, it would have been much more entertaining (and no, Kim lying on Brandi's bed for five minutes does not count). It just didn't gel for me, everyone was too much in their own little world, which made it seem extremely boring. Luckily it looks like next week makes up for it.

As someone with no kids, but with a mother who cried buckets after she dropped me off at college (I was the third of her four children), I will never be the one to judge how somone reacts to kids going off to college. The thing I kind of liked about Kyle is she completely acknowledged how ridiculous she was being, but she just couldn't help it. And I did appreciate her saying that it was very important to her that her daughters went to college, especially because she didn't. But it didn't stop her from wanting to keep them close. I didn't see any real guilt trips or arm twisting on her part to get her daughter to come home. I think she'll still be extremely proud and happy to see Alexia graduate from Arizona.

Anyway, let's get to next week. I know it's wrong, but it would be fun to see Kyle bodyslam Brandi to the ground.

• Love 15
Bella's apartment was insane--though I didn't really like the furnishings it's obviously wildly expensive. But does still seem unnecessary for somebody that age.

The apartment looked lovely and was probably comfortable, but all the white, black and chrome was a little cold for me.  I'd want more color, personally.  I wonder if she talked with Bella about it at all, or if Yo just imposed her taste on Bella. 

• Love 5

Yes! I have noticed for weeks that they actually don't look bad at all. After all these years of hearing about how she "ruined" her face by getting huge lips, I think she looks fine.

They did refer to Brandi a lot although not by name most of the time. They referred to her as his ex or several other ways but it was always known who they were talking about.

Lisa/Kens talk with Max was rather normal IMO, although she should not have brought up the fact that he is not biologically their son.

I've watched the show once or twice on accident and I didn't hear them say Brandi's name once.

They referred to her quit a bit, just not by name. 

Brandi inviting friends over to snark on Eddie and LeAnn's show was emblematic of how bitchy and immature she is. When her first book came out - I didn't read it, but I guess she dishes on them, and when she was grilled in an interview on the appropriateness of doing that, think about the kids, etc., she said that she was not going to discuss them publicly after this book ever again. Clearly, another lie told by Brandi.

Every year Brandi makes the same promise, to not talk smack about Eddie/Leann and every year she does it. After her 1st book she said the second book would not mention them but it does, several times. Brandi has based her entire "sad luck story" on big bad cheating Eddie and nasty, dirty husband stealing Leann.......that is her entire premise for this show yet she calls them out for doing the same thing....using her as fodder for their show! Pot....meet Kettle! LOL

• Love 6